<— Since I’ve already read this book and loved it, I’d say this is my highlight of this bargain list. A great, refreshing read. Book #2 will be out soon! Ends on a “more about about this couple” feel, but not necessarily a cliffhanger. Totally worth it!
Okay so I really didn’t stick to last week’s TBR list at all. I was bad. I flitted all over the place. Sampled stuff, and read other stuff. 😉 Let’s see if I can stick to it, this week.
Here’s my NEW TBR LIST (shifted with a few new additions) —-> Listed: Volumes I-VI, Rules of Entanglement, The End of Me (The Single Lady Spy Series), Taken by Storm (Give & Take), Sweet Thing, Promise Me Darkness, Obsession: Darkness Falls, Diamond Girl, Elite, Everything Changes, By a Thread,
- Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers) by Elizabeth Reyes —> Kathy found us this deal, saying: “I have read a couple of books in the Moreno Brothers Series and love them.”
- Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder —> Aimee found us this bargain and Lori says: “One of my favorites!”
- Waiting on Forever (The Forever Series) by Ashlee Wilcox –> thanks Kathy!
- The End of Me (The Single Lady Spy Series) by Tara Brown –> recommended by Meghan “I just finished “The End of Me” by Tara Brown. It was so different and amazing – I loved it. 4 stars!!!” – Emma says: “I am at 24% and loving it. Very refreshing and different from the same ol’ same ol’!” and Jenn agrees! “Only 15% in and LOVING it so far! Not the mushy romance I have been reading so much of lately. Different and not about college kids.”
- Strange Fits of Passion by Anita Shreve –> Sharon found us this deal saying: “A friend of mine recommended this book to me a while ago so I have been watching it to see if it goes on sale and it’s finally on sale!!!! She said it was a story that was unforgettable and was unable to put the book down….hope she’s right! :)”
- Thursday Nights (The Charistown Series) by Lisa N. Paul —> recommended by Kristin: “Thursday Nights by Lisa N. Paul was awesome!!! Grab it if you haven’t already! no cliff hanger…it was really good!”
- The Upside of Letting Go by Nacole Stayton —> Sharon says: “This one has been on my wish list, on sale with good reviews!”
- Restore Me (Wrecked) by J.L. Mac is on sale and Kelsey liked it! “I read this last week. It’s a good easy read, not too long but it’s book two. Slight cliffhanger as there’s another book on its way. I liked it”
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes. Okay, to be fair this isn’t our usual “bargain price”. This is one I reviewed and loved and it is deep, and heart wrenching. (my review). And here’s what other fellow readers are saying: Alicia – “such an amazing book! I know its expensive but it is one of those books that stays with you.” Sharon – “I agree! I read this book 5 or 6 months ago and still remember little details about this book.” and Claudia: “One of my favorite books!!!”
- Love Unmatched (Unexpected) by Anne Leigh <— Aimee found us this deal!
- Her Something Impetuous by Kim Hunt Harris —> recommended by Debbie: “This is one of the funniest books that I have read in awhile. The bonus is that is doesn’t have teenage protagonists, and it does not end in a cliffhanger.”
- Lost in You by Heidi Mclaughlan <— Jodie likes this one! “I read Lost in you by Heidi McLaughlin the other day and I have to say it is that warm fuzzy first love, first kiss passion that sometimes you just need in a book 🙂 and of course it has a little Drama but isn’t that a requirement”
- Listed: Volumes I-VI (or you can by them individually) by Noelle Adams <— Donya recommends this one: “Okay, I just finished reading “Listed” by Noelle Adams. Let me say – I Loved It! I would get so upset & frustrated that I would have to stop reading for a while. My husband looked over at me a t one point and asked “Are you crying? Over a book?”” Ashley loved ’em, too: “It’s a series so they have to be read in order but they’re very good. Noelle Adams is the pen name of Claire Kent (Escorted and Nameless)”
- Unbroken (Cedar Cove) by Melody Grace: Marie found it right now and Meghan says: ” I read this – I really enjoyed it – it was sweet and entertaining. I give it 4 stars”
- Skin Deep by J.M. Stone <— this one’s been brought up a few times this week! Melissa says: “Im reading Skin Deep by J.M. Stone. Really enjoying it..Hot tattooed boys and plenty of steam!!” and Josephine says: “I’m almost done!!!!!!! I can’t put it down!!!” And then… someone mentioned a hot tub. 😉
- Saving Dallas by Kim Jones <— and here’s another very new release that has been brought up a few times… “Here is a MC book I came across that has good reviews. Has anyone read this one yet?” The cover sure has my attention.
