After my hugely emotional reading-week so far (taboo angst, but OMG the angst was KILLER!!! – see my “Forbidden review“) I’m ready for some good ol’ fashion uber-romance, tattooed bad-boy intensity and the possibility of finding my next new book-boyfriend. And from the looks of the awesome reviews already on this MMA fighter book, I’ve decided “Irish” is my next. Well… at least my next read. 😉 So if anyone wants to read along with me, I’m starting this one —> Fighting For Irish after work tonight.
Plus, there are a bunch of brand new releases on today’s post, and while I haven’t read them (or received recommendations yet), I chose a few that looked right up our alley (along with the bargain prices that were perfect for this list).
And thanks to some of your recommendations, yet again, there are a few HUGE standouts that I’m dying to try, so I’m adding these to my TBR list. Like Ignite (biker romance, childhood friends and as an adult, he’s an A-N-G-R-Y man. FUN!!), Fighting For Irish (but of course!! MMA fighter with THAT many good reviews already? MINE!!), Bad Things (not a new release, but I’ve received an influx of adamant recommendations for the Tristan & Danika series and I’m realizing I’ve been missing out), Perfect Lie (<— Kat and her mother LOVE this one), Remembering Us (she wakes up with no memory, back to her life and boyfriend… but dreaming about someone else). Sounds different! Oh, and a biker one below, that interests me, but I may wait for “editing fixes” before jumping in.
Okay, ready? 😛
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Ignite by R.J. Lewis <—- JUST RELEASED and looks good!! Kristina recommends it saying: “This book was also amazing. Passion, angst, tension, betrayal, MC biker, obsession, drama, hot, steamy, wth/wtf/omg/stfd & all that heart palpitating good stuff we love lol.” And the synopsis has me intrigued big time —> Childhood best friends become so much when they are older, only for her to have “issues” and leave him. “But when Sara is forced to return to her hometown, she didn’t anticipate for Jaxon to be there. Nor does she anticipate the change in him; a change so harsh and callous, he is a stranger with a dangerous agenda of his own. Ignited by her past feelings and the reminder of the guilt she carries in her heart, Sara attempts to avoid Jaxon at all costs… only to find herself trying to pull him out of the same darkness she was once in.“
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon <— one of my favorite books of 2013!!! 5-stars!! (thanks Lindsay). (Here is my review)
- Perfect Lie by Teresa Mummert <— Kat HIGHLY recommends this one saying: “So recommendation if yall havent read Perfect Lie by Teresa Mummert. My mom & I read it together and we both couldnt put our kindles down till we were done. If you havent read the book DO NOT read any reviews. 5 plus stars for both my mom & I.“
- Friend is a Four Letter Word by Steph Campbell <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Maliciously Obedient (Obedient Series #1) by Julia Kebt <—
- Deliciously Obedient (Obedient Series #3) by Julia Kent <—
- Fighting For Irish (A Fighting for Love Novel) by Gina Maxwell <— THIS is the one I’m going to start tonight. 😀 *happy dance*. It’s been a few weeks (maybe even more?) since I’ve read a bad-ass fighter book, and I am SO ready to fall for one ASAP! Angie just pointed out that it’s on sale! “Happy early Valentine’s Day to us!!!” I just one-clicked. I can’t believe I hadn’t already on release day. No matter, he’s mine, now. 😉
- Submissive Fairy Tales by Kitty Thomas <—- QUEEN OF DARK reads alert!! 😉 “Submissive Fairy Tales is a collection of previously published novellas by Kitty Thomas: The Auction, Awakening, and The King’s Pleasure.” Ooooh “The Auction” sounds crazy! Actually, they all do…
- Remembering Us by Stacey Lynn <— Oh yessss this is the one that was a new release last week, looks so gooood and totally high on my TBR list (she lost her memory and dreams about someone else….). “He loves me. And I love him. At least that’s what everyone says. But when my memories return to me as dreams, I see a different man than the one everyone claims is perfect for me. He terrifies me. He makes my heart race and he makes me feel things I’ve never felt before.” Well guess what!? Cathy just commented saying: “I just noticed that Remembering Us has been dropped, Maryse! It was an amazing book! You have to read it!“
- Pieces of Me by Erica Cope <— NEW RELEASE. “Aria Watkins’s life was on the perfect path, or so she thought. She and Sean had big plans for their future together. They were going to go off to college, get married, and have 2.5 kids. But when tragedy strikes, it destroys the heart of Aria and she’s afraid she’ll never be the same. Heartbroken and confused, Aria starts college a completely different person. She hardly recognizes the broken girl she’s become, but she can’t seem to find the strength to put back together the pieces either.”
