<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! MARIANA ZAPATA ALERT!! HER LATEST IS LIVE!!! And I LOVE this author!!! The Best Thing <— EEEEEP!! 😀 And it’s already #2 on all of Amazon Kindle!!! HOLY. MOLY.
Plus, we found a bunch of books (new and sales and recommendations) and we’ll be adding more as we find ’em. 😀 P.S. Caroline has been on a role this week. She helped find us a ton of goodies (that she’s loving!!)
While you’re here, check out all of my Mariana Zapata reviews (she’s one of my ALL-TIME FAVS!!!):
- Book Review – Under Locke by Mariana Zapata (4 stars)
- Book Review – Kulti by Mariana Zapata (4.5 stars )
- Book Review – Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata – 4 stars
- Book Review – The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata – 5 stars
- Book Review – Wait for It by Mariana Zapata – 5 stars
- Book Review – Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata – 3.75 stars
- Also, in case you missed it (and you like super-steam) check out: Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite M/M/F Romance Books <— That’s our latest “reader requested” genre list. 😉
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA’S LATEST IS LIVE!! “Some things are easily forgiven. Other things… not so much. Lenny DeMaio made herself a promise: she was done. Done thinking about him. Done worrying about him. Done reaching out to a man who clearly didn’t want to be found. Too bad no one gave Jonah Collins the memo.”
- Love at First Sight (Southern Bride Book 1) by Kelly Elliott <— LIVE!! KELLY ELLIOTT ALERT!!
- Blood Orange by Harriet Tyce <— PSYCH-THRILLER AMY RECOMMENDATION ALERT!! And oh boy am I on alert right now!! Eeeeep!!! She’s my book twin so I know i’ll be into it!
Amy: This one…THIS ONE! I’m loving it. LOVING it. The h is a hot freaking mess, and I’m relishing the anxiety it’s causing me with not knowing where this is heading. It’s reminiscent of Hausfrau…I’ve been wanting one like this for a long while! 😀
Nay: Sounds great, Amy! I just put it on my tbr.
Maryse: Ohhhh yeahhhhh that’s TOTALLY my thing… *claps with glee* P.S. I five-starred Hausfrau and here’s my Book Review (if anyone missed it)
Amy: I finished Blood Orange and can say I definitely recommend it. It’s not a Marmy so it’s safe for everyone (unless infidelity on the h’s part completely repulses you), and it has a good amount of anxiety-inducing situations.
I honestly had no idea how it would end, and I’m SO glad I didn’t read spoilers. When I hit the last part I was freaking out a bit and loved every second of it! It was no Hausfrau, but it gave me a mini Hausfrau fix.
- Beauty Mark by Stephie Walls <— NANCY & GREY LOVED IT! Nancy found us this deal!
Nancy: BEAUTY MARK by Stephie Walls has a new cover & writing overhaul. On sale for limited time, plus KU!
Grey: I read an ARC of this one, and it was a definite 4.5 star read – a lot different than the insta-connections and ooey gooey love stories that a lot of us are gorged out on right now…and that cover, it’s one of my very favorite book covers ever. Such depth in character development…even though I wanted to smack some people at times, it was just really well written and I loved it.
- Guts & Glory: Ryder (In the Shadows Security Book 2) by Jeanne St. James <— NANCY LOVED THIS ONE TOO!
Nancy: This book came out Saturday. A strange day for a release, but I read an ARC & it was so good. Can be read as a standalone! I Pre-orderedmyself a copy, too!
