Three more sleeps, my friends. THREE. MORE. SLEEPS!!!!! It’s almost CHRIIIIIIIISTMAAAASSSSSSS!!!!
But until then, we can shop, wrap, shop, cook, prep, and maybe even…. read!!!!! And in case you’ve got time to read, here are some reader recommendations that might just tickle your holiday fancy. 😉
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND !!
- How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours AND!!! How to Date a Douchebag: The Failing Hours by Sara Nay <— SARA NEY DOUCHBAG BOOKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! 1 AND #2 are super-bargain priced right now and I LOVED #1 (and still need to read #2). YAY US!!!! P.S. Here’s my review of #1
- True (Temptation Series Book 6) by Ella Frank <— ELLA FRANK’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! A new steamy M/M romance to enjoy from her “Temptation” series!! Series reading order
- The Coppersmith Farmhouse (Jamison Valley Book 1) by Devney Perry <— KA FEEL ALERT!! Colleen is LOVING IT!!
Colleen: Big *hug* for the ‘The Coppersmith Farmhouse’ rec. I’ve gotten totally sucked down the rabbit hole with this series and it’s solved my big-time book slump. It also makes me want to book a vacation to one of those fancy clamping spots in Montana, Wyoming, etc. Hah!
- Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar <— OMG OMG OMG!!!! One of my favorite authors is having a super-bargain sale RIGHT. NOW!!!! ON ALL of her books (and I LOVED SO MANY of them!!!) and here’s my reviewof this one!➔ Mists of The Serengeti
- ➔ The Paper Swan (p.s. here’s my review)
➔ 53 Letters For My Lover (P.S. Here’s my review)
➔ From His Lips: A 53 Letters Short Story (#1.5)
- Treacherous: Carter Kids #1 by Chloe Walsh <— HATE-TO-LOVE ROMANCE!!! Tessa just read this one!
Tessa: I ended up reading Treacherous. It wasn’t a bully book like I was expecting. I really enjoyed it, but it was more of a Hate to Love book (which I adore too, just not as much).
- A Different Blue by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON LOVE!!! Tessa reminds us!
Tessa: Amy Harmon’s A Different Blue blasted me with feels. You have got to read it. At one point I cried; I’m not going to lie. It just was so good and so emotional. *sighs* So good.
- American Hellhound (Dartmoor Book 6) by Lauren Gilley <— MichelleS recommends it!
MichelleS: Loved American Hellhound and that entire series! I agree that Gilley is an outstanding author, and you learn to live all these not-so-perfect people! Ghost & Maggie, especially!! It was a tough decision between this one & Undeniable by Sheehan, for me, because both were about paternal figures. Great year for this genre!
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!!!! Tasha is excited about this one!
Tasha: The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine is on sale TODAY only for 1.99 from 12.99. Totally 1-clicked!! Reese Witherspoon’s book club recently made this their book of the month. It’s supposed to be twisty and addictive…
- The Secrets We Carry (Wynter) by Jessica Sorensen <— A new one from Jessica Sorensen just went live!! She wants revenge… “…my story isn’t necessarily about me and Everette. It’s about me not wanting to need to be rescued. It’s about me wanting to be able to save myself and save others from breaking down because of the secrets they carry—because someone decided to hurt them. What I want is to help the women whose names are on the list I discovered…”
- How Not to Fall (The Belhaven Series) by Emily Foster <— One of my FAV authors (Aly Martinez) went CRAZY for this book, and her mini Facebook-rave has me convinced. The authors don’t know each other and she insists her love of this book is true and organic, and that WE will be hooked from the sample alone. She even warns us not to worry about the cover or the blurb… the story itself will HOOK us. Well then… I. AM. IN!!!!
