<— HAPPY TUESDAY NEW RELEASE DAY!!! It’s not our biggest list ever (a little over 60+ new books) but some of our favorites are on it like K.A. Linde, Tara Sue Me, Meghan March and Jodi Ellen Malpas (that one right there to the left – ooooooh check out that title!! And the blurb is even better!!!) 😀
AND!!! One that really has my eye is a psych-thriller that sounds so intriguing. The Breakdown: The 2017 Gripping Thriller from the Bestselling Author of Behind Closed Doors <— I have NO idea from that blurb where it’s going to go, and that means potential twists and crazy reveals!!! Eeeeeep. MINE!! Plus, I read a book by this author a few months ago (Behind Closed Doors: A Novel) that I loved, and have NO clue this one came out just a week or so ago. And I DON”T think they’re connected. SHE’S FORGETTING… STUFF…
“…she’s been forgetting every little thing: where she left the car, if she took her pills, the alarm code, why she ordered a pram when she doesn’t have a baby.
The only thing she can’t forget is that woman, the woman she might have saved, and the terrible nagging guilt. Or the silent calls she’s receiving, or the feeling that someone’s watching her…”
Oh!! And if you missed it, check out my review of Tarryn Fisher’s latest book ➔ Book Review – Atheists Who Kneel and Pray by Tarryn Fisher
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Beneath the Truth: The Beneath Series, Book 7 by Meghan March
- Any Dream Will Do: A Novel by Debbie Macomber
- The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- The Good Daughter: A Novel by Karin Slaughter
- The Last Tudor by Philippa Gregory
- Of Mess and Moxie: Wrangling Delight out of This Wild and Glorious Life by Jen Hatmaker
- Bad Deeds: A Dirty Money Novel by Lisa Renee Jones
- The Breakdown by B. A. Paris <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! Oh this sounds EXACTLY like what I want to read!! Or listen to. 😉
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!)
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park <— TOUTED AS ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR!!! Back on the list ’cause Kathy loved it!
Kathy: Maryse, this was my first book by Jessica Park and I am ashamed to say I have never read Flat Out Love which has been on my Kindle for a couple of years! I just finished 180 Seconds by Jessica Park and it was one of the best books I have read this year. Not only are Allison and Esben’s evolution of their relationship so special to read but also the secondary characters of her Adopted Dad Simon and her best friend Steffi make the reader smile and cry. Esben is one of the best book boyfriends that I have read. If you get a chance, please read this book!!
- Gemina (The Illuminae Files) by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!!!! It’s the direct sequel to ➔ Illuminae (The Illuminae Files)!!
Jeannie: I read Illuminae and LOVED it!! I wasn’t sure I would like it when I started, because it’s not your typical novel, more of a document/file with interviews, emails, maps, etc. It definitely told a story that pulled me in from the start and I couldn’t put it down. I gave this 5 stars and highly recommend it, especially if you are looking for something a bit different.
Fabi: Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie *zips lips* do not get me started on Illuminae. My BEST BOOK EVER. Even though it’s not a huge hit with this group. I’m a huge sci-fi fan so my reaction to it was over the top. Fanfreakintasricallylovedit
Jeannie: Fabi, after I finished Illuminae, I understood why you were so excited about it. I loved it too! I definitely didn’t expect it to make me cry – twice! It definitely is one of those books that stayed with me.
- Dr Stanton by T.L. Swan <— WHOA!!!! I Did I not realize this one went live a couple of weeks ago?? I know this series is all the rage in the whole forbidden love category. :D!!! Oh… P.S. This one is a standalone, so even if you haven’t read the others, you can jump in. P.S. Here’s the whole series (previous to this new release)
- Fire Song (Medieval Song Quartet Book 2) by Catherine Coulter <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! This one was Sharon’s FIRST!
Sharon: My first ever book bully was Catherine Coulter’s Fire Song’s Lord Graelam de Moreton – the Song Series. It’s a very old book (gasp, 1985 – how can that be – this is older than most of those reading this). He was just such an ass and I was shocked by his actions, but secretly smitten by his actions. What he did in front of his intended bride – was shocking.
- The Kricket Series by Amy Bartol <— ALL THREE BOOKS are super-bargain priced right now!!!
Nikki: Under Different Stars (The Kricket Series Book 1) by Amy Bartol! Love this series!!