- Denial (New Adult Romance) by Ember Chase <— NEW RELEASE “I used to have such good judgment. A solid head on my shoulders. Then I met Isaac. We are just supposed to work together, that’s it. There is no way I’m falling for this wealthy control freak with major anger issues and a different woman in his bed every night. Even if he is super adorable and ridiculously sweet sometimes.“
- Savage Hearts (Club Volare) by Chloe Cox <— NEW RELEASE! (Here’s the “Club Volare” series reading order – but I’m pretty sure they can be read as standalone. In fact I read one random one out of the bunch. Good!)
- Big Bad Dare: Tattoos and Submission (Rock Hard Doms) by Nicole Snow <— NEW RELEASE “The inked up Adonis in her friend’s favorite tattoo shop dares Jessie to do the unthinkable: step into his back room for a tattoo of her own, or else spend one night on the town with him. That’s not so hard…right? Garrett Foster moonlights as a tattoo artist. In another life, he’s Dom and co-owner at the Red Widow, an exclusive bondage club for exquisite tastes…“
- Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1) by R.K. Lilley <— okay Kristina and a few others recently have absolutely convinced me to move these to the top of my TBR list, ASAP! You see… I really enjoyed (and loved this author’s In Flight (Up In The Air #1), but I was sort of… billionaired-out. 😉 So I still need to read the other books (that’s right… I haven’t yet). And “Tristan & Danika” are a spinoff from that series. I wasn’t sure that you could read these as standalones from the initial series! But now I know ’cause Kristina is right where I was, and says: “Maryseeee 🙂 You totally need to check out R.K. Lilley’s Tristan & Danika series. My gawd. I previously read the author’s Mile High series book 1 & couldn’t really get into it (during the influx of 50 shades everything genre) & shelved these because I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy them. Uh yeah, I was so flippin’ wrong & I want to smack myself. This is so right up your alley. Tristan is a mix between Brian from Cherrie Lynn’s Rock Me & Kellan from Stephens Thoughtless series. Book 1 picks up a little slow but as it moves on, you get sucked right in. As soon as I finished it, I rushed into book 2 & now I’m having major withdrawals!!! Book 2 just wrecked me!! Intense, HOT, sexy, angst, drama, rockstar, HOT, wth, wtf, omg, shut the front door, step away from the kindle moments.. I’m about to stalk the author (as I see she lives in Vegas & demand book 3 now!!!) I’ve actually revisited her Mile High series trying to get glimpses of T&D lol.. go check them out. So worth it”
- Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika #2) by R.K. Lilley <— and Kimberly agrees with Kristina: “I sooooo agree. Just read them and I can’t wait for the next.” So does Kentrina: “I agree!!! I need book 3 NOW!!!”
- Game Changer (Hell’s Saints Motorcycle Club) by Paula Marinaro <— NEW RELEASE + BIKER book! Sherry recommended it saying: “Just finished a new motorcycle club romance by a new author it’s by Paula Marinaro and it’s called Game Changer… It was good i was hooked from page one” and Susan just emailed me saying: “… I bought it and um yeah I finished it in less than 24 hours even with a 10+ hour work day, kids homework, cleaning the house and YES it was worth the sleep deprivation. Thank you Paula Marinaro. My only ehhh with this book was Paula clearly did an accidental word replace with “passed” for “past” BUT that error can’t diminish such a good book.” Sounds like fun to me! Not many reviews yet, but I skimmed one mentioning it needs serious editing and just from the synopsis, I tend to agree…
- Pretty Little Lies by Jennifer Miller <— Janet recommends it saying: “Anybody read Pretty Little Lies? about 50% in and I think the sh*t is gonna hit the fan soon. The second one just came out and it is complete” and then: ” huge cliffhanger, have the second one ready if you plan to read” and Mikell agrees: “good book”
- Pretty Little Dreams (Pretty Little Lies Series) by Jennifer Miller <— and here’s book #2 that just came out!!
- Angel After Dark (After Dark Series) by Kahlen Aymes <— NEW RELEASE (“Angel answers calls and gives relationship advice on a Friday night radio program.“) and HE doesn’t like what she said to his girlfriend… so he calls her.
