Happy Friday my friends!! A whole reading weekend ahead of me, and my next read could be anything. I’ve got so many options, but I’m not sure what I’m in the mood for. A bunch below have my attention, and specifically three that really have it. (Mine to Lose, Come to Me Quietly, Break In Two and Never Smile at Strangers annnnd Someone Else’s Love Story). Okay that was five.
Then again, I’m thinking of backtracking and finishing the “The Bronze Horseman Trilogy” (I’m halfway through book #2, and I honestly have NO idea why I put it down way back when – I think it was back in 2012?). Probably some shiny new tattooed bad-boy distracted me (I was bad-boy crazy wasn’t I? Er… was? I should say “am“. Still.) Tee hee!
But since some of our fellow readers have just discovered (and some re-discovered) it, and are freaking OUT over it on our Facebook page, they gave me the “Alexander” bug. Yep… book #1 totally did that to me (here’s my review), and I could really read something different and intense like that, again.
It’s the ultimate love story and what makes it even better for me, is that I hear book #2 and #3 are even angsty-er <—? than the first one. The girls renewed my “Bronze Horseman” spark and really, you just can’t go wrong with that series if you’re in the mood for the “ultimate love-story intensity/alpha male/tragic stuff/ best series ever” kind of read. 😉
Yep… I’m thinking that one.
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Two to Tango (Erotic Romance) by Mimi Strong <— JUST RELEASED and it’s a standalone (thanks Janet!)
- Mine to Lose (Mine to Love) by T.K. Rapp <— JUST RELEASED and Jenny says: “New book came out by TK Rapp and I really enjoyed it! It’s right up our alley” Okay yes…. this one sounds good. They are TOTALLY in love, and settled into their careers, but when he gets a job that requires them to move… she doesn’t budge. “Although determined to make the long distance thing work, their lives and careers begin to take a toll on the relationship, leaving them to wonder if they’re doing the right thing. Sometimes love isn’t enough.“
- Surrendering to Us (Surrender Saga, Book Two) by Chelsea M. Cameron <— JUST RELEASED!
- The Ex Games 3 by J.S. Cooper <— JUST RELEASED
- Hearts at Play (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 6) by Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED (and RACE CAR driver alert!!) She’s got a 6 year old, working two jobs and intends on living life without complications (and men). But then… “The last thing Capital Series Grand Prix racer Hugh Braden wants after dating media-hungry leggy models and money-hungry fan girls is a blind date. But how could he turn down a favor to one of his best friends? Hugh expected the date to go poorly, but he didn’t expect to be intensely attracted to the beautiful brown-eyed bartender who completely blows him off–and steals his every thought thereafter.“
- Thrash (Bayonet Scars #2) by JC Emery <— JUST RELEASED (biker book alert!) and Janet says: “Read the first one in this series. it was a 4 star for me. This is the second one”
- Ride (Bayonet Scars #1) by JC Emery <— and Lisa found out that #1 is on sale right now!
- A Different Blue by Amy Harmon <— much loved by MANY in our group (a student/teacher romance of sorts but not so taboo) (thanks Kat!!)
- Starlight – Peaches Monroe Trilogy Book 2 (Erotic Romance) by Mimi Strong <— (thanks Stephanie!!) – here’s the series reading order.
- Otherwise Unharmed (Evan Arden) by Shay Savage <— Sally found out that one of our favs is on sale, saying “So ladies a little birdie told me that Shay Savage’s Otherwise Unharmed ebook will go on sale tomorrow (1/10) for a 72 hour sale. DO NOT PASS THIS UP! If you don’t have it yet get that one-click finger ready! Its a FANTASTIC series! Evan Arden is like no other!” <— Yep! (here’s the Evan Arden Series Reading Order) and I’ve read this series in it’s entirety and loved it!
- Oceans Collide (The Oceans Trilogy) by M.A. De Olmos <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT! This one’s been on a recent list, I think as a new release. Trisha says: “I enjoyed this one… Hot MMA fighters, fast moving story, not a love triangle, next book due out in April.” and Michelle agrees: “Really enjoyed this book…..can’t wait till April for the next one for sure….heck of a cliffhanger”
- Bittersweet by Noelle Adams
- Ethan (Alluring Indulgence) by Nicole Edwards <— HIGHLY recommended by Tracie: “Have you read Ethan by Nicole Edwards. It was just released Tuesday. It was so good. I think it’s her best yet. It’s a wonderful M/M story. I just love the Walker brothers and I think Ethan and Beau are my new favorites.” (here is the Club Destiny Series Reading Order)
- It’s Complicated by Julia Kent <— “Josie Mendham never meant to have her own (radically different) set of gasps and moans a few doors down from where her best friend, Laura, was giving birth. And stealing away with the obstetrician who was consulting on Laura’s case certainly wasn’t part of any birth plan.“
- Come to Me Quietly: The Closer to You Series by A.L. Jackson <— an insane amount of awesome reviews already for this new release, and Lisa LOVED it!! “I had to take a sec and tell you how much I loved Come To Me Quietly by A L Jackson. I stayed up and read it straight through. It was amazing. Tortured hero, forbidden love, heartbreaking story, loveable characters, slow build up with great sexual tension….it was just a perfect balance of it all. It probably wasn’t as descriptive as some of our reads , but still very sexy. Loved every heartbreaking second of it.” What what wwwhhhaaaaat?? Forbidden love?? Oh I LOVE those!!!
