<— This is what I just finished and will be reviewing next. 😉 I really enjoying it, so this is my personal recommendation for today’s bargain and reader recommendation list! PLUS, it would appear I’m a HUGE fan of this author, as I’ve just noticed that I’ve read a few of her other books and loved ’em, too! Her books always feature adults, have a very private, very intimate feel (sometimes eye-popping and sometimes gentle) but they always pack a punch! Whether it be because of a crazy twist, or the direction the story takes, or a character *issue*, I can’t help but become addicted each time! Original, interesting (exciting!) and unique story lines, with characters that feel SO real, and twists that make it, so you never forget ANY of her books!
I’ve listed everything I’ve reviewed from her, below, plus here are all of today’s goodies (featuring the latest reader recommendations):
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Unbound: (InterMix) by Cara McKenna <— bargain priced and what I’m reading now (and very much enjoying!!). These are modern adult characters, with adult issues. Well, her not so much (she’s fairly well-adjusted), but him… definitely has issues. She’s hiking through Scotland, gets sick, and seeks refuge at a tiny cabin in the highlands. The good looking (but hermit-y) owner reluctantly lets her in and they get to know each other. His “twist” took me by surprise and I’m really connecting to these two! P.S. The steamy stuff is a bit eye-popping (yet very personal… very intimate) and SCORCHING HOT!!!!!! Loving! and Kandace agrees: “I’m not very far into it but I’m really enjoying it. It is a lot different from the usual. I’m very interested to see where the author takes us.“
- Curio by Cara McKenna <— male escort!! (see my review and the Curio Series Reading Order) – not very bargain priced but I loved it anyway.
- Willing Victim by Cara McKenna <— darker more daring read that explores a… fetish. Not for the faint of heart but SOOOO good! (my review) – not very bargain priced but I loved it anyway.
- After Hours: (InterMix) by Cara McKenna <— YES bargain priced and my favorite one in the bunch!! (here’s my review)
- Hers by Dawn Robertson <— Stephanie found us this one saying: “Hers by Dawn Robertson is on sale.*Warning: Erotic activities include FF, FMF, and MFM interactions. I know some of my Book Buddies will want this book! You know who you are!” LOL!!
- Discovery (Electi) by Brina Courtney <— Rachel found us this one! “Looking for a great NA paranormal romance? Check out Discovery by Brina Courtney! It just released today… It’s a NA paranormal romance about witches in Salem.”- “…Now a guy, looking remarkably like her missing boyfriend, has arrived in Salem along with a mysterious stranger, who may have some answers that Teagan has desperately been searching for. Teagan must now decide who to trust. It’s a matter of life… and her death.“
- Unintentional Virgin by A.J. Bennett <— Stephanie found us this one, too! “Unintentional Virgin by A. J. Bennett on sale! *Standalone where the girl wants to lose her Vcard (but with a twist).”
- Damaged and the Beast by Bijou Hunter <— YAY!!! Big deal on this one, and book #2! Nancy says: “YES! Damaged and the Beast plus Damaged in the Knight are both reduced” <— (new adult) and this one has an obnoxious alpha! (see my review)
- Damaged and the Knight by Bijou Hunter <— book #2
- Damaged and the Cobra by Bijou Hunter <— #3 just came out
- Insanity (The Asylum Trilogy) by Lauren Hammond <— (#1 & #2) come HIGHLY recommended by many of our fellow readers (and they are anxiously awaiting #3). Jillian recommends!! “…for those of you looking for a different type read – these are it! Especially good for a Halloween read. Insane asylum = wonderfully creepy and yet there is the love interest as well!!”
- White Walls (The Asylum Trilogy) by Lauren Hammond <— and #2
- Untangle Me by Chelle Bliss
- Hear No (Hidden Evil, #1) by Lizzy Ford <— found for us be Leanne, just released! “Nathan must eliminate the human host guiding Shadowman to the keys. Except Nathan isn’t expecting the woman anchoring Shadowman to the human world to be beautiful, witty, innocent and completely unaware of the creature manipulating her. Worse, she makes him feel alive for the first time in his long existence, and he haphazardly discovers she’s meant to become the love of his life.“
- Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin <— brought back to my attention and some really great feedback from our fellow readers so I’m putting ’em back on this list! See the conversation below. I feel like I need to read these ASAP!
