Lots of new (bargain priced) releases below, with sweet sounding love stories, or purposely vague blurbs that have me intrigued. 😉 Plus some awesome reader recommendations, and super-sales, so I think we’ve got a good list to play with!
The ones that gave me an extra *blurb jolt*? Definitely the one to the left – Among The Echoes (I’m already a huge fan of this author), so I’m excited about this bad boy fighter! The True Diary of That Girl – it’s just a little over 150 pages, so I’m not sure if it’s a standalone or not, but I like that she says that we won’t see the “secret” coming (challenge accepted!! :P), The Summer I Fell (this is one of the “sweet-sounding” ones. I love stories of friends, that were raised together that fall in love), the whole The Wild Side series (another author I love, and our fellow readers really enjoyed this series). Oh and Draw (Gentry Boys #1)!! <— That just sounds 100% up my alley.
Plus there are a few enticing “dark reads” and unconventional love stories (an escort, a porn star, an older woman/younger man, strangers stuck on a deserted island <— YES PLEASE!!! 😉 ) that I’m curious about, below, too. 😉
But the one I’m starting next? Ahhhh… I’m thinking Six of Hearts. An author I’ve read (and loved), and I’m getting some very honest and positive feedback on this latest release. Another one of those convoluted blurbs that I can’t seem to wrap around my imagination as to how this book will go, but I’m gonna trust my fellow readers with their stamps of approval. Or maybe Beloved Healer. It sounds so unconventional… unusual (plus this author has a great “rocking-my-romance-world” track record).
And let’s not forget the absolutely OUTSTANDING looking pre-releases (at the end of this list) that will be out this Tuesday. I think the next big release day is going to rock our reading week!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Among The Echoes by Aly Martinez <— JUST RELEASED FIGHTER BOOK alert!! I love this author’s other books, and her latest release has given me a *blurb jolt* Okay, so I think she’s in the witness protection program and… “He’s rich and famous, and one image of him with a woman would earn millions for any paparazzi lucky enough to snap it. He has vowed to protect me with his life, yet he exposes me with his every breath. I should be stronger and walk away. I should disappear. But I’m terrified he would come after me.” Yep. I’m gonna read it! 😀
- Reach Me by J.L. Mac <— JUST RELEASED!! A single mom nearing her 30th birthday…
- CARNAGE #2: The Story Of Me by Lesley Jones <— JUSY RELEASED!! I know MANY were very excited for book #2 after that crazy tumultuous story in book #1 (my review of Carnage #1). Well, you don’t have to wait anymore. It just went live!
- High Stakes (A Dark Romance) by Vanessa Waltz <— JUST RELEASED!! Stephanie found it for us saying: “Mafia + Dark Romance = My Kind of Book!!! High Stakes (A Dark Romance) by Vanessa Waltz Only 99¢ for a limited time! Standalone with No Cliffhanger!” <— Sounds great! 😀 A bit from the blurb: “He promised that nothing would ever happen to me. The Vittorio family wants me dead and there’s only one person I can turn to. But what scares me is what I’ll have to do. I’ll need to become his.“
- The True Diary of That Girl by J.S. Cooper <— JUST RELEASED! Sounds gooooood ’cause the blurb hints at a secret that will blow us away! I love those! “I had a lover and a friends with benefits when I met the man I thought was ‘The One’. Only thing is he had a bigger secret than I did. I sure didn’t see that coming. And neither will you. This is the story of my messed up life.“
- Gone by Anna bloom <— JUST RELEASED, pretty cover… sounds sweet. I’m not getting much from the blurb other than tragic pasts and damaged souls meeting… healing?
- The Summer I Fell (The Six Series Book 1) by Sonya Loveday <— JUST RELEASED… sounds sweet. “Growing up alongside of six guys is never easy. Especially in high school. Falling in love with one of the Six? Even harder when Ace has a hold of her heart, and he doesn’t even know it.“
- Scruples by Ditter Kellen <— JUST RELEASED and I’m getting from the blurb that this is a funny one! But that’s pretty much all I’m getting… something about finding (saving) their love? Hehe. 😉
- Abstract Love by Samantha Christy <— JUST RELEASED and sounds like it could be heartbreaking. He’s from the perfect family life, and she isn’t… “Fate has dealt them each an unfortunate blow. While they are fighting for life and facing mortality, they meet in the most unlikely place. Keri and Jace find they share a connection deeper than most people can fathom.“
- Draw (Gentry Boys #1) by Cora Brent <— Oh I like the sound of this. Bad boy (considered “white trash” triplets)… “He and his brothers were tough, lusty forces of nature I’d known since childhood. Years ago, Cord seduced me as a sick game. I’ve hated him ever since. Now here he is again, a man who beats other men bloody for money. Cord has always been heartless, dangerous, not to be trusted. And I want him so much I can’t think.“
- The Mitchell Family Series Box Set 1-4.5 by Jenn Foor <— BUNDLE JUST RELEASED and just bundled and put on sale!
- Forbidden Fruit: Preacher’s Son (Omnibus) by Jasinda Wilder <— BUNDLE JUST RELEASED (all three in the series).
- My First, My Last by Lacey Silks <— RECENTLY RELEASED Bad boy book! “His sudden appearance at a bar, on a girls night out, has Mia acting like the fifteen year old girl she was when they parted. But life now is not as simple as it was twenty years ago. With two kids, a hopeful ex husband and new insecurities, Mia finds opening up to a new relationship more challenging.“
- Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace <– bringing this one back to the list ’cause Sadie is loving it! She says: “Feeling Don’t Let Go big time Maryse! Not done yet but I know Sabrina loved it and Jules is reading it now. I connected right away. Lots of feels and angst.” and Sabrina agrees: “Yes Sadie – it was sooooo good!!!”