- AND!!! Amazon is still having a big sale on many of their “Kindle-y” things like an awesome Kindle Unlimited membership, and actual Kindles (sales on their Fires and their Paperwhites, Echos, Firesticks and more!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Whore by Willow Aster – December 26th 2018
- Can’t Let Go (Callaway Cousins #5) (Callaways Book 13) by Barbara Freethy – December 26th 2017
- Twisted (The Steel Brothers Saga Book 8) by Helen Hardt – December 26th 2017
- Kane: I Am Alpha (Law of the Lycans Book 9) by Nicky Charles – December 26th 2017
- Moon Bound (LaRue Book 4) by Donna Grant – December 26th 2017
- The Pretender: Games People Play by HelenKay Dimon – December 26th 2017
- Beautiful Lawman: A Devil’s Rock Novel by Sophie Jordan – December 26th 2017
- Shelter (The Getaway Series Book 2) by Jay Crownover – December 26th 2017
- Dragon Reborn (Dragon Point Book 5) by Eve Langlais – December 28th 2017
Snow and ice storm here. Pleh! More snow for Christmas. Double pleh! 🙁
Leslie, snow for Christmas???? Magic.
My dog makes me laugh. She gets some wet food in the morn with her dry. I’d put her out then go to the kitchen to do it. I think now she has it in her head that coming back through the door is what brings the food. I can barely walk 2 steps away from the door before she is scratching again. Then she runs over to her bowl all happy, the looks around like where is it.
What kind of a dog is it?
She’s a mix. A dash of heeler, a sprinkle of lab, a bit of pointer.
I’m counting down, Christmas vacation starts sooo soon! I am so ready. *tosses tinsel and glitter and dances in the snow* I am ready!!!
Christmas vacation started here already. For some reason, the schools never have them at school on the Friday right before Christmas. They don’t go back to school until the 9th of January.
Also, good morning everyone. And yes, everyone. Read A Different Blue. It really was quite wonderful.
I read A Different Blue too, loved it! And I got my Mom hooked on Amy Harmon too. I think that was my first book of hers that I read.
We saw the baby this morning, all is well as far as she could tell me! So ready for these months to fly by now. Bc, while I love that we’re finally here and I’m so grateful to have him, pregnancy is not for me.
Ok, so Jasper vs. Harvey. No one else likes Harvey except for me…typical
Leslie, have you seen all the info on Hygge (sp?) The Danish way of getting through winter? I even got the little book when on sale but need to read it. It’s probably over talked about now, but I’ve been thinking about it.
I am going to do a little candle shopping cause I love candles in winter. Use my soft throw and favorite mugs more, when reading. I have some tea samples that will be fun to try ….though I like cold tea over hot.
Harvey is cute…..just not great association right now. BUT that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it, his peers will not even know the reference. Plus, it has good feeling to you. I love you are still trying out names because I am a dork and like to listen to people’s ideas and process.
Tasha…..what about Sherlock?
Honestly, to me, Harvey sounds old. Past all associations, it just sounds like an old person. :/
Lol, I like it still. 😛 But, no Sherlock or Bish, Benedict or Simon.
Hi guys! Been so busy, I’ve just been popping in but no time to comment!
Bev, thank you! You just reminded me I have to get my mom a candle. She loves them!
Tessa, I loved A Different Blue too! Everyone should read it!
Tasha, glad to hear all is well….I love the name Jasper. Or how about Jaeger? I know a little boy named Jaeger and he is the cutest!
I’m reading Dark Sexy Knight by Kate Regnery right now and totally loving it!!!!!!!
Merry Christmas to you all in case I don’t get back on here! Love you guys!
Maryse, still putting together my favs for 2017! I’ll get them to you eventually!
Yes please. 🙂 We want it!
Good afternoon ladies. It’s raining cats & dogs here in North Texas… and I need to go grocery shopping. I absolutely detest grocery shopping in the rain!
Maybe I’ll just finish A Charm of Finches instead? Why’d I wait? This book is twisting me up something awful.