- P.S. Not book related, but FUN related. THE DNA KIT!!! ➔ AncestryDNA: Genetic Testing – DNA Ancestry Test Kit <— OMG IT’S BACK ON SALE YOU GUYS!!!! I bought one on Prime Day (mine was the 23andMe kit – but these are the two BIG ones!!) and a bunch of our crew got one too, but then they were sold out. So many were bummed. But it’s back!!! I’m still waiting on my results (but I’ve been watching the lab progress online, and I just got a status update!!! “DNA Analysis Reading your DNA with a genotyping chip.” I’ll let you guys know what my results are. Eeeeeeeep!!!!) I CAN’T WAIT!!!
- Aveoth (VLG Book 7) by Laurann Dohner <— LAURANN DOHNER ALERT!!! “…Things go from bad to worse when her grandfather’s goons snatch her up to deliver her to a man both terrifying…and straight out of her sexiest daydreams…”
- Grizzly Secret (Arcadian Bears Book 3) by Becca Jameson
- Freeze Frame (The Phoenix Agency Book 4) by Desiree Holt
- Into the Storm (Force of Nature Book 2) by Amber Lynn Natusch <— AMBER LYNN NATUSCH ALERT!!!
- Blood Shift (The Charming Shifter Mysteries Book 3) by Calinda B
- Song Breaker by Annette Lyon
- Torment (Damned Book 4) by L.M. Pruitt
- Hunger: The Energy Vampires Book Two by Jacquelyn Frank
- Raven’s Mark: (The Raven Queen’s Harem Part One) by Angel Lawson <— SHE’S ACCEPTED TO NYU… “A little luck is exactly what Morgan needs in her life. When her acceptance letter from NYU arrives she thinks maybe things are about to change. She just doesn’t realize how much. It’s quite thrilling enough to discover that her new home is a beautiful mansion. But then she discovers her housemates.
- Unexpected Circumstances – The Complete Series by Shay Savage <— SHAY SAVAGE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Masked Possession (The Masked Arcana Series) by Alana Delacroix
- Middleweight (Hallow Brothers Book 2) by Trisha Andersen <— SHIFTER MMA FIGHTER FINDS HIS MATE ALERT!! “...Micah Hallow doesn’t believe he’ll ever find his mate. That is until a mystic tattoo appears on his back after a wild night with a stripper that marks her as his mate. Despite a life-threatening injury that brings him to his knees every time it strikes, he commits to a fight in the octagon to save her life. What will she do when she finds out he’s one of the infamous Hallow Brothers—and a werewolf?”
- Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright <— SHE’S TRYING to KEEP HER UNBORN CHILD SAFE... “…Beautiful and broken, Valli just wants to run away and never look back. But with the shocking news of her pregnancy fresh in her mind, she wonders if that’s even possible. Told by her captors that one of the caged animals assaulted her, she knows she must do everything in her power to keep her unborn child safe…”
- The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— JODI ELLEN MALPAS ALERT!!! FORBIDDEN (not just the title… but in the blurb – Ooooh you know I AM IN!!) “Overwhelmed by the intensity of their one night together, Annie slips out of their hotel room. She is certain that a man who’s had such a powerful impact on her and who could bend her to his will so easily, must be dangerous. But she’s already in too deep. And Jack isn’t only dangerous. He is forbidden...”
- Skirt Chaser (Filthy Dirty Love Book 2) by Stacey Kennedy
- Speak to My Heart by Rebecca Talley
- Deadly Tails (Unleashed Mysteries Book 2) by Beth Prentice
- When You Were Mine by Cindy Tanner
- Winner by Belle Brooks <— A SOCIALITE & A MISFIT ALERT!! “...I’m a simple misfit from the wrong side of the tracks. Until three days ago, I didn’t have two cents to rub together. Rose is my opposite in every way, but as the saying goes—‘opposites attract.’ How in the world does a socialite notice a nobody like me?”
