WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! TWO awesome sounding books went live today!!
- Taking Turns (The Turning Series Book 1) by J.A. Huss <— *BLUSH* Whoa… that looks like a lot of men… and just one woman? Oh wow but boy do I love that blurb!!! “I accepted the key and unlocked the door to their forbidden world. Number One is mostly silent. He watches me with them very carefully. His gaze never wanders. His interest never wanes. Number Two is mostly gentle. But it’s the other side of him I like best. The wild side. Number Three is mostly reserved. He refuses to cross the line. Even when I beg. It was carnal, it was sensual, and it was erotic. That’s it. That’s all it was supposed to be. A trip into the dark. A peek into the forbidden. I just didn’t expect to like them.”
- Friction by Emily Snow <— A NEW BOOK BY EMILY SNOW JUST WENT LIVE!!!! HE’S HER BOSS!!! She’s starting over but her new boss is her worst nightmare… and they have history! “The only problem is her boss, Mr. Extreme himself: Jace Exley. He’s everything any sane woman dreams of—alpha, successful, ridiculously gorgeous. He’s also Lucy’s worst nightmare. Because like every overachiever, she has that underachiever she brushed off. The slacker who, once upon a time ago, was the object of her dirtiest schoolgirl fantasies. Jace Exley—with his sarcastic smirk and delicious accent—just happens to be that guy…”
Okay it’s ready and it’s the biggest new release list in awhile. 100+!!!! Even the audiobooks section is crazy (in fact, there’s an audiobook available today, that is only up for preorder in ebook format for February. Craziness!) OH AND!!! If you missed it, make sure to check out the Monday “early bird” releases. It’s just as exciting as today’s ➜ 12 Earlybird Book Releases!!
This is a magical release day, you guys! Not only is it huge and loaded with our BIG HIT authors, but there are a lot of series conclusions that just went live, so for those of you aghast (and possibly titillated) by the latest cliffhanger, relief is on the way!! And for those of you dying to start a series that everyone is loving, but refuse to unless all the books are out, some of these are ready.
In fact a few of my fellow readers were highly anticipating today’s releases!
Tessa: Back to books, next week is the beginning of insanity. Feverborn and Next to Never? *squees* Week after that, the eleventh Charlie Davidson book. All of which makes me happy.
Grey: Super excited about next week. Next to Never and Fidelity come out!
Nay: It would be so awesome if Feversong, by some miracle, released early–too bad there’s a snowball’s chance in hades of that happening! Good morning, everyone!!
Grey: I’m rereading Bully! *squee* Tessa! where are you?!?! Tomorrow, Next to Never comes out! I am kind of bummed I didn’t get an ARC of this one, I would have probably cried LOL! Anyway, gah, Jared and Tate… I love my jerk faced bullies and I know my favorite book is coming next! *tosses confetti in the air* I’m such a sucker…and the playlist thing just makes it for me!
Tessa: Grey, I have Next to Never pre-ordered along with Feversong. I’m not sure which I’ll read first, but probably Feversong. The ending in the last one really gives me a lot of hope.
Sherry: Fidelity by Aleatha Romig 😀 I’m staying awake waiting for this bad boy!!! STOKED!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Egomaniac by VI Keeland <— I have this in ebook! Can’t wait to read it!!
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
- Separation Games: The Games Duet, Book 2 by CD Weiss
- Feversong by Karen Marie Moning
- Real Good Love: The Real Duet, Book 2 by Meghan March
- Next to Never: Fall Away, Book 4.5 by Penelope Douglas
- A Merciful Death: Mercy Kilpatrick, Book 1 by Kendra Elliot
- The Rule Maker: Rule Breakers, Book 2 by Jennifer Blackwood
- Murmuration by TJ Klune <— M/M ROMANCE
- Hanging the Stars: Half Moon Bay, Book 2 by Rhys Ford <— M/M ROMANCE
- When All the World Sleeps by Lisa Henry <— M/M ROMANCE (sounds like a thriller, too!!)
- Buttons and Hate by Penelope Sky <— Wait. What?!!! The audiobook is live now, but the ebook version is only going live in February? How did that happen? Eh… I love anomalies!!!
- Slightly Scandalous: Bedwyn Saga Series, Book 3 by Mary Balogh
- Southern Desire by Kaylee Ryan
- Saint: Boston Underworld, Book 4 by A. Zavarelli
- Dirty Money: Roughneck Billionaires Series, Book 1 by Jessica Clare
- Tangled Up by Erin Nicholas
- The Wicked City: A Novel by Beatriz Williams
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Full Tilt by Emma Scott <— TEAR-JERKER AWESOMENESS and it’s bargain priced right now!!! Jen C found us this sale!!!! “Oooh Full Tilt by Emma Scott… Added it to my Amazon wishlist after seeing it on SO MANY of y’alls top 2016 lists. Think that’ll be my next read!” I five starred this one!
- The Girls in the Garden: A Novel by Lisa Jewell <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT and it’s super bargain priced today!!! The perfect, safest place… or is it? “Imagine that you live on a picturesque communal garden square, an oasis in urban London where your children run free, in and out of other people’s houses. You’ve known your neighbors for years and you trust them. Implicitly. You think your children are safe. But are they really?“
- Redemption: A Bad Boy MMA Fighter Romance (Warrior Zone Fighters Book 1) by Tia Lewis <— MMA FIGHTER BOOK ALERT! Just released a couple of days ago and super-bargain priced! He was the champion and he’s training to get his title back… “When feisty and irresistible Hannah Collins, owner of Sweet Treats Bakery, unexpectedly walks into my life, she turns into a distraction I don’t need. But something about her forces me to take notice, and I couldn’t shake her mesmerizing green eyes and tempting curves from my mind. I’m determined to regain my title as the best cage fighter in the world, and will also convince Hannah that she belongs to me… no matter what it takes.”
- The Other Side Of Someday by T.K. Leigh <— SHE STARTS OVER SOMEWHERE ELSE & MEETS HIM (who already HAS the perfect life… and already has his perfect girlfriend). “His life is perfect. Perfect apartment. Perfect girlfriend. Perfect dog. Until a friendship with a beautiful woman with vibrant red hair and a similar taste in cheesy movies throws his perfect life into a tailspin…” It’s super-bargain priced today!
- Neighbors (A Twin Estates Novel Book 1) by Stylo Fantome <— STYLO FANTOME ALERT! GOOD GIRL HAS NEIGHBORS… remember this one?? It’s bargain priced, and book #2 was just released (below) and it too, is bargain priced today!!
- Taint: A Sexual Education Novel by S.L. Jennings <— HE TEACHES HOUSEWIVES HOW TO… 😉 *waggles eyebrows* Suzan LOVED it!
Suzan: Oh Maryse!! Just finished reading Taint by S.L. Jennings and it was fantastic! It was so witty, funny and sexy. The plot is different then most romantic comedy which makes the read even more exciting. I also had to buy the audio version and *squeee* sexy voice Sean Crisden makes the book even BETTER!!! AHHHH soo in love! ok, just had to share my rant on a funny entertaining read/listen!
