I’m still recovering from my fantastic latest angsty read (in case you missed it, here’s my book review of The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen) and now I’m in the process of choosing a new read. 😉 I’ve been unable to pick up a new one all week as I drowned my delightful book-angst sorrows in that one, and Sharon is right there with me!
Sharon: Anybody know when books 2 and 3 of The Ground Rules comes out? I was book drunk from #1, I’m Hungover! I need more. IMMEDIATELY. This is the best angsty book I have read in a while. Who do you root for? How does it end? That blurb of book 2 . . . Where is it going? I need to know! NOW!!!! I can’t even pick up another book and I was on such a roll.
I. Know. Sooooooo good. But it’s time and I’m thinking my next one is gonna be Sloth: A Sinful Secrets Novel ’cause the reviews are WAY too good so far, and that blurb gave me an ultimate “blurb-jolt” upon it’s release. They write to each other anonymously, and…
This is how she saves my life. She doesn’t even know it. We’ve never even seen each other. But I need a reason. Just one reason to continue. She becomes mine.
The anonymity is good. She doesn’t need to know me, but I need her kindness. We both live our lives: a letter here, a post card there. For three years, I escape my demons. And then one day I’m pulled back in.
I’ve resigned myself to what I know is coming. Until the girl I’m spanking gives her safe word: Sloth.
And then the lie I’m living starts to unravel.
And yes…. yessssssss I know I just posted my LATEST MAIN TBR list and I need to pick one from that list. But but but!!!! You guuuuuyssssss!!?? How can I resist THIS one?
Nikki: Sloth was absolutely fantastic!!! Best book I’ve read in a longgggg time. I laughed, cried, and wanted to pull my hair out! Could not put it down!!!!!!
Jillian: I think I’m posting this everywhere today! I read Sloth and it’s SOOOO good! I loved it!!
Allison: I read Sloth in 2 days. Was in a total book haze and am now in a book hangover. It gutted me. There’s no better explanation. I highly recommend it!… Sloth is standalone. And yes, I’m gutted. Still recovering. But in a good way. I just can’t stop thinking about it. It’s the kind of book that unfolds in so many layers. Also, the sex is HOT!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Lies In Rewind (Audio Fools Book 2) by Tali Alexander JUST WENT LIVE!!! I can hear “Lee” *squeeeeeeeing” from here. 😛
- Be The One (Crave Book 2) by Nina Levine <— JUST RELEASED ROCK STAR BOOK “Presley Hart wants one thing in life – a man who will make her his number one. After being married to a man who never put her first, she swore she’d never settle for second best again. At least, she thought she wouldn’t…”
- Feels Like a Dream: Dream Series, Book 5 by Isabelle Peterson <– JUST WENT LIVE!!! This series was very loved by Lisa! (series reading order)
- Reprisal (CONTRITE Book 2) by Kathy Coopmans <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! Lauren reminds us of this one! “FYI….I know A LOT of us read & loved Contrite by Kathy Coopman….well, book 2, Reprisal (Contrite book 2) came out today!!”
- CONTRITE by Kathy Coopmans <— And here’s #1! Oh I REMEMBER the blurb for this one!!! Her husband is hiding something… “Clove Calloway knows within an hour of picking up her husband Turner from the airport that something is different, yet she can’t pinpoint what. Together since college, they know everything about each other… so why has she spent the last few days watching everything he does, hoping for a clue? What could have happened within the week he was gone?“
- Moment in Time: a New Adult Romance (Summer House Series Book 1) by Lisa Mondello <— JUST RELEASED!! SOUNDS LIKE A TEARJERKER ALERT! She’s in remission and he’s on temporary leave from the military to heal… “He didn’t count on meeting a girl like Jenna whose thirst for life made him break out of the walls he’d so carefully constructed around himself. And once he realized she had his heart, he knew he never wanted to let her go. And then fate stepped in…“
- Steady by Nicole Tillman <— JUST RELEASED!! GHOST STORY ROMANCE OR WILL IT BE SCARY?!! I can’t figure it out… Okay, so she survives a heart transplant and moves away to start again, and a game of Ouija board has her waking up to a ghost in her house (his name is Jake). “Bree tries to brush off his existence and heads off to the lake for a vacation with her friends. There she meets Jason ‘Jay’ Bryson, a charming, intelligent, and lively man who bears a striking resemblance to Jake. As the summer stretches out before them, Bree finds herself falling for Jay – all while Jake is falling for her.“
- Taming the Beast (The Fairy Tales of New York Book 3) by Lucy King <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Chasing Shade by Sommer Marsden <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE’S STARTING OVER FROM A VIOLENT PAST & HE’S HOMELESS… “Betsey’s trying to recover from a violent past that’s still haunting her. Paying emotionally for something she’s never done. She’s created a small safe life. Archie’s homeless, jobless, living on the road and clueless as to where he’s going. Until a hair piece and gas station directions leads him to her…“
- BLINK by Caroline Easton <— JUST RELEASED!!! His parents are dead and he’s wanting to raise his little brother and she’s a race car driver that got into a bad accident… “leaving her locked inside her own body, all but switched off to the outside world. When Flynn and Harper’s world’s collide the sparks begin to fly, but each one holds a secret they don’t want to share.“
- One to Chase (One to Hold Book 7) by Tia Louise <— JUST RELEASED!! “A courtesy meeting with one of the top lawyers in the city should be a boost to her career… Until the polished green-eyed player turns out to be the same irresistible “random” she hooked up with at a friend’s wedding in Wilmington. Bonus: He’s the brother of her older brother’s new wife. What the hell?!”