- Friendship on Fire (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 3) Contemporary Romance by Melissa Foster <— childhood friends/schoolgirl crush… and now they are all grown up. “Small-town overachiever Riley Banks has finally scored her big break–working in Manhattan as a fashion design assistant for her childhood crush, Josh Braden. She enters her new job hoping to make a name for herself and–just maybe–explore the romance that slipped through her fingers way back when.”
- One to Keep (One to Hold) by Tia Louise <— NEW RELEASE – thanks Kandace!! (and book #2 after One to Hold see it below)
- One to Hold by Tia Louise <— o(Derek Alexander is a retired Marine, ex-cop, and the top investigator in his field. Melissa Jones is a small-town girl trying to escape her troubled past.)
- Otherwise Alone (Evan Arden) by Shay Savage <— hey here’s another ex-military bad-ass! One of my favorites of them all! (Book Review – Otherwise Alone)
- Otherwise Occupied (Evan Arden) by Shay Savage (Book Review – Otherwise Occupied)
- All the Pretty Lies (The Pretty Series) by M. Leighton <— Laura recommends this one: “have read one call all the pretty lies it was amazing please read it u won’t regret it!!” (from what I gather from the synopsis… sheltered girl meets total tattoo-artist bad-ass with a chip on his shoulder).
- VAIN by Fisher Amelie <— great read, beautiful writing (thanks Kat!!) – here’s my book review of Vain
- GREED (The Seven Deadly Series) by Fisher Amelie <— book #2 in the series and also only right now! and Meghan says: “I really liked Greed – easily 4 stars for me. It was great and heartwarming. I like Vain better, but Greed was still a great read.” and Tracie says: “I loved this book so much.”
- LAYERS (Stark #1) by Sigal Ehrlich <— Tasha recommends it: “A couple weeks I read a book called Layers by Sigal Ehrlich Really great book an there is kinda a cliffhanger the second books come out at the end of the month… I really like this book ! “When Hayley makes a resolution to declare her loose lifestyle era R.I.P, it’s all good in theory… That is until she meets Daniel Stark, a well-respected, mid-thirties business man who is known for his short temper, lack of steady relationships as well as his strict preserve of his private life.“
- Below Unforgiven (Movie Trilogy, Book One) (The Movie Trilogy) by Kimberly Stedronsky <— Jennifer recommends it saying: “Below Unforgiven by Kimberly Stedronsky is on sale! This was such a great read I could not put it down. Keaton makes me swoon. Hot, arrogant and vulnerable and he says whatever he wants. What I love most about him was he didn’t hide from how he felt but embraced it even after what he had been through. He is a famous (young) hollywood director and Vi is a small town girl who once had dreams of acting. A MUST read I think! 3 part series and book #2 looks to have the element of mystery and suspense woven in with a serial killer running around (book #2 is not out yet).”
- Repair Me (Kin Series Book 1) by Jennifer Foor <—
- Replace Me (Book 2 Kin Series) by Jennifer Foor <— and book #2, too!
- Cherry Girl (Blackstone Affair) by Raine Miller <— I’m hearing tons of great things about this one, and Aimee just found out it’s on sale right now.
- Rumor Has It (Limelight) by Elisabeth Grace <— FAMOUS GUY ALERT! (thanks again, Aimee!!) “All publicity is good publicity, right? Unless you’re recent college grad Ellie Wagner and an embarrassing video of you and your boyfriend goes viral. Every man in your life abandons you, but who knew a one-minute clip of your latest doomed relationship would brand you a slut, prevent you from getting your perfect job, and force you to keep doing the one thing you swore you’d never do again…live with your mother.” And then… she runs into a hip-hop star.
- The Suicide Princess by Anthony Bryan <—
- Being Me (Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones <— Lisa just found us this one! “This one has been on my TBR list for a LONG time. I just 1 clicked it due to this sale price!” (Ohhh I liked this one! Here’s my Book Review – Being Me)
- A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers <—- Eeeeep!! Book #3 😀 (in fact, here’s my 5-star review of book #1: Book Review – A Little Too Far)
- Loving Cara (Love Under the Big Sky) by Kristen Proby <— nice cover. 😉 It’s Paul!
- Cherished (Wanted) by Kelly Elliott
- Dark Bites: A Short Story Collection (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Betting on You: (InterMix) (A Danvers Novella) by Sydney Landon