I’m voting Jasper because all I can think about when I see “Harvey” is Weistein. Not a good year for the name Harvey.
I love the names Sasha or Mathias for a boy. My hubby made a twisted face when I suggested them. He wanted Seth. Neither of us got what we wanted!
I always thought Sasha a cute boys name, usually a nickname for Russian names, right?
I’m free!!!! *twirls and pulls everyone into the big group hug in the midst of all the glitter and confetti I’m raining down*
Wow, Tessa! That’s one helluva break! We only get 10 days and then it’s back to the grind, but I don’t care at this point, I so need it!
I haven’t read A Different Blue, sounds like I need to move it up my list.
Maryse, I will get you my list, but it will probably be next week… We can keep with the trend… Haha, I’ll be New Year’s Baby… Haha!
Speaking of babies…yay Tasha getting to see your little one, that is so exciting! Congrats again!
Tomorrow is cookie day here! To kick off my festivities…
1) I am already in my jammies!
2) it is going to be a fend for themselves night for dinner
3) I may or may not be drinking a little before 5pm (no judgment, it’s been a LONG week!)
Christmas break official today!! Borrows Grey’s glitter and twirls and throws it!!
Just about finished with Christmas shopping-few gift cards to pick up.
Tasha, I have a friend who’s son is named John Harvey (Harvey is the middle name).
1. About to brave Wal-Mart. Wish me well. Just in and out. Go man go.
2. Listening to Fairytale of New York. *sigh* Love their voices together.
3. I need a Christmas cookie.
GOOD LUCK bev!!!!!!
Heck no will I ever try and brave that mess alone. I’d LIKE to go the day AFTER Christmas but you know it’s gonna be chaos with the 75% off sales and the exchanges etc etc…
I know Walmart has Christmas cookies. While you’re there, you may as well… 😉
Insane. Just insane.
Hey those who shop the toy aisle? Is there a lot of toys types from Korea, Japan, and etc? These odd little squishy toys and a kitten that loves bananas? I was so tempted to buy that, cause kitten that loves bananas.
I’ve never heard of that. My niece this year said she wants barbies and Moana stuff. I did win an FB contest and got Belle and Beast dolls for her, as well as two signed books from BB Reid. 😀 😀 😀 But squishy cat bananas? Nope. You must take a pic!
Ooh you won a competition Tessa. Go you!
I did a little last min shopping this morning but yeah, it was in and out (mainly to pick up my xmas meat order from the butcher.) But by the time I left, I was starting to notice people cruising around the (full) shopping centre carpark with that strange, aggressive look in their eye. the next parking spot is MINE! their eyes say. A little scary.
1. Sitting in front of the air con (cos, summer!)
2. Gonna make some Christmas shortbread today 🙂
3. Going to see my sister on Boxing day and I can’t wait cos we don’t live near each other and I miss her.
1. Made a lot of christmas cookies.
2. Had friends over to eat cookies.
3. I ate A. LOT. of the frosted sugar cookies. Saved a few for the friends. 😉
1. I’m in some random Texas German town bar sipping cognac.
2. I had quail for dinner.
3. I NEED to be editing.
Hello Maryse and co.
Its been months and months since I posted.
I’m loving everyones top book lists. Great for the tbr top up.
It hasnt been a big book reading year for me (I wont even hit my Goodreads reading challenge) but eh! Life gets in the way sometimes.
Hope everyone has had a safe and happy year and is looking forward to over indulging
on Christmas day and then collapsing with a great book. Stay safe and Merry Christmas.
1) Its so hot here (in Australia) Im about to hit the beach for an evening swim
2) Ive just finished making my families recipe of prawn dip (so delicious).
3) I’ve got six glorious weeks off work to enjoy the summer and will be heading to Sydney!
I’ve been so MIA from reading and keeping up with everything! Happy Holidays everyone!
