<— This is the star of the show for me, today, ’cause I LOVED it like crazy, and it had me crying like a baby in the beginning and the end. But SO worth the tears!! Here’s my review. You’ll see. It’s pure Colleen Hoover!!
Next, I’m reading Hearts of Fire by L.H. Conway. She’s awesome, and I loved two of her other books, so I can’t WAIT to get started on this one, especially after what Kandace told me. I posted her recommendation below. 😀
Plus! I highlighted a bunch of other new-to-me’s that look so good!! And don’t even get me started on the awesome bargain finds! 😉
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
NEW AUDIOBOOK RELEASES —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans through your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal
- Confess by Colleen Hoover <— AUDIOBOOK NEW RELEASE!! And it’s priced pretty darn good for a new release. I’m not sure if it’s even cheaper if you already have the Kindle version (mine was an ARC so I can’t verify) but would be fun to know…
- Beta by Jasinda Wilder <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Falling Away: Fall Away, Book 3 by Penelope Douglas
- Unraveled: Mastered, Book 3 by Lorelei James
- Against the Cage: Worth the Fight Series by Sydney Halston
- Dirty Secret: Burke Brothers, Book 1 by Emma Hart
- Dead Heat: Alpha and Omega, Book 4 by Patricia Briggs
- Sawyer: Alluring Indulgence, Book 7 by Nicole Edwards
- Wanted: Wild Thing: Midnight Liaisons, Book 4 by Jessica Sims
- Illusion: Swept Away, Book 1 by J.S. Cooper
- His to Take: Wicked Lovers, Book 9 by Shayla Black
- Soaring by Kristen Ashley – March 16th 2015
- Deep: A Stage Dive Novel by Kylie Scott – March 31st 2015
- Manwhore by Katy Evans – March 24th 2015
- Dark Instincts: Phoenix Pack by Suzanne Wright – April 7th 2015
- Asa Unabridged: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover – April 21st 2015
- Lock & Key by Cat Porter <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (and book #2 was just released and it’s super-bargain priced – see it below!!)
- Falling For Her Fiance (Entangled Bliss) (Accidentally In Love Book 1) by Cindi Madsen <— FAKE FIANCE!!! Plus super-bargain priced!
- Forgiving Reed (Southern Boys Book 1) by C.A. Harms <— Bargain priced and sounds super angsty! “Reed” destroyed her heart… “The only thing that kept her going was the one little piece of joy she still had in her life, her baby boy, Rhett. She had no choice but to move forward and give her son the best life she could. Which meant moving back home. Except there was one problem. Home was where Reed would be…“
- Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— on super-sale and much loved by SO many here!! Plus she just released a new standalone below that will be the one I am starting today! 😀 My review.
- Step-Lover: A Stepbrother Romance by Bella Jewel <— Nancy found us this one on super-bargain! She says: “Written by Bella it has to be naughty!” <— LOL!
- Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre <— I LOVED THIS ONE ALERT!! and it’s BARGAIN PRICED!! SUPER bargain priced. my review!!
- Owned (Decadence after Dark Book 1) (A Decadence after Dark Novel) by M. Never <— DARK READ ALERT! (and book #2 was just released below) “Ellie agrees to leave with Kayne, believing she is finally bedding the man of her dreams. Little does she know when she walks out the door, she’s about to be Owned.“
- Wilde Heart (Wilde Women Book 2) by Suzanne Halliday <— BROKE HER HEART NOW HE’S HER BOSS ALERT! Jenny recommends this one saying: “All 5* reviews so far! Loved this book!” And the blurb sounds like it could be angsty! “Then, Liam Ashforth turns up eight long years after walking away from their secret love affair. And not just any old reappearance—not him! No, he’s come back as her boss in a move that shakes up Rhiann’s whole world.“
- Steering the Stars by Autumn Doughton & Erica Cope <— Kat found us this one and it’s super-bargain priced! Oh it DOES sound so good!! Two best friends taking different paths in college…
- The Beauty Series by Skye Warren <— THE ENTIRE series has been bundled at a bargain price AND!!!! It’s right up our alley. The author says: “The Beauty Series has a scarred hero who also happens to be her professor… The bundle includes the four parts, a short story and three novellas.“
- Taken by a Dragon (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 7) by Felicity Heaton
- Freeing the Beast (Taming the Beast) by Tina Donahue
- The Resistance (The Bionics Novels Book 2) by Alicia Michaels
- All But Lost (The Gifted Realm Book 6) by Jillian Neal
- Fate (Fallen from Grace series Book 1) by Kate Bonham
- Slaine (Part Three) (Circle of Six Book 3) by Natasha Logan
- Crush: A Paranormal Romance Novel by Christina Strigas
- Water Witch (Elementals Book 1) by Alison Highland
- Guarding January by Sean Michael
- Aerial Magic (Witch Guardian Romance Book 2) by Caryn Moya Block
- Confess: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— *SQUEE!!!!* I LOVED IT! SO worth the tears!! Here’s my review.
