My own personal recommendation today is the one —> The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series) by Kristen Ashley. I’m not finished it as of yet but I started it last night and I. AM. LOVING IT!!!!!! After all:
- It’s Kristen Ashley so you already know it rocks.
- Every time this book gets mentioned on this blog or on our Facebook page – our fellow readers go nuts
- I’m only at 33% (I started late last night) but have been chuckling, swooooooning and growling like crazy. The first 19% already rocked my world. It’s already a Kristen Ashley favorite of mine and for many – THE best one of ’em all in her extensive, awesome repertoire. How did I MISS this? Gah!! Me and my hesitation when it came to the word “fantasy”…
Maryse: When it comes to books (<— see how I put that in there ;)) there is NOTHING better than winning the heart and smile of that angry, hulking, brooding, scowling warrior. NOTHING better.Kristen: You will feel everything down to your bones! This book…for me…was the Fantasy version of Sweet Dreams. I felt it that deeply! Enjoy!!!Sarah: You so have to post when you get to the oh $&@: moment. I’d love to see your reaction…if you can even pull your eyes away from it of course. Its so bad yet so good. Pure KA gold.Marissa: … I’m not one for paranormal/fantasy (if that’s what you’d call this) but I should’ve known…it’s Kristen Ashley; of course it’s fantastic!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Torn from You (Tear Asunder) by Nashoda Rose <—- NEWLY ADDED NEW RELEASE AND OMG the synopsis just BLEW MY MIND!!!!! There goes my TBR list yet again. DARK READ for ME!!!!! ONE click!! clickclickclickity click!!! (thank you SO much LisaB for pointing it out)… WOW!!!! You know me well, and this is SO for me! Here’s hoping it’s everything this synopsis makes it seem to be. Just look, and you (dark-book lovers) will get why this “blurb” gave me an uber-jolt!
Love is like an avalanche. It hits hard, fast and without mercy.At least it did for me when Sculpt, the lead singer of the rock band Tear Asunder knocked me off my feet. Literally, because he’s also a fighter, illegally of course, and he taught me how to fight. He also taught me how to love and I fell hard for him. I mean the guy could do sweet, when he wasn’t doing bossy, and I like sweet.Then it all shattered.Kidnapped.
I was alone and fighting to survive.
When I heard Sculpt’s voice, I thought he was there to save me.I was wrong.
- Sempre: Redemption by J.M. Darhower <— book #2 that was just released is only $3.00 right now!!! Thanks Nancy! (here’s my review for book #1 Sempre (Forever) and our crew appear to be LOVING it! Tracie says: “Love love love this sequel. Like loved it. I love Carmine with my whole heart, but Corrado was it for me in this book. And Vincent. Gah!! All of them! I’m still thinking about It days later.” and Charlie says: “*sighs* amazing”
- Bikers And Tinsel (MC Sinners # 3.5) by Bella Jewel <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! Just released!! (here’s the series reading order)
- Girl of Lies (Rachel’s Peril) by Charles Sheehan-Miles <—- JUST RELEASED and is a spinoff from his fantastic “Thompson Sisters” series!
- Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan <– *whoooooo*, and one of my absolute favorite books ever (’cause it was unputtdownable with all of it’s crazy turmoil and taboo and bad-guy fun!) You want the ultimate biker guilty pleasure? THIS!!!!! SO GOOD and gritty and raw! (here’s my review). Sarah agrees: “Loved this book! It’s raw, gritty and sexy!” and so does Claudia: “This is one of my favorite MC books, I can’t wait for the next one!” (plus here’s the series reading order. So far? I’ve read and loved EVERY single one!!!)
- The Soul Mate (The Holy Trinity) by Madeline Sheehan <— and she’s got a paranormal series out too, and book #1
- Addicted to You (Addicted Series 1) by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie <— back on the list ’cause Kat just found out this series is on sale right now! “The Addicted Series is on sale right now. The 2nd book Addicted for Now is 1 DAY sale only. Hear great things about the series I one clicked. Link for 1st book” (here’s the Addicted Series Reading Order)
- Forever & Always (The Ever Trilogy: Book 1) by Jasinda Wilder <— JUST RELEASED! It’s on the edge of our “bargain price range” but looks darn good! “We’re pen pals. Maybe that’s all we’ll ever be. I don’t know. If we met IRL (in real life, in case you’re not familiar with the term) what would happen?” <— I bet you this one has a really intimate feel. (thanks Lisa!!) 🙂
- Pure Temptation (Tempted) by Eve Carter <— JUST RELEASED, and here we’ve got a synopsis that gave me a slight jolt. Here’s why: “What would you do if you found a briefcase filled with 250,000 dollars? When the financially struggling college student, Daniella Carrington, stumbles upon just such a briefcase in a sleazy hotel room in Manhattan, she can’t resist the temptation. She takes the money but soon discovers that it is connected to a deadly underground MMA fighting cartel.” <— right!??? *whoo* sounds like good ol’ fashion bad-guy (cartel) & bad ass (MMA!!) fun! I have not read anything by this author yet, but the synopsis has me curious.
