<— P.S. This one is the star of today’s recommendation show!!! HOLY MOLY EVERYONE IS LOVING IT! You’ll see below. 😉
Michelle: Blurb jolt! Blurb goosebumps! Gotta read this one.
P.P.S. Our crew’s recommendations have been exceptional hits over the last few weeks as so many here have picked them up, and loved them too! You’ll see a bunch below that are officially tried and true!
P.P.P.S: Here’s my latest review! It’s a horror and was making so many “scariest books” lists (though I didn’t find it that scary at all) ➔ Book Review – Penpal by Dathan Auerbach
TODAY’S “BLAST FROM THE PAST” BOOK HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2 years ago, I compiled this list of “tearjerker” lists. 😉 In the mood to read something that will make you cry? I have a list for that!
- 3 years ago, I told you my true life ghost story! And it happened while I was at a book convention! Happy Halloween! So, hey! I have a ghost story for ya… (my trip to the RT Book Lovers Convention 2015 – Recap Part 3…)
- 4 years ago, I 4.5 star LOVED this romance about a heroine with agoraphobia!! OH SO GOOD! Book Review – Pull Me Close by Sidney Halston
- 5 years ago, Sadie sent us her most favorites! Reader Favorites – Sadie’s Top Favorite Books List
- 10 years ago, I 5-star LOVED this anti-hero’s little short story. Oh what a steamy love triangle this whole series was (I WAS HOOKED), and he was the demon/vampire (not the angel). *oooomph* Book Review – Zane’s Tale: A Succubus Diaries Short by Jill Myles
- 10 years ago, I also posted my Happy Halloween video, and OMG what was I thinking that I was going to watch “The Human Centipede”?? I was so innocent going into that train wreck. AND THEN I WAS SO SICK after watching that. Physically SICK!!! 🤢
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄☃️!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- ➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 4 months for a super-bargain (US). Canada and UK 3 months for a super-bargain!! 😀
- The Cabin by Jasinda Wilder <— OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS NEW RELEASE??!!!!!!! BLURB JOLT EXTRAORDINAIRE!! WIDOW IS GRIEVING HER HUSBAND… and then… “…I fill my hours with work until I’m too exhausted to remember him, to feel anything at all. One year, 365 days–and then one knock at my door changes everything. A letter from him, a last request, a secret will: My dearest Nadia, Trust me, my love. One last time, trust me. Sometimes the epilogue to one story is the beginning of another.” GASP!!!!!!! OMG THIS!!!
Michelle: Omg!!! Such a great book. Full box of tissues needed! …but it is so worth it. I loved it so much
Maryse: I have no doubt!!!! This one sounds incredible!
Kristie: Omg!!! There are no words for this book. It’s everything. I usually put off books that make me cry. I was rooted from the first page!!!
Rae: 😭😭😭 and I’m only at the early stages. Powerful.
Megan: This book was EVERYTHING!
Denise: So good. All the feels and a love story to remember.
Christina: Thank you so much for posting. I could not put it down.
Shera: I just finished this one and it’s certainly one of my 5 top reads of 2020! SO GOOD! Jasinda Wilder knocked it wayyyy out of the park!
- The World According to Vince – A romantic comedy (Gym or Chocolate Book 2) by Stuart Reardon & Jane Harvey-Berrick <— THE ATTORNEY & THE BAD BOY MODEL!! “...He’s always crass and rude and swears all the time, and OMG, his Instagram feed is full of his manhood outlined in briefs, boxers, sweatpants and tighty whiteys—sometimes not even that much. He’s gorgeous, it’s true, and he’s modelled for Armani—what on earth does he want with me?”
- JULIEO ENJOYED THESE!!
Books I finished lately….
DRIVE ME WILD by Melanie Harlow. – really enjoyed
PLAYING WITH FIRE – just as good as they say
RIDE – This was a re-read for me because I love this book. For me a 5. And I learned a lot about pro snow boarding.
OFF LIMITS by Sawyer Bennett – this was the best of her off series
- Roses Are Red (Edith’s Fatal Love Trilogy Book 1) by Alexis Murrell <— LIVE!! BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE ALERT! “...there’s one thing you need to understand about love; it can come with a price. One you may not be willing to pay. My advice to you, find out what that price is before it’s too late. Because if you don’t, you’ll end up like me caught between loves thorns fighting for your life with only one way out…”
- Angel Assassin: Descendant of the Fallen: Book one by Alex Dafney <— LIVE!!