- It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor) by Jill Shalvis <— Oh yay! Police detective romance. 😉 “Ali Winters is not having a good day. Her boyfriend left her, everyone in town thinks she’s a thief, and now she’s about to be kicked out of her home. Her only shot at keeping a roof over her head and clearing her name is to beg for help from a police detective who’s as sexy as he is stern….“
- Outlander: with Bonus Content by Diana Gabaldon <— best book ever! (Okay… one of ’em. ;)). (Here’s my review).
- Brave by Zoe Dawson <— Deborah HIGHLY recommends it saying: “Please check out Zoe Dawson’s Brave. Although billed as a Christmas story (one of the Twelve NA’s of Christmas), Brave transcends the typical feel-good Christmas story with true-to-life issues and gut-wrenching emotions that can (and should) be savored anytime of the year. This was an emotional storm of a read for me (I am still recovering) and I think it could be one for you as well.” With a title like that… I can already imagine what I’m in for.
- Break In Two by MJ Summers <— SO many awesome reviews for this one. “The stormy love affair of a lifetime.” Ooooooooh that sounds angsty!!!! “Thirty-one year old Claire Hatley is running from Seattle having just discovered that her live-in boyfriend has traded her in for a twenty-two year old hostess. Devastated and alone Claire must make a fresh start. She answers an ad for a chef at a guest ranch just outside Colorado Springs and finds herself face to face with Cole Mitchell, quite possibly the sexiest man to ever ride a horse. Common sense tells them to stay away from each other, but their attraction is not to be denied. He gives her a glimpse of what love should be, but just as she starts to trust him, the past comes back to tear them apart.“
- Someone Else’s Love Story: A Novel by Joshilyn Jackson <— Another one with some great looking reviews. “Shandi Pierce is juggling finishing college, raising her delightful three-year-old genius son Nathan, aka Natty Bumppo, and keeping the peace between her eternally warring, long-divorced parents. She’s got enough complications without getting caught in the middle of a stick-up and falling in love with William Ashe, who willingly steps between the robber and her son.“
- Eternally North by Tillie Cole <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!! Recommended by Lee “I loved them both and can’t recommend them enough, “Rome” from sweet home is totally up there with Travis for me and “Tudor” from Eternally North is not far off either, both have stuck with me, hope you like them”
- Midnight Sky by Jan Ruth <— “She might be a farmer’s daughter but Laura is doing her best to deny her roots, even deny her true feelings. Until she meets James, but James is very married, and very much in love, to a wife who died two years ago. They both have issues to face from their past, but will it bring them together, or push them apart?“
- Community Service by Dakota Madison <— new adult love triangle (last year of college) but after reading the synopsis, this one seems to have a bit of a different “edge” to it: “Her new lab partner, Sawyer Reed, is still the overconfident and sexy jock that made fun of her in high school. The only thing that has changed is that he now uses a wheelchair, the result of a skiing accident. Jude Marino is a hot actor who all the girls want and would do anything to get. He works at a local theater where Maggie has been assigned to complete community services hours after rear-ending a police car.”
- Reclaim My Heart by Donna Fasano <— Here’s another “different” sounding one. “Sixteen years ago, Tyne Whitlock cut all ties to her past and left town under the shameful shadow of a teenage pregnancy. Now her fifteen-year-old son is in trouble with the law, and she is desperate for help. But reaching out to high-powered attorney Lucas Silver Hawk will tear open the heart-wrenching past in ways Tyne never imagined.”
- Never Smile at Strangers (Grand Trespass Series, Book #1) by Jennifer Jaynes <– okay this one sounds awesome!!! Kind of makes me think it’s going to be like “The Husband’s Secret” (in terms of different life stories that are all intertwining as the book progresses), but on a scarier, creepier level. I must read this!! MINE!! Oh wow… er… it says I already bought it. *redfaced* Then I need to get on it!!! Oh and I just saw a little tidbit from Jennifer as she was reading it: “Wanted to let you know I am 24% in to Never Smile At Strangers and it is TOTALLY different than anything else I have been reading lately. It’s being written from several POV’s and is very mysterious. Have to keep reading because there seems to be so much going on and so far it seems so random. Intriguing!“
- Kaleb (Alluring Indulgence) by Nicole Edwards <— Kim says: ” I definitely love Nicole Edwards’ books … Kaleb is one of my new favorites!” (here is the Club Destiny Series Reading Order)
- Following Atticus by Tom Ryan <— This looks AMAZING but I don’t think I can read it, ’cause it’ll probably kill my heart.
- Fighting For Irish (A Fighting for Love Novel) by Gina Maxwell <— MMA FIGHTER coming to us on Monday! (Here’s my review of book #1 in this series: Seducing Cinderella)
- Falling for Her Soldier: A Perfect Kisses Novel by Ophelia London <— Okay this one just looks plain gooooood. Her pen-pal is a soldier…
- Drew + Fable Forever (Novella) by Monica Murphy
- Behind His Eyes – Consequences by Aleatha Romig <—- OH LOOKIE you guys!! (and here’s the Consequences Trilogy Reading Order)