HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! It’s going to be a wonderful long weekend and I’m hoping to finally jump into the “Parallel Duet” so I can devour it too, and see why everyone is so blown away by it. I’m STILL getting comments and adamant recommendations for it!!! YAY ME!! 😀 *claps and bounces*
Also, author Andrea Smith is today’s newsletter sponsor and she’s giving away audiobooks of her latest release to multiple commenters!! You can find out more here (and comment on this post to enter) ➔ Andrea Smith’s “All of Me” IS LIVE & she’s sent over an excerpt and she’s having an audiobook giveaway!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- All In: The Complete Series by Alessandra Torre <— ALESSANDRA TORRE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “…In Vegas, there was one man who was off-limits. Dario Capece. Gorgeous, powerful, and absolutely untouchable. I knew there were risks, but I couldn’t stay away. When Dario called, I answered. When he touched me, I moved closer. When he broke all of my rules, I pretended not to notice. I knew there were risks in falling for him. I just didn’t realize those risks included death. *This complete story includes both novels in the All In Duet – Even Money and Double Down. It also includes a bonus spin-off novella – Rolling the Dice…”
- The Billionaire’s Forbidden Little Sister by Max Monroe <— MAX MONROE’S LATEST IS LIVE!! FORBIDDEN OOOPS!!! “…Two strangers in a foreign country, we said hello. Hello turned into a kiss. A kiss turned into a rendezvous. And a rendezvous turned into more than I’d ever imagined. But her unruly golden curls and beautiful body hid an important detail—She’s my mouthiest billionaire best friend’s forbidden little sister…”
- Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers Book 2) by Roxanne St. Claire
- Elf King (The Crystal Kingdom Book 2) by Milly Taiden
- Rise of the Fae (Dragon’s Gift: The Dark Fae Book 5) by Linsey Hall
- The Bachelor’s Games by J.S. Cooper <— LIVE!! HE’S HER BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER & SHE TRIES TO SEDUCE HIM… “…And then come the games. Games that will blow both of their worlds. But what Maxwell doesn’t know is that Sophie has a secret that could change everything. What Sophie doesn’t know is that Maxwell’s got a secret even bigger that hers that could be the undoing of them both…”
- Grumpy Jake by Melissa Blue
- A Very Avynwood Christmas (Paranormals of Avynwood) by Michelle Dare
- Her Totally Hot Forbidden Fake Fiance: A Contemporary Holiday Romance (Christmas Romance Series) by Lucy McConnell
- THE CLIMB: A Romance Novel by Daya Daniels <— NANCY LOVED THIS ONE!
Nancy: Ever since I read THE ISLAND by Daya Daniels, I wanted to read her novel: THE CLIMB. The mountain is called K2 and the second highest peak in the world, and maybe the most challenging plus dangerous.
…Before their party even starts the climb, two of the porters have died. Plus their lead guide has been injured. This is not a good omen. Maybe God or the mountain itself is warning them not to go.
The author must be a climber herself or just have studied the technique of mountain climbing thoroughly. It takes a certain breed of person, man or woman, to put themselves threw this grueling and life threatening experience. I stayed up to 2:30 in the morning to see if they made it to the top. I never guessed the twist and turns this story took. I was tired, but couldn’t put the book down.
- Crazy for Loving You: A Bluewater Billionaires Romantic Comedy by Pippa Grant <— LIVE!! PIPPA GRANT ALERT!! SHE INHERITED A BABY & A MARINE (okay… I don’t see a problem here. 😉 ) LOL!! “…I’m still knocked off my stilettos when an insane chain of events leads to me inheriting a baby. The craziest part? The baby comes with a by-the-books, no-nonsense retired Marine who’s so regimented that I wouldn’t be surprised if he irons his boxer shorts…”
- Premonition (The Fortress Book 1) by Lisa M. James <— LIVE!!!