- Fallen from Ashes (Rise Series Book 3) by Amy Sevan <— LIVE!!
- Blood and Bone by Paula Dombrowiak <— LIVE!!
- Deviant Sin: A Dark College Romance (Cruel Desires Book 1) by Lee Piper <— LIVE!!
- Blacklisted by Jay Crownover <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!! Michele G recommends it!
Michele G: Maryse, I wanted to let you know I enjoyed Blacklisted by Jay Crownover. It’s the final book in her Loveless, Texas series. I’ve read them all and felt connected to the community and family the books centered around. I’m kind of sad to see the series end…
- Tiernan: A Dark Irish Mafia Romance (Dangerous Doms) by Jane Henry <— LIVE!!
- Daddy’s Angel (Forbidden Reads #1) by K.A. Knight <— LIVE!! HER BOYFRIEND’S FATHER ALERT!! “…when my boyfriend cheats on me, I decide to get a little revenge…by sleeping with his father…”
- The Director (Chicago Bratva Book 1) by Renee Rose <— LIVE!!
- The One (Coming Home To The Grove Book 3) by Hope Ford <— LIVE!!
- Lady Lilias and the Devil in Plaid (Scottish Scoundrels: Ensnared Hearts Book 2) by Julie Johnstone <— LIVE!!
- Dark Guardian (Black Hoods MC Book 3) by Avelyn Paige & Geri Glenn <— LIVE!!
- Born Daddy: An M/M Daddy Romance (Command & Care Book 2) by Morticia Knight <— LIVE!!
- LOST BOY by Ker Dukey <— LIVE!! KER DUKEY ALERT!! Serial killer ruined her life… “…Death now stalking her at every turn, Lizzy isn’t prepared for a ruggedly handsome mystery man, Clark entering her life, making her question everything she thought she knew. The intensity between them is palpable, but there’s something that isn’t adding up, and one thing Lizzy knows all too well, monsters don’t lie in wait. They hunt you out…”
Claire: LOST BOY by Ker Dukey, the dark thriller Queen, went live today! I adore everything she writes, but this thriller is long awaited! 😍
Maryse: YESSSS!! I included it!!! It sounds CRAZY!! 😲😬
Claire: everything she writes is like this! Completely messes with your head and your heart. I love it! 😂😂
- Reign of a King: A Dark Billionaire Romance (Kingdom Duet Book 1) by Rina Kent <— LIVE!! HER DEAD SISTER’S HUSBAND!!! “…He’s also my dead sister’s husband and way older than me. When I first met him as a clueless child, I thought he was a god. Now, I have to confront that god to protect my business from his ruthless grip. Little did I know that declaring a war on the king will cost me everything...”
- Joyful January (Calendar Girls Ranch Book 1) by Kirsten Osbourne <— LIVE!!
- The Cursed Rune (Royal Reaper Academy Series Book 1) by G. Bailey <— LIVE!!
- Nerdelicious: A Dorky Duet Companion Novel by Mary Frame <— LIVE!!
- SORRY CAN’T SAVE YOU: A Mystery Novel by Willow Rose <— LIVE!! SHE SUSPECTS HER HUSBAND IS A MURDERER!! “…Laurie Davis is the mother of two children, struggling to keep her family together since her husband, Ryan, went to war and came back changed. His PTSD is evident. He wakes up at night, screaming in fear; he can’t stand loud noises or anyone sneaking upon him. He even gets aggressive toward Laurie and the children. It has gotten so bad that he can no longer stay under the same roof as his family. When a woman from his squadron is found murdered, Laurie discovers something that makes her suspect Ryan, her own husband...”
- Cursed: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (The Fallen Duet Book 1) by Andréa Joy and A.J. Daniels <— LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM!! “...There’s a reason they call us the Four Horsemen. We warned her to stay away. Now she’ll become our greatest love and our hardest sacrifice...”
- The Troublemaker by Kaylee Loring <— MONY’S RECOMMENDATION & KATHY LOVED IT!
Kathy: Thanks Mony for The Troublemaker by Kaylee Loring recommendation. I just finished it and loved it! Just downloaded Sleeper!
