Another AMAZING FRIDAY & FRIDAY FINDS DAY because HOLY MOLY this list is almost as big as the Tuesday new release lists!! 50+ books ’cause we have a bunch of new releases, but this list is extra-amazing ’cause it’s comprised mostly of enthusiastic (and I mean OMG HAPPY!!) reader recommendations. YAY!! I love those so much. Tried and true. 😉 We are on a reading roll!!!
Plus a fantastic giveaway by an author that I went crazy for back in my early indie days, and OMG I just got a HUGE blurb jolt off of this one. She’s sponsoring today’s newsletter, put her book on super-bargain sale and is giving away a signed copy right here ➔ Five Fun Facts about Ginger Voight’s “Glitter on the Web” + a giveaway!! And, it’s on super-sale!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin Book 1) by Willow Aster <— LIVE!! WILLOW ASTER ALERT!!! GASPPP!!! I can’t quite tell from the blurb what it’s going to be other, other than *I think* it’s an arranged marriage and will be tumultuous!!! “…A wife was never something he wanted.Torturous was not a strong enough word to describe how I felt when I was in a room with Luka. Besides hating nearly every word that came out of his mouth, I also drowned with lust every time I looked at him. At times I thought he might feel the same.But nothing prepared me for what his family would make me become...”
Lauren: Super bargain priced too!! I 1-clicked this morning, can’t wait to start reading!
Amy: This sounds good!!
Maryse: I love this author!!
- Forbidden (Farrellton Foster Family Book 3) by Renee Dahlia <— LIVE!! “…Love between foster siblings should be forbidden… unless you’ve never met until now…”
- Glitter on the Web by Ginger Voight <— BLURB JOLT ALERT & IT’S SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!!! Oh yessss this is totally my thing (rock star is a total jerk in real life – opposite of his “image” & his ex tells the press the truth and now our curvy heroine is hired to be his girlfriend…) YES PLEASE!! “...all his faithful groupies want desperately to believe every word he sings, like he’s not another run-of-the-mill superficial jerk. One little wrinkle. He totally is. After a vindictive ex goes public that he secretly hates fat chicks, Eli must find a full-figured decoy pronto. Obviously the only way to save his rocketing career before it collapses under the weight of one lie is telling an even bigger one. Enter voluptuous Carly Reynolds, his agent’s assistant, who knows what kind of arrogant fake he is and can’t stand him as a result. Still, a girl’s gotta eat, and it’s not every day you get a million bucks for telling one teeny tiny fib…” P.S. Enter for a signed copy and check this post out for the awesome tidbits!! ➔ Five Fun Facts about Ginger Voight’s “Glitter on the Web” + a giveaway!! And, it’s on super-sale!
Paula: Glitter on the web would have been 5* with an epilogue but then I see Ginger has said there is going to be another one!! Yippee!
Maryse: Yep!! And they are now out, too!! 😀
- Mr. Marshall’s Method by Tessa York <— LIVE!! FORBIDDENY STUDENT-TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT!! Nancy found it for us. 😀 “...Evan Marshall is more than my teacher. He’s everything: Smart, witty, insightful, And incredibly sexy. The more I see him, The more he touches me, The more I want…”
- I Knead You Tonight (Slice Book 2) by Teagan Hunter <— LIVE!! SINGLE MOM W/ A BABY & THEY HATE EACH OTHER…
- Hunted: A Reverse Harem Shifter Romance (The Feral Souls Trilogy – Book 1) by Erica Woods <— LIVE!!
- Stealing the Bride by Nadia Lee <— LIVE!!
- The Second We Met: An enemies-to-lovers romance by Maya Hughes <— LIVE!! SHE HATES HER FOOTBALL STAR NEIGHBOR ALERT!! “...Had I known Phoenix “Nix” Russo would’ve been the neighbor from hell, I’d have told him right where he could shove my words. Nix is the big man on campus with everyone lined up at his games to make sure he knows it. Sure, he’s got piercing blue eyes, abs that don’t quit and a smile that could set fire to a set of panties from a hundred yards away, but he’s also the biggest pain in my ass…”
- A Jar Full of Light (Aveline Book 2) by Rae Walsh <— LIVE!!
- Reawakened (The Unexpected Series Book 3) by S.E. Roberts <— LIVE!!
