Happy Friday my friends! I’m wishing all of us an awesome fun adventure-filled, or relaxing weekend (whatever’s your pleasure). And if your pleasure is reading (like mine is), I hope you’ve got some awesome books lined up, and that time is on your side for some power-reading. And if you’re looking for a few bargains and super-finds, maybe the list below will provide. 😉
So… what am I reading? Well… if you noticed, I’ve sort of been missing in action the past few days (with our usual fun banter and alpha-male swooning). That’s because I’ve settled into a book I’ve been dying to read (You: A Novel). And Shell said:
“I am desperately waiting for your review on ‘You’. Can’t wait.”
So I’m giving y’all a mini-update. I’m almost finished and let’s just say… it doesn’t lend itself to swooning. 😉 It’s dark and creepy, and I was so in the mood for that. I’m enjoying it well enough. It’s extremely well written, the POV gives it that even darker factor, and often, captivating (and he’s even even kind of funny and quirky, despite his serious creep-factor and serious mental issues. LOL! Wait… I shouldn’t be laughing at that. He’s so freakin’ disturbing!!) But at other times… it… drags a little. I find my attention waning. To be fair, I’m at 70-something% and it’s over 400 pages, so I’ve been “on it” for a little longer than I expected.
My issue? I am able to put it down, and that’s what I was hoping I wouldn’t be able to do, with a crazy-sounding book like this. But I can’t help but to keep picking it back up. There’s just something about it that compels me to finish it. I’m invested in these characters that I don’t even really like (even the “heroine”). I’m a big ol’ mess! But I have to know what happens! I’m thinking the ending will provide me a twist. Maybe even shock me right into loving it? You know those kinds of books that you think you only “liked”, but can’t stop thinking about once it’s over, and decide you loved it? I’m hoping this is what happens!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Darker Water (Once and Forever Book 1) by Lauren Stewart <— JUST RELEASED TODAY!! It’s that one with the gorgeous cover, up there to the left. “Two people want the same thing–a commitment to nothing more than great sex in a bunch of different positions. Simple. Enjoyable. A win-win. Problem is, those two people have families and fears and pain that spill into every moment of their lives, control what they do and who they are. And if either Carson or Laney can’t free themselves from the past, they’ll both be pulled under by it.” It’s a standalone and no cliffhanger!
- UNMASKED: The Complete Series by Cassia Leo <— The entire series bundled and on sale! Well… I can’t help but one-click this one. Book #1 totally gave me blurb jolt when it first came out. From the blurb, she has some sort of physical issue… and a stranger wants to protect her… “our nightly visits are always cloaked in darkness. I don’t know his face and he will never know mine. I was born into this world unwanted. I will leave this world unmasked.”
- When I Wasn’t Watching by Michelle Kelly <— sounds like a mystery romance and it’s on sale! She loses her child to a murderer, and when he’s allowed to go free… another one goes missing. “Matt and Lucy grow closer – and become fixated on bringing the culprit to justice.” <– He’s the investigator assigned to the case…
- Save Me: A TAT Novella (TAT: A Rocker Romance) by Melanie Walker <— recent release that I missed the first time around, so I’m bringing’ it here!
- Consent (Power Exchange Book 3) by AJ Rose <— M/M romance! Another recent release that I just missed, and I remember this series being recommended by some of my fellow readers.
- Destroyed by Pepper Winters <— Stephanie found us this one on sale today! “I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.”
- A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness <— on sale today (thanks Kat!!!) Super popular series, and I read this one a few years ago… (here’s my review)
- Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey <— (Thanks Stephanie!) And it’s a teacher/student romance of sorts… “Liam is strictly off limits. Forbidden. Her coaches have made that perfectly clear. (i.e. “Score with Coach Wilder anywhere other than the field and you’ll be cut from the team faster than you can count his tattoos.“) But that just makes him all the more enticing…” Why yesssss. Yes. It. Does. 😉 and Jennifer thought so too: “Currently reading scoring wilder…great, fun read, enjoying” and Anna loved it! “I just finished Scoring Wilder and totally loved it! Just a straight-up good college romance with a super sexy hot guy and a pretty kick-ass main character. Good stuff!“
- Gravity: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— One from a list or two ago that totally got my attention!! (Thanks Stephanie!) “Unable to face his betrayal, she retreats to Priest Lake where her family owns a small cabin. But Gemma finds that she is not the only one hiding away at the lake to avoid an ugly truth.” She’s reunited with someone from her past…
- The Unrestrained Series Collection by S.E. Lund <— And Stephanie found us series bundled and on sale, too!
- A Life Less Broken by Margaret McHeyzer <— Another Stephanie-find! “On a day like any other, Allyn Sommers went off to work, not knowing that her life was about to be irrevocably and horrifically altered. Three years later, Allyn is still a prisoner in her own home held captive by harrowing fear…”
- Truly: The New York Series (The New York Trilogy) by Ruthie Knox <— Ohhhh I remember this one from a month or two ago. Sounds cute! She’s struggling with her recent move to NY, and he’s getting over a divorce…
- Admit One (Sweetwater Book 2) by Lisa Clark O’Neill <— JUST RELEASED (thanks Lemon!!)
