BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! It’s 8pm EST and I JUST ADDED 5 more books to the contemporary section (the last five for those that want to check the newest ones). AND! The Avoiding Series by K.A. Linde has been bundled! I posted it in the bargain section below:
Okay this week’s release day absolutely rocks. I mean, just look at this lineup! Lead (Kylie Scott), Rogue (Katy Evans), Beloved Healer (Bonnie Dee), Six of Hearts (L.H. Cosway), Silver Shadows (Richelle Mead), Magic Breaks (Ilona Andrews) and so many more. I made notes next to a bunch of ’em, below. 🙂
And don’t even get me started on next week’s releases. Pure insanity! Check out the pre-orders for this upcoming Tuesday (at the bottom of this list). You’re gonna freak! Jennifer L. Armentrout, Colleen Hoover, Maya Banks, Kresley Cole, Lara Adrian, Cara McKenna… it goes on and on with our favorites. The list is INSANE!!
Maryse: Wow, okay so next week’s release day is going to blow our minds, too! YAY US!!!
Kandace: Stop the insanity!!. I already lined my TBR for the next two weeks.
Maryse: I know. I just made the pre-order list for this Tuesday. My mind is BLOWN!! I’ll post it in a few. I dunno what I’m going to do… seriously.
I’m thinking my TBR list is gonna have to accommodate at least 6 more books. Maybe 8. Er… okay maybe 12. LOL! And there just may be some shifting in what’ll be next. However, I have decided on what’s next for me, today:
Maryse: *squee* This is gonna be an awesome reading week!!!
Bethany: Oh My Gosh!!! So many good books came out this week. I already got Five Weeks and Lead, now I’m running to one-click this one too! I don’t know which one to start with!
Melissa: So many good books to read this week! Going to put in some super late nights hanging with my new book boyfriends!
MichelleS: Rogue or Lead? Can’t decide… can’t decide…. I’m gonna squirrel if I ca’t make a decision…. what did you pick Maryse?
Maryse’s Book Blog: I’m going to start with Lead, ’cause I was dying for this book. I love a hero that is an a$$ for a few books and then his own comes along. YAY US! 😀 I haven’t picked anything up really for a few days now, ’cause I was too excited for this. Oh I hope he gives us a run for our money, emotion-wise. I kinda hope he’s a real jerk for awhile. I love it when they’re like that!
Donna: I think he will be a jerk for a while…how can he not…..haha
Jillian: This has me so stoked in actually excited for the new work week! I hope he’s a real jerk; I’m in neeeeed of one of those!
Hang: This is SO GOOD. A MUST READ!!
Natasha: LEAD is phenomenal too!!! Such a good week!!!!
MichelleS: Reading update – I am 21% in and loving it – her inner monologue is cracking me up – so so many lines to quote – hilarious! I LOVE it when I like the heroine this much.
*squeeeeee!!* :D!!!! You guys (and this book) have already made my day!!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Avoiding Series Boxset by K.A. Linde <— CRAZY ANGSTY love triangle romance (that made me wanna throw my Kindle a ton of times)! I read and reviewed all of them, but will only post review #1 here to give you an idea (don’t read the other reviews if you haven’t read book #1 yet. These have to be read in order).
- Time of My Life: A Novel by Allison Winn Scotch <— Nancy found us this one on sale! She says: “I’m reading TIME OF MY LIFE: A Novel by Allison Winn Scotch & so far loving it. She seemed to have the perfect life, but suddenly if you could go back in time would you make different choices or would you not change a thing, & all the “what-ifs” you always wondered about.”
- Saving Axe (Motorcycle Club Romance, Cowboy, Military) (Inferno Motorcycle Club Book 2) by Sabrina Paige <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (and recent release!) “Ex-Marine Corps sniper Axe turned his back on everything he loved when he became the Sergeant-at-Arms for the Inferno MC. The fallen hero was determined to drown out the ghosts of war with an unrelenting path of self-destruction.“
- Ever After (The Hollows Book 11) by Kim Harrison <— on sale today! Here’s the series reading order.
- Crow’s Row by Julie Hockley <— Crow’s Row is $2.51 right now on Amazon!!! I read and LOVED this one a couple of years ago, and it’s usually pricier. (Here’s my review). Sianna loved it: “I loved that book!! But paid a lot more to have it on my book shelf hehe (the $35 was well worth every cent lol)” and Gemma loved it, too: “this book is brilliant so is the second book Scare Crow!!”
- Pulse – The Complete Series: Part One, Part, Two, Part Three & Part Four by Deborah Bladon <— Lauren found us this deal! “The Deborah Bladon Pulse series is bundled. Finally! I held out on this one, waiting for all of the installments to be out….“
- The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles #3) by T.J. Klune <— not bargain priced, but a recent release from one of my FAVORITE M/M series, and Marcia loved it! “I just finished The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid) by T.J. Klune and it was fabulous. I recall when Maryse first recommended this M/M series and it was my first in that genre. I was hooked and fell in love with the characters. I highly recommend this installment.” Here’s my review of book #1 (Bear, Otter, and the Kid) and the series reading order.
- If I Break by Portia Moore <— I’m bringing this one back (it gave me a blurb jolt last week), ’cause Jeniffer loved it! “Hi Maryse, I finished reading “If I Brake” by Portia Moore last night (well, more like this morning ) and wanted to tell you this was a very intriguing story and definitly a tear jerker one, once I hit the second half of the book I could not put it down and was left dumbfounded…”
- Silver Shadows: A Bloodlines Novel by Richelle Mead <— Here’s the series reading order.
- Five Weeks (Seven Series #3) by Dannika Dark <— “When her boyfriend gets her a job working at a hot Shifter bar, she runs into the last person on earth she expected to see again. Jericho isn’t the famous rock star he once was, though he still plays in a local band and loves to party.“
- Darkness Unleashed (#6, The Mystic Wolves) by Belinda Boring
- Absolution (Delroi Prophecy Book 4) by Loribelle Hunt
- Shifter’s Claim (The Shadow Shifters) by A.C. Arthur
- Shifter’s Claim Part IV (The Shadow Shifters) by A.C. Arthur
- Kodiak’s Claim (Kodiak Point Book 1) by Eve Langlais
- Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels Book 7) by Ilona Andrews <— Tessa LOVES this series! “I love the whole series, and can’t get enough of Curran. :-)” Here is the series reading order.
- Cursed (The Order of the Wolf) by Angela Addams
- Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged series) by L.A. Fiorre
- Lead: A Stage Dive Novel by Kylie Scott <—- *squeeeeeee!!!*
- Sugar On The Edge (The Last Call Series) by Sawyer Bennett <— —> Reclusive (and raw) hero alert! Okay I admit the cover is what got me to look (I mean just look at him! He is… *fans self*) but that blurb definitely says up my alley! “He’s twisted, bitter and angry at the world. He’s a loner… needing not a single thing other than his Scotch and a laptop upon which he can bang out his next erotic, dark thriller. She’s running in place and getting nowhere…” Janett read it and says: “Fantastic book!”
