I’m having another series marathon read-weekend!! I told y’all about this one in my latest “Top Ten Books on my TBR List” and I’m sticking with that list (since I’ve been having GREAT luck with it already). Two for two, and now on to:
Beg Tease Submit – Sequence One (Songs of Submission (Sequence One) by C.D. Reiss.
I can’t wait!! I’m starting tonight, so if anyone wants to read along with me, let’s play!! P.S. The enthusiasm for this series is HUGE (and our book-crew is head-over-heels with the alpha in this one), so I have a feeling we’ll be in for a weekend love-fog.
In fact, here’s a snippet from Angie’s recommendation to me <— Just a snippet ’cause she went crazy for it (it’s a HUGE recommendation), and now she has me so excited!:
Angie: Omg!!!!!!!!! You are going to DIE! I haven’t felt this consumed since 50! I’m literally like a little school girl…lol.
YES!!! That’s EXACTLY what I’m looking for, Angie! YAY US!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh!!! And a few BIG standouts for me on this list, that of course tempt me to “squirrel” (but not enough to tempt me away from Songs of Submission (so no worries). 😉 Number Thirteen (CRAZY premise, Stockholm syndrome? But is he good or bad?), The Beast (angry scarred hermit, dark read), Compliments (there’s just something about this blurb that gives me the “Bonnie Dee” feels, and I LOVE that kind of unconventional, unique love story), and The Memory Child (<— I don’t think that one’s a romance, but it sounds sad/eerie, or I dunno. I gotta give it a try!)
Plus, lots and lots of bikers, some fighters, rock stars, and an awesome looking M/M read (and a few of the latest upcoming highly anticipated pre-orders).
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Number Thirteen by Bella Jewel <— NEW RELEASE/DARK READ ALERT!! OMG that BLURB. I don’t even know what part to choose out of it to highlight here (’cause the whole thing’s got me!!). It sounds intense and crazy, and dark! Scoti just finished and said: “I just finished it! Melted my heart!” —> “We’re thirteen girls, captive to a man we rarely see. Obedience will become all we know. It is the only emotion we’re permitted to feel. When we’re bad, we’re punished. When we’re good, we’re rewarded. Our scars run deep. Yet we survive, because we have to, because HE teaches us too.“
“He showed me who he truly is.
Now I want him.
I’ll go against Everything I know to be with him.
- Compromising (Fraternizing #2) by C.C. Brown <— JUST RELEASED (and it’s forbidden love in the military!!) —> Must read book #1, first!
- Fraternizing (Fraternizing #1) by C.C. Brown <— here’s book #1
- Shade’s Fall (The Last Riders) by Jamie Begley <— BIKER ALERT (and just released!) <— Teeser says: “Maryse just finished an awesome book by Jamie Begley. Shade’s Fall great MC book.” and Beverly says: “Love her biker books! Finally Shade’s story.”
- The Beast byJaden Wilkes <— NEW RELEASE ALERT!!! + HERMIT ALERT (at least, I think…) Disfigured, scarred hero (inside & out), living in seclusion), until that one woman insists on disrupting his life… (sounds like this one’s a sort of “dark read” though!!) And it sure sounds up our alley.
- Room For More (Cranberry Inn) by Beth Ehemann <— JUST RELEASED! “…hope came in the form of a sexy, carefree hockey player named Brody Murphy. He swooped in and won me over with his big heart and the way he cared for me…and my girls. When they look at him, they see the father they’ve never had.“
- Legal Affairs – Affirmation: Legal Affairs Serial Romance by Sawyer Bennett <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Compliments by Mari K. Cicero <— JUST RELEASED and I’m having a curious *blurb jolt*!!! No reviews on this one at all (so far), so I’m not sure how I came across it, but there’s something pulling me to it… Okay so, (from the blurb) she had a forbidden romance in college (I’m assuming teacher?), changes schools “… and decides that the only way to avoid making the same mistake twice is to have no social life at all. All good and fine, until she literally falls into Hawk Stephens’ life one late night at the office. Hawk is more than just a pretty face and a brilliant mind. He’s also the night janitor. Robin wants to resist the attraction, but it’s hard to ignore the way he seems so perfect for her.But when she finds out Hawk is so much more than he seems, embroiled by the fallout of his own regretful decisions, she questions if two such broken people can ever add up to a whole.“
- Wait For Me (Against All Odds Series #1) by Elisabeth Naughton <— (thanks Alexis!!) and I hear this one is GREAT!! Katie says: “Ok, I never comment but I have to recommend a book – Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton. I don’t even really have words… I randomly stumbled upon it while searching the Kindle store. I am only about 50% through and dieing, just dieing. I always love the books you recommend, so I think this one will have you reeling.”