- Hearts of Fire by L.H. Cosway <— One of our fav authors, and Kandace is LOVING it! She says: “I’m reading ‘Hearts of Fire’ by L.H. Cosway right now. This book is AMAZING. I’m in total book heaven. This may be LH Cosway’s best work yet! My stomach feels squishy and my heart is beating a little faster than normal. The words in this story are beautiful. I feel like I’m in their realm. I’m about 50% and I don’t want it to end…” 😀 THIS IS MINE!!! I’m reading it next. YAY ME!!!
- Rock Hard (Rock Kiss Book 2) by Nalini Singh <—SHE’S SHY AND HE’S GROWLY ALERT! “Charlotte knows she’s a mouse. Emotionally scarred and painfully shy, she just wants to do her job and remain as invisible as possible. But the new CEO—a brilliant, broad-shouldered T-Rex of a man who growls and storms through the office, leaving carnage in his wake—clearly has other plans.“
- THE BAD BOYS OF EDEN: Billionaires, Alphas, Bikers, and Doms by Avery Aster, Opal Carew, Mari Carr, Cathryn Fox, Eliza Gayle, Steena Holmes, Adriana Hunter, Roni Loren, Sharon Page, Daire St. Denis
- Her Soldier (That Girl Series Book 3) by H.J. Bellus
- Adam (Riding Hard Book 1) by Jennifer Ashley
- Random & Rare (Lock & Key Book 2) by Cat Porter <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (and SO MANY loved book #1 – up there in the bargains). “How can that rare beautiful be rendered irrelevant, intangible when I still feel so damn much? Does all that energy, that glory, that significance simply dissolve? Turn to smoke? To nothing? It can’t. It just can’t...”
- Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn Book 2) by Ruth Cardello
- Always Love You (MacLarens of Fire Mountain Contemporary series Book 5) by Shirleen Davies
- Cain’s Darkness (The Brothers of Menace MC Book 4) by Jenika Snow <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! He got revenge on those that attacked his daughter and her friend… “When Cain is released from prison he can’t stay away from Violet. She’s now twenty-five, and wants him as much as he wants her.”
- Unwritten by Melody Grace <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT! “He’s my best friend’s brother – and the only boy I’ve ever loved. Movie star, manwhore, and totally off-limits.”
- Back to the Heart by Sky Corgan
- Heart of Dixon: A Brooklyn Novel (The Brooklyn Series Book 2) by Danielle Jamie
- 1001 Dark Nights: Bundle Two by Lexi Blake, Larissa Ione, Lisa Renee Jones, Cherise Sinclair
- Isolated: An Evan Arden Novella by Shay Savage <— EVAN ARDEN ALERT!!
- Inferno (Phoenix Rising Rock Band Book 1) by Kathryn Kelly <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!
- Assassin Territory (Assassins Book Book 1) by C. L. Scholey <— MAFIA HITMAN/PLANE CRASH ALERT!! OH SOUNDS AWESOME!!!! She’s on the run from her abusive ex and… “After the single-engine plane she boards is thrown off course and crashes into the middle of nowhere, killing all but one of the other occupants, Christy almost gets her wish. She is dismayed when she realizes her only hope of survival is dependent on a man who appears more soulless than her ex…“
- Rocking a SECRET (Corrigan & Co. Book 3) by Crystal Perkins
- Make Me (The Submission Games Book 1) by Tamara Mataya
- His Moment to Steal (In the Line of Duty) by Cathryn Fox
- Vision of Hope (Infinity Book 3) by S. Moose <— TWO women in love with the same man ALERT! And while these characters appeared in the first 2 books, per the reviews, it appears this one is their OWN story.
