BREAKING NEWS UPDATE! SATURDAY SURPISE FINDS!!! :D!!!
<— Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue AWESOME BOOK SUPER-SALE! I paid full price for this one, and I LOVED it. It’s a psych-thriller (she’s been kidnapped and held hostage for YEARS, and even had a baby in her prison…), and it has a lot of heart! I gave it 5 stars! (my review)
- So Much More by KIM HOLDEN!!!! Up for preorder and coming out March 29th!!!
- After the Storm by Jane Lythell <— SUPER-BARGAIN priced and oooooooooh it sounds ominous. They’re on a small boat together “…ten days is a long time to spend with strangers—especially when one of them carries a destructive secret.”
- No Longer Safe <— Super-bargain and it too… sounds ominous!! Total psych-thriller of University friends visiting and rekindling their friendship but.. “Karen isn’t the warm-hearted soulmate Alice remembers. …As the snow cuts them off from civilisation and accusations fly, Alice finds herself a pawn, sinking deeper into a deadly game she can’t escape…“
- The Silver Linings Playbook: A Novel by Matthew Quick <— GREAT MOVIE and the book is super-bargain priced right now!
- The Broken Road Series by Melissa Huie <— Both books in this series are super bargain priced right now! She’s had a long time crush on him, he becomes her roommate but he’s hiding a dark secret… “she doesn’t think it could get any worse until her long-time crush, Shane asks to move in. After all, he has no clue that she’s been in love with him for the past ten years. But fate has a way of turning things around…“
- I Am Forbidden: A Novel by Anouk Markovits <— super-bargain priced, and currently # 37 in all of Amazon Kindle. Sounds like it might have that “war era/epic-story feel” like our beloved The Nightingale and The Bronze Horseman… “With the rise of communism in central Europe, the family moves to Paris, to the Marais, where Zalman tries to raise his children apart from the city in which they live. Mila’s faith intensifies, while her beloved sister Atara discovers a world of books and learning that she cannot ignore. A beautifully crafted, emotionally gripping story of what happens when unwavering love, unyielding law, and centuries of tradition collide…“
TGIF!!! Here’s your weekly dose of Friday goodies… from surprise new releases, to the most recent reader favorites. What I love about this list is it’s kind of a feedback list of the some of the latest “new releases”. Those that our book-crew have jumped into, and have come back to specifically recommend. Kind of makes ’em tried-and-true, which I love!
Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s list. It was a bit of a surprise (Thursday is not the most active release day – LOL!! 😛 ), and there are a few on there that we are reading as we speak (me too, in fact – almost done and it’s fun, in a gut-twisty, guilty pleasure way). Tee hee! 😛 ➜ 10 new book releases, with one that I’m reading right now…
(NOTE: some are/were bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- 1981: Jessie’s Girl (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix Book 2) by Lindy Zart <— LIVE & IT’S A LINDY ZART ALERT!! Oh FUN!!! Each one is written by a different author… here’s #1 1980: You Shook Me All Night Long (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix) by Casey L. Bond. I love the premise! “…ten contemporary romance, new adult, stand-alone stories set in the 1980s“
Michelle: “…love love Lindy Zart anything!“
- His To Guard: Fate #6 by Elizabeth Reyes <— LIVE!! (each one is a standalone)
- Lost by Ker Dukey & D.H SIDEBOTTOM <— LIVE!!
- Finding North by Carmen Jenner <— LIVE! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Traveller by Abigail Drake <— LIVE!! HE’S A GYPSY THAT PROTECTS HUMANS FROM bad paranormal things and she needs his protection, but: “Traveller society, full of outdated rules and ridiculous superstitions, isn’t a good fit for the headstrong Emerson. Traveller women aren’t allowed to fight. Traveller women aren’t allowed to win. Traveller women aren’t allowed to leave…“
- Scarred by Joanne Macgregor <— AN ACCIDENT LEFT HER SCARRED & SHE’S STARTING AT A NEW SCHOOL… and the boy she likes, glares at her, but they keep crossing each other’s path and “…tensions are mounting at their school where bullying is rife and Sloane is not the most deeply scarred person…” (super-bargain priced today!)