- Two Worlds Colliding – Jani Kay (Scorpio Stinger MC) by Jani Kay <— JUST RELEASED BIKER BOOK ALERT! It appears this one had editing issues (or uploading issues) not sure, but it has since been corrected if anyone was waiting for it…
- Blue Lines: The Assassins Series by Toni Aleo <— book #1 in this popular hockey star series! Thanks Alexis! (The Assassins Reading Order)
- Six Brothers (Gypsy Brothers, #2) <– -BIKER BOOK ALERT!
- Fighting for Flight (The Fighting Series) by JB Salsbury <— FIGHTER ALERT!! Hammy loved it! “Ohhh Fighting For Flight stole my panties. NO fight necessary! Jonah… oh yeah! I got my shark teeth out and devoured this one. Can’t wait to see what you think :b” <— Tee hee!!!! 😉
- Shades Freed (Vintage) by E.L. James <— the entire series has been bundled for a bargain-ish price!! I LOVED these!!(see my review of book #1)
- Present Perfect by Alison Bailey <— TEARJERKER ALERT! Kat found out this popular tearjerker! (check out my review)
- Past Imperfect by Alison Biley <— and this recent release (book #2!!!)
- Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1) by Courtney Cole <— Lori found us this one!! And Sarah recommends it! “I really liked this one! Funny and sexy!”
- Just Breathe (The Breathe Series) by Rachel Brookes <— Alexis found us this! “In the eyes of outsiders, Tate Connors has it all; the ultimate LA bachelor who is content with his lifestyle of wild nights, women and one night stands. He’s Mr. Unpredictable with looks that could destroy any woman with one glance. The craziness of Los Angeles throws them into the chaotic path of each other. Savannah becomes the perfect game, and Tate becomes the ultimate prey. Lines are crossed, emotions are smashed, and the idea of who they truly are begins to be tangled.“
- Troubled Son: Savage Sons MC Romance by Jayna King <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! (found by Alexis). The reviews are a bit all over the place but not for why you’d think. I’m wondering if this has got a major cliffhanger or something but I’m afraid to look too deeply into the reviews in case of spoilers…
- Unfiltered & Unlawful (The Unfiltered Series) by Payge Galvin & Ronnie Douglas <— SOUNDS RAW & GRITTY ALERT!!! (I just one-clicked) and one of my fav authors (Jeaniene Frost) recommends it!
- The Divergent Series Complete Collection by Veronica Roth <— the series has been bundled together at a bargain-ish price!!!
- Know Me (DEFIANT Motorcycle Club) by Cora Brent <— RECENT RELEASE BIKER BOOK ALERT! Short though. “As leader of the Defiant MC, he is tough, explosive, unbearably sexy. And once, he was her father’s best friend. Confronted by the innocent young woman he’d known since the day she was born, Orion agrees to take her in. That is, if Kira is willing to meet his terms.“
- The Memory Child by Steena Holmes <–JUST RELEASED and okay this one intrigues me big time! Doesn’t seem like a “romance” but definitely has that dark sounding edge to it. She’s married and finally gets pregnant. He’s happy, she’s worried (“Diane has always been nervous about having children because of her family’s dark past. ……. things are far from perfect: Brian has still not returned from London, and Diane fears leaving the baby for even a moment. As unsettling changes in those around Diane began to emerge, it becomes clear that all is not as it seems.”)
