LATE NIGHT FRIDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! DEBRA ANASTASIA’S LATEST (DROWNING IN STARS) IS LIVE!!! AND IT SOUNDS DEEEEEP!!! FRIENDS SINCE CHILDHOOD…
“…When I was afraid of the dark, he would shine a light in my window. We shared our popsicles and I taught him how to get a good swing on the playground. I never imagined I’d have to decide who got to live and who didn’t. I chose him –and he could never know…”
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! As always, we have awesome new releases, recent releases (with feedback!!) and reader recommendations, including one from a reader question from 2018 that just got solved AND that gave me a blurb jolt!! YAY US!!! 😀
And guess what else? We just started this “favorites list” and is already loaded in awesomeness (and I will be adding more!!) ➔ Reader Recommendations – Our favorite books where the hero says something mean about the heroine and she overhears him…
AND GUESS WHAT ELSE?? MIDNIGHT SUN IS #1 ON ALL OF AMAZON RIGHT NOW!! ➔➔➔➔➔➔➔➔
Jacqueline: I’m on page 104. Can’t put it down and I’m already dreading the end. I want… no… need more!!! Stephanie should do all the books from Edward’s perspective.
Kristen: yesssssss. Because with Edward’s ability it’s like getting a book from EVERY character’s perspective. Now we know what everyone is thinking. I love it! I keep thinking of my favorite scenes I’d like every thought for: like when Bella meets Renesmee the first time. Or all of New Moon basically. 😍😍😍
Carrie: i was kinda hoping she write New Moon from Jacob’s perspective. That would be interesting!
Jacqueline: exactly! New moon could actually be a stand-alone what with Edward not being present at all. Would love to know what he did while away 🤔
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- JESSICA IS LOVING PASSIONFLIX!!!
Jessica: Passionflix is a new place I have found, it has our beautiful books come to life. Tusca Musk director and cofounder of this amazing website and it currently has Gabriel’s Inferno part I and II on it….it’s my new favorite spot second to your website for my favorites 😉
Maryse: I’m right there with you, Jessica!!! I lost my mind when I finally logged on via my Smart TV (my Firestick), and saw so many of my favorite books (and some I’ve got on my TBR list… up there in movies!!) I even wrote this post dedicated to it: Reader Question – What do you know about Passionflix? P.S. I am LOVING it!
- Marauder (Gangsters of New York Book 2) Bella Di Corte <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!
Debra: Marauder by Bella Di Corte is out today! An amazing mafia romance that’s already in the top 500 on Amazon! <3
- Beyond The Sea by K. Andrews <— M/M ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT & SO MUCH LOVE FOR IT HERE!!
MichelleS: …my recommendation for you sometime during this blazing hot season by the pool is…. “Beyond The Sea” by K. Andrews. It’s got the “lost at sea” thing going on, but with two GUYS and IT WORKS. It soooooo works. …I loved it. The cover is so cheesy. Just totally ignore that cover. 4.9 stars for me (I can’t remember their names, but I remember everything else!).
- The Trouble With Quarterbacks by R.S. Grey <— LIVE!! R.S. GREY ALERT!!! THE SCHOOL TEACHER & THE FOOTBALL STAR PICKING UP HIS NEPHEW… “...I thought I’d blacked out for a moment when I first saw him. He was a proper hunk with glorious brown hair, quite tall, and he had these arms. Are muscly arms supposed to turn me on? I’m panting just thinking about them. Anyway, he told me he’s a professional foosball player. At least, I think that’s what he said. The tots can get quite loud near pick-up time…”
- Six (The Heirs Series Book 8) by D. Camille <— LIVE!!
- The End: A Reverse Harem Bully Romance (Raven River Academy Book 3) by Ruby Vincent <— LIVE!!
- Vital Sign by J.L. Mac <— THE ANGSTY-SOUNDING ANSWER to a reader question that was just solved!! And Rae agrees!
Rae: Gosh yes I read this do long ago. It ripped my heart out.
Laura: …it is a story that has the true ugly version of grief. She lost her husband and she has to go meet three people who received his organs. It’s a beautiful/ugly story about grief, moving on, and love.