I’m still reading, but SLOWLY here and there. I’m halfway thru When Life Happened and this book is so good. It’s snarky, a little funny, a lot of angsty and SAD. First book that’s hit all of my buttons, EVER! Halfway thru.
I forgot cookies, but at another store found these mochi wrapped ice cream. Really good. I should of got the chocolate too.
1. I am currently listening to the kid sing Monster Mash. Now that it’s almost Christmas, he’s been listening to tons of Halloween songs.
2. It’s spare the air day today. It makes me kind of glad we don’t have a fireplace, because we couldn’t use it, and then close to Christmas, that would’ve sucked.
3. A friend, who is so close to me I consider her a sister, picked up Throne of Glass without me recommending it to her and is loving it!!! *twirls* I need glitter bombs people! 🙂
1.) there’s not a cloud in the sky & yesterday it rained all day. Welcome to Texas.
2.) I have last minute shopping to do & I swore I wouldn’t.
3.) I got an Amazon gift card from a friend & am thrilled to use it. I think the slump is over!
Tessa – who wouldn’t love Throne of Glass? It’s got EVERYTHING – romance, adventure, intrigue, fantasy!!!
1. Raining like crazy here (Suburbs of Philadelphia)
2. Finished up this morning getting gift cards, liquor, etc. Everything’s wrapped and I’m done! Headed to Xmas Party late afternoon.
3. My brother sent me $100 Amazon gift card….yay me!
1. I’ve done absolutely nothing today. I’m bored, yet I want to do nothing.
2. It’s my birthday tomorrow. I may or may not buy myself a special cupcake.
3. It snowed last night/this morning and there is supposed to be more to come! I’m never leaving. 😛
1.) I’ve been reading all day… in bed… in pajamas.
2.) I’ve also fertilized my baby citrus trees that I grew from seed.
3.) I’m hungry.
A Christmas Eve baby? We’ll remember tomorrow.
Congrats Jean and MichelleS for those cards. I should’ve asked for that. 🙂
Right, MichelleS? Who WOULDN’T love Throne of Glass?
The first two books in Sarah Ney’s How to Date a Douchebag series are on super sale! Only 99c for The Studying Hours and The Failing Hours.
I read The Studying Hours earlier this year and LOVED it, so I 1-clicked The Failing Hours so fast lol.
Also, Craving Sugar by Elena M. Reyes is only 99c. It was on a post back in October and sounds rather good.
Excellent find, Jen C!!!! I’m adding it. 😀
Don’t eat the fertilizer.
I went with a caprese salad. 😉
Tessa, every time I hear issues playing somewhere I now think of you, lol.
YES! 🙂 That makes me happy.
It’s someone’s birthday today.
Is it Tasha??
Darn my memory.
If so Happy Birthday, Tasha!!!
Happy Birthday, Tasha! And Merry Christmas Eve everyone! 🙂
Happy Birthday, Tasha!!!! And Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!!! *tosses glitter and confetti and tinsel* just because I am me, and I can!!!
Sending the best wishes out to my book family here, and I hope that you are all celebrating how you see fit! We are going to my bestie’s house in a bit for dinner and fun, but I’ve spent the morning playing the board game Risk with my children… Not much says ‘good tidings of joy and peace’ like a friendly game of world domination. *giggle*
Happy birthday Tasha!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Thank you Maryse for everything you do and for bringing us all together!!
Thank you gals!!! It’s my big 3 0 today. I told my Dad I felt much older and he sent me this…https://goo.gl/images/m6K8AG
I feel it adequately describes me. 😛
Went to brunch this morning and some last minute xmas shopping, sans kids, that I hadn’t planned on, but was fun anyway. Merry Xmas Eve to everyone!!!
I have a xmas party here shortly and then movie tonight with the kiddos new jammies and that’s all, but it’ll keep me plenty busy.
OMG Tasha is still a baby, you guys!!!!!!!!
*snuggles the adorably young 30-year-old*
Merry Christmas and Happy birthday my friend!!!!!!!! 😀
Happy birthday Tasha!