- The Stone Legacy Series: Books 1-5 by Theresa Dalayne <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!! And it’s super-bargain priced today!
- Life Shocks Romances Collection 3: Inflamed, Jilted, Kindled, Lured by Jade Kerrion <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!! At a great price too!
- El Diablo (The Devil): The Good Ol’ Boys Spin Off by M. Robinson <— HE’S BAD & EVERYONE FEARS HIM ALERT!!! “She was under my protection, until she became my obsession. But who was going to save her… From. Me. The devil himself. Fate brought us together. Destiny destroyed us.” Nancy found us this super-bargain! “El Diablo (The Devil) The Good Ol’ Boys Spin Off by M Robinson… WOW! That blurb sounds good and full length standalone.”
Lisa: I’m reading El Diablo…and OMG. What a horrible horrible man…and yet I still have the feelz for him somehow. I think I need a little therapy!!
- Feversong: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning <— KAREN MARIE MONING FEVER SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT!!!! This is the last one, my friends!!!
- Mated (Olde Town Pack Book 2) by Katie Salidas
- Demon Kin (A SoulTracker Novel #2) (DarkWorld: A Soul Tracker Novel) by T.G. Ayer
- Gideon: Heavenly Fall (Fall From Grace Series Book 1) by Sharon Hamilton
- Beast Rising (The Order of the Wolf Book 7) by Angela Addams
- Protect and Defend (True Mated Romance Book 4) by Francesca Hawley
- Thunder Moon – a beautiful tale of magic and love by Joanne Mallory
- Trusting Justice by J.J. Lore
- Phoenix Born by Laci Maskell
- Phantom Kiss (Chicagoland Vampires) by Chloe Neill <— CHLOE NEILL ALERT!!!
- Thirst: An Energy Vampire Novel (The Energy Vampires) by Jacquelyn Frank <— A VAMPIRE & AN FBI AGENT… “Detective Renee Holden has never worked a homicide quite like this. The victim has twin puncture wounds on his neck, and the only eyewitness swears she saw a vampire. Now’s definitely not the time to get distracted by a seductive stranger…”
- Claws and Fangs by Laurann Dohner <— This one’s a rerelease
- The Returning (A Seer Novel Book 3) by Rachelle Dekker
- Fae Encounter (The Kincaid Werewolves Book 2) by L.E. Wilson
- Summon the Queen (The Revolutionary Series Book 2) by Jodi McIsaac
- Black Soul (The Forbidden Series Book 1) by Odessa Black
- It’s You, Book Two by Katy Regnery <— KATY REGNERY DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!!! She’s a human and he’s a werewolf…
- Savage Sacrifice: A Dire Wolves Mission (The Devil’s Dires Book 5) by Ellis Leigh
- Into the Abyss: A Psychic Visions Novel (Psychic Visions Series Book 10) by Dale Mayer
- Lost (Book Six of the Silver Wood Coven Series): A Paranormal Romance Novel by Hazel Hunter
- The Inconvenient Pet (Alien Slave Masters Book 5) by Samantha Cayto <— M/M PARANORMAL!!!
- King of the Sea by Nathan Bay <— M/M PARANORMAL!!!
- Cursed: A Vampire Blood Courtesans Romance by Jami Brumfield and Michelle Fox
- Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth <— NEW VERONICA ROTH SERIES ALERT!!!! “On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not—their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control…”
- A Viking Ghost for Valentine’s Day (Gambling Ghosts Series Book 2) by Jo-Ann Carson
- Next To Never (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas <— PENELOPE DOUGLAS, SORT OF FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!!! She’s in love with a family friend… who’s an older man, and her brothers are NOT going to go for it. “Under the close watch of the men in her family, Quinn has found it nearly impossible to spread her wings—or even date—without them jumping in to hover. And when a family friend—several years older—from her childhood captures her heart, she knows they’re going to be a problem. Lucas Morrow is a man—experienced, sophisticated, and important. And knowing her brothers, he may as well be forbidden…“
- The Wicked City: A Novel by Beatriz Williams
- A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick Book 1) by Kendra Elliot
- The F-Word: a sexy romantic comedy by Sandra Marton
- Tangled Up (Taking Chances Book 2) by Erin Nicholas
- Adoring Ink: A Montgomery Ink Novella by Carrie Ann Ryan
- The Rising: A Novel by Heather Graham and Jon Land
- Fidelity (Infidelity Book 5) by Aleatha Romig <— ALEATHA ROMIG SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT!!! This series is much-loved by many in our group, and it’s not about cheating (even if the series title might give that impression).
- Irresistible Attraction by Brenda Jackson
- Sweet Somethings by Barbara Freethy
- Southern Desire: Southern Heart #2 by Kaylee Ryan
- Ethan (Farraday Country Book 5) by Chris Keniston
- Mr. Purr-fect and the Geek (Gone Geek Book 2) by Sidney Bristol
- The Cocky Thief (Stolen Hearts Book 1) by Mallory Crowe
- Girl Breaker (Break on Through Book 3) by Harper Kincaid
- Home Run (The Boys of Summer Book 2) by Heidi McLaughlin <— DISTRACTED BASEBALL STAR ALERT!!! “There’s nothing that could take my dream away from me . . . Unless I lose focus. And Ainsley Burke is the most beautiful, distracting woman I’ve ever met. When I’m with her, I can’t think of anything else. But no matter how much I want Ainsley, there’s no room for love in my game plan...”
- Entice Me by J. Kenner
- Contract Signed (Triggerman, Inc. Book 1) by Marie Harte
- Hero in Disguise by Sharla Lovelace
- Staying Grounded (A Rocky Harbor Novel Book 1) by Marianne Rice
- Red’s Salvation (Red Starr, Book Seven) by Kennedy Layne <— SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT!!!
