<— That one to the left? Makin’ me squirrel big time, ’cause I’m always drawn to the emotion… the angst of a military man’s wife getting “that” knock on the door. My heart hurts just thinking about it, but this one sounds like it’s tumultuous and even scary. I wanna read it!
But… there’s more that I wanna read. Makin’ my one-clicker antsy. LOL! Like: The Wild Side (I’m thinking this is Michelle’s all time favorite. At least… this year). Dust to Dust (<— but of course!!!!!!! 😀 Although I’m going to savor it this weekend, I think… make it last longer because it’s the last one in the series. My FAVORITE series. At least one of ’em)…. Undone sounds like it could have that romantic angst. I love one-nighters that turn into a big *oooops!*. Oh!! And THIS ONE!! Losing Me Finding You <— THAT blurb totally made me go *oooomph!!* (I posted the synopsis, pretty much in it’s entirely, below. I couldn’t choose one single part to highlight. It’s all awesome-sounding).
And I’ve noted more, below. 😉 Like a student-teacher one, a kidnap one, a sexy bartender one… 😉
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo <— This is a MUST READ!!! And on sale right now, a MUST click!!! 😀 One of my favorite books ever, I will never forget anything about it. Totally a re-read for me. It’s one of those. I even called the author a bad name in my review (yes I had a panic attack at a certain point). LOL! And then I took it back. 😉 (Check out my review. You’ll see). <— And Whitney says: “Best review ever!!!! Perfect for a perfect book!” 😉 Hehe. And MichelleS agrees: “Just finished How to Kill a Rock Star…. un-put-down-able….. I had goosebumps and more than once I think all the blood in my extremities rushed to my head and heart at once because I got instantly cold from the “oh no”s that kept happening. Okay Okay, I admit it… it was worth squirreling over….” <— I KNEW IT!!!!! *beams* 😀
- Liam’s Journey by Heidi McLaughlin <— Books 1 & 4 of The Beaumont Series – Together for a limited time only
- Offside by Shay Savage <— Recent release and Fabi LOVED IT!! “Whooaaaa finished Offside last night. It’s over 350 pages I love a long novel. Gives me time to really get to know the characters. This one BLEW ME AWAY. I couldn’t stop reading yet I never wanted it to end. I swore I wouldn’t cry if it got sad, but it wrung those tears out along with the laughs and the cringes and the awwww moments. Totally captivating. Shay has outdone herself. Easy 5 stars. Up there with Beautiful Disaster. I don’t even want to start another book because I am loving having these characters on my mind and in my heart… As good as it is from the start, it just gets better and better and better…I think this one may reach Travis status for me.” <— WHOA. Okay then… 😉
- The Wild Side by R.K. Lilley <— I’m bringing this one back ’cause Michelle insists it’s unputdownable!! When we were contemplating our next read she said: “Well, you know what I’m going to say…. WILD SIDE baby…. come on!!! Wild Side is super short and then we can tease Maryse with Dair jokes….. please?” Did she *squirrel* with it? She said: “no way…. could not even blink for 4 hours straight……..” and “…big oomph and then some. It has that guy, that girl, that dialogue, that inner monologue, AND it ends up having that story that I connect with in a book. Believe me, it was a huge surprise for me… was not expecting that at all.” And Fabi agrees: “You really gotta read all three. But they’re short so I finished them in about a day or two. The ending is super and even though I had it figured out I still aaahhhh and oooohed at the end.“
- Missing You by Harlan Coben <— Okay not bargain priced (not by a long shot!) but READER-recommended and I think it looks good! Lee says: “Must read Missing You by Harlan Coben, not our usual Maryse genre, but it did have some romance and was one of the best books I’ve read in a very long time.” Okay from the blurb: “It’s a profile, like all the others on the online dating site. But as NYPD Detective Kat Donovan focuses on the accompanying picture, she feels her whole world explode, as emotions she’s ignored for decades come crashing down on her. Staring back at her is her ex-fiancé Jeff, the man who shattered her heart—and who she hasn’t seen in 18 years.” and then… “...when she reaches out to the man in the profile, her reawakened hope quickly darkens into suspicion and then terror as an unspeakable conspiracy comes to light, in which monsters prey upon the most vulnerable.” <— WHOA!!!!
- Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley <— An oldie but HUGE favorite amongst our reading crew. In fact, Melanie just discovered it! “Where oh where have I been!?! I travel a lot so I catch up on some of my TBR list with Audiobooks for the 5 hour drive. I’ve had Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley on my IPAD for while now , and said what the heck, let’s try this one. Oh my….. I have totally been missing out. I don’t know why I was so surprised with how good it was, it is Kristen Ashley after all. I could not stop laughing. I was actually upset I got to my destination within 5 hours since the Audiobook was over 10 hours . If you haven’t read it, don’t make the mistake I did by putting it off.” 😀
- SPIRAL (The Indigo Lounge Series Book 3) by Zara Cox <— Stephanie found us this deal! She says: “The conclusion, Book #4, is expected to be released next month, Sept. 2014.”
- Tumbleweed by Julia Bramer <— Stephanie found us this deal too!! She said: “High Ratings/Reviews for this gritty story that’s dark and disturbing in parts…” Oh yeah? Lemme check out that blurb!! Oh. Whoa. EEEEEP!! “Unable to cope with the loss of her first love, a charming and seductive Spanish soccer player, beautiful, headstrong Haley Hanson abandons love entirely. She seeks solace in the arms of strangers and fame, a tumbleweed rolling where the gusts of wind carry her, and she lands between a garbage bin of rotting food and a brick wall. Stuck in limbo and near death.” Oh wow, okay i see where this is going, I think. She ends up in Egypt with two male cousins (and this is unacceptable in their culture, and they are caught…)… “I couldn’t stop and couldn’t go back, a dark and insatiable impulse propelling me forward and driving me into the arms of strangers like the Mohammeds and into the sweltering barren desert.”
- Just…Breathe: The Love they had always wanted and now try to fight (The Broken Series Book 1) by Angela Fattig <— Debbie was asking about a book yesterday (looking for which one it was, and it ended up being this one!). She asked: ” I saw a summary of a book yesterday and I thought I bought it.. but I didn’t… and now I can’t find it.. It 4 people sit down at dinner and two are introduced.. the guys tells his friend this is the b*tch I was telling you about before.. and the girls says to her friend, this is the prick I was telling you about. and he accuses her of being a gold digger… help please!!” And then she got back to us and said: “Just bought it..it will be my weekend read” <— Yep. Keep us posted Debbie. I’m curious!! 😀
- Degradation by Stylo Fantôme <— Lori recommends it!! She says: “This one I went in blind, and I loved it!! They’re both messed up, it’s out of control, there’s lots of angry sex and dirty talking… I cannot wait for the second! yes it has a cliffy but it’s worth it!” <— Blind, you say? Ohhhh tempting!!!
- Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek Book 3) by Violet Duke <— Stephanie found us this one “After his combat injuries retire him from the military career he wasn’t ready to give up, battle-scarred Hudson Reyes now spends his new life as a movie industry fight scene and weapons specialist simply doing what he knows best: surviving. Until he meets her. The one woman who makes him want to live again.” * * * SPECIAL EDITION SALE: Through August, a portion of ALL proceeds from the sale of this limited time special edition cover will go to the WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT * * *
- Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace <— I’m bringing this one back ’cause Debbie loved it! “I just read Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace. It’s second-chance story filled with genuine emotion, and I was impressed how the author wove in the back story. She managed to balance humor with regret. 4.5-5 stars.”
- Dust to Dust (Experiment in Terror #9) by Karina Halle <— This is one of my all time favorite series in the world. Here is the series reading order and they must be read in order, but the series is complete now, so YAY YOU!!!
