WELCOME NOVEMBER!! I’m so glad you’re here!! 😀 Though Florida hasn’t gotten the memo that we are now WELL into Fall, cause as I write this, I’m wearing summer clothes, and I didn’t even put my cute Halloween decorations out!
And I’d like to start opening the windows for that crisp air, putting in my fall-smelling wallflower scents and turning my house into a Holiday extravaganza and then basking in that cozy feel while I read. But nope. It’s gonna be hot out again isn’t t? Oh! Wait!! It’s going to be in the low 70s today so I take back my rant!! *claps with glee*
Tasha J: Don’t you think, being November 1st now, the perfect mood latte would be like a creme brûlée or something a bit festive? Maybe something with a little nutmeg. A frozen hot chocoloate for you, Maryse. 😂
Maryse: Heck yes, Tasha!! Nice warm cozy flavors and scents are ALL I want right now. I think I’m going to burn a “Leaves” candle and see if that helps. 😉
Leslie M: Tasha, I’m ready for peppermint mocha. I love candy canes and anything with peppermint or gingerbread and of course pumpkin! I love the scents too.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- By Any Other Name by M. Pierce & Kayti McGee <— M.PIERCE CO-WROTE A NEW RELEASE & IT JUST WENT LIVE!!!! PARANORMAL FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! OMG M. PIERCE!!! REMEMBER YOU GUYS???? Manny’s author (I mean er… author of my beloved “Night Owl” OMG I LOVED IT!! Here’s my Book Review (of that one) And now here’s something new 😀 “…Thorn Blackmane might be the most feared of all. Cold-blooded. Heartless. Killer. His magic only has one purpose–to destroy the coven’s enemies. Until he’s ordered to kill a girl.Rose came to town innocently enough, but her very presence is a threat to Thorn’s family.
Her pure heart offers redemption from his many sins.
Her body is an opportunity to commit many more.
And her magic could destroy them all.
There is no spell as potent as obsession….”
- Overnight Service (Always Satisfied Book 3) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST IS LIVE!! “Here’s why sleeping with the enemy is a bad idea… 1. She’s my fiercest rival. 2. She’s also my fiery ex. 3. We’re going up against each other in a stiff competition to win the hottest new client on the market.”
- Landon & Shay – Part One: (The L&S Duet Book 1) by Brittany C. Cherry <— LIVE!! THE LATEST BY BRITTAINY C. CHERRY and so many of us here LOVE her!!! They hated each other!! “...We went out of our way to avoid one another at all times. When she came my direction, I went the other. When we locked eyes, she’d turn and walk away. All of that changed the day I was presented with a challenge. It started out as a stupid bet: make Shay fall in love with me before I fell in love with her first. That was an easy bet for me to win. I didn’t love, I hardly liked…” P.S. Here’s book #2 already up for preorder: Landon & Shay: (The L&S Duet Book 2)
- Room to Breathe by Liz Talley <— LIVE!!! She’s being sneaky… 😉 “... she’s returned home as her mother’s new assistant. Ellery never expected her own life plan to take such a detour. With no outlet for her frustration, she lets an online flirtation go a little too far, especially considering her pen pal thinks he’s corresponding with her mother...”
- Your Perfect Year: A Novel by Charlotte Lucas and Alison Layland <— LIVE!!! COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! “…For hyper-particular publishing heir Jonathan Grief, the day starts like any other—with a strict morning fitness regimen that’ll keep his divorced, easily irritated, cynical, forty-two-year-old self in absolutely flawless physical condition. But all it takes to put a crimp in his routine is one small annoyance. Someone has left a leather-bound day planner with the handwritten title Your Perfect Year in his spot on hismountain bike at his fitness course!”
- BREAKER: A Brother’s Best Friend Standalone Romance by Harlow Rae <— RECENT RELEASE & WE have feedback! Nancy says it’s angsty!!
Nancy: What I’m reading now: BREAKER by Harloe Rae. Loving it! Grady is a tortured soul. And an outcast in this small town. And she is the younger sister of his only friend in the world. But she has loved him since she was 7. A lot of angst.
Heather: Such a great book!
Nancy: Update: finished and Grady & Sutten are one of the best couples ever! one of the best love stories for the pages.
- Just Ten Seconds by Jeannine Colette <— RECENT RELEASE & Michele G 5-STAR LOVED IT!
