Lots of new (bargain priced) releases below, with sweet sounding love stories, or purposely vague blurbs that have me intrigued. 😉 Plus some awesome reader recommendations, and super-sales, so I think we’ve got a good list to play with!
The ones that gave me an extra *blurb jolt*? Definitely the one to the left – Among The Echoes (I’m already a huge fan of this author), so I’m excited about this bad boy fighter! The True Diary of That Girl – it’s just a little over 150 pages, so I’m not sure if it’s a standalone or not, but I like that she says that we won’t see the “secret” coming (challenge accepted!! :P), The Summer I Fell (this is one of the “sweet-sounding” ones. I love stories of friends, that were raised together that fall in love), the whole The Wild Side series (another author I love, and our fellow readers really enjoyed this series). Oh and Draw (Gentry Boys #1)!! <— That just sounds 100% up my alley.
Plus there are a few enticing “dark reads” and unconventional love stories (an escort, a porn star, an older woman/younger man, strangers stuck on a deserted island <— YES PLEASE!!! 😉 ) that I’m curious about, below, too. 😉
But the one I’m starting next? Ahhhh… I’m thinking Six of Hearts. An author I’ve read (and loved), and I’m getting some very honest and positive feedback on this latest release. Another one of those convoluted blurbs that I can’t seem to wrap around my imagination as to how this book will go, but I’m gonna trust my fellow readers with their stamps of approval. Or maybe Beloved Healer. It sounds so unconventional… unusual (plus this author has a great “rocking-my-romance-world” track record).
And let’s not forget the absolutely OUTSTANDING looking pre-releases (at the end of this list) that will be out this Tuesday. I think the next big release day is going to rock our reading week!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Among The Echoes by Aly Martinez <— JUST RELEASED FIGHTER BOOK alert!! I love this author’s other books, and her latest release has given me a *blurb jolt* Okay, so I think she’s in the witness protection program and… “He’s rich and famous, and one image of him with a woman would earn millions for any paparazzi lucky enough to snap it. He has vowed to protect me with his life, yet he exposes me with his every breath. I should be stronger and walk away. I should disappear. But I’m terrified he would come after me.” Yep. I’m gonna read it! 😀
- Reach Me by J.L. Mac <— JUST RELEASED!! A single mom nearing her 30th birthday…
- CARNAGE #2: The Story Of Me by Lesley Jones <— JUSY RELEASED!! I know MANY were very excited for book #2 after that crazy tumultuous story in book #1 (my review of Carnage #1). Well, you don’t have to wait anymore. It just went live!
- High Stakes (A Dark Romance) by Vanessa Waltz <— JUST RELEASED!! Stephanie found it for us saying: “Mafia + Dark Romance = My Kind of Book!!! High Stakes (A Dark Romance) by Vanessa Waltz Only 99¢ for a limited time! Standalone with No Cliffhanger!” <— Sounds great! 😀 A bit from the blurb: “He promised that nothing would ever happen to me. The Vittorio family wants me dead and there’s only one person I can turn to. But what scares me is what I’ll have to do. I’ll need to become his.“
- The True Diary of That Girl by J.S. Cooper <— JUST RELEASED! Sounds gooooood ’cause the blurb hints at a secret that will blow us away! I love those! “I had a lover and a friends with benefits when I met the man I thought was ‘The One’. Only thing is he had a bigger secret than I did. I sure didn’t see that coming. And neither will you. This is the story of my messed up life.“
- Gone by Anna bloom <— JUST RELEASED, pretty cover… sounds sweet. I’m not getting much from the blurb other than tragic pasts and damaged souls meeting… healing?