- Dangerously Happy by Varian Krylov <— M/M romance… (and it’s the the book that is prior to Bad Things that was just released). Brought to my attention by Fabi when she said: “Dangerously Happy, that one has my favorite couple of ALL TIME. <—- yup with capital letters and thousands of books. If every relationship (couples, friends, relatives, etc) discussed this in the way Dario and Aiden do, then there would be nothing but love in this world.” and Michelle is enjoying it! “I am at 20% and loving it. I know it’s not everybody’s taste (m/m) but it is just so well written.”
- Aftermath by Cara Dee <— speaking of M/M romance, I’m putting this one back on the list, since book #2 will be out on Tuesday! I loved this one… a dark read, super romance (both men get kidnapped by the same pyscho) and SO good. “After surviving a five-month long kidnapping together, they struggle to return to normalcy, all while realizing that they’re more drawn to each other than they ever could’ve imagined.” Here’s my review for Aftermath.
- Deeper: A Novel (Caroline & West) by Robin York <— This was the one bev was reading a few days ago and she said: “I’m still loving Deeper. It is just so good.” Oh YES!! I remember reading this blurb! “When Caroline Piasecki’s ex-boyfriend posts their sex pictures on the Internet, it destroys her reputation as a nice college girl. Suddenly her once-promising future doesn’t look so bright. Caroline tries to make the pictures disappear, hoping time will bury her shame. Then a guy she barely knows rises to her defense and punches her ex to the ground.” <— I’m already swooning!!!!!
- Drowning Instinct (Fiction – Young Adult) by Ilsa J. Bick <— Not bargain priced, but highly recommended by a few of our fellow readers, including myself! This is one that I read and enjoyed a few days ago (here’s my review), and now Amy loved it, too! She felt it… “OMG!!! I’m at 91% of Drowning Instinct and I’m FREAKING OUT!!! The f#%k?!?!?!?!?!?*grabbing hair and pulling*” and then she finished it: “Drowning Instinct was soooooooo good! SO good. I just re-read Maryse’s review for it, and she was so right when she said it’s worth the ride…and you’ll have to read it to find out how it ends and whether or not everything works out….you do have to read it! It’s not really black and white…it is more gray with everything that is going on in it. And there are several things going on which come into play with the teacher-student aspect. Read it!!! Reeeeeeeaaaad it!! … *I* think it was worth it. It’s different from other T/S books I’ve read because of the goings-on that factor into the situation. I definitely recommend reading it! “
- Grayson by Lisa Eugene <— Shell just found us this very recent release and she’s gonna give it a go. So I looked it up, and sure enough.. sounds like it could be absorbing!!! “The last thing twenty-four year old grad student Angie Roberts needs is to worry about her new boss’s father. After all, she’s never even seen him. He remains sequestered upstairs in a house that looks like it should be the main feature in an episode of Hoarders. She had no idea the house was such a dump when she took the job. But she’s concerned about the safety and health of the old man living under such horrid conditions.” <— but, you see… he’s NOT old. In fact, he’s gorgeous. So what’s the deal? 😉
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens <— noooo it’s not on sale, but she just announced finishing the first draft of “Griffin’s” book, and so to celebrate this fact, I’m bringing book #1 back to the forefront. This is one of my ALL TIME favorite books in the whole wide world. It’s an absolute “new adult” CLASSIC in our world. I FA-REAKED out reading this. Here’s my REVIEW. One of THE BEST intense love triangles I have ever read, and while my assumption is that EVERYONE here has read it, I realize many are newer here, and I just can’t leave you guys in the dark when it comes to this ultimate romance-angst read.
Amy: Shell, have you read Thoughtless? It’s an oldie but freaking goodie with angst up the hoo-ha. Okay, it’s not really *old* but it’s not a newer read either. It was the book that got me hooked on angst.
Shell: I have got both ‘thoughtless’ and ‘ how to kill a Rockstar’ but have not read it yet as I get distracted by all the new releases and recommendations by fellow readers So which one should I go for??
Jean: Shell, READ Thoughtless!!!!!! It is an awesome series!!!!! I am in the same boat as you…over 400 books downloaded but not read yet. Wonder how many Maryse has downloaded that she hasn’t read yet and does she have the guts to tell us her “number” (no Amy, not that “number”…lol)!
Maryse: Jean!! How do I find out? I’m thinking… 1000. Maybe more. Yes. I’m an e-book hoarder. An avid one-clicker. I’ll probably get tennis-elbow in my finger. LOL!! I read so much that I need glasses now to see far away. *sigh* Ophthalmologist said that for most people, it’s the reverse (need glasses to see up close), but for excessive readers… well. it’s what I got.
Amy: the first one is the one that will punch you in the heart and gut and make your ovaries go BOOM!!! 😀 Yeah, what Jean said about the stomach pains.
Tracy: Shell – Thoughtless is awesome!
Cheryl: I agree Thoughtless is so, so good! Shell I envy you reading it for the first time. You will love it. I loved the other 2 books also, in fact the filming of the song video in book 3 Reckless, breaks my heart just thinking about it. I miss the “I can’t put the book down and the sweet, sexy H *Kellan* and the angst roller coaster ride.” I think I have read most of the books on Maryse’s “What to Read After Thoughtless” list, but that’s the read I want… *sigh*
Maryse: I agree Cheryl. It’s THAT feeling that I’m constantly searching for. And the search for more that will make me feel like Thoughtless did is SO fun. I LOVE reading no matter what. I love so many of the books that we’ve found in the last couple of years. But there are some that are the ultimates you know? The pinnacles of our book love. And this is one of ’em.
