UPDATED 07-11-19!!! Just scroll down until you see the “UPDATED” notice to see all the latest ones!! P.S. You can also check out: Reader Question – Marion wants more “Older woman, younger man” book recommendations… and all of our posts categorized: ➔ Older Woman/Younger Man for even more.
Considering how much I’ve thoroughly enjoyed quite a few “older woman/younger man” romance reads (and all of the insecurities and social reactions that come with that kind of love story), I think it’s about time I put up a list of them for us to choose from!
And these fellow readers think so, too:
Paola: I have a suggestion for a list. Older woman/younger man. I’ve read all of the Pearl Trilogy by Arianne Richmonde, the Midlife Love/ At Last by Whitney Gracia Williams The Education of Sebastien/Caroline by Jane Harvey Berrick, On the Island by Tracey Garvis Graves. These were all fantastic books. Do you have any other suggestions in this same genre?
Claudia: I am looking for books where the man is younger than the woman..I read most of the popular ones. Any ideas?
Maryse: What a great idea. I will absolutely get started on this list. I haven’t read that many of them yet, BUT I did love the one’s I’ve read and there’s definitely a need for a good list like this.
Sandy: wow i was just thinking the other day i would like to read more books about older women with younger guys, and hey not just because i’m an older woman LOL… thanks for this list i see several that i have not read 🙂
Minha: I love this cougar list, thank you Maryse!!!
Here are some reader suggestions (including a few of my own – which I’ve linked up with my reviews, plus a few that I found on Amazon that look good and fit the bill!
P.S. Let me know if you guys have any more suggestions. I’ll add them in. 🙂
READER RECOMMENDATIONS (UPDATED JULY 11th 2019):
Michelle: I just finished All Grown Up and loved it. What a fun read.
Maryse: Ah yessss!! She puts up a profile on a dating site and her date ends up being her neighbor’s son (now all grown up)… EEEEEP!!!! Perfect for my “older woman/younger man” list!!
Julie Jaret: Extreme Close-Up (Perspectives Book 1) I wrote this one, but non-family members seem to love it! Lisa is 41, divorced, and a struggling photographer. Braden is 23 and has just had his football career cut short. He used to babysit Lisa’s 15 year-old son and is still the brother he never had.
Dee: “Take Me On (Ross Siblings Book 6)” by Cherrie Lynn It’s #4 in the series w/ a few half stories in between and it is sooo good. “The consequences of a moment can last a lifetime”.
Shannon: Zane (Alluring Indulgence Book 2) by Nicole Edwards has an older woman, though that’s not really the basis of the plot, it just factors in.
Stacy: The Idea of You: A Novel was a fabulous age gap read.
Angela: This is the one book I’ve ever read that I can’t get out of my head. I love this book.
Sharon: I loved this book! I keep hoping there will be a sequel…
Dalen: …you need to get this book! Trust me.
Bibi: Has anyone read Snowfire by Anne Mather? So good.
Northernstar: “What If It’s Right?” by JB Heller was a great read! A women becomes the guardian to her young nephew and his best friend falls in love with her. The story evolves over many years. I really enjoyed this one.
Mia: “A Much Younger Man (Tryst Series Book 1)” by Mia Fox is another one for your list. It’s about a field hockey player and the mother of one of his team mates…a steamy, fun read.
Fran: Do you know ‘One Summer: A Novel from Karen Robards? It’s a great romantic suspense. The heroine used to be the hero’s teacher and is a bit older than him. It has some great steamy scenes 🙂
Fran: Then there is The Manny: A Novel by Holly Peterson. It has no steamy scenes but a lot of sexual tension.
Mary X: My ultimate favorite is “Dancing at the Harvest Moon” by K.C. McKinnon. There’s a movie too, but the book is better (naturally). It tells about a divorcing woman, who meets and falls for a son of her First Love.. I’m not really a cougar type of lady, but that story was touching and drove me to look for similar situations. (That’s how I ended up reading your list and search some of those stories online). 🙂
Lauren: If you haven’t read any of Cory Cyr’s books…..READ THEM NOW!!! As far as I’m concerned, she is THE queen of all older women/younger man books. Start with Bite & Release. You will LOVE it, I promise!
