BREAKING NEWS HURRICANE UPDATE!!!! I WOKE UP SAFE! And I still have electricity. YAY ME!!!! It was super scary last night (woke up at 1:30 am until 4:00 am with the winds just howling, blowing on the house and trees bending and the rain pouring non-stop) but everyone I know is safe and sound.
Of course some trees didn’t fare as well (minus a few tree branches that are hanging by a thread but pointing down to the ground). And the main roads here are completely flooded and closed. Yikes!!! That’s okay. I don’t need anything but to stay indoors and read my heart out. 😀
P.S. I’ve updated the list this morning with more goodies, since I still have internet access (and I got a head-start on this list yesterday waiting for the storm to roll in…)
Today’s list consists mostly of reader recommendations from far and wide!!! I haven’t been able to check today’s latest bargains and sales ’cause I am (or was) in the midst of a tropical storm (or maybe a hurricane? We’ll see when it hits!) 😉 So if I don’t seem “here” it’s ’cause I’m without electricity or internet access. It’s rare that kind of thing happens, but it has happened to me in the past (almost TWO WEEKS of no electricity and no internet… and no air conditioner GAH!!!!) so I’m preparing this post in advance to “autopost”. LOL!!
Luckily I’ve got a bunch of awesome-sounding reader recommendations AND some of the recent releases are now tried-and-true because our fellow readers have let us know which ones worked for them! YAY US!!!
No worries… if my iPad runs out of power, I have plenty of paper books to read. Trust me… no electricity, no internet but I’M NOT BORED AT ALL. 😉 See y’all soon!
BARGAIN FINDS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Loverboy (Dartmoor Book 5) by Lauren Gilley <— LIVE BIKER ALERT!!!!!! A NEW DARTMOOR BOOK!!! And Ela just lost her mind over it. LOL! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Ela: “OMG OMG OMG GUESS WHAT’S LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LAUREN GILLEY’S LOVERBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Robyn: Maryse…Book 5 of the Dartmoor M/C series by Lauren Gilley just came out! It’s Tangos story called Loverboy! Squeeeee…I have been waiting for this book!
Nancy: I cannot believe it is here!
- Lost In Rewind (Audio Fools Book 3) by Tali Alexander <— LIVE!!!! A GYPSY TOLD HIM HIS FUTURE… “Jeffery Rossi wants to be a man of logic but finds himself basing his life’s decisions on a prophecy delivered at the hands of an old gypsy fortuneteller. The death of his beloved wife coupled with the loss of what he thought would be his carefully crafted future, have spun him onto a path of self-destruction…” Plus! Enter the GIVEAWAY we’re having! :D!! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Bad Apple (The Uncertain Saints MC Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!!! ONE NIGHT STAND WITH A BAD-ASS BIKER ALERT AND HE GOT HER PREGNANT! “She never saw it coming… It was the beard. The beard made her do it. That is a good excuse for having sex with a man she barely knows, isn’t it? Yeah, who was she kidding? It wasn’t the beard. It was the way he looked so dejected and solemn. The sad look in his eyes pulls her in, and the way his rough hands touch her makes her stay. All she wants to do is take that look out of his eyes, but the consequences to her actions only make things worse, not better. One day is all she gets, and he’s not willing to give her more…” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Dirty Talk by S.C. Scott <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS HIS FIRST LOVE & HE WANTS HER BACK… “Luke Anders tricked me. The deal was sealed before I knew he was behind it. We agreed to be just friends. Simple. Easy. But it’s not just the weather that’s hot in Texas. I was a fool to think I could resist him. He knows how to work his charms and those kissable lips, that great jaw, and biceps. We are here to work, but he has become downright distracting…”
- Locked (PresLocke Series Book 2) by Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ELLA FRANK ALERT!!! “Sorry, ladies—and fellas—Hollywood’s hottest action star, Ace Locke, is officially off the market! The man on Locke’s arm has been identified as Dylan Prescott, the sexy new “it” model currently featured in the latest Calvin Klein ads…” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Optical Illusion: An m/m romance (Paint Book 1) by Emma Jaye <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE & Fabi LOVED it! (and here it is on Amazon UK) She says:
Fabi: I had the honor of beta reading. It’s called Optical Illusion by Emma Jaye. Look at that cover! A five star read for me. It’s a beautiful m/m story. It isn’t light, even though there are many humorous moments. It isn’t completely dark either, although there are some very dark parts. I have no doubt that Chris will melt your heart as he did mine. This is a two book series. While the end of book one leaves you hanging off the cliff by your fingernails,. book 2 is ready and will be published only a few short weeks after book 1 is released. (Knowing me and cliffies, thank goodness I was able to read read the second book immediately after). But Emma does include the first few chapters of book 2 at the end of book one. I guess she was worried about the health of our fingernails. *snort*
I highly recommend this book. It is an original, both heartbreaking and heartwarming, brilliantly told story.