- Apolonia by Jamie McGuire <— expected release date October 6th 2014!!! Sci-fi new adult romance…?
- Keep Me Safe: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks – expected release date October 7th 2014
- Echoes of Scotland Street: An On Dublin Street Novel by Samantha Young – expected release date October 7th 2014
- Melody of the Heart (Runaway Train Book 4) by Katie Ashley – expected release date October 7th 2014
- Reaper’s Stand (Reapers Motorcycle Club Book 4) by Joanna Wylde – expected release date October 7th 2014
- Outcome (Aftermath Book 2) by Cara Dee <— M/M romance – I LOVED Aftermath!! So i can’t wait to read this one. – expected release date October 7th 2014
- Last Light (The Night Owl Trilogy) by M. Pierce <— #1 is one of my favorite books ever (the start of our “stuffed manatee” obsession in fact). Here is my review for Night Owl, and now #2 will be out SO SOON!!!!! THIS MONTH!!! *squeeeeeeee*
- Confess: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— it’s got a cover and blurb!! expected release date March 10th 2015. “For once, Auburn takes a risk and puts her heart in control, only to discover that Owen is keeping some major secrets from coming out. The magnitude of his past threatens to destroy everything important to Auburn, and the only way to get her life back on track is to cut Owen out of it. The last thing Owen wants is to lose Auburn, but he can’t seem to convince her that truth is sometimes as subjective as art. All he would have to do to save their relationship is confess. But in this case, the confession could be much more destructive than the actual sin…” <— Oooooh I wonder what that means!!! 😀
- Silver Bastard (Silver Valley) by Joanna Wylde <— spinoff of her biker series – expected release date April 7th 2015.
My mom is having bypass surgery on Tues following a mild heart attack last nite…so I’m @ her house to pick up some stuff to bring to the hospital & I’ve got her rarely used Kindle here & I’m about to go nuts 1-clicking for her. She loves to read (I gave her FSOG for Xmas last yr & she loved it) but has a long hours, high stress job as a corporate CPA for a major bank so she doesn’t get to read as much as she would like to. She has to be in the hospital till Thurs of next wk….now….give me some suggestions, guys…besides FSOG. And yes, my Travis loving 15yr old niece already put Beautiful Disaster on here.
Fallen Crest series by Tijan while you can get it for 99¢.
This Man series by Jodi Ellen Malpas
Up in the Air series / Tristasn and Dannika series both by LK Riley
Thoughtless by SC Stephens
If you look through the best of, Maryse has a lot of good recommendations.
Speaking of, anyone have an idea of what to read after Fallen Crest? I’m in a funk, and want something that angsty and sarcastic. SBC chanting would also be good. (How awesome was SBC?)
Here is a list of all of my own 5-star reviews, if that helps. 🙂
And while I’m at it, my 4.5 star reviews, ’cause I absolutely loved them, too:
Lauren – RK Lilley has a limited edition of all her first books for each series in a box set for only 2.99. I love her books & it’s a good way to try her different series. And Tessa hit the nail on the head with the Fallen Crest box set recommendation. Great series at an amazing price right now. I also grabbed Rochelle Paige’s Blythe College Series box set last week for 99 cents and enjoyed it.
Now I’m off to check out A Discovery of Witches. I’m intrigued…
Just to let you know that Admit One (Sweetwater book 2) by Lisa clark O’Neill was just released
Aw Lauren, so sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she has a speedy recovery!
Darker Water is MINE!! Ooooh, I hope it’s angsty! Before you start throwing flaming things at me, ladies, I’m not squirreling from the Fever series…yet. 😉
“…despite his serious creep-factor and mental issues.” <—— Would a pink tongue make up for that though?? LOL!!!!!
That was funny, right?? My auto-correct was totally on you guys’s side and conspiring against me…
And yes. I said “guys’s” again. What? 😛
Oh my god !!!! Maryse your mini review of ‘YOU’ has made my heart beating like a drum and ready to jump in my mouth as I absolutely love dark books with twisted characters and if there is mental health issue is added to the mix then that’s my book, my choice of drug which will give me such a high that all of Amy’s Martni’s put together can’t give. Pease hurry up and finish the book already as I want the full review ASAP.
Amy… martini for this one, stat!!! 😉
Give me a minute and I’ll find one… 😉
Sorry to hear that Lauren I hope she is ok?
Brother dearest was good could try for her? Or the knitting in the city series it’s funny aswell as swoony!!
Amy I think u should have added water to those martinis u know with the talk of pink tounges and byrning tampons ……. Why are we burning the tampons again?
Seriously water!!! I ment burning lol
Yeah my question exactly, Amy… I scrolled back up through that party and never quite got the “beginning” of where you guys started burning *ahem*… “stuff” 😉
Lauren I hope that your mom feels better soon!!
Maryse I finished ‘Grayson’ but it was’t what I thought it would be, I am very much attracted towards the books where characters have underline mental issues or in your face type of issues that kind of characters are not black or white, there is so much grey in between and unanswered questions and I was very excited to start this book but it did’t have the consistency and failed to convince me.
