<—- FRIDAY AFTERNOON BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! Lookit what just went LIVE!! Homecoming (Dartmoor Series Book 8) by Lauren Gilley
Rae: The Dartmoor Series by Lauren Gilley. It was so well written and I devoured the whole lot one after the other some years ago. If you haven’t read this series grab it.
Linda: The Dartmoor series and all the characters. Loved. What is it about these MC men???? ONLY in books!!! Right??!!
Happy Friday everyone!!! I’m still working on the Friday Finds list (so keep checking back) but so far, so good!! Lots of great recommendations and a few new ones went live too. 😀
Let me know if you have a new favorite (or awesome bargain find) and I’ll add it. 😀
Today’s “blast from my book past” highlights, include a few of my book reviews & a love letter 😉
- 4 years ago today, I 4-star chuckled over The Hating Game by Sally Thorne (<— my review)
- 6 years ago today, I 4-star swooned over this shy guy age gap!! The Wild Side by R.K. Lilley (<— my review)
- 8 years ago today, I wrote a love letter to Travis. LOL!!!!
Lisa M: On a different note Maryse, I am addicted to your latest nail polish Essie Minimally Modest. My nails are looking great. My bestie even bought it on my recommendation!!
Maryse: What I love about it so much is of course, the staying power (shiny and no chips for days), but that it modestly “pinks up” the nails instead of getting that eventual yellowed look. Nails look so healthy!!!! 😀 And YAY!!!! I’m so glad you love it too. It’s my ALWAYS go-to.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Parallel Series, Books 1-4 by Elizabeth O’Roark <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! ONE OF THE MOST FAVORITE SERIES OVER THE LAST YEAR!!!
Maryse: Parallel was a huge hit here on the blog!!
Michele G: I’m trying to get to Parallel too…so many people loved it!
Tasha J: I love a soul mate/love for life trope with suspense and angst too, I need to read Parallel!! It’s sitting on my kindle too, must get to it.
Diana: OMGosh I stayed up so late last night devouring the Parallel duet. (Note to self: don’t start new series right before bed 🙈)
Robyn: Maryse! I finished the first book in the Parallel Duet and can I say holy cannoli! What the heck is going on?! I’m starting the second book today, I can’t wait!
Cheryl: Ok, I just finished the Parallel duet. WOW. JUST. WOW. I have not gotten anything else done that I had planned. Such an interesting premise. I’m just trying to take it all in now. I have some but how was that possible questions…
Ashley: I just finished the new duet by Elizabeth O’Roark and it was amazing! Parallel and Intersect. If anyone is looking for something that is going to completely suck you in – this is it. One of my top reads for the year! I loved loved Waking Olivia and this one has that insane tension/chemistry that I love in books.
- Perfect Strangers by J.T. Geissinger <— WILL LEAVE YOU GASPING!!!! And Angela just discovered it!!
Angela: I’m not sure if I’m out of the loop or everyone is missing this one. It was a sad, emotional, hot, sexy, crazy kinda read. I was shocked and I even cried too. Lol. If you haven’t read J.T. Geissinger Perfect Strangers add it to your list. It’ll suck you in and have you gasping.
Maryse: YES!!!! I LOVED this one. I read it a year ago I think, and went crazy for it. HOW CLEVER!!!!! Here’s my 4.5 STAR review of it. 😀
Daffy: I just read it! It was f* unbelievable!!!!
Summer: One of my all time favorite booksDonna: LOVED IT 🤩
- Of Love and Madness series by Karen Cimms <— INTENSE & ANGSTY ROCK STAR SERIES that just had a new release (series conclusion!!) and Ana loves them!
Ana: I thoroughly recommend the Karen Cimms series. If you like rock stars book they’re some of the best
Teri: That cover “got” me!! <3
Susan: Omg!!! Girls, Gals. Put your big panties on and read this. You will not be disappointed. It’s epic!! I read this last year and it sucked me in soooo good. I read so many books that I had forgotten what this was until I clicked back on it and I’m now re-reading it and almost done with book one. It’s that GOOD!!! You will LOVE it!!! It’s a 5 star series and just like the ones we LOVE!! Trust me Maryse!!
Nay: SOOOOO much angst!
- Holding You Close (Noah & Katie duet Book 2) by Kennedy Fox <— DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! “...a slow burn, angsty second chance romance with lots of small-town, Southern drama. It’s book 2 in the Tyler & Gemma duet and must be read in order…”
- The Enemy: A Forbidden Romance (Haven Grace Prep Book 4) by Kelsey Clayton <— LIVE!!
- The Girl from Vichy: an emotional and gripping historical fiction page turner by Andie Newton <— LIVE!!
- Flameover: An Everyday Heroes World Novel (The Everyday Heroes World) by Esther E. Schmidt <— LIVE!!
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman <— BEV FOUND US THIS SALE!
bev: The Bookish Life of Nina Hill is on sale. …I like it, it is very quotable.
- Sweet and Wild (Winchester Wild Book 1) by Carmen Jenner <— LIVE!! HIS FIANCE LEFT HIM… “…They once shared a love capable of scalding even the most brutal Texas summer, but the ranch is no longer big enough for them both, especially when those old feelings begin to resurface. Lemon is every bit as infuriating as the day he fell in love with her, but Colt knows better than anyone that you can’t rope in Winchester wild. That woman will be the death of him … assuming her brothers don’t kill him first...”
- Spotless (Spotless Series Book 1) by Camilla Monk <— MONY FOUND IT & Jeannie loved it!
Jeannie: Hi Mony, I just finished the Spotless series as well and I loved it! I definitely recommend this one as well. The H is a professional killer with a few OCD issues and the h is a nerdy IT engineer. It was a fun read that was very unpredictable as well.