- Delusive by Courtney Lane <— JUST RELEASED & SHE’S OUT FOR REVENGE! “Unbeknownst to him, there is more to me than I will ever show him. He will know exactly who I am when it’s too late–when I’m done with him...” BUT!!! Tables are turned when… “I’ve become his obsession. He won’t stop exerting control over me until I’ve become his exclusive possession. How can so many things go wrong and feel so right?”
- The Fall and Rise of Kade Hart: A Hart Brothers Novel by A. M. Hargrove <— JUST RELEASED!! He’s a drug addict, and she’s hiding from someone that wants to kill her… “…she makes me want to be the kind of man who can protect her, who can save her. But I’m not sure I’m that guy. I’m no one’s hero.“
- The Gentleman Mentor by Kendall Ryan <— SUPER-BARGAIN DOM ALERT! “I’m training her for another man, and that fact guts me every time I think of it. I know she’s not mine … but part of me won’t accept that.”
- Lady of Light and Shadows (The Tairen Soul Book 2) by C.L. Wilson <— Tessa is LOVING this series (it seems everyone who reads it goes CRAZY for it). She says: “Still reading Lady of Light and Shadows. Ugh, my tummy twists every time I see bad things happening. I keep wanting to yell at the characters on who to trust or stop being a greedy, power hungry jerk. Yep, it’s that good.” Yep. I’m missing out…
- King by T.M. Frazier <— Back on the list ’cause MichelleS just went crazy for it! “OH.MY.GOD. I just finished King. Been marathon reading. Could not put it down. 5 stars for me. Reminds me of exactly how I felt when I first read M. Sheehan’s Undeniable, except more, I think. When is book two coming out already? He’s bad. bad. bad. bad. And she’s lost. lost. lost. lost. And they just EXPLODE when they are together. You just have to read it. AMY – this is your book for sure. Gritty, but awesome.” *sigh* Poop. Now I wanna read THIS one next. 😀 and Marit’s not helping me at all by saying: “Not read KING? *gasp* :p I’m telling you girl, this is the book of the year !!!!!! But know the feeling with too many books “
- Lily of the Springs by Carole Bellacera <— Paula recommends this one saying: “I am readying Lily of the Springs by Carole Bellacera, only 99p. The first line had me hooked – ‘I knew my marriage was in trouble the night my husband brought home a streetwalker to teach me how to satisfy him’ – I am really enjoying it and would recommend it.” <— *oooomph!!!*
- Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley <— MichelleS found out that this BIKER BOOK is on super-bargain!!! I loved it! (here’s my review)
- Unexpected Fate (Hope Town Book 1) by Harper Sloan <— Lauren found us this super bargain! “Unexpected Fate by Harper Sloan. It’s the Corps Security spinoff featuring the kids of the Corps Security guys. I’ve been waiting for it to go down.”
- When We Collide by A.L. Jackson <— Sally found is this super-bargain! “Maryse and ladies , one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES is on sale right now!! If you haven’t read this yet pick it up ladies! The writing, the characters, the story ALL flawless! AL Jackson’s When We Collide.”
