HAPPY FRIDAY AND I WILL SAY HAPPY HALLOWEEN WEEKEND ‘CAUSE IT’S ALL FUN AND SCARINESS FROM HERE ON OUT (until Monday, that is). 😉 But if all you wanna do is snuggle in pjs and read books, well here is out latest list! I’m still working on it so keep checking back as I find and add more. 😀
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 1 year ago, I though I would love this horror story, and in the end… I didn’t even really like it. Book Review – Penpal by Dathan Auerbach
- 4 years ago, my own ghost story. 😉 Happy Halloween! So, hey! I have a ghost story for ya… (my trip to the RT Book Lovers Convention 2015 – Recap Part 3…)
- 4 years ago, a really cool love story (reclusive hero!!) Book Review – Unloved by Katy Regnery
- 4 years ago, and interview with one of my favorite authors! Behind the Books – An interview with author Kate Stewart
- 5 years ago, another reclusive character! But this time it’s the heroine (and I LOVED this book so much – MUST READ!!!). Book Review – Pull Me Close by Sidney Halston
- 6 years ago, a reader’s favorites list! Reader Favorites – Sadie’s Top Favorite Books List:
- 6 years ago, I reviewed another Colleen Hoover hit! Book Review – November 9: A Novel by Colleen Hoover
- 6 years ago, real life scary stories from our own readers and authors alike! Authors & readers tell us their own real-life creepy stories…
- 8 years ago, a “Behind the Books” exclusive on a very favorite book! Behind The Books – A personal note from Christina Lauren about tomorrow’s release, “Beautiful Player”…
- 8 years ago, this jerk blew our minds!!!!!! WE LOVED IT (well… most of us. 😉 Some hated him) Book Review – Night Owl by M. Pierce
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
—> ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL TO KINDLE UNLIMITED!!
—> AMAZON GERMANY!! You guys get a 3 month free trial for Amazon Unlimited music!!!
- Sealed: A Small Town Fake-Relationship Romance (Willow Springs Series Book 4) by Laura Pavlov <— LIVE!!! FAKE DATING & NO CATCHING FEELINGS!! “…Roman Amato is perfect on paper. Sexy and broody and arrogant. He’s a divorced single father, so he’s completely off-limits. I’m not looking for anything other than a hot date to take to my sister’s wedding. I have something he needs, and he has something I need. The fake dating gods have shined down on both of us…”
- Whiskey Moon – A Marriage Pact Romance by Winter Renshaw <— LIVE!!!
- Steal the Wind (Godstone Saga Book 1) by Jocelynn Drake <— LIVE!!!
- Our Overtime: Ice League Book 1 by S.C. Kate <— LIVE!!!
- Unstoppable (The Pyte/Sentinel Series Book 7) by R.L. Mathewson <— RECENT RELEASE & TANITA LOVED IT!!
Tanita: This book was absolutely amazing!!! As per everything else this incredible lady writes ❤ If you have a spare weekend and want to immerse yourself in a fun read, this is 100% the way to go. They pull on the heart strings while also giving you a good laugh! If you haven’t read the others, you should do that too!
Rachael: I Loved this book!! Kale’s story is my new favorite, but I can’t wait to read Joshua’s story. The little tidbits in each book are torture!!!
Elaine: I have been patiently waiting for kales book and r.l. didn’t disappoint. I was so excited to be able to finally see him shift. The story was fabulous.
Lauren: Just read this when it came out! Couldn’t put it down and it makes you want to re-read all the others in the series. You will laugh, swoon, and also get damn irritated with the author because she’s a genius who likes to make you read until you finish the book without putting it down! (Get ready to lose sleep if you start it late) Love it like all the others and you will also!
- Nightshade: A Dark Paranormal Gothic Romance by Keri Lake <— LIVE!!! A love so forbidden, it would shake the heavens …
- Playing the Player: Falling for Best friend’s sister. (The Hartford Brothers Book 2) by JA Low
- Bound by Deception (The Alliance Book 7) by Brenda K. Davies
- House of Hollow by Krystal Sunderland <— TASHA J LOVED IT!! “…Iris Hollow and her two older sisters are unquestionably strange. Ever since they disappeared on a suburban street in Scotland as children only to return a month a later with no memory of what happened to them, odd, eerie occurrences seem to follow in their wake. And they’re changing. First, their dark hair turned white. Then, their blue eyes slowly turned black. They have insatiable appetites yet never gain weight. People find them disturbingly intoxicating, unbearably beautiful, and inexplicably dangerous. But now, ten years later, seventeen-year-old Iris Hollow is doing all she can to fit in and graduate high school..”
Tasha J: I finished reading House of Hollow by Krystal Sunderland and absolutely LOVED it!! So vastly different from another book I read and loved of hers, Our Chemical Hearts.
The writing was fantastic and descriptive. So gruesome, but fascinating. Mysterious and strange, and also emotional. You really felt that bond between sisters. Quick paced, edge of your seat in some parts. Awesome spooky season read. Original, to me, kind of story.
