“…now the jokes on me, because the scrawny lawn boy who I secretly loved from afar is now the director of Hollywood’s most exclusive summer camp.
And I’m on his staff.
Now it’s his turn to punish me.His turn to make me pay.
His turn to take his revenge after years of humiliation…”
Happy Friday everyone!!! 😀 Our Friday Finds list is nicely loaded, and I’ll add more as we find ’em!
- ➔➔ This month’s “Kindle First Reads“ are up for Amazon Prime Members!! Which one will you choose? I chose “Here to Stay” (psych-thriller where his new wife moves her family in… eeeeep!!! LOL!!!)
- ➔➔ Prime members that have not joined Kindle Unlimited yet can get a KU membership for 3 MONTHS at a bargain!!! <— this is still on!!! 😀
- ➔➔ Reader Recommendations – Books that took us out of our comfort zone… <— If you missed it yesterday, we have a new list up!! IT IS HUGE!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Coming Up Roses by Staci Hart <— STACI HART’S LATEST IS LIVE!! SHE LOVES HER JOB BUT HATES HER BOSS’S SON… that totally forgot about their night together. GASP!! THAT JERK!!! 😉 “...I love the greenhouse, and I love Mrs. Bennet, my boss. I love creating, and I love being a florist. I don’t hate anything at all. Except for Luke Bennet. The Bennet brothers have come home to help their mom save the flower shop, and Luke is at the helm…”
- Almost Had You (Harbour Point SEAL Series Book 2) by Rachel Robinson <— LIVE!!! RACHEL ROBINSON’S LATEST!! THE SOUTHERN BELLE & THE NAVY SEAL (and their fathers are running against each other in the election…) “…There was never a need to question my place under the sun. It glitters. It’s splendid. I am blessed.From the second Mercer Ballentine, war hero, Navy SEAL extraordinaire stepped off the airplane, my life has been nothing but one hijinks after another. Nothing will ever be the same.It’s a good thing I’m ready for a change, because that man has tilted my world upside down. He might brandish roguish cowboy charm and rippling abs, but those things are no match for the wiles of a true southern belle.I always get what I want and I don’t want to follow anybody’s rules for another second...”
- Whatever Happens by Micalea Smeltzer <— FRIENDSHIP W/ HER NEIGHBOR ALERT!! Kathy P recommends this one!
Kathy P: I just read Micalea Smeltzer’s, Whatever Happens. It is about a high school senior who moves to a new town after her younger sister’s suicide and the friendship she develops with her next door neighbor. (Also has elements of bullying involved). Definitely recommend this read. Not sexually explicit so if you have a teenager, this would be a great book for them or you to read.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain: A Novel by Garth Stein <— Kathy P recommends it & Michele G too (although I put her recommendation in the audiobook section below). My heart is already aching and I don’t even know why. Books about animals make me cry!!!
Kathy P: I recommend The Art of Racing in the Rain to everyone I know. It makes you reevaluate how you treat your precious fur babies, what they are thinking, etc.
Jess: I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain 🙂 big time tearjerker.
Michele G: OMG, so good! I mean, don’t get me wrong, there were tears shed, but not necessarily the ones I anticipated.
- His Forever by Mila Crawford and Aria Cole <— LIVE!!! THE FAMOUS ACTOR & THE SOCIAL WORKER ALERT! “...Anna O’Rourke would do anything for children in need. She’d dedicated her life to helping kids in the system. Her once in a lifetime assignment isn’t what she expected. The Jane Doe baby she’s been assigned to might just be related to Hollywood’s leading man. Becoming overnight parents isn’t easy for anyone...”
- Real Rocks by Julie Archer <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR ALERT!!
- His Duchess For A Day (The Heart of a Scandal Book 4) by Christi Caldwell <— LIVE!! HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Moth to a Flame: A thrilling romantic suspense novel by Cambria Hebert <— LIVE!! CAMBRIA HEBERT ALERT!!
- Feast of Sparks (Thornchapel Book 2) by Sierra Simone <— LIVE!! SIERRA SIMONE ALERT!!! FORBIDDENY-STEAMY & MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! “…I’m an outcast and a loner, named for death itself. Fate wasn’t supposed to have plans for me. But then she came back–the girl I once kissed in a thorn-covered chapel in the woods. She came back, and I could no more resist her than I could pry out my own heart. And by some trick of fate, she wants me as much as I want her. The only problem? She also wants the man who owns Thornchapel, Auden Guest. And so do I...”
- Devlin (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes Book 1) by Barbara Freethy <— LIVE!!!
- Deposed: A Contemporary Reverse Harem High School Bully Romance (Kings of Mercia Academy Book 3) by Sofia Daniel <— LIVE!!!