- Black Sheep Bounty Hunter (Texas Bounty 6): A Texas Bounty Novel by Jackie Ashenden <— LIVE!!! TOUGH AS NAILS YET PRIM & PROPER BUT now she needs his help… “...Lily Hammond, AKA Duchess, owner of Duchess Bail Bonds, is the toughest woman around. Yet when a blackmailer proves even tougher than she is, she’ll have to swallow her pride and get help from her biggest rival. The one man who gets beneath her cool exterior and makes her burn with rage…and desire…”
- Forever Yours (Ridgewater High Romance) by Judy Corry <— LIVE!!! HE CHALLENGES HIM WITH A BET... “…When Jace moves back to Ridgewater, he only has two goals: fit in with his old friends and make sure Trey never finds out that he kissed Alyssa the night before he moved away. But when he discovers that Trey might be cheating on Alyssa, he wonders if those goals are worth having anymore. Soon, Jace confronts his friend and accidentally lets his true feelings slip. To his surprise, Trey challenges him with a bet...”
- MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings Shorts #3 by Bink Cummings <— LIVE!!!
- Staying For You (All For You Book 3) by Jennifer Van Wyk <— LIVE!!!
- The Heat of the Dragon’s Heart: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Fantasy Romance (Harem of Fire Book 2) by Willa Hart <— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM ALERT!!
- Bareknuckle Bastards Series by Sarah MacLean <— HOT HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! Caroline recommends them, but has a warning… 😉
Caroline: If you like edgier historicals, this series is good. Book two was just released. This is not the typical Regency romances; you’ll need to fan yourselves for these bad/good guys…
Maryse: Hey!!! I have book #1!! YAY ME!! I remember another Historical romance author that had some super-steamy books… *ooooof* *fans self* Mary Wine, I think? Yep. *waggles eyebrows*
- Hell Ryders MC by J.L. Sheppard <— SUPER-BARGAIN BIKER SERIES ALERT!! J.L. Sheppard just notified me about her big sale!
J.L. Sheppard: In honor of Riding Hard (Hell Ryders MC Book 4)’s upcoming release, the Hell Ryders MC Series is on sale… It’s your chance to purchase the series for under $3. (Sale is on Amazon, B&N, and ITunes.)
- The Escape Room: A Novel by Megan Goldin <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT AND OMG!!!!! MINE!!!!!!!!! Just check out the reviews… insane!!! 😬 This makes me wanna squirrel so hard!!I don’t know how I missed it on release day (I’m shocked because this is TOTALLY my thing) but I’m starting it tonight. Looks like it will keep me on the edge of my seat and give me panic attacks!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!! 😁 YAY ME!!!
- Willing Her to Love Me by Avery West <— LIVE!! HE’S LOVED HER SINCE HIGH SCHOOL… “...Luckily for me, her father is an absolutely despicable and willing to auction off his only daughter for a pretty penny from the highest bidder. And, that bidder, just so happens to be one Mark Gallagher with a multi-million dollar vineyard located in the Napa valley. But don’t worry, it won’t be so easy to just drop the money. It won’t make her love me. Even I know that...”
- In Moonlight and Memories: Volume One by Julie Ann Walker <— FREEBIE (for today) ALERT!! And it’s the first book in a completed trilogy!!
Theresa: Just finished all 3 books in Julie Ann Walker’s In Moonlight and Memories. It was beyond an epic read. Has to be one of best I have read in true romance. Author makes you understand and feel the people and history of New Orleans, with a love triangle, secrets, mysteries, loyalties of a true friendship that goes beyond any you have ever read. If you have not thought about reading, it is a must read. Unlike anything author has ever written. Can’t seem to pick up another book because I keep re reading in my mind.
- Summer Nights (Cruel Summer Book 3) by Rachel Van Dyken <— BULLY ROMANCE TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!!! “…The final installment in Marlo and Ray’s story of revenge, love, and the thin line between hate and passion…”
- One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1): A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich <— NOW IN KINDLE UNLIMITED!! Caroline found it for us!!
Caroline: OMG!! Look at what is in kindle unlimited! If anyone is late to read this series, the first book in the Stephanie Plum series is in kindle unlimited. Great way to try it!
Tessa: One for the Money. I liked it and it made me grin. The mystery was obvious. I met the main bad guy and knew the person did it, but that’s just me. I loved Joe.