Lauren I wish your Mum a speedy recovery.
Okay, this one sounds yummy…
…but *this* one is just crazy!! Read the reason for the name right below the instructions. That person is hilarious. 😉
*snicker* Okay, the burning, um, “hygiene items” started when I said that Jean and Cheryl would probably throw them at me if I squirreled from Darkfever…and I want to light one just to see what would happen. Because I’m mature like that. 😛
And Laura, the pink tongue is becuase Maryse likes…er, her *autocorrect* likes them. *snort*
Shelly, A Discovery of Witches was good. It’s real world is strong within the fantastical elements.
Griffin gets a book? That should be good. I absolutely adored the perv. The things out of his mouth were just enough to make me want to smack him and laugh simultaneously.
KA Robinson’s new book, Deception came out today. I think that will be my next one, after Kitty and the Silver Bullet. I wanted Fallen Crest like, and she was reccomended by Tijan.
Lauren happy thoughts for your mom’s speedy recovery. HIGHLY recommend Neighbors from Hell series!!! Also just read a 5star book for me called Decker’s Wood!! Sooo outstanding!!! I had floating around on my tbr list and was ignoring it because of the cover. Do not let the cover deter you!! The reviews sucked me in and it was unputdownable!!!
Seeds of iniquity is out JA Redmerski (in the company of killers series)- FYI
Carnage (book 1) and Saviour (book 1) by Leslie Jones is on 0.99 cent.
Haha I think u should light one just to see!
I have a confession I read the dark fever books but didn’t get part the I think 3rd? When all the stuff happens (not gonna say more) but it got weird for me I didn’t follow it maybe I will pick it up when u all get to that one!
Maryse what about when someone has been drinkin one of those drinks that turns ur tongue blue can we like blue tongues too? Lol
She would probably like anything by Kristen Ashley! Anytime I am in a book funk I know I can pick up one of her books and enjoy. Also Wallbanger by Alice Clayton is another good one that will have her laughing.
Omg this Apple update has totally screwed autocorrect!!! It makes u sound worse not better!!
No, Laura…it is definitely better. *snicker*
For Thoughtless lovers…Thoughtful (Kellan’s POV) is supposed to be released in February!! I’m kind of picky when it comes to the retelling of a story in the other person’s POV, but I will be reading this one for sure because…it’s Kellan!!!! Where Thoughtless was insanely angsty, I think this one will hurt. If you’ve read Thoughtless then you know why. 😉
And Maryse…how did I miss when you posted that number?!? Woo-hoo! I’m not the only one with ebooks in the four digits!! 😀
Oh yes! Anything by Kristen Ashley would be great to add to your mom’s Kindle Lauren. Tessa, thanks for the extra info on the witches book. Oh… And if the book is a little creepy how about a spooky cocktail?
A Witch’s Brew has watermelon juice, tequila, water & Cointreau.
Not sure if anyone else is into the Blackthorn books but the 4th one comes out on October 24th and you can pre-order it. This one is called Blood Deep.
Brother Dearest by Penelope Ward was ahhhhmazing! angsy and just ahhh…must read!!!!
Amy, that second drink you listed and the reason for the name…..too funny! Are you still reading Darkfever? Barrons….yum! Umm, did you really start a fire?
Maryse, I did not see your comment about your number of books either until now….. To answer your question, I have a separate folder in my collections for TBR…. try to keep it updated as I download, but I’m probably over 400!
Lauren, good luck with your Mom! All of the books mentioned by these ladies are great!
Lauren, hope your Mom has a quick and uncomplicated recovery.
Would definitely recommend the book above- Thoughtless & the entire series, The Artist’s Trilogy, Tristan & Danika Series, The Storm Series, Beautiful Bastard.
I didn’t know there was going to be a Griffin book. Thought I read where the author said there would not be one, because didn’t want to be in Griffin’s head- bad enough with words and actions. The Kellan pov will be painful!
Bring on the drinks!!!
Amy, 4 different kinds of alcohol in the stalker punch- I can see how it could “proper f*%k you.” 🙂
Laura! I love blue tongues! Haha! We need a martini blue tongue maker!
Amy actually I totally cheated. I never “officially” gave that number response in the old post where it was asked… Cause I just saw it today. Sooooooo…. I just added it in, here, LOL! You know… thought I’d answer it on the spot. 😉 better late than never and all that. 😛
You were in the mood for “dark and creepy” and didn’t go with Bad Things? Did Fabi and I not convince you enough? From his POV? check. Well written? check. The difference? It does NOT drag at all. And it’s dark…. and creepy… and steamy…. and filthy… and steamy… and tender. I mean if you were in THAT kind of mood, why not pick BT?
PLZ Don’t forget Book #4 Mr Beautiful by R.K. Lilley! My absolutely favorite series.. Up In The Air.. Oct 15.. 🙂
Went to pre-order book 2 of The Night Owl trilogy, anyone else see the price hike now that the author is published? Not a ‘bargain’ priced book no more.
Jean…okay, don’t freak out but… IdecidedtofinishLoveNouveaubeforestartingDarkfever.
*cringing and ducking*
I had to! But I’m all done now (it was an okay read, even though the blurb was misleading :?), and I’ve started Darkfever. So excited!
