Great new recommendations this week, and while I’m still working on reading through last week’s TBR list, I’ve added a few more to it from this one. *sigh* I make progress, and then my list just gets bigger anyway. Ah well. 😉 But I did good last week!! I read three of ’em and didn’t stray! And now I intend to read another two more this weekend!
Okay so here’s my own personal TBR list as of this week: Everything Changes, Diamond Girl, Elite, Rules of Entanglement, After Hours, Twisted Perfection, Obsession: Darkness Falls and By a Thread. Of course, I want to read all of ’em below, (and all of ’em from last week… and all of ’em in my iPad for that matter…) but THESE were the ones that had my gut clench as I read the synopsis & the recommendations.
And here are ALL of this week’s reader recommendations and bargain finds!
- First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World) by Jeaniene Frost <— Spade’s book & the first one in her “spinoff” (thanks Rose!!) (my review)
- One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress) by Jeaniene Frost <— book #2 in this series and I went NUTS over it. Especially after #1’s cliffhanger. This whole series is awesome but #2 had me on the edge of my seat. (my review – but DON’T read it if you haven’t read book #1 yet!!)
- A Moment (Moments Series, New Adult Romance: Book 1) by Marie Hall <—- Thanks Nancy!! – it sounds good, too! One of our emotionally darker types…
- The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken <– heard of this one a few times, and since I put her other book (Elite) on last week’s list, I thought this one would work on this list!
- Red Flags by C.C. Brown <— Jennifer pointed out that this one, and it’s “just released” sequel are both on sale!
- Enlightened (Red Flags) by C.C. Brown <— recently released!!!
- Connected (Connections #1) by Kim Karr <— (Thanks Jennifer!)
- The Other Fish in the Sea (Grab Your Pole, #2) by Jenn Cooksey
- Losing Me, Finding You (A New Adult Biker Erotic Romance) by C.M. Stunich <— Yvette recommends it! “Omg Just finished Losing me, Finding you!! All I can say is …… Wow loved it!!!!!”
- Selling Scarlett (Love Inc.) by Ella James <— my friend Joanna liked this one (“THANK YOU to whoever suggested Selling Scarlett! I’m a book zombie this morning, and happy about it…”), and then Tilly recommended it, too! “Just finished Selling Scarlett. Could’t put it down. The style and story felt different than anything I’ve read in a while. Liked it.”
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred <— I LOVED this one, reviewed it a year or so ago, and Sadie just recommended it, too. “The Sweet Gum Tree is the best I’ve spent in a long time. So good! It will stick with me and I’d definitely read more from this author.” (here is my review)
- Beautifully Broken (Beautifully #1) (Beautifully Series) by Bethany Bazile <— Aimee found us this one and Janet liked it! “This was really good. You need to read the 2nd one too … which was also really good and it wraps it up. Definitely a good bargain”
- Beautifully Revealed (Beautifully #2) (Beautifully Series) by Bethany Bazile
- By a Thread by R.L. Griffin <— Jeannie recommended this one, and Janet agreed: “By a Thread by R.L. Griffin was so frickin good. Best book I’ve read in a while. Thanks Jeannie Smith for the review a couple of days ago. I ditto everything you said. 2nd one is supposed to be out in the summer.” Okay THIS one has just officially been added to the near-top of my TBR list after that synopsis.
- Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines <— of COURSE I can’t wait to get to this one! Dolores loved it: “Just finished Twisted Perfection. WOW. Can I love Woods any more than I did in the Fallen Too Far Series?”
- Crush (Crash) by Nicole Williams <— another that I’m excited about. Angela loved it “Crush was amazing!! I love Jude. This was just what I needed to get over my heartbreak from The Last Hour.” (OMG YES!! The Last Hour was amazing, deep and devastating!)
- The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan-Miles (this was my highlight this week, but I thought I’d put it here, too. Here is my review.)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth <— hugely popular dystopian series with book #3 to be released in October. Here is book #1 on sale now. Kylie says: “Everyone needs 2 read Divergent, I prob liked it more than Hunger Games” and Julie agrees: “so good! book 2 is amazing as well.”
- Breach by K.I. Lynn <— lawfirm love! Ivannie says: “Just finished reading Breach by Lynn, K.I. It was really good, even though there’s a second book !!!! More books to wait!!”
- Strings (Hard Rock Harlots) by Kendall Grey <— It appears quite a few of you are laughing and enjoying this one). Erin says: “Reading strings by Kendall grey only 5 pages in and I’ve been laughing so hard I almost peed a little. It’s crude humor, my favorite.”
- Control (The Soul of Voodoo) by M.C. Lavocat recommended by Kristin: “I just finished a book called Control by M.C. Lavocat. She’s a brand new author, it’s her first book and I thought it was excellent. It’s a paranormal romance with a “love triangle” It’s super steamy and surprisingly funny.”
- Obsession: Darkness Falls by Ivory Quinn <— also on my TBR list!! Especially after Debra’s recommendation: “Just finish Obsession, Darkness Falls very good and OMG what an unexpected ending, cannot get over it… cannot get it out of my head, I fell in love with Gabriel…
- The Upside of Letting Go by Nacole Stayton – Kerri recommends it! ” I loved this story. It’s kinda emotional but there were scenes with characters that didn’t go the way I expected them to. I recommend it. An for a debut author the writing and story was phenomenal.”