- My Unexpected Forever (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin (book #2)
Georgette: You should really read them, they are great! I loved them!
Maryse’s Book Blog: … I do intend on reading it. I hear #2 was especially exciting (drummer, right)?
Amy: Very Hottttt !!
Georgette: Oh yeah!!! Really HOT HOT HOT drummer!!!
Tracie: Just my measly .02, but this series is really great.
Kandace: Tracie, is it “sweet”?
Tracie: It’s a second chance love story. There’s a bit of angst, but it wouldn’t fit my definition of “sweet”. You know what I think sweet is and this isn’t it. I really liked the second book too.
- PANIC: Rook and Ronin, #3 by J.A. Huss <— just released (models that fall in love on a shoot)!!! (here is the series order)
- The Singing River by R.K. Ryals <– Aimee found us this deal and Kat says: “I absolutely loved this story. The writing was beautiful and the story was powerful.” – “At eighteen, Haven Ambrose isn’t just a high school graduate. In her head, she’s an aspiring writer, a traveler, a chef, a slayer of injustice, an astronomer, an archaeologist, and the love child of a famous, rich musician. But reality is harsher. Reality is overdue bills, a crumbling trailer, an absent father, an old addiction, and a hot, crushing summer that may end in disappointment. For twenty year-old River Brayden, life seems good, but appearances can be deceiving. The oldest son of a wealthy family, he has finished his first year at Harvard to return home for the summer only to discover his younger brother headed down an unforgiving road.“
- Rock the Heart by Michelle A. Valentine
- Rock the Band by Michelle A. Valentine
- Rock My Bed by Michelle A. Valentine
- Rock My World (book# 2.5) by Michelle A. Valentine
- Mid Life Love: At Last by Whitney Gracia Williams <— book #2 was just released. Neika went crazy happy!! “OMGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! … Its out its out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jonathan and Claire second boook!!!!!”
- Mid Life Love by Whitney Gracia Williams <– and here’s book #1.
- Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage <— recommended by Ivannie: “Just finished Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage !!It was really good ! Fell in love with Mason !!”
- Hell’s Knights (The MC Sinners Series) by Bella Jewel <— Ivannie also recommends these (#1 & #2) “Also Hell’s Knights and Heaven’s Sinners !! OMG were really good!!” OH YES!! Biker books!! “She should be running, she should be escaping the demons of her past, but instead she finds herself falling for the gorgeous biker.“
- Heaven’s Sinners (MC Sinners #2) by Bella Jewel
- Let it be Me by Toni Aleo <— recommended by Linda: “Just finished reading Let it Be Me by Toni Aleo. Wasn’t sure if I liked it in the beginning it was a little to wordy with her constantly talking through her thoughts, if you can understand what I mean. It does have a tough theme on a married woman and abuse. But once you get reading you can’t put it down. I recommend it if you haven’t read it yet”
- Chasing Serenity (Seeking Serenity) by Eden Butler <— New release from earlier this week and it seems many of you are loving it! Kristi says: “55 % into Chasing Serenity right now and LOVING it!! Maryse, I think you will really love this one! Love the writing and I can’t stay away from this story!” and Ashley agrees: “I totally agree with Kristi I’m about 10% and loving the writing!” and Katie says: “…there is a twist in this book that I didn’t see coming and I love it!”
- Until November (Until series) by Aurora Rose <— Neika recommends it! “I loved this. Its a series debut although each will be a standalone. Super Alpha Males…but super sweet! The only thing I hate of reading books like these is that I crave more Alpha when im done!!!”
- Meant to Be (An Anchor Island Novel) by Terri Osbourn <— recommended by Trisha: “I read Meant to Be by Terri Osburn last month. It was a sweet romance with real characters, without over-the-top angst, but yet not eye rolling.”
- When You’re Ready by J.L. Berg <— Jillian recommends this one: ” It is a very real to life book. I thoroughly enjoyed it because of that. Very refreshing. No cliffhanger either!”
- First Thing I See by Vi Keeland <— Kandace recommends this one: “…her book ‘The First Thing I See’ totally rocked my world.”
- Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah <— looks heartwarming: “Claire Cavenaugh has fallen in love for the first time in her life. As her wedding day approaches, she prepares to face her harsh, judgmental older sister and their self-absorbed mother. It is the first time they have been together in more than two decades. Over the course of a hot Pacific Northwest summer, these three women who believe they have nothing in common will try to become what they never were: a family.”
- Perfecting Patience (The Blow Hole Boys 1.5) by Tabatha Tabatha Vargo (thank you Aimee!)
- Taming The Alpha (BBW Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance) (Wild Obsession) by Adriana Hunter <— “…when a handsome stranger appears at the club, his dangerous, feral presence commanding attention, the sexual charge between them is so strong that she can barely breathe, Nikki finds herself swept into a world she never dreamed existed. A world where nothing is as it seems and once she enters, there is no turning back.” (thanks Aimee!)
- Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms) by Danielle Monsch <— zombies (bad) and gargoyles good!). I’m assuming they’re sexy. 😉 “Larissa Miller may have been born after the Great Collision, but as a history teacher who lives in the human-only city, she has never come into contact with any other race or species, nor has she wanted to. Her life is as ordinary as it gets – that is, until one day she walks out of her apartment and is attacked by a mob of Zombies, only to be saved by a Gargoyle.” Lots of great reviews and one review that was no so great didn’t seem to like it ’cause the book was too focused on their attraction to each other (with not enough action and adventure). And strangely enough, that peaked my interest. 😉 LOL! (thanks Aimee!!)
- Forever Bound (A Vampire And Werewolf Romance Anthology) by Cynthia Eden <— this whole bundled book deal!!
- Going Under by S. Walden <— hugely popular book amongst our fellow readers (and I loved this author’s other super risqué book!)! Tracie says: “I absolutely LOVED this book. Oh the feels it gave me, just wow.” and Sally agrees: “FANTASTIC read !”
- Discovering Us (True Love Trilogy) by Harper Bentley <— This one made Clarissa sick (I think in a good way! 😉 ): “Just read Discovering Us by Harper Bentley and I feel like vomiting! Talk about angst. My stomach is in knots. I can’t wait till book two comes out!” <— well that is one of the things I hope for in a read!! 😉 and then Karen just potsed: “So…. I read ‘Discovering Us’ (True Love, book 1) from Harper Bentley… And I must say, I really Loved the book – like a lot, the writing is awesome! Really funny – I just have onde thing against it: the second book, February only!! It is one of those books that makes you think about it, miss it and be angry at it…. Does it make any sense?” <— I AM WAY TOO curious about this one. Sounds SUPER-angsty!!! Ohhhh right right right. I just re-read the synopsis. Her boyfriend is a baseball player and she leaves everything to be with him, and there are bad things like supermodels in the mix. Yep. I can already imagine why this one is making y’all crazy…
- Irreplaceable (Harmony Book 2) by Angela Graham
- Inevitable (Harmony Book 1) by Angela Graham <— and here’s book #1 “When the estate next door sells, the last thing Cassandra expects is the unnerving attraction she feels for her sinfully handsome neighbor, Logan West, the young and charming single father with a playboy reputation.
It’s through Oliver, Logan’s four-year-old son, who keeps popping up in her childhood tree house, that she slowly begins to catch glimpses of the compassionate and wounded man Logan has hidden beneath his strong exterior.“
- Winters Heat (Titan #1) by Cristin Harber <— it seems all of the books in this series are on sale! (this one is book #1) “When Titan’s safe houses are compromised, Colby stashes Mia at his home, exposing his secret—he’s the adoptive father of an orphaned baby girl. Too soon, danger arrives and Mia lands in the hands of a sadistic cartel king with a taste for torture. As hours bleed into fear-drenched days, Colby races across the globe and through a firestorm of bullets to save the woman he can’t live without.“
- Carrie by Stephen King is on sale right now! (Plus they re-made the movie – again – and I’m totally going to see it!)
- Emma’s Secret: A Novel by Steena Homes <— this is book #2 on sale and while not our usual read, looks SO good!!! BUT!!! a reviewer says read the prequel FIRST (and I see why now after reading #1’s synopsis below) so here it is…
- Finding Emma by Steena Homes (also in sale) <— this is book #1!!! “Megan is the harried but happy stay-at-home mother of three little girls living in a small town. Her life implodes when her youngest daughter, Emma, disappears on her third birthday.”
