It’s Friday, I’m happy, and the Friday Finds today seem quite excellent indeed!!! Quite a few on here that gave me a HUGE blurb jolt, like Medicine Man by Saffron A. Kent (just went LIVE) and that one there to the left (I Like You, I Love Her: A Novel by J. R. Rogue) with a blurb that had me gasping and my eyes bugging out!! What does it mean? Does it mean what I think it means? Oh I wanna read it so bad!!
Plus, we’re squeeing over an angsty rock star trilogy CLASSIC that Jenn just started reading and we’re on pins and needles waiting for her reaction. Tee hee!!!! She might just end up missing work again. 😉
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Medicine Man by Saffron A. Kent <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! SAFFRON A. KENT’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! She’s in a mental hospital and HE’s her doctor!! “…Willow isn’t supposed to look deep into those eyes. She isn’t supposed to try to read his tightly-leashed emotions. Neither is she supposed to touch herself at night, imagining his powerful voice and that cold but beautiful face. No, Willow Taylor shouldn’t be attracted to Simon Blackwood at all. Because she’s a patient and he’s her doctor. Her psychiatrist. The medicine man...”
- The Storm King: A Novel by Brendan Duffy <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! Tasha (one of my book twins!!) just found us this deal!! “…Haunting every moment is the Lake’s sinister history and the memory of wild, beautiful Lucy Bennett, with whom Nate is forever linked by shattering loss and youthful passion. As a massive hurricane bears down on the Northeast, the air becomes electric, the clouds grow dark, and escalating acts of violence echo events from Nate’s own past. Without a doubt, a reckoning is coming—one that will lay bare the lies that lifelong friends have told themselves and unleash a vengeance that may consume them all…”
Tasha: The Storm King by Brendan Duffy is on sale … I must have put this on my tbr and forgot about it. It’s a thriller, not romance, but it looks good!
- Bound by Darkness (The Alliance, Book 3) by Brenda K. Davies <— LIVE!! “**The Alliance Series is a spin-off of the Vampire Awakenings series. You do not have to read the Vampire Awakenings Series in order to follow the Alliance Series, but it is recommended.***
- Lies We Tell Ourselves by Amy Matayo <— RECENT RELEASE AND WE have feedback!! Jenn LOVED it!
Jenn: Good Morning- I finished ‘Lies We Tell Ourselves” Amy Matayo. It had such an empowering message and that is what I am taking away from this. I was left with a resolve to be more careful what I say and do—not only to others, but to myself…especially myself….because we are worth it and so was reading this emotionally touching story. Okay now off to find another book so I can do FLT
- The Scars That Made Us by Inda Herwood <— ARRANGED RELATIONSHIP ALERT! “…Tell me, how do you trust a man who only wants to marry you for the check your father is so obviously writing him? The answer is you don’t. But when Jagger Wells, my ridiculously gorgeous intended, explains the real reason behind his going along with this scheme, I begin to see the man beyond the pretty face; a guy just trying to do right by his family. And I decide that maybe there’s a way we can both get what we want without having to sign a marriage certificate in the process…”
- Test (A Gentry Generations Story) by Cora Brent <— CORA BRENT’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! BAD BOY ALERT!! “…I’ve heard the rumors. I know his story. But I’ve got my own scars. I don’t need his. Despite his muscled, blue-eyed good looks, he’s definitely just heartbreak wrapped in a seductive package. However, I didn’t plan on falling into his arms on the worst night of my life…”
- Dirty Rich Betrayal (Dirty Rich Book 4) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LISA RENEE JONES ALERT!!!
- Kick by Ali Dean <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!! Angela loved it!!
Angela: Just finished reading kick by Ali dean- you had this book on new releases a few days ago!!! I could NOT put this book down! Ms. Dean draws you in with every word she writes. I literally re-read everything she publishes until her next new book comes out. Kick is an amazing self-discovery romance that takes you outside the normal college drama spectrum into more realistic problems and emotions that any young adult could face during their college years.