- Gretchen: A Thriller by Shannon Kirk <— PSYCH-THRILLER THAT I’VE JUST STARTED & NAY finished AND enjoyed it!! YAY ME!! 😀
Nay: I finished Gretchen. That is one strange, wild book! And it got even more wackadoodle as it progressed. I’m still thinking on how I want to rate it. It took a while for the story to get going in an understandable way. It didn’t really drag or anything–it was just kind of confusing.
The last 30-40% was great though. One minute I checked to see how far I was and it said 63%, and then it seemed like no time at all had passed and I was at 93%
- Spawn of Darkness Series by S.A. Parker <— REVERSE HAREM FANS!! Joy recommends this one but made me snort in the process! 😉
Joy: Hi Maryse, please add these to your RH list. They’re a bit dark, but interesting, if you don’t mind the inner conversations that she has with her vajay-jay (lmbo)! S.A. Parker’s Spawn of Darkness Series. Book 1 is A Token’s Worth & book 2 is A Feather’s Worth. Book 3 is to be released on August 31st. The fourth and final book is tbd.
- The Aermian Feuds by Frost Kay <— FANTASY ROMANCE & IT’S GIVING CAROLINE THE FEELS!!
Caroline: Oooo…I think I found a good substitute for my Sarah J Maas fix… this series sounds really good!! Available in kindle unlimited- 4 books in series with book 5 coming soon. It’s giving me the feels!!!
- Black Blade Series by Jennifer Estep <— JENNIFER ESTEP ALERT!! YA PARANORMAL & Caroline also found us this one!!
Caroline: I found kind of a hidden young adult series by Jennifer Estep and the first book is in kindle unlimited. I’m on book two- highly recommend!
- Heir of the Fae (Dragon’s Gift: The Dark Fae Book 2) by Linsey Hall
- Wrecked by Her (Like a Hurricane Duet Book 1) by Kristie Leigh <— LIVE!!!
- UnLucky in Love: A Friends to Lovers Standalone Romance (Hotline Hookup Book 1) by Cary Hart <— LIVE!!!
- Wicked Gods: A Paranormal High School Bully Romance (Gifted Academy Book 1) by Michelle Hercules <— LIVE!!!
- What Comes After by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!!! MELISSA TOPPEN ALERT!! “...Abel isn’t just any man… His past is his prison. His guilt keeps him chained. His grief defines him. And now it’s up to me to set him free. To make him see that life isn’t just about what we’ve lost but what we still stand to gain. Because it’s not about what came before, but what comes after...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- ➔➔ Prime members Audible for 3 months at a super-deal!!!
- Cheryl enjoyed listening to these while she was painting her house… (and OMG she just made me snort so hard!!)!!
Cheryl: I listened to Puck Me Secretly and Home Game by Odette Stone so far with painting. They are the two books before The Penalty Box. Good, funny low angst audio books. Listening to a book certainly helps, but maybe I need to up my game by adding some day drinking!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Blood Truth (Black Dagger Legacy Book 4) by J.R. Ward – August 13th 2019
- Bound (Tangled Web Book 3) by Aleatha Romig – August 13th 2019
- Call Her Mine (Harmony Pointe Book 1) by Melissa Foster – August 13th 2019
- Playing for Keeps (Hot Jocks Book 1) by Kendall Ryan – August 13th 2019
- The Wallflower Wager: Girl Meets Duke by Tessa Dare – August 13th 2019
- Quiet Man: A Dream Man Novella by Kristen Ashley – August 13th 2019
- Then There Was You: A Single Parent Collection – August 13th 2019
- The Sea of Lost Things by Kelly St-Laurent – August 13th 2019
- Hush, Hush by Lucia Franco – August 14th 2019
- Cruel Prince: A High School Bully Romance by Ashley Jade – August 15th 2019
- Riding Hard (Hell Ryders MC Book 4) by J.L. Sheppard – August 19th 2019
- A Lover’s Worth (Spawn of Darkness Book 3) by S.A. Parker – August 31st 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).