HAPPY FRIDAY MY FRIENDS!! 😀 Friday’s rock! It’s the start of my reading-weekend marathons (and hopefully this weekend I get to read outside, since it’s finally cooling down, here), plus, I get to gather some of the latest reader recommendations that have come my way. AND I’ve started a new “Friday morning tradition” where I search through books upon books that haven’t heard of yet, read blurbs, and post those that sound like something I’d like to read. Kind of like I used to do, when I’d go to a book store and spend ours reading back covers and making my own pile to take home. I don’t do that as much now that I’m an ebook fiend, but this is the next best thing.
Hrmm… I think I’m going to pull out a few of my old paperbacks and sniff ’em. I DO miss that. 😛
Oh!! And may I just say… the “PRE-ORDER” list below (for this Monday/Tuesday) is to DIE for… (er… “reading-die” for. ;)) HOLY MOLY I don’t even know where to start with it…
What am I reading next… there are at least two below that have me wanting to start them now (like Broken, and Gravity and, Twice in a Lifetime). And don’t even get me started on the plethora of dark reads today. Plus, there are at least three from a list or two ago that I wanna read equally… ahhhh the book choices. Like this one… it’s calling me —> Tell Me You Love Me (Fire Me Up Book 1)…
“Stay. Stay with me. Stay here. Stay close. Stay like this forever. Stay as happy as I am right here in your arms, always.” <— *sigh* That sounds wonderful!!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- 53 Letters For My Lover by Leylah Attar <– MY own personal recommendation of the week. I LOVED this one… beautiful written with so much romantic angst, and deliciously heart-wrenching. Here’s my review!! Read it my friends!!
- Rainfall by Melissa Delport <— Another one of my favorites, this year, and it’s on sale right now!! (my review) and Lee loved it too, saying: “I still can’t talk about it without crying, I fear I may never recover….. It should come with a (mental) health warning!“
- Chains: An MMA Romantic Suspense Novel by Kelli Maine <— author just announced this is the last day for this new release!
- Broken (A Redemption Novel) by Lauren Layne <— RECENT RELEASE that has me excited to try it!!! It’s the one up there to the left. WAR VETERAN ALERT (and scarred, inside and out) —> “Olivia has a secret: helping an injured war veteran reenter society isn’t about charity—it’s about penance. Only, Olivia’s client isn’t the grateful elderly man she’s expecting. Instead, he’s a brooding twenty-four-year-old who has no intention of being Olivia’s path to redemption . . . and whose smoldering gaze and forbidden touch might be her undoing…“
- Monster in His Eyes by J.M Darhower <— LOVED by SO many in our crew, and ON SALE today!!! ‘Cause… book #2…
- Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes Book 2) by J.M Darhower <— will be out on Monday September 29th!!!
- All the Pretty Lies (The Pretty Series Book 1) by M. Leighton <— Stephanie found out this is on sale today! AND…
- All the Pretty Poses (The Pretty Series Book 2) by M. Leighton <— #2 is on sale today!
- Come Dancing by Leslie Wells <— Bev is curious about this one! “Julia blows off steam by going dancing downtown with her best friend, Vicky. One night, a hot British guitarist invites them into his VIP section. Despite an entourage of models and groupies, Jack chooses Julia as his girl for the evening—and when Jack Kipling picks you, you go with it. The trouble is … he’s never met a girl like her before. And she resists being just one in a long line…“
- Not Your Damn Dom (Denial Book 2) <— Wow I like the sound of this one… I shouldn’t have read the blurb yet, though ’cause there’s a book #1 up there, and I found this one first. *oops!!* So now I think I know too much. 😉
- Not Your Damn Submissive (Denial Book 1) <— HERE is #1, and yep… more fun to be had, I think. If done “right”. 😉
- The Exception by Adriana Locke <— RECENTLY RELEASED, and lots of great reviews. Not sure what I’m “getting different” out of that blurb… “Jada Stanley is starting over–freeing herself from her past and all her mistakes. Following the rules she’s given herself is easy enough, until she meets HIM. He’s gorgeous, cocky, and everything she needs to avoid, but that’s easier said than done.” but the reviews look promising.
- Consumed (The Breathless Series Book 1) by Melissa Toppen <— This one sounds pretty good. And I like the cover. Amy (and crew)… let’s have those tonight!! Looks delicious! “Having moved from Vermont to Las Vegas with her boyfriend Grayson, the last thing Addison expected was to come home one day to find all of her belongings packed up in boxes and her eight year relationship over. Heartbroken and lost, Addison finds herself, for the first time, unsure of what the future holds. But a chance meeting with a gorgeous bartender sets her on a path she never expected.” <— Yeah… ’cause there’s “something” about him…
- Uncover Me by Linda Barlow <— sounds like a modern “bodice-ripper”. 😉 “Kidnapped, bound, and ordered to submit, I’m stuck on a sailboat with the sun-bronzed pirate who caught me photographing his antiquities-smuggling operation. He doesn’t want me tagging along any more than I want to be here. But that hasn’t stopped him from finding a use for me.”