- Broken Series by Dawn Pendleton <— Stephanie found us this series bundled right now! A bit from the blubr: “Luke Bates was devastated when Mallory left him for the city life. He managed to pull himself together and move on, even if only just barely. When Mallory shows up in town, Luke vows to stay away from her at all costs. So why does he want to spend as much time with her as he can?“
- Best Friends Forever (Complete Series) by Dawn Pendleton <— and Stephanie found us her other series, also bundled! “In the Best Friends Forever collection, meet the students of Coastal Carolina University. Their lives are all completely intertwined, the good, the bad, and the hated.“
- Drifting into Darkness by J.M. La Rocca <— Kat found us this one on sale today. “He was a bad boy with a reputation that exceeded my own. The guy all the girls wanted to change, the one that hooked up with random girls because he didn’t do relationships. He was exactly the kind of guy I wanted to stay away from, but there was something about him…” <– Yep. And that “something” is called the “bad boy” appeal. Tee hee! No I haven’t read it yet, I’m just being goofy.
- Until Alex by J. Nathan <— Recent release, and from the blurb I’m getting that he’s a mess (living two lives) and she’s had a loss, is devastated, and starting over. “Now she’s hundreds of miles from home, living with an aunt she doesn’t know, finishing senior year at a college she’s never been to, and trying desperately to get through a single day without breaking down. She’s never felt more alone in her life…”
- How I became Lotus Raine by Erika Ashby <— PORN STAR… this recent release is on sale today (thank you Stephanie!)
- SLADE: Captive to the Dark by Alaska Angelini <— DARK READ ALERT!! Stephanie found us this deal today, too! “MARY is the perfect tool to use against the man who took his sister, Lily. What better way to exact retribution from Governor Hagen and force him to bring Lily back, than to steal his own daughter and threaten to sell her as a sex slave, too? But, even the best laid plans don’t always go smoothly. Slade ends up falling for his captive, and is faced with a decision that might just cause him to lose the one thing he doesn’t want to let go.“
- Play (Completion Series) by Holly S. Roberts <— BAD BOY SPORTS STAR ALERT!! And it’s on sale today! They meet at a party… “…an unknown champion saves the night. When Killian assists Rebecca off the floor, she’s stunned into silence while staring at the sexiest man alive. Will Killian’s bad boy rep and Rebecca’s need for commitment, make this the most impossible “Play” of the season? Or, will Killian’s haunting past and need for victory destroy the most important game of his life?“
- Call Me Saffron (Greenpoint Pleasures Book 1) by Talia Quinn <— Recent release with an interesting premise! “Her high-priced call-girl roommate Jeanine has other ideas. She persuades Samantha to take her place for one night with Dylan Krause, an incredibly hot prospective client recovering from a messy divorce. She says it’ll be good for Samantha to be with someone without her usual expectations and complications. It’s more than good. It’s intense, extraordinary, and emotionally devastating. During their long, intimate night together, they bare, not just their bodies, but their souls.” and then!! “Then one day, he walks into the architecture firm where she works. Seeing him threatens to destroy the careful walls she’s built around her heart–and this time she can’t run away.”
- Shipwrecked with the Billionaire Rock Star by Victoria Wessex <— Another recent release that intrigues me. I’m a sucker for the “strangers stuck on a deserted island” theme. 😉 “When the yacht is caught in a storm, the pair are stranded on a desert island and must rely on each other to survive. As the days pass, the friction between them threatens to ignite into lust…but Hannah’s been hurt before. Can she learn to trust a man with Adam’s reputation?“
- DAIR (The Wild Side #3) by R.K. Lilley <— MichelleS LOVED this series! “Dair was hot – loved it!!! Did those three novellas back-to-back!” Here’s The Wild Side Series Reading Order. 😀
- Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— I’m bring this one back to the list ’cause I think it’s next for me! 😀 And Ro loved it! “Maryse!!! You have got to put Six of Hearts at the top of your to-read list stat. Spent the whole night reading it anddddd I’ll guarantee you might love it even more than painted faces. So so so good. Finally, a story I don’t mind re-reading again. All-time fave for 2014. Ok I don’t want to hype it up too much LOL.” <— LOL!!! Okay, you’ve convinced me!
- The Traveler by Melissa Delport <— Hey look!!! Another recent release by the author of that crazy-awesome read “Rainfall“! Fabi brought it to my attention saying: “I just remembered one that’s kind of ‘out there’, “The Traveler” by Melissa Delport I think. I really liked it.” Thank you Fabi!!! 😀 Sounds like a paranormal/fantasy from this blurb: “Fleeing for her life amidst the chaos of a raging, burning city, Rachel realizes man’s only chance of survival lies in the hands of the very person who betrayed her all those years ago.”
- Unfinished by Shae Scott <— Tiffany found us this deal! From the blurb… best friends that become more? But she walks away, and then 10 years later, they reunite.
- Second Chances by H.M. Ward <— This one’s blurb got me a week or so ago, so I’m bringing it back ’cause Jean is loving it, saying: “… ended up starting Second Chances by H.M. Ward……. it’s sooooo good! I am loving it!” OH YES! The older woman (single mom), younger man story!! “Years pass and I’m still here, but it doesn’t feel like it, not until the lawn guy, Daniel Clement, checks me out. Me. A yoga-panting, pony tailing, frumpy-butt, frizzy mommy who’s covered in whatever the baby tossed on me at lunch. Daniel’s dark eyes linger too long, as if he likes what he sees. I’m shocked and flattered, but he’s too young.“
PRE-ORDERS (most of ‘em are releasing this Tuesday! This is an INSANE LIST!!)
- Opposition (A Lux Novel Book 5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Lay It Down: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna <— *squeee!!* – expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Virgin by Radhika Sanghani <— THIS was the one that was on the back of our Book Bash volunteer t-shirts! – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters
- Jane’s Harmony: A Novel by Ryan Winfield – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blurred: A Connections Novella by Kim Karr – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Ugly Love: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— expected release date August 5th 2014!! *squeeeee!!*
- Taking it All (The Surrender Trilogy) by Maya Banks – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Truly: The New York Series (The New York Trilogy) by Ruthie Knox – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Hero of a Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf) by Terry Spear – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Crave the Night: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark Book 14) by Kresley Cole – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Devil’s Bargain by Christine Warren – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blood Games: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloee Neill – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Captured by Jasinda Wilder <— expected release date August 12th 2014 – this sounds awesome! “I married a Marine. I knew the risks. Every time my husband shipped out, I knew there was a chance he wouldn’t come back. But Thomas always did. Always. Then one day two officers in full dress uniform knocked on my door and shattered my world. “
- Indestructible (Harmony Book 3) by Angela Graham <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on AUGUST 12th 2014!