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- Four Week Fiancé by Helen Cooper – June 23rd 2015
- Breaking Stars: The Celebrity Series by J. Sterling – expected release June 29th 2015
- When You’re Back: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 12) by Abbi Glines – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Better When He’s Brave: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Ride Steady (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Insider (Exodus End World Tour Book 1) by Olivia Cunning – expected release date June 30th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Well, you’re making me want to read Sloth next! How are you ever going to pick? All I can say is that King is giving me a serious book hangover, but you have to be in the mood for something like that, you know? If you are not in the mood for M. Sheehan type feel, then save it for when you are, because it’s even better than that. But it does have a cliffhanger. A doozy too. Makes you want book two in your hands pronto. At least Sloth is a stand alone.
Finished Ground Rules yesterday and jumped into Sloth! Loved Ground Rules and can’t wait for book 2.
I want Ride Steady. That’s my Tuesday read. Shout out if anyone else is. Never buddy read a KA, might be fun.
I grabbed Fan Girl the other day. I’m not sure I can hold off of King & Ground Rules.
Knock. On. Wood. I want a reading weekend. No interruptions. I want to really delve in to The Rose Garden. She just arrived in Cornwall at an old house with lots of smuggler doors. It was a place she would visit as a child. It feels like it Will be very atmospheric.
It’s also making me want to re read Rebecca.
Another amazing list – clickity click I go!
I am readying Lily of the Springs by Carole Bellacera, only 99p. The first line had me hooked – ‘I knew my marriage was in trouble the night my husband brought home a streetwalker to teach me how to satisfy him’ – I am really enjoying it and would recommend it.
I’m always behind the times and so had not seen this yet. Amazing. Wish i could move and express myself like that. How freeing does it look?
Just in case you haven’t scroll down to #8 and watch.
MichelleS I am ALWAYS in the mood for a Madeline Sheehan-type feel. SO King it is? GAH!!! HELP ME! LOL!
Maryse, don’t forget about Jezebel in the midst of this week’s bookgasms. 😉 That. Freaking. Ending. I was REELING. Even if it seems slow at parts and even if you think you have things figured out, stick with it! The ending will have you saying WTF, even if you don’t ever say that, LOL!!
Read Sloth!!! Holy Batman – it was soooooo good. I laughed, cried, cringed, tapped nervously, prayed, and so much more. I couldn’t stop reading and trying to guess the big secret. I was wrong, oh so wrong, but hung on to every word until the end to know how it ended up. Favorite read in a long while! I don’t even know if I can start something else right away, although that’s a lie, because I definitely will 😛 Just trying to figure out what’s next… Can’t wait to see what you think of Sloth, Maryse!
Started reading Sloth again last night, and this time I’m more into it. The writing is good and trying to figure out where this is going and what it’s really about makes it hard to put down. 🙂
Love in Rewind sequel, Lies in Rewind by Tali Alexander is supposed to come out today….but I’ve been obsessively stalking SINCE MIDNIGHT & so far…..nothing. I NEED it NOW!!!!!!
Amy, doesn’t look like Jezebel is back on amazon kindle. Is this one of the books you have on GR?
FYI….I know A LOT of us read & loved Contrite by Kathy Coopman….well, book 2, Reprisal (Contrite book 2) came out today!!
I’ve now watched that video 2……..3 times, lol. It’s amazing.
Downloaded The Ground Rules. Dun. Dun dun.
Bev, wow he’s amazing! Had to laugh about the Game plan teaser- can’t wait for that book. 😉
Bev i grabbed Fan Girl too! And i also loved Rebecca!
Oh wow, and now I just feel dumb…I forgot it wasn’t on Amazon for whatever reason. But yes, I DO have it on my GR list! 😀
That video…how graceful is he? At 1:14 is how I feel when there’s a CH. 😛 And from 2:39 to 2:50 is me when I ugly cry from a book…minus the pelvic thrust, that is. 😉
Thanks for sharing the link, Bev! I was cracking up from some of that stuff. Her commentary was hilarious!!
LIES IN REWIND BY TALI ALEXANDER IS LIVE … AND HOLY SHIZZZZ BATMAN ITS 99 FRIGGIN CENTS!!!
I am over the moon!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH
There are just too many books!!! I swear I will be in a book coma well past the summer! I can think of worse ways to go though. Right now totally into Texas Summer by Leslie Hachtel, I highly recommend it! lesliehachtel.com is her site. I have several to follow, I can do this!!!
Lauren and Lee, is Lies in Rewind a continuation from the first book or is it one of those new book-new couple sort of thing?