Michele G: I absolutely adored Just Ten Seconds! 5 star read for me! I don’t know how she does it but Jeannine Colette always seems to write the perfect swoony man and Dean Delgado is no exception. Do yourself a favor and jump into this one without reading a lot of reviews…the less you know, the better!
- It’s Not PMS, It’s You by Rich Amooi <— LIVE!! COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! SHE WANTS A RELATIONSHIP BUT… “…Problem is most men are intimidated by Ruth’s confidence and shocked by her bluntness. The exception being her landscape designer, Nick, whose cool demeanor and unsolicited dating advice are driving her nuts. He’s the antithesis of the business-oriented man Ruth envisions for herself, so why do all signs keep pointing back to him?”
- HORROR/GOTHIC Boxed Set: 550+ (Halloween Edition) <— HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! AND I just one-clicked this awesome horror anthology deal (right up my creepy alley!!) and the page count is 23343 pages OMG!!!!!! MINE!!!! “…unique Halloween collection of the greatest horror classics, the darkest mysteries and supernatural tales…”
- Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock Book 13) by Faith Hunter <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Tessa enjoyed it:
Tessa: …I Finished Shattered Bonds. It was good, though the last book was the best in the series. This is the last book of the series and it ended well. There were times that I started to get teary, but nothing compared to the last one. That one had me sobbing. I think I’m still recovering from it. lol Still, really good…
- Violets are not Blue by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!!! SHE HATES LOVE & HER COLLEAGUE THINKS HE CAN HAVE HER… “…In my thirty-two years on this earth it has brought me nothing but heartbreak and disappointment. Love is a void. Something we’re taught we need if we want to live a happy and fulfilled life. Well I disagree. Some say I’m a cynic. Other’s call me the smartest woman they’ve ever met. But no matter what anyone says, I know what I need. And love is not it. Enter Harris Avery. A man who thinks he can have anyone he wants, including me. A man who reminds me daily why I swore off love in the first place. He walks around the office like he owns the place...”
- I Knead You Tonight: Enemies-to-Lovers Romcom (Slice Book 2) by Teagan Hunter <— RECENT RELEASE & Ashley love this one!
Ashley: I knead You Tonight by Teagan Hunter (this one was a lot of fun! I didn’t read the book before this one but I didn’t feel like I needed to. But this has to be one of my favorite books by this author!)
- The Stand-in by Lauren Campbell <— HILARIOUS WORST GF EVER!! & MONA LOVED IT!
Mona: Kat and Kelly, thank you for recommending The Stand In! It was hilarious and so unexpected! I couldn’t put it down! H makes it so h has to pretend to be his girlfriend while spending a week with his family so she decides to be the worst GF ever! The things she does are so funny, plus the couple of twists … awesome!
- Perfectly Adequate by Jewel E Ann <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT & Mona loved this one too!
Mona: Oh! And I forgot to mention, like Mary Ann, I also loved Perfectly Adequate by Jewel E Ann. It was so funny and brought tears, too. The H is a doctor and the h is a patient transporter that is on the Autism Spectrum.
- Becoming His Mistress by A.E. Murphy <— RECENT RELEASE, SHE’S OCD (and his mistress) and Mona loved THIS one!
Mona: My other great read for this week was Becoming His Mistress by A. E. Murphy. It was also hilarious and a great read. There is cheating (obviously by the title), but if that’s not a trigger then I highly recommend this one. The h is OCD and goes through life doing and counting in sixes and her best friend has Tourette’s.
- Shattered (Nightwind Pack Book 2) by Kele Moon & Laurann Dohner <— LIVE!! KELE MOON & LAURANN DOHNER ALERT!! She’s jaded and not about to be burned again… “...With a bitter divorce under her belt, she returns home to support her sisters and dying mother. It takes one day before she finds herself in trouble with the local werewolves—and being rescued by her childhood crush. One hot look and the pain returns…overshadowed only by the desire. But Amber’s older, wiser, and unwilling to be burned yet again…”
- MINE: A Possessive Alien Romance by Loki Renard <— LIVE!!!
- A Faerie Story by Barbara Elsborg <— LIVE!!!
- Waiting On Her: A Frenemies to Lovers Romance (Wedding Series Book 2) by Natasha Queen <— LIVE!!!
- Bought by the Bratva: A Dark Mafia Romance (Bratva Brotherhood Book 1) by Bianca Cole <— LIVE!!!