- Darkness: 12 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on September 23rd 2014!
- Deacon (The Unfinished Heroes Series Book 4) by Kristen Ashley <— pre-order is up and it’s releasing on September 23rd 2014!
Unfinished by Shae Scott is on sale for .99 right now. 🙂
Thanks Tiffany! I’ll add it. 😀
Shattered Promises by JR Grant is on sale for .99. Amazing read!!
Jean – hurry up already with your thoughts on HM Ward’s “Second Chances”!!! With that little blurb up there, I am INTERESTED. It sounds like just the flip-flop of the Wild Side novellas I just read (In those HE is the much older one and she is the nearly jail-bait crazy girl). It was crazy good. He became kind of obsessed with her and she was a mystery. All his inner caveman got to come out with his young little play-thing. So… I am definitely interested in Second Chances, since my inner-perv is already prepped from Wild Side! Maryse – I recommend Wild Side, because it is short – and if you don’t like it, you didn’t invest a ton of time – but I am betting you do like it… and go back-to-back like I did with the three novellas.
Ohhhh you are making me crave Wild Side even more now Michelle!
I think Lead and Six of Hearts are going to be my weekend reads. There are some others catching my eye, but my kindle is full of books and really want to tackle that. Plus library pile. I love romance books have been reading them for years and years. But I used to diversify more than I have been last couple years and thin I maybe a teeny bit burned out. o_O. Finishing Longbourn then Gone Girl. Do you ladies ever feel that way? Maybe shake up my sub genre of romance.
Maryse, Deborah Smith had a book that I read too many years ago that had a lot in common with sweet gum tree. The h comes from very respected family in small southern town and the H family the exact opposite. She is very young when she finds him a decides to take him home. I believe she refers to him as her boy. Anyway that’s the start. It has been over ten years so a little hazy but remember loving. Will have to look up name and post for those who like that trope.
I am ecstatic over today’s list! I have very few from the list, and I am going to do some *crazy* one-clicking! Happy Friday indeed!!! 😀
Maryse! On that website you posted a link to, she has a few swatches up already for A Novel Romance collection. Just search for them on her site. So far there are lipstick, lipglass and Novel Romance quad swatches. I am in love with the quad! And I love the Hearts Aflame and Myself lipsticks! I’m so giddy about this collection! Oh, and here is a link to swatches of *all* of the Alluring Aquatic collection. I know I keep mentioning it, but they are all soooooo pretty! I was only able to get the Seducing Sound Lipglass before (gorgeous!) but now they are all available again. Yay us!!!!!
Wow, mixing a crazy amount of coffee, bargain books and new makeup really makes me hyper. 😉
Um, maybe putting the link would help a bit:
I was one-clicking and saw this! All five of the Avoiding series books by K.A. Linde are bundled together for .99! Sorry in advance if you’ve listed this one before… *sheepish*
A Place to Call Home by Deborah Smith. The description gives a lot a way so may be careful with that if you want to experience the jolts as they happen. It was released in the nineties so it has been awhile since I read it. Ok, so one of the reviews posted the first sentence of the book & it made me smile so thought I’d share it if ok.
” It all started the year I performed as a tap dancing leprechaun at the St. Patrick’s Day carnival and Roanie Sullivan threatened to cut my cousin Carlton’s throat with a rusty pocket knife.”
Bev – that sounds like just my kind of book! “tap dancing leprechaun”… ha! And I got “These Old Shades” from my library… sitting here in my pile… may get to it this weekend!!!
Maryse – here’s a few lines / teasers from Wild Side: “She probably thought I was dad material.” “She was legal, thank God, but still far too young. At least for that.” “She came back with a strawberry popsicle. She’d chopped it in half, so it was just one long tick that bobbed in and out of her mouth. Al was about to lose my sh*t and the grin on her face told me she knew it.” OH, and his running inner dialogue is even better than Lena’s in “Lead”, I kid you not!
Second Chances sounds good. I already have Beloved Healer on my TBR. And my head is spinning with the new releases coming up next week. I’ve already preordered some. But I think I’m going to set aside some money from this paycheck because Aug and Sep are going to expensive. 🙂
Draw was sweet. I admit, I was hoping for more angst. Cute, but I really wanted more.
Swore I wasn’t going to 1-click anything today but this list made that impossible! Among the Echoes is calling me because I love Aly Martinez! But also intrigued by High Stakes, The True Diary of That Girl, Draw, Don’t Let Go, and definitely The Wild Side series because R.K. Lilley rocks!!
I am really loving Second Chances…… slow buildup and really loving the “lawn boy”, Daniel…..swoon….. he can cut my lawn anytime!!!! Lol!
Bev – I’ve read all of Deborah Smith’s books and loved them all. A Place to Call Home was the first one and it was wonderful, warm and sweet. A great book.
@ Michelle oh I hope you like it. It’s my favorite of hers. Adore Avon & Leonie.
@ Tracy that is how I remember it being but been awhile. When I was looking up the title I saw so many more books of hers than I remember from back in the day. And with some lovely covers think I try some of her others.
Tessa– 80% into Draw and I agree I thought there would be more. I like it but I want more.
Jean, you gonna let him trim your hedge, too? *snicker* 😛
Oh my I am squirreling with some of the blurbs today- Among the Echoes,The True Diary of That Girl-what is the twist??, Play- I love a sports star story, and of course I still want to read Six of Hearts- I’m in if you are Maryse! 😉
Although I could use a hot lawn boy!!!
Lol Amy….. after I typed that I thought “oh Amy is gonna have fun with that one”! But yeah… I would let him!! Haha!!!
*giggle* You know me well, you wanton woman. 😉
Here’s to lawn boys!! *raises martini glass* with this in it:
Omg Amy, that is great and looks yummy just like a lawn boy should! Lol!