- A SEAL’s Salvation (Uniformly Hot!) by Tawny Weber
- Always by Kindle Alexander <— M/M ALERT!! It’s a NEW RELEASE and already has a TON of great reviews!!! “Between owning a thriving upscale Italian restaurant in the heart of downtown Minneapolis and managing his long-term boyfriend, his plate is full. He struggles to get past the teachings of his childhood to fully accept his sexuality and rid himself of the doubts brought on by his religious upbringing. The last thing he needs is the yummy, sophisticated, blond-haired distraction sitting at table thirty-four.” <— Ruh ROh!!!! 😉
- Let Love In (The Love Series) by Melissa Collins <— Kat found us a deal! Most books in this series is now on sale, and lots of great reviews! “The Love Series books 1,2,3 & 3.5 on sale“
- Let Love Stay (The Love Series) by Melissa Collins
- Let Love Heal (The Love Series) by Melissa Collins
- Let Love Shine (The Love Series) by Melissa Collins
- Let Love Be (The Love Series) by Melissa Collins <— and here’s the latest NEW RELEASE
- Black Box by Cassia Leo <— back on the list and Christie is loving it! “I am 36% in and I cannot put it down! Definitely up your reading alley!!” <— Ohhhhhhh right!!!! The musician on his way to stardom. The one where they cross paths 3 times in their lives, and that last part in the blurb GOT me. Yep. I meant to one-click this the last time, and I just did it now. 😀
- Three Rivers (A Gateway to Love Novel) by Chloe T. Barlow <— new release and on sale right now. Sounds like a tearjerker. From the blurb, she’s a young grieving widow that refuses to love again… but suddenly meets another man “Despite her best efforts, Althea can’t resist Griffen’s charm or his intriguing proposition – if she agrees to a no-strings affair with him for the two weeks he’s in town, he swears he’ll walk away when their time is up.“
- Better by Carey Heywood <— on sale today! “…Unable to hide from each other Adam’s overprotective nature thwarts Aubrey’s desire to find her own way.“
PREORDERS (most of these are for this upcoming Tuesday!)
- Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark) by Pepper Winters – expected release June 3rd 2014 <— Caroline found us this one! “It’s the third book in her Monsters in the Dark series. Loved the first two; really looking forward to book three!” (here’s the series reading order)
- Last Breath: A Novel (Hitman) by Jen Frederick & Jessica Clare <— RELEASING March 24th 2014!
- Unwound: The Mastered Series by Lorelei James <— I heard that this series is so good! <— RELEASING March 24th 2014!
- Craving Him: A Love by Design Novel by Kendall Ryan <— RELEASING March 24th 2014!
- In The Fading Light by Tara Brown <— RELEASING March 25th 2014!
- Recklessly Royal by Nichole Chase <— RELEASING March 25th 2014!
- Fatal Jeopardy: Book Seven of The Fatal Series by Marie Force <— RELEASING March 25th 2014!
- Shadow Spell: Book Two of The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy by Nora Roberts <— RELEASING March 25th 2014!
- Tame Me: A Stark International Novella by J. Kenner <— RELEASING March 25th 2014!
- Hope Ignites (A Hope Novel) by Jaci Burton <— RELEASING March 25th 2014!
- Bend by tons of our FAVORITE authors!!!! – expected release May 5th 2014. P.S. Just a little fun trivia: That is Shay Savage’s “The Savage Trainer” on the cover (her cover model for her Evan Arden series). 😉
- Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train) by Katie Ashley <— release date May 12th 2014
Maryse, I will be joining you with Songs of Submission tonight! So excited! And, I totally 1-clicked Black Box and Number Thirteen. But did want to mention just finishing up Coming Home…..ahhh……what a great book! It’s got that nice slow build-up we love, and the characters in this book are just so real and loveable….highly recommend it when you find the time to squeeze it in!! Haha!
YAY!!! Reading partners again!!
Yes, I will definitely be reading Coming Home, and even more so now that I know you loved it. 😀
After James, Tristan and Ridge (O.M.G! how can you *not* love that guy?!?), I need something different now. Reading about those three back to back has had me in a love haze – stealing your word again, Maryse – but I don’t want to become…desensitized, I guess? I’m thinking the Experiment in Terror series. Think those will snap me out of this googly state I’m in?
Oh, try this! Short, candy apple red nails – I feel so 1940’s retro-ish right now. 😉
Haha Amy…..now you are making me want to read Maybe Someday soon! You should read Songs of Submission series with us if you haven’t already. Oh, and I have had the Experiment in Terror series downloaded for months based on recommendations from Maryse! Haven’t started them yet and was waiting til I was “in the mood”….lol!
Just finished The Beast this morning. Eeeep!!! Anyone else read this? It’s certainly… dark…ish.
As for Troubled Son – the ending was a shock but for me, the book read like a prequel so I’m looking forward to the next installment. 🙂
I had to share the news … Kristen Ashley has a ‘NEW SERIES” . Ooh my God. I can’t wait. The Magdalene Series. The first book is The Will and its coming out on April 8th. I’m soo excited I had to share the news!
Oh my gosh…you are going to LOVE the songs of submission series! If I didn’t have something like 150 + on my TBR list I would reread!