Virginia: Another older woman/younger man themed book is To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men Book 2) by Linda Kage.
Cheryl: Taboo Series Book 1 & 2 Bundle by roxy queen!!!! Love the book so damn much!
Jenny: Taboo by Roxy Queen was a fun read that would fit this list! College student working as nanny for the summer lusting after hot high school lifeguard 🙂
Kristin: I remember reading a novella in Jude Deveraux’s “The Invitation (The Montgomery/Taggert Family Book 13)” involving an older woman/younger man scenario. . . in the early 1900s, if I remember correctly, which made it even more difficult for the heroine. Great stories, all of them in that anthology.
Debbie: Make Me Yours (Unravel Me Series Book 2) by Kendall Ryan will fit this category.
Tess: I just finished Make Me Yours by Kendall Ryan, OMG Maryse, Cohen blew my mind!!!!! I fell in love. Hot, sweet, alpha & a virgin…. He had me SWOOOONING!!! Seriously……
Jennifer: Make Me Yours …made me ccccrrrrryyyyy!!!!!!!
Rube: Cool! 2 to add:
Jodi: An Unexpected Obsession (Hot Romance) by Heidi Hall. It’s kinda like The Unidentified Redhead but really plays up the paparazzi angle in a fun way. Super famous younger male actor falls for an older author/college professor when auditing one of her classes for movie research! I read it a couple of years ago but really liked it! Pretty steamy too if I remember right!
Carina: A Much Younger Man – written by Dianne Highbridge and unfortunately not available on Kindle. It is an older book and deals with an extreme (to me) age difference and as it is based in Australia, with their age of consent. It is not a long book, but absolutely beautifully written – from the reviews on Amazon, it is clear that the writing style is not everyone’s cup of tea. Due to the age difference, I didn’t know whether I should hope for them to be together or not :). I reread my faves all the time and this is the one I have reread most – can you tell I love the book??
Marta: I read “Keeping Pace” by Dee Carney. She is 39 and lost her husband to cancer and he is 26 and the son of her next door neighbours. Some angst due to her reservations with age difference but lots of chemistry and he is SO SO HOOOOOT and a HOT NERD (PHD in Physics)!!! Must read xxxx
Karen: Love Hacked: A Reluctant Romance (Knitting in the City Book 3) (Penny Reid’s new book) and the hero is smokin hot! He’s much younger than the heroine. He’s also a genius computer hacker with a chip on his shoulder. I loved it!!
Jai: still my favorite mostly because the hero in Love Hacked is the most amazing sexy reclusive guy I’ve ever read
Kat: Love Hacked was my favorite!! Maybe even my favorite book read so far this year. They were all so funny I got strange looks from people when I was out in public because I was laughing so hard but the last hero had the whole reclusive/damaged vibe. Quinn was alpha-sexy but Alex is definitely my new book boyfriend!!
ORIGINAL recommendations from back in 2014:
- Anyone But You by Jennifer Cruise <— Bobbi recommends this one!
Bobbi: “Oh! One I thought was rreeaaally cute and sweet that I loved was Anyone But You by Jennifer Cruise”
- Heights of Desire (The Heightsbound Series) by Mara White <— Sarah suggests this one: “Heights of Desire by Mara White. Haven’t read it, but I think the girl is 20 years older than the guy.” <— 40-something married woman meets young gang member…
- The Education of Sebastian (The Education of…) by Jane Harvey Berrick <— Athena loves these (actually, many of our fellow readers do!):
Athena: “The Education of Sebastian and the Education of Caroline by Jane Harvey-Berrick….loved, loved, loved it!!”
- The Education of Caroline by Jane Harvey Berrick
- Diamond Girl (‘G-Man Series’) by Andrea Smith <— Cody says: “What about Diamond Girl?”
- On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— Thanks for this suggestion, Laurie. I read it a few years ago and LOVED it!! It’s also a touch “student/teacher”… (my review of On The Island)
Jen: ‘On the Island’ is one of my favorite books ever! I have read it over and over!