- Betting on Grace (Dead Heat Ranch Book 2) by Nicole Edwards
- Brie’s Tokyo Tryst (Submissive in Love, #1) by Red Phoenix
- Texas True (The Tylers of Texas) by Janet Daily
- Trouble Has a New Name (Mills & Boon Indian Author Collection) by Adite Banerjee
- Random Acts of Hope (Random Series #4) by Julia Kent
- Swimming to Tokyo by Brenda St John Brown
- Beloved Healer by Bonnie Dee <— OMG one of my FAV authors just released a new standalone!! I had no clue this was coming out. 😀 P.S. She’s the one who wrote some of my favorites such as Finding Home (my review), Bone Deep (my review) and New Life (my review). Yep. I do love her!! And… Okay maybe this should be in paranormal, ’cause he has the ability to heal, but this author has such a unique “romance” voice that I doubt it will have that “paranormal” feel, you know? “His special ability to heal at a touch seems to be slowly draining the life out of Mason Reed. It might be a blessing for the people he heals, but feels like a curse to him. Hiding out in a small town, he just wants to work his menial job while he gets his strength back—no helping and no entanglements. But when he meets waitress Ava Wheaton, avoiding involvement becomes impossible.“
Jo: Woooohooooo!!!! I love her stuff!!!!! She seems to see the world through an unusual lens…
Erin: Awesome!! Thanks!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: YES!!! Great way to describe her. Such a unique voice. She’s on par (for me) with intriguing, unique, gorgeous, steamy, heart wrenching stories as Cara McKenna (and I’m thinking L.H. Cosway).
Erin Griffin Yes!!!!^^^
Speaking of L.H. Cosway… 😉
- Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— I’ve read another one from this author and absolutely LOVED it!!! Her voice (and her stories) are so unique (check out my review of her other standalone, “Painted Faces”). And I’m excited about this one…
Kirsten: I’ll be one clicking LH Cosway’s Six of Hearts as soon as it’s live on Monday.
Kandace: Cosway’s last book Still Life with Strings was fantastic. I still think about it.
Kirsten: I think about it too Kandace. Erin had an early read of this one and said she’s still thinking about it. I can’t wait.
Erin: You guys are going to LOVE Six of Hearts!! Jay is everything we want in our Hero’s. Her books are so original. A breath of fresh air, and not to mention HOT!! I can’t wait to hear what you think. I bet you like him. Yes, standalone!!
Kristy: I was lucky enough to win an ARC and just finished it. I loved it! It drew me right in, and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough – yet I wanted to turn them slowly so it wouldn’t be over! So many little gems in this book – like the meaning behind the six of hearts. Then there is Jay. Oh my. He will steal your heart – before you even notice it is gone.
Sadie: Move it up Lori! Sarah called it but I’m getting a cara McKenna vibe.
Lori: oh you knew that would suck me right in Sadie…
Maryse: Oh YES!!! I LOVE Cara McKenna so this little “vibe” has me excited, too!
Kirsten: Loving LH Cosway’s Six of Hearts Maryse.
Sadie: Oh good Kirsten! I’m only at 20% but I’m definitely intrigued. Love her sense of humor.
Jillian: Agree, agree, agree!! I’m at 68% and am loving it!! Her writing is so…genuine! I love Matilda! …and Jay 😉
Christine: Read it last night. Wow!!!! Jay!
- Taming My Prince Charming by J.S. Cooper (looks like a full length book!)
- His Reverie by Monica Murphy
- Troublemaker (An Unexpected Love Novel) by Trice Hickman
- TAKE ME A Romance Boxed Set by Victoria Smith, Ursula Sinclair, Raven St. Pierre, Olivia Linden, Kenya Wright (5 full length novels by 5 bestselling authors)
- Rogue (The REAL series Book 4) by Katy Evans <— Who’s reading this one next? I love her alpha-men. Here’s the part of the blubr that made me go *eeeeeep!!!*: “I’ve looked for love my entire life. I’ve waited for the butterflies, the rainbows… Instead I’m in a free fall of emotions and there’s no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming. Except this prince charming went rogue.” Sarah read it and says: “Finished it yesterday and LOVED it!” and Natasha agrees!! “I loved this one soooo much!!!!!” Yep! I think it’s gonna be an awesome reading week. 😀
- Death, Taxes, and Silver Spurs (A Tara Holloway Novel) by Diane Kelly
- Break the Sky by Nina Lane <— Kandace says: “Nina Lane’s newest book Break the Sky is LIVE! This is Kelsey’s story from the Spiral of Bliss Series. I loved the SoB series. Professor Dean is my #1 book husband.”
- Reckless Games by MJ Lowell
- Takedown (Bannon’s Gym) by Cat Grant <— M/M romance
- Bad as in Good (Zane Presents) by J. Lovelace
- A Fighter’s Desire (Gloves Off Book 1) by L.P. Dover <— MMA fighters that are also identical twins? Oh wait. The twins… share? *blush* 😉
- The Space Between Us by Anie Michaels <— “One fateful night, a painful mistake leads to cataclysmic results, setting the lovers on separate paths. Charlie is too hurt to forgive and Asher has never been so lost without his Charlie. Years pass. Hearts remain broken. Neither one can forget their first love or overcome the space between them.“
- Any Man I Want (The Montgomerys) by Michele Grant
- An August Bride (A Year of Weddings Novella Book 9) by Debra Clopton
- Statistic by Dawn Robertson <— DARK READ ALERT (I think!) This blurb TOTALLY gave me a jolt: “Newly divorced single mother Aurora Alexander is trying to move on with her life. After a string of unsuccessful blind dates, she turns to internet dating. Everyone does it, so it has to be safe. Right? Wrong.” <— Eeeep! Just look at that title! *bites nails* Brandy recommends it saying: “I read Statistic and loved it. I have read all of Dawn Robertson’s books and this is definitely a favorite of mine! If you haven’t read it yet hurry up, you will love it!”
- Two in the Afternoon (A Day of Pleasure) by Cora Cade
- Tempting a Sinner (The Sinners’ Club Book 2) by Kate Pearce
- BREAKING ME (Motorcycle Club Romance Thriller) by Katie Stone <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! “She wanted a bad boy, but he’d become dangerous beyond words… Thats when the abuse started. Trapped in a life she never intended to live Kattlyn needed salvation and found it in the most unlikely of places; Shawn Break, president of the Broken SoCal Motorcycle Club.” (says it was previously published as “Break Me”)
- A Little Harmless Sex by Melissa Schroeder <— “Max has always been Anna’s knight in shining armor. But Max has always seen her as a charming, and very sexy, little sister. Until Max’s cold fiance dumps him, Anna unloads another of her many conquests and she invites him over for margaritas and Mexican food. Too much tequila…“
- Personal Target: An Elite Ops Novel by Kay Thomas
- Deserves to Die by Lisa Jackson
- Only with You (The Best Mistake) by Lauren Layne <— Office romance! In Vegas… “an uptight businessman mistakes Sophie for a prostitute . . .” and then later… “On a trip to Seattle to open a new office, Grayson Wyatt meets his latest employee-who turns out to be the same woman he recently called a hooker.” Haha!
- The End of Feeling by Cindy C. Bennett <— (author says re-release). Bad boy with a rep (and a secret nightmare reality he’s hiding) and the new girl in school (with her own set of personal problems) who refuses his persistent advances. “He realizes she’s the perfect girlfriend candidate . . . someone he can use to keep up the façade of a perfect life. Now he just has to keep his frozen heart from softening toward this unique girl, because if he doesn’t, his carefully constructed lies might just come thundering down around him, crushing him beneath the burden of feeling.“
- Bound to be Tamed (Emergence) by Becca Jameson <— D/s book (this is #2)
- Between the Sheets (The Boys of Bishop) by Molly O’Keefe <— BAD BOY ALERT! “…his pretty neighbor shows up on his driveway, doesn’t bother to introduce herself, and complains about the noise. First impression? She should loosen up. Funny that she turns out to be his son’s elementary school art teacher—and the only one willing to help his troubled boy. Ty needs her. In more ways than one.“
- Drive (Fire on Ice Book 4) by Brenda Rothert <— SPORTS STAR ALERT! “Getting close to a foul-mouthed Russian hockey heartthrob was the last thing Sadie expected. And the timing couldn’t be worse since she’s sworn off of men for a writing assignment. The line between love and hate is eroding, and Niko and Sadie find themselves in deeper than they ever expected.”