- I Temporarily Do: A Romantic Comedy by Ellie Cahill
- Benediction: (Cattenach Ranch) by Kelly Moran
- Any Way You Spin It: An Upper Crust Novel (The Upper Crust Series Book 7) by Monique McDonell
- Beneath The Truth by Meghan March <— MEGHAN MARCH ALERT!!! EX-COP & BEST FRIEND’S LITTLE SISTER… “I turned in my badge and gun and walked away from everything. Then I got the call no one wants, and I’m back in New Orleans. What I don’t expect is for her to be here too. Another line you don’t cross? Don’t touch your best friend’s little sister. She’s always been off-limits. Too bad I don’t follow the rules anymore…”
- BLUE BALLS by RC Boldt
- Flight 259: A Contemporary Christian Romance Novel (The Hope Series Book 1) by Staci Stallings
- Only With You (To Serve and Protect Book 3) by Kathryn Shay
- High Heat (Boys of Summer Book 3) by Sierra Dean
- Dark Honor (Dark Saints MC Book 3) by Jayne Blue <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “He’s one of the roughest members of the Dark Saints MC. She’s a spoiled brat mafia princess.”
- Dancing With The Devil by Nicole Sturgill
- Perfume Therapy by Kirsty McManus
- Bad Deeds (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LISA RENEE JONES ALERT!!! “Wall Street meets the Sons of Anarchy in Bad Deeds, the smoldering, scorching next novel in the explosively sexy Dirty Money series from New York Times bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones.”
- If You See Me (Muses of Hollywood Book 1) by Jen Stevens
- Drive Me Wild (ExStream Love Book 2) by Kathryn Lively
- Web Of Lies (The Lies Trilogy Book 1) by J.G. Sumner <— HIS MARRIAGE & LIFE ARE FALLING APART… “...My wife is leaving me, and I’m fighting for our marriage, our kids—for her. Then the new babysitter walks through the door, and everything changes. Beautiful, sweet Beth. She’s much too young, but I can’t stay away. Despite our secrecy, someone knows. They’re using the information to destroy me…”
- Arya by M. L. Rosado and A. Cely
- Wicked S.O.B.: A Dark Desires novella by Zara Cox
- Any Dream Will Do: A Novel by Debbie Macomber <— DEBBIE MACOMBER ALERT!! A GRIEVING PASTOR & A SINGLE MOM TRYING TO START OVER… “...The pair strike up a friendship—Drew helps Shay get back on her feet, and she reignites his sense of purpose—that, over time, turns into something deeper, something soulful, spiritual, and possibly romantic. Even Drew’s two children are taken with this woman who has brought light back into their lives. Perhaps most important, Shay learns to trust again as she, in turn, proves herself trustworthy to her adopted community. But Caden’s return to town and a disastrous secret threaten to undo the life Shay has tried so hard to rebuild...”
- The Two of Us by Victoria Bylin
- Trouble by Ashley Blake
- Ride Me Right (Raising Hellfire MC) by Michele De Winton <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! HE’S HER NEW BOSS… “...Desperate for money to send home to support her kid sister, Lucy takes a housekeeping job at Wilde Hotel, the adopted home of the Raising Hellfire MC. After a steamy moonlit encounter with a dark stranger, Lucy is horrified to find out he’s her new boss so she’s more determined than ever to make her hotel stay brief...”
- Henry and Gracie by Marilyn Jeulin
- The Forger (The Elite Crimes Unit) by Michele Hauf
- Kiss Me if You Can (Most Eligible Bachelor Series Book 1) by Carly Phillips
- Love Me if You Dare (Most Eligible Bachelor Series Book 2) by Carly Phillips <— HE SAVED HER LIFE ALERT!!! “...NYPD officer Sara Rios has Rafe to thank for saving her life, and Rafe to blame for the media chaos surrounding her. She wants to throw herself back into duty at full throttle, but until her injuries heal, she’s on leave and in search of her rescuer. From the moment she finds Rafe and meets his large, boisterous family, she’s hooked. But mutual attraction doesn’t always mean happily-ever-after...”
- Two Last First Dates: A romantic comedy of love, friendship and more cake (Cozy Cottage Café Book 2) by Kate O’Keeffe
- Crossing the Line (The Cross Creek Series Book 2) by Kimberly Kincaid
- Troy (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour Book 5) by Amy Andrews
- A Love That Lasts (Love in the Cascades Book 3) by Kimberly Rose Johnson
- The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde <— K.A. LINDE ALERT!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE... “…He can’t be trusted. Not with my body or my heart. Yet, two years have passed and I still crave him like an addict needing a fix. The last time we tried this, it nearly ruined me. I know I should run and never look back...”