- When You Make It Home by Claire Ashby <— SHE’S HIDING HER PREGNANCY BUT HE DISCOVERS HER SECRET!! I remember this one from last year!! It sounds SO GOOD and it’s bargain priced! “When Meg gets sick at a party, she’s mortified. Even worse, Theo Taylor, the guest of honor, discovers her secret. Theo, an Army medic wounded in the war, agrees not to reveal her condition, and the two forge a bond of friendship that blossoms into love.” (I love sweet friendships and bonding and love!!!)
Lee says: “Oh geeez .. tots forgot to ask.. anyone read about the pregnant lady and the marine? that we were talking and it was on sale last week-ish ?? When You Make it Home?? (forgot the name of the author) FABU-LOUS!!!! 5 HUGE Stars for me!!! DA FEELS!!!“
- Bad Boy (An Indecent Proposal) by J.C. Reed & Jackie Steele <— SHE’S DIVORCING HER BAD BOY! Nancy found us this recent release at a super-bargain price today!
- Dark Room: A Society X Novel by L.P. Dover & Heidi McLaughlin <— DG loved this recent release!
DG: Started on Dark Room (Society X) this morning…..HOLY COW!!!! Dark room…duh, no names, no exchanging phone numbers, AND no speaking! *fanning self* Definitely gonna be a HOT weekend and I’m not talking temperatures ladies!!!!
Anne: DG I loved The Dark Room! It was hot but still so sweet.
DG: Holy Hotness!!!! Finished Dark Room ….at the ball field. Could NOT put it down….. HOT and sweetness all rolled up into a Parker!! *swoon*
Maryse: Wow… DG… it must have been SO good for you to finish it there!!! LOL! *looks up Dark Room…*
- Love Me Tenor (Perfect Harmony) by Annabeth Albert <— M/M ROMANCE and fabi is loving it! “I’m at 86% of Love Me Tenor and its another winner.”
- Oblivion (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— SO MANY LOVE THIS SERIES ALERT!! Look what Amy just found us at a super-bargain price!! “Daemon lovers…Oblivion…*happy Lux dance*“
fabi: a companion to her Lux series. It’s called Oblivion and will be Daemon’s POV with some new scenes. I love that series. Can’t wait for more D.
- Stanton Adore: (Stanton #1) by T L Swan <— FORBIDDEN TABOO LOVE ALERT!!! YAY!!! P.S. It’s a trilogy but ALL three books are out! Danielle found us this one saying:
Maryse: Danielle… cliffhangers are AWESOME!! When all of the books are out, that is. 😉 Tee hee! And in this case, they appear to be. YAY!!!
- Stanton Unconditional: (Stanton #2) by T L Swan
- Stanton Completely: (Stanton #3) by T L Swan
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
Just a few pre-orders to look forward to (like… early next week):
- Beautiful Boss (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren – February 29th 2016
- THE ARRANGEMENT 21 (THE FERRO FAMILY) by H.M. Ward – February 29th 2016
- MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 4 (Motorcycle Club Novella) by Bink Cummings – February 29th 2016
- This is War, Baby by K Webster – February 29th 2016 <— VERY DARK ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Crave by Teresa Mummert – February 29th 2016
- Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan <— March 1st 2016
- Midnight Bites: Stories of the Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine – March 1st 2016
- Midnight Marked: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloe Neill – March 1st 2016
- Sinner’s Creed (A Sinner’s Creed Novel) by Kim Jones – March 1st 2016
- Exposed: A Madame X Novel by Jasinda Wilder – March 1st 2016
- So Much More by Kim Holden <— Look what’s up for PRE-ORDER!!!! KIM. HOLDEN. <— !!!! March 29th!!
“I thought I wanted her. I thought I needed her.
Over time reality crept in and slowly dissected and disemboweled my dreams like a predator, leaving behind a rotting carcass.
And I can be a fool…
who believes in dreams.
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).