- Insurmountable by T.E. White <— Jean found us this new release saying: “Insurmountable by T.E. White was also released today and I am getting high recommendations for it. The blurb gave me that jolt we love!!!! Check it out!” and now Amy is heading right for it! “Aw man, Jean! Now you have me wanting to start that one today.” Okay now I gotta see what this one’s about… from the blurb: “Thoughts of her consume me and continue to bombard my mind like ricochet gunfire. So what can possibly go wrong, you wonder? A humorous chuckle escapes me, in case you didn’t hear it. Yeah, I can tell you, but you will judge me unfairly. This you need to hear from the beginning, so you know all the facts and feel what I felt. Maybe even sympathize and not give me your scorn. Then maybe you can possibly… possibly comprehend the enormity of my crossroads.” <— WHOA. What does that mean!??
- Hope Over Fear (The Over Series Book 1) by J.A. DeRouen <— “Today is the day – the day that the man I love marries someone else. I don’t deserve pity or sympathy. I’ve made my bed. I left Mason and ripped his heart to pieces as I ran away. The guilt and sorrow consume me, threatening to choke me everyday.” <— sounds soooooo good!!
- All of You by Gina Sorelle <— author says: “All of You is a totally standalone novel, but you may get more out of the reading experience if you read my preceding novel, All of Me, first. Both novels revolve around the same family and All of Me (obviously) takes place first!”
PRE-ORDERS (most of ’em are releasing this upcoming Tuesday! This is an INSANE LIST!!)
- Opposition (A Lux Novel Book 5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Lay It Down: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna <— *squeee!!* – expected release date August 5th 2014!!
- Virgin by Radhika Sanghani <— THIS was the one that was on the back of our Book Bash volunteer t-shirts! 😀 – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters
- Jane’s Harmony: A Novel by Ryan Winfield – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blurred: A Connections Novella by Kim Karr – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Ugly Love: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— expected release date August 5th 2014!! *squeeeee!!*
- Taking it All (The Surrender Trilogy) by Maya Banks – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Truly: The New York Series (The New York Trilogy) by Ruthie Knox – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Hero of a Highland Wolf (Heart of the Wolf) by Terry Spear – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Crave the Night: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark Book 14) by Kresley Cole – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Devil’s Bargain by Christine Warren – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Blood Games: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloee Neill – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Captured by Jasinda Wilder <— expected release date August 12th 2014 – this sounds awesome! “I married a Marine. I knew the risks. Every time my husband shipped out, I knew there was a chance he wouldn’t come back. But Thomas always did. Always. Then one day two officers in full dress uniform knocked on my door and shattered my world. “
- The Shadows: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward <— expected release date April 7th 2015
The Space Between Us was fantastic! I stayed up late to finish it, and it stays with you. A must read!
Thank you Drea!!
Here I am, one clicking away again. Had to get the Pulse series, been looking at those for a long time. Picked up Beloved Healer since y’all speak so highly of the author. I don’t know about Rogue. I read Real but don’t remember if I followed up on the series. Next week though…Omg…I’ve already preordered Lux and there are another handful I must have. I’ve never had so many books waiting to be read until Maryse. 🙂
It looks like I’ll be reading Rogue today since I haven’t started the Stage Dive series yet. Because, you know, I’m not cool like you ladies! 😉 I’m hiding from my Book Dom right now – he doesn’t like squirrels. *giggle*
Hey, Maryse? Remember the turmoil you started with Say Something? Well, turnabout is fair play! This is for After I Do:
HA!! How you like them apples!?! 😛
I have to agree with Kandace – the Spiral Of Bliss series is my absolute favorite series too. Professor West is my ultimate book boyfriend husband – we’ll just have to share! 🙂 Oh – and Archer is Dean’s bad boy tattooed younger brother!!! Yummy!!!
Talk about major squirreling- so many on this list have me interested and one-clicking- of course, Lead; then Six of Hearts, The Space Between Us, A Little Harmless Sex, and Only With You. My book Dom is going to be very mad with me!!
Do I remember correctly- If I Break has a cliffhanger??
Oh Nooooo I will not be listening to that until I get home, Amy. I have makeup on. Non-waterproof ’cause that’s just the way I roll, so I refuse!! Until tonight. In my bath, while i’m in peace so I can cry and nobody will be the wiser. ‘Cept for you guys. YAY ME!
You know what we should get our “virtual” Book Doms for Christmas? Stuffed squirrels for them to cuddle when they’re feeling a little ornery, ’cause of our squirreling. 😉
Jeanie, I need to catch up on that series. I LOVED #1, and to hear that Archer is his younger brother… well. MINE! 😉
A stuffed squirrel for Cheryl’s Book Dom, too! 😛
LOL Fabi! I’m right there with you, my friend. 😉
Insurmountable by T.E. White was also released today and I am getting high recommendations for it. The blurb gave me that jolt we love!!!! Check it out!
Thank you for sharing the Take Me release Maryse!
Hee hee! *skipping around* Maryse is gonna cryyyyy!! Don’t worry, my manatee and I will be waiting to snuggle ya. 😉 And yes! Stuffed squirrels for all of our Book Doms!!
Aw man, Jean! Now you have me wanting to start that one today. Sorry, Rogue. *sigh* At this rate, my Book Dom will be needing a new paddle by Christmas along with a stuffed squirrel. 😛
Lol I know Amy! I think I am going to start it as soon as I finish Lead……which by the way, you need I read this series! You will definitely love Play (#2) with Malcolm’s dirty mouth, but Lick is just as great!
Archer was in book2, I’m dying to start it!!
Bumper sticker my friend posted on FB: If you’re gonna ride my a$$, the least you can do is pull my hair. LOL!!!
I really wanted Rogue today but that price! Will hold out for sale price but really I don’t know how long I can wait….my 1-click finger is getting antsy!
I just “one-clicked” “Time of my life”, thank you!!!!
Wake up to 2 books I had pre-ordered. Rogue and Lead!! What a great day!!! I just finished Rogue! Wow absolutely fantastic. Katy Evans has done it again. Worth every dollar!! So nothing got done around my house today!!! I just couldn’t put Rogue down. Hooked me right from the start!! Can I have a day book hangover? Cuz that’s what I think I have. Heavy sigh!! Never wanted it to end!! Do I dare start Lead tonight???? Now I need to check out today’s releases to click away again!! Love your blog Maryse!!!
Well, shoot. I have to get Rogue. I read Real and Mine. Just didn’t get Remy from his POV. Re-read the blurbs and remembered how much I loved the. Am I now spending more time one clicking than reading?
Drive by Brenda Rothert – Just released!!
