UPDATE: STILL WORKING ON THIS LIST 😉 Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Whoa, this list is only halfway there ’cause there were SO many new releases that went live over the last 24-48 hours, let alone the reader recommendations that I still have to load in, so keep checking back…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- VEN (The V Games Book 2) by K. Webster and Ker Dukey <— K. WEBSTER & KER DUKEY DARK READ ALERT!! Must be read in order… “…My future is already written: run the empire. Old Values. Old Rule. Old Money. Until her. Everything I do lacks purpose. Everything I do is empty. Women. Money. Power. It meant nothing. Until her. When the Volkov rose showed up at my home a disgraced package, hand-delivered by a Vasiliev prince, I began paving my own path. I vowed to make her bloom once more.…”
- Everything You Want Me to Be: A Novel by Mindy Mejia <— ONE OF AMY’S FAVORITES FROM LAST YEAR SUPER-BARGAIN!!!
Amy: Everything You Want Me to Be by Mindy Mejia is on sale..! It made my favorites list last year. …it left me satisfied that everything came to light yet on the verge of tears (the kind where you *need* to cry but just…can’t)
- Do Not Respond by M.R. Field <— SHE VENTED ABOUT HER HOT MEAN BOSS & SENT IT TO HIM!!! “...Ignore the butterflies that flutter as he stares back at you and concentrate on his condescending tone. I wish I’d listened. I wish I’d never drank my body weight in vodka and sent him a venting email, telling him exactly what I really thought about his Lycra-wrapped package and the way he makes my body hum. The last thing I needed was to break those DNR rules and send an email to my boss. Work is about to get a lot more interesting. What have I got myself into?
- Knowing You (The Cursed Series, Part 2) by Rebecca Donovan <— REBECCA DONOVAN ALERT!! PART TWO OF A SERIES (must be read in order)
- Game Misconduct: A Baltimore Banners Hockey Romance (The Baltimore Banners Book 11) by Lisa B. Kamps <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!! “Lori Evans isn’t the same young girl she’d been all those years ago when she first met the shy goalie. She’s older now, more mature and confident, with her feet planted firmly on the ground. Or so she thinks until Corbin shows back up. He’s not the same young man she’s dreamt of all these years: a little harder, more jaded, more cynical…and more tempting than ever. And he’s just as off-limits as before, maybe even more since her uncle is now the head coach for the Baltimore Banners…”
- Play Dirty (Jordan’s Game Book 4) by J.A. Huss <— J.A. HUSS ALERT!!
- Chasing Him (Bishop Brothers Book 3) by Kennedy Fox
- Anywhere With You by Christina Elle
- Carnage (Whispers From the Bayou Book 1) by Sandra R Neeley <— A PARANORMAL BAYOU and humans don’t know they exist. Fiona gives it a BIG thumbs up!
Fiona: Carnage (Whispers from the Bayou Book 1) by a new author that I came across Sandra R Neeley. Its about all these shape shifters that live near each other in secret in the Bayou; no humans know they exist…The heroine Carolena is trying to escape a couple of brothers who think that she is their woman; she was captured by these brothers. Carnage a Gargoyle finds her & saves her from these men; he cannot speak very well but he finds Carolena very witty, attractive and wants to keep her for himself. He takes her back to his little home in the Bayou where other mythical creatures/ shape shifters live such as Vampires, Gargoyles; misfits….
Enthrall is the vampire boss of the Whispers community & is fascinated also by this human Carolena; the story is very good with so many new characters that I cant wait to read future stories about.
I have never come across this author before but really like her writing & how Carolena & Carnage develop their relationship in spite of their obvious differences; a big thumbs up….
- Hammered (Dad Bod Contracting Book 1) by Jasinda Wilder <— JASINDA WILDER ALERT!! SEXY FIX-IT GUY COMPANY… “…It started with a window that was jammed shut. Pretty simple, right? All I wanted was to open the windows while I tidied the house. I’d been after my no-good husband to do it for months, but he never did. And then he shacked up with his secretary, leaving me with a pile of bills, husband-free for the first time in ten years, and with a house that was falling apart. The ad popped up on the side of my social media feed—a local contracting agency willing to do pretty much anything. Since I don’t really know a screwdriver from a ratchet, I gave them a call. And let me tell you, the ad was NOT lying...”