Lee, I’m so happy for you!
DianeM, I’m kind of excited about Fangirl. The MC s had a cameo in Landline.
Rebecca so good.
Cheryl, it said this year, so yay us!
Amy, “minus pelvic thrusting” please do that whole part of the dance next ugly cry. Dance it out, Amy. Dance it out.
And then come back and tell us your husband’s reaction.
Oh, but that story.about the house, creepy, creepy, creepy. Seriously. Creepy.
The Supreme Court Ruling, completely wonderful!
Was Landline good? Maybe i’ll try that one too, probably going to start Fan girl asap
Totally agree! Amazing ruling, so proud
Bev.. i seriously started shaking my Kindle while dancing around my house!! BHAHAHAHHA!!
Amy, different stories.. Love in Rewind ( Emily and Louis) Lies in Rewind ( Sara and Liam)
LET’S DANCE GUYS!!! Whooooop whooop!! I have a date with Liam Knight and he is British!! Boooyaaaahhh!!!
Maryse.. you could .. err.. making me dance even more and squeal even louder.. if you picked Love in Rewind as your book to read .. and it IS in your TBR list.. (in a way.. the peanut list Tots count) 😛 😛 😛
Come on guys… lets all be the Rewind team… let the new kid pick the book!!! #puhhhlease #LetsmakeLeehappy
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
Elicit (eagle elite 4) by Rachel van Dyken 1.99
Ember (eagle elite 5) 1.99
Elude (eagle elite 6) preorder .99 will go up after release
Bang Bang (eagle elite) FREE
Bev – I’ll buddy read Ride Steady with you. I’ve had it pre-bought for months! I will put down whatever I am reading on Tuesday to read that one.
I agree – bravo Supreme Court! Long overdue, IMHO.
I am tackling my TBR list – Fate Book 2. I loved the first one, so why do I wait when the sequels come out? I’m so weird…..
Bahahahahaha!!!! OMG Bev… *snort* No dancin’ though until the ta-tas are better. 😉 “Dance it out” *giggle*
And then I see Lee’s post…woo-hoo!!! She has as much energy as me!! 😀
How did i miss that?? BEVVVVVVVVVVV Im in!!!
RIDE STEADYYYYYYY … Tuesday is a DATE!!!
MichelleS…I do the same thing sometimes with sequels – ahem, Grey 😉 – or even books that I KNOW will be great ’cause of all the love they get around here. *cough* OntheIsland *cough*
MichelleS & Lee YAY!! Fun.
So came on earlier still in my book funk got the magic words “M Sheehan ” started king and BAM bus!? Only joking *snort* <– friends dork. Anyway can't put it down!!! Already on chapter 15! I totally get what you all mean though like u really shouldn't like them because they are psychotic but u can't help it!
Amy, this is the author’s response to my email when Love In Rewind first was released. “LOVE IN REWIND is an interconnected standalone, it’s Emily & Louis’ story. Which means you can read it alone and it will have an ending. The next book will be interconnected to LOVE IN REWIND with similar characters but book II in the AUDIO FOOLS series is Sara’s (Emily’s BFF) love story.”
Just finished Lily of the springs – loved it. Can’t read anymore today – eyes can’t take it! Will choose my next one tomorrow morning and check back here for recommendations!
KING KING KING
There seems to be a lot of love for King – was nervous of the cliffhanger – is it brutal?
I have already preordered book 2 – u know just to be safe!
I’m LOVING Ground Rules btw 😉 The book is making me jealous!!! And totally hot! I’m diving into Sloth next :p You are obviously going crazy about it, so I guess It’s worth it 😉
Paula, I’ts a little bit brutal 😮 But you have Ground Rules and Sloth to keep you busy while we are waiting for number two 😉 But you have to read KING! :p My absolute favourite this year!!! 😉 You’re gonna love it! 😉
Sloth, King, Sloth, King . . . I.CANNOT.DECIDE!!!! Sloth then King!
I just HAD to buy Steady by Nicole Tillman…I’m thinking Ground Rules is coming up next…It took me 4 days to finish Grey I’m not sure what that means lol
Oh geeez .. tots forgot to ask.. anyone read about the pregnant lady and the marine? that we were talking and it was on sale last week-ish ??
When You Make it Home?? (forgot the name of the author)
FABU-LOUS!!!! 5 HUGE Stars for me!!! DA FEELS!!!
