BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! It’s 8pm EST and I JUST ADDED 5 more books to the contemporary section (the last five for those that want to check the newest ones). AND! The Avoiding Series by K.A. Linde has been bundled! I posted it in the bargain section below:
Okay this week’s release day absolutely rocks. I mean, just look at this lineup! Lead (Kylie Scott), Rogue (Katy Evans), Beloved Healer (Bonnie Dee), Six of Hearts (L.H. Cosway), Silver Shadows (Richelle Mead), Magic Breaks (Ilona Andrews) and so many more. I made notes next to a bunch of ’em, below. 🙂
And don’t even get me started on next week’s releases. Pure insanity! Check out the pre-orders for this upcoming Tuesday (at the bottom of this list). You’re gonna freak! Jennifer L. Armentrout, Colleen Hoover, Maya Banks, Kresley Cole, Lara Adrian, Cara McKenna… it goes on and on with our favorites. The list is INSANE!!
Maryse: Wow, okay so next week’s release day is going to blow our minds, too! YAY US!!!
Kandace: Stop the insanity!!. I already lined my TBR for the next two weeks.
Maryse: I know. I just made the pre-order list for this Tuesday. My mind is BLOWN!! I’ll post it in a few. I dunno what I’m going to do… seriously.
I’m thinking my TBR list is gonna have to accommodate at least 6 more books. Maybe 8. Er… okay maybe 12. LOL! And there just may be some shifting in what’ll be next. However, I have decided on what’s next for me, today:
Maryse: *squee* This is gonna be an awesome reading week!!!
Bethany: Oh My Gosh!!! So many good books came out this week. I already got Five Weeks and Lead, now I’m running to one-click this one too! I don’t know which one to start with!
Melissa: So many good books to read this week! Going to put in some super late nights hanging with my new book boyfriends!
MichelleS: Rogue or Lead? Can’t decide… can’t decide…. I’m gonna squirrel if I ca’t make a decision…. what did you pick Maryse?
Maryse’s Book Blog: I’m going to start with Lead, ’cause I was dying for this book. I love a hero that is an a$$ for a few books and then his own comes along. YAY US! 😀 I haven’t picked anything up really for a few days now, ’cause I was too excited for this. Oh I hope he gives us a run for our money, emotion-wise. I kinda hope he’s a real jerk for awhile. I love it when they’re like that!
Donna: I think he will be a jerk for a while…how can he not…..haha
Jillian: This has me so stoked in actually excited for the new work week! I hope he’s a real jerk; I’m in neeeeed of one of those!
Hang: This is SO GOOD. A MUST READ!!
Natasha: LEAD is phenomenal too!!! Such a good week!!!!
MichelleS: Reading update – I am 21% in and loving it – her inner monologue is cracking me up – so so many lines to quote – hilarious! I LOVE it when I like the heroine this much.
*squeeeeee!!* :D!!!! You guys (and this book) have already made my day!!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Avoiding Series Boxset by K.A. Linde <— CRAZY ANGSTY love triangle romance (that made me wanna throw my Kindle a ton of times)! I read and reviewed all of them, but will only post review #1 here to give you an idea (don’t read the other reviews if you haven’t read book #1 yet. These have to be read in order).
- Time of My Life: A Novel by Allison Winn Scotch <— Nancy found us this one on sale! She says: “I’m reading TIME OF MY LIFE: A Novel by Allison Winn Scotch & so far loving it. She seemed to have the perfect life, but suddenly if you could go back in time would you make different choices or would you not change a thing, & all the “what-ifs” you always wondered about.”
- Saving Axe (Motorcycle Club Romance, Cowboy, Military) (Inferno Motorcycle Club Book 2) by Sabrina Paige <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (and recent release!) “Ex-Marine Corps sniper Axe turned his back on everything he loved when he became the Sergeant-at-Arms for the Inferno MC. The fallen hero was determined to drown out the ghosts of war with an unrelenting path of self-destruction.“
- Ever After (The Hollows Book 11) by Kim Harrison <— on sale today! Here’s the series reading order.
- Crow’s Row by Julie Hockley <— Crow’s Row is $2.51 right now on Amazon!!! I read and LOVED this one a couple of years ago, and it’s usually pricier. (Here’s my review). Sianna loved it: “I loved that book!! But paid a lot more to have it on my book shelf hehe (the $35 was well worth every cent lol)” and Gemma loved it, too: “this book is brilliant so is the second book Scare Crow!!”