- A Willow Creek Christmas (The Willow Creek Series) by Lily Graison <—- it’s a Christmas book that looks so good! “Widowed with two young children, Keri Hilam is desperate to escape her abusive brother in law, going so far as sneaking away in the dead of night in hopes of finding a better life. She never regrets leaving, not even when they find themselves stranded, starving, and alone. Fate brings them to Willow Creek, Montana, where they’re rescued by an unlikely hero, an ex-confederate soldier who seems more monster than man.” <— MINE!!!!!! I so one-clicked. This will be my Christmas read!! 😀
- A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers <— one of my absolute taboo and delicious 5-star favorites!!! (my review)
- The Dark Light of Day by T.M. Frazier <— another awesome read this year (dark and gritty too!!!). (here’s my review) (thanks Kat!!) – and Sally agrees saying: “Ladies this is a MUST read & at this price I would hit that one-click button! One of my favorites of 2013 and T.M. Frazier is the sh!t! Can’t wait till her next book KING comes out!“
- Escape From Paradise by Gwendolyn Field <— DARK BOOK alert!! 😉 Sarah found out this one’s on sale! “Escape From Paradise by Gwendolyn Field. I loved this book!” (here’s my review) and so many in our crew LOVED it!!
Jennifer: Loved this book too
Claudia: Loved this book
Kandace: My favorite books of the year..
1. Escape From Paradise <— side note from Maryse: Very good dark read. (my review).
2. Making Faces <— side note from Maryse: One of my favorites this year, too!! (my review).
3. Sempre: Redemption <— Gah!! I can’t wait to read this one. It was just released this week and it just went on sale!
4. Surviving Raine <— side note from Maryse: Absolutely one of my absolute favorites!! Bastian was the perfectly imperfect alpha-jerk!!! P.S. one of our fellow readers introduced me to that term (alpha-jerk) and I can’t help but use it. 😉 (my review).
Lori: One of my favorites this year!
Stephanie: ME TOO! Love this book!
- Dangerous Embrace (The Embrace Series) by Dana Mason <— Aimee just found us this deal, saying: “looks interesting”. Yep it does! “She’s a first grade teacher, and with few friends and less family around, she has what she wants, a quiet life under the radar where she can be free of her past and live quietly. Until one night and one brutal act of violence changes everything. Injured and afraid, Sarah wants to run again, but Mark Summors refuses to let her go.” <— no worries. Mark appears to be the good guy!
- VIP by M. Robinson <— looks good, looks angsty and looks like one of those tumultuous love stories a la “Arsen” if you get my meaning… So far, great reviews and it appears the author has had it edited and uploaded the new version. I’ve been veryyyyyy intrigued but I’m a bit scared at where it’ll take my poor heart. “After a very stable, loving childhood with a few bumps, Sebastian married the love of his life: the one person who he knew would always be there. Julia was his rock, and he loved her more than life itself. Sebastian kept his addiction to the water under control, wanting to keep his time with his wife and son his number one obsession. That was, until he saw her.” Eeeeeep! That’s all I need to quote from the blurb, to already give you an idea for those that haven’t read Arsen.
- Breaking Bedrock (Book Two) by Britney King <— here’s a new release (book #2 after Bedrock) that I almost missed! (that seems along the lines of the one just above this one…)
- Bedrock by Britney King <— Yep from this blurb, I’m definitely thinking another tumultuous love affair… “When Addison Greyer, a happily married mother of three, decides to re-enter the workforce, she never once considers that taking a job might unravel everything she thinks to be true about her life–that it would cause her to look deep within and confront fears she didn’t know existed. She couldn’t have foreseen how a chance meeting or a single day can change the course of an entire lifetime.” <— see what I mean?
- Starr Fated (Starr Series) by GE Griffin <— Cris just brought this one to our attention and sure enough… lots of great-looking reviews! It appears to be about two college students (she forgets her bag in the subway and he retrieves it for her and things get rolling there, but he’s got a wealthy older brother that doesn’t approve…) Hrmmm… In my mind, I see it going one of two ways. I wonder if he will ’cause them all sorts of problems, or if HE will suddenly be interested in her too. Triangle? “Cynical wealthy businessman Liam Starr is certain Jamie’s good nature has been taken advantage of by a hard up art student. Liam doesn’t believe in any of that love or romance rubbish, and he’s determined that a pretty face is not going to take his gullible baby brother for a ride. But first impressions aren’t always correct, and people aren’t always what they seem.” *taps chin*… hrmmm… this could be for me!