- Turbulence by Whitney G <— SUPER-JERK ALERT!!! Another recent release that one of our fellow readers is reading and she spoke words that super-sparked my interest! Already that I was so interested with this tumultuous sounding romance! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Rebecca: Are you reading Turbulence yet?
Maryse: Not yet but I absolutely WILL be. Gah it sounds crazy romantically tumultuous!! I LOVE THAT! Have you read it? I’m finishing up “The Martian” tonight.
Rebecca: I started it last night and I’m about to pick it up again 🙂 it’s crazy so far! He is a JERK!
Maryse: YAY!!!!!!!!! That’s EXACTLY what I wanted to hear!!! 😀 *happy wiggle* Please let me know what you think. I’m picking between Turbulence and El Diablo for my next one…
Zcy: “Turbulence” was sooo much fun. Maryse, you have to read.
- Weightless by Kandi Steiner <— SOUNDS INTENSE & POIGNANT ALERT! “He stole my innocence. He scarred my heart. He took everything I thought I knew about my life and fast-pitched it out the window, shattering the glass that held my world together in the process. I remember the lights. The passionate, desperate, hot strikes of red. The harsh, cruel, icy bolts of blue. They symbolized everything I endured that summer.” And Louise recommends it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Louise: “I have not put an advice for a book here since a few months but this one is really worth mentioning: Weightless by Kandi Steiner. The writing style was amazing and the story beautiful”
- El Diablo (The Devil): The Good Ol’ Boys Spin Off by M Robinson <— CRAZY SOUNDING ROMANCE ALERT!!! YAY!!! Okay I keep seeing this one pop right back up on my feed and it seems the very beginning of the book will KNOCK US out, and that it is intense and crazy and OMG ANGSTY. Plus of course… it’s right up my own book alley! He’s the ultimate bad guy and she’s under “his protection”. I’m thinking I need to jump into it, after the one I’m reading now. (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Heather: Phenomenal Maryse!!!! You won’t be disappointed!!!
Jennifer: Do it now!!! He’s the ultimate a**hole and you still want to be under his protection
Tracy: I’m reading this now and it’s insanely good!
Christine: Still reading…..I can’t put it down….phenomenal, amazing, outstanding and fantastic are just a few words that come to mind!
- EDGE (Gentry Boys) by Cora Brent <— Recent release and our fellow readers right here are LOVING it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Jean: Fabi, I made it to 11% of Edge and was really loving it already!
Fabi: Jean, I truly love Cora Brent’s writing. It flows right through me. Immediately grabbing me and throwing me into whatever story she is weaving.
- Bad Judgment by Meghan March <— STRIP OR TUTOR THROUGH COLLEGE? RECENT RELEASE BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Teresa loved it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Teresa: “Just finished Meghan March Bad Judgment it was so good . Meghan write’s such sexy bad boys!!!” Yeah a story about a girl that has to either strip or tutor that bad boy to pay her way through college sounds SO FUN!!!
- Furious Rush by S.C. Stephens <— S.C. STEPHENS’ LATEST ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause we can consider it tried and true. 😉 Jean enjoyed this one BIG time! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Jean: “Finished Furious Rush over the weekend. Really liked it. Kept waiting for something really big…..then BAM! At 98% it happened! WTH! I didn’t get the pains and angst in my stomach like with Thoughtless series, but when I finished I got those feelings just thinking about the next book (which by the way there is no mention of anywhere)! Oh and for those of you interested, the entire book is h’s POV. And yes, H does have a heart, kinda like Kellan!”
