HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I’m heading into my wet long “Christmas vacation” as of the end of this day, so all next week, I will be reading, cooking, lighting my Christmas-smelling candles, and hanging out with all of you. 😀 I’M SO EXCITED!! I think I’m going to try baking Keto desserts for the first time.
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 1 year ago today, these were Kathy’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Kathy’s Best Books of 2019 List
- 2 years ago, these were Jan’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Jan’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 3 years ago today, these were R. Renee’s favorites: Reader Favorites – R. Renee’s Top 10 Favorite Books for 2017!
- 7 years ago today, an exclusive interview!! I’ve been sent an exclusive interview with Alice Clayton about “The Redhead Plays Her Hand”!
- 8 years ago today, I read this SUPER-ANGSTY Colleen Hoover book that became the #1 NYT BEST SELLER!! Book Review – Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
- 8 years ago yesterday, I developed a serious RUSH CRUSH! Book Review – Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
- 9 years ago tomorrow, Thoughtless was finally available on Kindle! NEWS!! Thoughtless. Finally On Kindle. YAY!!
- 11 years ago today, I 4.5 STAR LOVED this one! Book Review – Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄☃️!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 3 months for a super-bargain US, Canada and UK!! 😀
➔➔➔ AUDIBLE SUPER-DEAL for the first 6 months! Robin found us this one!!
- The Relationship Pact by Adriana Locke <— LIVE!! FAKE RELATIONSHIP ALERT!! “…How hard can it be? That was the question rolling around Larissa Mason’s mind just before she asked Hollis Hudson to be her fake boyfriend. It was only supposed to be for five minutes, after all. Granted, that was also before she felt his hand on the small of her back as he charmed the heck out of her family. And it was definitely before she saw the football god shirtless...”
- Plants You Can’t Kill: 101 Easy-to-Grow Species for Beginning Gardeners by Stacy Tornio <— I JUST ONE-CLICKED THIS ONE!! YAY ME!!! Since I’m all into landscaping right now, I’m going to use this book to help me!! 😀 “...it doesn’t matter how many plants you’ve killed in gardens past. It’s time to put those experiences behind you and finally grow something in your empty and bare spots. This is the only gardening book you’ll ever need with more than 100 plant picks for every situation. You want veggies? We have ’em. You need to fill a big space? We have shrub ideas for you. You just want something pretty? We have plenty of that, as well…“
- Personal Foul: A Sports Office Standalone Romance by Brooke O’Brien <— LIVE!! SHE’S THE COACH’S DAUGHTER!! “…When he’s traded to the Miami Blaze, his focus is on one thing—winning. But when he helps a fiery redhead fight off a mugger, he can’t deny the sparks between them. Although she tries, neither can she. Too bad she’s his new coach’s daughter...”
- Boys Of King Academy (Boys of King Academy Series) by Louise Rose <— REVERSE HAREM SERIES BUNDLE!!
- Craving You by Sophie Stern <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
- The Seahorse Cottage: The Complete Series by Coral Harper <— SERIES BUNDLE!!
- Good With His Hands (Good In Bed Book 1) by Lauren Blakely & Lili Valente <— LIVE!!! ROAD TRIP!!! “...I’m the wrong guy for her. She’s sunshine and cherry pie. I’m whiskey and fast cars. I’m also keeping one hell of a secret from the woman I’ve wanted for years. But when I find a list my sister left behind for Ruby, I’ve got no choice but to offer the sexy, big-hearted girl next door both a road trip and a chance…”
- Taming a Texas Rascal (Bad Boy Ranch Book 6) by Katie Lane <— LIVE!!
- Please Stay for Me (The Brotherhood Series) by M.W. McKinley <— LIVE!!
- Forever Moore (Moore Family Book 1) by Frankie Page <— LIVE!!
- Their Midnight Kisses: Contemporary Reverse Harem (Kiss & Tell Book 2) by Anita Maxwell <— LIVE!!
- Pit Stop: A Small Town Single Mom Romance (Midland Springs Book 3) by Joanne Ganci <— LIVE!!
- Billionaire’s Captive: Complete Trilogy by Stasia Black and Lee Savino <— TRILOGY BUNDLE!! “... a story of love, loss, surrender, and rebirth told in three parts, now complete in this trilogy collection. Come get lost in the story of the beauty and the beast that pursues her…”
- Texas Tornados Boxed Set 1-3: Sports Romance by Britney Bell <— BOOK BUNDLE!!!
- Santa’s Naughty Helpers: A Christmas Themed Anthology
- Stiff Drink: Arthur Duet #1 and Hard Liquor: Arthur Duet #2 by Blair Babylon <— BLAIR BABYLON ALERT!! MONY ENJOYED THIS DUET!!