- You Shook Me All Night Long (Scorned Lovers Book 1) by Simone Harlow
- Deceit in Bloom (The Love Unauthorized Series Book 1) by Jennifer Michael
- Real Good Love (Real Duet Book 2) by Meghan March <— DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! I won’t read the blurb so I don’t spoil it, but here’s #1 Real Good Man: A Dirty Series Spin-Off (Real Duet Book 1) and he’s a mechanic and she’s a NY party girl… “We were never supposed to meet, but one text started something neither of us saw coming…“
- White Knuckles (Lost Kings MC #7) by Autumn Jones Lake
- Let It Burn (The Barrington Billionaires, Book 4) by Ruth Cardello
- Flawed: An Ethan Frost Novel by Tracy Wolff <— HER FAMILY CUTS HER OFF & HER BOSS HELPS HER… “His sister, Chloe—Ethan Frost’s wife—is my best friend, but I know just how low Miles will stoop to get what he wants. Now he’s the last thing I want: my boss. Growing up, I had it all—except for the sense that I belonged. And when a mistake from my past surfaces in the press, my parents don’t hesitate to cut me off. But surprisingly, Miles offers me a helping hand…“
- Beneath the Surface by M.J. Frederick
- All the While (The Senior Semester Series Book 3) by Gina Azzi
- The Last Summer Girl: A Coming of Age Love Story by S.C. York
- Dirty Money (Roughneck Billionaires) by Jessica Clare <— HE WAS DIRT POOR & BECOMES A BILLIONAIRE WHEN HIS LAND IS SITTING ON OIL… and he’s found himself a classy potential trophy wife. “Boone’s determined to win her affection and show the world that he’s more than just a dirty fool with a bit of money. Ivy’s classy and beautiful – she’ll make the perfect trophy wife. The fact that she’s sexy and funny is just a bonus. There’s one tiny problem – Ivy’s as dirt poor as Boone was. Her carefully crafted veneer of luxury? All an act to promote her business…” <— Tee hee!! I don’t think he realizes she’s poor by how this blurb ends. 😉
- Best Laid Plans & Other Disasters (Cambria Trilogy Book 2) by Amy Rivers
- Driven to Distraction (Lovestruck Librarians) by Olivia Dade
- Daring to Fall (Hidden Falls) by T. J. Kline
- Inking Scars (Ink and Metal Book 1) by M.A. Stacie
- Big Shot by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde <— THE PLAYER & HIS BEST FRIEND’S LITTLE SISTER... “Wes Sinclair is a notorious heart-breaker, a hot as sin bad boy with a panty-dropping smile no woman can resist. Except for his best friend’s little sister and business adversary, Natalie Prescott, who seems immune to his flirtatious charms...”
- Bad News by Lilly James
- Sex, Love and Rock n’ Roll by Scott Mackenzie <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT! KARINA HALLE’S HUSBAND WROTE THIS!!!! “When he meets a seemingly innocent girl by the name of Leah, he pulls her into a secret sexual world, a world that will both test their limits and bring them together. But Leah is not who she seems. Neither is Jack...”
- Giving It All: A Naked Men Novel by Christi Barth
- Spurred On (Stripped Down) by Sabrina York
- Life of the Party (Calypso Falls) by Kris Fletcher
- BRANNA by L.A. Casey <— * Book 4.5 in the Slater Brothers series *
- The Neighborhood (A Twin Estates Novel Book 2) by Stylo Fantome <— STYLO FANTOME ALERT!! GOOD GIRL HAS NEIGHBORS… This is the sequels to Neighbors (A Twin Estates Novel Book 1) – “Throw in a neighbor who wants to corrupt her, and another who just wants to own her, and her entire world is flipped upside down…“
- A Second Chance At Forever (The Chance Series Book 2) by K.B. Andrews
- Shades Of Resolution (Distortion Series Book 3) by Aimee Mcneil
- Hey Harry, Hey Matilda: A Novel by Rachel Hulin
- Protecting the Soul: Souls of Chicago Series by Annabella Michaels <— M/M ROMANCE!!! He’s a band manager, and he needs a bodyguard for them… “He’s relieved when new security is added, until he finds out that the person hired to protect his brother is the same man Landon has spent months trying to forget…” (it can be read as a standalone, but best read in order)
- Scary (Twirled World Ink Book 3) by J.M. Dabney <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Return to Falcon Ridge (The McLendon Family Saga Book 6) by D.L. Roan <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Atonement (The Protectors, Book 6) by Sloane Kennedy <— M/M ROMANCE!!! This CAN be read as a standalone!!!
- Mr. Trouble: A London Billionaire Standalone (London Billionaires Book 2) by Nana Malone
- Send a Star by Laura Briggs and Sarah Burgess
- Best in Bed by Cheryl Dragon
- A Word for Love: A Novel by Emily Robbins <— AN AMERICAN EXCHANGE STUDENT TRAVELS TO SYRIA (FORBIDDEN LOVE STORY) this sounds SOOOOO good!!! “But once in this foreign country, Bea finds that instead of intensely reading Arabic she is entwined in her host family’s complicated lives–as they lock the doors, and whisper anxiously about impending revolution. And suddenly, instead of the ancient love story she sought, it is her daily witness of a contemporary Romeo and Juliet-like romance–between a housemaid and policeman of different cultural and political backgrounds…“
- Bound by the SEAL (ASSIGNMENT: Caribbean Nights Book 5) by Zoe York
- Quinn’s Honor (MacLarens of Boundary Mountain Historical Western Romance Book 3) by Shirleen Davies
- Cowboy Sanctuary (The Dixon Ranch) by Michelle Hughes
- Distorted: A Tale of Modern Deception by Melody Jones
- The Cold Hard Truth: A gripping novel about secrets and lies by Amanda Leigh Cowley
- Dirty Secret by Chelle Bliss and Brenda Rothert <— DAUGHTER OF A POLITICIAN & A HACKER ALERT! “…She’s out to prove she’s more than her father’s dirty secret. One of her first assignments is simple. Get close to Phoenix Ash, collect enough evidence to put him away for life, and get out unscathed. Phoenix Ash is a world renowned hacker…“
- Two Hearts Rescue: Park City Firefighter Romance by Daniel Banner
- Build it Strong (The Ballard Brothers of Darling Bay Book 2) by Rachael Herron
- Catching Zia (Spring Training Book 1) by Becca Jameson
- Dreaming With You (Morello Cove Book 3) by Jannie Lund
- Murphy’s Law (Damaged Heroes Book 1) by Sandy James
- Razing Grace: Part 2 by Amo Jones <— SOUNDS SUPER-DARK ALERT!!! I didn’t really read this blurb, but book #1 is about a nun that is kidnapped and all the rest that goes with that… (here’s book #1: Razing Grace: Part 1 – “I was taken. Everything I thought I knew was about to rain down on me in drops of lies, deceit, and undiluted evil.”)
- Sorry Charlie (The Marilyn’s Book 3) by Katie Graykowski
- Dirty Filthy Boy (A Bad Boy Sports Romance) (Chicago Outlaws Book 1) by Magda Alexander
- Tell Me True (The Cinderella Project Book 3) by Ally Blake
- Phoenix After Dark by Phoenix Williams
- Standby: WQUZ News Book 1 by Brandy Ayers
- A Flaw So Beautiful by Alora Kate <— SHE’S RECLUSIVE & HER NEIGHBOR WANTS TO KNOW HER ALERT! “…I’m barely holding on. I’m always on the edge, even after all these years. I live every day the same and I can’t change who I am no matter how much I try. My new neighbor won’t give up asking my name and trying to make conversation with me. If he knew me he wouldn’t keep trying. I’m a lost cause…“
- Devil Within (Bodyguard Incorporated Book 1) by Kali Argent <— AUTHOR BEING STALKED…
- Corrupt Me (Philly Corruption Book 1) by Jillian Quinn <— CRIMINAL UNDERGROUND…
- Sacred and Profane: Priest Erotic Romance by Torrance Sené
- Coming Alive: Welcome to Carson, Book One by Renee Harless
- Secrets by La Kata E.K.