- Strings of the Muse by Kristi Ayers
- Wicked Brat by Aria Cole
- Fear: A Dark Mafia Billionaire Romance by Sara Fields
- All of Me by Andrea Smith <— SOUNDS HILARIOUS & FUN “…Autumn Dey, Dirk’s newest employee at his radio station, may be Summer Dey’s twin sister, but they are definitely not identical. Summer is tall and toned . . . and well Autumn isn’t. When Summer starts dating her sister’s gorgeous new boss, Dirk Sexton, Autumn slides herself into the friend zone, admiring from afar. …” AND!! The author is giving away audiobooks today on this post right here ➔ Andrea Smith’s “All of Me” IS LIVE & she’s sent over an excerpt and she’s having an audiobook giveaway!!
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE LAURA LOVED IT TOO!
Laura: I read on your blog someone recommending The Grace Year. I Highly recommend it as well and has a lot of similar ideas to The Handmaids Tale, but a little more YA.
It is also been picked up by Elizabeth Banks to be made into a movie.
- Frayed by Layne Deemer <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT & R. Renee is loving it!! “…His new life as a clothing inspector is boring and predictable and the perfect escape. He’s finally in control. Lydia March is unexpected, but he can’t avoid her even if he tries. She makes him feel things and throws the delicate balance of his orderly life off its axis. When Owen begins receiving mysterious messages from an unknown admirer, it’s not long before his world begins to spiral and nothing is as it seems. Is Lydia writing the notes or is it someone else? Has his past finally caught up with him?”
R. Renee: Guys!! This is Layne’s debut psych thriller. Some of you know her from the GR PFM challenge group. I started it this morning and I can’t put it down!! I went in blind so I have no idea what’s coming but at 16% it’s giving me serious YOU vibes!
Maryse: OMG MINNNNNNNEEE!!!!!!! TOTALLY my thing!!!
Marissa: Frayed by Author Layne Deemer is so damn good! I could not put it down until I finished it!!
Maryse: I AM SO EXCITED!!!! I’m a psych-thriller addict and now this is the second recommendation saying how good this one is!!!
- Obsidian’s Edge: An Elemental Legacy Anthology (Elemental Legacy Novels Book 1) by Elizabeth Hunter <— LIVE!! ELIZABETH HUNTER ALERT!! “…He’s a human in a vampire’s world, but she’s the reason he’s not sleeping at night. In Shadows and Gold, driving a truck full of rotting vegetables and twenty million in gold across mainland China wasn’t what Ben Vecchio had in mind for summer vacation. If he can keep Tenzin’s treasure safe, the reward will be worth the effort. But when has travel with a five-thousand-year-old wind vampire ever been simple?”
- Blink: A psychological thriller with a killer twist you’ll never forget <— Bekki LOVED it!
Bekki: I have never done this before, and I have read ALOT of books. I loved this book. Especially the ending. I did NOT see that coming! I will definitely be reading more of K.L. Slater’s books!! I love that the book I just finished, Blink, has Safe With Me in the same book. On to next book. Thank you!!
- Lear: Alpha one Security Book 5 by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!! JASINDA WILDER ALERT!! “...Turns out, though, that the green-eyed nerd I’d so enjoyed sleeping with was no one to screw around with, either. And he doesn’t like being forced to violence—which he was, in rescuing me. Not that I needed rescuing, mind you. I mean, there were a lot of them, and they were tough, and well-trained. I could kick ass and takes names with the best black-ops commandos in the world, and this mysterious Lear seemed to be no slouch either...”
- Fall of the Elves (Elves of Asarton Trilogy Book 1) by Alexis Samson <— FANTASY ALERT!! “...Her marriage is one of convenience and obligation, leaving her with endless days to immerse herself in literature of the fallen elven race and the ferocious dragons that perished with them. Soon after she possesses the body of the dead elven queen in a dream, Tessa stumbles across a creature of legend in the forest behind her estate. The dragon, reluctant to talk about her past, claims Tessa as her own and trains her in the way of the elves…”
- Lost Pretty Boys: A College Reverse Harem Academy Bully Romance (Shadowlight Hunters Academy Book 1) by Kailin Gow <— REVERSE HAREM BULLY ALERT!! “..**Lost Pretty Boys is book 1 of 3 the Shadowlight Hunters Academy. It can be read as a separate series, but is also a spin-off and continuation of the Shadowlight Academy Series. It is a College RH Bully Romance which contains language, dark humor and consensual sexual situations. Recommended for 17 and over…”
- Veils: A Killers Novel Book 4 (The Killers) by Brynne Asher <— LIVE & TERRI RECOMMENDS IT!
