I’m still in “moving-mode” (to my new house) so I’m still sort of… popping in and out of here (and in and out of my books). But it’s been soooooooo nice to sit and prepare this list and catch up with all of the latest book news. I miss my books and I miss reading for hours, especially considering today’s list. It’s exceptionally awesome looking. Some GREAT looking new releases, and some extremely excited recommendations.
Like… that one up there to the left. Prisoner. Ohhhh ominous cover and OMG THAT BLURB!!! SHE falls for a dangerous prisoner… Eeeeeep! And while I’m on a dark kick, Sociopath and Insidious are BOTH getting great reviews. And then there’s Here With Me (her presumed-dead husband comes back and realizes she’s engaged to his brother *gasp*!!!) and Beholden because it’s the apparently the “relief” to book #1 (Beloved) that freaked some out with a WTF ending! So that must mean I’m gonna love ’em. 😉 Oh and Riot (another bad-guy MC prisoner romance blurb that made me eeeep!). Plus… there are plenty more to peruse, below (including next week’s pre-orders!!)
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these bargain finds and new releases “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Prisoner (Criminals & Captives Book 1) by Skye Warren & Annika Martin <— JUST RELEASED and this is one of my FAV dark authors!!!! Oh WOW!!! That blurb totally jolted me! Eeeeeep!!! “He seethes with raw power the first time I see him—pure menace and rippling muscles in shackles. He’s dangerous. He’s wild. He’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. So I hide behind my prim glasses and my book like I always do, because I have secrets too. Then he shows up in the prison writing class I have to teach, and he blows me away with his honesty. He tells me secrets in his stories, and it’s getting harder to hide mine. I shiver when he gets too close, with only the cuffs and the bars and the guards holding him back. At night I can’t stop thinking about him in his cell. But that’s the thing about an animal in a cage–you never know when he’ll bite.“
- Sociopath: A Dark Romance by Lime Craven <— JUST RELEASED DARK READ!!! This blurb got me when it was still on preorder and it’s finally out! Sounds like WAY too much dark fun and I want in!!! Lauren read it and says: “Just finished Sociopath….I don’t even know what to think right now….total mindf*ck. But in a good way.“
- Here With Me (The Archer Brothers Book 1) by Heidi McLaughlin <— JUST RELEASED!! This is another blurb that got me a couple of days ago when it was still on pre-order! OHHH the angst sounds delicious!!! She thinks her military husband is dead, and eventually falls in love with his brother. BUT!!! He comes back and…”…After serving on a special mission with the military for six years, Evan Archer returns home to find the unthinkable – the love of his life, Ryley Clarke – engaged to his brother, Nate.” <—- *blink blink* WOW!!! And Toski loved it! “This book. OMG. It was just beautiful. Somewhat of a love triangle but with a tragic twist. I absolutely fell head over heels for Evan Archer! MUST read ladies…“
- The Last Glass (The Creatures of Grimmsburg Book 1) by T.M. Lazar <— JUST RELEASED and Michelle recommends it. “This paranormal book released today and it is awesome and I don’t normally read para books.“
- Blood Deep (Blackthorn Book 4) <— JUST RELEASED!! I remember how often this paranormal series was recommended to be a couple of years ago (a few comparing it to BDB!!). Ilsa says: “Maryse, I don’t normally post about books I really dig, but holy hell, I stumbled across a vampire book by a British author Lindsay J. Pryor. It’s layered and deep and riveting and sexy all rolled into one.” (here’s the reading order)
- Fight for Her #2: MMA New Adult Contemporary Romantic Suspense (Uncaged Love) by JJ Knight <— JUST RELEASED!! (so many good review for installment #1, and this series sounds GREAT!). Here is the series reading order.
- Primal: an Overwatch story by Sasha White <— JUST RELEASED (and yesssss the cover got me!) LOL! But this sounds pretty good, too! “There’s no way in hell he could walk past a man hassling a woman in an empty parking lot and do nothing. Only when the confrontation is over and the voluptuous blonde turns eyes filled with desire to him, does Adam realize he’s in trouble.“
- Claimed by You by Melissa Toppen <— JUST RELEASED!! “…when Scarlett agrees to fly across the country to be a bridesmaid in the wedding of her high school best friend, her plan is simple. Get in, get out. Should be easy enough. What Scarlett doesn’t expect is to come face to face with the first man she ever loved. The man who took her innocence and then broke her heart. The man, that to this day, no other man has been able to live up to.“
- Unlocked by H.C. Brown <— JUST RELEASED!! M/M erotica! “When Delano Briggs, BDSM club owner and volunteer firefighter, is called to aid in the evacuation of a burning New York hotel, he thinks it’s just another job…“
- Undertow: New Adult Contemporary Romance (Wunderland Book 1) by Jen Greyson <— JUST RELEASED! “Six single girls. One sexy billionaire bachelor. On water. What could possibly go wrong?” (reality show romance!)
