HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Today’s list is FULLY loaded (30 of ’em!!) with plenty of tried-and-true reader recommendations for us (one, below, has a title that had us shocked and giggling, but supposedly it’s really good!!!), some new releases and some super bargains!
P.S. I’ll add more as we find ’em. 😉
P.P.S. If you’re still in Christmas shopping mode, Amazon assures us there’s still plenty of time to order and get what you need, shipped on time! I AM still in shopping mode, and so this makes me happy. 😉 *phew* And also, the “KINDLE UNLIMITED” subscription is still on sale right now! !!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND !!
- What the Hail (The Hail Raisers Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE’S LATEST IS LIVE!! This one sounds SO goooood! He towed her car, and made her cry… and then he felt bad and comforted her… *sigh* “...She’s wanted him since he patted her back and told her it was okay to cry even though she knew he was lying. Nothing ever goes right for Lark. Not when she got married. Not when she tried to leave her abusive husband, and not when she arrived in a new town with a fresh, clean slate…”
- Room Mates (The Series) by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! And I. Mean. SUPERBARGAIN!!! “Get ready for 4 complete friends-to-lovers rom-com standalones.”
Ashley: The House Mate by Kendall Ryan, another one that I really enjoyed…
- Thresholds (The Walsh Series Book 8) by Kate Canterbary <— LIVE!!! The latest in The Walsh series. And here’s the series order
Katherine: “I really, really liked this entire series. I think that there is the perfect amount of “angst” – no ugly cry, but enough to feel for the characters. And of course, there is good sexy fun to be had in these books.”
- CowSex by Lesley Jones <— TEE HEE!!! Yes… we’re giggling over the title, but also hearing this has a KA feel!!! 😀
Debbie: You have to read CowSex by Lesley Jones. Regardless of the title, I promise no bovines were hurt in the book. It starts off similar to Kristen Ashley’s Book, The Gamble, but it is funny and sweet. …It was what ended my reading rut.**blushes** Pardon the pun. It is NOT about beastiality,and I loathe to admit I read a book with such a terrible title, but I needed something funny after watching the news. The magic doesn’t begin until she gets to America. The title is explained. I’ll give it 4 to 4.5 stars because I thought it was rushed in a couple of places.
MichelleS: I’m afraid to put “Cowsex” into any search engine or even Amazon! GAH! You must give me some more details…. I can’t believe you were brave enough to read a book with that title. LOL.
Amy: Try Cowsex?!? Debbie wins the comment of the day!! Bahahahahaha!!!!!
Nay: So I’m going to ask my new ‘most important question’–Is Cowsex dual POV?
Maryse: Oh I’m with Nay!!! POV? I’d rather it be just from one cow. Especially the “she” cow.
Grey: Probably the funniest question taken out of context ever… “Is Cowsex dual POV?” *bwahahaha*
Debbie: I know you may have some…reservations…kinky thoughts….weird vibes about a book with that title, there is a funny explanation. It is similar to KA’s The Gamble. Gracie comes to Colorado for a long vacation, not realizing that her rental should have been cancelled, but that is really the only similarity. This book is warm, funny, and sexy. It’s about two complete strangers who meet from different worlds and just click. I wish I could meet these characters in real life. The story seems effortless and has to be one of my favorite reads this year. … Lol! I think I liked Cowsex because it fits in with all of the Hallmark movies I’ve been watching. I needed something light and different from the usual tropes.
Kandace: I just downloaded Cowsex. I passed earlier on it because of the title.
- Red Hot Christmas by K. Larsen & Mara White <— A CHRISTMAS TREAT JUST WENT LIVE FOR US!!!!! Mara White and K. Larsen’s latest, and it’s super-bargain priced!! She’s a high powered executive and he’s a sexy janitor that’s getting famous on social media… and then she gets locked in the basement. 😉 “…She’s a tightly wound, high-powered executive and he’s a janitor in the maintenance department. Amber is busy planning the Christmas party for her firm, while Frankie’s muscles are quickly earning him Internet stardom. On Christmas Eve, the temperature skyrockets, leading Amber to investigate the problem. Restricted access elevators leave her locked in the basement with nothing but a bottle of Fireball and a plastic cup full of red hots...”
- Kairos by Mary Calmes <— M/M ROMANCE
- Vampires in America: The Vignettes – Volume 2 by D.B. Reynolds
- Christmas Forever (The Inn at Sunset Harbor—Book 8) by Sophie Love
- Team Player: A Sports Romance Anthology by Adriana Locke, Charleigh Rose, Ella Fox, Emma Scott, Kate Stewart, Kennedy Ryan, L.J. Shen, Mandi Beck, Meghan Quinn, Sara Ney <—- HOLY MOLY AUTHOR AWESOMENESS ALERT!!!!!!! “The good news? Eleven bestselling authors have gathered to give you a set of stories focused on the men we love most—sports heroes. We bet you’ll love this thick…book. The bad news? The men in these novellas don’t actually exist…” <— LOL!!! 😛 BRATS!!!