- The Truth about Tomorrow by B. Celeste <— LIVE!!!
- Love in an Undead Age by A.M. Geever <— LIVE!!! POST-APOCALYPTIC ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Ten years after the zombie apocalypse a good man is still hard to find… just ask Miranda Tucci. Most are ill-equipped to breach Miranda’s emotional defenses, and even in San Jose, California, the most technologically advanced outpost of civilization left on the planet, there’s no app for mending a broken heart. But when Connor MacGuire turns up at nearby Santa Clara University, even Miranda begins to wonder if she has finally found someone she can trust...”
- Severance by NN Britt <— RECENT RELEASE & quite a few in our crew loved it and now Kim LOVED it too!
Kim: Just finished Severance by NN Britt ~ oh my aching heart ❤️ it is such a bittersweet read ~ I didn’t want the book to end
- Out to Find Freedom by Lila Rose <— OLDER MAN/YOUNGER WOMAN ALERT!! SHE’S BEATEN & BROKEN & HE’S HER NEW NEIGHBOR!! It’s a recent release AND on super-bargain. P.S. The author is today’s Friday Finds newsletter sponsor and she has the first 2 sneak peak chapters for us to read!! 😀 !!! “…Private investigator Ryan Warden doesn’t know he’s moved next door to people he would put behind bars in an instant. Nor does he realise a sleepless night could lead him on the right track with the case he’s working on. He certainly doesn’t expect Emerson Spence. What he does know is he has to stay away from her. She’s been beaten and broken. She deserves to live freely while learning and experiencing things in life like any young woman should. He’s too old for her. It’s better to stay away...”
- Right Before I Jump by Tammy Bench <— LIVE!! PARATROOPER IS NEW IN TOWN & HE JUST UPENDED HER LIFE… “…Young, idealistic and innocent. Seren Thomas has lived all her life in the small Welsh coastal village, without any hope of escape. Hopelessly in love with an older man who doesn’t know she’s alive. Her fledgling career, a non-starter. Her experience with men, pitiful. Her future appeared both boring and hopeless. Until he arrived and upended her life, without ever asking permission…”
- Dark Legacy Series <— BULLY BOOK ALERT! BOOK #3 JUST WENT LIVE & Chelli LOVES this much-loved series too!
Chelli: Soooo I saw a little treat on your blog the other day that I couldn’t resist…you posted the Broken Wing series and someone mentioned it had that Fallen Crest feel to it, which of course meant it was “mine..mine..mine” it totally does has the Fallen Crest vibe with a little Brayshaw Boys. Devoured the first book and onto the second one. Not sure how I missed these when they came out but thank you thank you for posting them!!!
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— WE LOVED IT & now… so does Susanna!
Susanna: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. That is all. Go in blind. Be transformed.
Maryse: Yesssss!! SO AGREED!! I loved that one so much!! :D!!! Here’s my review.
Leslie M: Evelyn Hugo was a very different book for me. I typically don’t like chic lit/fiction but Evelyn’s character was fascinating and her life story was amazing. What I didnt love as much was the present day part. I cant say my exact issue as it’s a spoiler…but it’s totally worth reading.
- Dirty Lovely Broken: A Dark Sci-fi Fairy Tale (Twisted Kingdom Book 1) by Emmy Chandler <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Tessa LOVED it!
Tessa: So I finished Dirty, Lovely, Broken and OMG. It’s definitely dark and soooo good. Not gonna lie, hot too. Seriously though, dark readers will love this. I thought it’d be good, but it was really good.
Now, I’m torn. Broken Legacy: A Dark High School Romance (Dark Legacy Book 3) came out. Also, Royals of Villain Academy 3: Sinister Wizardry. BOTH BOOKS ARE BULLY BOOKS AND SUPER GOOD! Gah!
- Gretchen: A Thriller by Shannon Kirk <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! I don’t know how I missed THIS release a week or 2 ago, but I LOVED another creepy book by this author, so I am ALL over this!! SQUEEEEEE!! She and her mother have been on the run and in hiding for years… “...after thirteen years and eleven states, their next hideaway seems perfect. An isolated, fortresslike place in the New Hampshire woods is the new home they share with its owner, a gentlemanly pianist, and his lonely daughter, Gretchen. She’s Lucy’s age and soon becomes Lucy’s first real friend. But Gretchen and her father have secrets of their own…” P.S. Here’s my review of another book she wrote that I enjoyed: Book Review – Method 15/33
- Overture by Skye Warren <— CAROLINE FOUND US THIS super-deal!!
Found a fabulous freebie! First book in Skye Warren’s newest series!
