Just to let everyone know, I’m on the other side of Florida (on the west coast) and all is well here. Of course we’ll still be experiencing some tropical storm force winds, from some of those outer hurricane bands, but I am safe and sound. Just worried about trees that might not handle the wind gusts as well (and the next few hours will give me an idea), but! It looks like I’ll be here reading and playing books with you all day. LOL!! Yay electricity!! :D!!!
P.S. While I was heading into “Crosstalk” next (and still will, on Sunday), Amy tempted me with her squeeing over THIS “Kindle First” book (Evelyn, After: A Novel up there to the left), and it just so happened that THAT was the one I chose too. So if anyone wants to buddy read with us, this is what I’m reading as we speak! I LOVE crazy thrillers (and that BLURB. Yikes… a love story gone wrong for sure).
Amy: Fabi…Evelyn, After was *screaming* my name so I had no choice but to click it.
Amy: FABI!!! Remember you told me to update you on Evelyn, After? Well, here’s your update… I’M LOVING IT!!!!
Amy: Okay, I feel like I’m reading Evelyn, After by peeking through my fingers. I keep cringing and am just waiting for it to blow up. Gah! Knowing she is about to add to the figurative body count has me all sorts of antsy and its FUN!!
Fabi: Sounds REALLY good Amy. I wonder which one Maryse picked for her October Kindle First. I haven’t picked yet. I’m just overwhelmed with books right now.
Amy: Fabi…let me know which one you pick and what you think of it! I’m also curious about Maryse’s KF pick… Hear that, Maryse? Are your ears burning? ‘Cause we’re talking about you.
Maryse: Fabi I picked… lemme look. One sec…….. Evelyn After. That sounds good!!!!
Maryse: OMG AMY!! I JUST CLUED IN! LOL! Is that the one you picked and you’re TOTALLY INTO??? I was going to start Crosstalk tonight, but maybe that one instead? Grey and I were gonna buddy read but she’s reading something else right now anyway… Who’s reading Cross Talk and who’s reading Evelyn After? I’m reading Evelyn!!!
bev: I grabbed the Evelyn one too. It’s Victoria Dahl, right. A pseudonym for her?
Leslie: I didn’t know that Evelyn book is Victoria Dahl! Cool! I LOVED some of her contemporaries.
But if that one’s not tickling your fancy, boy have we found some super-goodies for you!! It’s an awesome Friday/reading weekend indeed!
LOOK WHAT WE FOUND!! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre <— MOVIE NEWS ALERT!!! Yep! One of my 5-star favorites is going to be a movie, you guys!! If you haven’t read it yet, and want a fun, feisty, lighthearted and often hilarious romance read, this is the one! P.S. Here’s my review. 😉
Janet: Just finished Hollywood Dirt. Excellent read, and I loved that Brad DeLuca was back!
Teri: Oh boy.. I just finished Hollywood Dirt and I loved it! Even my typing has a new found Southern drawl and I’m sure I’ll be watching my manners this week more so than usual. Sweet tea anyone? What a great book!!!
Michelle: Finished and just loved Hollywood Dirt – refreshing, funny, sexy!
- Burning Bond (Holly Woods Files, #6) by Emma Hart <— JUST RELEASED!! SOUNDS LIKE A LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT! “…Two men, both determined to protect me. I think I could love one. I’m almost certain I’m in love with the other. Ride or die just got a whole lot realer…“
- Empire (The Syndicate Series Book 5) by Kathy Coopmans <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Bossy (An Office Romance #1) by J.L. Beck <— HE’S HER NEW BOSS… Recent release and super-bargain priced, too! “When Cameron offers me a deal I can’t refuse in return for one weeks worth of no strings attached sex I think what do I have to lose?“
- The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North <— SCI-FI THRILLER ALERT! NO MATTER WHAT, NO ONE EVER REMEMBERS HER… Oooooh you guys this sounds like my thing!!! This BLURB definitely gave me that coveted jolt. I must make it mine! 😉 “No matter what I do, the words I say, the crimes I commit, you will never remember who I am. That makes my life difficult. It also makes me dangerous.”