R: For anyone waiting for Team Player, it just went live!
- The Heart That Breaks by Inglath Cooper <— LIVE!! SHE WANTS TO MOVE TO NASHVILLE… but “…when up and coming songwriter Nathan Hanson strikes up a conversation with her in their senior Lit class one afternoon, Ann-Elizabeth knows full well the foolishness of adding something else to her life that she will never be able to keep…“
- It Must’ve Been the Mistletoe by L.P. Dover <— LIVE!! TIME TRAVEL CHRISTMAS LOVE STORY??!! “…A week before Christmas, Adeline is all set for her best friend’s wedding, even though she dreads having to go to it alone. But when she’s given a Christmas wish that could change her future forever, she’s whisked away to the past, to a completely different place and time. It’s also when she meets him, William Blair, the man who steals her heart…”
- Her First Kiss: Londons story (Firsts series Book 1) by MJ Fields <— LIVE!!! THEY’VE HAD A TUMULTUOUS CONNECTION ALL OF THEIR LIVES… “Having experienced a lifetime’s amount of loss and love under the spotlight of her stepfather and stepbrother’s rock and roll stardom, London Fields decides now is her time to shine. Leaving for college with a clear focus and big dreams around her musical theater major, she is ready to take on the world … under an assumed name. Protecting her identity will allow her the freedom to experience life and maybe love for the very first time…”
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur <— #1 ON AMAZON RIGHT NOW!!! Soooo…. what’s the deal with this book? Has anyone read it yet? It’s all the rage ’cause it’s #1 on Amazon right now, and I keep seeing it mentioned. A book of poems? The cover and title haunt me… I’m curious!!
Kate: I read it because of all the hype and was very Meh about it. The last chapter had a few pages that I related with, but for the most part it wasn’t my cup of tea.
Megan: I loved it!!! If you don’t find her story relatable then I could see why some people wouldn’t like it though.
Kate: It’s a quick read for sure, so worth it just to check it out and see what the hype is about.
- The Beast Within (Conversion Book 5) by S.C. Stephens <— LIVE!!! S.C. STEPHENS ALERT!!! Vampire family and I believe these have to be read in order. 😉
- Never Again by <— LIVE!!! *WHOOPS* SHE’S WITH HER BOSS’S SON ALERT!!! “...Problems arise when the one Cora ‘gets under’ turns out to be the the son of the Director of Prosecution—her boss. Worse still, he’s young. Younger than Cora originally thought, and younger than she’s comfortable with…”
- Lord of The Isles (Zebra Historical Romance) by Debbie Mazzuca <— TIME TRAVEL & HIGHLANDER ALERT!! MichelleS loves it!
MichelleS: …Lord of the Isles, by Debbie Mazzuca. Time travel & highlander = yippee! Loved it. Always a favorite reread for me. I’m now feeling in a nostalgic mood for a good Highland Romance.
- Laird of the Mist (The MacGregors Book 1) by Paula Quinn <— HIGHLANDER HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! MichelleS also recommends this one!
MichelleS: Did you ever read Paula Quinn’s highlander novels? It starts with Laird if the Mist, and each story is a different couple, then the spinoff series is their kids! I adored these books!!! Best of the historicals for me!
- Collecting the Pieces by L.A. Fiore <— Kandace LOVED it!
Kandace: I read Collecting the Pieces by L A Fiore this week and I LOVED it. I couldn’t put it down. It had a little bit of everything I like in a book. I even cried a few times. I liked the h a lot. She was really strong and he… well, you’ll have to read it.
- Strung by Victoria Ashley <— HER MUSICIAN DREAM MAN ALERT!!! JUST RELEASED A FEW DAYS AGO and today it’s super-bargain priced!! “...He’s a master at getting whatever he wants with little or no effort at all and I can’t help but to hope he wants me. Micah is cocky with a body that screams trouble with every rock-hard muscle. He’s wrong in every way and… I’m completely strung...”
- Forever Christmas (The Forever Series Book 6) by Deanna Roy <— LIVE!! SOUNDS LIKE TEAR-JERKER SWEETNESS!!!! “…They tell mothers like me, a woman whose baby has died, that a new pregnancy will bring a rainbow baby. You know, the beauty after the storm. What they don’t say is how hard it’s going to be. How scary. How emotional. That at the lowest point, I will completely give up hope. I do have a saving grace. Several, in fact. Gavin...”
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— TAYLOR JENKINS REID SALE ALERT!!!!! This is her latest, much loved by many, and if you’ve been holding off due to the price, now’s your chance!!! (P.S. Here’s my review)
Grey: I’ve had 2 five stars this year, Mists of the Serengeti and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo. Both equally amazing in different ways.
R: best writing: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
Grey: Score one for me. I told R. she was going to love The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo… I know she worried and worried about it, but the writing was so freaking fabulous….