Amy you crack me up. I have got to read it that book. I don’t have a lawn boy but I have to hide in the house when the pool boy comes out. It’s just too embarrassing to sit on the back porch drooling. hahaha *JK
After I read Taylor Jenkins Reid’s “Forever, Uninterrupted” (that last line just killed me!) I thought best debut book from an author I’ve read in a long time. Well, holy crap I think I may have found the book of the summer (or even,gulp) the year ?!! I one-clicked this ages ago from your new release section… finally read it recently. MY. HEART. MELTED. Seriously I ended up bookmarking 80% of the book, and have been re-reading compulsively. It’s “All of Me” by Gia Sorelle. 2nd book came out, also great but my heart belongs to Nathan in book 1. Ladies if you like your hero uptight, tormented and scarred and your heroines loveable you have to read this.
Damn Amy you have a drink for every book theme *LMAO!!!
“…looks yummy just like a lawn boy should! Lol!” Freaking awesome, Jean! LOL!!! I know, ladies. It looks like a mojito but with vodka instead of rum! I don’t have any fresh mint right now though. 🙁
Sasha, that last line killed me, too. I was sad (okay really, really, really sad) but doing okay until I read that line. *sniffle-sob* Someone posted on here (can’t remember who for the credit, sorry!) that it will be made into a movie with Dakota Johnson. I hope it lives up to the book!
*snicker* You’ve no idea, Cheryl. 😉 And Fabi, read it…like yesterday!!
So is lawn boy what’s for dinner tonight?
Maryse – I’m glad you are starting reading Six of Hearts. Once I started, I didn’t stop until I was done. So flipping good.
One Night Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas comes out on August 5th also!! She wrote the This Man trilogy which is one of my favorites of all time!!!
Just finished Six of Hearts. Love love love LH Cosway’s books! Still Life With Strings is SO good but Six? Sheesh! I need an *epic* ending like Matilda’s.
Now I’m leaning toward Lead for the rest of the night. Fingers crossed it’s amazing!
Lawn boy is tempting for tonight but not tempting enough to drag me away from Lahn and Circe. Maybe later this weekend. I finally got out of the house for about half my errands today so I’m only at about 70% of GD.
Sorry ladies but I just realized your ADD is contagious. I keep changing my mind about what’s next. I even find myself starting one and moving to another when y’all get all excited about a new title. Sheesh!
Niki thanks for that info! I loved This Man series too!
Ok starting Six of Hearts…Real on my TBR list will just have to wait…book Dom will just have to play with stuffed squirrel a little while longer. 🙂
Ooh ooh…a Pink Squirrel martini!!! 😀
Loved This Man Series too!! Thanks Niki!! Just finished Rogue. LOVED IT!!! And repeat Wild Side series was a great haawt unexpected surprise. Now can’t decide if Lead is next. Oh the glorious stress of choices. Feeling twitchy for another really highly reviewed series. I believe Bliss series? Haven’t read Consequences series yet either.
Amy with all your talk of drinks I couldn’t hold off any longer. Been fighting the urge to open that last bottle of wine since your drink mixing last week. Guess I’m going to the wine store this weekend cause I just popped open the last bottle in the house. 🙂
P.S. I started Six of Hearts!! 😀
Yeh Maryse!!! Fell asleep after starting Six of Hearts. 10% in and enjoying it so far, well-written, but not sure where it is going yet… wanted a different story, think that’s what I am getting. 😉
I’m 25% in and it’s good! Nothing big has happened, but I love the author’s writing style, and I really like Matilda. And Jay. 😀
Crazy start, though, right? *whoa!*
What the heck is a pink squirrel martini!??
*goes to google it*
Well that just sounds PERFECT! Okay I’m late to the martini party, but tonight, I’ll make a batch. 😀
And I’ll make sure my book Dom get’s the first sip. Tee hee!!!
Fabi… I totally did that too, I started BOTH “Beloved Healer” and “Six of Hearts” yesterday. And I know I’ll be reading both of them this weekend…
P.S. Thanks Tessa & Erin, for the feedback on Draw. I was really hoping it would have that maximum impact…
Just finished ‘How I Became Lotus Raine’ and it had to be one of the most beautiful books I’ve read in awhile. Erika’s writing style is such that she portrays erotica in an intimate manner so that you feel the characters emotions rather than just giving you something to throw in what guys call ‘the spank bank’. Haha! But really, this book is just another reason why she’s one of my favorite authors up there with Shey Savage and Georgia Cates.
Finished Second Chances last night. Although I loved the slow build up and really loved Daniel, the ending kinda felt rushed and flat…boohoo:(
Was thinking of starting Six of Hearts but haven’t bought it yet and haven’t read anything by L. H. Cosway before but did notice I already bought Still Life With Strings and I’ve heard great things about that book…. I’m squirreling here with what to read today!
Jean, I hate rushed endinds. When everything just wraps up in that final chapter with little build up to it. It’s almost like the author was near the end and got in a hurry to wrap it up and publish. Either that or an editor required a shorter version. Ugh, ruins the story.
Definitely a crazy start. Sweet so far, I like Matilda, just hope she gains more confidence. Like Jay and his dirty mouth- waiting and wondering….
Yes… and his “dirty mouth” remark. Made me think of some of us girls, here.
Lol Maryse, she sure has earned herself a “reputation” around here….hahaha!
Yes Fabi, and not even an epilogue…ugh!
Oh you’re asking for it with that comment!! Let the craziness begin… *giggle*
That’s the one, Maryse! I say give your Book Dom a *whole* pink squirrel martini and make it extra strong…great distraction so you can squirrel away. 😉
I’m finishing up Transendence, and I just want to give Ehd a big snuggle! So many good scenes, but the one that still cracks me up is near the beginning when he is trying to figure out why she is sad. He thinks to himself that he has already given her shelter, water and food and that maybe if he “puts a baby in her” then she will be happy. *giggle* Oh, sweet Ehd…
*perks up* Did you say dirty mouth? Aw man, she shoulda cleaned herself up a bit beforehand. *snort* 😛
And Jean, what’s that supposed to mean!?! I have no idea what you’re talking about! *looking innocent*
No epilogue? You mean no “happy ending” for her?? *snicker*
Awww Amy, Ehd. *sigh* close to my favorite Neanderthal
My all time favorite caveman … If you haven’t read these oldies, you are seriously missing out. WILD story. So good that it has stayed with me forever. Here’s a blurb:
The Neanderthal Parallax is a trilogy of novels by Robert J. Sawyer published by Tor. It depicts the effects of the opening of a connection between two versions of Earth in different parallel universes: the world familiar to the reader, and another where Neanderthals became the dominant intelligent hominid. The societal, spiritual and technological differences between the two worlds form the focus of the story.