- Quiet Redemption by Geoff Russell
- Shafted (Devil’s Blaze MC Book 4) by Jordan Marie <— BIKER BOOK ALERT & THE A PART OF THE BLURB MADE ME BLUSH!! Although this is the more innocent part: “She’s the granddaughter of a rival club’s President. She’s barely legal and way too innocent for me. I’m too old. Too hardened by life, but one taste of her and it’s too late. I’ve claimed her as my own…“
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Taking Turns (The Turning Series Book 1) by J.A. Huss – January 18th 2017
- The Room Mate by Kendall Ryan – January 24th 2017
- Gravity by Lauren Runow – January 24th 2017
- His Undeniable Secret (A New Adult Erotic Romance) by Shayla Black – January 23rd 2017
- Casanova by Emma Hart – January 24th 2017
- Accidentally on Purpose: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel by Jill Shalvis – January 24th 2017
- Power Game (GhostWalker Novel, A) by Christine Feehan – January 24th 2017
- Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson Series) by Darynda Jones – January 24th 2017
- Before the Lie (The Confession Duet Book 1) by K.D. Robichaux – January 24th 2017
- Preppy: The Life and Death of Samuel Clearwater Part TWO (King Series Book 6) by T.M. Frazier – January 24th 2017
- Any Time and Any Place (The Billionaire Builders Book 2) by Jennifer Probst – January 24th 2017
- Raw Deal (Larson Brothers) by Cherrie Lynn – January 24th 2017
- Any Time, Any Place (The Billionaire Builders Book 2) by Jennifer Probst – January 24th 2017
- Put Out (Kilgore Fire Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – January 26th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Oooh. Wow. What a list!
My exact words, Grey 🙂
One-clicked both Neighbors and Neighborhood by Stylo Fantome. I have only ever read one of her books – My Time in the Affair. But I loved that book.
Next week is gonna be crazy as well – JA Huss, Kendall Ryan and Cherrie Lynn. Reading the blurb to Raw Deal made me preorder it right away. Can’t wait to start that one – I can already feel my heart beating a bit faster.
Sweet but totally unnecessary since we’re all trying to work off our TBR’s…LOL
Anywho, I’m not really feeling this new Torre book for the fact she lied about her smarts just to be with this clown she’s engaged to 🙁
One clicked Full Tilt, have heard so many good things. And can’t wait to read the Neighborhood and see how it all ends.
Currently reading all the Stage Dive novels by Kylie Scott in paperback. Weird have to have the light on at night to read. So used to reading on the iPad.
Crap, I missed 2 releases? Neighborhood 2 and Phantom Kiss!
Alright one-clicked them. The Chicagoland is a novella, which explains how I missed it. So many awesome books await my right now. You all know me well enough that they will be read!
Forget this thread was here, so I asked this on the old one:
Tessa–you reading Feversong yet??
Next week is also Charley Davidson!! I’m 2 books behind on Chicagoland Vamps. Both are great series!
Yes! It has been kind of sad, but not Manny sad. Mostly the angst of what will happen next is choking me.
With my dr. appt today, I’m only at 9%, but the fam is getting pizza for supper tonight!
We have something serious to talk about here.
It needs to be addressed.
There are certain people posting on this blog who did not like Deeper and (brace yourself) and A Beautiful Disaster.
Maryse….. I don’t even know. I don’t even know.
I’m only at 18%. Something tells me, by the time it’s done, I’ll need Manny.
Look. Look what you all did.
You made Maryse thud.
It is a sad day.
A day to remember.
*hangs head in shame*
Lol I still stand by not liking Deeper.
What’s Deeper? *shrug*
I know, I know. But I’ve been considering giving BD another try. I think it may have been one of those ‘frame of mind’ things when I read it. I want to love it and then I want to feel the need to read the rest of the series!
Nay, I love Travis but the Maddox Bros series is not very good. I only liked very last book as it was conclusion.
Grey, by Robin York.
I only read Beautiful Disaster and have no urge to read the others. It was a 5 star stand alone and I’m happy with how it ended.
Oh, well ok! I won’t worry about the rest of it then! lol I have TONS of other books/series that I MUST read asap!! I’m going to read that ‘Monster’ book Grey has mentioned to me several times next, I think. I’m on a paranormal tear!
I didn’t read the Maddox brothers books either. I knew I’d compare each brother with Travis & none of them would measure up & it would affect my enjoyment of the stories.
I loved Deeper. It just charmed me and I loved the heroine. Her head I could be in.
Maryse, I have to say thank you! If you hadn’t put the Chicagoland book or Neighborhood up, I’d have missed them. So *big hugs* Thank you!
Nay, have you read any Amilia Hutchins book before?
Ooh yay! Nay, you will LOVE PWM!!! *Squee*
I just got home from work. It’s been a rotten day. No reading time at all. *pout*.
Leslie you’re in GR TPAM right? That’s not another Leslie?
Tessa–Yes, I’ve read (and flurved) the first 3 Fae Chronicles books. But for some reason, I just can’t get through the 4th one. I think that’s the one I’m going to finally finish for my challenge theme, ‘try, try again’.
bev was it you that mentioned Litsy before? I wasn’t following because I’d never even heard of it, but now I’m trying to figure it out. What the heck is it for?
R, this can explain it better than I.
I haven’t been on since Fabi and I that day….not sure it is for me. I can see the appeal of it though.
No stars at least, lol.
Awwwww bev is so cute ‘n grumpy!!!!
Thanks bev! I saw bookoutlet.com mention it today and I started playing with it, but got nowhere. This explains a lot. I wonder if it will stick. It seems to have users! I may friend you guys, just ignore me. I certainly don’t want another social app, but I’d like to know how it works!
bev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t even see your pic! I love it!!
I see the appeal of photos and easy ratings.
But I’m not on instagram so aspects similar to that are foreign to me.
Maryse, only for a bit. I never worried about someone being all, hey that’s my monkey but this little puppy….
Oh, speaking of book outlet I am interested in these stores, cause there is a Australian YA I was interested in but not on kindle.
Bookoutlet is awesome if you’re going to by enough to justify shipping; still it’s reasonable. I finally figured out how to shop by genre today and it’s a whole new world! They only get certain books, but I’ve found some real gems.
Bev–your puppy is so cute! Looks like a little bandit!!
I just read a review for Karina Halle’s husband’s new book, Sex, Love and Rock n’ Roll by Scott Mackenzie, and it was described as ‘raunchy’ (in a *good* way)!
I downloaded a copy of that bad boy last night. Raunchy is putting it mildly 😀
How was the writing?
I think it’s awesome he went for it!
I got a copy of it today. Now I just have to find the time to read it.
Thanks, Nay. It’s probably short term. A nod to Maryse ‘ s Wolfsong review, lol.
