Okay so what’s next for me? Not sure yet, but I’m thinking I want light and airy and giggle-inducing. Or sweet and deep. Definitely picking something from my main TBR lists, though, ’cause I know they’re tried & true! Maybe this: Coming Home. Yep… I’m thinking that one.
<— That one to the left? I hear it’s UBER-angsty. I like those. 😉 I dunno if my heart can take that just yet, though, but this is one’s on my reading-radar.
I’m still reading “The King: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood” (70% in, and should be finished tonight) It’s a long one, with lots of story lines, so the reader is switched around a lot, but I’m enjoying it! And I reallllly liked Z’s part in it… *swooooooon*.
Janet: Hey out there, it’s been a whole day–why is nobody talking about the King???? You’re killing me. Just got the audio–22 hours long, I’m starting it now. My house is gonna be so clean, and my dogs will be walked to death.
Shannon: Still reading….slowly to make it last!
Kelly: Is it wrong that I started it and then put it down after 2 chapters so I won’t finish it too quickly? I’m teasing myself and that is a bit sad.
Lori: You really have to concentrate on it – there’s so many story lines going on…really liking it though!
Maryse’s Book Blog: Lori, I agree. It took me until about 20% or 30% to read steady into it, ’cause of all the switcheroos… but it’s her style lately, and I’m getting used to it now…
Lori: I’m about 65% and really really liking it…I think it’s the best one in quite a while!! loving all the secondary characters…
Maryse’s Book Blog: I like that they’re all romance related… each side-story is heavy on the “love-find”.
Okay so… ready for this week’s goodies? Reader recommendations, bargain finds and!! I also did a few searches for some of my fav books, hoping to find others similar (in feel/style) and found a few good-looking “Amazon” suggestions that caught my eye (I added them below, too)! A good list of super-angst, fighters, military men scarred (emotionally) from the war, sweet love stories and famous stars!
PLUS!! A ton of new pre-orders (below) like… a NEW one from KRISTEN ASHLEY THIS TUESDAY!!!! —>The Will (The Magdalene Series). OMG!!!!! Retired boxer??? YES PLEASE!
Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant.
While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love.
But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it.
Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Against All Odds by Angie McKeon <— JUST RELEASED and I’m hearing it’s allllll sorts of angsty!! And I mean A-N-G-S-T! Kelly says: “Maryse, just finished Against All Odds by Angie McKeon and WOW! Angst extraordinaire. So good and really well written. You should check it out. Definitely worth the read. (after you’ve come out of your BDB haze of course.)“
- Freedom: (Fearsome #2) by S.A Wolf <— JUST RELEASED (standalone sequel to “Fearsome”) Thanks Stephanie!
- Dark Trade by Miranda Kavi <— JUST RELEASED. Thanks Stephanie. Looks good! “She meets Dmitri, a rumored international arms dealer under investigation in twenty-two countries. She knows better than to get involved, but she can’t stop herself. Their tumultuous relationship takes her to dangerous places and leads her on a path that uncovers corruption with her company and in her own morality. Loving a criminal has dark consequences.“
- KNOX: Volume 2 by Cassia Leo <– JUST RELEASED (short serial installments?)
- Knockout by Tracey Ward <— JUST RELEASED/FIGHTER ALERT! “Kellen Coulter has a way with women. A boxer from the wrong side of town, he worked his way through the wealthy daughters at Weston High with a brilliant smile, sweet words and vacant eyes. No one gets close. No one gets through. No one knows the secrets hiding inside. No one but Jenna Monroe. Four years younger than Kellen, she’s the only girl he’s ever let in.“
- Forgive Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance) by Melanie Walker <— JUST RELEASED!
- The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies #1) <— Ohhhhh deal of the century!! Tarry Fisher’s “Love Me With Lies” series is/was?? on sale yesterday – 1 day only BUT!!! They appear to be still on sale right now (but I’m not sure how long that’s going to last) so make sure to double-check if you check out on Amazon… (also check out my review)
- Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2) <— (check out my review (only if you’ve read #1)
- Thief (Love Me With Lies #3) <— and the last in the trilogy check out my review (only if you’ve read #1 & #2)
- Still Life with Strings by L.H. Cosway <— recent release by an author I enjoy! “He wants me to teach him how to live. I’m not sure how much a twenty-six year old recovering alcoholic who works in a bar and moonlights as a living statue can teach a world class concert violinist, but I’m sure going to try.“
- Rumor Has It (Limelight #1) by Elisabeth Grace <—FAMOUS GUY ALERT!! PLUS book #2 was just released! (Thanks Aimee!!). Janet says: “this was really good. the 2nd in the series just came out too.” and Shannon agrees: “I really enjoyed this book (thanks Janet) and I can’t wait to start book 2” “…There’s only one little problem – the man of your dreams is none other than Mason Nash, the latest hip-hop star busting up the music charts. Fame and fortune are his calling cards and he’s vying to steal the show on a new reality TV series that will catapult him into mainstream stardom. Hello spotlight. The man behind the famous persona is perfect for Ellie in every way, but can she overcome the ugly pitfalls that come with Mason’s celebrity status?“
- Picture Perfect (Limelight) by Elisabeth Grace <— book #2 JUST RELEASED!!