- The Ravenhood series by Kate Stewart <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LORRAINE LOVES THIS TOO!
Lorraine: The ravenhood series by Kate Stewart. Hit every point for me and literally couldn’t put it down.
Chelsea: The Ravenhood trilogy was one of the best series I’ve ever read! You are going to LOVE them SO hard! I became a huge fan of the author after reading these. I’m making my way through her work as we speak.
- Naked Fisherman/Lost Fisherman Duet by Jewel E. Ann <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE NOW AMANDA LOVES IT TOO!
Amanda: The new Jewel E Ann duet is amazing: Naked Fisherman/Lost Fisherman. The first book was good but I thought the h was very immature. Her growth between the first and second book was awesome to see, along with allllll that happens. I’m stingy with my 5 star ratings and Lost Fisherman was an easy one.
- Ruin of Roses by K.F. Breene <— RECENT RELEASE & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE KENDRA IS LOVING IT!! “…He has suffered a fate worse than death. We all have. A curse put upon us by the mad king. We are a kingdom locked in time. Shifters unable to feel our animals. Stuck here by a deal between the late king and a demon who seeks our destruction. The only one keeping this kingdom alive is Nyfain, the golden prince to a stolen throne. The last dragon shifter. He’s our hope. He’s my nightmare...”
Kendra: Ruin of Roses by K.F. Breene. It’s an amazing ride.
- One of a Kind: Kind Brothers Book 1 by Sandi Lynn <— LIVE!!! OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT! OOPS! COME TO FIND OUT SHE’S HIS ASSISTANT! “…We first met at a café when she let me have the last apple turnover. Then I saw her again that same night at a bar. She was incredibly sexy, and she wanted me as much as I wanted her. We both agreed it was a one-time thing, and she left the following day. Imagine the shock on both our faces when she showed up for work on Monday...”
- Bound by Deception (The Alliance Book 7) by Brenda K. Davies <— LIVE!!
Susan C: Love Brenda K. Davies books,
- King of Corium: Dark Enemies to Lovers Bully Romance (Corium University Book 1) by J.L. Beck and C. Hallman <— LIVE!! CRIMINALS SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE… “…Welcome to Corium University, where the most dangerous criminals in the world send their offspring. Assassins, mafia leaders, arms dealers and art thieves. You name it, this college houses them. Nothing can touch us here. The only rule: No one can die. I knew she would be here. Aspen was my enemy in every shape of the word. A liar, a thief. I wanted revenge for my family, revenge against her father. I knew the rules. Knew I couldn’t kill her, but I could hurt her. I could make her wish she never came to Corium…”
- Ashes (The Bleeding Hearts Series Book 3) by Dylan Page <— LIVE!! MUST BE READ IN ORDER! CADY FOUND US THIS ONE! DARK SERIES THAT SO MANY ARE LOVING!!
Cady: Dylan page’s 3rd book ashes is live.
Aimee: The Bleeding Heart series (TORMENT) by Dylan Page was soooo good!!! Iits very dark but well worth it!!!
Franziska: Shay from Dylan Page’s Torment. You hate to love him or you love to hate him … it was both because he is extremely nuts, obsessed and a psychopath… but it was interesting the way Dylan Page showed him to us through the heroines eyes and then he was suddenly redeemable (but everyone has limits 😉 )…
It is really amazing and I was shattered/shaken/stirred an entire day 😉 I have to say the trigger warnings need to be taken seriously. Even though I don’t have any, the detail of certain scenes were very heavy and hard to digest.
There is also additional depth when you watch an interview with Dylan Page since certain aspects in the book are very personal to her.
- Out Of The Blue by P. Dangelico <— RECENT RELEASE & IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE & MICHELE G IS INTO IT!! “…It kind of goes with the job description when you run a large animal rescue. What she does not take, however, is crap from an entitled movie star who needs to reform his rotten image. Unfortunately, the farm she manages is in trouble and if she doesn’t raise the cash to save it she’ll be homeless along with the precious animals who depend on her. So she’ll grin and bear the King of Hollywood Screw Ups, and the assistant, and the overprotective brother he brings along…”
Michele G: I always enjoy P. Dangelico’s books and am currently reading and enjoying Out of the Blue.
Jan: Yeah great list. I’m going to try Out of the Blue
- Force of Gravity: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!! NOW HE’S HER ROOMMATE!! “…Arrogant. Egotistical. Playboy. Three words that perfectly describe Atlas Keaton. My twin brother’s best friend. The absolute bane of my existence. And my new college roommate. It wasn’t by choice of course. The last thing I wanted was to be forced to endure a full semester living under the same roof as him and my brother…”
- Kiss of the Blade by Lea Griffith <— ROBYN IS LOVING IT!