- Out of Turn (The Kathleen Turner Series #4) by Tiffany Snow <— Jennifer just finished this new release saying: “Just finished Out of Turn by Tiffany Snow – aargh! This darn love triangle is bringing me to my knees! I least I’ve decided which team I’m on.” <— oh I LOVE the sound of this. I haven’t read this series yet but I already KNOW this one’s for me, absolutely! I wonder what team I’m gonna be on? (here’s the series reading order)
- Pieces For You #2 by Genna Rulon <— not exactly bargain priced but a few in our crew are reading it and loving. I really enjoyed book #1 (my review) and really crushed on the guy that this book is about, and I’m excited about the feedback we’re already getting. Tracie says: “I’m already in love with Griff and it’s only chapter 5!!” and then… ” I’m halfway through and Griff is just perfect. He’s so patient and protective.”
- Metal Urge by E.D. Wilbourn <— ANGRY BAD BOY ROCK STAR ALERT!! 😉 Annie recommends this deal. “I just saw that Metal Urge by E.D. Wilbourn was on sale for 99 cents. I first saw this book on your blog last January and it is REALLY GOOD.”
- Lover Undercover (A McCade Brothers Novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Samanthe Beck <— it looks good!! “Yoga instructor Kylie Roberts is the good twin. At least she was—until an accident forces Kylie to step into her twin’s sexy stilettos at a posh Hollywood “men’s club.” But nothing could’ve prepared Kylie for the dead body in the club’s parking lot or the ridiculously hot detective who insists the killer is targeting her regulars.“
- Bully (Fall Away Series #1) by Penelope Douglas <— (’cause Jared’s story was just released – see it below). And I really enjoyed this one! (my review)
- Until You (Fall Away Series #1.5) by Penelope Douglas <— Lisa LOVED it! “Hi Maryse, just finished Until You a few minutes ago. If you loved Bully you will this alove this as its from Jared’s point of view. I got caught back up in Jared and Tate’s story and was up half the night to reading this. I think I love his version better than the original. The author had not planned to write this but did so because of fan requests and she did a great job. His story provided more depth to the story than I though possible. Highly recommend.”
- Unspoken Memories (Unspoken Series) by Gabbie S. Duran <– Cezanne recommends this one! “I read a book called Unspoken Memories by Gabbie S. Duran a few months ago. It’s about a girl that loses her memory in an accident and it leads her to this guy. There’s some angst and the female main character is sassy and fun and the lead guy was sweet but there is a lot of build to their relationship. It was one of my favorites this year.”
- HIGH (The Indigo Lounge Series #1) by Zara Cox <— recommended by Shanda: “… it was pretty steamy hawt… alpha galore…. you know all the stuff we like. Just thought I would mention it, I bet a lot of the readers would love it. … It is good and no cliffhanger, not really. I mean the last sentence leaves your jaw dropped and you want more information but I wouldn’t say cliffhanger, and book 2 has a early 2014 release date.” —> “Bethany Green has endured the worst year of her life; bad luck and heartbreak at every turn. Karma swings wildly in her favour when a money-can’t-buy golden ticket lands in her lap – an invitation to experience the scandalously sexy Indigo Lounge for herself.” <— Ooooooh. Me. Titillated! 😉
- Catch Me by Clair Contreras <— Whitney loves this recent release. “Just finished this book and I absolutely loved it!! Just wanted share! :)”
- Arrow of Time (Marauders) by Lina Andersson <– BIKER BOOK alert? Well, from the cover I’m not seeing quite that, but a review title says don’t let the cover fool you. Okay. I can do that. 😉 But what lead me to looking up this book is this recommendation by Susan: “Wow, oh WOW! Biker book alert. … This first time author is great! As an avid reader it takes something unusual to capture my attention and Lina Anderson did an unbelievable job. This is a heart warming story of not only a sexy, tattooed biker and strong, compassionate, tough h but also about family and how they can destroy or make a person whole. Excellent secondary characters leave me waiting on the edge of my seat for the 2nd book in the marauders series which will definitely be a one click purchase for me.“
- The Reckoning: Book Two of the Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu <— book #2 in the trilogy
- Promise Me by Barbie Bohrman <— looks right up our alley! Bad boy rescuer in high school “Fast forward ten years: Sabrina is settled in Miami, happy at last—until her best friend urges her to attend her high school reunion and face her painful past once and for all. And…maybe meet the mysterious Tyler once again.“
- Picturing Perfect by Melissa Brown <— “Hadley Foster has been through a lot in her twenty-two years: the death of her beloved father, her mother’s descent into mental illness, and the loss of her soulmate, Jason Kelly, from whom she walked away years ago.” <— he’s “nerdy but handsome” as per the blurb! I love the nerdy ones, too. 😉
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park <— one of my favorites this year! 5-STARS! (my review)
- Patch Up by Stephanie Witter <– Kat found us this one saying: “On sale. Ive been dying to read this book, now i can!”
- Skin Deep by J.M. Stone <— Jennifer found us this one saying: “been in my wish list forever ” —> “Oh, who was she kidding? Emma knew that going to the tattoo shop with her best friend, Allie, would result in getting badgered until she ended up with some sort of needle piercing her flesh in one way or another. What she didn’t plan on was ending up face-first on the floor of the shop with a busted lip. Or doing it in front of the hottest guy she’d seen since…well, ever.” <— hehe.