- Golden Hour (Crescent City) by Campbell Reinhardt <— recent release and looks all sorts of adult-medical angsty! “… being there during the golden hour doesn’t mean you’ll be able to save the one you love… New Orleans native and ER nurse, Elise Dupuis knows that fact all too well. There was nothing she could do to save her fiancé, New Orleans police officer Mike Bazanac, when he was brought into her hospital with two fatal bullet wounds…“
- ROOK and RONIN OMNIBUS EDITION: TRAGIC~MANIC~PANIC – The Complete Trilogy by J.A. Huss <—- the trilogy (models that fall in love) bundled together! (thanks Caroline!!!)
- The Fixed Trilogy: Fixed on You, Found in You, Forever with You by Laurelin Paige <— THIS trilogy has been bundled!
- Tainted Bodies (Crime Romance: The Photographer Trilogy #1) by Sarah Robinson <— book #2 will be released in a couple of weeks. (Thanks Stephanie)
- With This Heart by R.S. Grey <— Danielle recommends this recent release: “I loved this book! I smiled, laughed and cried!” and Kandace is enjoying it! “I’m reading this one right now. I’m really liking it.” —> “Beck was the plot twist that took me by surprise. Two months before I met him, death was knocking at my door. I’d all but given up my last scrap of hope when suddenly, I was given a second chance at life. This time around, I wasn’t going to let it slip through my fingers. We set out on a road trip with nothing to lose and no guarantees of tomorrow.“
- Toxic (Lights of Peril #3) by A.C. Baxtor <— BIKER BOOK ALERT and lots of great reviews!!! I hear these aren’t necessarily as “raw and gritty” as son of our other fav biker books but Christine enjoyed it! “Last week I saw someone mention Holding On by A.C. Vector. I loved and was really impressed. Give it a peak.”
- Seven Years (Seven Series #1) by Dannika Dark <— paranormal!
- One to Keep (One to Hold) by Tia Louise <— (thanks Aimee) “After his fiancée cheats, he follows up with a one-night stand and a disastrous office hook-up. His business partner (Derek Alexander) sends him to the desert to get his head straight—and clean up the mess. While there, Patrick meets Elaine, and blistering sparks fly, but she’s not looking for any guy. Or a long-distance relationship.“
- Engaging the Boss (Heirs of Damon) by Noelle Adams <— this one sounds cute (unrequited love for her boss)! “Sarah has been Jonathan’s assistant for years, and she knows he’s never thought of her in any other way. She’s happy to play the part of his fiancee, but being thrown into unusual intimacy with her brilliant, sexy boss stirs up feelings she has never been able to admit before. If only those feelings could be returned…“
- Stirred Up #2 by Angela Graham <— very recent release (the conclusion of the series), *short* Tons of great reviews already! I’m afraid to check out the blurb though, ’cause I don’t wanna spoil it for me. 😉
- Stirred Up 1 by Angela Graham <— and here’s #1. Okay now I’m checking out this blurb. Er… okay blurb gives me nothing, but lots of great reviews. LOL!
- Fight or Fall by Anne Leigh <— FIGHTER BOOK recent release. I’m not getting much (love-story wise) from the blurb but here’s a bit: “This is NOT your typical fighter story. In this arena where fame and glory are at stake, one man seeks to find the humanity he once possessed. He fights not for honor but for redemption.”