- A Mother Like Mine (A Hartley-by-the-Sea Novel) by Kate Hewitt
- A Touch of Frost by L.A. Kennedy
- Her Reluctant Hero: A Romantic Suspense Boxed Set by MJ Fredrick
- A Gracious Deception (Life and Love Book 1) by Morgan Skye
- The Inaugural Meeting of the Fairvale Ladies Book Club by Sophie Green
- My Perfect Ruin (Perfect Series Book 1) by Kenadee Bryant
- The Flirtation (The Submissive Series Book 10) by Tara Sue Me <— TARA SUE ME ALERT!! HER DOM BROKE UP WITH HER... “...The abrupt breakup she had with her last Dom made her turn her back on the lifestyle, but now she’s ready to dive back in. When she starts chatting on online BDSM message boards, she’s shocked to discover Simon, her former Dom, is a frequent poster...”
- The Lavender House by Hilary Boyd
- Saul’s Sweetheart: A SEALs of Honor World Novel (Heroes for Hire Book 8) by Dale Mayer
- Run to You by Jessica Lemmon
- Reminding Avery by Kaylee Ryan <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “Dylan Knight wrecked me. He made me fall in love with him and then took it all away. Now I’m back, and I can’t deal. How do I pretend that he no longer owns my heart when all my heart does is scream his name?”
- Hear Me Out (Hawks MC: Caroline Springs Charter Book 5) by Lila Rose <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Dirty Deeds (The Dirty Series) by HelenKay Dimon <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Wicked Wish (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – August 11th 2017
- The Soul Mate by Kendall Ryan – August 14th 2017
- Seeing Red by Sandra Brown – August 15th 2017
- Swept Into Love: Gage Ryder (Love in Bloom: The Ryders Book 5) by Melissa Foster – August 16th 2017
- Hideaway (Devil’s Night #2) by Penelope Douglas – August 22nd 2017
- After the Game (Field Party Book 3) by Abbi Glines – August 22nd 2017
- The Beauty of Us: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby – August 22nd 2017
- Keep Her Safe: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – August 22nd 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Happy Tuesday every one 🙂
Great list as always and I consider giving Jodi Ellen Malpas a second chance because of that blurb. It sounds … forbidden 🙂
I’m currently reading Dominic by L A Casey. I have had it on my book shelf for three years, and I really don’t understand why it has taken me so long to start this book. I LOVE IT. I really love the bully part of the book, which kind of scares me, as I despise bullies. But these kind of books are new to me, and I would love som recommendations for other great bully books – please 🙂
*sniffle* I’m here. I feel awful. Summer colds are the worst. ‘bathes in hand sanitizer and dives back in the blankie fort*
There’s a couple up there that look intriguing though…
*hugs* I hope you get better Grey!
Pia… *grins* There’s a whole list of bully books (because they are so loved!) but the best one I’d recommend is Bully by Penelope Douglas. Here’s the list. https://www.maryse.net/books/book-recommendations/the-ultimate-list-of-bully-romance-books.html As you can tell, this is my favorite!
I saw that for the Preorders you have say that Hideaway (Devil’s Night #2) by Penelope Douglas release date is August 22nd 2017, but Penelope annonced on her Facebook page (and her group fan’s page) that she had to push back the release of the Hideaway (Kai’s book) for September 2017 instead!!
Thank you Kristen!! I will update it. 🙂
Guys you must read The idea of you by Robinne Lee! Just finished it and couldn’t stop, had to read it straight through! Crossing fingers there is a part 2!
Gah!!!!! Claudia I MUST read this book!!!!!!! Thank you!!
Pia- you have to read the whole series! Those books are really good and funny.
I got Forbidden. Anything with forbidden in the title is catnip for me!
Right now I’m reading The Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop. She wrote The Written in Red series, which is much beloved by lots of folks here. Anywho’s, why did I take so long to start this glorious series?? The writing is outstanding. I was sucked in with the first chapter. I can’t wait to read all the books to see what happens to this girl as she,grows into an adult. I just love it when I find a treasure trove of goodness!! SQUEEE!
Why didn’t I check if Maryse had a list – of course she has. Thanks for the link Tessa.
Robyn, I have Alec and Kanes books as well, they come next.
I’ll be updating more of our “genre recommendations” lists every weekend. 😀
Ooh! Anne Bishop?? Need to check that out. I’ve been busy busy busy & have gotten in hardly any reading time! Gasp! I didn’t even have a FLT last week, because I didn’t have a book. I’m reading Play Along by TL Swan right now. Was hoping for dark, but it’s not turning out that way. Not sure I can finish it. I keep walking away & perusing Pinterest. Not a good sign.