Wth Maryse? What a mighty list. Ela I didn’t really flove the new Torre either. It was ok I guess but not my fav of hers. Mary Balogh’s Slightly series must be coming out on kindle at last. Lovely HRs. I’ve got all six in paperback. The best one IMO is the last one Slightly Dangerous but the others are good too.
I just started a new book, but feel like I want a really good escapist read for this weekend.
Well, I think I’ll be reading that bad boy next then! A little break between PnRs. I haven’t read a good rock star book in a long while, and I’m all over ‘raunchy’! lol
Yes Fabi, that is me. Luckily there are not too many Leslie’s. Except recently Maryse quoted one who loved Nicholas Sparks (yuck) and I was hoping no one thought it was me. Hee hee
Bev, cute puppy! (still like the monkey though)
“Raunchy in a good way”…sign me up!! Also excited to read Neighbors & Infidelity series.
Gah!!! Too many good ones coming out lately!!! So much for keeping TBR under control.
Bummed that new A. Torre getting mixed reviews.
Maryse, have you seen Penelope Wards new one coming in Feb? Not on amazon yet. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/33783309-mack-daddy?ac=1&from_search=true *fans self* That is one hot cover!!!
Amy???? Where are you?? We miss you. I need a drink. I dont care if it’s a.m. I’m sick of snow!!
Trying Tell Me You Love Me. It was the answer to one of the help me find this book questions. The premise and cover sounded cute. I one clicked.
I’m just a few pages in and thinking not for me. It’s before noon and the women are sitting around drinking straight vodka ogling firefighters on there run. The heroine just come right out and starts talking to the new guy about his…..Really?
Not to get too PC and it is a fiction book, but if the genders were reversed.
“It’s before noon and the women are sitting around drinking straight vodka ogling firefighters on there run.”
Um…you say this like it’s a bad thing. It’s not, right? Amy help me out here!
Grr. Their their their. Blah.
Yes. I will admit it the early drinking, talk of one out drinking the men, and one already having red eyes ……..I start thinking, there is a problem here.
Amy’s at work. Hopefully not tipsy and sexually harassing the men around her.
I can’t decide what I want to read! Someone, anyone, decide for me please. Just…Something light and fun?
Carly, I’m reading Egomaniac and it seems to fit your description.
What’s up ladies!!!
I just went into Whole Foods for lunch, and guess what I thought of the entire time?
Yep…Bad Mommy. 😉
*quickly skims comments before lunch break ends*
I’m with R…all of that drinking vodka and ogling firemen? Heck. Yeah.
“Hopefully not tipsy and sexually harassing the men around her.” <——- Ummm, yeah. Sure. I would never do that. *hides flask*
Just look at them. And 3 special needs pups.
Maryse, did you decide on a read?
Amy, put the booze and bag boy back. It’s the middle of the day.
Leslie…meet up with me after work and I’ll hook you up! 😉 Work…that’s where I have been. Boo. But I am thankful I have a job.
Did I read that correctly? There are still some BD and Deeper virgins running around here?!? Holy hell, we have some cherries that need a-poppin’!!!!
bev…love your adorable puppy. 😀 Although I do miss the flabbergasted monkey pic, LOL!
OMG, puppies. I’m rooting for Winston. He and I have the same issues. Gotta root for my pup, right?
I think Feversong might be the end of Mac and Barron’s story, but I honestly don’t think it’s the last book. I’m only at a77%, but I can’t see resolving other character’s storyline in that short of a time.
The rest of my comment went who knows where.
Is it a laugh and possibly risk peeing kinda book? Because I need warning about that sorta thing now..
I’ve laughed out loud several times so far, but no peeing yet. (and I would know – Amy keeps supplies on hand for my little mishaps)
Amy, I like my monkey too. This is just my group hug face.
LOL!!!! Group hug face. 😛 *snort*
Tessa, I want to take Winston home. His ears and fuzz on top of his head? So freaking cute.
I know! He’s so pretty. Also, hard of hearing and has trouble seeing? That alone makes my heart melt. 😀
Landline is 2.99.
The puppy told me to buy the book, so I did.
“Landline is 2.99.
Why? I haven’t heard even a small squee from you.
omg, I just that grouchy puppy 🙂
Fabi, I have. Maryse, back me up. You’ve heard me, right?
I swear I even one time typed out a big long quote. A long one.
Plus, it’s my puppy’s favorite book. Tessa knows. Hey you Winston is adoptable, right?
Oh, and I dnf’d that book I was talking about. All 5 stars on GR. I don’t get it. Just…..no.
Which book did you DNF, bev? Maybe I should continue backtracking…
I was giving you a hard time. I have heard you talk about Landline before. So 2.99 is a good price for it? I’ve been going crazy buying books lately. Which is not really a problem other than I don’t have time to read them. NYR demands I at least try to read every one I buy. If it’s a dnf, that’s ok. But I’m not allowing myself to buy any that will sit in my tbr unopened. Only freebies are allowed to do that. 😉
Lol. I know, Fabi. 🙂
I think so, that it is worth that price. For me it was actually a library book. There is actually something through chrome, I just saw, that will check your local libraries for a book when you go to buy it from Amazon. I haven’t tried it.
Has anyone been following CoHo’s charity drive today for a local homeless man in her area? She created a “gofundme” for 5k and raised over 50k in ONE DAY. I’m dying. I LOVE her. Have I mentioned that lately? Because I do.
Colleen is awesome R. I adore her. Such a talented author, so clever and fun (online and in person), and such an amazing heart.
R, it says 53 of a 50k goal. So she asked for 50K?
She asked for 5k and that was surpassed so fast she upped it to 20, then people wouldn’t stop, so 50. I’m blown away.
I see, she raised the goal. People are amazing to donate like that. That is a lump some that most will never see at once unless they own and sell a home or some thing like.
I know. That amount is mind boggling to me.
I wonder how they have it planned out? Is a trust set up or just his to spend?
If it is a trust that is a big responsibility she is taking on.
I don’t think they expected this. I’m sure she’s overseeing it for him though.
It is such a big sum. Yet, when you think college, car, rent, furniture, glasses, ect. …..not as much as it first seems.
The money is great, but I think it is awesome that she and the other community members have taken such time to help him get identification, set up for GED and so on.
I admire people who take such a personal interest and care, definitely not something I have ever done.
*stomps in and grabs Manny*
*drags him into the blankie Fort*
Feversong. Don’t ask. Just… I’m crying a lot.
*hands extra tissues and lots of chocolate to Tessa*
I don’t know how you guys manage these emotional reads all the time.
Tessa–How far are you in?
‘My philosophy is pretty simple–any day I’m not killing somebody is a good day in my book.’
Feversong by Karen Marie Moning
Tessa–nevermind! I just saw on GR that you finished it. I broke down and got the audiobook, so I started over. I’ve listened to the last five (since Dreamfever), and I just couldn’t resist! I’m at 40%.
Audiobooks rule!!! I have no idea how I lived without them.
Yep. Not even going to say where I was at so there aren’t potential spoilers. I was seriously ugly crying though.
