I’m still recovering from my fantastic latest angsty read (in case you missed it, here’s my book review of The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen) and now I’m in the process of choosing a new read. 😉 I’ve been unable to pick up a new one all week as I drowned my delightful book-angst sorrows in that one, and Sharon is right there with me!
Sharon: Anybody know when books 2 and 3 of The Ground Rules comes out? I was book drunk from #1, I’m Hungover! I need more. IMMEDIATELY. This is the best angsty book I have read in a while. Who do you root for? How does it end? That blurb of book 2 . . . Where is it going? I need to know! NOW!!!! I can’t even pick up another book and I was on such a roll.
I. Know. Sooooooo good. But it’s time and I’m thinking my next one is gonna be Sloth: A Sinful Secrets Novel ’cause the reviews are WAY too good so far, and that blurb gave me an ultimate “blurb-jolt” upon it’s release. They write to each other anonymously, and…
This is how she saves my life. She doesn’t even know it. We’ve never even seen each other. But I need a reason. Just one reason to continue. She becomes mine.
The anonymity is good. She doesn’t need to know me, but I need her kindness. We both live our lives: a letter here, a post card there. For three years, I escape my demons. And then one day I’m pulled back in.
I’ve resigned myself to what I know is coming. Until the girl I’m spanking gives her safe word: Sloth.
And then the lie I’m living starts to unravel.
And yes…. yessssssss I know I just posted my LATEST MAIN TBR list and I need to pick one from that list. But but but!!!! You guuuuuyssssss!!?? How can I resist THIS one?
Jillian: I think I’m posting this everywhere today! I read Sloth and it’s SOOOO good! I loved it!!
Allison: I read Sloth in 2 days. Was in a total book haze and am now in a book hangover. It gutted me. There’s no better explanation. I highly recommend it!… Sloth is standalone. And yes, I’m gutted. Still recovering. But in a good way. I just can’t stop thinking about it. It’s the kind of book that unfolds in so many layers. Also, the sex is HOT!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Lies In Rewind (Audio Fools Book 2) by Tali Alexander JUST WENT LIVE!!! I can hear “Lee” *squeeeeeeeing” from here. 😛
- Be The One (Crave Book 2) by Nina Levine <— JUST RELEASED ROCK STAR BOOK “Presley Hart wants one thing in life – a man who will make her his number one. After being married to a man who never put her first, she swore she’d never settle for second best again. At least, she thought she wouldn’t…”
- Feels Like a Dream: Dream Series, Book 5 by Isabelle Peterson <– JUST WENT LIVE!!! This series was very loved by Lisa! (series reading order)
- Reprisal (CONTRITE Book 2) by Kathy Coopmans <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! Lauren reminds us of this one! “FYI….I know A LOT of us read & loved Contrite by Kathy Coopman….well, book 2, Reprisal (Contrite book 2) came out today!!”
- CONTRITE by Kathy Coopmans <— And here’s #1! Oh I REMEMBER the blurb for this one!!! Her husband is hiding something… “Clove Calloway knows within an hour of picking up her husband Turner from the airport that something is different, yet she can’t pinpoint what. Together since college, they know everything about each other… so why has she spent the last few days watching everything he does, hoping for a clue? What could have happened within the week he was gone?“
- Moment in Time: a New Adult Romance (Summer House Series Book 1) by Lisa Mondello <— JUST RELEASED!! SOUNDS LIKE A TEARJERKER ALERT! She’s in remission and he’s on temporary leave from the military to heal… “He didn’t count on meeting a girl like Jenna whose thirst for life made him break out of the walls he’d so carefully constructed around himself. And once he realized she had his heart, he knew he never wanted to let her go. And then fate stepped in…“
- Steady by Nicole Tillman <— JUST RELEASED!! GHOST STORY ROMANCE OR WILL IT BE SCARY?!! I can’t figure it out… Okay, so she survives a heart transplant and moves away to start again, and a game of Ouija board has her waking up to a ghost in her house (his name is Jake). “Bree tries to brush off his existence and heads off to the lake for a vacation with her friends. There she meets Jason ‘Jay’ Bryson, a charming, intelligent, and lively man who bears a striking resemblance to Jake. As the summer stretches out before them, Bree finds herself falling for Jay – all while Jake is falling for her.“
- Taming the Beast (The Fairy Tales of New York Book 3) by Lucy King <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Chasing Shade by Sommer Marsden <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE’S STARTING OVER FROM A VIOLENT PAST & HE’S HOMELESS… “Betsey’s trying to recover from a violent past that’s still haunting her. Paying emotionally for something she’s never done. She’s created a small safe life. Archie’s homeless, jobless, living on the road and clueless as to where he’s going. Until a hair piece and gas station directions leads him to her…“
- BLINK by Caroline Easton <— JUST RELEASED!!! His parents are dead and he’s wanting to raise his little brother and she’s a race car driver that got into a bad accident… “leaving her locked inside her own body, all but switched off to the outside world. When Flynn and Harper’s world’s collide the sparks begin to fly, but each one holds a secret they don’t want to share.“
- One to Chase (One to Hold Book 7) by Tia Louise <— JUST RELEASED!! “A courtesy meeting with one of the top lawyers in the city should be a boost to her career… Until the polished green-eyed player turns out to be the same irresistible “random” she hooked up with at a friend’s wedding in Wilmington. Bonus: He’s the brother of her older brother’s new wife. What the hell?!”
