Happy New Year’s Eve my friends! I can’t believe the awesome (and always exciting) year I had. Pretty much… the best year EVER! And an absolutely fantastic reading year, to boot! In fact, the books, the book friends, the book events and the authors pretty much… made my year and I’m working on my “Top 25 of 2013” as we speak.
But in the meantime, it’s time to post the latest (and last) book releases of 2013. And there are LOTS to choose from today!!! A bunch of new MMA fighters making the rounds (like that one to the left… I totally one-clicked it!) ;), plus a few “I shouldn’t like this book, but I do” reader recommendations. You know the kinds I’m talking about (those tumultuous love stories that explore a riskier side of love that we can’t help but devour eagerly, all the while gritting our teeth and feeling cold (and bad) right down to our toes). I haven’t read ’em yet, but my one-click finger is always twitchy for some super-angst and book pain… *shakes head*
And best of all? Some highly anticipated sequels and some sweeeeet looking romances that will likely soothe our souls from one or two of those book-tortures. 😉 Oh! And some paranormals that made me blush (and giggle) on the blurbs alone.
On my radar today? Lots! But these are making me extra antsy —> Meant for Me (MMA that sounds meant for me for sure!!), Return to Poughkeepsie (#2 after an indie read from a couple of years ago that I loved!) Heights of Desire (<— eeeep! I’m super-scared of this one, ’cause I know I’ll have a love/hate relationship with it, but I keep blinking at it and my finger is acting twitchy), Just One Night (a one night “anonymous” fling turns out to be an important client/CEO of the company she works for – sounds like fun!) and One Hot Night <— ex-hockey star, bar owner and landlord, plus, he’s ten years younger than she is (I usually really like these… they have a certain amount of realistic angst and often due to the age difference). Plus, bar owners in books are usually quite sexy. 😉 Finding My Forever and Fallen Crest Public are also calling me, but these are book #3’s in their series and I still have to read #1. But the reviews for both (and the series as a whole) look AWESOME.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Meant for Me (A Second Chance standalone) by L.P. Dover <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT! Oh. And it’s a new release! Jaime just found me this one, and I totally one-clicked! “Maryse, if you’re looking for another hot MMA fighter book then MEANT FOR ME by L.P. Dover is what you need to read. It’s just been released! It’s action-packed and full of sexy fighters. It’s a definite must read!!”
- Hard As It Gets: A Hard Ink Novel by Laura Kaye <– Kathy found out that this new release just went on sale! “Hard as Ink is on Sale. Has been on my wish list for a while.” and Sarah says: “I’m reading this now and really liking it!”
- The Complete Books of the Groupie Universe by Ginger Voight <— All of this author’s rock star/music industry romance books have been bundled today!! The author just said: “… today is the last day I’ll be selling the mega bundle” (Here’s my review of book #1: Groupie)
- Taking Chances by Molly Harper <— (thanks Kandace!) and BEWARE of HEARTACHE!!! Massive tears. Big huge fat ones. Here’s my review. 😉
- Accidentally on Purpose Trilogy by L.D. Davis <— Erin found us this super SUPER deal!! “Check out this CRAZY good deal!! A box set of The Accidentally on Purpose Trilogy for 99 cents!!! One of my favs ever!!! Hurry it only the 31st and 1st”
- Pieces For You (#2) by Genna Rulon <— I really enjoyed book #1 (here’s my review) and Bobbi just posted this about book #2: “Just finished reading Pieces For You by Genna Rulon today … I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. There could have been soooo many ways this story could have gone based on what Sam went through, and it certainly could have had way more intensity, angst, and action … but what made me love it so much was the characters. I knew I would like Griffin based on Only For You, but who knew that I would like Sam even more!?!?”
- Poughkeepsie (The Poughkeepsie Series #1) by Debra Anastasia <— One of my favorites from back when I first started reading indie (see my review). Plus! Book #2 was just released – see it below).