- Don’t Make Me Beautiful by Elle Casey <— ABUSED & DISFIGURED WOMAN IN HIDING SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT (and I just one-clicked it SO HARD!! This is TOTALLY for me) “...At twenty-two, Nicole doesn’t even look human anymore. The beast made sure of that. So she hides. A monster, consigned to a life of fear and solitude. This is all she deserves, she is quite sure of that. And then one day out of the blue, the autographed baseball caught by Brian Jensen at the latest Marlins game enters her prison and manages to turn her world completely upside down...” This was the book for one of our reader questions AND is a “What to Read After “It Ends With Us” suggestion and OMG it sounds heartbreaking and amazing…
Pam: I already have it. It’s an amazing read.
- Delicate Promises (Southern Bride Book 2) by Kelly Elliott <— LIVE!! KELLY ELLIOTT ALERT!! The made a marriage pact when they were younger… “…The fact that Miles is still unmarried and single baffles me. The young man I remembered from high school has grown into one of the most handsome men I’ve ever laid eyes on. And he refuses to take no for an answer. You see, he needs a bride, and I’m his last resort. Romantic, isn’t it? Well, no thank you. That is not going to happen...”
- Gaia Awakened (The Goddess Codex Book 1) by Cassie Thorne <— LIVE!!
- Lust (The Elite Seven Book 1) by Ker Dukey <— KER DUKEY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! She’s forbidden… “…being sinful is in my DNA. The only obstacle to full initiation is my task: seduce the un-seducible, the forbidden, and lure her with the sins of the flesh. Easy for a man like me…in theory. She started as my task, but what happens when the lines between lust and love blur...”
- Beastly: Furry Tale Shifters by Nicky Fox <— LIVE!!
- The Mermaid and The Bear by Ailish Sinclair <— LIVE!! HISTORICAL ROMANCE!!
- Her High School Crush (One Sultry Summer Book 3) by Lori Wilde <— LIVE!!
- Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians series Book 1) by Dianne Duvall <— Melissa HIGHLY RECOMMENDS this series!
Melissa: Just wondering if you have ever read Dianne Duvall’s Immortal Guardian series? Oh my gosh so good. This is book one You will love it!!
- What We Do in the Light (Day to Night Book 2) by Stylo Fantome <— LIVE!! STYLO FANTOME’S LATEST!! “…Just one month ago, Valentine O’Dell got her heart ripped out – yet another problem to add to her rapidly growing list. Between fighting to bring her sick grandmother home, searching for a new apartment after being evicted, and trying to figure out how exactly she’s going to pay for everything, she doesn’t have time to cry over a broken heart. Then Ari Sharapov walks back in and tries to solve everything…”
- The Pledge: Mafia Vows by SR Jones <— LIVE!!
- Like Storms (Vikings Book 2) by Catherine Lievens <— LIVE!!
- Broken (South Side Boys) by Alexis Winter <— LIVE!!
- Amber Sky by Cassia Leo <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! HE HELPED HER AFTER SHE CRASHED HER CAR… Oooooh this sounds so gooooood!!! “…A devastating car crash leaves Cassidy O’Connor stranded in rural Pennsylvania. Her only company is Walker Ainsley, the ruggedly handsome man who saved her from the wreckage and took her into his home. But when her ride back to town arrives after the crash, Cassidy can’t bring herself to leave Walker behind. She is determined to convince him to go back to town with her, until she begins to wonder if she actually survived the crash that brought them together...”
- Bylines & Blue Lines (Fast Ice Book 1) by Stephanie Julian <— LIVE!!
- Madman’s Cure (Madman Duet Book 2) by V.F. Mason <— LIVE!!
- Wolf Bound (Lunar Academy, Year One Book 3) by Alyssa Rose Ivy and Jennifer Snyder <— LIVE!!
- Branded (Demon’s Mark Book 1) by Nora Ash <— LIVE!! SHE’S TRAPPED BY A DEMON… “…Trapped by a demon whose singular desire is to possess her, body and soul, Selma’s only hope for freedom is to submit to his grueling pleasures…”
- Magic Sleeps by Cherie Smith <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!! Keri took a chance on it & recommends it!
Keri: Hi Maryse! I have been an avid follower for about 3 years and love getting my next read ideas from your Friday Finds!
I’d like to suggest a book for any fantasy/paranormal lovers….Magic Sleeps by Cherie Smith. I just finished and loved this book!! She is a new author but had all 5 star reviews so I took a chance and was very impressed!!