- Finding Home by Lauren Baker & Bonnie Dee <— And here’s one of my own suggestions, while I’m reminiscing of reads from a few years ago, here’s one that fits this list that I LOVED. While the age difference isn’t HUGE, the circumstances are and the age issues definitely comes into play (he’s 17 and on the streets, and she’s in her early-ish 20’s) – my review of Finding Home
- Coming of Age by Ciana Stone <— he’s just about to turn 18… and she’s ten years older. I read it and of course it made me uncomfortable… but still… can’t help enjoying an uncomfortable read. I didn’t review it, but not bad for a short. 😉
- Fallen From Grace by Laura Leone <— This is a good one!! She thinks the gorgeous neighbor she’s befriending is a model, but he’s actually an escort… (my review of Fallen From Grace)
- The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead) by Alice Clayton <— Laurie suggests this one, too. Oh yes sooooo good! Yep! I remember… she meets and falls for a famous young actor, and the paparazzi aren’t too nice about her age… (my review of The Unidentified Redhead)
- Noah (5th Street #1) by Elizabeth Reyes <— Kathy recommends this one and Yep! I loved this one too. Not only is he a boxer, but this one fits this list perfectly! (my review of Noah)
Kathy: “Noah (5th Street Series) by Elizabeth Reyes. Have read her Moreno series and loved them.”
- Mid Life Love by Whitney G <— Neika’s suggestion and Susan agreed, commenting:
Susan: A romantic, fun read that I really enjoyed and have re-read twice. We need some happier books occasionally…so much angst in so many books lately!
Linda: Guys I’ve read Diamond Girl, On the Island, Midlife Love and Midlife Love at Last and The Pearl Trilogy. These are all outstanding reads I swear!!! Few others on the list that I haven’t read yet and a few others I’ve one clicked. Love it Maryse when you focus us in on a particular category.
Belle: Whitney Gracia Williams’ Mid Life Love and the sequel, Mid Life Love:At Last are amazing, fun reads. We have bombarded her with wanting a third book, because we love Grace & Jonathan so much, that in her news letter she does a bit called “Mocha Monday” and gives us our Jonathan/Grace fix. Shes a hoot. Loooooove her.
- Knight In Black Leather by Gail Dayton <— One of Nancy’s favorites: “Knight in Black Leather by Gail Dayton. Standalone & absolutely loved it!”
- Jane’s Melody: A Novel by Ryan Winfield <— Nancy also recommends this one and I agree!! Loved it, and the age-difference insecurities really play a big part! (here’s my review of Jane’s Melody)
Nancy: “Jane’s Melody by Ryan Winfield. Standalone & absolutely loved it, too!”
- Liberating Lacey by Anne Calhoun <— Kandace brings up this one and, I’m with you, Kandace. I want to read it SO bad. I don’t know how this one dropped off my radar, ’cause I remember wanting to read it. Ah well, I’ve got it now and it’s officially become one of my top TBR books on my list. And I just found a comment from Melissa recommending this one:
Melissa: Liberating Lacy…whoa. Younger man in uniform meets newly divorced (slightly older) upper class lady. Kind of a “How Stella Got her Groove back” But much better. It pulls you in from the very beginning…and very hot and steamy 😉 Nothing like Sweet Gum Tree but another that will keep you up!
Kim: Liberating Lacey. You have got to read this one. I found it about the same time I found your bog. What I love is the confidence of the older women. We often hate our bodies but she knows what she wants unti he shows her more might be possible, in a hot alpha cop kinda way, and she might make him want more too. Sooo good, please consider addin it to your list
Rebecca: I second Liberating Lacey!! Absolutely loved, and He is the sexiest Cop I’ve ever read in a book. And the Uniform and the Handcuffs do make an appearance in some of the sexiest sex scenes that I’ve ever read! Very well written too, there is a Lot of emotional depth to these characters, a lot of Angst, and I felt a very real and honest depiction of feelings.
Maryse: UPDATE!! I read it! 🙂 Book Review
- Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour (The Sinners on Tour) by Olivia Cunning <— she’s not that much older, but Lindsay reminds is she’s about seven years his senior. Awesome read, and it’s fun to experience the “young” rock star falling for the older University student. (my review of Backstage Pass)
Lindsay: Backstage pass? She was like 7 years or so older.