- No Tomorrow by Carian Cole <— NANCY FOUND US THIS super-deal!!! 😀 I read it and it’s full-on angsty and intense!
Nancy: I can’t believe NO TOMORROW by Carian Cole is Free for 5 days!
- The Malediction Trilogy by Danielle L. Jensen <— YA PARANORMAL TRILOGY (it’s complete!!) & recommended by Caroline (actually posted below in the audiobook section also, since she listened to them).
Caroline: If you’re looking for a great YA paranormal series like Holly Black or Gena Showalter, this trilogy is a great read.
Leslie M: I just finished Becoming Calder/Finding Eden by Mia Sheridan and guess what??? I LOVED IT!!!!!! It was super intense, emotional, angsty, swoony and book hangover inducing. I think most of you would love it too!
Maybe I haven’t lost my reading mojo after all???
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- ➔➔ Prime members Audible for 3 months at a super-deal!!!
- Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen <— Caroline recommends these!!
Caroline: …I listened to it as audiobooks. Had me hooked with book 1. New to me author, Danielle Jensen. Three books in this series. She also has a new release in a new YA paranormal series. And an adult paranormal series with The Bridge series. Highly recommend this author!!
- The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins <— I LOVED IT & now Nay does too!
Nay: I know I’m probably one of the last people in the world who hasn’t read or watched The Girl on the Train (hubs has even seen the movie!), but I listened to the audio book this weekend while I was cleaning through the stuff on the porch and I loved it! What a great mystery! I figured out some of it before the end, but there was plenty that I didn’t.
I’m doing more porch cleaning today, so I’m listening to Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens. I’m about 40% in and it’s great so far!
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein <— Michele G LOVED it!
Michele G: I listened to The Art of Racing in the Rain because I wanted to either read or listen to it before I see the movie. OMG, so good! I mean, don’t get me wrong, there were tears shed, but not necessarily the ones I anticipated.
- Ashley & Nay are loving the thrillers in the Audible Escape program (P.S. You can try it for one month, free, with unlimited listening to all of the audiobooks and series in the program!! GASP!!!)
Ashley: I’m glad Audible now has their Audible Escape program, I’ve gotten to listen to books I may not have tried and I’ve also been disappointed by ones I was looking forward to – either way I’ve gotten my money’s worth out it (To date I have listened to 444 audiobooks through it and that doesn’t include relistens, I keep track on goodreads). And there’s other places to get audiobook deals too – I’m glad audiobooks are getting more traction.
Nay: Very few narrators can make me forget that it’s a woman doing the hero’s voice and vice versa. But if I’m listening to a mystery that has some romance in it, I do okay. That’s what I focus on with the Escape program. There are also some urban fantasies I can handle. I loved the Graveyard Queen series by Amanda Stevens!
Ashley: Oooo, The Graveyard Series is one of the ones I want to listen to next. I listen while I’m working that’s how I’m able to get through so many (and also anytime I’m doing yard work or stuff around the house). There’s a few people at work that listen to audiobooks (some of them found out that I listen to them and they go ‘I should do that!’).
Nay: I gobbled up the Graveyard Queen series! I love the Southern Gothic feel it has to it! I wish I could find another like it. Do you listen to any of the thrillers in the Escape program? If so, are there any you’ve loved?
Ashley: I don’t think I’ve listened to any thrillers in the package but I have listened to a few suspense ones. I really liked the Web Of Lies series by Kathleen Brooks. I also liked the Search and Rescue series by Katie Ruggle.
- Gage (Love Under The Lights Book 1) by Rochelle Paige & Ella Fox – August 5th 2019
- The Inn by James Patterson – August 5th 2019
- The Perfect Wife: A Novel by JP Delaney – August 6th 2019
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware – August 6th 2019
- Discretion (The Dumonts Book 1) by Karina Halle – August 6th 2019
- The Right Swipe: A Novel by Alisha Rai – August 6th 2019
- House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig – August 6th 2019
- Vow of Thieves (Dance of Thieves Book 2) by Mary E. Pearson – August 6th 2019
- Sonata by Skye Warren – August 6th 2019
- Life and Other Inconveniences by Kristan Higgins – August 6th 2019
- Brave the Tempest (Cassie Palmer Book 9) by Karen Chance – August 6th 2019
- The Killing Tide (Coastal Guardians Book #1) by Dani Pettrey – August 6th 2019
- Lost in You (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten Book 3) by Lexi Blake – August 6th 2019
- Say You Still Love Me: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – August 6th 2019
- Billionaire Unattainable ~ Mason: A Billionaire’s Obsession Novel (The Billionaire’s Obsession Book 14) by J.S. Scott – August 6th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).