<— Happy Friday everyone!!! IT’S LIVE 😀 plus a bunch more too!! AND recommendations!! NOTE: If you want to get to the “Friday Finds” quick, just scroll down until you see “Take a look at what we found for the weekend”. But in the meantime…
Friday’s Fun Fact about… Taking Chances (Taking Chances Series Book 1).Remember that one?? Of course you do. 😉 Molly McAdams just regaled us with this fun fact about her book cover! She says (and you can see the image comparison here):
Molly McAdams: I always, always love seeing pictures that remind readers of Taking Chances. It seriously puts a smile on my face knowing a picture can trigger memories of that book.
But the one that always cracks me up is this one. I often get it with something along the lines of: “IT LOOKS JUST LIKE TAKING CHANCES! Are they copying it?”
Well . . . the short answer is: No.
This was actually the stock photo Stephanie Mooney transformed into the cover we know and love as Taking Chances!
Isn’t that incredible?
Do you find yourself thinking about stories long after you’ve read them, or do you put them out of mind once you finish them?
VERY COOL FUN FACT!!! And it was a book that did a number on so many of us!!
Dena: I think the best book for what I didn’t see coming was Taking Chances by Molly McAdams. I had no idea that she could do that to her characters, I think it devastated me more than the author. It was a really great book and I remember it 6 years later.
Tasha J: Ok, I was racking my brain trying to think of the biggest jaw dropping moment in any of the thrillers I’ve read and then I remembered my biggest shock of all… when I first started getting back into reading, honestly I think this was like the 4th book I’d read, and I was so into it and then BAM!! Jaw dropped, lost my breath, continually flipped back and forth saying ‘Omg! No way, is this a joke?!’ And proceeded with my first and maybe only “ugly cry”. Lol And that was Taking Chances by Molly McAdams.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Devastated (Anger Management Book 1) by R.L. Mathewson <— IT’S LIVE!!! R.L. MATHEWSON’S LATEST AND I READ IT & LOVED IT!! Had me grinning and giggling the whole way through. Pure R.L. Mathewson for sure!! P.S. Here’s my review.
Rochelle: I already have it preordered and can’t wait for Friday!
Macaela: I love this author. Can’t wait
Jan: I’ve never read anything by RL Mathewson, so I might try that new one when it comes out.
Maryse: She’s fantastic. Funny and witty but nothing too over-the-top or dirty, ya know? Totally my kind of humor when I’m in the mood for comedy romance.
- Grip Series by Kennedy Ryan <— LUCKY LOVED IT LIKE CRAZY!! Seriously… and so did Val, Andrea & Whitney!!
Lucky: Ever read one of those books that got you thinking about the world or about things that you have never really cared about but they are there?¿?? Then do yourself a huge favor put down the book you’re reading and start Grip asap. I had to put it down, collect my emotions, tell everyone am okay before resuming again …Just read it and for your info, GRIP IS MINE.
Val: One if my most favorite love stories and does a great job introducing and talking about some social justice issues for people of color we all need to be talking about.
Andrea: OMG this series is SO GOOD!!! I rarely cry at books and I UGLY cried at this one in the best of ways. It’s my favorite by her!!!
Whitney: This series was epic 🙌🏼❤️
Gail: We need “Bruise” to be a REAL song !! 🎶🎵♥️🎵🎶
- Just Ten Seconds by Jeannine Colette <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! LOVE AFTER LOSS…
Michele G: I absolutely adored Just Ten Seconds! 5 star read for me! I don’t know how she does it but Jeannine Colette always seems to write the perfect swoony man and Dean Delgado is no exception.
Do yourself a favor and jump into this one without reading a lot of reviews…the less you know, the better!
- Forsaken by Night (Moonbound Clan Vampires Book 3) by Larissa Ione <— LARISSA IONE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! OOPS!! SHE’S STUCK AS A WOLF!! “…After accidentally shifting into a wolf—and getting stuck—Tehya, herself a vampire, has spent the last twelve years as the pet of Lobo, another vampire who has the unique gift of communicating with wolves...” Caroline found us this one!!