- Ask For It (Georgian) by Sylvia Day —> Historical romance (thanks Jennifer!!)
- Breach (Breach #1) by K.I. Lynn <— Jules loved this one: “Just finished Breach. I really liked this book. Wow, it was intense, raw, dirty and heartbreaking. Their relationship was dysfunctional but I was sucked in from the beginning. Couldn’t stop reading to figure out what his secret was. At the end, we still don’t know the whole story. Big cliffhanger! Thank goodness the author showed us a preview of the sequel, Infraction. Can’t wait for the next book! 4 stars for me.”
- Blessed Tragedy by HB Heinzer <— rock star book (thanks Kat!!)
- Layover Rules by Kate Dawes <— Aimee found us this deal. Does actually sound interesting…
- Undeclared (The Woodlands) by Jen Frederick <— Jen likes this one: “Very good. This was recommended by Katy Evans, author of everyone’s favorite book Real. My only problem was that I wanted more of them. It ended too soon but this is the first book in a series. No cliffhanger the rest of the books focus on other members.” (He’s a marine!)
- Feral Instincts (Feral Desires Series) by Erin Ashley <— (thanks Aimee!)
- Arouse: A Spiral of Bliss Novel (Book One) by Nina Lane <— for me, this is the hit of today’s bargain list. I LOVED it, and it was about a married couple! (my review) – Book #2 is coming out soon!
- Zoey Rogue (Incubatti Series) by Lizzy Ford <— paranormal bargain
- Dreamer (The Kali Lockton Trilogy) by J.L. Durfey <— Almost 400 pages and it looks good!
- In Spades (Mirrored) by K. Pinson <— another bargain find. Not paranormal but a childhood abuse survivor, and her young future… also looks good.
- Destiny Ever-changing by Tasha Ivey – 222 pages. I love that number. I dunno why, but it’s my favorite. Just thought I’d tell y’all. Nope I haven’t read it yet, but maybe that’s a sign that I should? 😉
- Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines <— just found out from Anissa that this one is on sale! It was one of my bad-boy favorites!!
You have to read Promise Me Darkness like NOW!!!!! I was not prepared, and 30% I was floored! Get goin’ girl!
Just my opinion since I get my books all from here:)! I read a couple of your books on the TBR list. I LOVED Elite- kind of reminded me of a Sempre feel, Diamond Girl was so so for me. But I love all your lists!!!!! Thanks
Read Saving Dallas and it was not good at all. I have no idea why the reviews are good. Please save your money and time and pass it up!
I agree with Cody!!! Promise Me Darkness was one of my absolute favorites so far this year. Can’t wait to read your review of this book! I have been recommending it to EVERYONE!!!! 🙂
I loved Elite! I can’t wait for the next one to come out!
Cody… are you sure? Really sure? 😉 I was reading it, but I was all… not sure, ya know? LOL!!!
Heather – yes I sampled Diamond Girl. It started off really good, but it switched a bit for me by the end of the sample. The “feel” changed and I wasn’t sure of that one either…
Okay so Promise Me Darkness is back up to the closer top of the TBR list. I’ll keep going. That one I did buy full-out (not sampled) so I’m on it.
Okay and Elite.
Elite was really good I was mad I had it so long without reading it.
Maryse, how far did you get on promise me darkness? At first I was like, eh, another college romance but then at like 30-40% things totally switched!