I can’t find Amy on Good reads! ARGH! Where’d that post go? Anyoo – find me Amy, on GR – look under Bev or Fabi or Jean and you will see me – Michelle S (which my whole last name cause I’m an idiot like that!)
Yes Yes Yes!!!
Captive Prince Vol. 3 has a release date! Yes, lol.
This time i think i will definitely have to do a re read of the first 2. Its been awhile. They are so very very good ladies. Really.
I think Fabi, Tessa, & the Michelles would like them.
Oh, and I’m not the Bev on GR. Not on GR at all. You ladies probably know that but just wanted to say.
I will MichelleS…it’s Amy_NM, by the way. 😉
Kim, I’ve been wondering how people are liking Grey. Not much has been said here so maybe you’re not alone with it not being unputdownable?
“the Michelles” Lol, haven’t heard that in a while…
Amy – that’s a great way to put it. I could put it down and do other things but I didn’t have any desire to start another book until I finished it. It started slowly for me and then picked up.
Lauren, is Reprisal the conclusion to Contrite? I remember reading the blurb too and wanting to read it until I discovered there was going to be a book 2. Didn’t want to accidentally read any spoilers looking at reviews trying to figure this out. 🙂
Well, great! Now I put in a friend request to some random Bev? What if she likes biographies or something?? Gasp!
Claiming Addison: 69 Bottles #1 by Zoey Derrick is free right now!
I can find Bev under GR? Where?
Oh, boy, I don’t type fast enough. I’ve been fooled! *grins*
Bev, what Captive Prince?
MichelleS, lol. So….um…I like biographies. Have a big one sitting in my library pile right now. Just not sure I’ll get it read before i have to return it.
Tessa I think she is Fabi’s friend, maybe? Someone from here.
Please help me decide…
Sloth or King?!?!?!?!
I can’t decide.
Tessa, kind of interesting. When i read them they were Captive Prince Vol.1 & Captive Prince Vol. 2 by S.U. Pacat. Now it’s Captive Prince & Prince’s Gambit by C.S. Pacat.
When I read them I think they were indie and now it looks like they are under Berkley. Price jump too. Ouch.
A few blogs I read went crazy over them. I ended up reading them pretty much back to back in one sitting.
I think I have Captive Prince in my tbr but haven’t read it yet.
I’m still listening to Grey. Listened to a chunk of it yesterday and I was going to mention how surprised I was that it’s giving me butterflies. I mean, I already know why Grey is/was a d#@k, so why is he making me so nervous in Grey? I REALLY didn’t like him in 50 Shades 1. I’m hoping that later in the book his perspective is going to make him more lovable.
I’ve had company. Game night (soccer) at my house, so no opportunity to read yet. It seems like the top 3 favorites right now all have cliffhangers and I’m not in the mood for a cliffy. So I don’t even know what I’ll start tonight. I have to wait until 7-5 for SoT. Maybe I’ll knock out one I have on loan from booklending. Then there’s Throb an Beat. Plus tomorrow’s favorites list. Sheesh, it gets a bit overwhelming sometimes. hahaha
Stella!!! You have to read KING 😉 I’m starting Sloth soon. Will tell you what I think when I’m done :p Enjoy the KING ride 😉
I was just going to glance at it. Now it’s 330 and I’m still reading Fangirl. I swear she has magic. Good thing tomorrow is Saturday.
There is something about this line that just kills me,
“I wonder….,”she said, “if there was such a thing as time machines, would anyone ever use them to go to the future?”
Maryse, I read Down the Rabbit Hole. Always liked Holly best. This does not put Hef in a good light. It read like a PG version of one of our controlling Alphas…if the A was old enough to be their grandfather. If you were a GND fan this is a great read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finished Beat last night and, LOVED it!
Started Ground Rules this morning even with a looming CH…..guys, it is unputdownable!! Sucked me right in. The writing style is amazing!
Stella I recommend Sloth. I didn’t start King because it is book 1 and I think book 2 isn’t released until august. I don’t do well with cliffhangers or incomplete series. 😉
Stella – I’m 60% in to Sloth and can’t put it down. I need to see where this goes! King will be next though.