- The Sinclair Heir (The Feud Series Book 2) by Eliot Scott —-> Anne Eliot & Ginger Scott <— LIVE!!! THEIR FAMILIES ARE AT WAR ALERT!! “…At first, we were just kids falling in love. We didn’t know about the generations-old feud between the Wallaces and the Sinclairs. I also couldn’t imagine Jojo’s destruction had been planned by my father when we were babies. To Father, the feud came first. I was simply bred to participate. My love for Jojo became his weapon, and to keep Jojo alive, I became the perfect son. I never thought Jojo would come back after Father’s death...”
- Stay With Me: A High School Bully Romance (Diamond In The Rough Book 3) by Rebel Hart <— LIVE!!!
- Asshole Husband by Sam Crescent <— LIVE & GASP!!! THAT TITLE!!! HE lied and manipulate her & she wants a divorce!! “…Now she is back, demanding a divorce. Gone is his sweet, placid wife, and in her place is a woman fighting for her freedom from his name. He won’t give it to her. She will remain his wife…”
- Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren <— RECENT RELESE & Harper LOVED it too!
Harper: I read twice in a blue moon too and really liked it. I like everything Christina Lauren writes. Her characters tend to be mature and know how to communicate. Thats what really attracts me to them.
Its really rare with the new books in contemporary romance that the H and h don’t linger in miscommunication and resolve their problems in a reasonable way and time frame. I love the character development as well.
- Rock Star Romance Ultimate: Volume 1 (An Exclusive Collection) <— ROCK STAR ANTHOLOGY ALERT!! Volume 1 AND Volume 2 (just below) just went LIVE (so many of our VERY FAVORITE authors are in here) and they’re super-bargain priced too! “...The Rock Star Romance Ultimate is an exclusive collection of rock star romances by New York Times, USA Today, and other bestselling rock star romance authors. Each volume has over a thousand pages. All of the digital proceeds from both volumes of the anthology will go to the North Texas Food Bank...”
- Rock Star Romance Ultimate: Volume 2 (An Exclusive Collection) <— LIVE!!! And here is VOLUME 2!!
- Clash (Gentry Generations) by Cora Brent <— LIVE!!!SHE LOST EVERYTHING AND IS LIVING IN HER CAR... “…When I finally hit rock bottom I fall into the arms of an unlikely savior. Kellan Gentry. Brash and arrogant. Prince of the party scene. Notorious flirt. The kind of guy who would break your heart with a shrug. Falling for him makes no sense...”
- I Can’t Trust You by Roxy Gray <— LIVE!! HER BULLY IS NOW HER NEW ROOMMATE!!! “…Ivy Woods is ready to have an amazing semester on campus with her best friend Violet at her side. The last thing she expects is an unwanted reunion with the boy who tormented her years ago: troublemaker and heart breaker Jasper Blake. He’s just been assigned as their new roommate…”
- The Business of Blood by Kerrigan Byrne <— LIVE!! KERRIGAN BYRNE’S LATEST HISTORICAL!! She’s searching for Jack the Ripper!! “…Dying is the only thing people do with any regularity, and Fiona makes her indecorous living cleaning up after the corpses are carted away. Her childhood best friend, Mary, was the last known victim of Jack the Ripper. It’s been two years since Fiona scrubbed Mary’s blood from the floorboards, and London is no longer buzzing about the Ripper, but Fiona hasn’t forgotten. And she hasn’t stopped searching for Jack...”
Caroline: Kerrigan Byrne new release alert and sounds like a good thriller! Plus it’s in kindle unlimited.
- Wicked: A Rockstar Romance Series by Piper Lawson <— ROCK STAR SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!
- The Beginning and End of Everything by Stevie J. Cole & Lauren Lovell <— LIVE!! And that title is already making my heart ache… “A beautiful and raw love story that will challenge the way we think about life and death, fate and consequences. The Beginning and End of Everything provocatively explores the human side of love, grief, and depression.”
Nancy: I want to read this, but afraid to until I find out if it ends well. I hate sad endings???
- Sunshine Over Snow (Summer Lake Seasons Book 3) by SJ McCoy <— LIVE!!!
- Over Heated (On the Wild Side Book 3) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!!
- BREAKER: A Brother’s Best Friend Standalone Romance by Harlow Rae <— LIVE!! Her brother’s best friend never saw her as more but she was always infatuated with him… “…I went four years without seeing Grady—each one more painful than the last. That distance did nothing to dull my feelings toward him. But things are different now. Most noticeably is Grady. I barely recognize this man he’s become. And that’s the way he intends to keep it. Not that it really matters. Grady Bowen stopped being my happy something long ago.”