It deals with a beautiful young woman that has real problems and struggles with identity crisis, this is so amazing because it’s so relatable and it just grips your heart and doesn’t let go. Jack, is such a good compliment to Lydia, he knows what he wants and won’t settle for less. So many new age romances have entirely too much drama, but this is so real and almost effortless you never want the story to end.
- Gravel Road by Stephie Walls <— LIVE!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! The latest by Stephie Walls!! He’s loved her forever… “…Texas, wrote our story. And then it tore out the pages. Six years later, Miranda had managed to slip away again. But this time, I refused to let her run.”
- Tristan & Danika Trilogy by R.K. Lilley <— SUPER-ANGSTY ROCK STAR ROMANCE ALERT!!! Jennifer just started this trilogy and we are all squeeing for her!! 😀 Here are my reviews:
Leslie M: Jenn, be prepared for every single romance reader out there to squee because you are reading Tristan & Danika’s story. I swear that is everyone’s fave. It’s a good one!!
Melinda: Omg Jen, you lucky lucky thing. You are in for the ride of your life. I loved those books. All of them. I think Maryse 5 starred all of them. I 5 starred all of them
Maryse: Pretty much, Melinda… the trilogy as whole? Absolutely 5 stars. I 4.5 starred the first two because I was waiting for that big finale and boy did it deliver!!! 😛
Jenn: Leslie; Melinda-YAY me! Now with your comments I am over the freaking moon excited!!!!!
Amy: JENN!!!!! *SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!* You will experience every possible emotion in the train wreck that is their story. The only book I can recall which had me SOBBING happy tears at the end of the trilogy. I’m sooooo jealous but SO thrilled for you!
- Ghosts I Have Known: A Paranormal Romance (Greyworld Book 1) by Nhys Glover <— SHE SEES GHOSTS… “…I don’t know why I see them, but I do. Don’t believe what they tell you in movies and on TV; ghosts don’t haunt people. Because they don’t know we’re here. That tidbit, along with other things I’ve learned along the way about these inhabitants of Greyworld, helps me maintain whatever is left of my sanity. Then I meet Jake. He has to be the most gorgeous guy I’ve ever laid eyes on, living or dead. And he doesn’t play by those sanity-saving rules. He can see me. Which begs the question, How do I know I’mnot the one who’s dead?”
- I Like You, I Love Her: A Novel by J. R. Rogue <— OH MY!!!!!!!!! THIS SOUNDS ALL SORTS OF SCANDALOUS & TITILLATING!!!!! That last line *gasp* !!!! “…It’s been more than 10 years since the homecoming dance. Since the night he kissed me, breaking both of our hearts for the first time. After the scandal, after graduation, I left our small town and made a name for myself on Broadway, then in Hollywood. I didn’t mean for the play I wrote about our high school affair to blow up. I didn’t mean for it to reach all the way back to my roots, wreaking havoc, wrecking families. Bryan Winthrop and I were not friends, not lovers. But I’m back. And for one summer — if she lets us — maybe we can be.”
- Honeymoon for One: May/December Gay Romance by Keira Andrews <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! “…Clay befriends Ethan, hoping he can cheer up the sad-eyed young man, and a crush on an unattainable straight guy is exactly the safe distraction Ethan needs. Yet as the days pass and their connection grows, long-repressed desires surface in Clay, and they are shocked to discover romance sparking. Clay is the sexy, rugged man of Ethan’s dreams, and as the clock counts down on their time together, neither wants this honeymoon to end…”
- My Best Friend’s Boyfriend by Amy Brent <— LIVE & IT SOUNDS LIKE PURE FORBIDDEN TROUBLE!!! “...He’s my best friend’s boyfriend. I broke every girl-code out there when I let him kiss me. And then what happened after…”
- Her Prince Charming by Sam Crescent <— LIVE!! HIS SISTER’S BEST FRIEND… “…Brendan knows he’s got to keep an eye on his sister and her best friend, Violet, when they move overseas for college. He has always felt bad about breaking Violet’s heart, but he was tired of her following him around. He wasn’t interested in little girls. Only, Violet’s no longer a girl. She’s a woman. Now he wants her and knows he can’t have her...”