I’m happy to hear that you like Sloth, Tracy 😉 I have just started it and I love the letters in the beginning 🙂 Three awesome reads in row!! KING, Ground Rules and now Sloth! Thank you Maryse and everyone else for sharing great reads!! You make my day!! 🙂
The Ground Rules is responsible for me not going to bed until 4am. Sleep is overrated, right? I really enjoyed it. I had to know what was going to happen, couldn’t possibly put it down…and then, bam, end of book, and me swearing at my kindle at 345am. *sigh*
King is next for me, then I think I’ll go for Sloth.
I have NOTHING to do all weekend, but read, it’s gonna be glorious! Will try and find you guys on Goodreads too…
Personally, I’m super excited for Priest by Sierra Simone on Monday.
I think this will be a lost day of reading for me too! Marit – check back and let us know how you are liking Sloth. Ground Rules and Sloth have been 5 stars for me.
Amy – I have Jezebel on my TBR and did find it on IBooks. I may grab it there but I prefer to read on the Kindle app.
Grey, I could hardly tear myself away from Ground Rules morning, but needed to get some stuff done! It is sooooo good! Can’t wait to get back to it and I know my stomach and heart are going to be torn apart!!!
Want to start Sloth next…. I love that we have all these great books available right now! And yes I am looking forward to Priest too!!!!
I am soooooo jealous of y’all…I have so much going on this weekend and won’t be able to read much, and you ladies are all reading the bestest of books and going NUTS over them!! It’s looking like the CHs might be worth the freak out I’ll have with King, Sloth and Ground Rules…what are y’all doing to me here?!?
Tracy…I know, I’m so used to reading on my Kindle app that reading in any other format just feels odd. 😕 But if that’s the only way to read Jezebel right now then I say go for it! I love books where I think I have things figured out, maybe I’m even a little bored with it *because* I think I know where things are going, and then ba-BAM! Blind. Sided.
I have a couple of beta reads to do – think I will then give King a go and brave the cliffhanger….
This one I wanted a bit more at the end. I was so into it I kept trying to turn the page, lol. Though I guess in a way I had more because I saw them for a bit in Landline. So, any who read Fangirl, I think it’s interesting what her next book will be. Out in October. That’s going to be a good month for me with a new Lisa Kleypas historical novel coming out too.
Finished Lady of Light and Shadow and OMG, so good. So much suspense and eepness! Serious eeps. There’s no question why MichelleS said it was her favorite. It’s just so angsty and good.
Oh yeah loved king!!!! The ch is killer though I wish the second was out now! Well back to the book funk!
I’m still catching up on last season’s GOT and have to say I really hate that one scene between Cersei and Jamie. Not quiet how it was in the book and does such a bad turn to the storyline built for him.
Just finished King…loved it. Would recommend…. For sure. Can’t wait for the next one.
Just finished Sloth. I loved it and the suspense of what was going on and the epilogue *sigh* I read one paragraph at a time keeping the rest covered with my hands because I was afraid to get to the part letting me know which way it ends, if that makes any sense.
Now I think I need something less suspenseful and sad and more lighthearted… don’t think that’s King or Ground Rules. 😉
I’m 30 percent into Slot! What a mystery this book is!! 😉 But I can’t get enough of it. I don’t understand much yet, but I like the characters and the writing. Hot! 😉
You’re so fast Bev!! I’m loving Fan girl and I’m sure I’ll be reading Carry On too
DianeM, I’m a bit on the slow side when it comes to reading speed. I just read all night.
I think it is cool she is actually going to write Simon & Bas. I just find that so interesting.
Where are you at?
Page 90, she’s at the Starbucks Levi works at. Very cool that she’s doing that! I love how Cath is this secret fanfic author! So far I like this as much as E&P
Oh. My. God. King was unbelievable! *eeep!*
What a CH… wow. It was incredible! Incredible, I say!! *Throws a bag of peanuts in the air* I’m struck speechless, the end… omg… yeah, definitely recommend!
Reagan made me laugh. Her heroes are so interesting. They are usually far from typical looking and, honestly, I just adore them.
I been on a reading binge lately. I read Sloth and loved it. The only think I hated was reading it on a kindle paperweight, the letters they wrote back and forth were a bit hard to read. But whatever. One point gave me such an ugly cry my dog actually looked at me with a WTF expression.