- Pulse – The Complete Series: Part One, Part, Two, Part Three & Part Four by Deborah Bladon <— Lauren found us this deal! “The Deborah Bladon Pulse series is bundled. Finally! I held out on this one, waiting for all of the installments to be out….“
- The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles #3) by T.J. Klune <— not bargain priced, but a recent release from one of my FAVORITE M/M series, and Marcia loved it! “I just finished The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid) by T.J. Klune and it was fabulous. I recall when Maryse first recommended this M/M series and it was my first in that genre. I was hooked and fell in love with the characters. I highly recommend this installment.” Here’s my review of book #1 (Bear, Otter, and the Kid) and the series reading order.
- If I Break by Portia Moore <— I’m bringing this one back (it gave me a blurb jolt last week), ’cause Jeniffer loved it! “Hi Maryse, I finished reading “If I Brake” by Portia Moore last night (well, more like this morning ) and wanted to tell you this was a very intriguing story and definitly a tear jerker one, once I hit the second half of the book I could not put it down and was left dumbfounded…”
- Silver Shadows: A Bloodlines Novel by Richelle Mead <— Here’s the series reading order.
- Five Weeks (Seven Series #3) by Dannika Dark <— “When her boyfriend gets her a job working at a hot Shifter bar, she runs into the last person on earth she expected to see again. Jericho isn’t the famous rock star he once was, though he still plays in a local band and loves to party.“
- Darkness Unleashed (#6, The Mystic Wolves) by Belinda Boring
- Absolution (Delroi Prophecy Book 4) by Loribelle Hunt
- Shifter’s Claim (The Shadow Shifters) by A.C. Arthur
- Shifter’s Claim Part IV (The Shadow Shifters) by A.C. Arthur
- Kodiak’s Claim (Kodiak Point Book 1) by Eve Langlais
- Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels Book 7) by Ilona Andrews <— Tessa LOVES this series! “I love the whole series, and can’t get enough of Curran. :-)” Here is the series reading order.
- Cursed (The Order of the Wolf) by Angela Addams
- Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged series) by L.A. Fiorre
- Lead: A Stage Dive Novel by Kylie Scott <—- *squeeeeeee!!!*
- Sugar On The Edge (The Last Call Series) by Sawyer Bennett <— —> Reclusive (and raw) hero alert! Okay I admit the cover is what got me to look (I mean just look at him! He is… *fans self*) but that blurb definitely says up my alley! “He’s twisted, bitter and angry at the world. He’s a loner… needing not a single thing other than his Scotch and a laptop upon which he can bang out his next erotic, dark thriller. She’s running in place and getting nowhere…” Janett read it and says: “Fantastic book!”
- Betting on Grace (Dead Heat Ranch Book 2) by Nicole Edwards
- Brie’s Tokyo Tryst (Submissive in Love, #1) by Red Phoenix
- Texas True (The Tylers of Texas) by Janet Daily
- Trouble Has a New Name (Mills & Boon Indian Author Collection) by Adite Banerjee
- Random Acts of Hope (Random Series #4) by Julia Kent
- Swimming to Tokyo by Brenda St John Brown
- Beloved Healer by Bonnie Dee <— OMG one of my FAV authors just released a new standalone!! I had no clue this was coming out. 😀 P.S. She’s the one who wrote some of my favorites such as Finding Home (my review), Bone Deep (my review) and New Life (my review). Yep. I do love her!! And… Okay maybe this should be in paranormal, ’cause he has the ability to heal, but this author has such a unique “romance” voice that I doubt it will have that “paranormal” feel, you know? “His special ability to heal at a touch seems to be slowly draining the life out of Mason Reed. It might be a blessing for the people he heals, but feels like a curse to him. Hiding out in a small town, he just wants to work his menial job while he gets his strength back—no helping and no entanglements. But when he meets waitress Ava Wheaton, avoiding involvement becomes impossible.“
Jo: Woooohooooo!!!! I love her stuff!!!!! She seems to see the world through an unusual lens…
Erin: Awesome!! Thanks!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: YES!!! Great way to describe her. Such a unique voice. She’s on par (for me) with intriguing, unique, gorgeous, steamy, heart wrenching stories as Cara McKenna (and I’m thinking L.H. Cosway).
Erin Griffin Yes!!!!^^^
Speaking of L.H. Cosway… 😉
- Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— I’ve read another one from this author and absolutely LOVED it!!! Her voice (and her stories) are so unique (check out my review of her other standalone, “Painted Faces”). And I’m excited about this one…
Kirsten: I’ll be one clicking LH Cosway’s Six of Hearts as soon as it’s live on Monday.
Kandace: Cosway’s last book Still Life with Strings was fantastic. I still think about it.