- Pure (The Pure Trilogy Book 1) by Julianna Baggott <— DYSTOPIAN ALERT! Lisa is announcing this one! “Pure by Julianna Baggot! Dystopian YA.” (I’m thinking she loves it, since she announced it to us like that?) LOL! “There are those who escaped the apocalypse unmarked. Pures. They are tucked safely inside the Dome that protects their healthy, superior bodies...” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Wide Open Spaces by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— “KRISTEN ASHLEY FEEL” ALERT! Recent release back on the list, ’cause Rebecca loved it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Rebecca: I finished Wide Open Spaces too and I loved it- very Kristen Ashley feel…
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Kate Regnery <— CONTEMPORARY FAIRYTALE ROMANCE (and SO MANY love this series big time!!) and Nancy found out that the first three books in the series are on super-bargain!! a modern romance take on Beauty & the Beast (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Kimberly: “The Vixen and the Vet” by Katy Regnery is fantastic. I read it, and immediately read it again! It was THAT GOOD! I wasn’t crazy about the title, but Since it’s a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, it makes sense.
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Kate Regnery – <— THIS ONE TOO!!! a modern romance take on Hansel & Gretel (and here it is on Amazon UK)
MichelleS: “I just read never Let You Go. I won’t forget it, that’s for sure. Very cool retelling of Hansel and Gretel – what if two kids got “taken” and then formed a bond? Yup. Pretty cool.”
Lauren: Never Let You Go is one of my favorite books of 2015. I’ve already re-read it a few times.
- Ginger’s Heart (a modern fairytale) by Kate Regnery <— THIS ONE TOO!!! (a modern romance take on Little Red Riding Hood) (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Beverly: Finished Ginger’s Heart by Katy Regnery earlier. Gah! I LOVED it. It pulled me right out of my book slump.
- The Hating Game: A Novel by Sally Thorne <— OFFICE ROMANCE & IT’S FUNNY! IT’S BACK ON THE LIST ’cause I loved it, and Andrea enjoyed this one, too (in fact, here’s my Book Review)! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Andrea: “The h is so funny. I want to think like her:)… Still getting over The Hating Game. So sweet. It was perfect for after It Ends With Us”
Holly: The Hating Game MUST be added to the list. I’ve just finished it and loved the book. The rivalry between the two main characters is brilliant…. We all love a hate/love read!
- Descended: Alien Mate Index Book 3 by Evangeline Anderson <— ALPHA-ALIEN ALERT! SHE WORKS IN THE ER & HE WALKS IN… and it’s a recent release that’s back on the list ’cause Karla recommends it! “Ridiculously good!!!!” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! Michelle fell in love with this one, too! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Michelle: “Fabi, Wolfsong I’m almost finished with but the feels, just THE FEELS! Gah sooooo good, I will never forget this one! NEED more from this author asap. It has that WiR thing where I feel like I’m in the story :D”
MichelleS: Michelle – WOLFSONG!! Yay. Loved that book. 5 stars!
Fabi: Michelle I am so glad you are reading Wolfsong. Everyone I know who has read it has loved it. It went straight into my favorites. I wish I could wave my magic wand and convince everyone to read it. I don’t push books often. But Wolfsong simply must be read. Now that I think about it, my book slump started right after Wolfsong. :-/
- Ghostwalker series by Christine Feehan <— MUCH LOVED PARANORMAL SERIES ALERT! Rebecca absolutely LOVES this series! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Rebecca: “This is one of my favourite series of all time! I’ve reread all of these multiple times over the years. Imagine KA’s alpha men, genetically modified to create super human weapons (some of the women too), and working for a secret Govt agency that now want to eliminate their experiments. Written very contemporary/romantic suspense, I connected to these far more than her Dark Series”
- The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat Book 4) by Laura Florand <— SEXY FRENCH MEN ALERT! Jan was having a book marathon with this author’s romance reads! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Jan: The Chocolate Touch by Laura Florand. I’m in the middle of a total Laura Florand craze. I’m in love with these French guys with their sexy, rough exteriors and their sweet, tender, vulnerable centres. Hoh, hoh, hoh… (with a French accent)
… set in Paris and rural France. There are 2 main series which kind of connect. One is set in the world of top chocolatiers/ chefs and the other with perfume/ flower growers/ manufacturers. Neither of which normally interest me that much LOL. But I’m fluvvin these books.OK, there is a kind of a sameness to them to an extent (if you are reading them one after another like I am) but I’m still hooked, and loving working my way through them. Some of the couples reappear in other books and it’s nice to revisit them. The books are sweet and sexy and very romantic. I read Once Upon a Rose first, which hooked me, then went to the Amour et Chocolat series. Some books are better than others. My favs so far are The Chocolate Touch and The Chocolate Heart. Vulnerable, damaged (but sexy) characters who fall in love with each other and heal each other with their love. Sigh……..