Stick a fork in me. I’m done….. I can’t even read this list. Nope. Not gonna do it. I have now read more of this site than my damn book!!! I am reading Lead. Then I’ll read Rogue. Then I’ll read this list…. cause on the way down (I scrolled really really fast BTW) I saw Kresley Cole and my head exploded. I can’t take it. I’m getting TBR related anxiety or something. I need that dang Queen of the Fairies drink. Where’s that recipe?
Well, I lasted all of about 2 minutes because apparently I have not one ounce of self control – so I checked out the blurb for Kresley Cole’s new book. I wouldn’t have been able to sleep otherwise. It’s Immortals After Dark #14… one of my all time favorite PNR series ever…. except… who the ding-dong-ditch are these people? Lanthe and Thronos? huh? When are we going to get Nix’s story? You know… Nucking Futs Nix… the ever-knowing Valkyrie? Ok. Got that rant out of my system. ONWARD!!! Gotta go finish “Lead” so I don’t get too behind. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow or something and then I’d be sorry….
Okay I just got home… now lemme check out this book you’re talking about, Jean…
I bet you anything Nix will be the very last one…
She’s gotta come up with a hero that can take her. LOL!!!
OMG YES —> “TBR related anxiety” <--- That is EXACTLY what I have. It makes me hyperventilate. 😛
Yeh stuffed squirrels!!!!
Jean that blurb for Insurmountable scares me…gulp!
Okay, starting Insurmountable now. *rubbing hands together*
That will be my “new purchase” read this week…yep, I’m still trying to balance out reading new purchases and old purchases. Hey, it can work if I stick to it! *If* being the operative word. 😉
I thought Lothaire was going to be the hero that could take Nix on – I was betting on it. Shows you what I know. You are right though, I bet her story is last. But it’s time has come because I have no idea who or WHAT these people even are. That ice land kingdom place, I’m sure…. okay I’m squirreling, and I have no reason to be because “Lead” is calling to me… the house is empty… and what am I doing? Checking your blog. Nuts I tell you….
I need to start Lead too!! We’re both gonna start it together, I think. ‘Cause here I am… on my blog, too. LOL!
Michelle, you speak my words. I AM spending more time here than in my book. Great way to explain TBR anxiety. I’m freaking out with the pile I have waiting and the pile I will be buying next week.
If you guys are going to read Lead then Rogue. I think I’ll finish mine and go to Rogue with you. Sweet Dreams will have to wait one more book.
Amy- thanks for getting that song in my head. :> It so fits After I do…sniffle, sniffle…
Re-thinking what to read next….Insurmountable or Lead?? OR I didn’t know there was a 4th book coming out in Fire on Ice series (Drive)…maybe that one… *throwing stuffed squirrel at book Dom*
Right, Cheryl? That song is beautiful but so sad. I’m reading Insurmountable right now. That blurb…daaaaaang…
Lead was AMAZING!!! 5+stars! I laughed and cried my way through it. Best in the series so far.
Changed my mind. Going to read Sweet Dreams and then Rogue. That should put me in it at the same time some of you are reading it.
Michelle lanthe is Sabine ( the sorceress who is with rydstrom) sister and remember at the end of their book the vrekner that stole her was the one who’s wings she broke? That’s thronos!
Sooo many great choices it’s actually making my head hurt!!! Excitement overload??? Lol. Rogue or Lead??? Cannot wait to dive in however tonight I will start Dair in the Wild Side series. Its the conclusion after Wild Side and Iris. LOVE Dair!!! Talk about HAWT.
I hate to say this and maybe my expectations were high because I was waiting for this book for so long, I am disappointed in Lead…….. Anyone else reading it? Would love to get your thoughts.
Okay since I’m squirreling over all the “new” book choices, I’m going to listen to my book Dom and read something from my TBR list; however,
Amy-how is Insurmountable really curious about that one. 😉
Jean, I’m just about halfway through – started it last night… so far so good. Her thoughts make me laugh, and I like the fact that they still aren’t “together” at this point…
I kind of wish we had those first few “rough weeks” with both them of them as they got used to their working/living arrangements so I could have gotten to know him with her, ya know? I bet that would have been infuriating (and hilarious).
I mean, after all, now that he’s tolerable, it would have been the “relief” we were craving from a potentially chaotic beginning, and I might have felt more attached to him (and “them”) by now.
I don’t know what the hell is wrong with me the last 2 weeks. I have some SERIOUS book ADD. I’ve been jumping all over. Reading 2-3 at a time switching back and forth because I can’t freakin decide. I WANT TO READ THEM ALL NOW!!
Just started reading Lords of The Underworld and Better when He’s Bad
Just finished Seductive Nights Series
Added about 15 to my off the charts TBR list. Thought I was done one clicking and updating (for the week) last night, but NOOOOOOO Jean had me adding Insurmountable!!!
Rebecka I’m almost at that point too. Eeek! Just too many good ones.
Yes Maryse! I needed more turmoiil and angst (never thought I would say that)! I did like the slow buildup between them though…. and Lena’s thought process!
I think I will move onto Insurmountable….. Or break down and buy Rogue (which I also have high expectations for)…..decisions, decisions…..
Oh and I still love Malcolm….he cracks me up!
I just finished “Lead”…. it’s 4.5 stars for me (?)… 3.5 for him and 5 for her… and since nothing much really happened in the book besides them being at his house, it isn’t a 5 star for me. Don’t get me wrong – I absolutely LOVED Lena. Her inner monologue was worth the price of the book. Given such a strong character and a notorious bad boy it could have been explosive, you know what I mean? I kept waiting for it to go nuclear. It took WAY TOO LONG for them to hook up. I was as frustrated as she was. And the “oh no” stuff could have been played up so much more. And he teetered between being a complete @$$ and kind of pathetic. I wanted to toss my Kindle across the room because I wanted it to go there. Just go there. I can handle it. So…. good book… good series… I’ll read Ben’s story for sure… 4.5 stars because Lena’s ramblings were worth every minute spent reading it.
Now onto Rogue? or maybe I’ll just take a teeny-tiny-peeky-peek at the ginormous list above…..
Linda – Dair was hot – loved it!!! Did those three novellas back-to-back!
Someone chime in on Insurmountable… I read blurb… I don’t get it? What’s got everyone all worked up? What am I missing???
MichelleS, couldn’t have said it better except less stars for me! Will definitely continue the series! As to Insurmountable….. it was recommended and I am intrigued…. Supposedly it is a mindf&$k!! Amy, did you start it? Anyone?
To me Insurmountable sounds like it could be angsty and hidden secrets….,a hidden gem..hoping 🙂
Jean – a mindf&#k could be just what I need… I sure as heck didn’t get a bodyf#*k with that last book….. 😉 I’m still more disappointed than in any kind of a book fog about ‘Lead” because the writer obviously has he talent to give me mind fog….can you imagine Lena AND Jimmy going at it like what was happening in her mind? And throw in some groupies and rock-n-roll drama… a concert…. “Lead” in my mind was better than the book. That sounds so awful…. because I did like it. I just wanted it to go to it’s potential. Someone read “Insurmountable” already so I know what to do…
And Fabi – How’s “Sweet Dreams” going for you? It’s a long one…. her books are long…. and I saw that many of her books are loanable – so I will loan you Golden Dynasty when you are ready (can’t WAIT to hear your review of that one)….