- The Summer I Fell (The Six Series Book 1) by Sonya Loveday <— JUST RELEASED… sounds sweet. “Growing up alongside of six guys is never easy. Especially in high school. Falling in love with one of the Six? Even harder when Ace has a hold of her heart, and he doesn’t even know it.“
- Scruples by Ditter Kellen <— JUST RELEASED and I’m getting from the blurb that this is a funny one! But that’s pretty much all I’m getting… something about finding (saving) their love? Hehe. 😉
- Abstract Love by Samantha Christy <— JUST RELEASED and sounds like it could be heartbreaking. He’s from the perfect family life, and she isn’t… “Fate has dealt them each an unfortunate blow. While they are fighting for life and facing mortality, they meet in the most unlikely place. Keri and Jace find they share a connection deeper than most people can fathom.“
- Draw (Gentry Boys #1) by Cora Brent <— Oh I like the sound of this. Bad boy (considered “white trash” triplets)… “He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of nature I’d known since childhood. Years ago, Cord seduced me as a sick game. I’ve hated him ever since. Now here he is again, a man who beats other men bloody for money. Cord has always been heartless, dangerous, not to be trusted. And I want him so much I can’t think.“
- The Mitchell Family Series Box Set 1-4.5 by Jenn Foor <— BUNDLE JUST RELEASED and just bundled and put on sale!
- Forbidden Fruit: Preacher’s Son (Omnibus) by Jasinda Wilder <— BUNDLE JUST RELEASED (all three in the series).
- My First, My Last by Lacey Silks <— RECENTLY RELEASED Bad boy book! “His sudden appearance at a bar, on a girls night out, has Mia acting like the fifteen year old girl she was when they parted. But life now is not as simple as it was twenty years ago. With two kids, a hopeful ex husband and new insecurities, Mia finds opening up to a new relationship more challenging.“
- Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace <– bringing this one back to the list ’cause Sadie is loving it! She says: “Feeling Don’t Let Go big time Maryse! Not done yet but I know Sabrina loved it and Jules is reading it now. I connected right away. Lots of feels and angst.” and Sabrina agrees: “Yes Sadie – it was sooooo good!!!”
- Broken Series by Dawn Pendleton <— Stephanie found us this series bundled right now! A bit from the blubr: “Luke Bates was devastated when Mallory left him for the city life. He managed to pull himself together and move on, even if only just barely. When Mallory shows up in town, Luke vows to stay away from her at all costs. So why does he want to spend as much time with her as he can?“
- Best Friends Forever (Complete Series) by Dawn Pendleton <— and Stephanie found us her other series, also bundled! “In the Best Friends Forever collection, meet the students of Coastal Carolina University. Their lives are all completely intertwined, the good, the bad, and the hated.“
- Drifting into Darkness by J.M. La Rocca <— Kat found us this one on sale today. “He was a bad boy with a reputation that exceeded my own. The guy all the girls wanted to change, the one that hooked up with random girls because he didn’t do relationships. He was exactly the kind of guy I wanted to stay away from, but there was something about him…” <– Yep. And that “something” is called the “bad boy” appeal. Tee hee! No I haven’t read it yet, I’m just being goofy.
- Until Alex by J. Nathan <— Recent release, and from the blurb I’m getting that he’s a mess (living two lives) and she’s had a loss, is devastated, and starting over. “Now she’s hundreds of miles from home, living with an aunt she doesn’t know, finishing senior year at a college she’s never been to, and trying desperately to get through a single day without breaking down. She’s never felt more alone in her life…”
- How I became Lotus Raine by Erika Ashby <— PORN STAR… this recent release is on sale today (thank you Stephanie!)
- SLADE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini <— DARK READ ALERT!! Stephanie found us this deal today, too! “MARY is the perfect tool to use against the man who took his sister, Lily. What better way to exact retribution from Governor Hagen and force him to bring Lily back, than to steal his own daughter and threaten to sell her as a sex slave, too? But, even the best laid plans don’t always go smoothly. Slade ends up falling for his captive, and is faced with a decision that might just cause him to lose the one thing he doesn’t want to let go.“
- Play (Completion Series) by Holly S. Roberts <— BAD BOY SPORTS STAR ALERT!! And it’s on sale today! They meet at a party… “…an unknown champion saves the night. When Killian assists Rebecca off the floor, she’s stunned into silence while staring at the sexiest man alive. Will Killian’s bad boy rep and Rebecca’s need for commitment, make this the most impossible “Play” of the season? Or, will Killian’s haunting past and need for victory destroy the most important game of his life?“
- Call Me Saffron (Greenpoint Pleasures Book 1) by Talia Quinn <— Recent release with an interesting premise! “Her high-priced call-girl roommate Jeanine has other ideas. She persuades Samantha to take her place for one night with Dylan Krause, an incredibly hot prospective client recovering from a messy divorce. She says it’ll be good for Samantha to be with someone without her usual expectations and complications. It’s more than good. It’s intense, extraordinary, and emotionally devastating. During their long, intimate night together, they bare, not just their bodies, but their souls.” and then!! “Then one day, he walks into the architecture firm where she works. Seeing him threatens to destroy the careful walls she’s built around her heart–and this time she can’t run away.”