Thanks Bev for putting me onto this author
- The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy) by Justin Cronin <— I JUST ONE-CLICKED THIS!!! SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Lisa and crew absolutely LOVED it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Lisa: “Annnnd. If you havent read The Passage yet puleeeeease grab it… The hubby is reading the final book at the moment and cannot put it down. And he is NOT a reader….well not like us anyway.”
And Julie agrees: “Maryse You are gonna love the Passage trilogy. I’ve read the first two and am going to start the last one soon. Immerse yourself in that world!”
- A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught <— WHO’S IN THE MOOD FOR HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!??? Anne really loved this one! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
Anne: Just finished A Kingdom of Dreams and loved it!! I am in love with Royce Westmoreland. I love reading HR set in the Middle Ages, so any good recs?
Tessa: Kingdom of Dreams was so good. I fell in love with that book and went through two paperbacks of it.
Tawania: My favorite book ever …If I had to choose, it would have to be A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught.
- Prisoned: A Dark Twisted Erotic Standalone by Marni Mann <— KIDNAPPPED DARK READ ALERT!!! It’s on super-bargain today! “I’d been kidnapped and imprisoned. I wasn’t alone. I shared the cell with Garin Woods, the man I’d loved since I was a kid. The man I couldn’t be with because of the secret. A man who would kill me if he found out what that secret was…” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Revenge by Lisa Jackson <— LISA JACKSON super-bargain alert!! “…a trilogy about a town called Rimrock–whose secrets come to light when the patriarch of its wealthiest family is murdered. Now here it is, collected in one volume, with a new cover, and a new title, Revenge!” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Prince & The Player: Dirty Cinderella (Dirty Players Duet Book 1) by Tia Louise <— SHE’S A RUNAWAY WITH HER SISTER & HE’S A PRINCE ALERT! “Runaway Zelda Wilder will do whatever it takes to secure a better life for her and her sister Ava. Crown Prince Rowan Westringham Tate will do whatever it takes to preserve his small country...” and it’s on super-bargain! (here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Charlotte Chronicles: A Novel (Jackson Boys Book 1) by Jen Frederick <— SEXY NAVY-SEAL SUPER-ANGSTY ROMANCE! MichelleS LOVED this one, and it’s super-bargain priced today! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
MichelleS: The Charlotte Chronicles #1. WOW. Love every page so far…. The angst, the coming of age, it’s so so good. It may end up a 5-star for me…
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas – September 6th 2016
- The One Real Thing: The Hart’s Boardwalk Series by Samantha Young – September 6th 2016
- Winter Born by Sherrilyn Kenyon – September 6th 2016
- Change of Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn – September 6th 2016
- Rookie Move: A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel by Sarina Bowen – September 6th 2016
- The Sight: A Devil’s Isle Novel by Seanan McGuire – September 6th 2016
- Guardian’s Mate: A Shifters Unbound Novel (A Shifter’s Unbound Novel) by Jennifer Ashley – September 6th 2016
- Because I’m Watching: A Novel (The Virtue Falls Series) by Christina Dodd – September 6th 2016
- Apprentice in Death by J.D. Robb – September 6th 2016
- Deja Who (An Insighter Novel) by MaryJanice Davidson – September 6th 2016
- Too Wild to Tame (Romancing the Clarksons) by Tessa Bailey – September 6th 2016
- Fighting to Be Free by Kirsty Moseley – September 6th 2016
- Loving You Easy: A Loving on the Edge Novel by Roni Loren – September 6th 2016
- Empire of Storms (Throne Of Glass Series Book 5) by Sarah J. Maas – September 6th 2016
- Seducing My Assistant by J. S. Cooper and Helen Cooper – September 8th 2016
- Mad Sea by K Webster <— September 13th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).