- Speechless by Kay Elle Parker <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS RIPPED FROM HER LIFE, ABUSED & COULDN’T SPEAK… “…Lost and alone, she collapsed at the feet of men, silently pleading for help. Only one came forward, protected and defended her from the jackals lusting for blood. With no voice, no ID, no belongings, she was nobody, she was nothing. Inconsequential in the revolving wheel of life. For Connor O’Malley, she was an angel, fallen from the heavens. Broken and battered, scared spitless of everything and everyone, he knew he had one hell of a job ahead of him. Her wounds were man-made, inflicted by a cruel hand, but the dirty, bloodied girl at his feet couldn’t tell him anything of what happened to her…”
- Heart Thief (Love Under Wraps Book 1) by Taylor Dean <— LIVE!!
- Maverick’s Redemption (Devil’s Deviants Book 2) by C.M. Allen <— LIVE!!
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett <— ELA SAYS THIS IS A MUST READ!!
Ela: So, Maryse???? Did you read The Grace Year by Kim Liggett??? YOU HAVE TO!
That was epic and awesome and great and I can go on. Such a great reminder of the Hunger Games yet nothing like it so I will not compare, I just love something different! The h is awesome sauce and the witch deserved what she got! WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL?
Michele G: I really did love The Grace Year and was thrilled that Ela did too! *phew*
Choose any one or all. Totally outstanding reads. … Fall is in the air!!!
- Half Truths (Secret Society Book 1) by Claire Contreras <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Christina can’t stop thinking about it!
Christina: Hi! I just finished listening to Half Truths by Claire Contreras and I loved it! I can’t stop thinking about secret societies.
Do you know of any other secret society books?
- Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios <— DARK & CRAZY RELATIONSHIP ALERT!! A SONG I LOVE REMINDS Tasha J of this one!
Tasha J: You know what book Lose You to Love Me immediately made me think of? I had the new song release on countdown, btw, I’m obsessed too. But, Bad Romance. That book still resonates with me so much. I want another that makes me feel too!
Amy: Oh, I remember Bad Romance. So. Many. FEELS.
Tasha J: Yes, I’m constantly going back trying to find something in the “people also liked” category, but it’s nothing. I need something.
Maryse: Ohhhh YESSSS!! I 4.5 starred that crazy one!!! Here’s my Book Review
- Rich Boys of Burberry Prep by C.M. Stunich <— REVERSE HAREM BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!! BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Tanishka LOVED IT!!
Tanishka: Hey Maryse, new follower here and I just finished reading this series, it’s called Rich Boys of Burberry Prep, and let me tell you it is soooo gooooddddd. I mean all that bullying along with the reverse harems just gets you hooked on like nothing else. You fall in love with eachhh individual character (my fav was Tristan or maybe Windyy ;). It’s a realllyyy good read and its in the series of four books.
- Castaways by Tara Brown <— DESERTED ISLAND ALERT!! Nancy enjoyed it!
I have been into reading “Lost on deserted island” books. This one is 10 celebrities are shipwrecked on a deserted island. BUT this is NOT Gilligan’s Island. Very far from it! They are ill equipped for survival. The men seem more able, but the woman from a very privileged lifestyle & except for Girl Scout experiences are lost. Also, they are not alone on this island!! You also know from the very beginning that one of the ten are evil, but don’t know who!
- FantasticLand: A Novel by Mike Bockoven <— SCARY BOOK ALERT! Reese loved it too!!
Reese: Thanks to Tasha for recommending Fantasticland. I absolutely loved it.
As far as a book for what to read after Fantasticland: Night Film: A Novel by Marissa Pessel. It’s really nothing alike as far as plot but it has a sorta similar style and scary vibe and I think you really would like it.
- Devastated (Anger Management Book 1) by R.L. Mathewson <— RECENT RELEASE THAT I LOVED & Ashley loved it too! 😀 P.S. Here’s my review.
Ashley: I also just finished Devastated by R.L. Mathewson and I loved it! I love her books and this one did not disappoint! …was done perfectly for me, it definitely had me laughing and smiling, but she also brought a little more to this one.
- Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Anne Long <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! Jan recommends these!
Jan: I’ve been reading some more books in a long historical romance series I started last year. Pennyroyal Green series by Julie Anne Long (who has also written some nice CRs btw). Like any series, some of the books are better than others.
Both really lovely love stories, with interesting characters who aren’t the usual cliche. I think you could read either of them as standalones if you don’t want to tackle the whole lot (11 books plus a novella – eep!)