Kirsten: I think about it too Kandace. Erin had an early read of this one and said she’s still thinking about it. I can’t wait.
Erin: You guys are going to LOVE Six of Hearts!! Jay is everything we want in our Hero’s. Her books are so original. A breath of fresh air, and not to mention HOT!! I can’t wait to hear what you think. I bet you like him. Yes, standalone!!
Kristy: I was lucky enough to win an ARC and just finished it. I loved it! It drew me right in, and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough – yet I wanted to turn them slowly so it wouldn’t be over! So many little gems in this book – like the meaning behind the six of hearts. Then there is Jay. Oh my. He will steal your heart – before you even notice it is gone.
Sadie: Move it up Lori! Sarah called it but I’m getting a cara McKenna vibe.
Lori: oh you knew that would suck me right in Sadie…
Maryse: Oh YES!!! I LOVE Cara McKenna so this little “vibe” has me excited, too!
Kirsten: Loving LH Cosway’s Six of Hearts Maryse.
Sadie: Oh good Kirsten! I’m only at 20% but I’m definitely intrigued. Love her sense of humor.
Jillian: Agree, agree, agree!! I’m at 68% and am loving it!! Her writing is so…genuine! I love Matilda! …and Jay 😉
Christine: Read it last night. Wow!!!! Jay!
- Taming My Prince Charming by J.S. Cooper (looks like a full length book!)
- His Reverie by Monica Murphy
- Troublemaker (An Unexpected Love Novel) by Trice Hickman
- TAKE ME A Romance Boxed Set by Victoria Smith, Ursula Sinclair, Raven St. Pierre, Olivia Linden, Kenya Wright (5 full length novels by 5 bestselling authors)
- Rogue (The REAL series Book 4) by Katy Evans <— Who’s reading this one next? I love her alpha-men. Here’s the part of the blubr that made me go *eeeeeep!!!*: “I’ve looked for love my entire life. I’ve waited for the butterflies, the rainbows… Instead I’m in a free fall of emotions and there’s no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming. Except this prince charming went rogue.” Sarah read it and says: “Finished it yesterday and LOVED it!” and Natasha agrees!! “I loved this one soooo much!!!!!” Yep! I think it’s gonna be an awesome reading week. 😀
- Death, Taxes, and Silver Spurs (A Tara Holloway Novel) by Diane Kelly
- Break the Sky by Nina Lane <— Kandace says: “Nina Lane’s newest book Break the Sky is LIVE! This is Kelsey’s story from the Spiral of Bliss Series. I loved the SoB series. Professor Dean is my #1 book husband.”
- Reckless Games by MJ Lowell
- Takedown (Bannon’s Gym) by Cat Grant <— M/M romance
- Bad as in Good (Zane Presents) by J. Lovelace
- A Fighter’s Desire (Gloves Off Book 1) by L.P. Dover <— MMA fighters that are also identical twins? Oh wait. The twins… share? *blush* 😉
- The Space Between Us by Anie Michaels <— “One fateful night, a painful mistake leads to cataclysmic results, setting the lovers on separate paths. Charlie is too hurt to forgive and Asher has never been so lost without his Charlie. Years pass. Hearts remain broken. Neither one can forget their first love or overcome the space between them.“
- Any Man I Want (The Montgomerys) by Michele Grant
- An August Bride (A Year of Weddings Novella Book 9) by Debra Clopton
- Statistic by Dawn Robertson <— DARK READ ALERT (I think!) This blurb TOTALLY gave me a jolt: “Newly divorced single mother Aurora Alexander is trying to move on with her life. After a string of unsuccessful blind dates, she turns to internet dating. Everyone does it, so it has to be safe. Right? Wrong.” <— Eeeep! Just look at that title! *bites nails* Brandy recommends it saying: “I read Statistic and loved it. I have read all of Dawn Robertson’s books and this is definitely a favorite of mine! If you haven’t read it yet hurry up, you will love it!”