- The Stand-in by Lauren Campbell <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT & KAT 5-STAR LOVED IT!
Kat: Maryse! Check out the stand-in by Lauren Campbell … it’s so witty. I loved it. Just finished this, 5 witty stars!
Kelly: This was a fantastic read!!! Such a unique book. I seriously couldn’t put it down and devoured every page. It’s in KU too!! 🐳💛
Kat: Kelly agree! It was so freaking good. Witty and had those little twist I didn’t even suspect
Kelly: Kat Robin yes!! That’s “devious” Lauren Campbell for you. Always had something twisted to throw at you. Have you read her Ivy series? (I also had “This is the song that never ends” in my head on repeat for days 😂)
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Not romance, but super uplifting and I LOVE it! It’s very heartfelt, peaceful and so logical. “…The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love...”
- WALKER (The Men of Whiskey Mountain Book 1) by Frankie Love
- Lamia’s Blood: A Reverse Harem Romance (Monsters and Gargoyles Book 5) by Lacey Carter Andersen <— LIVE!!
- Ashes & Embers Series Collection (Books 1 to 4) by Carian Cole <—4 BOOK SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Nancy found us this deal!! 😀
Nancy: One of my favorite series: ASHES & EMBERS COLLECTION
Kathy: I have read all of her books. I loved her Ashes and Embers Series.
Steph N: I love Carian Cole and devoured her books when I first found her.
- Petal Plucker: A Steamy Romantic Comedy by Iris Moreland <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! And that title has me!! “…The boy I once loved. The same boy who humiliated me when he stood me up for prom. This Jacob is no boy, though: he’s all man now—confident, charming, and so sexy my metaphorical blossoms are getting scorched. I can almost forget I’m supposed to hate him forever. Almost. To make things worse, he’s my main competition now, since he took over his parents’ flower shop…”
- Copper: A Romantic Suspense Novel (Blackwood Elements Book 7) by Elise Noble <— LIVE!!
- Wild Ride (South Florida Riders Book 1) by Breezie Bennett <— LIVE!!
- Beyond Measure: A Dark Bratva Romance (Ruthless Doms) by Jane Henry <— LIVE!! RUSSIAN MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! She’s scarred and ruined & forced to marry him sight unseen... “...I’m the girl no one wants. Scarred beyond repair and locked away, I’m tainted and tarnished. Unworthy of friendship, love, or hope. But I was born into Bratva life, and my life is not my own. I’m ripped from my home and forced to marry a man I’ve never met, sight unseen...”
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett <— RECENT RELEASE & MICHELE G IS RAVING ABOUT THIS ONE!!
Michele G: While I’m raving with tons of exclamation points, I have to tell you all that I finished reading The Grace Year by Kim Liggett last night…wow! It was awesome! It was a different read for sure and kind of hard to explain but absolutely fantastic. I know at some point I will have to read it again because there was so much going on that I feel like I may have missed things along the way.
…I highly recommend it. It’s been described as Handmaid’s Tale meets Lord of the Flies and Hunger Games…I can see the comparisons but it definitely is it’s own story. Definitely on my favorites list for the year!
Tasha J: Yes!! I was really looking forward to this one, glad it scored high points. I’ve never watched The Handmaid’s Tale (or read) or Lord of the Flies so I can’t wait to jump in and see what else I may enjoy.
Maryse: I’m adding it to this week’s Friday Finds!! This sounds AMAZING!! I’ve watched The Handmaid’s Tale and I’ve read Lord of the Flies & Hunger Games (and loved ALL) so big huge SQUEE from me on this!! *claps*
Ella: That was epic and awesome and great and I can go on. Such a great reminder of the Hunger Games yet nothing like it so I will not compare, I just love something different! The h is awesome sauce and the witch deserved what she got! WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?
- The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste <— AWESOME SOUNDING HORROR ALERT!! Tasha J was in the mood for scary (as am I!!! I love horror and especially during October!! 😀 ) and she was trying to select from these (and she made a choice and has some early feedback)!!
Tasha J: Results of my hunt- based off ‘What to read after’ from FantasticLand: A Novel, since I thought that was a big help to me, after reading blurbs, pretty good ratings….
- The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste,
- Kill Creek by Scott Thomas,
- In The River by Jeremy Robert Johnson, or
- In the Valley of the Sun: A Novel by Andy Davidson.