Yes, I did light one just to see what would happen. Tampax Pearl are flammable! My neighbor looked over the fence and asked what I was doing. Uhhhhh…
Amy – how did you miss Linda’s book called Decker’s Wood! I thought for sure you have something to say about that one.
MichelleS – I’m going in for Bad Things.
Cheryl, I read a Kellan POV that she wrote (cannot for the life of me remember where) for the scene where he comes home after taking off for the day and realizes someone is there. Know which one I am talking about? I shouldn’t have felt bad for him but…how can you not?? 🙁
Oh hoh hoh!! Look who decided to be fashionably late with an answer and made me think the martinis are affecting my memory!
*cough* Maryse *cough* 😛
Lol Amy! I get it! Happens all the time…..squirreling that is….not tampon fires!! So how was LN?
Believe me, Tracy, I had plenty to say about Decker’s Wood when it first came out! If I remember correctly, someone here read it and said it was a 4.5. What do you think I made of that comment?? *snicker* 😉
Michele, I forgot about that one! More James Cavendish? Um, yes please!!
Wow that’s some real excitement over Decker’s Wood Linda!!!!
What, Jean? You don’t randomly light tampons on fire just because?
LN was okay. Like I said, the blurb was misleading to me as I was expecting to have my heart pummeled, but it didn’t turn out like that. There was a lot of telling instead of showing and I had some other issues with it, but overall it was okay. Again, though, my angst tolerance is pretty high. 😉
*hee hee* Linda has excitement over wood. Get it? Excitement? Wood? 😛
Yeah, I should probably get back to Darkfever now…
I knew you hadn’t lost your touch Amy! I can’t wait to hear what you think of Darkfever. Although I will say when I was reading reviews about the series everyone kept saying how each book got better and better. I have to agree so keep at them.
One clicked Carnage so I started that but am in the middle of At Grave’s End. I’m all over the place.
I have Decker’s Wood may have to move it up. I’m going to finish Harder, seriously these two are so good, and then start EIT
Amy, Cheryl, and Jean keep us updated on your reading it’ll be fun to relive it, lol.
The complete Knox series by Cassia Leo is also .99
King Hall by Scarlett Dawn is .99 – not sure if anyone is into young adult fantasy but I like it to change things up sometimes.
Maryse, my library surprisingly had You: A Novel so I grabbed it today. Hopefully, you will be posting a good review *fingers crossed*
Maryse – a default “one-click” for me is Mia Sheridan, and she has a pre-order for Becoming Calder which is releasing on Sunday, 10/5 — can’t wait!
Amy I know when/what you’re talking about, but I haven’t read that Kellan POV. Read his pov for the club scene, one at the end of Thoughtless,-after “being discovered” and the rain scene.
Hmm, I would love to read that pov, but back to Darkfever…. can’t blame you for squirreling, I felt like it too before I started reading it. Liking it so far but a little overwhelmed by how many books are in this series.
*crouched in dark corner – hiding from a scary angry book dom*
I downloaded Darkfever from the library. Even though I’ve already read it. I love it and couldn’t resist another go at it while so many of you are reading it for the first time.
MichelleS recommended Tairen Soul for me, and she hasn’t steared me wrong yet, so that’s my next read.
*eeeek ruuuun* … *run back – forgot my kindle* … *running fast, kindle in hand*
Sheesh, what’s the big deal if my tbr grows a little more? It’s not like we have to add a wall and buy more book shelves.
Just finished Stepbrother Dearest!!! Oh my heart!!!
I did not love Stepbrother Dearest:( Maybe three stars which was disappointing because I wanted to love it but it was just different than what I thought it would be. I am loving Locke though!! I did a quick skim of all the other books again and I love the way Harper Sloan writes!!
*rolls around laughing* omg Amy I can’t believe u did that!!! Tell ur neighbour it’s the new way for protesting for womans rights 🙂
I didn’t know what to read so I’m actually back to an older series im in book 2 of the sulfur heights series read one but neve got to the others so here goes
Oh dear – my TBR list is over 1000 and just added more….oh well the way I see it is that I have plenty of choice!
Omg just finished tragic love I am in tears u all have to read this seriously have to read this!!!
Fabi – I downloaded the ebook (Darkfever) from my library too because I wanted to revisit parts that may be mentioned here by readers experiencing them for the first time….. haven’t heard a peep yet…. I don’t think they’re really reading it!!! Feck it…. I’ll skim through it and find V’Lane….
Happy Little Dork Dance happening here over Tairen Soul, Fabi. It’s a good day at the Maryse’s Blog Site. Lots of oldies but goodies fantasy books being explored.
Fabi – Aiden just met Xavier….. I need a cold shower………
Just noticed REAPER’S STAND was on this list for pre-order. That was the advance copy I won in your contest (yay for me). It was really good if you need a good MC Club fix. Not earth shattering or anything, but well written and has all the elements of a good MC book. It’s the story of Picnic, the MC club’s president – who has two grown daughter’s and lost his wife to cancer years earlier and has been a man whore for a while now. I liked it because he was a little older (in his 40;s) and experienced – like KA’s men. And he was a innocent virgin either. I liked that. Good choice. 4 stars?
that was supposed to say SHE WASN’T an innocent virgin either !!!!
omg, Now I really wanna read Aftermath for the 3rd or 4th time!! Loved that book. Can’t wait for Tuesday.