- Torch: A Second Chance Romance by Roxie Noir <— FIREFIGHTER ALERT! This one’s got a bunch of great reviews and is super-bargain priced today. “…women? They practically line up to slide down my pole. I never did like repeating myself. Not since she broke my heart into a thousand pieces, anyway. Clementine’s that ex. The one I haven’t seen in eight years. The one I thought I was going to marry until she dumped my ass while I was on active duty in Afghanistan. The one who’s suddenly next door when my crew has a few days off in her tiny town…“
- Beautiful (The Beautiful Series Book 10) by Christina Lauren <— RECENTLY RELEASED, LAST OF THE SERIES and Lisa LOVED it!
Lisa: Just finished Beautiful and it was the perfect conclusion to that series. I’m going to miss that group. And can I just say. ..the Christina Lauren duo are bloody well Grand Pohbahs of contemporary romance…..their characters are so well developed and given so much depth the reader ‘knows’ them…..their likes, dislikes, idiosyncrasies, humor…..and the authors maintain the depth in the characters across every book…no one fades into the background. Loved it all.
- fugly (The Fugly Series Book 1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— SHE’S CONSIDERED UNATTRACTIVE & HER BOSS OWNS A COSMETICS COMPANY ALERT! I read this one, because I was so interested in the dynamic of this kind of relationship. A man who demands physical beauty… and a woman who gives him a run for his money. It’s super-bargain priced today! (here’s my review)
fia: I just finished Mimi jean pamfilloff’s Fugly, one of the best ride of my life, can’t put it down, definitely five stars for me, after her King series, Mimi jean is an automatic buy. Yayy me !!
Grey: I read fugly. This one was interesting for me. Solid 4.25. It bothered me that they didn’t describe her… And I felt like the ending was rushed a bit. But the angst and the gut check feels were on point, and I couldn’t put it down.
Young: I just finished the sample of Fugly. OMG..MINE!!!! It sounds so fun! I love that the h is so unique and refreshing, and of course H is a giant mean A-hole The author is one of my favorites.
- Capture Me & Bind Me by Anna Zaires <— DARK READ ALERT!! “The first two books in the dark romance Capture Me trilogy, available for a limited time in one convenient, discounted bundle“
- Illuminae (The Illuminae Files) by Amie Kaufman <— HUGE SCI-FI DYSTOPIAN HIT that rocked our fellow readers worlds! And it’s super bargain priced today. My best book buds LOVE IT!!
Fabi: The absolute best book I’ve EVER read. Yup, in my whole life. That hardcover design just blew my mind. Plus, almost the entire book is quote worthy. Since I read the hard-cover, I don’t have my handy highlights. But I remember just reading and rereading certain lines and parts. AND, there are almost 7,300 ratings on GR with an average of 4.30 stars. That’s seems like a pretty solid accomplishment for those two authors. 🙂
Michelle: Illuminae is an easy #1 for my year!
- Inked Armor (The Clipped Wings Series Book 2) by Helena Hunting <— Kat found us this one on sale, today!
Lisa: I’ve loved Helena Huntings Pucked series and Clipped Wings. She’s becoming an ‘immediate one-click’ author for me.
- Faultlines by Barbara Taylor Sissel <— THEIR TEENS ARE IN A CAR ACCIDENT… “As the young adults struggle to survive, tension between their parents escalates. But when trust is broken and a shocking family secret is exposed, it creates a perfect storm of harrowing consequences.” Amy found us this one!!
“I found a new-to-me in my recommendations on Amazon that looks REALLY good…Faultlines by Barbara Taylor Sissel.”
- Fault Line by C. Desir <— LEFT AMY ALL MESSED UP! Amy found us some goodies, including this one!