I want to pick one to try, but which to choose?? I should just finish Year One, continue my roll, but the squirrel is strong. Not even mentioning my “short list” from earlier this week. 🤦♀️ Must stop looking!!
…I’ve started The Rust Maidens, in between my eyes drifting in and out during nap time. I’m really loving the writing and story, so far, VERY early in, but I’m there, I feel the character and that’s the best in books.
- Serenading Heartbreak by Ella Fields <— SLUMP-BREAKER ALERT!! ANGSTY ROCK STAR LOVE TRIANGLE & it’s BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Liz loved it!!
Liz: Serenading Heartbreak fantastic book, I was in a slump for two weeks and It brought me out of it. Cannot recommend it enough. Angsty, love triangle, rockstar.
Sharon F: I just finished Serenading Heartbreak by Ella Fields and it was really good! Nice and angsty and I really felt for all three characters. It felt a little slow at first, but I blame that on my reread of the Carnage series (even better the second time). Not too far in, I couldn’t put it down. There wasn’t a true cliff-hanger, but I need more and I can’t say more without giving the ending away. What’s wrong with me that I love an angsty triangle? I give it 5 stars for angst, and 4 overall.
- Bully Me Once (Invern Elite Prep School Book 1) by Moira Barretti <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! Maria gave it a chance and LOVED IT!!! P.S. Book #2 is already up for preorder. 😀
After giving it much thought (because there weren’t many reviews on Goodreads and I couldn’t find anything about the author) I finally gave Bully Me Once by Moira Barretti a try, and what can I say? IT IS AMAAAAAZING!!!!!
It should definitely be on the list for this week’s reads!!! The build-up, the slow burn, the tension and HOLY SH*T… WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!!!
- Good Boy (Wags Book 1) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy <—COMEDY ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN ONE CLICK ALERT!!! Two AWESOME authors and it’s super-bargain priced, and if you get the ebook, the audiobook is super-bargain priced too!! 😀 I one clicked both.
Teri: These two authors are an unbeatable combo. 😍
Leslie M: I can’t stop crying in Good Boy. Crazy right?? I feel like I am at the wedding and weddings make me weepy.
…I really liked Good Boy! 4**** and Blake was awesome.
- Fast Lane by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ROCK STAR RECENT RELEASE & we have short & sweet feedback! Also, it’s done in interview style!!
Kathy: Loved it!!
Kim: OMG! I can’t stop thinking about this book! I loved it! I immediately ordered the paperback once I finished reading it❤️❤️❤️
- The Stopover (The Miles High Club) by T.L. Swan <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Jennifer LOVED it!
Jennifer: The Stopover by TL Swan and it’s funny and SEXY as all bloody H word!
…Just finished The Stopover….it was so dang good! The banter and straight up ruthless fights between the couple was AWESOME…I would go from laughing to tearing up. It was so intense! I loved every minute of it and think it’s for sure a must read!
- Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers Book 1) by J.A. Redmerski <— THE WHOLE SERIES IS STILL SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED & Meagan just finished book #1 and LOVED IT!!!!!
Meagan: Maryse it was sooo good I just finished and now I am destroyed I can’t wait to read the rest but I sure hope they match together!! 😭😭
- The Guy on the Right by Kate Stewart <— LOOKING FOR A SLOW BURN COMEDY ROMANCE? Priscilla enjoyed this one (and I LOVE this author so I know it’s a sure bet)!
Priscilla: The guy on the right was a pretty cool RomCom, slow burn
JR: The best I’ve read this year is The Guy on the Right. It’s a slow burn but enjoyable.
- Perfectly Adequate by Jewel E. Ann <— JEWEL E ANN’S LATEST COMEDY ROMANCE & it’s back on the list ’cause Mary Ann LOVED it!
Mary Ann: Maryse I just finished reading Perfectly Adequate by Jewel E Ann and OMG I LOVE IT!!! I was expecting myself to laugh because of the emu on the cover. But I wasn’t expecting myself to cry. The hero is just a very very good guy. The heroine is simply superhero Dorfee!!!
- Over Ruled (On the Wild Side Book 2) by Lizabeth Scott <— LIVE!!
- Mastering Her Curves: A Curvy Girl Romance by Piper Sullivan <— LIVE!!