- Falling Star (A Jersey Girl Novel) by Laura DeLuca <— JUST RELEASED FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT! “…she meets a West Coast hunk who has no trouble winning her heart. But Lainey only knows him as Drew, not the Oscar-nominated actor who’s constantly scandalized in the tabloids.“
- I Need You: HarperImpulse New Adult Romance by Jane Lark <— JUST RELEASED (book #3) and it sounds like an angsty love triangle! I tried only skimming the blurb to get an “idea”. 😉
- I Found You: HarperImpulse New Adult Romance by Jane Lark <— here’s book #1… “She’s running from life, he’s running toward it. But compassion urges him to help her. His offer of a place to stay leads to friendship and trouble. There’s his fiancée back home in Oregon and a family who just don’t trust this girl from the wrong side of the tracks.“
- Beholden (The Belonging Duet #2) by Corinne Michaels <— JUST RELEASED and Kandace is very excited about this one! She says: “OMGGGGG! I just saw “Beholden” by Corrine Micheals went live today. If you read the first book Beloved you will understand my excitement because the author was not nice and left us with a WTF ending. I truly loved Jackson and Catherine. I can’t wait to start this one. I believe this is the last one in the series.” and Christy says: “Beholden blew me away!!! Amazing read!”
- Beloved (The Belonging Duet #1) by Corinne Michaels <— and here is book #1!!!! “His training as a Navy SEAL never prepared him for the battle to win her heart. He’s different, honorable, and worth the chance…but he must prove it.”
- Three Rivers (A Gateway to Love Novel Book 1) by Chloe Barlow <— ON SALE! Mourning the loss of her husband and she eventually meets someone. “…she agrees to a no-strings affair with him for the two weeks he’s in town, he swears he’ll walk away when their time is up. Assured she can test the waters of a new life while keeping her vow never to betray her husband’s memory by opening her heart to another, Althea throws herself into the escape Griffen provides her.”
- Heavy: A Contemporary Romance by J. C. Mells <— On sale!! Tattoo artist meets socialite… “…she’s everything Thatch is NOT looking for in a potential soul mate. If he were looking for one at all, that is. California has a secret she’s ashamed of. She perpetuates the media image of party-girl-gone-wild, only because it covers the real and ugly truth.“
- Surviving Us by Erin Noelle <— RECENT RELEASE that I missed just a few days ago. Toski says: “Loved this story. Two survivors. A beautiful NA story about healing and learning to love again” Sounds good! “When Bristol Criswell travels to St. Lucia for an Enduring Life retreat, she hopes to discover encouragement and support from like souls. A vacation fling is the furthest thing from her mind, especially not with a cocky-mouthed, arrogant jerk like Davis McKay…“
- Away (The Keaton Series Book 1) by B.A. Wolfe <— Trisha highly recommends it! “I just finished the sequel to this amazing debut novel. Away is on sale now and Stay was released on Monday, so no need to wait. This is an emotional journey I will never forget, Stay will be with me for a long time. If you are in the mood for a “book that will make you cry”, please ONE-CLICK, and take a chance on this one. I recommend the Keaton Series with tears in my eyes,and a smile in my heart. Loved it! A 5 star debut series for me!“
- Stay (The Keaton Series Book 2) by B.A. Wolfe <— and here’s book #2 that was just released!
- Dead Serious (Hard Rock Roots Book 6) by C.M. Stunich <— Another recent release that I missed, and I know many were following this series!