- Every Sunset Forever (Hyena Heat Book 3) by R. E. Butler
- Guardian: Book 6.5 (A Rylee Adamson Novella) by Shannon Mayer
- Cursed Moon (Prospero’s War) by Jaye Wells
- Beyond Addiction (Beyond, Book #5) by Kit Rocha <—Here is the Beyond Series Reading Order. Book 1 is intense and steamy (and kind of scary – great story!). Here is my review of book #1: Beyond Shame.
- Collin (A Forever Trilogy Novel, #5) by Sandi Lynn <— here is the Forever Trilogy Reading Order
- Captured by Jasinda Wilder <— *blurb jolt* !!! I wanna read this one bad. “I married a Marine. I knew the risks. Every time my husband shipped out, I knew there was a chance he wouldn’t come back. But Thomas always did. Always. Then one day two officers in full dress uniform knocked on my door and shattered my world.” and Bethan recommends it saying “Really enjoyed it”
- Show Me, Baby: A Masters of the Shadowlands Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Cherise Sinclair <— I really enjoy this BDSM club series! 😀 Here is the Masters of the Shadowlands Series Reading Order
- Liar: The Scarab Beetle Series: #2 (The Academy) by C.L. Stone
- Incandescent: Knights Rebels MC by River Savage <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “Kadence Turner has no business lusting over a student’s father, especially the president of the Knights Rebels MC. Nix is crass, obnoxious and dangerously sexy and for some reason, Kadence can’t seem to hate him for it…“
- Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) by Rachel Van Dyken
- American Honey by Heidi McLaughlin, Megan Smith, Carey Heywood, Ashley Johnson, Marissa Carmel, Jennifer Foor, Melissa Collins, HJ Bellus, Chelsea Landon, Scarlett Metal
- Indestructible (Harmony Book 3) by Angela Graham
- Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) by Rachel Van Dyken <— MAFIA ALERT (although I’m hearing older YA). Here’s the Eagle Elite Series Reading Order.
- This Sky by Autumn Doughton <— Sexy bartender alert! “…nothing could have prepared her for the chaos that unfolded when her celebrity boyfriend publicly humiliated her. Now the fairytale is officially over and Gemma is determined to put the past behind her and strike out to find a new dream. Just a few teeny-tiny details to work out: she’s currently broke, homeless and unemployed.“
- Whatever It Takes: Part Three: A Trust No One Novel by Dixie Lee Brown <— going undercover as husband and wife (The third and final installment).
- Sinful Rewards 2: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella by Cynthia Sax <— looks like a steamy serial series.
- Taken by Tuesday (Weekday Brides Series) by Catherine Bybee
- Hard Knox: The Outsider Chronicles by Nicole Williams <— can be read as a standalone. He’s a bad-boy player in college and she’s and “up-and-coming writer for Sinclair University’s newspaper”. She doesn’t like him much… 😉
- Undone by Maya Banks <— Ohhh I like the sound of this one!!! “When an unplanned evening of passion with Cameron Hollingsworth results in unplanned pregnancy, Pippa Laingley’s at a crossroads. She knew going in that the enigmatic entrepreneur had built a fortress around his feelings. What she’s just discovered is that he’s loved and lost before—his wife and child. Tragically.“
- What Might Have Been by Matt Dunn <— “A year ago, Evan and Sarah shared one incredible night. Then Evan’s music—the thing that brought them together—suddenly tore them apart.”