- Finally Home (Home Series) by K. Webster <— Recent release, bargain priced and lots of good reviews so far. From the blurb, he’s struggling after coming home from the war… “At a society ball when she was seventeen years old, Lainey Riley looked up from the dance floor to the balcony above and saw a man in Navy dress whites who would haunt her dreams for years to come. He was her cousin’s best friend and commanding officer, and he had the most beautiful, unique eyes she had ever seen. She would not see him again for nearly ten years, but the image of his face and his eyes was never far from her thoughts. When she meets him again while counseling the son of her cousin’s fiancée, sparks definitely fly between them.“
- Giving In: The Sandy Cove Series (Book 1) by M.R. Joseph <— recent release, bargain priced and this one, too, has a bunch of great looking reviews! Bits from the blurb: “Ladies love him and fall all over him for his swoon worthy good looks and overwhelming sex appeal. He knows how to talk to them and tells them exactly what they want to hear. When he’s done making them scream his name, he shows them straight to the door.” <— UGH!!! 😉 And then… “Harlow Hannum is your typical girl-next-door. She has the brains, the beauty, and the money. What she doesn’t have is the luxury of being someone’s first choice in the game of love. She always comes in a distant second place, leaving her guarded with her feelings.” (oh oh… that sounds like romantic-angst potential).
- Courting Chaos by Jacklyn Dumais <— as I was searching for more like “The Plan” I found this bargain-priced one. Not a ton of reviews yet, but the blurb got me, and even the lower-ish reviews make it sound good. LOL! I’m checkin’ it out! “Her sister is getting married to her ex, her brother’s sexual escapades are making headlines, her mother is going crazy, and her father’s not speaking to any of them. But perhaps strangest of all, her coworker and arch-rival has offered to be her date for the wedding. Because bringing home a fake boyfriend always works out… right?“
- Sexy Summers (Sexy Series) by Dani Lovell <— WHOA! Tons of GREAT reviews for this one!. These look like romance-fun! “Getting pregnant with a super-hot slice of womanising, Californian man-cake was not the plan when Tilly left London for her much anticipated summer holiday in beautiful Los Angeles. Luke Summers is the fun-loving, crazy-sexy personal fitness instructor who drives Tilly wild and unknowingly gave her this huge, unexpected gift. As things heat up again during a Christmas trip to Aspen, will Tilly be brave enough to tell ‘daddy’ the good news? Or will their raw passion and wild bedroom antics keep her from admitting the truth?“
- Sexy Hart (Sexy Series) by Dani Lovell <— And here’s another book in that same series that was JUST RELEASED! From the blurb, she’s into her male BFF, but he has a jealous girlfriend…
- Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined) by Aly Martinez <— This one’s on my TBR list (caught my eye a few weeks ago), and Crystal recommends it! “You have to add Changing Course it’s so sadly amazingly beautiful” <— “I tried to hold on to her and the future that we were supposed to build together. But you can’t hold on to someone that doesn’t exist anymore. … …what happens when your past haunts your present, and the woman you used to love refuses to accept the woman you can’t live without?“
- Room 212 by Kate Stewart <— and Lisa recommends this recent release: “Also, Room 212 was a fantastic story of life, love, and second chances.”
- The Will (The Magdalene Series) by Kristen Ashley <—- OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! A brand spankin’ new series by one of my fav authors ever! <— RELEASING THIS TUESDAY!! April 8th 2014
- Capturing Peace: A Novella by Molly McAdams <— RELEASING THIS TUESDAY!! April 8th 2014
- Silent Bite-A Scanguards Wedding: A Scanguards Vampire Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Tina Folsom <— RELEASING THIS TUESDAY!! April 8th 2014 <— RELEASING THIS TUESDAY!! April 8th 2014
- ‘Til Death (Conversion) by S.C. Stephens
- Remembering You (Remember Series) by Sandi Lynn <— RELEASING THIS TUESDAY!! April 8th 2014
- Breathe into Me by Sara Fawkes <— RELEASING THIS TUESDAY!! April 8th 2014
- Fighting to Forget (The Fighting Series) by J.B. Salsbury <— Book #3 in this FIGHTER series!! – expected release date April 15th 2014
- Nowhere But Here: A Novel by Renee Carlino <— expected release date May 5th 2014
- Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train) by Katie Ashley <— expected release date May 12th 2014
- Whisper to Me: Between Breaths by Christina Lee <— expected release date May 20th 2014
- Lead (A Stage Dive Novel) by Kylie Scott – ROCK START BOOKS THAT I LOVE!!! expected release date July 29th 2014 <— Lead singer??!! I like those. 😉
- Deep (A Stage Dive Novel) by Kylie Scott – ROCK START BOOKS THAT I LOVE!!! – expected release date December 23rd 2014!!!
- Mai Tai’d Up (The Cocktail Series) by Alice Clayton – expected release date December 2nd 2014
- Last Call by Alice Clayton – expected release date January 6th 2015