Happy Bargain eBooks and reader recommendations day!!! And yes, this list has already messed up my nice new shiny TBR list. GAH!!! And YAY!!! 😀 But no worries, I’m still on that TBR list ’cause I love it. But… you know. I’ll slip in a few of these new ones too. 😉
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- Unteachable by Leah Raeder <— I already *squirreled* on my new TBR list and picked this one up (am reading it now) after some very adamant recommendations! Like one from Rachel: “Maryse, you HAVE to read Unteachable, by Leah Raeder. Gorgeous writing, fully dimensional characters, interesting story. Even though it’s teacher/student, it feels very different. There’s not so much taboo. But the writing…the imagery…other writers dream they can write like this. I know your tbr list is long, but this one deserves a spot near the top. It’s a standalone.” and then Sadie picked it up, too: ” OK, so I just started reading Unteachable last night and I’m hooked! Writing style is unique and so vivid and I don’t know where it’s going so I’m nervous.”
- Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley <— On sale on Amazon!! Thanks to Nancy and Lori for pointing out this deal!! “Rock Chick by KA is on sale at itunes…! If you haven’t read this, you should! Last in the series coming out Aug 13.” Kristen Ashley is one of my favorite authors in the whole wide world!!!!!!!
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park <— one of my original NA indie favorites!! GET IT! SO good (thanks for the find, Aimee!). Check out my review.
- Temptation (Club Destiny #2) by Nicole Edwards <— Kandace is having fun with this series! “I’m reading the second book in the Club Destiny series and holy HOTness. How did I know about these before now? I am in erotic heaven!!” Actually, she spurred on a serious “LOVE THE GUYS” conversation. (here’s the entire series reading order)
Georgia Callaghan All of her books are so good!!!!!
Kandace: OMGosh! They are sooo yummy. I’m loving Luke and Cole. They are….Ahhh! I’m so jealous of Sierra. I want a Luke and Cole sandwich.
Lou: Just wait for book 3, holy hotness in the form of a game of Truth or Dare that will leave you all kinds of hot & bothered!!!!
Kandace: I’m reading 2.5 right now. Wowzers!!! Is book three about Alex? I am so addicted.
Kandace: I’m on book 3. I just finished the truth and dare part. Pure Deliciousness
Angel: They are waaay hottttt! I just finished Travis in the Alluring Indulgence series. It is just as good, hot cowboys plus we still get peeks of the club destiny bunch!
Lori: I just finished Kaleb, my first read of hers-was just as hot!!
Lou: I loved Kaleb, can’t wait to start Travis!
sidenote: Wow! Makes me wanna… read them. Like right now. Poor TBR list. It just can’t catch a break with me!
- Lexi, Baby (This Can’t Be Happening) by Lynda LeeAnne <— Nancy just found us this deal: “Lexi Baby by Lynda Lee Anne…. This has been in my Wish List since last November.
- JACK STONE – WILD JUSTICE (The Dark Master Series) by Vivien Sparx <— Stephanie found us this deal and said: ” have not read this book, but I have read some of her other books. I really like this Author! And, I’ve heard a lot of good things about Jack Stone…, I’m definitely going to give it a try!”
- Blind Obsession by Ella Frank <— Tricia and Nancy found us this deal (and I liked this one!). Check out my review!
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— Aimee found us this deal. (not our usual bargain priced but a big price change considering the original price). And Claudia said: ” If you didn’t read this book yet..READ IT ..one of my favorites books ever!!” Alicia agrees: “READ THIS BOOK!!! This book left such an impact on me and I still think about it. I know it’s expensive but it is so, so worth it!! A definite MUST READ!” and so do I. Check out my review.
- Kitchen Scandals (The Riverside Trilogy) by Brooke Cumberland <— Aimee found us this one!
- Three Hearts One Soul (The Soul Series #1) by Bec Botefuhr <— Kelli found us this bargain saying “Price Drop 50%” and Stephanie said: “Kelli, all of her books are 50% off right now. You might want to scoop up some more!”
- Perfecting Patience (The Blow Hole Boys 1.5) by Tabatha Vargo <— Marci found us this deal! “FYI…found Perfecting Patience on Amazon ….”
- Hard Rocked (BBW Rockstar Romance) by Clara Bayard <— rock star book!! “Hard Rocked (BBW Rockstar Romance) is 99¢ too!” Thanks Stephanie!!
- Lost For You by BJ Harvey <— Lori found it!! “Lost for You by BJ Harvey. Sequel to Lost in Distraction“
- Fatalism (Alexa and Vincent’s Story) by LK Collins <— “Fatalism is on SALE …!” thanks Stephanie!
- The Edge Of Darkness (Darkness Trinity) by Melissa Andrea <— Georgia says: “Ok just finished The Edge of Darkness by Melissa Andrea and it was really really good. Of course it ended on a cliff hanger but one I could live with until the next book comes out. The dialogue between the main characters was really clever, it was steamy, it was so sweet and there was angst. Such a good read.”
- Unexpected Love (Unexpected Series) by Charlene Martin <— Janet mentions a cliffhanger warning!
- Blind Seduction (Team Red) by T. Hammond found by Jeannie and Aimee says: “this one has really good ratings and looks to be funny…thanks”
- Stardust by Mimi Strong <— Sherri loved it! “Stardust is a 5 star read. PEACHES is so funny and adorable.I’ve joined the team PEACHES page on facebook.Huge cliffhanger!”
- Paradise Taken by CM Hutton <— Tracy recommends this one: “Have you read “Paradise Taken” by CM Hutton? Downloaded it yesterday and couldn’t put it down!”