- Everything I’ve Never Had by Lynetta Halat <— Recommended by Maureen:
Maureen: “I also liked Everything I’ve Never Had from Lynetta Halat. Sexy younger guy with “skills”, if you catch my drift! **wink**wink*nudge**nudge**”
- The Pearl Trilogy Boxed Set (The Pearl Series, books 1-3 of 5) by Arianne Richmonde as suggested by Paola, above.
Tracy: Love the Pearl Trilogy and just finished Pearl,, Alexandre’s POV part one and cannot wait for part 2 to find out if he *spoiler*… since its from his point of view, we don’t have these answers in the trilogy so please get Alexandre’s part 2 book on Amazon so I can preorder and have it the day it comes out.. I cannot wait.. awesome,,,,,, read another book by someone else that was from the mans point of view and it was almost identical but not the Pearl trilogy ‘s Pearl books from his Pov its great to read what we all want to know, what was going through his head…. a must have to complete the story….
- The Film Student and Me by Julie Hilden <— I just found this one on Amazon: “When happily married forty-year-old Rebecca Moore discovers that her husband is having an affair with a younger woman in his firm, she decides that there’s only one solution: have an affair of her own—with a younger man.”
Jeanie V: I read the Film Student & Me back in August – a lot of mixed reviews but I liked it. It has lust, love, loyalty & revenge and holy smokes, KINKY sexy time!!! LOL! The ending though…hmmm… BTW, I love all your lists Maryse! 🙂
- Seducing Kate by M. Bolden <— Another Amazon “find” – He seduces his best friend’s mother…
M. Bolden: I stumbled upon this post while doing a Google search for Seducing Kate–just keeping an eye on it since it’s a new release. I am humbled beyond words to find it included in this list, even if it was added merely as a “find.”
- Unrivaled (Unlikely Lovers) by Cheryl Brooks <— Another Amazon find… “Devoted to her nursing career and her college-age son, Leslie Wilkes isn’t looking for love. But when she spots an adorable young man sitting at the bar while celebrating her fiftieth birthday, she secretly buys him a drink. Construction worker Robin Thatcher has always preferred older women. He can’t believe his luck when he deduces that the woman of his dreams paid for that drink. Determined not to lose her, he contrives a meeting.“
- Unbridled (Unlikely Lovers) by Cheryl Brooks <— “A widow with an autistic child, Miranda wears her ring as a deterrent to suitors. Although smitten with Travis, she can’t believe the handsome younger man could ever be more than eye candy.” <— okay, I gotta say I’m biased towards the name Travis… so of course I had to include this one! 😉
- Still Fine at Forty by Dakota Madison <— “Jennifer gets more than she bargained for when she meets the ruggedly handsome 29-year old tour Jeep guide, Cody Miller, and the two begin a passionate romance. What Jennifer doesn’t know is that Cody has a secret past that not only threatens to destroy their new love but also expose a tragic event from Jennifer’s past that she has tried desperately to forget.“
- All Of You (Only You) by Rhian Cahill <— Another Amazon find: “Claire Jones never thought her fantasies about the hot—younger—guy next door would ever turn into her reality but after a push from her best friend and an encounter involving dirty laundry she’s getting more reality than one woman should be allowed. But with reality comes emotion and Claire finds herself falling deeper and deeper under Ryan’s spell until he’s infiltrated every part of her life.“
- His Touch by Emma Keene <— “Heather realizes that she has known the man of her dreams for years, but she is worried that he might not feel the same. Not to mention she’s worried what everyone else might think.”
- A Long, Hot Summer (The TripleHornBrand) by Delilah Devlin <— Amazon find “…the man they send has her working double-time to shore up the walls around her heart. He’s older now, harder—and hotter—but he’s the same Tommy Triplehorn she couldn’t resist all those years ago.” <— a review says he’s twelve years younger than her…
- Scoring Lacey by Jenna Howard <— “The NHL goalie is her brother’s best friend and is ten years younger than her.”
- Meander Scar by Lisa J. Lickel <— “Former neighbor Mark Roth has secretly loved Ann for years. A respected attorney, he’s returned home to help Ann face down disapproving family members and the legal maneuvering of her likely deceased husband’s family—while quietly winning her heart. When the hidden truth of Ann’s situation turns their lives on end and another tragedy strikes, the two must come to terms with family, faith and the depths to which true love can run.“