Leslie: The Seven Husbands book looks good despite it not being my usual thing. I am a bit nervous though as reviews said they cried..m TJR is typically a tearjerker. Hmmmm
- Mr. Hollywood (A Celebrity Novel Book 1) by Lacey Weatherford <— LIVE!! HOLLYWOOD STAR IS BROKEN... “Losing that love has only sent him careering into the crazy world of parties and substance abuse, as he tries to continue numbing his pain. However, just when things seem bleakest, life suddenly gives him the opportunity for a second chance. Faced with the prospect of seeing Aubrey again has set his heart racing…”
- Mr. Hollywood (A Celebrity Novel: Part Two Book 2) by Lacey Weatherford!!
- White Knights: A White Knights Novel (The White Knights Series Book 1) by by Julie Moffett <— Tasha found us this one!
Tasha: White Knights- it’s YA. I’ve read almost all of her Lexi Carmichael mystery series and thoroughly enjoyed those, so I’m looking forward to this too. Lexi is a geeky, socially awkward techy coder who has a great group of friends and a sexy, mysterious love interest, who always has a big, dangerous mystery to solve.
- It’s Complicated (Awkward Love Book 1) by Missy Johnson <— LIVE!! HER NEIGHBOR CAUGHT HER “WATCHING” HIM… 😉 “Nick Jenson is my neighbor. My hot, oh-so-sexy, very-well-equipped neighbor that I’d spend hours watching from the safety of my bedroom window. I saw lots of things I probably shouldn’t have…”
- Roomies by Christina Lauren <— CHRISTINA LAUREN RECENT RELEASE and now we have feedback! GAH!! I love the premise of this one!
Kandace: Roomies by Christina Lauren was great too. It was probably my fav book written by this duo. I’m a sucker for this trope.
- BEAST by Pepper Pace <— A TAKE ON BEAUTY & THE BEAST ALERT!!! Patty recommends it!
Patty: Here goes my first ever post on this fabulous website that has been my go to place for book recommendations. I love this list! My number one all time favorite book of all time (Did I say that already?) has to be Beast, by Pepper Pace. It’s a “beauty and the beast” type of story with a Heroine who is on her own journey towards health, and a hero, Beast, who helps her on her journey. I’ve read and listened to this book countless times.
- Full Tilt by Emma Scott <— TEAR-JERKER AWESOMENESS ALERT!! Teri just discovered one of our favorites!! 😀
Teri: I know I’m changing the subject here but last night I finished reading FULL TILT and I have to admit I cried UGLY tears – ugly, sobbing, heart wrenching tears! I’m in recovery mode and trying to find my ‘happy’ place. Sigh
Maryse: YESSSS!!! Teri I LOVE that book SO HARD. Read the follow up. Just as amazing. <3
- A Charm of Finches (Venery Book 2) by Suanne Laqueur <— ROBYN SAYS I NEED TO READ THIS NOW!!! P.S. I believe her, ’cause I read the first book (An Exaltation of Larks (Venery Book 1) and LOVED IT like crazy. What am I waiting for?
Robyn: I need you to know about my latest read. A Charm of Finches by Suanne Lacquer. You need to give this book more attention Girl! It is the second book in the series. An Exaltation of Larks (Venery Book 1) was first. ACOF could be read as a standalone but you will be missing out if you don’t read AEL first. Anywhoos, this book….gah….first off I’m not a real M/M fan unless the words are written exquisitely. A real heartfelt, deep moving story with substance. This book had it all. Man Suanne Lacquer can write! I felt I lived every moment with her characters. I want to meet them after reading all her books and say, message received, give me a hug and live the best You. Can I be your friend? ACOF deals with a topic I really knew nothing about…male rape. This is a must read, it’s so empowering.Thanks for letting me decompress on you. LOL. It was a great book as are all SL’s books. The only other M/M book I’ve read up there with this one is Wolfsong by TL Klune.
- Left Drowning (Left Drowning Series Book 1) by Jessica Park <— JESSICA PARK ALERT!!! Cindy recommends it!
Cindy: I noticed that Left Drowning by Jessica Park is currently a Prime read and I would definitely recommend it to our fellow readers.
Neharika: I insist You have to read this book please
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Memory Man by David Baldacci <— Kooloo is listening to this one!
Kooloo: I’m listen to Memory Man by David Baldacci it’s about a former footballer that takes a hit and comes back from the dead with Hyperthymesia aka perfect memory recall… then becomes the perfect detective who looses all family violently… then gets called back to duty as a consultant on a high school mass murder… its all very uplifting KIDDING. But Baldacci knows how to write gritty thrillers and narrator voice is very befitting.
- The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley – December 19th 2017
- Brave (Contours of the Heart Book 4) by Tammara Webber – December 19th 2017
- Cowboy Up (The Coming Home Series Book 3) by Harper Sloan – December 19th 2017
- Our Broken Love by Terri Anne Browning – December 19th 2017
- Sinful Empire (The Anti-Heroes Collection Book 3) by Meghan March – December 19th 2017
Tessa: I pre-ordered Sinful Empire. The series is stupidly insane. I’m loving it.