- Don’t Lie To Me by Stacey Lynn <— Kathy found us this one!
- Ruined By You (Maggie & Haden) by Kelly Harper <— Recommended by Dena and OMG I just wanna kiss her after this recommendation/reaction. I’m too excited to give these a go! She said: “Rock star romance is my favorite (as I know you like them too) and I wanted to let you know about them. They are called Ruined by you and Saved by you. I couldn’t put the darn things down and the second book had me so tangled up I had to set it down to back away for a few moments to get my head back on straight. I think you might enjoy them too. There are just the two books in the series as far as I know.”
- Saved By You (Maggie & Haden) by Kelly Harper <— and here’s the second one she was talking about. Wow GREAT reviews for these!
- Losing Me, Finding You (A New Adult Biker Erotic Romance) by C.M. Stunich <— Saria recommends it! “I just finished C.M Stunich Losing Me, Finding You and read it in 2 days!! Lol This one should be on your bad boy biker list for sure.”
- Unbreakable by Rebecca Shea <— back on this week’s list ’cause our fellow readers are still talking about it! Kimberly said: “Just read a awesome book that I really recommend. It’s Unbreakable by Rebecca Shea. It has all the roller-coaster emotions. It is well written and it just sucks you in. It’s about a girl who loves a boy!! Of course, right!?!? Anyways, it’s the love that is pure soul mates but something happens and she does know how to handle it. Very emotional!! Love it.”
- Sin at Sea (Sinful Novellas) by Emma Nichols <— Lorraine recommends it! “Fun, romance and just enough erotic to warm you up, but not hardcore in your face that some may shy away from. I enjoyed all the characters and even though book 2 will be released in August it wasn’t a cliffhanger that would normally drive me crazy. I felt good at the end!”
- The Art of D/s Trilogy by Ella Dominguez <— Aimee found us this deal, too!
- Duty Bound – The Enslavement of Jenny Box Set by Christina Palmer <— Aimee found us thisdeal.
I’ve read all of Nicole Edward’s Club Destiny and Alluring Indulgence books. They are hot, sweet stories and I am always waiting for the next one to come out. I am so in love with all of these characters and the stories never old.
On another note…have you started the New York series yet? First book is Table for Three…
Thanks for the awesome list Maryse! I think I’m going to start Unteachable now! I love books that make me nervous because I don’t know what’s going to happen.
IDK what it is about student/teacher romances, but I get anxiety reading those books! Lexi, baby is a book, I love second chance romance novels. Great list!
Just downloaded Kristen Ashley’s Rock Chick – – my first K.A. book and I am so looking forward to it since Maryse had recommended her books to me a while ago!!
Thank you Maryse!!
So glad you liked it, Georgia!!
Loved,loved, loved ‘Stardust’ by Mimi Strong. I loved Peaches! Funny and heartbreaking all at the same time! Can’t wait for the sequel!
I’m so so so glad you are reading Unteachable! I was just going to send you a message about it when I came on your site. Now I see you are reading it, can’t wait to hear your thoughts! It was very poignant to me. I also love that they didn’t try to deny that the “forbidden love” aspect wasn’t a factor in the hotness they had. Loved it!
By a Thread by RL Griffin is on sale for 99 cents and Tension the second book if the series was just released on Wednesday (July 31). This series is amazing!
Reading Unteachable now too and am nervous to how its going to go…
I loved The Edge Of Darkness by Melissa Andrea..it was such a good book. And what a steal at only $0.99. Highly recommend this book. Awesome contemporary romance with an unexpected twist.
Thank you for the mention of Stardust!! xoxo
Thanks for mentioning Ruined/Saved By You! I hope everyone loves them 🙂
I absolutely LOVED The Edge of Darkness by Melissa Andrea! I Didn’t really think it was a cliffhanger as much as it was an end of the first part of Araya and Ryland’s story with another chapter in the next book. One thing I liked was the fact that there was a BIG twist in this one!!! I hopw whoever reads this enjoys it as much as I do!
Starting unteachable now I’m excited
Maryse Add Dusty by yellowbella….it’s FF..so it free…but its realllly good…a couple of the board member have already read it and have started a thread for it.
The Edge of Darkness by Melissa Andrea is one of the best reads of 2013 (In my opinion) Loved the characters in this book and the big twist 😉 I’m sure who ever reads this story will love it to!!!
I have read a few different books and I am really liking The Edge of Darkness by Melissa Andrea. I really enjoyed the big twist she throws at you in this book. Keeps you wanting to read more!! I think it will be a great book for everyone and is a steal at $.99 right now!!
So many times I have skimmed pass Rock Chick and I cannot believe what I was missing out on! Thanks for giving me the push I needed I’m 43% in and LOVING it!!!!!
Unteachable was good too I read it in one night! I’m tired lol
Just finished Unteachable. 5* all the way. You need to read this NOW!
I have read all of Nicole Edwards books in the Club Destiny and Alluring Indulgence series. They are all smoking HOT!
Unteachable definitely 5 star read. Did not put it down. Exhausted but totally worth sleep deprivation.
Just finished Unteachable and it was great! It just kept getting better and better! Great find for only $2.99!
Thanks to Tracy for mentioning Paradise Taken. Glad you liked it. 😉
It based on true events…..
Just rearranged my TBR list based on everyone’s comments – – downloading Unteachable now! Thanks for the push!
I was away this weekend so I didn’t get much reading done, but I intend to finish Unteachable tonight. I’m at 54%. 🙂
Maryse, how do you like it so far….I am just about to start it, but have never read any teacher/student books before so I am a little scared! haha!