Just finished The Difference Between Us. It was a sweet read, a little too quick of an ending though.
Now what to read. I already have 180 Seconds on my tbr, so maybe that one or Dr. Stanton, The Wright Mistake or The Forbidden or maybe I’ll be brave and read Tarryn Fishers new one.
180 Seconds sounds like a sure bet!!! And of course Tarryn Fisher’s… I LOVED.
It may be a shorter list but it has some pretties on it!
The Breakdown, The Forbidden, and even The Flirtation (because it sounds like it will get my hackles up!) all sound REALLY good. 😀 And you know what? I’m even getting some paranormal hankerings lately so Blade and the Kricket series are gettin’ clicked as well.
Dude…Cheryl…Atheists. Don’t think about it, just do it. Read Maryse’s review. It’s spot on.
I went to a doctor’s appointment this afternoon and they were running behind so I decided to try and finish up Athiests while I waited. Big mistake. When they took my BP it was 143/90 (usually a lot lower), and I was splotchy. I told her I was reading an emotional book. She told me to put it away. I did. They took my BP again after 15 minutes…124/86. 😳 I had to wait until I was home to finish it and I’m SO glad I did because holy moly! The physical reactions just increased…with tears and all. 😉
Poor Amy!!! So traumatized over Tarryn Fisher’s angst that everyone knew it. Tee hee!!! *hug* That was something else, wasn’t it?? 😉
OMG Amy that’s hilarious!!
You know what, R? It was pretty cool to have my book-induced physiological reactions proven like that, LOL!!
No kidding! It’s like honey, I need you to rub my feet and keep me calm when I’m reading. My health could be at risk!
Oooooooh good one, R!! 😛
—> —> “BP was 143/90 (usually a lot lower), and I was splotchy… The physical reactions just increased…with tears and all.”
Amy, this is why I am apprehensive about reading Atheists while I am sitting in my daughter’s hospital room. Would be funny explaining I’m not upset about my daughter just crying over a book!! They may admit me to the psych ward. :> And I’m a bit terrified about reading TF. I just know she is going to turn me inside out and kick my a$$.
Happy Booklover’s Day!! *grabs Grey’s confetti and runs amok*
Amy, that is so funny!!! I thought I was crazy with my literal stomach cramps and racing heart while reading. Ugh!
True story….years ago when Pet Cemetery was at theaters I went to see it with my now husband. I love scary movies and we would always go see them. Well, that little kid coming back from the dead scared me so much I couldnt sleep and it gave me so much anxiety I threw up! Oh, and his dog was acting weird when we got home and that freaked me out too.
TODAY is OUR DAY!!! *tosses the remaining glitter confetti and looks for a plug for the bubble machine*. HAPPY BOOK LOVERS DAY to my awesome fellow booklovers!!! Hope everyone has a great book that they are reading!
Where’s Amy? We need drinks and I think I’ve been banned from making them.
Oh Amy! I agree with R we need drinks and…yeah, just more drinks.
I’m in the mood for something coconutty!!
Me too! A pina colada, but a fresh one with real coconut and a quantifiable amount of rum!
I’m here! I. Am. HERE!! *loads confetti cannon and fires it*
We are having Almond Joy martinis:
Including some without coconut for those who don’t like it. 😉
Yes, Maryse…YES! Atheists was indeed something else and absolutely wonderful. OMG did you see where she used the term nutter? I was tickled to see it used somewhere else besides here. 😆
OMG HOW BADLY DO I WANT THAT ALMOND JOY MARTINI!!!!!!!!
Cheryl, I think you can handle TF. F*ck Love or Bad Mommy are good ones to start with…kinda TF lite. 😉 GAH! I’m going to be in a funk for a bit after Atheists…
Leslie…physical reactions to books are REAL, I tell ya. You are in good company here. 😀
*burp* Oops…sorry, Maryse. AMY!!! We need more!
I am craving coconut too. Coconut rum is delish and I love any type of coconut candy. (I am at beach and going to get homemade choc/coconut fudge) YUM!
Coconut – yummy! I love Tuesday, even when I don’t get to appreciate it until Wednesday! I can’t wait to read Athiests . . . For now I’m reading Wolfsong. I’m going to need HAPPY for a while – next week is take my only son to college 600 miles from home.
Have I ever mentioned that I love Almond Joys and coconut…cake, cupcakes, pina colada, Malibu Coconut rum….Martinis!!! Amy, you are the bomb my book loving friend!