- The Darkest Fall by Ripley Proserpina <— LIVE!! SOUNDS INTENSE!! “…Rational Lucia believes in what she can see and touch, preferring to leave the curses and fortune telling to her old-world relatives. Meeting Delia, a desperate half-human, half-demon child, who needs someone to keep her safe challenges Lucia’s logic. Armaros spent his eternal life mired in guilt. Choosing to live according to his desires and whims, he forced his sister to fall from grace, damning them both. When she vanished, abandoning him and all they’d built together, he pursues. The last thing the Fallen expected to discover was the impossible existence of her child and the fragile human intent on her protection...”
- Falling For Him by Ali Parker <— LIVE!!!
- Exile (The Battle of Souls Saga Book 2) by Elle Brice <— LIVE!!!
- Nice Day For A White Wedding by Georgia Le Carre <— LIVE!!!
- Number Neighbor by KD Robichaux and CC Monroe <— LIVE!!! SHE’S GOT A PHOBIA… “…Gymnophobia—The fear of nudity. For Ivy, it stems from the thought of being vulnerable, whether it be physically or emotionally. It’s caused her to be alone, intimately unavailable, and the only way she feels safe is attraction she feels from a distance. But then she receives her number neighbor’s unexpected text...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- Shattered Bonds: Jane Yellowrock, Book 13 by Faith Hunter <— NAY HAS BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE!
Nay: Shattered Bonds released today–I’ve been saving my Audible credit so that I could listen to it.
If anyone is ever looking for a great UF series (one that you’ll start reading and be thrilled to find out there are now 13 books), Jane Yellowrock is it!
- Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue <— NAY ALSO LOVED THIS ONE!
Nay: I don’t think I ever posted that I listened to Room by Emma Donoghue and I loved it! I put it off for a long time because I didn’t know if I could handle listening to a kid narrate (actually the “kid” was a woman), but it was one of those books I love with an ensemble cast who each did their own part, and I thought it was phenomenal. It didn’t hurt that one of the narrators was Robert Petkoff, one of the best male narrators of ever.
The child’s voice (Jack) did narrate most of it, but the writing was so unique that I just couldn’t put it down. I looked for things to cook or clean so that I could keep listening.
On an horridly sad note, at first I thought Jack was narrated by a man, but when Robin asked me about the narration and I started thinking about it, I realized that there was no way a man could be making the voice sound the way it did. So upon looking again, I found out that the narrator for Jack was Michal Friedman, an actress/singer who tragically died a little over a year after the book was released after delivering twins via c-section. Thankfully, the twins were healthy, but what a horrible thing to have happened. She was an extremely talented narrator.
- Evvie Drake Starts Over: A Novel by Linda Holmes <— Michele G LOVED this one!
Michele G: I listened to a really well done audiobook recently that’s been out for a little bit… Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes. It’s women’s fiction and easily scored another 5 stars from me.
There wasn’t anything fancy about it – no breathtaking twists or anything – just a heartfelt story about life and finding your way through the difficult times to eventually find happiness again. It was so good!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Tell Me to Run by Charlotte Byrd – November 2nd 2019
- Wait: The Brazen Bulls Beginning by Susan Fanetti – November 2nd 2019
- Nome-o Seeks Juliet (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance Book 2) by Katy Regnery – November 4th 2019
- #Fate (GearShark Series Book 6) by Cambria Hebert – November 4th 2019
- In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem Book 1) by Aho Jones – November 5th 2019
- Dirty Letters by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland – November 5th 2019
- Kiss the Girls and Make Them Cry: A Novel by Mary Higgins Clark – November 5th 2019
- Call Down the Hawk, (The Dreamer Trilogy, Book 1) by Maggie Stiefvater – November 5th 2019
- The Guinevere Deception by Kiersten White – November 5th 2019
- Leopard’s Wrath (A Leopard Novel Book 12) by Christine Feehan – November 5th 2019
- A Mackenzie Clan Christmas (Mackenzies Series) by Jennifer Ashley – November 5th 2019
- Tacker: An Arizona Vengeance Novel by Sawyer Bennet – November 5th 2019
- The Starless Sea: A Novel by Erin Morgenstern – November 5th 2019
- Leave Me Breathless by Jodi Ellen Malpas – November 5th 2019
- Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw – November 5th 2019
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon – November 5th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).