Bev they change so much in GOT I kept saying that’s not in the book! That’s not supposed to happen! And they miss out something completely which is supposed to be a big part in the book so I don’t know how they are going to work that out? I really wish we had the next book before the TV series
Told you so, Grey 😉 I’m glad that you read it and LOVED it. Now we just have to wait for the second one 😮 I’m reading Sloth now, Steph! I’m getting myself ready for the ugly cry 😉
Told you so, Grey 😉 I’m glad that you read it and LOVED it. Now we just have to wait for the second one 😮 I’m reading Sloth now, Steph! I’m getting myself ready for the ugly cry 😉
So, last nights lack of sleep was due to Sloth… **it hurts** oh man, it is so deliciously twisted, not at all what I was expected. What a wonderful reading weekend it has been. Another Kellan **squee**
I am about 65% done, I will finish today! I don’t know what I will start after that, Priest comes out tomorrow…
Speaking of nonfiction, I just started Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy by Karen Abbott. It always surprises me that at that first battle civilians went to watch as entertainment. Just hard to process that decision.
So far really good, though not far in. I’ll be reading it in chunks here and there.
Wow LOVING Sloth!
King and Sloth loaded for my next reads…can’t wait!
Anyone read Stalker by Clarissa Wild?
The Rose Garden is turning into a great lazy Sunday read. I’m definitely grabbing another of hers next I’m at the library. I keep thinking this may be a good audible read, though I don’t really do those. Just bases on the narrator’s voice.
Reflecting on how magical Cornwall seemed to her as a child.
“I’d been sure there were fairies concealed in the soft nodding bluebells that peered from the grass of the verge, and I’d trodden with care so as not to disturb them.Each stir of the breeze through the leaves had, to my childish ears, seemed to carry a faint lilting music, not meant for the grown-ups, that beckoned me on. I had often imagined the tunnel of trees was the doorway to fairyland, and I’d been certain that one day I’d step out the other side into some wonderful place.”
Maryse, from your Facebook post blurb I see above, if no one has mentioned it yet, a rec for similar books to My Name is Memory would be MichellS’s favorite Roam series.
Been reading a great book all day! Never let You Go by Kate Regnery!!!! So, so great! Can’t put it down! I am so impressed with this author and loved Vixen and the Vet! I think someone here read it and liked it too???
Ummm Bev, my reply comment was supposed to be on the favorites thread. omg I’m such a dingbat sometimes.
Thanks Jean, I’m downloading a sample!
Fabi, I do that too. Sometimes just because it is easier, lol.
Jean, what fairy tale is this one?
I liked in Vixen that it was a real injury and not easily made better, though hard to read. And that he had a reason with that and the towns reactions(grr!).
I think it’s Hansel and Gretel…am I right, Jean? That one has been getting all kinds of love on here! 😀
Oooh, is it a childhood friends/sweetheart type? I love those! Lol, I guess I could read the blurb.
Yeti Hansel and Gretel…sooo good!!!
I started King on Friday and stayed up until 3am saturday morning reading it before I made myself go to sleep because I had to be up early Saturday. I finished it saturday afternoon. The CH had me saying, EXCUSE ME!!! WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?!
When does book two come out?!
Cheryl & Tracey, I’m almost 1/2 way through Sloth and I can’t put it down. What is going on?! When will the answers come??? Is this book going to make me cry???
I hope not.
Finished Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas. It’s the second book of the Throne of Glass series. Seriously if anyone likes Fantasy, read this series! It’s insanely good.
That series is sitting in my top ten tbr. Glad to hear its so good.
Stella!!!! I told you so 😉 I’m really glad that you loved it as much as I did 🙂 I think we have to wait until August before the second book is coming. I’m also 50 percent into Sloth and I don’t understand a thing. I’m SO confused!? I feel crazy! But I like it 😉
I’m like 70% into Sloth and it’s starting to make a little more sense…BUT sooooo many secrets!
It’s making me crazy too & I can’t stop reading it! I can’t put it down because I HAVE to know!!!
Let me know what you think when you finish it.
30% in to King and loving it! Wish my train journey was longer so I could carry on reading but I have to work now! Roll on lunch time
I will let you know when I’m finished, Stella!! 😉 Happy reading to you too. This is soooo exciting 😀
KING is sooooo good, Paula 😉 You are so lucky to have so much of the book left. Enjoy it!
I’m with Fabi….. think I need to wait for book 2 of King before reading it. But planning on reading Sloth this holiday weekend especially with everyone gushing about it here…. I have a nice 6-day weekend planned starting Wednesday night and looking forward to it!!
Oh that comment of mine above should say “Yep” not yeti….lol!!!
Finished Sloth. I seem to be saying this a lot, but wow! One of the best books I’ve ever read…like ever!