- Oceans Collide (The Oceans Trilogy) by M.A. De Olmos <— MMA Fighter alert!! Trisha recommends this one: “I just finished Ocean’s Collide, Book 1 in The Ocean Trilogy by M. A. De Olmos. It is still 99 pennies, so if you want to try a new Indie author this is one you may want to give a chance. Who doesn’t love sexy hot MMA fighters, a fast paced story with a whirlwind of emotion? Now I am eagerly awaiting book 2 in Oceans Collide Series. “
- Nocturne by Charles Sheehan-Miles, Andrea Randall <— OH I loved this one! It’s got it all, student-teacher romance, angst, and all sorts of crazy whirlwind things! Here’s my review.
- One Ride (The Hellions Ride) by Chelsea Camaron <— BIKER romance alert! Recommended by Lisa: “I always love a good MC book. This did the trick for me, had a bit of everything, and a feisty girl with alpha male. Good story.”
- Heights of Desire (The Heightsbound Series) by Mara White <— oh this sounds tumultuous!! (privileged wife and mother, meets much younger captivating gang member in a neighboring park)… Summer brought it to our attention saying: “Just finished Heights of Desire by Mara White. Wow it sucked me right in. I liked it a lot but it’s one of those books I shouldn’t like. It does leave off on quite a big cliffhanger though. Any idea when the next book will be out?” Sounds good Summer. I’ll be checking this one out for sure (and I’ll see what I can find out).
- Born in Blood (The Sentinels) by Alexandra Ivy
- Dark Heat: The Dark Kings Stories by Donna Grant
- Deadshifted (An Edie Spence Novel) by Cassie Alexander
- Ashes (Entangled Covet) by Sarah Gilman <— Sounds good and maybe a touch angsty (’cause she – a human- is not who he was supposed to be with). “Journalist Ambrosia Pellerin accepts an assignment involving the legendary phoenix, expecting, if nothing else, a little entertainment. Instead, she winds up pregnant—by a surprisingly human-looking firebird, Reece Bennu. As the Phoenix prince, Reece is next in line to the throne and expected to marry a purebred royal. A common human such as Ambrosia is not in the cards. He swears, though, he’ll never be an absentee father.“
- Heart of Stone by Christine Warren
- How to Run with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper <— oh I LOVED book #1 in this series! (here’s my review of the first book).
- Love Your Entity (Entity Series) by Cat Devon <— “Sierra Brennan can inherit her great-uncle’s historic Chicago townhouse under one condition: She must live there for thirty consecutive days. What could possibly go wrong? As a writer and a ghost whisperer, Sierra has a vast imagination and a brave spirit. But not even she is prepared for the gorgeous—and naked—vampire who greets her at the door.” <— hehe. Naked vampires. 😉
- Prey & Prejudice (Cougar Falls) by Marie Harte
- Beg Me To Slay (Entangled Covet) by Lisa Kessler “Four years ago Tegan Ashton was attacked. Determined never to be a victim again, she devotes her life to martial arts and self-defense. When her assailant returns to finish what he started, only one person can help her. Gabe is a private investigator by day and demon slayer by night. After losing loved ones, he vows to defend people from a threat they don’t realize exists.“
- Shatter (Phoenix Rising) by Joan Swan
- Sunroper (Goddesses Rising) by Natalie J. Damschroder
- 3013: MATED (3013: The Series) by Laurie Roma <— shifter-alien romance (FOUR warriors and one human female liaison). Well. *grins*
- Return to Poughkeepsie (#2 – The Poughkeepsie Series) by Debra Anastasia
- Finding My Forever (#3 The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin <— just released and Jen highly recommends it: “Maryse you should read Finding My Forever.. It’s Jimmy’s book in the Beaumont series and OMG he’s totally awesome.. This guy is amazing. He’s smooth, sexy and he will completely melt your heart.” Here is the Beaumont Series Reading Order.