The trilogy’s volumes are titled Hominids (published 2002), Humans (2003), and Hybrids (2003). Hominids first appeared as a serial in Analog Science Fiction, won the 2003 Hugo Award for Best Novel, and was nominated for the John W. Campbell Award the same year; Humans was a 2004 Hugo Award finalist.
Oh and btw, it IS a love story. One you’ll never forget.
Amy – I loved that Ehd referred to her talking as “mouth noises” or whatever he said… she’s making that noise with her mouth again! You know that’s what our hubbies are thinking half the time when they have tuned us out…. they are about one degree removed from Mr. Ehd there, our husbands I mean…. and I am sure the thoughts about putting a baby in her and sticking his penis in her aren’t far from the truth either!!! And all that noise gave him headaches. All I kept thinking was ‘my poor husband’… LOL.
No happy ending and no HOA and no epilogue? are we talking about ‘Cougar does the lawn boy’? So it’s a no then? (…taking it off my TBR list…) That magician better have more than a white rabbit down his pants, that’s all I’m sayin’ (decided to go all in with Six of Hearts with Maryse)
Fabi – award winning fiction? Do we sound like the “award winning novel” type of gals? is there neanderthal sex in these books?
Oh Michelle. I can’t possibly recommend those books enough. If you want a love story to blow away all love stories, if you want all your preconceived notions of love and society to be blown right out of the water, if you want to truly believe love is blind and love gives all. Read these!
Btw, Lahn isn’t far removed from caveman himself. Haaaa
Oops I didn’t answer your question about sex. Let’s just say it’s hard to imagine a type of sex that WASN’T included in that series.
On my caveman reference to GD. Circe speaking of Zahnin: I knew he had words, just not many of them.
The strong, silent type? Lol
Fabi – a love story to blow me right out of the water? lots of neanderthal sex? love is blind? and apparently award winning writing? man… this should be a group read…. And yes, Lahn is primal… Laksana Rhana Fana Shana… whatever all that “ana” talk was…. 🙂 And since I’m a Game of Thrones girl, it didn’t hurt having the visual of Khal Drogo acting the part of Lahn…. all 6 foot 7 of him! Swoon…
There was a happy ending for Second Chances….just too quick and short lived. Hated that there was no epilogue, but I did like the book!
Well, apparently Jason Momoa is only 6 foot 4…. but that’s okay, I’m only 5 foot nothing so it’ll work (in my fantasy…). I looked up your neanderthal books – my humongous library doesn’t have them and they are about $7 a piece for Kindle….
I just finished Rogue by Katy Evans last night and it is awesome. A definite 5* for me.
(Maryse…. ixnay on the ogueray if you know what I eanmay, it was way way way too ornycay…) don’t say I didn’t warn you…. 🙂
Michelle, my copies are hardcover. But I can’t believe your library wouldn’t have these.
“Khzz, Beh?” Oh my…*swoon*
Jean, “happy ending”…get it? Ya know, happy ending? Huh? Huh? Happy endi…never mind… *slinking off to the corner for perverts*
No worries Amy. I’m waiting for you in that corner. I got it the first time around. *giggle blush*
I got it Amy….or should I call you Ms Innocent! Lol!
Woo-hoo!! Your mind went there, Jean! Now you get to join the pervert corner with me and Fabi…especially after your comment the other day. 😛
Alright, I’m gonna have to suck it up and get my housecleaning done so I can finish up with my caveman. I will *not* be able to relax with him if I know things need to be done around here. *sigh*
Hey Maryse, Michelle is snack size, too!! 😀
Snack size is fun!!
@ Jean I’m so jealous that you get to read Painted Faces for the first time. That book was just made of awesome. I had it living in my head for weeks afterward. I had not read a romance like it.
Amy – I am “snack sized” only in the vertical sense…. whereas Maryse was left in the dryer too long and shrunk all over…. I am 5 foot zero and a hundred and (cough!) pounds… and I am betting she is in the 2 digits!
Hehe. Yah. 2 digits in high school for me, too.
*giggle* I was in the two digits…in high school. 😉
The only way I can stay snack size horizontally as well (martinis have a lot of calories!) is *a lot* of exercise including meeting a few times a week for corefit/crossfit with a personal trainer who happens to compete professionally in MMA. This is how I feel toward him during those sessions:
https://giphy.com/gifs/1TiyMQbsRuHQs 😐 I’m so not kidding.
Okay, I *really* am getting back to my cleaning now…y’all are bad influences… 😛
Yes! I love friends who fall in love! It’s even better when they’ve known each other forever. Do you have a reading list for those type of books?
Amy can so relate. Only way I can stay snack-sized is working out with my trainer, who also trains professional athletes. Have to say day-dreaming of ways to torture his a#$ certainly helps get me threw the a$# kicking!!
Cheryl, “torture his a$&”? You should not have said that to Amy!!!! Lol!
Oh no…*snicker* *covers mouth*
I’m not gonna give in…
Biting my tongue…biting my tongue…
Oh, screw it! That one is just too much fun to ignore…torture his a$$? Among other things you want to do to it??? LOL!!
Wait, did you think that’s what I meant by screw it? Oooooh, you dirty-minded girl…you and your daydreams! 😛
A girl can dream… 😉
Blahahaha Amy! You never disappoint!
Speaking of men’s a$$es and “torturing” them and such (?)… did you girls read “Try”? the follow up “Take” was even hotter….. like that segue? (Taking my filthy mind out of the gutter and getting something accomplished…. in three. two… one…)
White rabbit down his pants.
You guys C rACK me up. Whenever I get home and settle in, I scroll through the latest comments and cackle.
Man this is almost as good as books! 😛
Wow… I think this is my fave chat of the bucking!!
Although my autocorrect sure seems in the Amy-spirit choosing that word. LOL!!! 😛
MichelleS I have not read Try yet…. Haven’t read any M/M yet but heard great things about this one! I need some coaxing!!!