*takes the chocolate and tissues* Thank you Leslie. Nay will need some too.
“Move it, Quinn!” I hear Jax bellow, clapping his hands.
Next to Never by Penelope Douglas
It’s already really good, though I just started.
“Move it, Quinn!” I hear Jax bellow, clapping his hands.
Next to Never by Penelope Douglas
But really… The first line is the dedication, which IMHO, is the best damn thing I have ever seen!
To Johanna and Debbie who said I couldn’t sit with them at lunch . . . *waves*
Pen Douglas…in case you’re reading, you f***ing rock!
I am so behind on the Fever series it’s not even funny! I am behind in everything! Lol! Bought so many books already this year!
So, in trying to clean up my TBR, I just read Six of Hearts and freaking loved it! I’m moving into book 2, Hearts of Fire!
FLT: I had a list. (Hearts of Fire, L.H. Cosway)
Oh and First Grave on the Right is 1.99 today……1-click! I know many of you love this series so I’m excited!
Yay, Jean! Yes, I HIGHLY recommend the Charley Davidson series. Reyes Farrow is one of the hottest (literally and figuratively), super sexy heroes out there! I’ve said it before–it’s one of my fave paranormal series!
I’ve been going through my GR shelves: trying to clean up all my ‘to read’ books that somehow got moved to the ‘read’ shelf, leaving reviews that I overlooked, and deleting hundreds of books I marked ‘to read’ when the Indie publishing craze busted wide open.There’s no way I’d ever read all those books!
I just finished the Mark of the Tala by Jeffe Kennedy and loved it!! I want to recommend anyone who loves fantasy romance!!
Yay Young! Okay I’m adding that to tomorrow’s list. 😀
I four starred that one and still remember it. I just haven’t gotten to the next two. The books are pretty pricey.
“I hate New Year’s Eve” Egomaniac by Vi Keeland
I’m still reading it. @60 or % now. I wish I had more reading time during the weekdays. But it is what it is. And if I’m going to be stuck on a book for several days, then I’m glad it’s this one since its so good.
Oh yay Fabi we’re sort of buddy reading. I’m glad you’re saying it’s so good!! 😀
I’m only at 10%
Oh, that was FLT if anyone was wondering. ha!
Oooo Fabi, I was wondering about Egomaniac! My niece is reading it right now too. I typically love Vi Keeland! Keep me updated!
Santa Claus dropped a little surprise in my inbox over night…
FLT “No heart,” I whispered into the collar of my old navy blue pea coat.
The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott.
Oooooh R!!!!! I’m jealous along with Jean!
NO WAY! NOT FAIR! I DIDN’T GET A GIFT FROM SANTA IN MY INBOX! BOOHOO! I LOVE EMMA SCOTT! SO JEALOUS! YOU LUCKY BRAT! LOL!!!
I only got the first 2 chapters but I inhaled them. It will be out soon and I cannot wait. I’m so freaking excited about this one!!
*holds up box of Poise pads* Yep Fabi, I DO keep these on hands for those of us who have pee mishaps. 😉
OMG bev…I can so see you reacting with that face to a group hug. *snort*
Wait, poise pads……I obviously missed something…. HI AMY!!!
WTH Tessa!! You are using catnip words!!! And I’m behind on the Fever series, dammit.
Colleen Hoover IS an amazing human being. No question.
I am, however, blaming Tarryn Fisher for my new addiction to Whole Foods. I had heard of it but had never been in one, then I read Bad Mommy and my curiosity got the best of me while working in Seattle this week so I gave it a try. It’s pretty pricey but holy moly, I am SO freaking hooked. So thank you, Tarryn Fisher.
Maryse, feel free to send that along to her. 😡
LOL!!! I will.
We have a Whole Foods here in Tampa that I used to go to every few weeks. It is expensive but kind of REALLY fun because there’s all SORTS of stuff. And so healthy. I’m half-hippy anyway, so that’s totally my thing.
Lol We have Whole Foods here, but the price is insane. I usually can get the same thing from Sprouts for less. What did you like about Whole Foods?
And seriously, you all need to read the rest. Everyone remember, there is a reason for the Eep that happened. This, though… *sob* One of the deaths got me big time.
I just started Friction by Emily Snow. Hot hot hot & it just got very interesting!!! Oh my!!!! That’s where I’m at!!!! Anyone else reading it. What a list!! I’m a little behind I need to study it & click away!!!
Lisa M I’m not reading it but that blurb had me for sure.
Make sure to let us know what you think of it as you go (or when you finish). :D!!
Oh hell Tessa… Is it like a Therapy type read???
Amy, Maryse was giving random group hugs when reading Wolfsong. It made us all suspicious.
Jean, we don’t talk about it but Amy & Fabi have an incontinence ……..issue.
I still have not read Emma Scott.
I’m trying to stay on my reading schedule, but like I said I want/need a really good read for tomorrow and the weekend.
Might squirrel to one of my other reads.
Actually…it made all of us jump into the puppy pile for huggles.
Except bev, who raised her eyebrows, sniffed around, and and wondered why we were all being idiots. 😉
Reading one of Emma Scott’s books is one of NYR this year. 🙂
Fabi, her latest might be the one for you! You will LOVE her h. I thought of you the whole time I was reading. I was like oooh! I think she’ll be Fabi-approved!
Hey we have a Whole Foods here too. Yes expensive, but Bradley Cooper has been spotted there on numerous occasions (his mom lives around the corner) so just that makes it worth visiting! Lol.
OK, I’ll need to move the Fever series back up on my list Tessa. I think I read the first 3.
I need to read an Emma Scott too. Jealous R!! Look at all of us with our reading resolutions haha!
Right now I’m reading Vi Keeland’s Egomaniac. I needed something “light” but office-romancey.
I’ve read a bunch from this author. I don’t think I’ve 5-starred any from her yet, but I really like her anyway. There’s a “feel” in her stories that I connect to.
bev I’m not sure about because I’m still figuring out her tastes, but Grey, YES YOU DO!!
I usually tell everyone to start with RUSH because that’s my favorite, or Full Tilt because…Jonah, but for bev I’d probably suggest How To Save A Life because it hints at PNR and begins when the MCs are still in HS.
Rush is absolutely my fav too! Grey, you haven’t read it yet? WTH?
“bev I’m not sure about because I’m still figuring out her taste…” lol, I don’t think any of us have figured that out yet!
I’m gonna give heads up Jean. A lot of people had issues with Burned on here. I loved it, and after that last book and the book prior really explained what happened and why. This last one, though, was kind of where the whole issue with Burned was going, and I really adored it.
Burned? lalalalala…. pretending like I didn’t hear that book that shall not be named.
I loved Iced. I loved Dani. I am HOPING for good things with this new one. I adore KMM and I want to like her books so so much. I feel guilty when I don’t.
REAL QUICK UPDATE… The ENTIRE Charley Davidson (by Darynda Jones) series in on sale right now in anticipation of the next book coming out in just a few days.