- Phoenix Academy: Reborn (Phoenix Academy First Years Book 4) by Lucy Auburn <— LIVE!!
- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead <— SUPER-BARGAIN SALE IS STILL ON!! OMG OMG OMG BEST DEAL EVER!!!! 😬😁 One of my favorite series in the whole wide world, and EVERY BOOK is super-bargain priced right now!!!!! GO GO GO!!!! SQUEEEEE!!! P.S. I’ve devoured and reviewed each one (they just keep getting better) but for now, here’s my Book Review of book #1.
Carol: My favorite! I was obsessed with it. Might need to reread as it has been years.
Maryse: Don’t you still remember ALL the feels with this series? I was on the edge of my seat, freaking out, devouring one after the next, butterflies, in my stomach… it was my absolute PERFECTION.
Carol: I almost couldn’t sleep waiting for the last book. Rose is one my top five heroines.
Lisa: I love this series. It would make a great TV show.
Nadia: One of my favorites series ever ❤️
Maryse: I still remember every single thing about it!!!! That series left its mark on me for sure.
Amy: My favorite series of all time!
- The Brave Line by Kate Stewart <—- UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!!! OMG I 4.5 STAR LOVED this one (here’s my Book Review), and Shawna brought it back to the forefront:
Shawna: You need to read The Brave Line by Kate Stewart. It’s one of my favorites and I reread it every time I get in a book funk. I love this book!!! It’s a love story between an alpha male, brooding, Police Seargent and a 911 dispatch operator . She’s liked him for 2 years, but he won’t give her the time of day because they work together.
Every night, she sends him into dangerous situations over the radio, and can’t help but love him from a far. He is aware of how she feels, but won’t cross that line, until one day he does. They each have a past they are trying to overcome and once they give in with no-strings-attached intimacy, they can’t stop each other until the past catches up to them.
The book is about unrequited love, overcoming tragedy, falling in love and you’ll love the characters! He’s bossy, and a total take-charge kind of guy, and dirty…She is funny, witty and has a huge heart (which is why she does the job she does), but also is one to be reckoned with, can totally hold her own. Enjoy!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- Heat Wave by Karina Halle <— HER DEAD SISTER’S HUSBAND ALERT!! Guess what I started this morning though? AN AUDIOBOOK!!! ME!!!
Maryse: YOU GUYS!!! I’m listening to it!!! And I’m totally feeling it (seeing the scenes, the descriptions and interactions in my head as it’s being narrated). INCREDIBLE!! I love the narrator except when she does the male voice (AND his Australian accent). It’s hard to understand her when she squinches her voice like that. *sigh* Still though, I love her “heroine” voice. She’s good.
Leslie M: *happy dance* I LOVE Heat Wave!!! Great story and I felt like I was in Hawaii. I’m also so happy you are getting used to audiobooks. They will change you life. 🙂
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Half Truths (Secret Society Book 1) by Claire Contreras – October 21st 2019
- Veiled Vixen: Sci-Fi Alien Romance (Harem Station Book 6) by J.A. Huss – October 21st 2019
- The Domina (Ascension Book 5) by K.A. Linde – October 22nd 2019
- Heartsong (Green Creek Book 3) by TJ Klune – October 22nd 2019
- Shelter for Penelope (Badge of Honor: Texas Heroes Book 15) by Susan Stoker – October 22nd 2019
- Famous by Marie Force – October 22nd 2019
- Beautifully Broken Spirit (The Sutter Lake Series Book 3) by Catherine Cowles – October 22nd 2019
- Moonlighter by Sarina Bowen – October 22nd 2019
- Protected in Darkness (Misplaced Halos Book 1) by Nicole Edwards – October 22nd 2019
- Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren – October 22nd 2019
- The Sinclair Heir (The Feud Series Book 2) by Eliot Scott – October 24th 2019
- Devastated (Anger Management Book 1) by R.L. Mathewson – October 25th 2019
- Confessions: Bailey (Confessions Series Book 6) by Ella Frank – October 28th 2019
- Shadows: A Bayou Magic Novel by Kristen Proby – October 29th 2019
- Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock Book 13) by Faith Hunter – October 29th 2019
- White Lies (Lost Kings MC Book 15) by Autumn Jones Lake – October 29th 2019
- Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy Book 1) by Devney Perry – October 19th 2019
- Overnight Service (Always Satisfied Book 3) by Lauren Blakely – October 30th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).