Oh hell I might just have to anyway!!!
Jean, I loved Maybe Someday! Ridge is just…well, I said it on Maryse’s review and I’ll say it again – he can strum my…er, I mean *his* guitar anytime for me. 😛 Seriously though, read her review of it. Maryse, you sounded all wound up in your review and it was *hilarious*!!
As for the Songs series, I’m considering it. I’m so indecisive right now I am probably going to decide by flipping a coin…literally. That or I’m going to close my eyes, scroll through my Kindle app, point and see which book opens up, lol!
Your lists feed my 1-click addiction….every.time! Can’t wait to check out The Memory Child.
Count me in! Just one clicked BEG TEASE SUBMIT. Starting it now!!
You are the bestest Maryse!! *curtseys*
AAAACK!!! __THUD_ I literally just stumbled on this!!! Landon’s POV for EASY!! I’m having a full on book hissy!! Due out in May!! I had no idea!!
Amy you know me and the EIT series. I LOVE it like crazy, and it’s definitely different. But you’ll still get that romance side angle where you’ll PINE like crazy and hope and dream, and sweat and then… *spoiler!!!!* and then *spoiler* and then… *spoiler spoiler!!!!!*
😛 Hee hee
P.S. I LOVE candy apple red. I haven’t regrown my nails at all yet, just regular length, but i think that would be SO preeeettty!!
Jeanie – I’m so tempted to read The Beast (this is one making me squirrel).
And yah, the reviews for the ending of Troubled Son were furious. LOL!!! I skimmed very lightly just to make sure there wasn’t some crazy error in it or something, but yep… looks like that ending is a scandal of sorts. 😉
Georgia, I will read anything from Kirsten Ashley. I just LOVE her like crazy!
Annie!! Read-along!! 😀
Hahaahaha!!! Oh yep… Amy, it was SO hard to figure out how to describe how awesome that book was, how much I loved it without giving away any details. I mean, for real… one of the big *surprises* is right towards the beginning and then becomes a major part of the story, and even just saying THAT would ruin the surprise, ya know?
That book was too unique for me to take away that ‘first experience” for the reader…
So yessss I sounded quite goofy in it. *sigh* But that’s me. I’m a total goof, and my reviews can at times, be a bit… dizzying. LOL!!!!!
I think y’all are used to goofy-me by now. 😉
Oooooh Jennifer let me know what you think if you deice on that one next. It sounds SO good and so different from our usual, but could still have that romance/family aspect that I love.
AWESOME find Marie Anthony!!!!
YAY HEIDI!!!!!!! 😛
Look Amy… even Heidi is joining us for our Songs of Submission read-athon….
Join ussssssss. Jooooiiiiiinnnnnn ussssssssss. 😉
I highly recommend the Cranberry Inn series. I devoured book 2 room for more in three hours. Brody is my new book boyfriend!
Oh man I am sooo torn. I’m ready to start Songs series but also antsy about Maybe Someday. Finished Frenched last night. Greeeaaat read. Lucas is so edible. Maryse you do not want to overlook Coming Home. Fantastic:-)
LOL! Alright, I’m in!! EIT will have to wait until after the SOS-a-thon. 😉
And you did a *very* good job of not giving anything away in the review of MS while still conveying how incredible the story is. Location 3683, those five words – OMG!! *tears* and then several paragraphs later *sob* and then immediately after that *oh s#&t!* Oooooh, I loved that book!
You, goofy? That’s what makes it so fun around here! 😉
I am about to start book 6 in the songs of submission series and I was hooked from book 1, awesome series…it’ll suck you in!!!!! 🙂
1.) I wanna so LIKE your comment (darn why don’t we get a like button, here?) 😉
2.) I love us goofs!!!
YAY Sharon!!! I’m about to have an AWESOME weekend (and all of the SOS crew here)…
I was taken totally by surprise with how great the Songs of Submission books were. I think her writing is incredible and you will love them. The series was, for me, totally up there with the best and I’m kind of hard to please!
*goofy giggle* 😀
On chapter 8 of TEASE. Woke up at 5 am to get extra hours of reading time before family woke up. Can everyone in my family please have something to do today so I can just read…. Lol…. Can’t put it down now!!
HAPPY READING to my BEG TEASE SUBMIT marathon reader friends :))
I one-clicked! Here’s another for the Songs of Submission read-athon. Also, finished Coming Home the other night and I cried like a baby… Although it seems I do that a lot lately with books.