- Awakened by Him (Zinklaus Trilogy Book 1) by Eyta Jade
- That Swoony Feeling (Getting Lucky Book 4) by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE!! MEGHAN QUINN ALERT!! HE’S PART OF A PENPAL PROGRAM & LOVING IT UNTIL… “…until I started hanging out with Ruth Barber. Starting a new business right next to my shop, I found myself gravitating toward her. Her smile, her humor . . . her tea sandwiches. My attraction for Ruth came in full force, leaving me dazed, confused, and *ahem* excited. As new feelings for two women come to a screeching halt, I have to figure out who to choose. But when I discover my pen pal is Ruth, it might be too late...”
- Marauder (Gangsters of New York Book 2) by Bella Di Corte <— LIVE!!
- A Secret Surrender (The Untouchables: The Pretenders Book 1) by Darcy Burke <— LIVE!!
- The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones <— ZOMBIE YA HORROR ALERT!! TASHA J ENJOYED THIS ONE! “…Since the death of their parents, Ryn and her siblings have been scraping together a meager existence as gravediggers in the remote village of Colbren, which sits at the foot of a harsh and deadly mountain range that was once home to the fae. The problem with being a gravedigger in Colbren, though, is that the dead don’t always stay dead…”
Tasha J: I read The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones over the last few days. It felt good to start and finish a book in less than a week! I was invested in the story, but it wasn’t as scary or creepy as I’d hoped, likely bc it was YA. Now, I dk what I’m in the mood for and here I am back at square 1.
- Speak From The Heart: a small town romance by L.B. Dunbar <— LIVE!! L.B. DUNBAR ALERT!! “…When a small town, single father becomes enemies with the new girl in town, it’s either keep fighting her or give in to what his heart wants most…”
- Her Secret Baby: A Forbidden Romance (Forbidden Fantasies Book 4) by S.E. Law <— LIVE!!
- Strollers and Swings (Sunsets and Shades Book 2) by Erica Lee <— LIVE!!
- Love Drunk: The Complete Series: An Enemies to Lovers, Second Chance Romance, and Friends To Lovers Box Set Collection by Kristen Luciani <— LIVE!!
- In Scot Water (The Hots for Scots Book 4) by Caroline Lee <— LIVE!!
- Corruption (Dungeon Elite Book 2) by Leigh Lennon <— LIVE!!
- The Night Swim: A Novel by Megan Goldin <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! HER PODCAST MADE HER FAMOUS... RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Ela recommends it!!
Ela: HELLO EVERYONE! I highly recommend The Night Swim…really good.
- Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle Book 2) by Jocelynn Drake and Rinda Elliott <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Sixteen Weeks Later by Taylor Rylan <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- As Big as the Sky by Amy Aislin <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Our Darkest Hour (Our Darkest Series Book 1) by Sarah Bailey <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!”…He and I grew from boys to adolescents. Best friends who fell in love. We shared a bond I thought could never be broken. But fate had other plans. One event shattered our illusion. It tore us apart even as we fought to stay together…”
- True-Blue Cowboy (The Buckskin Brotherhood Book 4) by Vicki Lewis Thompson <— LIVE!!
- Slow Hands (Makes My Heart Race Book 3) by Hope Ford <— LIVE!!
- Cupcake (The Fluffy Cupcake Book 1) by Katie Mettner <— LIVE!!
- Fake It For Billionaire Enemy: An Enemies to Lovers Billionaire Romance by Alina Parker <— LIVE!!
- Savage Kingdom: A Dark Romance (Sekten Book 1) by C. Lymari <— LIVE!!
- Inked in Lies by Giana Darling <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! FIONA LOVED it!
Fiona: Just to let you know I have read two MC books that are just out recently; they are on kindle unlimited; great reads, gritty and raw especially the Inked in Lies by Giana Darling; must admit I shed a few tears, in this the Fallen MC Book 5.
- Chasing Him: A Forbidden Second Chance Romance (Dark Love Series Book 4) by Kat T.Masen <— LIVE!!
- Hollywood Heartbreaker: Hollywood Name Game Book 1 by Alexa Aston <— LIVE!!
- Keeping Her (Savage Brothers Second Generation Book 2) by Jordan Marie <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Fiona loved this biker book, too!