Okay ladies, about Insurmountable…I’m about 75% in, but I have to admit I’ve been skimming a bit. The story line itself is pretty good, and the twist is crazy enough to have me going “nope, nope, nope, nope!” Like the octopus. 😉 As Maryse would say, *eeeeep*! BUT, the execution is shoddy, or at least to me it is. The characters don’t have a lot in terms of depth so I’m not really connecting with them and “feeling” things along with them, and I don’t enjoy a book as much when that happens. The twist, however, is enough to keep me reading because I really want to know how things work out.
So, up to this point it is more of a “meh” book. I guess I just have certain expectations when reading, and anything less is disappointing. Or maybe I’m just being a nitpicky meanie. Wouldn’t be the first time I was accused of being that. 😉
I wanted a mindf%$k as well, but instead I got a mind…tease? *shrugs*
Michelle, Sweet Dreams is great. It is a long book, but that’s a plus for me. I love long books! I have Heat in my TBR and its something like 1200 pages long.
I want to read Rogue when some of you start it.
I really need to keep my clicking finger in my pocket until the next round of new releases which I won’t be able to resist. Aug – Sep are when all my faves issue new releases so I’m going to be freaked trying to read everything through December. And that’s if nothing new great comes out.
I’d love to get Golden Dynasty from you. I need to figure out how to lend my libraries out. I have both Nook and Kindle books and well, Audible too.
you know… that happens. I find that sometimes blurbs BLOW me away (total *jolt*), and quite a few times lately, even… and yet the story itself almost has a diluted quality compared to that blurb. A story told, but not felt.
Good-ish, but not OMG!!! like I thought it would be, you know?
OK Amy you helped me make my decision now…. Rogue is next!
Awww Man…..disappointing 🙁
Ok Maryse we know how you love your lists……no worries we LUV EM TOO!! Best MIndf%$k Books????
My #1 vote is Consequences Series By Aleatha Romig
If several of us are going to read Rogue we should start a discussion for it don’t you think?
That is exactly how to describe it, Maryse. The whole story concept had the potential to make a horrible mess out of me (love that!), but it just…didn’t. And I even tried to force it because the twist is just so *oomph*! I don’t like having to work for a feeling when reading – especially when that feeling is giving me the one-finger salute. 😛
Jean, I was the willing guinea pig on this one. 😉 Woo-hoo, I took one for the team! *giggle*
So, it looks like Rogue is up next for a lot of ladies here. I am so ready to go into a book tizzy now! 😀
Thanks for being the guinea pig Amy! Lol! I just bit the bullet and bought Rogue so I am definitely starting that tonight! The reviews are off the charts so my high expectations are even higher, but Real is one of my all time favorites, the whole series really, so I have confidence that Katy Evans is going to rock my world! Just the name, Greyson, is making me…..um….maybe I shouldn’t say….haha!
Amy how disappointing, I was ready for a story with some oompf!! Damn. Maybe Six of Hearts? I still need to read the other books in the Real series before I can read Rogue…now what to read….always my TBR list 😉
Now I can start Lead. Magic Breaks was good but ended ERM… Odd? That end will take some adjusting to.
I’m in the same boat with Rouge Cheryl….so many series to catch up on so little time,
I loved Lead!! I can’t believe all the mixed reviews. I laughed so many times. I couldn’t put the book down until unfortunately I had to go out but as soon as I got back home back to Lead I went!!! Now I’m done!! What’s next??
Question for you ladies. There’s a book 2 that came out last week: Tyler by Jo Raven https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M0XBPXQ?cache=4f136f03b8e97c7a7a274e4f12b7d033&pi=SY200_QL40&qid=1406748742&sr=8-2#ref=mp_s_a_1_2
Is says it’s a sequel to Asher. Is anyone familiar with this series. It sounds angsty good to me.
You shouldn’t say what, Jean? Hmmm? *snicker*
Okay, my last two cents on Insurmountable…2 stars for the execution then moving up to 3 for the twist and back down to 2.5 for the ending. *sigh* Man, I wasted my new read allowance! I still have one more new-purchase read allowed this week *saying that loud enough for Book Dom to hear* so on to Rogue!!! 😀
Horny, hot, melting, wet……lol….no I did not just say that!!! OK Amy sorry for that recommendayion but I’m glad you read it before me and it looked like it had so much promise! I did download it so eventually maybe i will read it! Looks like we are all going to start Rogue tonight… Fun! Oh and after I made the decision to read it, I got a definite sign from above as the next letter I typed in work was addressed to a Mr Greyson!!!!! Now if that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is!
😯 BAHAHAHAHA!!! OMG, that’s classic, Jean!!
No need for apologizing, the blurb *did* look promising. Who knows, maybe you will be able to connect with it and then you will wonder what my deal was. 😉 *snort* As if people don’t already think that about me…
*still snickering* You said horny. 😛
You just made me literally lol!!!!!
I am going with Jean’s “sign” that we should read Rogue next, so that’s what will be on my Kindle tonight.
Rebecka – best mind f#*k books… hmmm… “Gone Girl” was one, and for me the Original Sinners series was (couldn’t predict a single thing in that one and when the first of so many bombshells dropped – the one about Soren’s line of work, if you know what I mean) I was shell shocked. And maybe for others it wasn’t, but for me, the Love me With Lies series was a mind cluster-f#$k because of the crazy lies and twists and turns.
Fabi – I’ve only ever loaned to friends and I have their emails, so maybe someone can chime in and tell me how I can send it to you. I just need an email address… but not sure how to get yours?!? Just tell me when you are ready for it. It’s going to blow your mind. Crazy Good….
Amy and Maryse… I’ll see your “Say Something” and “Poison and Wine” and raise you a ‘Stay with me” by Sam Smith…. for “Lead”
(This ain’t love it’s clear to see, but darling stay with me) – dare you not to cry!
Still reading “Lead” and enjoying but I’m having so many starts and stops today. Not by fault of the book however. *sigh* Maybe now I’m settled enough in my today’s activities to finish it tonight. *fingers crossed* ’cause I have SO many books I want to read with you guys. 😀
Are we playing strip poker, Michelle? 😛 See what you started, Jean!!
Hey Maryse, did you watch it? You know, when you were alone and with all of your makeup off first. *giggle*
Would you consider Push and Rainfall in the Mindf**k category?
I’m starting Rogue with y’all, either tonight or tomorrow. I’d love to try out those new (to me) discussion boards with it.
Michelle, my email is (remove the spaces) fabigower (at) gmail. I don’t type it out correctly to prevent spiders from picking it up. I’m looking forward to Golden Dynasty. I’m only halfway through Sweet Dreams. I don’t like Lauren or Tate right now but I’m sure it’s coming and I will. Great author.
Fabi – when you loan a book it’s for two weeks, I think (?) – so tell me when you are ready, since you have Sweet Dreams AND Rogue going now….
And be patient with Tate – would we give him so much love if he didn’t straighten his moody self out at some point? But calling her fat was so so wicked, wasn’t it? Or was it old and fat? It’s been a while….
Are you going to try the discussion boards? I’ll check it out periodically to see…
I’m waiting to start Lead this weekend. You guys are hard core with the angst. I have downloaded and unread Taryn Fisher trilogy and the Thoughtless series. Bought them all on sale and because how well liked they are but now a little wary of them. The Avoiding series was a DNF for me and I still fume when I think of Taking Chances, think that was the title. I ‘ve learned that in romance books I really want to like the heroine and for me triangles can make that hard. For that trope I liked Maybe Someday and Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson.
Thanks Michelle. I just sent you an email. Yes let’s wait a few days.