Terri: Veils by Brynne Asher is out and Noah is absolutely swoon worthy!
- The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls Book 1) by Jana Aston <— LIVE!! JANA ASTON ALERT!! “...Dear Santa, Please bring me a new boss for Christmas. Mine is the worst. The worst, hidden in a six foot tall package of male perfection. It’d be easier if he looked like an old Scrooge, wouldn’t it?…“
- Becoming His Mistress by A.E. Murphy <— SHE’S HIS MISTRESS & SHE HAS OCD ALERT!! And it’s back on the list ’cause Robyn loved it too!
Robyn: I have been in a serious reading slump for awhile. BUUUT, I just finished a book that whipped that slump right away. I’m talking 5 stars! It’s called Becoming His Mistress by A E Murphy. I stayed up super late last night because I HAD to finished that book. It covered all the “feels” and then some.
It was funny, sad, angsty, heartbreaking, did I say funny? When you find out what the little quotes mean at the beginning of every chapter your heart will just melt. You have to read this book!
- Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany <— PSYCH-THRILLER MARITAL STRIFE FORBIDDENY ALERT!! OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS??? Thank goodness for Michele G ’cause she didn’t miss it AND she recommends this one!! “…As so often happens in marriage, their romantic life falls casualty to busy schedules and repetitive routine, until one night, a stranger asks Jessica to dance. On a whim, Jake urges her to say yes, saying that he wants to watch this other man touch her, something that surprises Jessica by arousing her like never before. A door opens for them then, into a realm of exploration neither of them knew existed. They create rules to protect their marriage, and are thrilled when their relationship is strengthened and enriched by deeper levels of communication and trust brought about by this exciting, but taboo behavior. That is, until Jessica keeps a secret from Jake…”
Michele G: Maryse, I also read an ARC of Tell Me Everything by Amy Hatvany that releases today. Check out the blurb…it’s a hot little page-turner for sure. I had never read anything by her before and it was quite good. It definitely kept my interest… 😉
- One-Night Stand-In by T. Gephart <— LIVE!! T. GEPHART ALERT!! HAHAHH!! BIG HUGE OOOOPS!! She finally gets promoted but has to share her spot… “...Kyle Drake was smart, experienced, and probably just as good, if not better, in negotiations. And if she wasn’t careful, prove he could do the job without her. Add in good-looking and an incredibly sexy smooth talker, and everyone in the office either wanted to be him or sleep with him. Which Sarah could have totally ignored if he hadn’t been the stranger she’d married in Vegas during a fake ceremony six months earlier...”
- The Dugout by Meghan Quinn <— BASEBALL STAR ALERT!! “…That injury has cost me everything; my starting position, my junior year—and the draft. Now, I’m a senior fresh off recovery, struggling to find my groove, until the day I run into a nervous, fidgety, girl with freckles, in the dining hall. They call Milly Potter The Baseball Whisperer, The Diamond Wizard, and The Epitome of All Knowledge. She believes in baseball. She breathes it. She’s the queen of an infamous dynasty, but no one actually knows who she really is, and she plans to keep it that way…” Cheryl is enjoying this one!
Cheryl: Ok, just finishing The Dugout (which is sweet, funny and so enjoyable, but I’m a little afraid that some angst is coming up).
- ROCK F*CK CLUB (Girls Ranking the Rock Stars Book 4) by Michelle Mankin <— LIVE!! MICHELLE MANKIN ALERT!! “…Can she get her contract changed? If she can’t will she lose the rock star she wants to keep? And what about the next season of RFC? Who will be the next star?..”
- Instant Attraction (Wilder Book 1) by Jill Shalvis <— JILL SHALVIS SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings Vols 1-5 Complete Series Set by Bink Cummings <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Magic Chase (Hidden World Academy Book 2) by Sadie Moss
- Anything Goes (A Standalone Novel) by A.C. Taylor
- Speechless by Kay Elle Parker <— DARK READ ALERT!! RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!
