HAPPY FRIDAY!! I can’t believe the weekend is here already and I am thrilled!! Now… what to read… What. To. Read?
So many choices, I could just go off of our HUGE TBR list from a few days ago, or…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Glue (Taboo Treat) by K. Webster <— K. WEBSTER ALERT!!! THIS TABOO-ISH ONE JUST WENT LIVE & that title is totally apropos… “…My desires are unusual. I don’t feel whole until I’m in the middle, holding it all together. Which makes having a romantic relationship really difficult. Until them. Two people. An unraveling marriage...”
- Everything You Want Me to Be: A Novel by Mindy Mejia <— Tasha LOVED IT!
Tasha: Amy, I finished Everything You Want Me to Be and it was fantastic! All consuming, don’t wanna come up for air, 5 Stars! I was on the verge of messaging my rage to u on GR towards the end. Totally thought I had it worked out a couple times. Lol
Amy: Tasha! That’s how I felt reading it!! Even with knowing she was already dead from the beginning, I still ached at the end after getting to know her throughout the book. And the letter. Oh, my heart…the letter. *sob*
- Mess Me Up (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LIVE!!! LANI LYNN VALE ALERT & MY HEART JUST EXPLODED ON THE BLURB ALONE!! “…Nobody knows what drove him to leave the game he loved—nobody but her. She’s the one person that has helped him make it through the dark days and even darker nights. She’s the bright and shining star in his pitch-black sky. And he doesn’t even know her name. He should be afraid that she knows things that not anyone—not even his best friend—knows. Yet, with each encounter, he gives what little bit of his soul remains, and before he knows it only two people on this earth—one dying, and one too afraid to live—make his life worth living. Until one day he has to choose—the love of his life, or the life he brought into this world...”
- A Pinch of Salt (Three Sisters Catering Book 1) by Bethany Lopez <— FREEBIE ALERT!!!
- Paradise by the Dashboard Light by Kathryn R. Biel <— OOOOH THIS ONE JUST WENT LIVE AND SOUNDS SO GOOOODDD! SHE’S IN LOVE WITH HIM BUT HE’S IN LOVE WITH HER TWIN!!! GASP!! “…Ian and Rio were best friends growing up. Complication #1: The friend zone. Rio’s been in love with Ian for as long as she can remember. Complication #2: Unrequited love. Ian was in love with Rio’s twin sister. Complication #3: Will he ever see her as anything but a replacement for his first love? Oh, and then there’s that little secret Rio’s hiding. Complication #4: Deceit and lies…”
Kat: Oh my God!!! The title has me wanting to read it. Paradise By The Dashboard Light is a freaking amazing song by Meatloaf!!!!
Maryse: RIGHT???? I LOVE that song (it’s hilarious and awesome)
Mary Rose: Loved the song, loved the book more!! A must read!!
- P.S. I Miss You by Winter Winshaw <— GORGEOUS COVER & GORGEOUS TITLE… I love the sound of it AND it’s super-bargain priced right now! “…I was going to sit you down, swallow my pride, hang up my noncommittal ways and show you a side of me you nor anyone else has ever seen before … but then there was a game-changing confession; a bombshell so nuclear it stopped me in my tracks. How I didn’t see this coming, I’ll never know…”
- Binding 13: Boys of Tommen #1 by Chloe Walsh <— THIS ONE MAKES OUR LIST TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!! NOW ROBYN LOVES IT!!!
Robyn: I’m finishing up Binding 13, which is so well written and has all the feels. It was so worth reading.
Melinda: it’s called “Binding 13” recommended by Jan easy 5 stars. I loved it. It’s a rugby player book. The book is written really well. I think it’s 825 pages. The author is Chloe Walsh.
LisafromDFW: Someone recommended Binding 13. Sloooooooow burn and a cliffhanger!!!! I’m dying. I loved it. Damaged h. Thx for recommending!!!!
Jan: …really liked it. It’s first in a new series. NA, bullies, rugby players, set in Ireland. (I know). I like the last two, but NA and bullies aren’t usually my fav. But there was just something mesmerising about this book. I got drawn right in and I just had to keep on reading…
- When We Kiss: An enemies-to-lovers, opposites-attract romantic comedy by Tia Louise <— LIVE!!! BAD GIRL & THE GOOD COP ALERT!! “…He’s a hot cop with a square jaw, a sexy grin, and a tight end. I’m a bad girl, a “Jezebel”—just ask all the old biddies in town. We’re oil and vinegar. We don’t mix. But when we kiss…“
- From the First: A Bad Boy Rockstar Romance (Seattle Sound Series Book 5) by Alexa Padgett <— ROCK STAR ROMANCE ALERT!! “…At 22, Kai is the lead singer in a chart-climbing band. He’s got frontman good looks and cash to burn. But fame and fortune don’t quiet the demons of his past. Or maybe it’s just that shy, sultry Evie has given him something better to desire…”
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— DARK READ ALERT!!!