Mony: Stiff Drink & Hard Liquor by Blair Babylon have an HR vibe (H is an earl) …It’s longish – reminds me of Rosalind James…but I thought the story was very good.
- The Villain: A Billionaire Romance by L.J. Shen <— LIVE!! BACK ON TODAY’S LIST ‘CAUSE WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! HE’S CRUEL & COLDHEARTED BUT SHE NEEDS HIS HELP (though it comes with a price…) “…The price for the money, it turns out, is my freedom. Now I’m the eldest Fitzpatrick brother’s little toy. To play, to mold, to break. Too bad Cillian forgot one, tiny detail. Persephone wasn’t only the goddess of spring; she was also the queen of death...”
Austin: I read it yesterday as soon as it showed up. Excellent as all your books have been.
Nancy: I grabbed that one!
- Connection (Temptation Series Standalones Book 2) by K.M. Golland <— LIVE!! HER PRINCE CHARMING NEVER SHOWED UP… but HE did… “...I wanted the prince, the castle, the fairy-tale wedding, and maybe seven dwarfs to call my own. I went to school, studied hard, and graduated to become a teacher, all the while waiting patiently for my Prince Charming to come along and sweep me off my feet. But he never came; Will Butler did instead. Live Trepidation drummer. Rude, crude, obnoxious plumber. Will certainly didn’t fit my perfect Prince Charming mould...”
- Boston Brawlers Hockey Romance 3-Book Set by Stephanie Queen <— SUPER-BARGAIN BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Phantom: An Alpha Male MC Biker Romance (Steel Knights Motorcycle Club Romance Book 1) by Ivy Black <— LIVE!!
- Wild Abandon Special Edition: with Bonus Holiday Novella! by Jeannine Colette <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! NANCY found it for us and loves this one!
Nancy: …Two different people, coming from different worlds with dissimilar interest. Yet fate set in and their paths have crossed. This is a slow-burn romance, with plenty of sexual frustration. Beautiful writing by Jeannine Colette, and the two of them falling in “olive juice” and if you want to know what I mean by that, you must read the book! Highly recommended!!
- Shax’s Destined Mate (Hells Gateway MC Book 2) by Liz Knox & Emera Rose <— LIVE!!
- Rival : A Revenge & Legacy Prequel by M.C. Cern <— LIVE!!
- The Best of Winter Renshaw – An 8 Book Collection by Winter Renshaw <— WINTER RENSHAW BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!! “...a limited-edition collection of bestsellers and fan favorites! Included in this box set are the following full-length, standalone romance novels: 1. Royal 2. PS I Hate You 3. Cold Hearted 4. The Cruelest Stranger 5. The Perfect Illusion 6. Heartless 7. Pricked 8. Love and Other Lies These contemporary romances are full of Winter’s signature angst, steam, drama, twists, and happily-ever-afters and can be read in any order.“
Jenn: …this book blew me away. It was my first from this author- Pricked by Winter Renshaw. AMAZING
Leslie M: Heartless by Winter Renshaw …Its got a jerky hero and I know a lot of us love those! 😉
- Karolina Dalca, Dark Eyes (The Dark Eyes Series) by M. R. Noble <— LIVE!! SHE’S HALF VAMPIRE!!! “...Blindsided by an attack that destroys her home and blamed for murder, Karolina Dalca, a half-vampire, escapes, only to plunge into the magical societies from which she was sheltered…” P.S. She’s today’s newsletter sponsor so check out this fun feature post: M. R. Noble’s Karolina Dalca, Dark Eyes is LIVE & we have an excerpt + an interview with the author herself!
- Virgin River (A Virgin River Novel Book 1) by Robyn Carr <— LOVE THE TV SERIES? I hear the books are even better! 😀
Ana: Oh my god I’m addicted to Virgin River. Are the books any good?
Janie: I was wondering this same thing. I’m just about done with season 1 and thought about reading the books! Maybe I’ll give them a try too, I do love me a good small town romance!
Jan: I have read some of the books and actually preferred them to the show. Try the books – I’d say you will enjoy them if you liked the show.
Leslie M: I loved Virgin River series!! …I have read up to #15 and loved them all. This is small town series with each book highlighting different couple. However, old couples make reappearances and I highly recommend to read in order.
Michele H: My wish is to get the whole Virgin River collection signed by Robyn Carr.
Lisa: …all of the main characters served in the military – Marines, Army & I think Air Force – been a while since I read them.
Angie: Robyn Carr’s Virgin River series Marines! YUMMY!! They are not to be missed…each one gets sweeter and hunkier and hotter!!!
- Rocket Science by Emily Mayer <— SLOW BURN ALERT!! JACKIE LOVED IT!