Mony: Some dark/bully reads, you say? some options…
- Captive by Lewis (kind of book you don’t come up for air…bit long-ish but worth it)
- In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1) by Amo Jones (crazy/bully..”I can’t believe it”)
- Play Along by T L Swan
- The Banker by P. Sky (trilogy)
Tasha J: Omg thank you!!! I’ve not read any of these yet and while I looked at some last night on Amazon and reviews, I just got so overwhelmed. I like recommendations rather than trying to find a needle in a haystack.
- Blair Babylon <— Blair Babylon ALERT!! MONY HAS JUST DISCOVERED THIS AUTHOR & IS LOVING HER!!
Mony: Been reading some Blair Babylon books, and I’ve found two books that are amazing…part of Runaway Billionaires series. It’s about three good friends who are wealthy, hot and smart.
- JAN’S RECOMMENDATIONS ARE A HIT!!!! Mony is loving those, too! 😀
Mony: 🎉 I want to send kudos to Jan…because I seem to be reading SO many of her book recommendations!
Among those was
Kate Canterbary, who pens well-written, crisp, steamy, with some “feels” (such a strange word) novels…as J. says, some are better than others.
- Walsh Family series; Cornerstone 5+★, Spire 3★, Preservation 5★
- As well as as “feel good” books: Boss in the Bedsheets 4★ & Before Girl 4★
Next is her recent HR rec, the Deverell Series by Jayne Fresina. Binged on book #1, True Story, until the wee hours of the morning because it was so captivating. (It’s a GR buddy reads) Definitely in my top 10 HR reads. Characters are fabulous, and the setting in a castle on an island in Cornwall is perfect & bit gothic. True Deverell is unique – I’ve never seen an H like him in any HR novel. (Slow paced like a Zapata book) 5★+
Last, Rosalind James’ New Zealand Ever After series…Kiwi Rules (#1), Stone Cold Kiwi (#2) & Kiwi Strong (#3). Standout for me was #2…a top book boyfriend Maori doctor. *sigh* Now starting on her other series. 4-5★
Keep em coming Ms Jan!
Jan: We must be book twins *hugs* Glad you have found some new authors to enjoy.
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Blaire: Part 1 in the Dark Romance Series & BLAI2E: Blaire Part 2: Dark Romance Series <— DARK ROMANCE & Camille loves these audiobooks!
Camille: This is one of my favorite series! I listened to the audiobooks and the narrator is incredible!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- KATE (Madison Kate Book 4) by Tate James – October 31st 2020
- A Licentious Storm by Aziza Sphinx – October 31st 2020
- Claimed: Dark Breeds of the Lycans (Dark Immortal Flames Book 1) by Lasasha Flame – November 1st 2020
- Something to Hold Onto: Silver Duet #2 by M.K. Oien – November 3rd 2020
- The Next Wife: An absolutely gripping psychological thriller… by Liz Lawler – November 3rd 2020
- Fight From The Heart: a small town romance by L.B. Dunbar – November 5th 2020
- A Treacherous Trade (The Business of Blood Book 2) by Kerrigan Byrne – November 10th 2020
- Nobody Knows (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 11) by Lani Lynn Vale – November 10th 2020
- Shine With Me: A With Me In Seattle Novella by Kristen Proby – November 10th 2020
- Dog Tags: A romance anthology featuring military and canine heroes – November 10th 2020
- Noble Prince (Tin Gypsy Book 4) by Devney Perry – November 10th 2020
- Decompose: A Psychological Thriller by Layne Deemer – November 10th 2020
- Shades of Darkness (Guardians of Eternity Book 16) by Alexandra Ivy – November 10th 2020
- A Problematic Christmas Love (Love On The Pacific Shores Book 8) by Rebecca Rohman – November 10th 2020
- Reclaim: A Standalone Friends-to-Lovers Romance by Aly Martinez – November 12th 2020
- The Lighthouse Inn: Shattered Cove Series Book 4 by A.M. Kusi – November 12th 2020
- Wicked Truths (The Hunt Legacy Duology Book 2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – November 12th 2020
- See Me After Class by Meghan Quinn – November 12th 2020
- Lavender’s Book by H. Hunting – November 16th 2020
- Little Lies by H Hunting – November 16th 2020
- Dark Alpha’s Caress: A Reaper Novel by Donna Grant – November 16th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).