Fiona: The second MC book is Jordan Marie; its called Keeping Her, from the Savage Brothers Second Generation Book 2 and there was a lot of drama and angst in this too.
- The Marinara Theory by Kristin O’Ferrall <— LIVE!!
- Bad Desire: A Forbidden Romance (Making Her Mine Book 1) by Bailey Ryan <— LIVE!!
- Faking It: The most hilarious and laugh out loud page turner you’ll read this year! by Rebecca Smith <— LIVE!!
- Finesse (Radioactive Tales of Love Book 2) by Nikki Prince <— LIVE!!! HE’S BROUGHT EVERYTHING BACK WITH HIM… “...When you’re on the sand you’re supposed to leave everything there. Unfortunately, I’ve brought it back to Arlington Heights and Lyric Scott’s doorstep. My body reveals all the scars for everyone to see, but the ones on my soul are graver. Will she even look my way? What can I possibly offer her other than to keep the promise I made to her brother, my best friend who I couldn’t bring back? We’re a ready-made family now, how can I walk away?“
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin <— OUR FELLOW READERS ARE LOVING THIS AUTHOR THIS WEEK! Shirley & Michele G both!!
Shirley: I am currently listening to The Escape Room. It is Very Good!! Highly recommend and the narration (male and female) is great!!
SO good!! I have never heard of this Author before. This lady can write! Highly recommend! *And highly recommend on Audible!
Michele G: Yes! I enjoyed The Escape Room too!
- The Night Swim: A Novel by Megan Goldin <— AND HERE IS HER LATEST RELEASE & LOVED AS AN AUDIOBOOK!
Shirley: Looking forward to listening to The Night Swim.
Michele G: Shirley, the audio for The Night Swim is very good. I liked that it is built around a podcast…I always find those lend themselves well to audio for obvious reasons.
Shirley: So excited to start The Night Swim.
- R. RENEE LOVED THESE:
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Kiss My Cupcake by Helena Hunting – August 11th 2020
- Anywhere But Home: A novel by Daniel Speck – August 11th 2020
- How Much I Feel by Marie Force – August 11th 2020
- Any Day Now (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 8) by Lani Lynn Vale – August 11th 2020
- No Offense: A Novel (Little Bridge Island Book 2) by Meg Cabot – August 11th 2020
- Vixen: A Dark Protectors/Rebels Novella by Rebecca Zanetti – August 11th 2020
- Three Women Disappear: with bonus novel Come and Get Us by James Patterson – August 11th 2020
- Say No More (Sacramento Series, The Book 2) by Karen Rose – August 11th 2020
- King of Souls: Nicco and Ari Duet #2 (Verona Legacy) by L.A. Cotton – August 11th 2020
- Hush by BT Urruela & Anne Malcom – August 11th 2020
- Star Daughter by Shveta Thakrar – August 11th 2020
- Better Man (Of Love and Madness Book 4) by Karen Cimms – August 11th 2020
- Holding You Close (Noah & Katie duet Book 2) by Kennedy Fox – August 13th 2020
- The Showdown (The Mythical Universe Book 2) by Alicen Scott – August 15th 2020
- Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy) by A. Jade – August 18th 2020
- A Wicked Song by Lisa Renee Jones – August 18th 2020
- Royal: A Novel by Danielle Steel – August 18th 2020
- From That Moment (Promise Me Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan – August 18th 2020
- The Notorious Virtues by Alwyn Hamilton – August 18th 2020
- Sweet Potato Jones by Jen Lowry – August 18th 2020
- How Much I Care by Marie Force – August 18th 2020
- The Truest Thing: Hart’s Boardwalk #4 by Samantha Young – August 18th 2020
- Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends Book 2) by Sara Ney – August 18th 2020
- The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers Book 3) by Corinne Michaels – August 18th 2020
- Not My Romeo (The Game Changers Book 1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills – August 18th 2020
- Wicked Forever (Wicked Bay Book 8) by L A Cotton – August 19th 2020
- A Guy Walks Into My Bar by Lauren Blakely – August 21st 2020
- Nights at Westwood (The Academy Boys Book 1) by Chloe Walsh – August 23rd 2020
- The Wife’s House: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller by Arianne Richmonde – August 24th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).