I just one-clicked them all!!! 😀 Maybe we can marathon-buddy read?
Now I have to backup through these comments so I can catch up properly!! 😀
Thanks foe the heads up Tessa. I honestly don’t know when I’ll get back to the series.
Oooo Maryse! Thank you! I’m going to get the rest now!
Wow thanks for that link. Made it so much easier! That was a whole lot of quick 1-clicking on 9 books!
Same for me. LOL!!! I already had the first one for awhile now.
I second what Tessa said about the Fever series. And I also loved Burned! Like I mentioned in one of my reviews, for me, each book contains many intricate threads that have weaved their way into a beautifully mysterious unfinished tapestry that gets a little more completed with each book and that I’m hoping will be enirely completed, for the most part, with Feversong.
However…I *am* having a love/hate relationship with Feversong thus far. But I’m really, really hoping that what’s happening/not happening is leading to something(s), so I haven’t given up on KMM yet!
**enTirely completed** lol!
*giggle* I’ll have to read Maryse’s Wolfsong review so I can absorb all the huggle energy from it. 😉
HI JEAN!!! *squeezy hugs Jean* Oops, don’t want to squeeze the pee out of you…oh wait, that would be Fabi. 😛
I’m backtracking on the comments too. 😀
Bur…… joins MichelleS in the lalalala.
Tessa we do not name it.
Maryse, I’ve read a few Charley Davidson ones. I liked them not sure i could marathon them. The humor is funny but can also be too much. Like everything is a quip.
bev… maybe kind of like MaryJanice Davidson? I ended up loving her books too, though.
And also Jill Myles’ Succubus series. Hilarious and goofy, but also super angsty and steamy.
Tessa…I like the selection of unique items which I don’t usually see when I go grocery shopping, and I LOVE the hot bar, salad bar, ramen bar, and coffee bar (the 20 oz macchiato has 4 shots!).
Aaaaaand now Maryse has me getting ready to go on a one-click marathon…
bev, that kind of thing bugs me…you know, when there is just too much of a certain thing. For example, I tried to give the Driven series a shot but stopped reading pretty early on because I was irked by all of the italicized sentences. Not just words but entire sentences…and sentences which were actually part of the characters’ dialogue. We’ll see what happens with the CD books and all of the quips for me. 😉
I don’t think I’m the one that is hard to figure out.
I think Leslie and Fabi are much harder.
Though R and I just haven’t read many of the same books.
Don’t get me wrong, I liked the ones I’ve read. Would/will totally read more. And they make me laugh, just one of those quirks that are good but become too pronounced by reading 3 in a row.
bev I think it’s because you haven’t rated your books on GR so unless it’s a book you talk about on here, I don’t know.
Leslie, yes. I was sure she’d like Before We Were Strangers, but I totally understand why she didn’t–of course it’s after the fact.
Fabi’s easy. She likes MM books set in outer space.
Yes, Tell Me You Love Me. Just. No.
Oh yeah!!! One of the reader questions…
ROFL Fabi likes M/M in space. I can see that too. That’d be pure catnip if it were done correctly.
Charlie Davidson is a fun read. I have to say, the first is my least favorite, but it still kept me going to book two. And Tuesday, the eleventh comes out! WOOT! .
Nay, um… stuffs happen. Yeah. STUFFS. I thought the queen thing was a little long, but still, STUFFS!
Maryse–yes, from what I remember, C. Davidson does have that Succubus Diaries ‘feel’ (I loved that series!!), or if you have ever seen The Mindy Project, it’s similar to that.
And Bev is right–sometimes C.D. gets a little too quippy here and there, like not in the best situation (say, a kidnapping, when she should be taking it pretty seriously but quips instead). But I still ADORE the entire series!! And Reyes Farrow is one hawt, sexy alpha male!!!
Tessa–that’s what I hoped!! Stuffs is awesome!! Thanks!
Ok, I just read a spoiler thread on the new KMM. Two more books?
I hate that I keep seeing the name Jada.
That doesn’t surprise me with how it ended. Some things are seriously unresolved. Mac and Barron are done. That definitely concluded them, but other stuff, yeah, I could see that.
I just looked and it takes place in the world, like the highlander, but it’s not the Fever series. Seriously, Mac and Barrons are done.
Guys!!! No KMM spoilers please. I’m going to get the Audio book of her latest so it’ll be a month before I’m done with it. I wanna savor it. 🙂
I’m totally picturing Maryse as a pink hippy-dressed pixie, LOL!
Crap, Tessa…why does that sound so ominous?!?
I love Whole Foods. I love Sprouts too but a trip to Whole Foods is more an outing than grocery shopping. Oh, speaking of outings, I think it was last week or the week before, at the Flagship Tom Thumb I usually shop in they had a guy playing a baby grand piano. It was so beautiful. They always have wine tasting in the front isle too. It’s this whole experience. 🙂
Too bad I don’t cook. *snort*
They were supposed to be done and then a spin off direction with Iced. Then KMM brought the focus firmly back to Mac & Barron. I think that is how Tessa means it.
Or you know. They died. And are done done.
I just read the spoilers.
Dammit bev…now you have my mind going to all kinds of awful places.
Wine tasting in a grocery store??? Aw hell, I’d be drunk shopping in no time. Awesome!!
Maryse, I just finished Egomaniac. I liked it. 4****
Bev & R, you think I’m hard to figure out??? Little ole me?? I’ll admit I’ve gotten persnickity over last few years, but I basically only like CR. Rush is good example of what I love. Swoony romance that has enough angst to keep it interesting, but not OTT and not depressing.
A grocery store is an awful place to wine taste.
Finally reading Egomaniac! It’s 3am. I’m tired, the devil child will not sleep. Since I can’t have a glitterbomb, I though I’d start this, and thank goodness I did! I haven’t laughed this much in a while (read: since KAs latest)
Professor Peckerhead *snort*
“the devil child will not sleep” <——- LOL!!!!
You read it Carly! It IS good isn’t it? Obviously, since Leslie gave it 4 stars. That means it’s an easy five star for me.
*Throws pillow at Amy*
I say that with love, honestly
I’m almost finished Fabi.
Exactly what I needed!
And DNF ‘ D Broken.
I should just go back to my list.
Or you could try Egomaniac
At least all these DNFs mean there are less in your TBR? 😛
Amy, no spoilers. Just saying, I see it. I don’t want to give anything away, other than I cried. A lot.
Oh geez Tessa, now I’m really curious/confused/anxious… 😕
By the way ladies, I’m (finally) finishing up my January read, Remember When. And my heart is aching more than I thought it would. This was quite a bit different than what I expected it to be, and I don’t know what the second book is about but at this point I’m pretty happy that there is a second one because UGH! If it all ended like this I would be very sad. 🙁
*huggles* Stupid books making our hearts hurt.
The second Remember When Book book was a trip. What with the baby and adoption and all.
Started another last night.