I know Tate and Lauren will come through for me. No way all of you would have raved about the book otherwise. I’m enjoying the story although I have a bit of a hard time understanding the dialogue sometimes. Guess I don’t know any biker lingo. haha I need Tate to soften up – a lot – and I need Lauren to keep that backbone she only gives a peek of. Lots of time for that to happen since I’m only halfway through.
Hey Jean – since you said you still love Malcolm (snarky snarky Mal)… didn’t you think he could be a brother of Mitch Shaw (the lion shifter from Shelley Laurenston’s Pride Series)… OMG… the stuff that comes out of his mouth reminded me so much of Mitch I actually pictured the exact same guy in my head! Don’t know if you read Laurenston or not….
Um, Jean with recommendations like that I HAVE to read Rogue, but *pout* I haven’t read previous books in that series. 🙁 Good news is that Real is on my TBR list, so I’m making my book Dom happy with reading that one now!! Yeh!!
Cheryl, I am so jealous you are getting to experience Real for the first time…Remington Tate is my alltime favorite book boyfriend!
MichelleS, never read the Pride series…..good??
I am 40% into Rogue and really loving it and Greyson…..my anxiety is rising by the minute……I think this is gonna hurt a little when the truth eventually comes out…..ugh!
Jean – I don’t even want to tell you if it’s good or not because all our TBR lists are too long already. So… put it on your “One of These Days” list – you know, in case you have to go to the North Pole for 6 months and you need lots of oldies but goodies to catch up on. It’s super snarky, super sexy shape-shifter romance…. so, yeah, right up my alley! But not everyone’s taste. I love it because old characters show up but each one is stand alone (one hot couple at a time). The lion shifters are the best! You laugh, you pee, then you get all hot and bothered. Hilarious. Oh crap. I wasn’t going to tell you… oh well….
UGH. I am going to get hell for this I know…. but… I am 13% into “Rogue” and not feeling it. It is so corny. Here’s the line I just read, “I’ve mentally checked myself into the Greyson Addicts Anonymous and only he can remedy my disease”. OMG! Seriously? So far it is like a really really bad old harlequin romance. I am going to keep going because it’s Katy Evans, and she write “Real”… so it’s going to get better, right? I hope so…. Not buying it at all right now (instant connection? hook up after 2 minutes?) Lots of eye rolling so far…. where are you Maryse?
HEY! I started my very first discussion….didn’t even know that existed – so thanks to whoever it was that pointed that out. It’s about my thoughts on “Rogue” so far…. (lots of typos – oops)
Lead was great! Unrequited love, ultra-steamy, tear-jerking, funny… contains my new favorite, loved-hated-loved, flawed hot-man.
MichelleS, I felt the same way in the beginning but it gets better! I was irritated by that instant connection too but then it kinda made sense.
Lead was soo great ☆☆☆☆☆my favorite Stage Dive novel! Began with rough but was so disappointed, didn’t even finish it 🙁
Haha, OK MichelleS, I will keep that series on my radar!
MichelleS MindF*%ck books. Gone Girl ooooh I forgot about that one sooo good!! I agree totally blindsided.
Funny you should mention Original Sinners too! It was between that and starting Real last night. I choose Real at after midnight and was a fool to start it!! I’m draggin this am. I can’t put it down!! I can’t believe I was missing this GREAT READ!! INTENSE Remy!! I have 4 chapters to go.
I never read Gone Girl, but have always wanted to! Love a good mindf%&k…..speaking of which Raw… totally screwed with my mind!
Rebecka, I love Remy!!!!! Sigh…..
Oh and since the last 2 books I’ve read have been a disappointment, I think I will have to go to a KA book or back to BDB series where I know I will be satisfied!
Rebecka Real is sooooo good.
And now, thanks to you ladies, I know what is also sooooo good, Kristen Ashley. Yesterday I was halfway through Sweet Dreams which so many of you recommended and I was thinking: although I’m not a fan of contemporary romance, this one is really good. I’d planned on stopping halfway through to read Rogue. Then I got past the halfway point in the book and WHAM POW POW POW. The punches started coming and haven’t stopped yet. I have NOT been able to put it down. I have laughed, cried, hurt and celebrated with these characters. WOW, just wow.
Fabi – YOU GO GIRL!!!! KA has an entire library of great writing. Do NOT abandon KA for Rogue. Read my comments – UGH! So bad….
Jean – I’m right there with you. Seriously considering re-reading Lover Eternal (I’m a Rhage girl… sigh….) or something by KA. And all the KM Moning talk got me missing the Highlanders and kilts and “lassie” talk…
THEN I thought about catching up on all the YA PNR that has been floating around because “Lux” is coming out with new one? After Twilight I went right to Hot and heavy Adult Vamps. Skipped right over YA. So I don’t know any of these apparently delicious little baby vamps and other-worldly creatures (pedophile alert). Maybe Maryse could put together a list of YA PNR you may have missed? I never read Mortal Instruments or the Vampire Diaries either. Woe is me.
I’m thinking oldies but goodies is the way to go. After forking out nearly 8.00 for Rogue, I need a fix of something good.
Rebecka – Original Sinners. Wowza. Okay, you have to be in the mood for some BDSM, m/m, every possible naughty thing you could say or do, all wrapped up in an actually FASCINATING story that slowly unfolds over several books (4 or 5?). If it was just the sexy-sexy, I’d have abandoned it, but the actual STORY is awesome. And Soren is….. I can’t even tell you… I have no words. He’s tone of the baddest good guys ever? I can’t say too much because everything is a spoiler. Intense reading.
You know what the problem is with all these WONDERFUL recommendations? (Other than the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day?) The problem is I want to get caught up in a book and swept away and maybe even discover a great series or new author and have tons of material (like discovering KA)…. AND… at the same time, I don’t want to miss out on anything NEW, so I am a hot hot mess. But only a few new ones actually hot the mark, so I am rethinking my current strategy and going back to definite goodies I missed. Going to check your 5 star reads and go WAY back, Maryse.
Are you kidding me?! I now have to put Original Sinners on my reading list. Michelle, between your influence and Maryse here, I’m hopeless. I’m going to start living my life virtually, in books, because I don’t have time for RL anymore. Ha!
YA – I have read A LOT of. There are so many good ones that it’s hard to know where to begin. But since you’re a fan of PNR like I am, I highly recommend the Immortal Instruments. It is excellent. I wish I could loan them to you but mine are all hard copy. If you also like Dystopian, then I would have to make you a list, there are sooooo many. Of course, if you haven’t already read the Divergent series, you might as well start with a bang. I only have Allegiant in Nook, the others hardback.
I always get hardbacks for the ones that blew me away with originality and thought provoking stories with well developed characters.
Michelle, I’m assuming you have read the other Lux books? If not, read them!! That is the only YA PNR series I still follow. Also, her Covenant series is one of my favorites and is complete! Aiden is so… *sigh*. And the h is bada$$ but is constantly saying or doing the wrong thing. *giggle*
Fabi – I literally have the hardcover books of Mortal Instruments (books 1 and 2) sitting here from my library – maybe I should do that? I am just assuming that people liked them at the time because of the Twilight fever. And if no one ever has sex I may be disappointed. I am a book-perv now, apparently. Dystopian – yes- some…. not the YA stuff. The Beyond series (whoa – apparently crazy exhibitionist sex is the only good thing “after” the world falls apart)…
Amy – No, didn’t read Lux#1, but it was free and I’m an idiot, so I downloaded it.