Okay… So I read Obsession:Darkness Falls at the beginning of this week, and I still have “heartbreak hangover”!!! So I message Ivory, she told me “hugs and chocolate” should help, not so much yet…. So “be prepared”!!! Sigh…
@Joy: Ohhh yea? Okay cool! ‘Cause I put it down with his relationship proposal. I liked the twist when she found out exactly “who” he was, but what he proposed to her made me slow down a bit, just ’cause it had a similar feel to a few others. But I’m a sucker for heartbreak, so…. 😉
Yes! Exactly. I *knew* by other reader reactions (maybe even yours) that it was going to have that feel at first, but to stick with it ’cause it was gonna get crazy (and with all the *spoiler* talk, I have a feeling… u know?) but I was still (even knowing better) moping about the “same ‘ol” feel. But u guys have convinced me.
I’m back to it.
Promise me Darkness is such a great book. It took a wild turn that was so unexpected. Loved it!! I am sooooo ready for the second book now. Can’t wait to see what happens next!! Hope you enjoy it. 🙂
I think you’ll love Sweet Thing; Mia did drive me crazy at times and I just wanted to shake her silly, but Will totally made up for it, and is now one of my fav book boyfriends – be warned though, it had me reaching for the tissues at times. Rules of Entanglement was enjoyable, although not quite as much as the first one in the series.. Also loved Elite.
I was a little disappointed by Taken by Storm – while it was a decent enough romance, it just didn’t seem to fit in that series and didn’t have the same vibe as the first two. Everything Changes I dnf; I was expecting so much more from Stahl since I loved the Racing on the Edge series, and this one just didn’t do it for me. I can see she was trying for a new adult vibe, but I don’t think that style came naturally to her, and I felt like I was reading a completely different author.
If you haven’t yet, you should definitely add The Education of Sebastian and it’s sequel to your tbr list.
Ah! I just bought falling into you (of course before it went in sale, ugh!) and finished it this morning. It was sooo good but definitely one that will have you sobbing. It was really powerful!
I need help finding the name of a book. I think it’s a girl in a psych ward and one of the employees (a hot guy I’m sure) falls for her. Any ideas the name of the book? Thanks everyone
Yep. After Hours by Cara McKenna. Fantastic book!
Oh wait. She works In the Psych Ward. So does he. Maybe you’re referring to another book?
You’re the best Maryse!! It is After Hours, I can’t wait to read it!!
I agree Siana….loved Sweet Thing!!!
I am probably the only person in the world that didn’t like Promise me Darkness. 3-3.5
Elite was good. 4.5
I’m 50% into Elite. It’s really different. So far 3.5 for me but I’m hoping for more as it progresses. Promise me Darkness was 5 for me .
no linh you weren’t the only one that didn’t like promise me darkness i gave it 3 stars as well
arouse is fantastic (cant wait until allure) & me before you is one of my favourite books ever up there with easy, sea of tranquility etc. i got me before you for cheap as well (5 bucks) via smashwords.
thursday nights is not very good don’t waste your time i am on the 40% mark. It has been a struggle.
I’m at a 3 star as well for Promise Me Darkness. I loved Skin Deep, it’s stupid funny and seriously hot!
I loved “Promise Me Darkness”. Like I’ve said before Ryder is the
apocalypse Travis. Can’t wait for the sequel.
I’ve read some of these already and am adding others. =) I agree with a lot of you, “Promise Me Darkness” was just okay for me – 3 1/2 stars tops. Loved “Falling Too Far!! – easy 5 stars!! I really liked “Dreamer,” just finished it actually. It started off a little iffy but it got way better – solid 4.5 for me. I was going to try “Saving Dallas” but I’m reluctant now after reading through some of these comments. Maybe I’ll move on to “Arouse” next. =D Thanks for the great list!! I’ll definitely be frequenting your blog more. =D
Just finished “Aroused”. Easily 5 stars!!!!! Loved it!
I just read Diamond Girl and loved it. Slate is so sexy! I think you will enjoy it. Thanks for all your lists and reviews! I check them daily!!
Loved Skin Deep! J.M. Stone’s writing style reminded me of Kristen Ashley–which is never a bad thing!! 🙂 I can’t wait for book 2 and praying it’s Allie/Brandon/Jackson’s story!