She is the baby of the blog group having a blog baby.
Name him Maurice. Maybe he will have a French accent and like romance books.
What is a pompatus of love anyway, Maryse?
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Birthday Tasha!
If she called him that, everyone would be yelling, Maurice, the bagettes, hurry up!
But he’d always be able to find a wild rumpus.
Merry Christmas, friends!!! Santa has arrived here!!! Woohoo! So exhausted but not sleepy, know what I mean? Gonna be along night, I think I think lol, waiting for my kids to wake up and decide they are ready to open their gifts yet. Sigh…
Happy, HAPPY birthday Tasha!!! *throws glittery fake snow cause the real stuff is too cold* Liam, Sam, Jasper…are we offering new baby names?!?!
And Merry Christmas to all…Santa baby is done and to all a good night!!!!
1. Santa cookies have lost their appeal this late at night…
2. I almost forgot to remove that stinking shelf elf
3. I am way too awake for 1:00 am in the morning
Merry Christmas guys!! I got up twenty minutes ago and put Maryse’s pot roast on and I AM DONE! Woo hoo! *throws confetti*
Merry Christmas everyone!!!! 😀
I’m giggling at the fact that R calls it “Maryse’s pot roast” *snort*
Now I’m hungry.
Merry Christmas everyone & happy 30th Tasha! Enjoy your day!
Thank ya all! And Merry Christmas to everyone here too! I announced the name as Jasper so there are no take backs, lol.
I got an air fryer for xmas, Maryse you must share some of the recipes you’ve used…I’ve not even deep fryed anything in probably 8 years, I have no idea what to do with it.
Oooh AND I got a box of specially decorated, tasty macarons. Sooo pretty and delicate. And an Amazon gift card! A yoga mat and block and some maternity clothes so my Mom can bribe me into going to dumb weddings (I hate wedding receptions). I want to read today so bad, the reading bug is back!! 😀
Who’s watching A Christmas Story today??
Tasha, your list is going up today!! 🙂 So it’s our “Christmas” favorites list. LOL!!
I have no recipes as of yet for the air fryer, ’cause I literally just use it as a convection oven for now. I’ve cooked frozen fries, chicken tenders, and fish sticks in it. And hot dogs. LOL!!!!
Loved ALL of it though. Oh! I also cooked two fresh chicken thighs in it (not breaded) and they turned out perfect. I’ve been trying to learn my Instant Pot (so that’s been my most used toy over the last week or two). Other than the Roomba of course. 😉
Merry Christmas! Hope you all have a wonderful day.
I do feel like reading today, maybe a Christmas miracle, lol. Just not sure what or when.
Since I haven’t been reading can I show a scene that gave me a swoon? If it let’s me post it?
They’ve only been best friends since childhood. He just got back into fighting and she can’t stand to watch. They are at the stage of just realizing it’s more. Well she knew but he is a bit of a dim one. Seriously. But cute and loyal.
Anyway big fight for him but she tells him she won’t go but to do well. He wins and then this happens.
bev, I’m going to read “Worth it” since everyone says it’s so funny you’ll laugh until you cry. For me I’d like to laugh until I wheeze. LOL!!!
I’m hoping this does it. Cover made me *blink blink* a couple of times, but with all those 5 star reviews and barely anything less than that, and all the comments about it, and it being super-bargain priced right now, I one-clicked it and decided I’m in the mood for that!
I just have been low in book swoon lately, lol. And this gave me that feel.
*takes deep relaxing breath*
The madness is over and it’s time to get back to reading!!
*sweeps up tinsel* I feel like I have kind of been in clean up mode all day. So sleepy. A great day was had by all. What took me days to wrap was an explosion in my living room in 28 minutes. Other than that… It’s been low key and awesome. I am just exhausted.
I hope that everyone has enjoyed their day however they see fit!