And I forgot about Madeline Sheehan’s series The Holy Trinity – it was dystopian – and really good in a really weird way. Anybody read that one?
I haven’t read the Holy Trinity series, the Lux series, or the Sinners on Tour series (but have the whole series downloaded). Should I start the Sinners series? I feel like I’m in a slump…. Especially since I was so disappointed in Lead and Rogue!
Fabi, glad to hear you loved KA!!
OK just downloaded 1st book of Lux series after seeing Michelle’s “free” comment…. It looks good and may be just the change I need!
Always in the mood for any possible naughtiness **waggles eyes**
I swear sometimes it takes be an hour to select a book from the TBR…so OUTACONTROL!!! I’m going to have to start treating it like the lottery and randomly pick a number and just read the lucky winner.
Love the Beyond Series!! Total club vibe with dystopain spin and They all stick together as in Let’s all have sex anywhere any place with anyone!!
Jean I’ll read Original Sinners with you if you want…I can start tonight!
Yay! You’re gonna read the Lux series! *happy dance*
I read the Holy Trinity series, and hopefully the third book will be out soon. Oh, and the first book is also free right now! Michelle, did it kill ya when things came to head with Gerik near the end? Oh, my heart.
Amy – YES!! I was waffling between Gerik and Xan… and I switched sides. Him and all his “fata” this and “fata” that won me over. And no one who did not read these books will even get what the heck I mean by that! That series is so freaking original… nothing else like it. I got to book 4 on Beyin series… I think there may be more… just not in the mood for that right now.
Rebecka – I have spent at least an hour or more reading book blurbs trying to decide. I am better off going with one of your recommendations.
Jean – what are your in the mood for?
Dang – it sounds like there needs to be a list of “look what’s free if you want to start a series”… Lux #1… Holy Trinity #1… what else? I’m in the mood to one-click…
I don’t know what I’m in the mood for, seriously….. sometimes I spend hours just looking up the books on my kindle (trying to remember why I downloaded them to begin with and what they are about…. I call it book research.. Haha)! Sinners or Lux series I think….both are so different, but those rock stars usually get me all angsty with pains in my stomach so I don’t know if I can handle that right now. Although the last 2 books didn’t have enough angst so I’m just so confused but I want a book that I DON’T WANT TO PUT DOWN AND I WILL LOSE SLEEP OVER IT AND THINK ABOUT IT FOR DAYS AFTER I FINISH IT!!!!!! Suggestions??
In what genre, Jean? Give me something to work with….
What I want is a stand alone, even if; it’s part of a series – where there’s a HEA at the end for that couple…. like KA’s series – even if characters show up later in other books, their story is finished….
No cliffhangers. No trilogies.
Any genre really…. the are tons of books I can recommend that are standalone and have HEAs!!! Did you read The Year We Fell Down which is listed in Maryse’s latest…… LOVED THAT BOOK!!
Also, My Skylar, Louder Than Love, Changing Course and Stolen Course (both standalones but part of series….loved them), Hard Time, Puddle Jumping, Willing Captive, Full Measures, Sung of the Fireflies…….ugh I could go on and on! And I will assume you have read Archer’s Voice which is the best book ever!
From that list I read Archer’s voice and Puddle Jumping, Hard Time. Liked them all. Loved Archer’s voice.
A NA stand alone that had a HEA was Making Faces by Amy Harmon.Did you read that one?
And Love In English… I loved that one. Neighbor from Hell (all stand alones). After Hours (I LOVED that one). let’s see… what else? On The Island…
I’m going to read the blurbs for all of those, Jean, and decide on one of them. The Year We Fell Down sounds good already.
Loved Making Faces! Did not read Love In English yet but bought it. I don’t know what I’m waiting for! Love the Neighbor From Hell series and haven’t read On the Island yet but it’s on my one of lists as a Maryse favorite!
I had to skim those last few posts because I just can’t handle crushing on any more series right now. I have way too much I want to read.
I just finished Sweet Dreams. Unputdownable. I even missed my dentist appointment.
I need a break. Even if it’s just an hour or two. Whew.
Maryse, did you know you are quoted at the end of Sweet Dreams with your review of Motorcycle Man? I thought that was way cool.
Michelle, there is not outright sex at the beginning of Mortal Instruments. The characters are fairly young. But they get steamy anyways. 🙂 Later in the series, they grow up. (double grin). The twists and turns throw you for loop after loop. I guess I have my mind on the series because the latest release is sitting on my bookshelf unread.
omg I can’t believe I have unread books. Before Maryse’s Blog (BMB) 🙂 I remember spending hours looking and researching my next read. Sometimes with unpleasant results. Now, I can’t keep up with all the great ones mentioned here. A GREAT problem to have imho.
Fabi – same boat – was dying for new material – now I am overwhelmed. Sweet Dreams is behind you. And if you find nothing, then 99.9% of us would agree that Golden Dynasty is al all time can’t miss 5 star Kristen ashley at her best read!!!!!!
Jean – what about After Hours – you didn’t mention that one – I LOVED that as a stand alone…. really really…. if you want slow burn steam. And On The Island is just completely memorable – every moment – pure romance for those of us saps who eat it up. Love in English was great too. Out of those three if I had to pick just one to read tonight… it would be… CRAP… I can’t decide, loved them all….
So… waffling now between Mortal Instruments and Year we Fell Down…. HELP
Maryse!!! You have got to put Six of Hearts at the top of your to-read list stat. Spent the whole night reading it anddddd I’ll guarantee you might love it even more than painted faces. So so so good. Finally, a story I don’t mind re-reading again. All-time fave for 2014. Ok I don’t want to hype it up too much LOL.
Okay I’m reading it! Or that is… I’ll be starting it. 🙂
Lol Michelle… you are no help! No I haven’t read After Hours yet but it is on that same list as On the Island!!! Too many to decide from!
You should read The Year We Fell Down….. You won’t regret it!
It? Which it Maryse????
Six of Hearts sounds complicated. Like that movie “Now You See Me” – my brain hurts too much for complicated magic and twists and turns… I think I’m going with “The Year We fell Down”…. Fabi… Jean… Amy… Cheryl…Rebecka… what’d you all decide???? Now that we totally overwhelmed each other….
I haven’t decided yet. Maybe after dinner. Whatever I start tonight I have to be able to put it down and get out of the house tomorrow. lol
Fabi – After Hours is a good one if you have something to do tomorrow. On the Island may make you stay in bed. Save Love in English for another time. Now choose for me: Lux#1, Mortal Instruments #1, The Year We Fell Down…. they are all sitting here ready to go….. or I could go out for ice cream….
I can’t decide…ugh!
MichelleS give six a chance. Read the free chapters I guarantee you won’t regret 🙂
I don’t think I have After Hours. Already read Love in English. Loved it. I don’t know anything about The Year We Fell Down. Lux and Immortal Instruments both have new releases out. I rate II a bit higher. But then, I really like YA and NA.
After Sweet Dreams I think I need a little PNR or Sci Fi. Did you say Golden Dynasty had some fantasy?
I don’t know. I have 4 TBR lists. One of them with 40 books waiting. Two with a dozen or so each and the last with a handful. Not to mention the 3 hardcovers sitting on my shelf right now.
The one thing I don’t want to do is buy anything else this week because I’ll for sure be one clicking tomorrow.
Another one you guys are always raving about that I haven’t read yet is Archers Voice – I think that’s the title.