Jackie: I decided to read Rocket Science by Emily Mayer. Even before I started I gave myself permission to give up after a couple chapters-I wasn’t really sold on this one. But what a delight this turned out to be.
Definitely a slow burn and a single character point of view, we get a lot of character development. But I loved Lennon. I loved that she embraced her nerdiness and had great friends that surrounded her. If you missed this one, definitely pick up if you need a feel good story.
Janie: Thank you! I’m buying it now. I love everything I’ve read by her so far.
Mony: Glad you liked it! Like Emily Mayer’s writing. Only read Everything Girl so far (so many books to read LOL). I recommend it to all my book friends and they’ve all loved it. I must read Rocket Science soon!
Jacki: I immediately downloaded Everything Girl, going to continue on with this author! Glad you are recommending it.
- North Star Angel: A YA Friends to Lovers Holiday Romance by Mila Nicks <— LIVE!! FRIENDS TO LOVERS!! “…she’s on a cross-country quest to right a wrong. Accompanying her is ex-best friend, Mason Wright. Mason’s on a mysterious journey of his own as he makes his way to California. Wounds old and new are opened between the friends throughout their travels, including some feelings they thought no longer existed...”
- Flow (Detroit Sports Network Book 2) by Liz Crowe
- Scout: A Dark Sci-Fi Alien Romance (Delta Sydra Storm Book 1) by Rhea V. May
- Never Have I Ever: Best Friend’s Brother Romance (Game of Hearts) by Liv Hendrix
- Cherry Lips: The Complete Rock Star Romance Series Box Set by Athena Wright
- Long Shot (HOOPS Book 1) by Kennedy Ryan <— KENNEDY RYAN SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Nancy & Cheryl recommend it!
Cheryl: Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan. For a “sports” story it was angsty. Reminded me of how I felt reading Thoughtless. …When I say felt like when reading Thoughtless, I mean the angst of love and relationships/love triangles and damn a sh!tload of complications/roadblocks to that love.
Nancy: This is not always an easy book to read as there is domestic violence. But there also is some life lessons. Sometimes when you reach a crossroad in life you need to decide which of the roads to follow…
- Shadowborn Academy: The Full Collection by G. Bailey & Scarlett Snow <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “Shadowborn Academy is a Dark Reverse Harem Paranormal Fae Romance for 18+. In this world, not even the shadows can be trusted…“
- RELENTLESS: An Option Zero Novel by Christy Reece <— LIVE!!
- First Addition: Hemlock Academy Book 1 by Kelsey Soliz <— LIVE!!
The Book of Hook: A Fairy Never After Book by Amy Cook <— LIVE!!
- Redeemed: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (The Fallen Duet Book 2) by Andréa Joy <— LIVE!!
- The Ace and The Assistant: An Accidental Pregnancy Sports Romance (New Orleans Revelers Book 2) by Jiffy Kate <— LIVE!!
- Play You: A Second Chance/Single Dad Romance (Rebel Ink Book 4) by Tracy Lorraine <— LIVE!!
- Witchcraft Ridge: A Reverse Harem Western Romance (The Trail to Oblivion Book 1) by Katelyn Beckett <— SHE’S ON THE RUN!! “...I tried to save them from certain death. In turn, they want me dead. Necromancy is an affront to the god my town worships, but I didn’t have any other choice. The doctor up and died in front of me. What was I supposed to do? Leave my friends and family without someone to fix remedies? Besides, I’d spent years using my powers to nudge the dying back to life, how was this any different? This time I got caught. Now I’m on the run, trying to make it to a place where folks don’t know my face or my name. Yet when I arrive, all the doors are shut and the windows barred. Here there are vampires…”
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
➔➔ AUDIBLE SUPER-DEAL for the first 6 months! <— Robin found us this one!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Everspell: A Kindred Novel (The Kindred Book 5) by Donna Grant – December 21st 2020
- Take Me Away (Southern Bride Book 6) by Kelly Elliott – December 22nd 2020
- Let It Be: A Butler, Vermont Novel by Marie Force – December 24th 2020
- The Perfect Neighbor (A Jessie Hunt Psychological Suspense Thriller—Book Nine) by Blake Pierce – December 25th 2020
- The Perfect Disguise (A Jessie Hunt Psychological Suspense Thriller—Book Ten) by Blake Pierce – December 25th 2020
- Betray Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite Book 2) by Selena – December 27th 2020
- He Saw Me First (Age & Innocence Book 1) by M Johnson – December 28th 2020
- The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher – December 29th 2020
- Forsaken Trail (Runaway Book 4) by Devney Perry – December 29th 2020
- Her Wicked Marquess (The Sinful Wallflowers Book 2) by Stacy Reid – December 29th 2020
- Hard to Hold (The Play Hard Series Book 2) by K. Bromberg – December 31st 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!