- Fighting Fate by Linda Kage <— Autumn’s co-reviewer recommends this one! “When Paige Zukowski enrolls at Granton University in honor of her dead brother, she has no idea fate will land her on the same campus with the very guy who killed him. But Logan Xander isn’t quite the murderer she’s always believed him to be.”
Oh! I had Unbound on my TBR list from finding it here the other day! Looks so good and different — can’t wait to see your review for it! P.S. The Beaumont Series was great – you should read it when you have some free time…..haha!!
LOL!!! I know. *sigh* I keep re-seeing books that are HIGH on my TBR list and wonder – what the heck happened? Why haven’t I read that one yet?? LOL!
And I love Cara McKenna… always so… I dunno. Unique… She sucks me right in each and every time. And her writing is exquisite!
I just downloaded the other Cara McKenna books you mentioned because I hadn’t read them and they look HOT and FUN!! Thanks!
Hi all, I also wanted to recommend a book called Beautifully Awake by Riley Mackenzie. It was awesome! Pure alpha male hero ;). Also, it was different because it’s set in a hospital. I wasn’t sure if I’d like that, but it blew me away. Up ALL NIGHT!!!
After Hours was my favorite, but each one had me gasp at a certain reveal and each one is unforgettable! Loved ’em all!
Thank you, thank you! So excited for reading this weekend now! I am in the midst of Madeleine Abducted…..so I will definitely need a change! Don’t know what I would do without your site!!
Rock the band was hot, not quite Sinner’s HOT lol! Just coming off another super hot completely different doctor romance Beautifully Awake -Riley Mackenzie! Awesome read! Adding Unbound to my TBR! Thanks as always!
Maryse I just finished Seeking Serenity and loved it!! Eden Butler does a great job pulling you in!
I read Price of A Kiss last week. It was pretty great. My co-reviewer also loved Kage’s Fighting Fate. I’ll be reading it soon. She has good style. I also got Unbound. Andrea LOVED it, so I can’t wait to read it. Her other books look good too! YUMMY covers.
Price of a Kiss is totally up my alley. I gotta read that!! Thanks Autumn!
And yes!! Jump on those from Cara McKenna… right up our alley!!
I have Unbound on my TBR…can’t wait to start it! I just read book 1 in the Night Owl Trilogy you mentioned. OMG, so good!!! And right now it’s only .99!! Seriously, this book was fantastic.
Thanks Renee!! I hear that one is good and I shall be looking into it. I’ve already had it on two lists this month. 😉 LOL!
I love getting everyone’s recommendations! Thank you! Now I need to get Price of a Kiss and Beautifully Awake! My head is spinning….ugh!!
Maryse, totally unrelated to this list but I was just thinking about God-Shaped Hole the other day and wondering if you’ve read it. The characters and story have stuck with me – months later – a sign of a good book 🙂 I know it’s not an eBook (or maybe there is an eBook in google format?), but it’s worth reading in hard copy.
I’ve heard about it and I *think* I know how it ends although I can’t remember where I figured it out… and yes. The only thing keeping me from it is that it’s in paper format. Oh! I hear it sort of crosses over (at least via a certain character) with How to Kill a Rockstar. How clever!!
There’s another book I’m DYING to read that’s in paper format too (a stockholm syndrome one that everyone seems to love) called “Perfect” from Judith McNaught. If I find it in a bookstore, I suppose I won’t be able to help but pick it up. 😉
Yes, I had an idea how it ended too, but this one is all about the journey. Writing is so good and the book is just clever and romantic (though not a typical romance). I had to go back and reread a part of HTKAR to get the connection but once I did it made me see the whole book (GSH) differently. I agree about hard copy…so hard to go back 🙂
What a list!! I’m going to do some crazy ebook shopping after this. BTW, I’m starting FSoG tonight – I had to put it off until this weekend because I’ll probably need to read straight through! The good thing about working from home – I can read whenever I want. The down side about working from home – I can read whenever I want. Yeah, I know. First-world problems. 😉
For those that enjoy romantic suspense I can’t recommend enough Cristin Harber’s new Titan series. I’ve read book one and two and both were five star reads for me! Colby from Winter’s Heat has some very yummy alpha tendencies! One of the best new series I’ve read EVER!