- The Trouble with Quarterbacks by R.S. Grey <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! LISA M LOVED IT!
Lisa M: Just finished The Trouble with Quarterbacks by R.S. Grey. A recent new release. Loved it!!! I was smiling, laughing, crying!! Love love love HEA’s. All around feel good book!! It reminded me of The Wall of Winnipeg & Me & Hands Down!! Love feel good books!! Oh the weekend is coming up!! At it to your list!! Now I need to check out other books by R.S Grey, I know I have read a few already!!
- Summer Semester (Omega Wolf Academy Book 1) by JJ King <— LIVE!!!
- Shadow Witch (The Witches of Hollow Cove Book 1) by Kim Richardson <— LIVE!!!
- Fake Date by Monica Murphy <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! She works in a lingerie shop, and he needs a fake girlfriend!! “…no one sparks her interest more than Jared Gaines, the ultra-rich, ultra-sexy businessman who frequents her shop, buying delicate little “gifts” for the women in his life. But one day, Jared sends her a gift from Bliss. Then another–and another…”
Michele G: Maryse, I read Fake Date. It’s a fun read! It’s part of a series but you can read them all as standalones. I’ve only read the first three so far (Save the Date, Fake Date and Holidate) and enjoyed all of them.
It reminds me that I need to catch up with that series…I think there are 2 more after those that I haven’t read yet…anyway, I saw it’s on sale…great deal for a good read!
- Jamie Begley <—- BIKER BOOKS!!! LISA LOVES THESE!
Lisa: Love Jamie Begley & how all the series intertwine.
Dalia: My absolute favorite is The Italian Heartthrob by N.J. Adel. An emotional roller coaster with a lot of angst. Ugly cry read and the best of 2020.
- Trust Him (Sin and Innocence Book 1) by Violet Haze <— LIVE!!! THEY BOTH OFFER HER PROTECTION… “…One offers to marry me and give me permanent protection from the one who wants to hurt me. The other is a tempting passion I must ignore despite the pull between us. All three of us have no idea what the future holds… or how far a sick and twisted man will go to get back what is his…”
- Troublemaker by Kayley Loring
- MOB LUST: The Complete Series: A Dark Italian Mafia Romance Box Set By Kristen Luciani <— NANCY FOUND US THIS ONE!!
Nancy: FIVE standalone dark mafia novels in the sexy and suspenseful Mob Lust series plus ONE BONUS dark mafia novella that started it all Unleash the passion of the fiercely ruthless Salesi crime family.
NOW BARGAIN PRICED…!! KU, too!
- Undeniably You by Jewel E Ann <— BLAST FROM MY PAST!! MEGA ANGSTY LOVE-TRIANGLE ALERT!! Exactly 5 years ago today, I fell in love with Jewel E. Ann’s super-angsty stories for the first time when I read and reviewed THIS one! Here’s my review.
Emily: hands down favorite book!
Christen: I just found this one and read it last week. I almost gave up when it revealed *spoiler spoiler spoiler*. I assumed the other *spoiler* *spoiler*, so glad I didn’t give up on it! Any other good love triangles?
Maryse: Hi Christen! You bet!! Have you tried this one?? It worked us over SO bad. It will infuriate you at times, too. K.A. Linde – Avoiding Series Reading Order
Yafit: I love everything she writes! You never know what you’re going to get. Far from predictable and always enjoyable
Maryse: TOTALLY agree!! She explores all sorts of human issues and love and pain… I LOVE that she’ll go there.
Erica: Ohhh that was the BEST! Loved that book and love Jewel E. Ann!
- Best Kept Secrets by Kandi Steiner <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! Mona’s favorite (and a recommendation for Christen)!!
Mona: One of my favorite love triangle series is Best Kept Secrets by Kandi Steiner (KU also).
- Avoiding Series by K.A. Linde <—- BLAST FROM THE PAST LOVE TRIANGLE ANGST TO THE MAX!!! Here you go, Christen! You asked for another good love triangle series, and this one will work you over HARD!!! 😉
Nancy: I had a flash from the past today that I want to share with you! Back in June of 2012, you were into reading the Avoiding Commitment & Avoiding Responsibility by an unpublished author craziebabe45?? I still have my Doc copies. I also have all 4 Kindle copies by K.A. Linde. How could we ever forget how Jack drove us crazy???
Maryse: LOL I never forgot!! But it’s so fun remembering this all started on a fan fiction page I think. GAH!!!
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- The Last Anniversary: A Novel by Liane Moriarty <— THE AUDIOBOOK JUST WENT LIVE a couple of weeks ago!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Showdown (The Mythical Universe Book 2) by Alicen Scott – August 15th 2020
- How Much I Care by Marie Force – August 18th 2020
- Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy) by A. Jade – August 18th 2020
- A Wicked Song by Lisa Renee Jones – August 18th 2020
- Royal: A Novel by Danielle Steel – August 18th 2020
- From That Moment (Promise Me Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan – August 18th 2020
- The Notorious Virtues by Alwyn Hamilton – August 18th 2020
- Sweet Potato Jones by Jen Lowry – August 18th 2020
- The Truest Thing: Hart’s Boardwalk #4 by Samantha Young – August 18th 2020
- Hard Fall (Trophy Boyfriends Book 2) by Sara Ney – August 18th 2020
- The One for Me (The Arrowood Brothers Book 3) by Corinne Michaels – August 18th 2020
- Not My Romeo (The Game Changers Book 1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills – August 18th 2020
- Wicked Forever (Wicked Bay Book 8) by L A Cotton – August 19th 2020
- A Guy Walks Into My Bar by Lauren Blakely – August 21st 2020
- Nights at Westwood (The Academy Boys Book 1) by Chloe Walsh – August 23rd 2020
- The Wife’s House: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller by Arianne Richmonde – August 24th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).