My new favorite drink is Sprite Ten with Amaretto. It tastes like a cream soda or something. Yummo. And I don’t feel guilty, I mean how many calories are in the alcohol anyway? Whatever. Don’t answer that.
I LOVE cream soda, so yeah, any “happy drink” that can taste like that is mine! 😀
Now I have to go look up Atheists. I am collecting books but not reading them. Ugh. What is up with that? I returned to work Monday. I am soooo ready to be retired, I have decided. I wasn’t made for working. I will marry for money in my next life.
MichelleS me too. With the books but not reading. I’m on a k drama kick right now and I am going for it.
When I go into a reading slump is usually when I catch up on or discover new shows, lol.
Unfortunately, I’ve been binge watching CNN. Ugh! It’s depressing me, which makes me not want to read.
Oh! And binge watching Embarrassing Bodies on Netflix. British reality show with doctors & people with weird medical & body issues. So graphic! Peckers & boobs galore.
Claudia – I sure hope there is a second book for The Idea of You. Or a revised copy with a Epilogue?
I read it while I was on vacation a few weeks back and I was drawn in by the plot. For a first book, it was well written but when I was finished I just wanted to …expunge it from my mind. Crazy, right? Everyone was raving and calling it the best book read this year…I was on vacation feeling sad and unfulfilled. I read for the love of a good story that makes me feel happy and I want everything tied up in a bow…it can be a little bent and smushed but still tied up. I just didn’t get that …the ribbon was still on the spool.
I so love that we all have different views and like different types of books and writing styles. Glad I can vent and/or share my thoughts …maybe it wouldn’t have stung so much if I hadn’t paid so much more than I usually would spend on a book.
MichelleS, the news is scary. I usually watch ABC world news and then local. If I can catch them Good Morning America and This Week. And yeah it is not great right now. Plus hell of hot and fires everywhere so smoky.
So totally disappearing into shows. One thing I like about them is that most are 16 to 24 episodes long. And the romance. Just a complete story though some of the translation I do not quite grasp, lol.
I used to love the BBC in America when they’d show all kinds of British shows. If you have it and get a chance Graham Norton is a night show type and always makes me laugh.
I’ve been having fun. I took my birthday and bought a nice card for books. I’ve been buying books I’ve always wanted to try. Right now, I’m on Nature of Cruelty (I know. I haven’t read a bully book, but I do love the tummy twists so far!) I’ve read the new Cassie Palmer book and a new to me book, Scent of Shadows by Vicki Petterson. (I know. It’s been out for a while, but I hadn’t read it before now), and Alpha Bully. 😀 This is so fun!
And… Jean convinced me with her review to buy Wrecked by Jeanine Collette.
Hi everyone. I’m late to the party. Home from work now and catching up on the comments. *reaches out for an almond joy martini* Mmmm. That hits the spot. Leslie I read Pet Sematary as a teenager and the SAME THING. Bringing the kid back from the dead TOTALLY creeped me out and I had nightmares about it on and off for a few months. i could NEVAH see the movie of it.
I’m reading a beautiful HR by Lisa Kleypas called Devil In Spring. What a lovely book! *sips almond joy martini again and smiles* Happy reading everyone 😀
Yo! Been a bit busy with GOT 🙂
*waves from blankie fort* still dying here. Ugh.
No coconut or Almond Joy martinis for me. *raises Dayquil bottle to toast*
FLT ~ The Tutor Captive Speaks Out For First Time Exclusive! ~ The Brother by K. Larsen
FLT – Losing a child is inconceivable.
The Wild – K Larsen (yep, I got me a copy before it got banned!!!!)
So I actually read this yesterday, but I’m counting it for today, cuz it interrupted my other book I was reading.
I rolled my shoulders twice and yawned.
The Wright Brother by KA Linde
FLT: “I stood on the deck of the White Wave.” The Dark of the Moon by E.S. Bell. (AKA Emma Scott)
OMG Lisa, I loved your review! Way to tell em!
Feel better soon, Grey!
*puts on mask and snuggles Grey*
*sprays self with Lysol*
“Dear Dan, Greetings from the graveyard of ex-girlfriends!” ~ 16 Ways to Break a Heart by Lauren Strasnick
Now I’m off to check out this review by Lisa…
IDK if it’s a fluke or not, but I was just on Webster’s website and it looks like you can buy The Wild right from her site! https://www.authorkwebster.com/product/the-wild/
What Lisa wrote ^!
