Yep… my TBR list is outta control. And for awhile I had a “book-Dom” (you know… the imaginary kind) that kept me in line with my reading. Tried to keep my whole crew in line with their reading. But apparently, he’s only so much “Dom” and we all… well. We were a bunch of bratty readers. He couldn’t handle the whole bunch of us, and while we WERE sticking to our TBR list for a week or so… a month? He (they – we had multiples taking shifts 😛 )… left us to our own devices. 😉
We can’t stop *squirreling*!!!
Amy: *sigh* At this rate, my Book Dom will be needing a new paddle by Christmas along with a stuffed squirrel.
Maryse: Which is whyyyyyyyyy we have the Book-Doms. Although we’ve been ignoring them lately. They’re probably spanking each other right now. Oh! *snort*!!!!!!!!
Amy: Book Doms spanking each other? *snorrrrrrrt* Shhhhh…you’re gonna get us all in trouble with them. *giggle* But what a visual!!! Oh, crap…did they hear us?? *hiding behind Maryse*
Amy: I have *multiple* series sitting on my Kindle app waiting TBR, and I have no idea why. Maybe it’s like you said about waiting for the right time to get lost in the book. Or it’s probably just that I am extremely undisciplined in sticking with my TBR list. Yeah, that’s what it is. *gives one-finger salute to Book Dom*
Jean: “Gives one finger salute to Book Dom”……blahahahahaha!!!! Love it!
Linda: I don’t think even borrowing a book Dom could intimidate me at this point!! I’m too far gone!!! X
Jean: It’s all good! We enable each other and it makes us feel better when we 1-click like crazy! Where have those Book Dom’s been?
Maryse: Yes… a big bunch of enablers here for sure. One-click ebook hoarders. We have book-doms, but they appear to be otherwise occupied.
Jean: I don’t know where the book doms have been lately because I think we’ve all been really out of control!
Amy: I don’t think I’ve ever needed reading buddies this badly before. Roll call! Laura…check. Jean…check. Fabi…check. Amy (me!)…check. Maryse…wait a minute! Maryse is ditching!!! Ooooooh, I’m gonna call her Book Dom!
Jean: Like you Maryse, I am a sucker for military men so I’m VERY interested in Captured!! But I swear I am going to read How to Kill a Rock Star 1st and then Wild Side and then Offsides and then Captured…..ugh! We’ll see if I stick to that order! Book dom??
Maryse: I’LL be your book Dom today, Jean!!!! Rock Star!!!!! There. Done. *cracks whip*
bev: Maryse read Eleanor & Park. Maryse, sorry that sounded bossy, lol.
Maryse: LOL bossy is fun! We all know my book-dom disappeared,
And then half of my “OMG-I-GOTTA-READ-THIS-NEXT” reads fell lower and lower as I added more and more to my TBR and then… they were forgotten.
So I made a new list. I gotta “book-Dom” myself (or you guys can help). 🙂 Although y’all ARE a bunch of enablers too. *snort* Of course there’s my 2015 Reading Challenge list that I AM sticking to, but there’s my “main” TBR list that I needed to sort.
So here is my latest… and why. P.S. These ARE NOT in “order” – I’ll choose by mood. 😉
The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen<— UPDATE AWESOME I READ IT!! Okay I know this one is a BRAND NEW RELEASE so I’m cheating by putting it at the top of my TBR list (since this is me pulling unread oldies-but-goodies back up, BUT OMG the reactions for this book had me DESPERATE to read it NOW. So I am. SO there. Book-Dom. *snort* 😛 And Steph says: “I bought Ground Rules yesterday afternoon, wrote a review this morning. So so so good. I really fell in love with the characters. All of them. I kinda wished they would just all end up together, one big happy family. lol~” and Diane loves it too! “it was SO good! Finished at 2am, could not put it down or sleep. It totally felt like Indescent Proposal (remember with Robert Redford?!) Gah! So good, I haven’t stayed up all night to read since last year lol”
- The Blood & Roses Series Box Set by Callie Hart <— It’s been on my list FOREVER… but it’s ’cause I heard the “Z” in this one will remind me of the ULTIMATE “Z” (from BDB), and you know me. I’m ALWAYS looking for that feeling again. Tracy says: “I am in the throes I of reading the Blood and Roses series by Callie Hart and I can’t believe how much I love Zeth! He may even be up there with Zsadist for me.”