Cara McKenna is fantastic! Willing Victim and After Hours are a couple of my go-to re-reads when I need to pick up something I know I love already. The Curio vignettes made me want to sneak off to France (sans husband) and hire a prostitute. I know somewhere in my rational brain that wouldn’t be a great idea. I just bought Unbound and am hoping for another goodie.
I can’t remember if I saw this listed on your website, but I just read 3 great books all a part of the Growing Pains Triology by K.F. Breene. The leading male is hot, but has his issues. The heroine is fierce and independent and the supporting cast are a riot! A MUST READ!!!!!!
I have read all of your top picks and loved them as well. I just finished Metamorphosis and Ambrosia by Erin Noelle. They are the Book Boyfriend series. The third on is being released in November. They were awesome!!! If you like Thoughtless or Beautiful Disaster, you will LOVE these books. What makes these books more awesome is the author mentions these two book boyfriends in her book!!
I just wanted to thank you for mentioning Unintentional Virgin. I’m honored to be on your amazing site!
OMG… You guys, you guys!!! I’m only in Chapter 18 but I have to share! I feel like I found a treasure of a book last night and it is only $.99!!! The summary is super vague which had me intrigued. I downloaded the sample & found it interesting enough – but I had to know what “the emotional rollercoaster” was about in the amazon ratings. This book…sigh… I was NOT expecting the things that happened. It’s called Ninety-Eight by Shannon Mayer. Soooo good but my poor heart!!! Heart!!!
Read Carter Reed yesterday & Until November today. Both really good. I loved Asher’s entire family in Until November & I’m so happy they are getting their own books. Just bought Seeking Serenity so I guess I’ll start that next.
Um…blushes to eternity. THANK YOU!!!! I’m thrilled “Chasing Serenity” is being read and loved. This gives me the giggles. <3 to you all!!
You should definitely give Perfect by Judith McNaught a try, Maryse! I found it in a used book store 10 or 15 years ago and thought it was really good! While I don’t remember it being terribly “dark” it was definitely worth the read!
Love your recommendations! You are always my go to site! Just wanted to share 2 books I read this week that were Alphafantastic! Axel and Cage by Harper Sloan. Good reading Great characters and always HEA and bargained priced! Thanks for all you do.
Jeanie V, Thanks for the recommendation. Ninety-eight is phenomenal! I’m just on Chapter 16, and at first it seemed very predictable but the author keeps surprising me with new unexpected twists! I love it! Wow…Where did this book come from? Totally unexpected! I’m not getting any sleep tonight. Must. Finish.it. This is exactly what I look for in a book. Phew! Back to reading.
Lindsay, right? Right!!! Truly… I kept thinking OMG! The synopsis reveals nothing (not really) – I was so pleasantly surprised!!! I’m so glad you’re enjoying it. 🙂
Jeanie V, I loved it! Although I must admit, I wanted to stop reading it after a certain scene that made my stomach drop. I honestly did not know how the rest of the book would recover, but it was just nothing but FEELS after that. I was so very happy to have read this book! And a great big shout out for recommending it 🙂
Thanks for the list Maryse! After Hours is one my favorite reads of the last few months. Super hot and steamy, but it also had strong characters that felt real right from the start and an engaging story. I think that’s why we connect to her characters so easily, because they feel real in their thoughts and emotions and reactions. And did I mention hot and steamy? 😀
Really must stop looking at this site! 70 kindle pages in my TBR!! Now I have just one clicked enough for another page….Need to read faster or give up the day job!
So I just read Harper Bentley’s Discovering Us. First, what an amazing book! Second, don’t read it. Like seriously! Wait for the second one to come out. I had no idea of the major cliffhanger, and I was just reading, in my book fog when I get to the end. Let me say first, I didn’t realize it was 6am. I get to the end and look at my cat (who was undisturbed that it felt like the world had just ended) and kept repeating out loud, “What?! That’s it!” He (my cat) just paused from licking his paws and continued. Sighhh.. I guess this happens more than I like.
I just finished a book I found for free on my kindle. It’s called Enraptured by Alannah Carbonneau. It was a sweet book that I couldn’t stop reading and it had a Bad Boy/Good Girl theme!