- Whatever It Takes: A Trust No One Novel by Dixie Lee Brown
- On Her Knees (The Office Slave Book 3) by Opal Carew
- Only You (A Sweet Torment Novel) by Joya Ryan <— she just lost a coveted job, drowns her sorrows at a bar and… “a smoldering, sensual attraction soon erupts between her and a deliciously sexy deliveryman, leading to a red-hot encounter in a bar bathroom. Little does Paige know that the deliveryman is actually Leo Savas, a shipping magnate as powerful in the boardroom as he is in the bedroom.“
- Possession (Year of Fire) by Florencia Bonelli
- Return to Sender (Invitation To Eden) by Steena Holmes
- The Right Touch by Lindsay McKenna
- Sexy SEAL Box Set: A SEAL’s Seduction\A SEAL’s Surrender\A SEAL’s Salvation\A SEAL’s Kiss by Tawny Weber
- The Shopaholic Series 6-Book Bundle: Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic & Sister, Shopaholic & Baby, Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
- His Trouble in Tallulah (In the Line of Duty) by Cathryn Fox <— Brother’s best friend!! “Since they’re headed to the same wedding, he finds himself agreeing to step into the role of adoring fiancé. In real life, she’s his comrade’s kid sister, so it’s hands off all the way.“
- Hungry for More: Romantic Fantasies for Women by Rachel Kramer Bussel
- Living in Shadow (Living In…) by Jackie Ashenden <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!! “Law professor Eleanor May is fine with taking over a class for a colleague on sabbatical. She’s not so fine with the hot student who’s always seated front and center.“
- Dylan’s Redemption: Book Three: The McBrides by Jennifer Ryan <— She flees her home without a trace and… “Eight years later, her father is dead, and Jessie reluctantly goes home—only to come face-to-face with the man who shattered her heart. A man who, for nearly a decade, believed she was dead. Dylan accepted the position as sheriff of Fallbrook looking for a fresh start and a chance to uncover the truth about Jessie’s disappearance. He knew he’d have to face a few ghosts … he just never thought one would be Jessie, all grown up, stunning … and alive.”
- Getting Off (Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin) by Abby Green <— hehe. This one sounds fun! “…even with motorbike-riding sex god Liam, old habits die hard, and yet again she has to fake it. Only he notices—and is not happy! Could things get any worse? Well, yes, when Liam becomes her new boss.“
- Gutta Mamis by N’Tyse
- Celtic Love Knot (Choc Lit) by Angela Britnell
- Dare to Love by Lindsay McKenna <— KIDNAP ALERT! (although I don’t think it’s as dark as some of our other ones… 😉 Okay, so he kidnaps her (mistaken identity) but… “Kai didn’t even want to run from Matt. His eyes told her intimate secrets, and his embrace was passionate and true. She longed to believe in him, because within twenty-four hours she’d learned to want him forever…“
- Dream Shard by Mary Wine <— She finds him floating in the water… and helps him “…as Devon’s memories gradually return, he remembers why he can never love again. He is an operative for an elite Army Ranger unit and his life is too dangerous. Particularly now that unscrupulous people know who he is.“
- Dying Commitment (Lucky Thirteen Book 3) by S.M. Butler
- Breaking All Her Rules (Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin) by Maisey Yates
- Losing Me Finding You by Natalie Ward <— Niki just found us this new release!! “I think my next book will be Finding Me Losing You by Natalie Ward. Just released and sounds awesome!!!” Oh wowwwwww it does sound good!!! Sounds CRAZY!!!!
“When I wake up on this day, I’m in a different city, with a different life and no memory of the lives I had before this one. Today is the tenth time this has happened to me. The tenth time I’ve had to figure out where the hell I am. The tenth time I’ve had to try and work out who the hell I am. This is the tenth alteration of the person I am. Each of us has had different lives, different backgrounds and different families. But there’s always been one constant.
He’s the reason I keep doing this. He’s the reason I spend four years searching. If I’m lucky, I’ll get the trigger and find him quickly and we can spend those four years together before I disappear again. If I’m not, we might get a year, a month or even just a day. Once we got nothing, but that was a choice.
And every time it happens, he patiently waits for me. He says that every time I come back to him, it’s like falling in love with me all over again. I say that every time I come back, I fall even more in love with him than before.
It scares me that one day I won’t be able to find him at all, because when that day comes, I’m not sure I’ll want to keep going. He is my strength, my protector, my one and only constant.
- Bouquet of Love, A (Weddings by Design Book #4): A Novel by Janice Thompson
- Committed: Drug of Desire by Sidney Bristol
- Skin to Skin: Skin Deep #3 by J.M Stone <— I think these must be read in order… (thanks Lori!!)