- Atheists Who Kneel and Pray: a romance novel by Tarryn Fisher <— TARRYN FISHER SUPER-BARGAIN & I LOVED THIS ONE!!! (in fact, here’s my review) 😀
Amy: Okay, SECOND one more thing… ATHEISTS WHO KNEEL AND PRAY IS ON SALE
Jean: Finished Atheists and absolutely loved it! Sorry I waited so long to read it. Tarryn Fisher has a way of creating totally real characters that I become completely invested in.
Amy: Jean! I’m so glad you’re reading Atheists!! By the end I was drained emotionally but my heart was so full. And yes, your heart is gonna get hurt. Just sayin’.
Melinda: I loved Atheists kneel and Pray. DONT THINK,JUST READ IT. It’s great. I loved it. I
- Ashton Scott by Nina Levine <—LIVE!! BOSSY BILLIONAIRE ALERT!! “…his bossiness turns me on in ways I can’t even understand. But I’m not going down without a fight. Or at least, I wasn’t… My fight is what Ashton loves the most. Of course it is. Send wine.”
- The Stone Brothers: A Complete Romance Series (3-Book Box Set) by Samantha Christy <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “Which brother will you choose? The over-protective private investigator, the recovering bad-boy movie star, the alluring new ER doctor?”
- Breaking the Rules (The Breaking Series Book 1) <— LIVE!! BEST FRIEND’S SISTER ALERT!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE COMES AROUND THE GYM… 😉 “…For Travis, there’s only ever been one rule: stay away from his best friend’s sister. And it wasn’t a problem until Amara moved back west all grown-up and sexier than sin. When she comes strutting around his gym every day, it’s impossible to keep his eyes–and hands–off her...”
- Confess (Sin City Salvation Book 1) by A. Zavarelli <— LIVE!!! ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT!!! “…A word of advice? Don’t show me your vulnerabilities because I will find a way to exploit them. I learned the hard way to take what I want from life with no regrets. Until him. He’s one of the most hated men in America. A soulless criminal attorney. A recluse. And as of five minutes ago, my new husband. He wants to keep my secrets and collect my tears, but he should know that a wild animal can’t be domesticated. I don’t know how to love men. I only know how to leave them…”
- Sweet Insanity (Sweet Series Book 1) by Desiree Adele <— LIVE!!! HE SAT BEHIND HER IN CLASS... “…Zack Graves had the entire world in his hands. A promising hockey career and the confidence and gorgeous looks that had every girl throwing themselves at his feet. Except me. I was only too happy to wipe the sexy smirk off his face while tossing him on his smug ass. And he kept coming back for more. I kept my scars hidden, until Zack managed to trace the lines straight to a place I fought to keep guarded…”
PREORDERS (…a few of next week’s!!! )
- Consumed (Firefighters series Book 1) by J.R. Ward – October 2nd 2018
- Indulge With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 10) by Kristen Proby – October 2nd 2018
- Talkin’ Trash (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale – October 2nd 2018
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – October 2nd 2018
- The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain – October 2nd 2018
- A Spark of Light: A Novel by Jodi Picoult – October 2nd 2018
- An Easy Death (Gunnie Rose Book 1) by Charlaine Harris – October 2nd 2018
- Blood Communion: A Tale of Prince Lestat by Anne Rice – October 2nd 2018
- Kill the Queen (A Crown of Shards Novel) by Jennifer Estep – October 2nd 2018
- Bluebird by Ann Penny – October 3rd 2018
- Cards of Love: The Moon (New Camelot Book 4) by Sierra Simone – October 5th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).