Jean, I haven’t read a lot of m/m either. But Try and Take were FANTASTIC. So good that I want to ‘re-read them already and it’s only been a week or two since I read them.
Maryse, I agree. This blog is as good as books. I think I spend half my time here.
LOL!!!!!! I freaking LOVE your autocorrect!! *How* did I miss Michelle’s white rabbit down his pants comment earlier?? Oh crap, look what you started now…I think she’s hoping he has not a white rabbit down his pants but a *purple* rabbit…or pink, whatever turns ya on. *snicker* Tell me you guys know what I’m talking about.
Wait, wait…maybe he has a BUCKING rabbit in his pants!!! LOL!!!! 😛
Maryse, what was that one autocorrect you had that was hilarious? I can’t remember for the life of me…
Cocker punch!!! That was the autocorrect you had! LOL!!!!
My autocorrect is dirty! 😉
I am in the middle of a party and laughing to myself like crazy! Love you guys!
Anyone giving you stinkeye yet, Jean? 😛 Know what you mean…I heart this place and the ladies in it! 😀
I can’t go on here in public anymore after all of the dirty looks I got from literally laughing out loud in Barnes & Noble. And almost getting my cheek burned by a flat iron at the salon. And blowing lemonade out of my nose at Panera. And almost – as in closer than I care to admit to – peeing my pants from laughing while waiting for my husband at REI. Lesson learned. 😉
Yep 2 digits in high school…was that good or bad?!
Just got home. Reading comments and LOVING this blog and you guys!!! So hilarious!!!
Now I need to get back to Six of Hearts and find out what the hell is going on with Jay…and for his next trick….
Six of Hearts……BUTTERFLIES, and I don’t get those when reading too often. 5 stars for me for sure!!
Oh Amy – we know what you’re talking about all right – but it’s not just rabbits that get to have all the fun – butterflies too! (snort)…..
I missed all the fun. Had to watch a bunch of sweaty white dudes with muffin tops (I kid you not) perform as a Bon Jovi cover band….
Agreed, Maryse – sometimes this blog is more fun than the books!!
My husband agrees that snack-size is fun… but you are like mini-snack-size…. I just want to put a hook in your head and stick you on the Christmas Tree …. know what I mean? (I think I ‘m drunk… that dang band was LOUD… my ears are still ringing…). Ok. Good night. Tomorrow I plan to finish Six of Hearts. 😛
I just noticed “Carnage #2” is on this list. OMG. Carnage was just gut-wrenching. Painfully so. So I guess I need to put that on my TBR list. Once again, amazon did not put this as a recommendation. You’d think they would since I read the first one. At least I have your blog to tell me what is new in our little world….
Just finished Six of Hearts. I’m not sure if I loved or liked it. I started out loving it, and up to about 90% I still mostly did. Then, I don’t know it somehow felt anti-climatic and maybe it felt a little rushed/too neat and tidy to the end. Definitely gave me a different and well-written story, which is what I wanted.
Now something new or something on my TBR list….I did say I was going to read Real, which is on my TBR list. Hmmm…
MichelleS- Does Carnage conclude in book 2 or is there going to be a book 3? Don’t want to start another unfinished series.
Cheryl, Real is good. I think you’ll love it. I also tackled one from my TBR list. Yea me for being good. haha Almost finished with Tangled.
Just read Carnage 2 by Lesley Jones and as with the first book, i thought it was so average. 3 stars, maybe even 2.5 for me. There was too much drama added, too much padding. The writing was OK, found some grammatical errors but I give allowances to self published authors.
I wish some authors would write a shorter second book if there is not enough material for a full length sequel.
I’ve pre-ordered the audio version of ‘Ugly love’ by Colleen Hoover, I purchased ‘Hopeless’ on audiobook and really enjoyed listening to it.
Looking forward to Maryse’s review of it.
I’m excited to read it, Mica!! From what I hear, very different from her past books. Much more “adult” feel to ’em.
Still squirreling instead of starting Real. Has anyone read The True Diary of That Girl. Intrigued by what the “secret that will blow you away is” and it’s only 160 pages so would be a quick read.
Do plan on starting Ugly Love on tuesday.
Cheryl – no squerreling – “Real” is one of my faves – Remy is great, if you’re in the mood for possessive and masculine… Don’t bother with any of the follow ups – they were all sub par for me – but Real was GREAT.
I was finally able to finish Transcendence last night. That was so different, and I loved it! 😀 It was actually a little, I don’t know, anticlamatic maybe? But I actually *loved* that about it, and I was never bored. Surprising because you know how much I love angst. 😉 And the ending and that epilogue…so bittersweet and beautiful and just…*sigh*
Starting The True Diary of That Girl today and Ugly Love tomorrow!!! So excited for that one! Then of course time with Mr. Daemon Black after that. *giggle*
Somehow I started reading Play- I LOVE a sports star story. This was one of the best I’ve read. Angst, hot, alpha badass H, reminded me a little of Tate with his commands- “Everything off below the waist. Now.” “Naked in my kitchen. Now.” F&@k, I want to look at you for hours, but I’m done being nice. You ready legs?” Enjoyable!!
Amy can’t wait to hear your thoughts on The True Diary of That Girl….. I almost started that this weekend….totally intrigued by whatever the”secret” is that we (as book experts in our own right) wouldn’t be able to figure out!
I ended up totally squirreling this weekend and tried reading books downloaded a while ago. I read Still Life With Strings by L.H. Cosway (loved it… the character development is amazing) and Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken, which I also loved but it was a little YA for me!
Going back to Fae Chronicles now…..started Taunting Destiny this morning!
Oh wow Cheryl – how sad is it that those three lines got me all hot and bothered and interested in the book? In real life I’d stare dumbstruck at any man (including my husband) if he ever said even HALF of that. I jumped a little in my seat at all the “NOWs”. heehee. I am trying to finish “Six of Hearts”. It’s not bad. It’s just not keeping me completely interested. It starts off with a bang and then simmers for a little too long. And the visual descriptions of the illusions? Some things don’t translate to paper. And then there’ll be a scene and it gets steamy and then “CUT”…. next scene. I kid you not. What is wrong with me that this book and Rogue are not doing it for me? Because everyone else seems to love them.
