It’s been a while since I’ve caught up on all the author action (these last few weeks I’ve been entrenched in my books), but now I’m curious… What’s next? Well… LOTS!!
First –> A few quick updates on my website:
- I updated my G.A. Aiken – Dragon Kin Series reading order guide with two new upcoming stories in the series.
- Another free e-book!! Immortal by V.K. Forrest
- A bargain e-book Vampyre Kisses (The Last Witch Series) by Elizabeth Kolodziej
And now for the author tidbits:
- J.R. Ward announced that “Tohrment’s” book will be the next one in her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Wooohooo!! More BDB!
- Alexandra Ivy shows us the new “Supernatural” anthology cover (her story for Uriel and Kata will be in there!) and here’s a sneak peak to Uriel’s story!!
- Jacquelyn Frank confirms that book# 6 is done and expected to be released November 2011 (name of book and Jasmine’s hero is going to be a surprise that will be released at the upcoming Romantic Times Convention)
- Alyson Noel announces exciting news!!
Summit Entertainment has optioned the dramatic rights for all 10 books in both The Immortals & The Riley Bloom series!!
- Larissa Ione blogs about her latest cover shoot! Hot stuff (actual models!)
- Richelle Mead announces the title of the 4th book in her Dark Swan series:
I’m very pleased to announce that Eugenie’s fourth novel has a title: Shadow Heir. It’ll be released in January 2012.
- Gena Showalter said on her Facebook page “Paris’s book was a monster to write, but Strider’s was a blast!”
- Jeaniene Frost posts her One Grave at a Time: A Night Huntress Novel cover (expected release date: Aug 30th 2011) – BEST cover of the series, so far (in my opinion). And a bonus treat – she also posted the inside pic of Cat and Bones and it’s gorgeous! She also posted her “playlist” of songs she listened to while writing this book.
- Jill Myles will continue her Succubus Diaries series (i’m anxiously awaiting book# 4 – Zane is one of my all-time fav vampires) however she will be self-publishing it. She says:
There’s still a lot of story I want to cover in that world. I’m committed to continuing to write stories in it, as long as the audience is there. I just won’t be going through a traditional publisher to do so (unless someone comes out of the blue and offers me something!).
…Succubus Diaries #4 will be self-published and is a priority for me, but I don’t have a firm release time-frame.
- Jill Myles also gives us some tidbits into her upcoming novella in the Succubus Diaries:
I’m at 25k on SLAVE TO HER DESIRES (the Succubus Diaries Spinoff Novella) and it’ll be at least another 6k long before I’m done…
…This novella is a little darker than the typical Succubus Diaries. There’s no Remy and Jackie banter, and Olivia (the succubus heroine of SLAVE TO HER DESIRES and the narrator) has had a hard life and been betrayed many times. But I love her, and I love the hero, and I can’t wait to wrap up their story and leave them in a good spot.
- Michelle Rowen FAQ’d “The status of the Demon Princess series“
- Terri Garey’s giving away bookmarks for her upcoming book. Sexy Sammy!! Check her Tweet for details.
- Rob Thurman has been contracted for TWO more books in the Cal Leandros series (will go to book#9), and another in the Trickster series!