MichelleS *eeek* the part where X and A meet. I found that part nerve wracking if not downright scary. For many reasons. The scene itself. The dynamics between D and X. The dynamics between A and D and, of course, A and X. I think I held my breath the whole time. And did you notice A’s reaction when he first walked in and saw X. That is SO me. I would turn green and stomp off. LOL. I’m telling you these characters are personalities to strive for. I can see so many of my life’s little hiccups being so much easier if I could react and act like those characters in that book.
I actually read some of Darkfever last night. I’d forgotten it starts with such a bang. Sadly, the technology references date it. It didn’t feel that way when I first read it. I guess that’s an aspect authors should be wary of in their wrting in today’s fast evolving digital society.
Wow. Some of those pre order prices! Ouch.
I’ll see if I can track that down for you, Cheryl. There was also the scene from the coffee stand in his POV…I’m curious if all of those scenes will be in his book or not!
LOL Laura! That would have been a better response than mine, which was “um, burning a tampon?” while holding it up with grill tongs. Eh, they’re used to me by now. 😉 I just checked my Kindle app and I have the first three Sulfur Heights books! Did you say you cried? That’s a magic word for me!
Yay Paula! Another one with ebooks in the four digits. 😉
I’m about 30% into Darkfever, and it’s definitely holding my attention! I’m ready for some fae lovin’! See, ladies, I *am* reading it so pbltttttt!!!!! 😛
Oh! Apparently S. Walden is working on a new book that is supposed to be even more intense than Going Under. Eeeeeep!! If you read GU then you know why I say that. 😉
LAUREN – sorry about your momma….. I think ANYTHING by Colleen Hoover is universally liked by all women. Any age. They are just wonderful. And Kristen Ashley is a fave too. The Burg series and Colorado series are both really good. Gone Girl is another one – and it’s now in the movies!
Hope she has a speedy recovery. 🙂
Does anyone know if Darker Water is a ch? I see it says book 1.
Amy I hated the heroine in Going Under. Hated, lol. Ended up skimming and never changed my mind. Haven’t wanted to read any other by the author.
There was another, can’t remember the name, where the heroine said something horrible to her best friend and gave up that author too. Others love the book though.
MichelleS, did you see above that CH has another book coming out early next year?? *happy dance*
Bev, why did you hate her? It’s been a little while since I read it so I don’t remember *too* much, but I do remember I liked it. And breaking out in splotches with “that” scene. 😕 I’m not sure about Darker Water being a CH…anyone going to read it and let us know?
Lauren said a little prayer for you and your mom. Hope she is well and home soon. Some authors and books off the top of my head.
Swoon books would be Kleypas or Garwood historical romances.
Susan Elizabeth Phillips has good funny contemporary books. The men give good grovel and quirky secondary characters.
Sweet Dreams cause Tate!
Emotional and lovely would be Sea of Tranquility and On the Island.
If she needs to hug a manatee Night Owl.
Angsty fun in Wethering the Storm and Love left behind.
Play because Mal.
And two recent ones I loved Worth the Fall and Deeper.
In the beginning in her friends bedroom?
I loved the premise of it. Maybe thought it would be a little Veronica Mars like.
Yeah that bedroom scene just did me in.
Ohhhhh, now I remember. I forgot about that and then what happened with her friend. Well, I also love books like Arsen, Thoughtless and 53 Letters to My Lover so…yeah, guess that says a lot about what I can stomach. 😉 I read Nothing Like You a couple of years ago, and even though it was technically YA it definitely had a more grown-up feel to it. I didn’t like what the h was doing but still wanted everything to work out for her, and I never could hate her. The ending was realistic, and I would for sure read a sequel if the author wrote one. I still ache a little when I think of it.
Amy it cracks me up that you forgot that scene. For me it’s pretty much just with this genre, I guess.
In the Song of Ice and Fire series the ccharacters do horrible things and yet I liked and root for them.
Driving me nuts I can’t remember the nsame of that other book, lol.
*sniffles* Amy, can I borrow your manatee? I decided to read Destroyed since I’ve loved everything by Pepper Winter so far and… It’s sad! *sniffles again*
Amy – I cried like a baby ugly cried!!! Snot and everything then my little girl wanted to cuddle me which made me cry more!!! I read the first one ages ago and it was good but the second jeez it was sad so sad everything in it!! I’m on the 3rd one now will let u know how that goes! U will need the soggy manatee if u read it
I’m obsessed with Danio, Aiden, Xavier and Carson. I loved Dangeriously Happy and I was so nervous if I would love Xavier’s story with the same intensity. I freakin loved Bad Things even more than DH. I feel you should read Dangeriously Happy before you read Bad Things. The characters are too connected. I sighed when Danio and Aiden showed up in Bad Things. Varian Krylov is an auto buy for me.
Yeah!!! Kandace. Another on the Krylov team. Aren’t they all AWESOME? Loooove those books. I read them backwards though. I didn’t feel like it took anything away from either book. In fact, I’m glad I read them that way because BT made me HAVE to go find out about A & D. Dario is just something else. God, I love him.
On another note, for those of you who read Vain (4.5 stars for me), Deborah Bladon just released Ruin, a new series featuring Noah’s twin brother.