Kirsten: Thank you. I love this genre.
- Dark Fae (Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac Book 1) by Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! “…This is a reverse harem series set in the world of Zodiac Academy four years before the Vega Twins were Awakened. Expect some character cross-over, dark and hot romance, and a twisted murder mystery which will leave your head spinning…”
- Finn: A Hathaway House Heartwarming Romance by Dale Mayer
- Desperate Deception: Brotherhood Protectors World (Heroes Rising Book 1) by Desiree Holt <— LIVE!! NAVY SEAL ALERT!! SHE BARELY ESCAPES AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP… “...Zane Halstead was rootless after three tours with the SEALs, medically discharged and not sure what to do with himself. When Sheriff Alex Rossi in Montana reached out to him with an offer to join his staff, he thought, what the hell? A house came with it along with two horses he could work with. But then his sister pleaded with him to take a battered woman with him and keep her safe. How could he say no? But the best laid plans and all that…”
- Money Man (King Maker) by by Terri E. Laine <— SHE’S HEARTBROKEN & HAS A ONE NIGHT STAND… “...A new year, a new job, and after this one night, I’ll be back to being a good girl.
It’s not like I’ll ever see him again...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee <— Nay enjoyed this classic!! AND is now listening to one that I LOVED (as a book AND as a movie!!)
Nay: I finished listening to To Kill a Mockingbird and really enjoyed it. As I mentioned before, Sissy Spacek’s narration was wonderful, and it didn’t hurt that I had Gregory Peck’s Atticus in my mind the entire time.
Now I’m listening to Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue and I think it’s going to be great! I’m only 10% in, but I’m loving the narration–it’s full cast with each person doing their own part, which is my fave!
Maryse: I LOVED ROOM!!!!!!!!! One of my favorites. Definitely a psych-thriller, but an emotional story of growth as well.
- Evvie Drake Starts Over: A Novel by Linda Holmes <— Michele G 5 STAR LOVED IT!
Michele G: I listened to a really well done audiobook recently that’s been out for a little bit…Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes. It’s women’s fiction and easily scored another 5 stars from me. There wasn’t anything fancy about it – no breathtaking twists or anything – just a heartfelt story about life and finding your way through the difficult times to eventually find happiness again. It was so good!
- Consolation: The Consolation Duet, Volume 1 by Corinne Michaels <— Leslie M is enjoying these from Audible Escape (of which I am also a member!!) 😀
Leslie M: I’m finishing up an audiobook duet of Consolation & Conviction by Corinne Michaels and then will need something else for rest of weekend. I might try more Corinne Michaels as she has lots on Audible Escape.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Confessions: Bailey (Confessions Series Book 6) by Ella Frank – October 28th 2019
- Shadows: A Bayou Magic Novel by Kristen Proby – October 29th 2019
- Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock Book 13) by Faith Hunter – October 29th 2019
- White Lies (Lost Kings MC Book 15) by Autumn Jones Lake – October 29th 2019
- Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy Book 1) by Devney Perry – October 19th 2019
- Overnight Service (Always Satisfied Book 3) by Lauren Blakely – October 30th 2019
- Tell Me to Run by Charlotte Byrd – November 2nd 2019
- Wait: The Brazen Bulls Beginning by Susan Fanetti – November 2nd 2019
- Nome-o Seeks Juliet (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance Book 2) by Katy Regnery – November 4th 2019
- #Fate (GearShark Series Book 6) by Cambria Hebert – November 4th 2019
- In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem Book 1) by Aho Jones – November 5th 2019
- Dirty Letters by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland – November 5th 2019
- Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry: A Novel by Mary Higgins Clark – November 5th 2019
- Call Down the Hawk, (The Dreamer Trilogy, Book 1) by Maggie Stiefvater – November 5th 2019
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White – November 5th 2019
- Leopard’s Wrath (A Leopard Novel Book 12) by Christine Feehan – November 5th 2019
- A Mackenzie Clan Christmas (Mackenzies Series) by Jennifer Ashley – November 5th 2019
- Tacker: An Arizona Vengeance Novel by Sawyer Bennet – November 5th 2019
- The Starless Sea: A Novel by Erin Morgenstern – November 5th 2019
- Leave Me Breathless by Jodi Ellen Malpas – November 5th 2019
- Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw – November 5th 2019
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon – November 5th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).