- Missionary Position (Modern Love Stories Book 3) by Daisy Prescott <— On sale and Kandace recommends it! “A while ago I read ‘Missionary Position’ by Daisy Prescott and really liked it. It’s currently on sale until October 27. This book is really different from the usual. I love it! I found myself reading the entire book with a big smile on my lips. I would highly recommend this story if you need a change up from the dark edge angst books. Daisy’s writing is really witty and the banter between her characters is fantastic. Missionary Position as an “Eat, Pray, Love” with a mix a little “Frenched” by Melanie Harlow vibe to it. I’ve read all this author’s book and PM is hands down my favorite. The pace is a little faster than her previous books.“
- Insidious (Tales From the Dark Side) by Aleatha Romig <— This DARK READ is back on the this list, ’cause our fellow readers are loving it! Clarissa says: “Maryse you have to read Aleatha Romig’s new book Insidious. It is mind blowing. This book is so full of twists and turns that you are on the edge of your seat the whole time. You’ll love it!” and Joy is freaking out! “I just finished Insidious… Have you had a chance to read it yet??? I need therapy!!! I need to talk to someone about this!!! HELP!!!” AND!! Ela just made a support group in the spoiler forum to chat. She says: Anyone reading or read Insidious by Aleatha Romig please join spoiler thread! https://talk.maryse.net/threads/insidious-by-aleatha-romig.5978/ … I NEED ANSWERS!!!!!” <— LOL!!!! 😀
- Bite Me (Bitten Book 1) by C.C. Wood <— sounds like fun (and lots of great reviews)!! Full length book, too! “…I met the beautiful and enigmatic Conner Savage. But there was just one little problem…he said he was a vampire. Figures a man that hot would be batsh!t crazy. Or so I thought. It didn’t take me long to realize that Conner wasn’t a nut job and that I was addicted to him. With every moment we spent together he drew me deeper into his world and the supernatural culture in which he lived. Now I had a choice: the vampire I craved or a normal life. Couldn’t be easier, right?“
- His (A Dark Erotic Romance Novel) by Aubrey Dark <— Dark read that gave me a blurb jolt (released a few days ago), He’s a serial killer! Eeeeeep!! “When I followed him home, I was just playing Nancy Drew. Trying to find out his secret. His kiss was intoxicating, and I thought he was harmless. I was wrong.”
- Riot (Predators MC Book 1) by Jamie Begley <— Another recent release that I missed a few days ago… OOOOOH!!!! This sounds good!! “As a teacher, I’m supposed to want to educate those who want to learn, right? That’s what I believed until I was told I’d have to teach a class at the prison. I didn’t move to a town labeled as one of the safest places in America only to be faced with a bunch of Predators. He expects me to trust him despite being the reason I’m trapped in the middle of a prison riot. His club means more to him than I ever will, and if I give him a chance, he will break the fragile peace I have managed to find. It’s not the first time I’ve had to escape a predator.“
- VAIN – The Complete Series: Part One, Part Two & Part Three by Deborah Bladon <— completed serial series bundled.
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s goodies!!):
- UNBROKEN (Fighter Erotic Romance Book 4) by Scott Hildreth – expected release date October 25th 2014
- Not Quite Dead (A NightHunter Novel) by Stephanie Rowe <— expected release date October 27th 2014
- Exposed by Fate (a Serve novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Tessa Bailey – expected release date October 27th 2014
- Made: A Sempre Novel by J.M. Darhower – expected release date October 27th 2014
- Smiley (New Species) by Laurann Dohner – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Burn for Me: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Prince Lestat: The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice – expected release date October 28th 2014
- All Broke Down: A Rusk University Novel by Cora Carmack <— expected release date October 28th 2014
- Otherworld Nights: An Anthology (An Otherworld Novel) by Kelley Armstrong – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Archangel’s Shadows (Guild Hunter) by Nalini Singh <— expected release date October 28th 2014
- Handled 2 by S.E. Hall & Angela Graham – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Last Light (The Night Owl Trilogy) by M. Pierce <— #1 is one of my favorite books ever (the start of our “stuffed manatee” obsession in fact). Here is my review for Night Owl, and now #2 will be out SO SOON!!!!! THIS MONTH!!! *squeeeeeeee* – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Dark Duet: Platinum Edition (The Dark Duet Book 4) by CJ Roberts – expected release date October 28th 2014 <—– Eeeep! I MUST have this! “For the first time ever ALL the BESTSELLING BOOKS in the DARK DUET series are available in one complete set. The Platinum Edition also includes: 1) The NEW 30,000 word novella DETERMINED TO OBEY, featuring secondary characters Kid, Felipe, and Celia. 2) Eight scorching-hot fan-written Dark Duet short stories hand-selected by the author. 3) CJ’s favorite interviews & Reviews“
- Play with Me (Novella) by Lisa Renee Jones – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Baby, It’s Cold Outside by Jennifer Probst, Emma Chase, Kristen Proby, Melody Anne, Kate Meader – expected release date October 28th 2014
- Anguish (Jokers’ Wrath Book 3) by Bella Jewel <— expected release date October 30th
- Damaging Me (Savor Us Book 2) by Emily Snow <— expected release date October 31st 2014
- DEVIANT by Jaimie Roberts <— Whoa! What a BLURB! – expected release date October 31st 2014
- Cursed: Brides of the Kindred 13 by Evangeline Anderson – expected release date October 31st 2014
- Tall, Silent and Lethal (Pyte/Sentinel Series Book 4) by R.L. Mathewson – expected release date October 31st 2014
- Attraction: (A Temptation Series Stand-alone) (The Temptation Series Book 4) by KM Golland – expected release date October 31st 2014