Lauren, you know we are all wishing your Mom an easy surgery and speedy recovery. So please keep us updated on her progress. Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
If you didn’t already already add it to her reading list, Maybe Someday is a lovely novel appropriate for romantic girls of all ages.
Here’s to a speedy recovery that won’t give her time to read all the recommendations. 🙂
Aw, Tessa…here you go. *hands manatee to Tessa* Need a hug, too? Hang on, I think we need to pull Laura into a hug as well…she’s been ugly crying.
*group hugging Tessa and Laura with manatee*
Dang, Manny needs a bath now from all the snuffling!
*hugs, all sniffly too* The sad part was a little unexpected. Not as sad as some, but darn if I didn’t lose it suddenly.
I’m drinking now baby is in bed u know cause it’s 9pm here!! But I will wash manny for u Amy if u video u burning a tampon that would make me happy too!
Bev – DW not a cliff hanger just part of a series of stand alones I think. Reading it now….
I need the manatee back Amy need it back now!!! I’m on book 3 and it’s starting again!!!
Finished Dark Fever and moving on to Bloodfever. I’m liking the series. Not sure how to describe the relationship between Mac and Barrons yet, but the interactions Mac has had with V’lane have been steamy and also made me laugh. (missing clothes without realizing it and especially the scene in the museum). Can’t wait to see where it all goes!!
Can’t help thinking of you Amy with all of Mac’s references to nail color and the scene where she is telling Barrons how to paint her nails correctly!! 😉
Cheryl, I can’t believe you already finished it. Didn’t you start on Friday? So glad you’re going on to the next one. This series gets better and better with each book.
Fabi, it was a quick read and it helped that it’s rainy here and I have the flu. So two good reasons to lay around and read. Not that I ever need a good reason to lay around and read! 😉
Oh Cheryl, how can you read when you’re sick? Especially with the flu. I can hardly keep my eyes open when I run a fever. Hope you feel better real soon.
Cheryl I love the nail polish scene. I have some issues with V’lane but your a ways away from them yet. Doesn’t a rainy day make you just want to curl up in Barons Books and Baubles?
I had the flu once and read the first three Nightrunner books by Lynn Flewelling back to back. I still remember it fondly, lol.
K thanks for letting me know. I believe I have Hyde by her. I’m going to have to try it soon.
Kandace – Fabi turned me on to Bad Things and I fell for Xavier… now I am almost done with Dangerously happy and am in love with Aiden & Dario. Now who is Carson? another yummy Krylov male lead? hottest sex scenes ever! (who cares if it’s m/m – hot is hot).
Agreed Michelle. I just “become” whoever the main character is… Love is love! Hot is hot! 😉
If anyone was interested in the Rylee Adamson series by Shannon Mayer, the first book is free right now.
I’m finally done with work (yes working all day ick) and was going to read You but not sure now with Maryse’s review – will still read it but maybe not next. Stepbrother Dearest might be calling my name – curious what all the fuss is about!
Oh and super jealous of all you reading the Fever series for the first time. Wish I could find another series like THAT
I just finished Carnage and I don’t know if I have ever had this kind of reaction to a book before. I am absolutely devastated. My nose is stuffed and I can’t breathe.
I was going to go to Bad Things but… Carnage has thrown me for a loop.
Tracy – Carnage did that to me too. Felt totally cheated. I read Carnage #2 to try to make some sense of it all. It didn’t fix my heart.
Bad Things is not a heart breaker. No crying. Lots of jaw dropping and squirming….
Yes MichelleS – that’s what I wanted to do too – read Carnage 2 for some relief but it sounds like there may not be much in #2. I just did not see this coming.
I think I’ll do Bad Things for a breather and then hit # 2.
I finished Darkfever too! Agree with Cheryl’s comments… not sure what to think of Barrons yet but found a pic someone posted on Pinterest and it was a perfect rendition of him for me!!! Want to move onto next one but the length of this series is daunting….. feeling a little squirrelly….
Feel better Cheryl!
Jean and Cheryl – I have a feeling that you will be sucked in by this series and the number of books won’t be an issue. I read them all back to back because I just had to find out where there story was going. I don’t think you will be disappointed.
Just finished Harder. It is going to be hard to leave Caroline and West.
I’m going to badger/broken record here.
I adored West and Caroline and these books. Really they are a great read. You ladies need to at least give Deeper a try. Just a little sample.
MichelleS it was Carson in Xavier’s book.
LOL Laura!! If I were to make a video of that, I would make sure it was after a few martinis so you could see me in all of my drunken glory!!
Oh, and pass the manatee to Tracy when you’re done…sounds like *she* needs it now. Tracy, you just made me want to read Carnage even more. 😉
I am soooo behind you, Jean and Cheryl. I had an insanely busy day with errands today (I think I went through half of a tank of gas!) but now I can finally settle in and start reading again. I haven’t made it to the nail painting instruction scene yet, but I am loving all the OPI nods! 😀 Hope you feel better soon, Cheryl!!
Thanks naps and reading have helped. I even had my husband go to the library and get the remaining Fever series books, so I could keep on reading for the weekend!! 🙂
Half way through Blood Fever and so glad I continued with the series!
I just pulled up Darkhouse and it says it is 661 pages. Wow, I’m in for a long read.