Michelle- felt that way about Six of Hearts too. Really loved it up until about 90% then felt rushed and anti-climatic. Was good though.
Squirreling again for next read. Just looked over Here and Now series Maryse posted. Remember reading the blurb of book 1 and wanting to read it, but didn’t because was unfinished series. Now that book 3 just came out, may start reading it. Then again, there’s Ugly Love tomorrow.
Curious about The True Diary of That Girl. Can’t wait to hear your take on it Amy. 🙂
MichelleS I thought the same thing about those 3 lines… HOT!! And I was somewhat disappointed in Rogue too… but I did love like the last 25% of it! I have got to read After Hours ASAP!!!!!
Jean – I just posted my thoughts on After Hours under that thread…. I LOVED that book. On my 5-star-reads list. The author builds up so much steam out of the most ordinary circumstances. I was in a horny-book-fog after that one. If you need something to read right now – pick that one.
Horny-book-fog……lol! I want that too!!!
I am in a squirrel mood again. Not even looking at my TBR list. Perusing my recommendations on amazon. This one came up and had me interested, “Sugar on the Edge”. It’s described as, “He’s raw, forceful and a dirty talker. She’s a flowers and romance type of girl”. He’s a writer (I seem to like tortured writers). She’s a wildlife photographer (so cliche). Maybe I need to download the sample? Is that m life now? It’s like twitter for books – I only need a few words. Can’t commit to the whole book? What’s everyone reading?
Oh, and JEAN – Fae Chronicles only gets BETTER – Tainting Destiny was even better than the first, so you can’t go wrong there either. One os a real-world ordinary hot guy (Kelly in AH) and the other is a dark-Fae hot guy (Ryder). It’s a win-win for you either way. Now I need to find me a Ryder-Kelly type….
OMG, I totally thought you said horny book *frog* above. All I could think about was Froggy Carlos from Love, In English. I was all, “The hell? How does *that* get them all hot and bothered???”
Oooh, Still Life with Strings has been on my iPad for a bit now. If you liked it, Jean, then that’s pretty much a guarantee that I will, too. 😉 I’ll let you ladies known about Diary of That Girl when I’m finished.
And for the record…if my husband said those things to me, I would probably land flat on my a$$ trying to get out of my clothes as quickly as possible. 😛
Ooohhh, Amy. I have to tip the balance on the scale and comment that if mine said something like that to me it would be HIM flat on his ass. I have a bit of a temper even if he is bigger and stronger. I tend to forget that if I get angry enough. That happens when someone is trying to boss me around. hahaha
On another note, I’m almost done with After Math. And again, I really like it. 4 to 5 stars for me. I was really in the mood for a NA.
*snicker* That’s the only time I *do* like him to be bossy. 😉
TMI? *snort* No such thing with me!
Haha ladies! I expect nothing less from you Amy!!
Like I said, Jean, you know me well. 😉
Okay, I’m going to go and get my a$$ handed to me and then back to TDOTG. It’s good so far!
I am reading After Hours and loving it guys!!
P.S. I think we have taken over Maryse’s book blog with all our comments this week…. Lol!
Oh by ALL means… feel free to enjoy yourselves and take over, in the comments anytime you want. It’s quick and easy access to our fun. 😀 And maybe we can get some of the more quiet ones in our crew to join in. 😉 I know you guys are out there. I see you. Well. I don’t, but pretend I do. 😛
Amy I’m with you. If my husband said that to me, first I would be like what???? and then I’d be like clothes, what clothes…*giggle*
Considering women dream up these book men, we know they’re going to be pretty darn perfect. 😉
Sorry Maryse. *bowing head in shame*
It did start with a book comment — then, well – got kind of carried away. sorry
Yes!! The quiet ones *definitely* need to come out and play with us. We don’t bite, promise! 😀 Well, maybe Michelle does… *snicker*
(gasp!) Moi? You must mean the other Michelle, because this one is very, very wholesome and sweet and a non-biter…. (stomps foot)… I AM !!!
*looking around for another Michelle*
Nope, you’re the only Michelle I see around here! 😛
There is another Michelle!! Michelle M… I am Michelle S… the sweet, wholesome one… Just for the record, Maryse, I want to point out that I mentioned at least 10 books in this thread… if not more… I am trying to keep us all focused… Amy keeps stirring things up… okay, I might have contributed a wee little bit with the popsicle, white rabbit, and lawn-boy remarks.. just a wee bit… sorry….. no more hijacking of comments section…. unless Amy gets started, then I can’t promise anything…
Wait…what did I miss about a popsicle? Oooh, I’m gonna go look now…
Oh, *that* comment about the strawberry popsicle! *hee hee* Mmmm…strawberry vodka popsicles…
You know how you mentioned butterflies having fun like the rabbits? Yeah, gives new meaning to the term “butterfly kisses” doesn’t it?? 😛
SEE!!! Amy is the troublemaker… we’ve just all been corrupted… she’s the bartender-sex toy-pusher-innuendo-user…. 😉
Speaking of bartender – I can’t find where that Queen of the Fairies drink recipe is… it sounded so yummy! Where was it?
Now it’s time to decide which one of my books to finish: Bone Deep, Strings, or Six of Hearts. Or start a new one? Carnage #2? Reed Brothers #1 (it was free and I have no self control). See Maryse… I am trying to talk about books…. 🙂
LOL!!!! Oh lord, no self control? Okay, trying really hard not to go there with that one. *snicker* Hey, in my defense I am still reading True Diary of That Girl and whew!! Is it hot in here? *fanning myself* See? See??? I am talking about books, too! 😉
Here’s the recipe:
Ooooh, lookie lookie!
Like I said… she is corrupting me! I’m going to be a blind alcoholic with a BOB…. better than a cat lady, I guess?
I looked and have zero ingredients for the Fairy drink… unless I improvise with milk, regular vodka and nutella (oh yuck! that sounds awful!)…. ok, cheap wine it is….
Now…. what to read? what to read? So the True Diary one is fanning-myself hot? Like “Wild Side” kind of hot?