One I read recently that was pretty good is Project Genesis. Has a similar theme to Feehan’s altered humans series. It’s maybe 3-3.5 stars
Oh oh oh – I just read a review of Golden Dynasty that said “time travel, an alpha male, and an HE A” <—- That's what I'm in the mood for!
Amy- So the Covenant series is complete, is Lux complete also?
I thought Six of Hearts sounded interesting- something different. 🙂
I am in the same boat- wanting a book that I can’t put down and has a great story, that maybe is different too.
FABI!!! – I’m going to email you my loaned copy of Golden Dynasty!! Oh Yeah!! At least someone will be satisfied tonight…. rock on!!! woop woop
Michelle, I was going to start Rogue but then became all fickle and picked Transendence. Totally different genre but I’m loving it!
Cheryl, I am 99.5% sure that the Lux book coming out on Tuesday is the final one. The Holy Trinity series is good, too (the first book is free right now!) and is NA PNR.
And Fabi, I think you will love Golden Dynasty. I read that one first (it is book 2) and then went back and read books 1, 3 and 4. They are *all* great, but GD is my absolute favorite! 😀
Oh Man. I’m jealous. Fabi is going to have a freaking awesome night with GD. Amy’s going to be grunting caveman talk tomorrow (and I loved that one). Boo. I hate you guys……
Great picks Amy and Fabi! Still don’t know what I’m going to read next….I might try the meeny miny moe system…haha (I’m sure i didn’t spell that right)!
Amy I read Transendence a while back because I liked the author so much. I really liked it too. -Different- in a good way.
Michelle, thank you thank you. I’m about to start GD now.
So I finished Lead… time to review. I’m on a 4-star level with it. I really liked it, loved some parts even, intensity got real good at times, and I actually read a whole sex scene from start to finish (vs skimming it like I often find myself doing – I like Kylie’s steamy stuff). 😉
But considering how intense and moody, and solitary he was, I think I needed more *oomph* in the angst department. More intensity. More resistance. More painful moments… more mistakes.
Oh wow, look at me! I’m writing my review in the comments. LOL!
Okay and now to choose my next. I tried to get Michelle to start the Hearts book with me, but she’s not biting. *sigh* I may have to do it myself. That’s okay. I’ll give it a go. I love that author. 😛
Amy & Cheryl (and all other makeup lovers!! And book lovers). 😉
Did you see this awesomeness???!!! MAC is creating an entire makeup color line with romance books in mind. Tee hee!!
MAC A Novel Romance Collection for August 2014
I just remembered one that’s kind of ‘out there’, “The Traveler” by Melissa Delport I think. I really liked it.
Amy… it’s like they’ve been watching us chat about makeup or something, and made this just for US!!! 😛
I like Melissa Delport!! She’s the Rainfall one!
OMG Maryse I love the pictures and names of the different makeup in the novel-romance collection. Will definitely be checking it out next month when it comes out. Laughed about the first pic where the guy is in a kilt– nod to Outlander perhaps!! 🙂
Was thinking of starting Real, but squirreling about the Hearts book. Could be persuaded to read it with you. 😉
Okay I’m working on my “Lead” review right now, but as soon as I settle in, I’ll confirm which one I picked up. I’m thinking Hearts…
All your mentions of Daemon what’s his name and Lux made me curious… And the excitement of the new one next week.. And it was FREE.. So I started it. So far so good. He’s a jerk!
Oh, and because I have multiple personality disorder, I also started Bone Deep, Maryse… And that is good too.
Going to keep on trekking with Lux and Daemon. Will save Bone Deep for later… But it’s s definite go for me.
The magic one.. Six whatever.. I’ll wait for your reaction… I don’t trust myself right now.
And Fabi is smack dab in TBR middle of the hunt I’m sure… So jealous.
Both GREAT choices Michelle. I LOVED them both. So different, story-wise, but you can’t go wrong with either. 😀
Just finished the hunt. 🙂
Michelle I think you’ll like the Lux series. I loved it. I have the whole series if you decide to continue it let me know.
MARYSE!!!! OMG!!!! I’m going nuts here over that collection!!!!! They DID read our discussions and make it *just* for us!! 😀
I already have a list made up of what I’m going to buy – and it’s a loooooong list. And, AND they have the Alluring Aquatic collection back in stock now and I can buy what I wanted from that one!! I can’t wait for August!!!!!
*squealing and jumping around*
And Michelle, he IS a jerk (especially at first) but his devotion is swoon-worthy!
I’m still wiggling in my seat over that collection!! 😀
I totally squirreled you guys! Went through some of my recent purchases and what they were about and ended up starting Second Chances by H.M. Ward……. it’s sooooo good! I am loving it!
Recap of last night’s sqiurrelfest: Many of us should be satisfied, because from what I can tell: Fabi got Tate and Lahn back to back (winner winner chicken dinner), Amy got some cave-man lovin’ (stick a penis in me, I’m done), Cheryl may have gotten her some Remy-lovin’, I got to meet Daemon Black (he’s still a bastard, but I know he’ll get better), Jean went with something new (? how did it work out?), and Maryse went with the magician? Is that about right? All in all, a good night for mega-hot guys! Rebecka, what’d you end up doing?
Love that recap MichelleS and so far I am really liking Second Chances! Slow buildup and taboo relationship (he is 10 years younger than her)… Yeah it’s good! Looking forward to a rainy weekend, perfect for curling up on the couch to read while my husband works… Yay!
Planning to start the Lux series, or Sinners on Tour series this weekend!
OMG Michelle!! LOL!!
Ooooh, Jean…Second Chances sounds really good. I went to one-click it and was told I already purchased it. *hee hee*
I do that all the time Amy and I love finding out I’ve already bought it!!
I might have to start Lux again to get reacquainted with Mr Black again before next week’s release. But right now I am loving Kahn and Circe. I STILL haven’t gotten out of the house to do my million errands. Michelle, you are getting me in so much trouble. *giggle* lovin it
You guys – if a ten year age difference is tantalizing – try a “won’t tell you how many” year age difference – The Wild Side – he’s 40 and she is…. well… young…. so so good. His inner monologue is crazy good. How he tries to talk himself out of perving on her… hilarious!
You have only BEGUN to get a taste of the greatness that is Kristen Ashley – except you are reading probably my two favorites ever – Fabi. They are loanable – so you can tackle a few at a time – anytime – just let me know. Did the tiger call her momma yet? What a dork I am!
Oh yes she Has the baby tiger. I love a strong and smart heroine. Not sure about all that made up language. It kind of makes my reading stutter. I’m at 50%. But it’s almost 3pm and I HAVE to get out of this house. —right after I go check out The Wild Side— oohhh Michelle
MichelleS you are making me want to read the Wild Side series asap especially since I love RK Lilley so much!!!! I can never stick to my TBR list…. Ugh (but it makes me feel better to know your are all having this same problem if can call it that… Haha)!
Jean – Wild Side was great because you know all that stuff our alphas SAY in our books? Well, he THINKS it and then some and that makes it even funnier – and more real – because that’s probably EXACTLY what guys think. He has what he calls his “douche bag side notes” which have you rolling on the floor. “maybe I reminded her of her dad, or f#$k, her grandpa. It didn’t bear thinking about”. It’s a great choice if you want major STEAM with wit and, as it turns out, an actual story… couldn’t believe the author managed all that. And of course, the taboo of older man younger woman. Not for the faint of heart – LOTS of steamy sex – because what else would a 40-year old with a too-young woman?