- Gravity: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— Oh this one sounds good and kind of deep… “After years of trying unsuccessfully to conceive a child, Gemma Walsh finds her husband in bed with another woman. Unable to face his betrayal, she retreats to Priest Lake where her family owns a small cabin. But Gemma finds that she is not the only one hiding away at the lake to avoid an ugly truth.” Yep… she meets up with an old flame again. “Just when Gemma feels that she has found her second chance at happiness, she is faced with a shocking truth as her reality spirals out of control. She can’t deny the powerful force that brought Andrew back into her life anymore than she can defy the same force that now threatens to pull them apart.” <—- Ooooooooooh. I like the sound of this.
- Twice in a Lifetime (Love Found) by Ruthie Henrick <— Here’s one that looks good!! “Blind date. When Allie and Ben are thrown together to help their friends out of a bind, they find the unexpected – and unwanted – spark of attraction difficult to ignore. Surrendering to it, they marry and live their happyish-ever-after – until Ben’s death reveals a betrayal that rocks Allie’s world. The sidelines. Where Jake has hovered for the past fifteen years, business partners with his best friend, in love with his best friend’s wife..“
- Picked by Jettie Woodruff <— JUST RELEASED and it’s blurb gave me a jolt!! It looks along the lines of… WHOA!!! “I never expected him to be so nice and handsome. I couldn’t be number four. How could any woman love a man with more than one wife? Not only was it impossible, it was ridiculous. There was no way I was getting any closer….” and then… “…Becker Cole’s wives were not the typical, obedient little housewives wearing aprons and submitting to him I had pegged them to be. They were cute, young and full of life. I loved them. All three of them. And somehow, I loved Becker too. Could I swallow the persona that society expected me to be and share him, or was this too much?” <— Yea. That makes me delightfully one-click antsy. 😉
- Voyeur Extraordinaire by Cora Reilly <— JUST RELEASED and tee hee!! “Living in a dank one room apartment and working as a waitress in a shabby bar, Nora didn’t think her life could get any worse. But that’s before sexy-as-hell Adrian Black moves into the apartment across from her bedroom window and she’s caught spying on him having sex. Now he has set his eyes on her…“
- Beautifully Done (Beautifully Awake Book 2) by Riley Mackenzie <— Renee HIGHLY recommends this one! “I just finished Beautifully Done and cried my eyes out…what a beautiful story about love and friendship and LIFE. Maryse you’ll love it!“
- Beautifully Awake by Riley Mackenzie<— So while I’m at it, here’s book #1… “Lili learns that a surgeon’s hands have the power to heal more than physical wounds. And a prescription for truth can cure three years of sleep running and leave you beautifully awake.”
- A Shade of Vampire 8: A Shade of Kiev by Bella Forrest <— JUST RELEASED~~~
- Watch Me Fall by Nora Flite <— JUST RELEASED! DARK READ ALERT! “My dreams are gone, but that’s fine. I could have lived this tiny, broken life. I could have suffered in silence. Until I met her: Noel. God, she’s so alive. She makes me ACHE and I just… I can’t ignore her. So I won’t. Noel thinks she can handle me. Survive me. If she knew the truth—could see into my mind—she’d smarten up and run. I’m so lucky she doesn’t have a clue.” Ruh roh.
- Degradation (The Kane Trilogy Book 1) by Stylo Fantôme <— For those that loved this one… (and SO many did, going by the reviews)… there is now…
- Separation (The Kane Trilogy Book 2) by Stylo Fantôme <— THIS ONE! JUST RECENTLY RELEASED, and lots of great review here, too.
- Disturbed by Ashley Beale <— DARK READ!!!! And a blurb that *oomphed* me!! “The connection was so deep. Real. Rare. Raw. My world was turned upside down by one single look. Then my world shattered. I found out the truth. How could I be in love with a monster?“
- Scars: Book One by Sinden West <— and while i’m in the “dark reads” section… look at this one. ““He was too pretty for what he was. He should have been twisted and deformed so everyone could see what was inside him.” Kidnapped for revenge, Paige is at the mercy of Aaron. What starts as a nightmare, soon turns into a twisted relationship.” GAH! These scare me so bad! And yet…
- Serial by Lily White & Jaden Wilkes <— DARK READ JUST RELEASED!!