Kylie: I read it in a day. It’s heavy for a romance and intense, given the subject matter. Definitely a warning to go at the start of any review as the heroine has experienced physical and psychological abuse and torture in her backstory.
A couple of times I find the pace slowed, but overall I enjoyed the book. Not your typical romance due to the subject matter and there’s a BDSM daddy/little girl flavour to it – so might not be for everyone.
Loved the humour when it cropped up. The secondary characters were great – would read Cain’s story in a flash. Saw the epilogue ending coming a mile off. Hope this is just the first in this series.
Christina: Ohhh I want this!!
- The Italian by T.L. Swan <— MARY ANN & NANCY LOVED IT!!
Mary Ann: Hi Maryse. I just finished The Italian by TL Swan and I have to tell you about it because it’s in my head and taking too much space. I believe you call it book funk! What do I read now? I know it will take at least 5 books of beginning and end before my funk will go away.
This book was awesome!!! A 5 stars!!! It had twist and turns I didn’t expect. Its about an Italian guy who didn’t know he is Mafioso and a traveling Australian who had a wonderful week together but tragedy happened. They separated ways but never really forgetting each other until they see each other again. The guy is hot! And when he makes up his mind he sticks to it. The girl is a good girl with a good head. I am not making a good job describing the story. But I am telling you it’s awesome! There was a Madam and for a second I thought he will make the wrong decision. Almost!!!
Nancy: THE ITALIAN by TL Swan!! This book is sooooo…GOOD! 550 pages of awesome!! This author has TWO books in the top 100 on Amazon! The other is The Stopover (The Miles High Club) & ANOTHER 5* BOOK!!
- Nome-o Seeks Juliet (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance Book 2) by Katy Regnery <— KATY REGNERY RECENT RELEASE & MICHELE G LOVED IT!! P.S. I read book #1 (Single in Sitka (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance Book 1) and LOVED it!!
Michele G: Over the weekend, I read an ARC of Katy Regnery’s Nome-o Seeks Juliet. It’s the second one in the Odds-Are-Good series and I’ve enjoyed both of them. They are all standalone books with the common factor being that they are tied to personal/classified ads being placed by men from Alaska. This one had a little bit of the Vixen and the Vet feel to it (just a little).
Absolute 5 star read for me….Cody will capture your heart ❤️
The titles and covers are light and fun but the books really do involve serious issues, have steamy scenes and sometimes heartbreaking decisions. I 5 starred this one and 4 1/2 starred Single in Sitka – which was the first one in the series.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)
- ASHLEY ENJOYED THESE!!
Ashley: This week I listened to a few audiobooks including:
Drowning Erin by Elizabeth O’Roark (super angsty but super good!) and
44 Chapters About 4 Men by BB Easton which made me laugh out loud a lot.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Havoc at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys Book 1) by C.M. Stunich – November 9th 2019
- Insatiable by Melanie Harlow – November 11th 2019
- Tracking Tahlula (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha) (On Call Book 3) by Freya Barker – November 12th 2019
- Love You Now (Love Hurts Duet Book 2) by M. Robinson – November 12th 2019
- Dragon Unleashed (The Fallen Empire Book 2) by Grace Draven – November 12th 2019
- Violent Triumphs (White Monarch Book 3) by Jessica Hawkins – November 12th 2019
- The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy Book 1) but Meghan March – November 12th 2019
- Trying to Score (Hot Jocks Book 3) by Kendall Ryan – November 12th 2019
- Queen of the Conquered (Islands of Blood and Storm Book 1) by Kacen Callender – November 12th 2019
- Pretty Hostage by Julia Sykes – November 12th 2019
- No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery Book 3) by Ellie Kay – November 12th 2019
- My Bare Lady (Scorned Women’s Society Book 1) by Piper Sheldon – November 12th 2019
- Special Delivery (Always Satisfied Book 5) by Lauren Blakely – November 13th 2019
- Conheartists by K. Webster & J.D. Hollyfield – November 14th 2019
- Iron Crowne by C.D. Reiss – November 15th 2019
- The Rebel King (All the King’s Men Duet Book 2) by Kennedy Ryan – November 17th 2019
- Pinky Promises by Deana Birch – November 18th 2019
- Cathedral by Addison Cain – November 18th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).