- Why Not Me? by Ashley Erin <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!! “Her once neat life is in turmoil as she’s caught between a past love and a current one. A choice between two men. One is her best friend and partner for the past six years. The other makes her heart race, but he left her shattered. One is safe, secure. The other is a risk she’s unsure she’s willing to take . . . again…”
- Kiss Me Back: The Panic by Sydney Halston <– I LOVE SYDNEY HALSTON & Leslie M 4.5 STARRED THIS!
Leslie M: I just finished Kiss Me Back, Sidney Halston and loved it. 4.5 ***
Carla: So. Good. Kiss Me Back had a huge swoony “thing” that I won’t tell you but…my heart! Sidney is back.
- The Line Below by Ali Dean <— COLLEGE SPORTS ROMANCE ALERT! Angela recommends it!
Angela: Ali Deans’ new na release The Line Below, is simply amazing!!!! I adore anything college/sports romance and this book nailed it again for me. I INHALED It! It’s nitty gritty competition and yummy addicting romance- and both are athletes!!!!
- Josie and Jack: A Novel by Kelly Braffet <— GASP!!!!! PSYCH-THRILLER SALE ALERT!!! A twisted relationship between brother and sister and OMG THIS BLURB!!!! “…Without a moral compass to guide them, Jack leads Josie into a menacing world of wealth, eroticism, and betrayal. He encourages her to seduce a local boy for his own ulterior motives—but reacts with fury when a bond grows between the two. As the two venture out into the wider world and Jack’s sociopathic tendencies emerge, Josie must decide which is stronger: the love and devotion she feels for her brother, or her will to survive.
Amy: Sale alert! Josie and Jack by Kelly Braffet is on sale…it sounds promising. *rubs hands together*
Maryse: OMG AMY!!!!! Josie and Jack sounds INCREDIBLE!! MINE!!!
- A Summer Scandal by Kat French <— SHE INHERITS A PIER & AN ARCADE “…When she meets hunky Calvin, inspiration strikes. What if she turned the arcade into an adult-themed arcade full of artisan shops? Not everyone in the town is happy with the idea, but Violet loves her arcade and business begins to boom. But as tensions worsen and the heat between her and Calvin begins to grow, life at Swallow Beach becomes tricky…”
- Ashes of the Sun (The Gathering of the Sun part 1) by A. Meredith Walters <— A. MEREDITH WALTERS ALERT! She was raised in a cult…
Talon: Just finished it today and it was a fantastic read!
- Jackal (The End of Men Book 2) by Tarryn Fisher & Willow Aster <— TARRYN FISHER & LORI SABIN’S LATEST!! THEY ARE THE ONLY MEN LEFT ON AND EARTH POPULATED WITH ONLY WOMEN... “Jackal Emerson has never taken himself seriously. Dubbed the “orgy king,” he’s renowned for his reputation as the wild End Man. But with the uprising on the horizon and his best friend missing, Jackal is having a hard time living the same carefree existence. And then he meets a thief and everything changes...”
- Bride to Keep: A Dark Reverse Harem by Alta Hensley & Maggie Ryan<— REVERSE HAREM & Fiona recommends it!
Fiona: Another good book by Alta Hensley & Maggie Ryan “Bride to Keep” is a reverse harem novel which I know is every second book out now; however this is a bit of a dark read about the H who is coerced to marry 4 brothers who have a notorious background in the mafia….they want to protect their sister & believe that the H is a bad influence on their baby sister so they basically kidnap her & their relationship transpires from here….a v good read as sometimes the reverse harem stories can get a bit stale… but this keeps you on your toes!
- Shameless King by Maya Hughes <— HE’S THE COLLEGE HOCKEY STAR, and they hate each other… and now they’re lab partners! “…She hasn’t just returned to my life, she crashed into it like a wrecking ball…into my college kingdom, into my class, and smack dab into the seat next to mine. My new lab partner to be exact. For years we hated each other… I may be King on the ice, but she is the Ice Queen. She has no problem calling me out…” P.S, You still have TWO days left to enter this contest!!! ➔ “Shameless King” by Maya Hughes is going live at midnight, and we’re having a giveaway!