- Three Broken Promises: A Novel (One Week Girlfriend Quartet) by Monica Murphy
- Natural Harmony (Confession Records) by Kate Roth <— new release and Paula says: “I wanted to tell you about a book that just released, Natural Harmony by Kate Roth. I was lucky enough to be able to read an ARC and really loved it! Wade is book boyfriend material and perfect. If you enjoy teacher/student books, then her book The Low Note is fantastic, too! Happy reading everyone!!“
- Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest Series #3) by Tijan <— HIGHLY anticipated and a much-loved series by SO many inout crew. Tracie LOVED it saying: “This book was nuts!!! So good, emotional and intense. I still don’t think my adrenalin has worn off yet. I love Mason Kade with my whole heart!!!” and Linh says: “It’s the third in the series. It’s one of my favorite ever! So excited that I made a book trailer for book one. Yes…i am that much of a fan.” Here is the Fallen Crest Series Reading Order
- The Bad Boy Billionaire’s Wicked Arrangement by Maya Rodale
- Blindsided (Sisterhood) by Fern Michaels
- Busting Loose (Roped and Wrangled) by Kat Murray
- Cloud Waltzer by Tory Cates
- The Commander (Red, Hot, & Blue) by Cat Johnson
- Desperately Seeking Fireman: A Bachelor Firemen Novella by Jennifer Bernard
- Fighting Love (Love to the Extreme) by Abby Niles <—- ohhhh the cover. *grins* MMA fighter alert!
- Eli’s Promise (The Bar Next Door) by Lissa Mathews <— m/m romance!!
- The Gentleman’s Madness by Bonnie Dee and Summer Devon <— another m/m romance by an author that I LOVE! Her books are always a bit… unconventional. Rarely your typical love story (and that is what I LOVE about her!)
- His to Possess #3: Perfect Storm by Opal Carew
- I Take You by Nikki Gemmell <— the synopsis for this one has my attention, except the reviews are all over the place… It sounds like it gets very dark (but willingly so?), but also something that may be light at the end of the tunnel. I dunno, but I’m definitely curious. And all the reviews (even the not so enthusiastic ones) seem to love this author’s previous work and writing…
- Just One Night by Kyra Davis <— this one sounds so good! Definitely on my TBR list as of right now. Okay so from the blurb, she’s “stable” in her career, life, has a fiancé and all that. Then she goes to Vegas with friends on her 30th birthday: “… she hits the blackjack tables. And meets him. Under the tailored clothes it’s clear that this is a man who is intense, powerful, and maybe even a little dangerous.” annnnd… stuff happens and then: “But when the mysterious gentleman she’s just had a fling with shows up in her office—as the CEO of a firm her company does a billion dollars of business with a year, demanding that she handle his account, and so much more—things will never be the same again.” <—- eeeep! Sounds like fun!
- Obsessed by Him (The Billionaire’s Club) by Red Garnier
- One Hot Night (Old Port Nights) by Samantha Hunter <— Hockey player alert! Plus he’s her landlord, owns the sports bar next door and he’s ten years younger than she is… could be fun!
- Somebody to Love: A Cupid, Texas Novel by Lori Wilde
- Sweetest Mistake by Candis Terry <— firefighter and former marine. Okay… the synopsis said more than that, but you know… I got stuck on that part. 😉 *giggle*
- The View From The Tower by Charles Lambert <— a thriller, and it sounds good! “A psychological thriller sure to appeal to fans of William Boyd and John Le Carre…Can she trust them? Can you? Helen is in a hotel room with her lover in Rome, when a gunman murders her husband, a high-level politician, less than a mile away. Helen immediately finds herself both a suspect and suspicious of those around her – including her friends and her husband’s family, and her lover, Giacomo, an ex-terrorist with a new wife and a reinvented life. As Helen struggles to understand her husband’s death and the extent to which she and the people she knows may have been responsible, she is forced to examine her own past and peel back the years of secrets and lies.“
- The Wedding Favor: A Save the Date Novel by Cara Connelly
- Yearn: Tales of Lust and Longing by Tobsha Learner
- The Actor’s Secret (Romance Secret Series) by Susan Stevens “When Sephora is assigned to be his assistant, she wonders if it’s going to turn into a nightmare. But suprisingly, she does everything right, and is able to handle Garrett. One day, however, she learns that Garrett’s troublesome ways are not due to bad behaviour, but a dark secret that he has to hide from the world.“
- All I Want Is You (A Chester Farms Novella) by Keri Ford
- All That Glitters by Laura Oliva
- The Bad Boy’s Secret (Romance Secret Series) by Susan Stevens <— looks good but it’s short. “… But when she suddenly shows up, pretty still on the outside, but broken on the inside, it’s up to her to find her place in the world. He won’t let her associate with the riffraff he’s fallen in with, unless its in secret, in hidden places. He won’t let her fall to where he now lives, but feels betrayed when her heart falls for his enemy.“
Fallen Crest Public by Tijan came out yesterday.