Okay ladies, you pushed me over the edge… I’ve had Songs of Submission on my radar for sometime now and seeing you guys gush over it, I’m now on it… I’ve opened Beg on my Kindle, now… Ready, Get set, Go… I’m so excited…. eeehhhh!!! Thanks everyone… 🙂
Update so far: I’m LOVING it!!!!!!
Wow…few days of vacation where I enjoyed all things Tristan & Danika…loved them…I see I have a new read I need to get to next…Songs of Submission looks like it. Can’t wait!!
Lacrosse check; family hike check; household chores check; soccer game check; birthday party check…. Can FINALLY resume my reading marathon……on chapter three of Submit!!!! LOVING IT TOO, Maryse!!!
I absolutely loved Three Rivers. It was the perfect mix of laughter, hot, sexiness, angsty drama, and one delicious badboy. I have a new favorite author! Go Chloe! <3 I can't wait to see your review on it Maryse. 😉
Loved Loved LOVED Three Rivers by Chloe T. Barlow! Such an amazing story and one that should not be missed!!!!
Just now reading Three Rivers about half way through. Wonderful book! Griffen Tate is the hottest new BBF and Althea is a strong yet vulnerable heroine. Great start new a new series.
Three Rivers is an amazing book! I received an ARC of it a few weeks ago and I absolutely fell in love with the characters! I would highly recommend reading it!
I can’t wait to hear what all you girls think of SOS-it was one of my favorites! I finished The Beast today and have mixed reviews because of the timeline, but it was still good. What I absolutely cannot wait for is Guns, by JA Huss, which is out on the 25th! I have purposefully held off on Bomb just waiting for it! Now I just need some more suggestions!!!
BTW-has anyone read the Consequences Series by Roming? Thoughts?
Ashley B I read the Consequences series. Awesome. Totally recommend it. I have not read the ones through Anthony’s eyes.
Ashely, Consequences series is one of my all time top favorites, but I love reading about gorgeous rich men who seem to have everything including a very dark soul and the women who rescue them… 🙂
Thanks you so much, ladies! Awesome information!!! I am one clicking Consequences before my flight and then I probably won’t stop until I am done with all of the books! Margaret-you are my book twin!
Who was the one holding out on the SOS read-a-thon? Psh, what was *she* thinking? 😉 Obviously I’m loving it right now, too!
So after one clicking the consequences series…it looked SO GOOD I couldn’t help myself…I read Sarah’s recommendation about the cranberry series and that looked fantastic too! So…I one clicked TWICE for those books. There went my New Years resolution it try to tame the one clicking!
Almost done with SUbmit…..GREAT READ!
Maryse,I don’t know if these were ever mentioned because I know you have moved away somewhat from the paranormal reads,but for those of you who like shifter books Fated Mates which has 10 stories by 10 authors is really good and Love Charms also 10 books by different authors covers all kinds of paranormal stories and also is very good,they have been 99 cents but I didn’t check today,I heard they might go up to 2.99 but if they did they are still a good read.Also I am very confused by this New Adult category,a lot of the stories almost are like a little sophisticated YA as the women are all young and either in college or just got out,there are some authors that still write what I guess I will call Adult Romance (not porn but hot) I wish there was some way that when people review these NA books they could indicate if they are about 10 and 20 year olds because at that age you don’t know what your future will hold so I always feel like I never really get an ending and would prefer to read books where the women are old enough to make life decisions like marriage ect., this of course is your blog and your decisions to make,but I have followed you since almost the beginning and noticed a definete change in the books reviewed and talked about,Im not sure if your audience has gotten younger or if the selection of books being determined by publishers has gotten more narrow or what,but they need an AD category in addition to a NA category because at my age reading about 19 and young 20’s age group is getting to seem like YA–this is just MY opinion
Just finished reading The Beast by Jade Wilkes. Holy moly this the year of the dark read isn’t it? This is not your average romance. It starts dark and stays there. What a pair Columbia and Dimitri make. Take the warning seriously as it has some really dark scenes. If you don’t mind that, you’ll love this couple. Its a good quick read, no cliffhanger but the author leaves it open for more of the story later on, maybe 🙂
This past weekend I finished up the Species books by Laurann Dohner. Its rare for a series of 10 books or more to keep getting better, but this did, wow! I also read the Blackthorn books by Lindsay Pryor and of couses the BDB series. I am interested in keeping with well written paranormal series such as these. Any recommendations?