- Shipwrecked with the Billionaire Rock Star by Victoria Wessex <— Another recent release that intrigues me. I’m a sucker for the “strangers stuck on a deserted island” theme. 😉 “When the yacht is caught in a storm, the pair are stranded on a desert island and must rely on each other to survive. As the days pass, the friction between them threatens to ignite into lust…but Hannah’s been hurt before. Can she learn to trust a man with Adam’s reputation?“
- DAIR (The Wild Side #3) by R.K. Lilley <— MichelleS LOVED this series! “Dair was hot – loved it!!! Did those three novellas back-to-back!” Here’s The Wild Side Series Reading Order. 😀
- Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— I’m bring this one back to the list ’cause I think it’s next for me! 😀 And Ro loved it! “Maryse!!! You have got to put Six of Hearts at the top of your to-read list stat. Spent the whole night reading it anddddd I’ll guarantee you might love it even more than painted faces. So so so good. Finally, a story I don’t mind re-reading again. All-time fave for 2014. Ok I don’t want to hype it up too much LOL.” <— LOL!!! Okay, you’ve convinced me!
- The Traveler by Melissa Delport <— Hey look!!! Another recent release by the author of that crazy-awesome read “Rainfall“! Fabi brought it to my attention saying: “I just remembered one that’s kind of ‘out there’, “The Traveler” by Melissa Delport I think. I really liked it.” Thank you Fabi!!! 😀 Sounds like a paranormal/fantasy from this blurb: “Fleeing for her life amidst the chaos of a raging, burning city, Rachel realizes man’s only chance of survival lies in the hands of the very person who betrayed her all those years ago.”
- Unfinished by Shae Scott <— Tiffany found us this deal! From the blurb… best friends that become more? But she walks away, and then 10 years later, they reunite.
- Second Chances by H.M. Ward <— This one’s blurb got me a week or so ago, so I’m bringing it back ’cause Jean is loving it, saying: “… ended up starting Second Chances by H.M. Ward……. it’s sooooo good! I am loving it!” OH YES! The older woman (single mom), younger man story!! “Years pass and I’m still here, but it doesn’t feel like it, not until the lawn guy, Daniel Clement, checks me out. Me. A yoga-panting, pony tailing, frumpy-butt, frizzy mommy who’s covered in whatever the baby tossed on me at lunch. Daniel’s dark eyes linger too long, as if he likes what he sees. I’m shocked and flattered, but he’s too young.“
PRE-ORDERS (most of ‘em are releasing this Tuesday! This is an INSANE LIST!!)
- Opposition (A Lux Novel Book 5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Lay It Down: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna <— *squeee!!* – expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Virgin by Radhika Sanghani <— THIS was the one that was on the back of our Book Bash volunteer t-shirts! – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters
- Jane’s Harmony: A Novel by Ryan Winfield – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blurred: A Connections Novella by Kim Karr – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Ugly Love: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— expected release date August 5th 2014!! *squeeeee!!*
- Taking it All (The Surrender Trilogy) by Maya Banks – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Truly: The New York Series (The New York Trilogy) by Ruthie Knox – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Hero of a Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf) by Terry Spear – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Crave the Night: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark Book 14) by Kresley Cole – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Devil’s Bargain by Christine Warren – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blood Games: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloee Neill – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Captured by Jasinda Wilder <— expected release date August 12th 2014 – this sounds awesome! “I married a Marine. I knew the risks. Every time my husband shipped out, I knew there was a chance he wouldn’t come back. But Thomas always did. Always. Then one day two officers in full dress uniform knocked on my door and shattered my world. “
- Indestructible (Harmony Book 3) by Angela Graham <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on AUGUST 12th 2014!
- Darkness: 12 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on September 23rd 2014!
- Deacon (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 4) by Kristen Ashley <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on September 23rd 2014!