- True North (The True Series) by Liora Blake <— Okay I’m cheating again, ’cause this one is fairly new, but I gotta. I just gotta!!! A few readers here were loving it, and “Wont” just enthusiastically chimed in! Wont: “I just finished True North, actually I’ve read it twice. I loved it. I laughed out loud so many times my husband finally asked what was so funny! Truly an exceptional first book. The only down side is I want more of this couple. I know future books are connected, but I’m not sure that will be enough. Can’t wait until the second book is out!“
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— I hear this one is right up my alley. Reclusive scarred ex-military man… This is one of Nancy’s ABSOLUTE favorites and Julie loves it too! “I LOVED the vixen and the vet. Can’t wait to read her next one.”
- Darker Water (Once and Forever Book 1) by Lauren Stewart <— Speaking of Nancy… Nancy and Kandace went NUTS for this one, and I’ve been hearing amazing things about it from others too. So when Nancy posted: “I’m not going to tell you how much I liked The Vixen & the Vet again (Oh! I’m sorry I guess I just did) & her new book: Never Let You Go. I was in the mood for something similar & Oh My Goodness did I find it: DARKER WATER (Once and Forever) by Lauren Stewart. It is a standalone contemporary romance inspired by the Frog Prince. It caught my interest from page 1 & would have read in 1 day, but at 86% could not keep my eyes open, so finished 1st thing in the morning. I ran through all the emotions while reading from laughing & smiling to sad with tears running down my face & I got angry, too. One minute it was funny, sexy & then drama plus angsty. The dialogue was so good, too. I’m a new fan of Lauren Stewart.” I KNEW I had to put this on my “NOW TBR LIST”
- Station Eleven: A novel by Emily St. John Mandel <— ’cause I love “end-of-the-world” type thrillers. Fabi says: “I read Station Eleven too at Michelle’s suggestion. It was a slow start for me but once I got going with it I love love loved it.” and Michelle loved it: ” I think you will at least LOVE…maybe LOVE LOVE haha Station Eleven. It’s a change in pace but was so amazing it made my favorites from last year.” and MichelleS loved it too! “STATION ELEVEN made your list? yay yay yay…. I loved that one. Another great Sci-Fi / dystopian recommendation from Michelle. I talked about that one to anyone who would listen. Amazing.“
- Signal Bend Series by Susan Fanetti <— I hear this WHOLE biker series gets better and better with each book and are addictive as heck. And then there’s a sob-fest halfway through (or the last one? I don’t wanna know!!)
- THERAPY <— My BFF says this is an absolute must-read and I KNOW… looking at those reviews… YES!!!!! And Amy LOVES it too (this is her “peanut-read” for me: “*writes Therapy on peanut* Hey Maryse, I got a peanut for your friend Sherry to throw at you! Oooooh Maryse, did you say you’re thinking about Therapy? Finally?? I can’t wait to see what kind of feels that *you* get from it. “
- Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole Book 1) by Jenn Cooksey <— YA but EVERYONE who reads it loves it! Aleah says: “I just finished shark bait today and it was ah-may-zing! You are going to love it” and Melanie agrees: “he Grab YourPole series has easily become one of my favorites”
- Elements of Chemistry: Parts 1-3 by Penny Reid <— SO often recommended since it’s release (it was turning people inside-out in romance-angst thrills) and Kelly just reminded me: “Maryse, why don’t you read Penny Reid’s Elements of Chemistry series? You will LOVE Martin.” and Jaime agrees: “i started elements of chemistry when the first one came out. It was really good and i was so excited for Heat to come out. Well let me tell you, Heat was hot! I loved it even more than the first book..“
Bang (Black Lotus #1) (The Black Lotus Series) by by E.K. Blair<— UPDATE AWESOME I READ IT!! HIGHLY recommended by one of my own favorite authors who wants to totally buddy-read this one with me (even though she’s already read it). And I became addicted to this author’s online videos one weekend when she spent an entire book-signing on video eating… I dunno… bonbons? and smirking and giggling into the camera like crazy. You just gotta see ’em. SHE. IS. A. KICK!!!! So I love her already. Eleanor & Park<— UPDATE AWESOME I READ IT!! bev said read it! Over… and over… and over again. And then!!! Some of our other crew-members read it and loved it, and the onslaught of peanut-gallery peanut throwing began. I READ IT!! It was awesome, and I can now cross it off my list. 🙂 YAY TBR lists!!! (my review)
- The “Peanut” List – Read these books or our “peanut gallery” will throw peanuts at you… 😉
- Five of the Latest Books on my TBR List, so I don’t forget…
- Fun 2015 Reading Challenge that I’m going to do. Just look at how cool this one is!
- YAY!! I’ve been tagged in the the “To Be Read Tag”, so here’s my very own list about my TBR list.
- Twenty book blurbs that are making me squirrel…
- My latest TBR List – These just might rock my world, and I want to read them SO bad!
- My current TBR (to be read) list… in pictures!
- My Current TBR List… 02-08-2013
- Up Next On My “To Be Read” (TBR) Reading List…