Robyn: Kiss of the Blade by Lea Griffith! It’s the 4th book in the series. After waiting years for it to come out it didn’t disappoint.
Blade is a female assassin along with her sisters. They are getting closer to their objective, Joseph Bombardier and the Collective, who made them into the killers they are. Lots of action and romance!
- Heartless Hette (Hearth and Bard Tales) by M. L. Farb <— FANTASY ROMANCE!! RECENT RELEASE & IT’S FREE TODAY!! Also today’s ad sponsor right here on the blog! 😀 “...When Princess Hette refuses a sorcerer’s proposal, he retaliates by stealing her heart—literally. Desperate to resist his influence, Hette makes herself emotionless, stifling all feelings until she can find her heart and win it back. Only Konrad, the despised Court Fool, knows where to find the sorcerer, and he has his own curse to battle. Riddles and magic plague their path, including a memory stealing witch, an unbeatable knight, and a magic book that would as soon drown them as lead them to their destination…“
- North Brother Series by J.B. Salsbury <— NANCY HAS A SERIES REVIEW FOR US! SHE LOVED IT!! P.S. Book #2 was just released this week!!!
Nancy: My 5* Review:
WILD NORTH is one of the best books I have read this year. Once I started reading I had to take the time to finish. Then I could move on to getting some other things done. The blurb is what drew me to the book, but it was so much more story than that alone! …I absolutely loved & enjoyed this book. Highly Recommend!
My 5* Review:
REBEL NORTH is Book #2 in the NORTH BROTHERS SERIES. I fell in love with the brothers when I read WILD NORTH #1 in the NORTH BROTHERS SERIES. Alex and Jordan are a couple that will steal your heart. Out of all the North brothers, it is Kingston that stole my interest. To say he is unique, is an understatement. This is his story & how he found the love of his life. …Nothing about their story is typical. They broke all the rules. Their love was chaotic, full of old wounds & scars. They work hard to find their happily evermore!
- Catfished in Craig: An on-the-run from the Mafia, personal ad romance (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance) by Katy Regnery <— LATEST BY KATY REGNERY IS LIVE!!! NANCY ALSO LOVED THIS ONE!!
Nancy: My 5* Review:CATFISHED IN CRAIG is the latest release in Katy Regnery’s Series of lonely Alaskan men seeking a woman to keep them company. Since there is a shortage of available women in Alaska they seek one by placing an ad in Odds-Are-Good. This one has become my new favorite in the series. On-the-Run from the Mafia & a standalone romance.…Life can take the worst situation you’ve ever had and turn it into the gift you never knew you wanted. Highly Recommend!
- Dangerous Temptation by Giana Darling <— RECENT RELEASE & BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE NANCY RECOMMENDS THIS DARK READ!
Nancy: Dangerous Temptation by Giana Darling which includes Bad Dream A Prologue. A Dark Romance for sure!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Getting Real by Emma Chase <— ASHLEY RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Ashley: I listened to Getting Real by Emma Chase and it was absolutely wonderful. The whole series is one of my top favorite listens. There’s something so real about them. Bonus; I love it when a book makes me smile and tear up.
- The Two Week Stand by Samantha Towle <— ASHLEY ALSO RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Ashley: I also recently listened to The Two Week Stand by Samantha Towle and it was a lot of fun! Some ‘whew, that was hot’ scenes. And it just took me by surprise how much I enjoyed it!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Still Falling for You: An Emotional Angsty Second Chance Romance by Siobhan Davis – October 31st 2021
- MONSTERS UNDER MY BED: A Monster Reverse Harem (Bogeymen Book 1) by M.J. Marstens – October 31st 2021
- The Right One: A Single-Dad, Second Chance Romance (The Decker Brothers Book 1) by Michelle A. Valentine – October 31st 2021
- Heartbreak Hitter: A Hero Club Novel by Kimberly Readnour – October 31st 2021
- Seasons of Terror by Ray Bradbury, Shirley Jackson, Stephen King, and Robert McCammon – November 1st 2021
- Edge Of Reality (Arrow’s Edge MC Book 5) by Freya Barker – November 1st 2021
- Chaos & Corruption (Power & Privilege Series Book 1) by Janine Infante Bosco – November 1st 2021
- Swoon: A Brother’s Best Friend Standalone Romance by Lauren Rowe – November 1st 2021
- Christopher (Mail-Order Brides For Christmas) by Fiona Davenport – November 1st 2021
- Mated in Darkness (Talon Pack Book 10) by Carrie Ann Ryan – November 1st 2021
- Heard It in a Love Song: A Novel by Tracey Garvis Graves – November 2nd 2021
- Shopping for a Turkey by Julia Kent – November 2nd 2021
- Single Black Female by Tracy Brown – November 2nd 2021
- How to Marry Keanu Reeves in 90 Days by K.M. Jackson – November 2nd 2021
- A Wanton for All Seasons (Wantons of Waverton Book 3) by Christi Caldwell – November 2nd 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!