So, does everyone have a Sunday read lined up?
Currently reading Scoring Wilder. It’s super cute so far, and the main character’s inner dialogue is making me laugh.
bev, is Darkhouse in this list? I don’t see it. I like the title and length. Wanted to know what it was about.
Now reading FaeFever. Each book does get better. Loving Mac and Barrons and V’laine. So many unanswered questions…
Cheryl, y’all got me ‘re-reading that awesome series. But it sounds like you guys will be done before I even finish the first one. No matter though. It was such a good series that I still remember most of it. The first one was the vaguest in my mind.
Fabi that page count is off. Its in the 300s. I have it on nook and I think through smashwords. Anyway I’m not missing pages but the pg count is skipping ahead by 2 or 3 when I turn the page. I’m really liking it and a fast read so far for me. I’m kind of a slow reader.
Darkhouse is by Karina Halle. It’s free on amazon right now. It’s the first in a series. Maryse has reviews of them. She loved them.
Thanks I’ll check it out.
Cheryl you read fast. I’m trying to remember what happened in that book. I remember the overall story but what happens in each book escapes me.
I don’t have my pbs anymore otherwise would probably get sucked in, lol.
Can’t wait for Jan 20, it’ll be a stop drop and roll.
Bev, you’re reading the spin-off series? This series just keeps going; Read after that trilogy, the author plans 2 more books based on the original story.
Oh, yes. I loved Iced and Dani and Ryo. But I believe she has changed all this. Burned was suppose to be a continuation of Dani’s story but now the book is shared with Mac. I’m not happy but trying to with hold judgement. I think, but not sure, that there may only be one other book after Burned.
Oh, and putting Dani and Ryo’s names together is not a spoiler. Dani is still very young and KMM does not make anything definite. I just like them together. Well after she ages, a lot.
Originally, KMM had told us she would do a 3 book spin-off into YA with Dani’s story and afterwards return to Mac’s story. Hmmm, now I’m hearing that path has changed. Not real sure how I feel about that. But really, can KMM write anything that’s not brilliant?
I’m sure it’ll be wonderful. Yet, I am worried about how much page time Dani will get.
Can’t wait to find out.
I wonder why KMM decided to condense the series down?
Does anyone follow J.R. Ward’s Fallen Angel series? If so, the next one, Immortal, comes out tomorrow, 10/6.
I am reading that series but am behind, Fabi. She is inconsistent with the writing in that series. Some I loved, others, meh….. I wait until they are a little cheaper usually. Out of the seven souls, what are they on? I am sure she’ll have to go 3-3 and the 7th book will be the decider…. dontcha’ think?
Oh no no no no. Not Ryo…. I want what’s his name for Dani – the fallen McKeltar…. The young scot who has turned bad….. what was his name?
I’m not looking forward to reading one where she wins. So no, I hope it doesn’t go 3-4.
I didn’t think I’d like Dani’s story, but I was totally captivated by the book. I especially like the McKeltar. Is it Ian? Gosh, I can’t remember now. I just assumed it was Ryo from Bev’s comment.
I don’t want the McKeltar. He’s got the tortured soul thing going, but I don’t know. At times, he seems whiny. Yeah, he has good reason, but meh. I’m wanting Ryo. Or the one I can’t mention because it’d ruin the Fever set.
I don’t want to say the name as I don’t want to give too much away.
Nope Ryo all the way for me even though he is the biggest a$$.
That’s part of the fun of Iced you don’t know where she is going with Dani.
Had to put Darkhouse down for couple hours. That scene at the gas station when Perry sees her old “friend” and crush? Who does that!?
I am so horrible with names. Who is Ryo? Her brainy friend?
Ryodan one of Barrons group. Owns the club.
I’m horrible with details too. And may read the the last Mac book and Iced before Burn. Its been awhile and now that the two are combined may need a refresher. Or at least a skim/read.
Oh that’s right! She’s got the highlander, the bar-owner, and the geeky friend. Guess, the girl isn’t doing too bad in a post-apocalypse world. Haaa
Bev – it’s been a while, I remember there were three guys all “interested” in Dani in some way – and, somehow, it worked! I know she is like, what? 14 in this book, which should creep me out – but it doesn’t because it’s Dani and it’s KM Moning! Was Ryo the one that said she was going to be something else when she grew up? Like a really spectacular woman or something? Man… I can’t remember, but it was hot!
Bev – you’re starting the Experiment in Terror series? It’s pretty creepy sometimes, but Dex really grows on you. I liked the subsequent books better than the first. But it definitely has the “Sixth Sense I see Dead People” creepy factor!
Yes, a little over 50% and enjoying it.
But I have to admit I wasn’t expecting Den to be so..um…odd?…freaky?
Bev – you will learn to LOVE his freaky little self!!!
Ok I’ve joined in!!! Since I’ve read the 1st thee fever books then got confused I’ve just started with 4 I’m over the weirdness lol
Started Shadowfever. You guys weren’t kidding when you said each book gets better and better, but, but, I skipped ahead in the book, now I’m slapping myself, but I just HAD to know…*now slinking back to where I should be in the book*
Cheryl, I agree each book gets better! I don’t know how you are reading them so fast…. Only up to Faefever…. I can’t believe you skipped ahead! I could never do that! Lol! Great recommendation girls!!!