Amy: Faultline by C. Desir, which left me all kinds of messed up. It was pretty dang good, but I just felt so raw and twisted up by the end of the book. I’m still not sure how I feel about the ending…
- Bleed Like Me by C. Desir <— INTENSE AND ANGSTY SOUNDING AND AMY FOUND US THIS ONE, TOO!!! Amy: “And speaking of C. Desir, her book Bleed Like Me is on sale… It sounds like it is just as much of a mind-messer as Faultline. Click. OH YES! It sounds VERY intense!!! “From the author of Fault Line comes an edgy and heartbreaking novel about two self-destructive teens in a Sid and Nancy–like romance full of passion, chaos, and dyed hair.“
- Until June: Until Her Series by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— THEY SECRETLY GOT MARRIED BEFORE HE LEFT FOR BOOT CAMP… “June promises to wait for him, knowing neither time or distance will ever change her feelings for Evan—that is until she’s served with divorce papers while he’s overseas and she’s forced to let him go. Her marriage and divorce a well-kept secret, the last person June expects to run into when she moves back to her hometown is Evan.” TWO BOOKS from this series are super-bargain priced today! THIS ONE… AND…
- Until July: ( Until Her ) by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— THIS ONE! SINGLE MOTHER & HE WANTS TO PROTECT HER. Plus it’s on super-bargain today!!! “Ellie Anthony isn’t looking for love. She isn’t even looking for a man, but when Jax Mayson insists on keeping her and her daughter safe, she’s left with no choice but to trust him…“
- Controlled Burn (The Kilgore Fire Series Book 4) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE ALERT! A new one just went LIVE!! He’s joining the SWAT team and she’s devastated… and scared for him. “July Dupree and Dean ‘PD’ Hargrove fell head over heels in love. When PD comes home to tell July the good news about joining the SWAT team as a tactical medic, everything changes. July can’t fathom why PD would want to be a cop in this day and age. Wasn’t it enough that he already had a dangerous job with the fire department? Now he has to add another, even more dangerous, job to the equation?”
- Evertaster (Evertaster Series) by Adam Glendon Sidwell <— And an ADORABLE looking book for kids!!! This one is super bargain priced today, too! “When eleven year-old Guster Johnsonville rejects his mother’s casserole for the umpteenth time, she takes him into the city of New Orleans to find him something to eat. There, in a dark, abandoned corner of the city, they meet a dying pastry maker who tells them of a legendary recipe called the Gastronomy of Peace — a recipe created hundreds of years ago, sought after by connoisseurs everywhere, and rumored to be so delicious that whoever tastes it will never want to eat anything else again…“
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan – October 11th 2016
- Small Great Things: A Novel by Jodi Picoult – October 11th 2016
- Going Down Fast (Billionaire Bad Boys Book 2) by Carly Phillips – October 11th 2016
- Midnight Untamed: A Midnight Breed Novella by Lara Adrian – October 11th 2016
- Sugar Free: A Sugar Bowl Novel by Sawyer Bennett – October 11th 2016
- Crimson Death: An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel by Laurell K. Hamilton – October 11th 2016
- All In (Full Tilt Book 2) by Emma Scott – October 11th 2016
- Mr. Mysterious: A Mister Standalone (The Mister Series Book 4) by J.A. Huss – October 12th 2016
- The Wrong Side of Rock Bottom by Jennifer Foor – October 14th 2016
- Pull Me Close: The Panic Seriesby Sidney Halston – October 25th 2016 <— SHE’S AGORAPHOBIC & RACHEL READ AN EARLY COPY AND LOVED IT!
Rachel: “Maryse I was recommended PULL ME CLOSE by Sidney halston via Goodreads. They’ve been harping on it so much I ended up getting a copy from Netgalley. Now I see what all the fuss is about! MARYSE, it is soooo damn good. Maybe the author will give you an arc or something. Listen to this…she had a tragic event something you are NOT expecting and has been a recluse for years because of it. She ends up meeting a guy who owns a nightclub. But she can’t go see him because she can’t leave her house beacaue she’s agoraphobic! Gahhh. So good.”
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).