Now… I’m onto Priest… *rubs hands together gleefully* I’m ready for some dark angst…
Best book ever Grey??? Wow!!!!
Keep me updated on Priest…. Really curious about that one!
Fabi, it is that good. I really want to read her Court of Thorns and Roses now, since she originally wrote this one when she was 16. I can’t imagine what she wrote after she matured. It’s gotta be good, and I think it was MichelleS who read Court of Thorns and said it was even better.
Wait just a cotton pickin’ minute! Court of Thorns? I haven’t read it – but now I want to. I just read the reviews. I bet it was “the other Michelle” – she loves fantasy too. Do I have to read something else first? Because I am ready to start after reading the amazon blurb!!!!
Sloth is the “best book ever”? Oh man. You guys are killing me. Tomorrow is KA day, so that is a given, right Bev? Then what? Go back to Accidentally on Purpose (I gotta tell you, that 3 book bundle is overwhelming when you look down at your progress and it’s only at 11%!!). Start this new fantasy find (Court of Thorns & Roses)… or go directly to Sloth??? ARGH…. good thing it’s summer and I have all night and day. But I swore I’d get my closet cleaned out and organized. I see a messy closet in my future.
Oh, it wasn’t you who recommended Court of Thorn and Roses. Currently I’m on her first series, Throne of Glass is the first one. Alright, now I have to find who read both and said Court of Thorns was better!
Ali! She recommended it. (What can I say? MichelleS gives really good fantasy recommendations. 😀 )
Maybe not best book ever… but definitely the best book I’ve read in 2015 so far. And that’s pretty high praise from me, being as though I just got done gushing over King and The Ground Rules this past weekend as well… *tosses peanut*
Jean, figured that’s what you meant. Though there was a second I thought, there is a yeti?? That’s interesting.
MichelleS, most definitely on KA. Have some commutes so so stretches of reading time.
Lol, it does get confusing on who read and rec’d what.
Haven’t seen Michelle around in awhile.
It does! Especially when there are some really good recs that a person mentions in passing. Though, Throne of Glass is not as good as Fading Lands. That series is insane for fantasy. Still, I’d say on par with quite a few I adore, like Codex Alera by Jim Butcher or Fabi’s recommendation The Warded Man.
Oh, best part? No *beeeeep* shire.
Michelle went on vacation right after MichelleS did. *grins* She must still be enjoying it.
Blood Trinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon???? .99$ today…… Not my normal genre but looks good! Feedback anyone??
It was alright. It was not my favorite from her, honestly. Most with Dianna Love are a little less than her normal work. Sherrilyn Kenyon is a much higher standard for me. So what’s good with another author can be a huge disappointment from her. This was one of those disappointments.
Coming in out of left field…’cause…that’s what I do right?
I just finished For Real by Alexis Hall. I was blown away. 5+++ stars, book fog. Brilliant writing combined with a powerful, heartfelt romance in an unusual portrayal of m/m BDSM. This isn’t your standard, violent dom/sub story. This is romance at its finest. Romance that blurs the lines, crosses boundaries and leaves you breathless.
For awhile I couldn’t read enough SK. When that whole pnr/uf boom happened. But then she kind of jumped the shark, for me.
It was one of the tiger books. He walks into a room expecting to see his girlfriend and sees another tiger instead. He thinks his father ate his girlfriend. I’m not sure if it was suppose to be dark or funny but to me just seemed ridiculous.
MichelleS, it’s not an ongoing trilogy (different characters/POVs in each book) so you won’t have to read them back to back. 😉
Jean…six days of reading?!? Lucky!!!
“He thinks his father ate his girlfriend.” <——– OMG!! *snort*
Bev, I totally remember that scene. hahaha
Lol. I just couldn’t grasp what the tone of that scene was suppose to be.
So, I finished Sloth at 4am…
And all I can say is WOW, that was intense.
Dare I say that I enjoyed it more than King?! YES, I LOVED IT!
Sloth struck a chord with me. Not a book that I’ll be able to forget.
If you haven’t read it yet, check it out!
Finished King and loved it! That prologue for the second one was just too teasing! On to Sloth!
Stella!!!! Really!?!? OMG 😉 I guess the last 30 % did a lot for you. I’ve been away all evening so i couldn’t read too much today. But I’m finishing it this week. Better Than KING?? Is that possible. Do I want that? I loved King. *squeeeee*