Jenn: Holy Hell I devoured this, I am sitting at work cross-eyed because I literally did not sleep. This was just what I needed and now I want to tare into the second book in the series but I think I need to breathe first…
- My Heart Wants (The Heart Duet Book 2) by Nicole S. Goodin <— LIVE!! DUET CONCLUSION & MUST READ BOOK #1 FIRST “My Heart Wants is book two in The Heart Duet – it is essential to have read book one, My Heart Needs, prior to reading this one.”
- Fighting for What’s His (Warrior Fight Club) by Laura Kaye <— LIVE!!! LAURA KAYE ALERT!! HER NEW ROOMMATE CAN’T WAIT UNTIL SHE LEAVES... “...Shayna Curtis is new to town, fresh out of grad school, and full of hope for the future. With a new job starting in a month, she’s grateful when her brother arranges a place for her to stay while she apartment hunts. But she never expected her roommate to be so brooding. Or so sexy…”
- Waiting for the Sun: Waiting for the Sun, Part One by Robin Hill <— WE LOVED IT & Michele G finally read it!!!
Michele G: I’m sure most of you have already read it but I finally jumped in and read Waiting For the Sun over the weekend and can’t rave enough about how much I enjoyed it! It sat on my TBR for way too long — but hey there are a ton of books on my TBR so it was it good company! Seriously, if you haven’t read it yet, I do highly recommend it!
- A Fix Fling (The Fix Book 5) by Carey Heywood
- Rock F*ck Club by Michelle Mankin <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR GROUPIES??? “…The Gods of Rock Tour. 4 summer concert venues. 10 famous rock stars to f*ck. Two at a time. Maybe even three. I know what I like and how to get it. I’m Marsha West. Raven Winter’s best friend. A sidekick no longer, I’m in the starring role…”
- Sadie by Courtney Summers <— LIVE!!! AND Amy is excited to start it! And so is Tasha… and BOTH are my book-twins!!!! :D!!! Seriously… what they love, I LOVE.
Amy: This welcome little treat popped up in my library and made me happy…Sadie by Courtney Summers!!! I forgot today was the release day. The blurb gives it a Female of the Species vibe, but I’m going into it open minded and without any preconceived notions. Fingers crossed!
Tasha: Sadie is next for me too!
- Dirty Headlines by L.J. Shen <— L.J. SHEN’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! THEY HATE EACH OTHER (and they once had a one night stand and now he’s her boss!! GAH!!!) 😉 “...Now he’s staring me down like I’m the dirt under his Italian loafers, and I’m supposed to take it. But the thing about being Judith “Jude” Humphry is I have nothing to lose. Brooklyn girl. Infamously quirky. Heir to a stack of medical bills and a tattered couch. When he looks at me from across the room, I see the glint in his eyes, and that makes us rivals…”
Christina: Got it last night and of course that’s when my hubby starts pestering me!
Hillary: Just clicked!
- Meet the Sky by McCall Hoyle <— LIVE!!! JENN FOUND US THIS ONE!!
Maryse-”Meet the Sky” by McCall Hoyle was released today, I love the cover which is what attracted me to it…..it sounds heartbreaking.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Real by Kate Stewart is in AUDIOBOOK format!!
PREORDERS (…a few of next week’s!!! )
- Muse by Katy Evans – September 14th 2018
- Professor Feelgood (Masters of Love Book 2) by Leisa Rayven – September 16th 2018
- Dane’s Storm by Mia Sheridan – September 17th 2018
- Rebel Hard (Hard Play Book 2) by Nalini Singh – September 18th 2018
- Don’t Trust A Killer by Cynthia Eden – September 18th 2018
- I Know You Know: A Novel by Gilly Macmillan – September 18th 2018
- Vampires Like It Hot: An Argeneau Novel by Lynsay Sands – September 18th 2018
- Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc) by Susan Mallery – September 18th 2018
- Restless Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan – September 18th 2018
- Misadventures with a Speed Demon (Misadventures Book 14) by Chelle Bliss – September 18th 2018
- Happily Ever After (Runaway Princess: Flicka #5) by Blair Babylon – September 18th 2018
- Time’s Convert: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness – September 18th 2018
- Booted (Trails of Sin Book 3) by Pam Godwin – September 18th 2018
- Austin by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette
- Wicked Wedding: A Wicked Horse Vegas Novel (Left at the Altar Book 4) by Sawyer Bennett – September 20th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).