Lol, *I* will be the cat lady. I haven’t read Wild Side so I’m not sure, but they are (so far) short, sweet and to the point. Well, not really sweet but you know what I mean. 😉
*gasp* You wouldn’t put Nutella in a drink? Blasphemy! I actually found a recipe for a drink at one time using Nutella. If I remember correctly Maryse is a Nutella lover as well. Try that combo and let us know…I have those ingredients, too!
Oh Nutella is my FAVORITE!!! I used to be babysat by an Italian lady when I was little. Kind of my nanny. She didn’t even speak english. She’d make me my lunch, and sometimes it would be a mortadella sandwich (I liked a lot), most times, an italian salami sandwich (when I was little I found that wayyy to spicy and greasy, although today this would be my favorite). Er… 😯 GAH!!! WAIT!! Waiiiiiiiit. WAIT Amy I can already see you smirking on the salami. *eeep!* I keep putting my foot in it, dot I. BRAT!!!
Okay but all that to say, that when I’d open my lunch and it would be a Nutella sandwich, there was some happy dancing. My. Day. Was. Made! Didn’t even matter if I had a math test right after…. everything was coming up Milhouse!!!
Good lord you two need to play nice!! LOL!! Pick up your book and walk away *snicker** Easy for me to say since I have not picked another book since reading Play. I know I’m going to read Ugly Love tomorrow, so I was debating on starting something tonight. The True Diary of That Girl is short so maybe that one, although the new release Offside looks good, but I kinda wish it wasn’t about high school students… OR I think there was a short story by Cara McKenna book list. Maybe I should just mix up one of the drinks Amy posted…
Okay back to writing my review of Six of Hearts.
Did anyone read that one, here? I liked it, but I think… er… not as connected as I was with Painted Faces. *sigh*
The end had some crazy twists and reveals, but at the same time, far-fetched. Which would have been kind of… fine… if the reveals had a more er… I dunno? Clever *gasp-worthy* whoa-everything-makes-so-much-sense-even-if-it’s-crazy feel to it. Ya know?
But some things weren’t even really explained. Just… kind of explained away as “magic”. <--- LOL! *shrug* Okay. I guess this is one of those "go with it" books. Good writing, swoon-worthy hero, and some of the best steamy scenes I've read in a while, though.
Yum Nutella. 🙂
Umm Amy Michelle called you a bartender-sex toy-pusher-innuendo-user…’
You gonna take that lying down? hehehe
Hehe Fabi. You said laying down. 😛
Oh Maryse – you have no idea how much Nutella I ate as a child… I was born in Germany and moved to states when I was 7… my mother still thinks it’s a “healthy” thing to eat for breakfast! I think there are literally 4 jars of the stuff in my pantry right now. Need fresh ones cause they’re the best – all oily and runny. Hooked my son it too. And all the wonderful candies they put it in – hello Fereero Rocher! And salami!!! Oh crikey – it goes with everything (you hush up Amy… ).
Ok. Book talk…. Six of Hearts – I agree – “meh” for me.
If you really want something short to tie you over until all the Tuesday greats, read ‘Wild Side” (why is no one believing me about this delicious little series?)
You guys are crazy but making me laugh so hard! That description of Amy….yep perfect! Lol
Oh Man. We have to hijack a new post. I had to hit “previous posts” to get to this one. I think Maryse is trying to bury this thread!
Cheryl – my thoughts exactly about the high school themed “Offsides”- Shay Savage writing high school stuff? Naughty detention? Bleacher sex, for sure….
Ha! Maryse. Once our minds go down into the gutter it’s hard to pull them out.
Yeah, I know I said hard and pull in the same sentence. Sheesh! I can’t even think out of the gutter now.
Offside is by Shayne Savage? How did I miss that? Has anyone read it?
*snort*!!!!!! You guys are killing me!!! 😀
Shay not Shayne – my auto correct sucks a hard pulled one
There…now it should be all out of my system
15% into Six of hearts have it and Gone Girl going.
Michelle speaking of YA was it you that mentioned The Will being YA a few weeks ago? Because the H/h are in their mid to late forties. Nothing YA about Jake he owns a boxing gym and a strip club, lol.
Love nutella & salami sandwiches are the best, though I’m not snack size so not best for me. And my drink of choice right now , besides half frozen water, is iced coffee the way pioneer woman rec it with half and half and condensed milk. Taste so ggood . And love the way it looks when pour the cream in.
Bev – The Will? By Kristen Ashley? No way – definitely not YA. None of her books are – except that “Mathilda” one – that’s what I had said, that I read ALL of her books except the one that is YA. And I liked The Will – not very memorable though….
“Gone Girl” was great! Had no idea where it was going to end up – total shocker ending…. good choice!
I can’t seem to finish Six of Hearts. Not connecting with anybody. 🙁
Lol, do not know why thought that. Matilda sounded good to me from what I remember. Read the blurb way back when. Like the idea of the magic and finding out your a witch, 2nd in Discovery of Witches is sitting in library pile. But it is not a stand alone and have not wanted to click until sequel is out.
“A hard pulled one”?? BAHAHAHAHA! Would that be Maryse and Michelle’s beloved salami?? LOL!!!!!
Ooh! Who is stirring things up now, huh? *sideeying Fabi* 😛 And you know what? Y’all think those things are fun, too! 😉 Even Maryse is getting corrupted now. “Laying down”? *giggle*
I seriously luffs you guys. 😀
Bev, throw in a splash (or three) of vodka and I’m in! Omg, sweetened condensed milk? I’m thinking we have a new ingredient for our Queen of the Fairies martini. Yummmmmy… 😛
Maryse I read Six of Hearts. . .mixed on if liked or loved it. I started out loving it, and up to about 90% I still mostly did. Then, I don’t know it somehow felt anti-climatic and maybe it felt a little rushed/too neat and tidy to the end. Definitely gave me a different and well-written story, which is what I wanted.
Hey it’s midnight- one-clicking Ugly Love!!! 😉
*snort* You said luffs and salami at the same time. 😛
Not cool, Cheryl! I still have to wait three hours for it. *pout* Oh well, gives me time to finish Diary first. Guess I’m not the only who won’t be getting a lot of sleep tonight!