Darn this is total ??????????? The Wild I mean!
Need the Deets on The Wild…this is the first I have heard of it. Who has read it?
DG – I’ve read it. It’s raising such a stink. It’s been banned on Amazon and Smashwords. The author is being told that she’s immoral, is a horrible person, deserves to have her children taken from her, etc. Over a freaking fictional story. People are unfriending friends all over the place because they liked the book or read it. And honestly, the book isn’t THAT bad. Yeah, it walks the line, it puts a toe (and then a whole damn foot) over the line. It’s uncomfortable, it’s a little yucky. I’ve read worse!!! You have to suspend disbelief a little bit relating to some of the situations they find themselves in, but that’s okay too. I’ll even go so far as to admit that it was kind of a hot little read in spots…it’s downright smutty!! I don’t want to say what the taboo is because the author asks that it not be spoiled, but there are bazillions out there spoiling it left and right. And most of the people who are hating and spewing such vitriol haven’t read it, they just heard what it’s about and are disgusted by the thought of it. It’s their choice if that subject is a hard-stop for them. To each their own – I’d rather read this than more Kiera and Kellan Kyle (dodging peanuts!!!)
Grey – my advice when you are not feeling well is….Nyquil is best on the rocks!!! It comes with its very own shotglass, right??? I hope you feel better soon!
Like I mentioned before, I’m just picturing the Wild as an episode from GOT on steroids…
YOU WANT TABOO AND DARK??? EVERYONE SHOULD READ TOPPING FROM BELOW
*sheepishly raises hand*
I caved and looked up what The Wild is about.
I’m not saying anyone SHOULD or SHOULD NOT read it. I’m just saying I won’t be. Hey, at least the author got a few bucks from me, especially now that it looks like it has been pulled from Smashwords as well.
I’m a NOPE octopus too on this one…
Lookit us Marmy’s… noping. LOL!
Looks like the paperback version isn’t available either anymore. 😕
In the US it appears to only be available on her website.
Just a big ole WOW! That is crazy! Sounds like it ranks right up there with our past presidential election! I am a firm believer in read it or not but let it end there. To be banned…just makes me wonder because there are a lot of books that would be considered taboo or worse out there. SMH
I’m a rebel and just bought The Wild!
Sharon did you get it from your website? I’m still trying to confirm the link works.
Where do I get a copy, Sharon? I’d like to support banned author! Ugh! Amazon, really???
Guys I did not even realize that this was by the same author who wrote Dirty Ugly Toy! And I LOVED that book! It was so off the chain dark until it wasn’t…
What about Life of Anna? Huhhuh? That has got to be way worse than The Wild! Seriously?!?!?
Thanks, R Tenee, I just purchased it from author’s website. Take THAT Amazon!
No prob Michelle. When you purchased it, did you use my link or did you go straight to the website? The purchase button now is through Gumroad and I’ve never heard of that before. But, the original link seems to work too.
Lisa if they throw peanuts at you then you all can at me for being of opposite mind.
If a company has the right to choose what they sell and they choose not to sell erotic works featuring minors I have a hard time thinking of it as a ban.
And if you agree to those conditions before hitting publish…
Now, I defend your right to read whatever you want to read and to write what you want and to discuss what you want.
My only issue is I do think it’s a company’s choice, but they sell Marquis de Sade’s 120 Days of Sodom which is MUCH worse than anything I’ve ever seen and that includes the spoilers about The Wild I’ve read. (Seriously, after the little I read, I need mind bleach for 120. BLEH!) I’m not spending my money to support it, because I honestly wouldn’t have spent money on it if it were on Amazon. It hits WAY too many triggers for me. But if you all enjoy it, awesome. lol You all enjoyed LoA and that hit so many of my triggers right away, I couldn’t get past the first chapter. 🙂 Yet I adored watching all of your reactions to LoA and the same goes with The Wild. Your reactions are fun.
Oh and that said, I’m had too much fun with random clicking that I’m being careful for anything that might pop up this month. 🙂 Though, I had to buy The Vampire King because it’s been on my wishlist FOREVER. Mostly, though, I went on a bully kick. So many bully books I haven’t read. 😀 Though, I read The Bastard. Who knew? Thank goodness for GR because apparently it did. lol
Still have to read Beautiful Beast still…
It definitely sounds like they need to be clear across the board.