Yep! It’s in there. 😀 I’m anxious to read this series! Thanks Kiva!
Swore I wasn’t going to buy anything today…but….. LOVE The Beaumont Series! Also, 1-clicked Just for You (looks good!) and Sweetest Mistake, which might be just the kind of “sweet” book I need to read after I just finished Sempre! Thanks for everything Maryse – you rock! Happy New Year to all!
Fallen Crest Public…gotta love those Kade brothers!
BTW, three things to avoid: drunk texting, drunk dialing, and drunk one-clicking. Come on now, don’t judge. My hubby got me all liquored up and then he fell asleep. I now have books I never thought I would buy. 😉
Amy, LOL!!! I always enjoy your comments!!!
I just one-clicked a few for my day off tomorrow. Meant for Me is at the top!! Happy New Year Everyone!!
Thanks, Jean. *hee hee* Hope you have a fun New Year’s Eve!! 🙂
Fallen Crest Public, absolutely amazing
Happy New Years Eve!
Grabbed several of these this week. From your list i grabbed the Complete Books of the Groupie Universe cant beat that price.
Finished Return To Poughkeepsie in one sitting. Sooo good and action packed! Action, adventure, humor & sweetness – this book made me fall in love with the brothers all over again. Annd.. there’s another yummy (new) character in this book. It’s been a loong wait for this sequel but soo worth it! Oh and FYI – there’s a book 3! Eeep!!!
Oh and Happy New Year Maryse & book friends!!! 🙂
I’d like to clarify that Just One Night by Kyra Davis is not new, it’s just the first time that all 3 parts have been in one book. I almost one-clicked this, but then checked my TBR list (I read A LOT so I keep an excel spreadsheet & rate books as I read them) and saw that I had already read it as a series (quick read, good characters, good story). Don’t want any upset readers one-clicking it thinking it’s a new work only to discover they’ve already read it. Thanks for the amazeballs-as-always list & recommendations! Happy New Year!!!
I’m in a book rut. Anybody have a suggestion?
Yeah thanks for new m/m suggestions… I am still addicted to them haha
Fantasy land by Kristen Ashley!!!!!
LisaB, try Marked. Part 1: The Missing Link by JM Sevilla. I read it this week and it is GREAT…..and it’s FREE on Amazon right now. Just beware it is part 1 of 2 but not a total cliffy.
Elizabeth -ohmygosh I finished Marked Part 1 this past week too & loved it!!! Do you know when Part 2 is supposed to be released?
Maryse, when will you be releasing your top books for 2013? Happy New Years Eve!
Jeanie V, I know wasn’t it good. I saw on the author’s Amazon page that Part 2 would be out “no later than March”. Did you read Beginnings? I had to get it after I read Marked. It is also by JM Sevilla. It is completely different from Marked but really good. It is $0.99 on Amazon.
Just an fyi: One Hot Night and Eli’s Promise are short! Around 80 pages. I almost bought both. Very good samples! But I want more than a novella… but others might not care. Just letting you know. 😉
Thanks so much for the shout out for Beg Me to Slay!!! 🙂
I love that cover… *swoon*
Hope you enjoy the book…