- Omega Days by John L. Campbell <— our resident Zombie lover, Paige found us this one!! “Zombie Sunday!! This is a really great book with a strong TWD feel!! Enjoy ♥ … It is good! Lots of action. No romance.”
- Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora —> Polly recommends this one: “If you need a break from all the dark heavy reads lately, highly recommend this one. Had a bit of everything – laughs, heartfelt moments & of course sexy times!!”
- Beautiful Bitch by Christina Lauren <— pre-order
I found Crush by Nicole Williams for $4.99 at http://www.allromanceebooks.com vs the $10.99 at amazon.ca…available in most formats
Hey Just FYI, Ember X by Jessica Sorenson, who wrote The Secret of Ella and Micha, is FREE!! I loved that one and this is paranormal!!! Looks good!! So YEAH!!!
Read beautifully broken and revealed 2 weeks ago and enjoyed them both. 🙂
After Hours was really good! Stayed up way too late finishing it but sooo worth it!
I absolutely adored The Bet; it was light, sweet, and sexy and oh so damn funny! Definitely a book to read after a “dark” read.
Strings blew me away, I loved it. It was totally unexpected and probably one of the more unique stories ive read. I never knew there were sooo many ways to describe a sex scene, I actually had to go to Urban Dictonary to confirm a few LOL. I was laughing and blushing and speechless through the whole thing. Not for those who don’t like crude humor, her warning says it all.
I read The Bet and it was sooo good!! Great story and I laughed so many times! Definitely a great book to read after some of the darker ones I’ve read recently. I just finished Twisted Perfection! Loved it! Couldn’t put it down as every book I seem to read!
Finished Obsession Darkness Falls. Amazing one of the best books of the year. Totally didn’t expect the end. OMG! A must read. Push to the top of your TBR. Waiting for book 2!
I read Selling Scarlett and loved it. It was very different than anything I would usually read. So glad I took a chance after reading the synopsis.
Liked Selling Scarlett but loved Diamond Girl…Cant wait to read your review for Diamond girl hope that you enjoy it as much as I did…
Read Elite, Selling Scarlet, and Strings. They were all good, but Elite rocked!!!! This is one of my new favorites!!!! Can’t wait for November!!
read breach, just finished it & it was a really good book. can’t wait for the next one. i read sweet gum tree a long time ago & that book was also really good.
Just one clicked away!!! Thank you!! I loved Elite too and can not wait to see what you think!!
Loved loved loved Elite!!! Read it this morning! Can’t wait for the sequel as usual!!! When is it coming out? Now to get back to all I need to do today!!! All i should have done by now if I hadn’t started Elite! What a relaxing morning!!! Nothing like a good book! What to read next….can’t start anything new till tomorrow !
Just finished Strings and I blushed and giggled through entire book. I really enjoyed this book. It was a nice change of pace for me after tanking up on a lot of angsty and dark reads. Has anyone read Friend Zoned?
Lisa, Friend-Zoned is getting great reviews. A lot of the blogs on FB are loving it. Its a humorous romance and the author is getting called between a cross of KA and Tara Sivec. So if you’re a fan of either of those authors, give it a try. The reviews on Goodreads are pretty darn good too.
I loved Friend Zoned, can’t wait for more books in this series, and/or by this author. It was sweet, sexy, with lots of great characters.
Diamond Girl, Elite, Twisted Perfection, and Strings were all awesome! It’s been a really good book week.
I loved Friend-zoned as well. Would recommend it.
Marsye, I am going crazy trying to find a book that I was reading about on someones website (Im sorry it wasn’t yours,I wish it would have been cause I could have found it by going back to your site!!) anyway this book is about a biker who owns I think a restraunt and while he was out of town one of the gang members let a lady rent a cabin.She only stays in towns for like a month selling coffee and giving advice and then moves on.Another biker gang-bad guys-are harrassing her and he claims her as his in order to protect her,but I dont know what site I was on and I can’t remember the name of the book,I accidently hit delete and lost the site and the book to-do you or any of your readers know what book Im talking about? Its a recent release,I think it came out this month and its not a freebie,can you help me??? [email protected]
What a reading weekend!!! Diamond girl done!!! Awesome!!! Maryse all your tbr so far are fantastic!!!
Maryse, i had just finished readind “diamond girl” and it’s aaawweessoommeee, one of the best books i’ve read in this year….. you HAVE to read this one. You’ll love it :))) thanks for recommending
I actually read The Bet, and I have to say I was literally laughing out loud through the book. Between the angst and the “almosts” that had me ALMOST in tears. Loved it! There was a review that threw me before I read it, but I ignored the review that called the characters unrealistic and immature (if you’ve had a childhood friend, then you know your interactions with them are not always mature) . . . and their interactions had me laughing so hard!!! LOVED it.
just finished obsession darkness and it was awesome the ending kind of threw me but now i’ll wait for the next book in the series but i highly recommend it:) just wow!!!
When is for his pleasure book 16 coming out…what date and month