- Whiskey Girl by Adriane Leigh <— He lost her and drowned his sorrows in his music and whiskey… ”…when the ghost of Augusta Belle Branson appears in his corner of another lonely dive bar late after dark, he’s forced to confront everything he thought he knew about that fateful night, and a few things he didn’t…”
- Second Chance (Chances Book 2) by BJ Harvey <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…when the man I’ve just agreed to marry, has his estranged wife and four-year-old daughter turn up on his doorstep, I’m not the only one reevaluating things. He didn’t plan for that—and I didn’t plan for my childhood sweetheart to return, wanting me back. Sometimes lemons can be sour, sometimes they can be sweet, and sometimes, all it takes is a second chance to make things right again…”
- Disgrace by Brittainy C. Cherry <— SHE WAS DESPERATE for her husband to come back to her, and then she met him… “…He was too closed-off for me, and I was too damaged for him. Everything was fine, until one night my heart skipped a beat. I didn’t expect him to make me laugh. To make me think. To make my sadness somewhat disappear. When our time was up, my heart didn’t know how to walk away…”
Leslie M: I gotta say, I am scardies of B. Cherry’s books. They are so gut wrenching. Despite my EPIC love for Behind the Bars, Idk if I can handle this one.
Jean: it’s B Cherry and I have loved every single one of her books!
- Anything For Love (The Bradens and Montgomerys: Pleasant Hill – Oak Falls Book 2) by Melissa Foster
- Unsteady by Elizabeth York
- Fixing Her by Miranda Elaine <— HE’S BACK IN TOWN… “…The innocent girl I left is gone, and in her place is a sassy single mom I can’t get out of my head. She’s hired me to fix her house, but I have other things in mind. She thinks I’m just a handyman. She thinks we’re only friends. She thinks I’ve never noticed her…”
- Tossing It: A Navy SEAL and Secret Baby Romance by Rachel Robinson <— OOOPS!! SHE BROKE ALL OF THE NAVY SEAL’S RULES!!!
As the primary caretaker for her mother, Malena spends her days planning parties and working at the Bronze Bay General Store. Her nights are spent at home, wishing for something more. When a SEAL base opens, a new, handsome face in town makes his presence known, but his affections come with rules.1.) Two forms of birth control2.) Never leave stuff at his place3.) Be content to never meet his family4.) Don’t fall in love with himWhen the unthinkable happens, and three of the rules are shockingly, and accidentally broken, lives are changed forever.
- Inconvenient Wife by Natasha Boyd <— NATASHA BOYD’S LATEST! “…Gwen has loved Beau Montgomery since she used to run barefoot around the marina as scrappy preteen tomboy. Knowing she’ll never fit into his high society family, she decided long ago that she’d become his indispensable best friend rather than not be in his life at all. When he tells her he needs to marry in order to fulfill his dreams, she panics that he might actually meet someone and she’ll lose him forever…”
- Coming Unplugged (Welcome to Carson Book 6) by Renee Harless <— ROCK STAR WANTS HIS BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND… “Ryker always felt that he lived in the shadows of his genius twin brother, Jameson; no amount of platinum records or devoted fans can change that. Especially when the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen crashes his sister’s wedding and rushes into his brother’s arms...”
- True North series by Sarina Bowen <— Leslie M & MichelleG are both loving this series (and the first book is free!) 😀
Leslie M: I also been reading and enjoying True North series by Sarina Bowen (I will be starting book 4 soon)
Michelle G: I also have been reading Sarina Bowen’s True North series – just finished book 3 too! It’s a great series!
- Auctioned By Cara Dee <— M/ M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…He was just another happy-go-lucky dude, a college student and hockey player, when his ordinary existence was interrupted, and he became a human trafficking statistic. He and seven other young men were taken aboard a luxurious yacht where they were to be auctioned off to the highest bidder…”
- Love Me Louder by Christina Lee <— M/ M ROMANCE ALERT!!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air) by Kelly St. Clare & Raye Wagner – June 30th 2018
- Burning Lies (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Air Force Fire Protection Specialists Book 4) by Jen Talty
- The Thinnest Air by Minka Kent – July 1st 2018
- Smoke and Iron (The Great Library) by Rachel Caine – July 3rd 2018
- Destiny Mine (Tormentor Mine Book 3) by Anna Zaires – July 3rd 2018
- The Last Time I Lied: A Novel by Riley Sager – July 3rd 2018
- Wolf’s Mate (Crescent Moon Series Book 7) by Katie Reus – July 3rd 2018
- Built to Last (Black Knights Inc.) by Julie Ann Walker – July 3rd 2018
- Dirty Defiance (Filthy Series Book 3) by Chelle Bliss – July 3rd 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).