- Delusive by Courtney Lane <— JUST RELEASED & SHE’S OUT FOR REVENGE! “Unbeknownst to him, there is more to me than I will ever show him. He will know exactly who I am when it’s too late–when I’m done with him...” BUT!!! Tables are turned when… “I’ve become his obsession. He won’t stop exerting control over me until I’ve become his exclusive possession. How can so many things go wrong and feel so right?”
- The Fall and Rise of Kade Hart: A Hart Brothers Novel by A. M. Hargrove <— JUST RELEASED!! He’s a drug addict, and she’s hiding from someone that wants to kill her… “…she makes me want to be the kind of man who can protect her, who can save her. But I’m not sure I’m that guy. I’m no one’s hero.“
- The Gentleman Mentor by Kendall Ryan <— SUPER-BARGAIN DOM ALERT! “I’m training her for another man, and that fact guts me every time I think of it. I know she’s not mine … but part of me won’t accept that.”
- Lady of Light and Shadows (The Tairen Soul Book 2) by C.L. Wilson <— Tessa is LOVING this series (it seems everyone who reads it goes CRAZY for it). She says: “Still reading Lady of Light and Shadows. Ugh, my tummy twists every time I see bad things happening. I keep wanting to yell at the characters on who to trust or stop being a greedy, power hungry jerk. Yep, it’s that good.” Yep. I’m missing out…
- King by T.M. Frazier <— Back on the list ’cause MichelleS just went crazy for it! “OH.MY.GOD. I just finished King. Been marathon reading. Could not put it down. 5 stars for me. Reminds me of exactly how I felt when I first read M. Sheehan’s Undeniable, except more, I think. When is book two coming out already? He’s bad. bad. bad. bad. And she’s lost. lost. lost. lost. And they just EXPLODE when they are together. You just have to read it. AMY – this is your book for sure. Gritty, but awesome.” *sigh* Poop. Now I wanna read THIS one next. 😀 and Marit’s not helping me at all by saying: “Not read KING? *gasp* :p I’m telling you girl, this is the book of the year !!!!!! But know the feeling with too many books “
- Lily of the Springs by Carole Bellacera <— Paula recommends this one saying: “I am readying Lily of the Springs by Carole Bellacera, only 99p. The first line had me hooked – ‘I knew my marriage was in trouble the night my husband brought home a streetwalker to teach me how to satisfy him’ – I am really enjoying it and would recommend it.” <— *oooomph!!!*
- Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley <— MichelleS found out that this BIKER BOOK is on super-bargain!!! I loved it! (here’s my review)
- Unexpected Fate (Hope Town Book 1) by Harper Sloan <— Lauren found us this super bargain! “Unexpected Fate by Harper Sloan. It’s the Corps Security spinoff featuring the kids of the Corps Security guys. I’ve been waiting for it to go down.”
- When We Collide by A.L. Jackson <— Sally found is this super-bargain! “Maryse and ladies , one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES is on sale right now!! If you haven’t read this yet pick it up ladies! The writing, the characters, the story ALL flawless! AL Jackson’s When We Collide.”
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- Four Week Fiancé by Helen Cooper – June 23rd 2015
- Breaking Stars: The Celebrity Series by J. Sterling – expected release June 29th 2015
- When You’re Back: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 12) by Abbi Glines – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Better When He’s Brave: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Ride Steady (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley – expected release date June 30th 2015
- Insider (Exodus End World Tour Book 1) by Olivia Cunning – expected release date June 30th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).