- Two in the Afternoon (A Day of Pleasure) by Cora Cade
- Tempting a Sinner (The Sinners’ Club Book 2) by Kate Pearce
- BREAKING ME (Motorcycle Club Romance Thriller) by Katie Stone <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “She wanted a bad boy, but he’d become dangerous beyond words… Thats when the abuse started. Trapped in a life she never intended to live Kattlyn needed salvation and found it in the most unlikely of places; Shawn Break, president of the Broken SoCal Motorcycle Club.” (says it was previously published as “Break Me”)
- A Little Harmless Sex by Melissa Schroeder <— “Max has always been Anna’s knight in shining armor. But Max has always seen her as a charming, and very sexy, little sister. Until Max’s cold fiance dumps him, Anna unloads another of her many conquests and she invites him over for margaritas and Mexican food. Too much tequila…“
- Personal Target: An Elite Ops Novel by Kay Thomas
- Deserves to Die by Lisa Jackson
- Only with You (The Best Mistake) by Lauren Layne <— Office romance! In Vegas… “an uptight businessman mistakes Sophie for a prostitute . . .” and then later… “On a trip to Seattle to open a new office, Grayson Wyatt meets his latest employee-who turns out to be the same woman he recently called a hooker.” Haha!
- The End of Feeling by Cindy C. Bennett <— (author says re-release). Bad boy with a rep (and a secret nightmare reality he’s hiding) and the new girl in school (with her own set of personal problems) who refuses his persistent advances. “He realizes she’s the perfect girlfriend candidate . . . someone he can use to keep up the façade of a perfect life. Now he just has to keep his frozen heart from softening toward this unique girl, because if he doesn’t, his carefully constructed lies might just come thundering down around him, crushing him beneath the burden of feeling.“
- Bound to be Tamed (Emergence) by Becca Jameson <— D/s book (this is #2)
- Between the Sheets (The Boys of Bishop) by Molly O’Keefe <— BAD BOY ALERT! “…his pretty neighbor shows up on his driveway, doesn’t bother to introduce herself, and complains about the noise. First impression? She should loosen up. Funny that she turns out to be his son’s elementary school art teacher—and the only one willing to help his troubled boy. Ty needs her. In more ways than one.“
- Drive (Fire on Ice Book 4) by Brenda Rothert <— SPORTS STAR ALERT! “Getting close to a foul-mouthed Russian hockey heartthrob was the last thing Sadie expected. And the timing couldn’t be worse since she’s sworn off of men for a writing assignment. The line between love and hate is eroding, and Niko and Sadie find themselves in deeper than they ever expected.”
- Insurmountable by T.E. White <— Jean found us this new release saying: “Insurmountable by T.E. White was also released today and I am getting high recommendations for it. The blurb gave me that jolt we love!!!! Check it out!” and now Amy is heading right for it! “Aw man, Jean! Now you have me wanting to start that one today.” Okay now I gotta see what this one’s about… from the blurb: “Thoughts of her consume me and continue to bombard my mind like ricochet gunfire. So what can possibly go wrong, you wonder? A humorous chuckle escapes me, in case you didn’t hear it. Yeah, I can tell you, but you will judge me unfairly. This you need to hear from the beginning, so you know all the facts and feel what I felt. Maybe even sympathize and not give me your scorn. Then maybe you can possibly… possibly comprehend the enormity of my crossroads.” <— WHOA. What does that mean!??
- Hope Over Fear (The Over Series Book 1) by J.A. DeRouen <— “Today is the day – the day that the man I love marries someone else. I don’t deserve pity or sympathy. I’ve made my bed. I left Mason and ripped his heart to pieces as I ran away. The guilt and sorrow consume me, threatening to choke me everyday.” <— sounds soooooo good!!
- All of You by Gina Sorelle <— author says: “All of You is a totally standalone novel, but you may get more out of the reading experience if you read my preceding novel, All of Me, first. Both novels revolve around the same family and All of Me (obviously) takes place first!”
PRE-ORDERS (most of ’em are releasing this upcoming Tuesday! This is an INSANE LIST!!)
- Opposition (A Lux Novel Book 5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Lay It Down: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna <— *squeee!!* – expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Virgin by Radhika Sanghani <— THIS was the one that was on the back of our Book Bash volunteer t-shirts! 😀 – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters
- Jane’s Harmony: A Novel by Ryan Winfield – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blurred: A Connections Novella by Kim Karr – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Ugly Love: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— expected release date August 5th 2014!! *squeeeee!!*
- Taking it All (The Surrender Trilogy) by Maya Banks – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Truly: The New York Series (The New York Trilogy) by Ruthie Knox – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Hero of a Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf) by Terry Spear – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Crave the Night: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark Book 14) by Kresley Cole – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Devil’s Bargain by Christine Warren – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blood Games: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloee Neill – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Captured by Jasinda Wilder <— expected release date August 12th 2014 – this sounds awesome! “I married a Marine. I knew the risks. Every time my husband shipped out, I knew there was a chance he wouldn’t come back. But Thomas always did. Always. Then one day two officers in full dress uniform knocked on my door and shattered my world. “
- The Shadows: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward <— expected release date April 7th 2015