Again with trusting those stars. I haven’t dnf’d but the hero keeps calling the heroine Toots, so I probably will.
Oh god. Just…no. That’s was my mom’s nickname.
Also, Jelly Bean.
Be v a use her eyes look like candy.
I do not know what is going on with my phone’s keyboard. But it keeps breaking up words like that in to just nonsense.
It has been happening more and more frequently.
Because her eyes look like candy.
OMG…tell me you are joking bev.
I will smother-hug you if you just casually threw out a spoiler up there. Seriously.
I love how only bev can be threatened by hugs 😀
I need a GOOD book to read! I just finished *my* book that shall now not be named (I see why y’all do this now!), and I need something to take the pi$$ and vinegar out of me! Please nothing cute or sweet, though! lol
I’m thinking about that Monster book that Grey told me to read (why can I never remember the name of it?), but I made need a break from paranormal for a day or two!
*I MAY need.
I’m so upset I can’t even type!
Message me in GR to say what part angered you. Also… *hugs*
Oh, I have ALLLLLLL day to threaten bev with hugs because I took the day off from work. I’m not going anywhere. I’m sitting right here and harassing y’all. All. Day. 😛
Nay…what are you in the mood for?
Thanks, Tessa! Just messaged you in GR!
Amy–something angsty and sexy.
I’m assuming you’ve read Thoughtless? How about Accidentally on Purpose, The Opportunist, or Avoiding Commitment?
Therapy is a great one to out you through the wringer as well. OR if you want a read that has some angst but is mostly just heavy and WILL tax you emotionally, I’d say go for Badger. I still get knotted up when I think of that one.
Oh yeah, and all of those have sexy times in ’em. 😉
I haven’t read AOP, Therapy or Badger. I’ll look at those. Thanks, Amy! If I calm down enough, I may even start that ‘Monster book’!
I’ve seen Badger mentioned on here before, but I know nothing about it. But, if Amy recommends…
Ahhh Badger….I second that recommendation! Will never forget that book!
YES, R!!!!! Yes, yes, YESSSSSS!!!
You trusted me with Hausfrau, now trust me with Badger. And trust Jean. Then read Maryse’s five-star review and trust her.
It’s Marmy perfection. 😉
I don’t know if I can do a DB anytime soon. Is it a DB? Don’t tell me. Just send negative vibes so I know.
What’s a DB?
It sounds dirty.
I remember when Badger came out and seeing everyone here gushing about it. I was going to go for Therapy, but should I do Badger instead??
death book, right??
Ooooooohhhhhhhhhh DEATH book.
No. My mind definitely didn’t come up with that. LOL!!!!!!
Why you gotta ask me that? Giving spoilers (even just denying or confirming something) makes me break out in hives!!
Oh, and I’m answering Maryse. I don’t care about whether or not
…it’s a db.
WOO-HOO!!! Maryse’s mind is down here in the gutter with mine!!
Nay…if you want angsty and stressful but with sexy times then I say go with Therapy. If you want something that’s more like a sledgehammer to the gut and chest (but, curiously, didn’t bring on an ugly cry for me from what I remember) then go with Badger. It was my #1 favorite read that year.
Therapy it is! Thanks!! Then I HAVE to read Jezebel. I’ve only got 11 days to get that sucker in!
Oh wait, wait, wait a minute! This changes things Nay! READ JEZEBEL IMMEDIATELY! Forget everything else, just read it!
Is it angsty sexy?
I wouldn’t say angsty-sexy so much, more like mind f&*kery at its best!
But she wants sexy/angsty.
I know, I know…..but it’s Jezebel!! Okay, sexy-angsty…..let me think….I have to go look and see what’s she’s read already.
If Amy reccomends…..
Really? Really really? ?
But I rec and you have to drink first?
Oooo…Nay, I was just comparing our books on GR….you should definitely read Rush by Emma Scott! Total angsty-sexy!!
bev, I thought of you today when I saw one of my friends wrote an amazing review of Fangirl…..I’ve had that one for a while based on your recommendation! You see, I listen to you, I download the books you recommend, but then I forget to read some of them….doh! I still have Landline too!
I know you do Jean.
I’m just giving R a hard time.
But honestly I am not sure how you all read those types so consistently.
I mean I read some sad, watch sad movies on occasion, love a sad love song and try to keep up on the news, which can be really sad.
Sadness, anger, and anxiety all are common emotions that everyone feels. I just can’t feel them book after book everyday. Just like you all can’t do the sweetness and swoon book after book.
I’m always in wonder that you all can and that it is an emotional state you embrace, lol.
I really can’t do sad consistently either bev……but you know, I need broken males to save ALL THE TIME! lol (I saw your recent comment somewhere that my GR feed is all “half clothed broken men covers”….haha)! That’s right!
I just downloaded a book the other day that appears totally out of my box though, The Wielder by David Gosnell. Anyone read it??
I thought about Rush, Jean! Thanks! I’ll put that in the pot too. I’m thinking I’ll start Therapy and if it’s not what I’m needing right now, I’ll go to Rush. Then Jezebel, then Badger with that Monster book mixed in there somewhere! lol
“If Amy reccomends…..
Really? Really really? ?”
Hey, she DID say she wanted angsty. 😉
Sorry. Had wine and chocolate cake for lunch and then took a nappy nap.
What bev??!! *gosh* I read Simon! That should cover me for a few months!
Yes DB is a death book. Le sigh.
Jean, you hold Nay down and we’ll just read to her!
Nay, what is the Monster book?
Haha R! Yeah let’s do it! I get so upset when I hear someone hasn’t read Rush yet. Yep, I take it personally. Lol
Wine, chocolate cake, and a nap…..sounds great! Now, you can read all night!
Speaking of RUSH, I woke up to chapter 3 of The Butterfly Project. If this happens every time I go to sleep, I think I’ll start napping a lot!
I’m here too!
Um, PLAYING WITH MONSTERS!!!!
Yes, THAT! I don’t know why I can’t remember the name of that book!
OMG! spoilers!!! Someone dies or breaks up?!? Lalalala…, don’t wanna know!!! I definitely don’t want to cry when I read KMM. Argh!!
Need a good one. Just finished a book & am free for weekend reading!!
Don’t worry, Michelle. There are no spoilers here! I did NOT cry when I read it.
They all cheat on and with each other.
Then they broke up with each other.
Then they all killed each other.
And then bev spoiled the second book of the one I was reading.
All just because she could.
Bev, you make me LOL.
Public Service Announcement: Anyone who hasn’t read Rush yet, needs to read it! Since a “super picky” person like me loved it, you know its good. (Don’t think that I missed you calling me picky, Maryse)
Tee hee Leslie!!!! 😉
You wouldn’t have liked it anyway Amy.
Well, I guess we’ll never know now, will we bev?
*smiles sweetly at bev*
*glares at her when she turns around*
I can see that face so clearly in my head, Amy.
Spill it Maryse. Or I’ll acronym myself to death this AM! DB…
Help I can’t find the audio version of taint…….