Tessa, I was thinking of you. I’m almost done with a Korean drama called Secret Garden. He is such a punk says horrible things and is grabby and obsessive. Yet, I totally ship them part of it I am ashamed to admit is for very superficial reasons…i like his face. *hangs head*?w=820
Have read quite a few books with minors & Amazon didn’t ban them. Just don’t like the hypocrisy! Rape, drugs, Kidnapping, sex slaves, spousal abuse… all illegal… but not banned.
YEAH Bev! I will definitely look into it. That’s the best type for me, though he is pretty.
Beautiful Beast? Vampire King? Sounds very BDB! Who is author?
It is a comedy and has a body swap involved which I found funny. So some lightness involved.
Beautiful Beast is a bully book. Vampire King is by Heather Killough-Walden. She drew my attention when I saw books 5 and 6 are The Seeley King and The Underlie King respectively. 4 is The Goblin King. Basically a Prophecy is foretold of a chessboard of 13 Kings and their 13 Queens and this is the story, each book one of each. I just want to read it in order. Vampire King is first.
Even the Marmies have their hard limits. 😉 Nope, nope, NOPING!!
*tugs on Maryse’s arm* Come on, we gotta go pick up Kellan and Keira from the curb…Lisa totally kicked them there. 😆
I say let’s only grab Kellan. 🙂
Bev, lightness is great with angst. Bully and funny sound good. 🙂
Um, since Kellan is on a curb anyway… Can we keep him?
YES! Happy belated birthday Tessa…we got a Kellan for ya. 😉
Woot… Can I trade it in for a Mason or a Seth?
And thank you. 🙂
Ha. I like the idea of Kellan left at the curb like a couch. 😉
‘Evangeline, the Duchess of Kingston, lifted her infant grandson from the nursery tub and wrapped him snugly in a soft white towel.’
from Devil In Spring by Lisa Kleypas. HR. It’s about Gabriel who is the son of Evangeline and Sebastian from the much-loved Devil In Winter, which some of you HR lovers will have read. And Pandora who is the sister of Helen from Marrying Winterborne. But this is very much Pandora and Gabriel’s book. And it’s LOVELY!
*kicks Wild to the kerb* OK, you can read it if you want. I don’t care. It’s not my cuppa tea, but I do agree with some of the comments. Why ban it? There’re worse books out there that didn’t get banned. What’s with that?
Ok ladies…another question for you…what is ePub.pub? Did a search on The Wild and a copy is out there to read?
I don’t know the specifics, but I have both ePub and mobi ARCs and have never had a problem. That being said, if you don’t get it from her site (in the US anyway) it’s most likely pirated.
I was thinking it might be. Always leery of unknown sites anyway.
So, I’ll distract Keira with some tequila and you grab Kellan. Then we’ll run to Vegas with him and Travis!!
And Tessa gets Mason with Seth on the side. ‘Cause she’s scandalous like that. 😛
Wheeeeeeee!!!!! YES!! Okay good, YAY!!!! Because Travis is more my thing. 🙂
I’m kind of okay with having both Seth and Mason, just saying. Though, they are both extremely possessive. Alright, if I get them, it’s worth the trip to Vegas in the heat of summer.
WOO-HOO!!! We’re goin’ to Vegas with our men!!
Oooooh, how about a grown up cream soda with ginger ale and vanilla vodka…a cream soda martini! 😀
Feel better Grey. Summer colds are the worst.
Amy, I have read TF and that’s what makes me apprehensive about reading
Atheists. With her you know it’s going to be [email protected] up and there are no guaranteed hea’s.
No FLT because haven’t decided what to read next.
FLT Part two:
“Please, help me.”
The Cursed (The Unearthly Series) by Laura Thalassa
This is another series set in the world of The Bargainer series. 😀 This series, though, is YA.
Amy… I’ll just take a mudslide while you all your cream soda. 🙂
I like your first line, Tessa. Intriguing. But I’m not a big YA reader.
I’ll have a mudslide too, thanks. And I’ll take Will Sumner while Maryse runs off to Vegas with Travis. 😉
I bought The Wild from the Authors’s website. It’s a little odd . . . I have not received an e book and am assuming it’s not a hard copy. I did get a confirmation email. I’ll be patient.
Sharon, did you buy it as an Epub or Mobi? If you have a Kindle, those only take Mobi. Other apps will let you read Epub. You probably also have to download it directly to your tablet via the website.