- Bad Things by Varian Krylov <— This DARK READ is taking two of our fellow readers by STORM!!! MichelleS and Fabi are going crazy for it! MichelleS: “Now to go and keep reading “Bad Things” (V Krylov)…. it’s so so so so bad….. the kind where you turn off your Kindle if someone looks over your shoulder. But I am hooked… Xavier is one of THE baddest bad boys ever. Ranks right up there with Soren from Original Sinners series… and Caleb from Captive in the Dark. Maybe even a little darker and more sadistic, if you can believe that! I am uncomfortably engaged and blown away by page after page. I’m at love – hate with him right now. And I like that.” and Fabi agrees: “MichelleS, I am in such a fog. I can’t hardly think of anything else. I’m on her 3rd book now. This one is F/M. This woman can write sex like no other. But it’s not just the sex, it’s getting inside these characters and feeling all their joy, fear, horror, acceptance and finally healing that’s really doing it for me. Like many here, I tend to skim heavy sex scenes, they’ve gotten a little old and tired for me. These books are graphic but there is so much more going on than the sex. Gah. I don’t know how to explain it. NO this book and her others are not like TTM. There’s a slight resemblance. But also a strong resemblance to Try. And the one I’m reading now and most of her others are F/M. She just uses sex as the medium to explore deep emotional pain, trauma and heartache. Then she uses it as a medium for healing.” and Fabi goes on to say:
Here is what I think is a good measure of whether you’ll like Bad Things.
If you liked/hated The Tied Man you’ll like/hate Bad Things. It is not so horror inducing but still cringe worthy. If you loved the love story of Try, then Bad Things, and much more so, Dangerously Happy will blow you away.These books all contain elements of Beautiful Disaster, Maybe Someday, Surviving Rain, etc.In fact, I think there is also a strong relation to Surviving Rain. I remember feeling this way with that one too.
- Perfect Summer (The Lone Stars Book 1) by Katie Graykowski <— HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER & NFL STAR ALERT <— Sounds CUTE and has so many SO many awesome reviews. “Clint Grayson is an NFL quarterback in need of a reputation makeover. If he has any hope of landing a hundred million dollar endorsement deal, it will take some pretty impressive PR to clean up his bad boy image. In an attempt to polish his tarnished reputation, Clint agrees to be a high school class mentor…“
- You: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes <— YES YES YES!!!! DARK READ THAT I’m DYING to read!!!!!! <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes Book 2) by J.M. Darhower <— release date September 29th 2014
- Keep Me (Twist Me #2) by Anna Zaires <— release date September 3oth 2014 (DARK READ!!) Here’s my review of book #1 Twist Me.
- Locke (Corps Security Book 6) by Harper Sloan <— So many excited for this one!!! <— release date September 3oth 2014
- FaCade (Deception series Book 1) by Ker Dukey & D.H Sidebottom <— release date September 29th 2014
- Owned By Fate (a Serve novel) (Entangled Brazen) by Tessa Bailey <— release date September 29th 2014
- Reforming the Rock Star (Entangled Indulgence) by Christine Bell <— release date September 29th 2014
- The Understatement of the Year (Ivy Years #3) (The Ivy Years) by Sarina Bowen <— release date September 29th 2014 (here’s my review of book #1: The Year We Fell Down)… So good!
- Rhett in Love by J.S. Cooper <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Rock Courtship: A Rock Kiss Novella by Nalini Singh <— release date September 3oth 2014
- The Resolution of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence Series Book 6) by Jessica Sorensen <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Filthy Beautiful Love (Filthy Beautiful Lies Book 2) by Kendall Ryan <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Dylan (From the Inside Out Book 3) by S.L. Scott <— release date September 29th 2014
- Austin (From the Inside Out Book 4) by S.L. Scott <— release date September 29th 2014
- Surviving Broken (A Mathews Family Novel Book 4) by Beverly Preston <— release date September 29th 2014
- Rockers After Dark: 6 Book Bundle of Sexy Musicians by TONS of authors! It’s a ROCK STAR anthology on pre-order <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Fierce Series – Boxed Set (New Adult Alpha Fighter Romance) by Clarissa Wild <— bundled! <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Handled by Angela Graham & S.E. Hall <— nice cover 😉 <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Priestess Dreaming (An Otherworld Novel) by Yasmine Galenorn <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Chained by Night (The Moonbound Clan Vampires Book 2) by Larissa Ione <— release date September 3oth 2014
- Generation 18: The Spook Squad 2 by Keri Arthur <— release date September 3oth 2014