- Don’t Deny Me: A Novel by Megan Hart <— AWESOME AUTHOR ALERT! Completed serials now together in one single book! “Mick knew she was too much, too good, more than he deserved…and when Mick couldn’t give her what she needed, in a moment of crisis, they lost everything. Torn apart, Alice tries to pry him out of her life and move on–until a not-so-chance meeting at an old friend’s party brings them face-to-face once more.”
- Dangerous Love: (The Love Series – Book 3) by Casey Clipper
- Eternal Brand (Wild Crush Book 3) by Sami Lee
- All About Us (All Or Nothing Book 1) by Ashley Erin
- A Taste of You by Irene Preston
- Dances with Wolf (Entangled Bliss) (Big Sky Love) by Farrah Taylor <— RODEO PRO & his sister’s best friend ALERT!
- Summer Angel: A Summer Spirit Novella by Samantha Jacobey
- Addy And The Smart Guy (Big Girl Panties Book 3) by Carter Ashby
- Simple Beginnings by Janelle Stalder
- Claimed (Decadence after Dark Book 2) by M. Never <— DARK READ ALERT!!! I think you have to read book #1 first though…
- Until I’m Found by M. Lynne Cunning
- Pumpkin: a Cindermama Story by Ines Johnson
- Imperfect Harmony by Cheryl Devenney
- Angels & Whiskey by Kimberly Knight <— DARK SIDE ALERT! “By all appearances, Autumn Jones has the perfect life. Her husband, Richard, is a loving man who wants to be a father to her unborn children. But Autumn knows the truth. Richard has a controlling, dark side that leaves nothing to chance, especially Autumn. He’ll stop at nothing to make her the trophy wife he wants her to be. When Autumn bumps into Gabe, he consumes her every thought, but she can’t act on her feelings. She’s married to a dark man she can never leave...”
- Prevail (Triumph Book 3) by S.J. McGran <— HE’S AN ADDICT and she’s not very nice (so her ex says)…
- The Billionaire’s Kisses: Billionaire Brothers (Tycoon Billionaires Book 1) by Julie Farrell
- Guarding His Heart (Entangled Bliss) (Half Moon Bay) by Annie Seaton <— RECLUSIVE AUTHOR ALERT!
- Love and Oreos: a Sudden Falls Romance by Elizabeth Bemis
- Chlorine & Chaos (Flawed Heroes Book 1) by Jessalyn Jameson
- Kings of Brighton Beach Episode #3: Part 1: Gangsters with Guns by D. B. Shuster
- Ticket To Love by Lacey Wolfe <— “By now, she wanted to be married, and have kids, the same life all of her friends have. Then she receives a birthday gift that changes her whole life—a winning lottery ticket…”
- Disillusioned Love by Amy Lee Peine
- Crusader (An Impossible Novel) (Impossible #9) by Julia Sykes <— RUSSIAN MAFIA ALERT!!
- My Favorite Second Chance (The Lake Effect Series Book 2) by Rue
- Silent Partner (The Sweet Version) by Renee Vincent
- Betrayal by AJ Riley
- Defying Destiny by Cherron Riser
- The Children of Eden: Sequel to Idle, Wild, Love by Shaida Escoffery
- Slow and Steady Rush by Laura Trentham <— “Sparks fly when the sexy new coach and the sharp-tongued librarian meet, but neither of them is looking to make ties…”
- Red Handed: A Benediction Novel by Shelly Bell <— BDSM CLUB ALERT! “After her stepmother is abducted, Danielle Walker has no choice but to follow the kidnapper’s cryptic instructions. Under the guise of a sex slave trainee, she must infiltrate Cole DeMarco’s BDSM club and find evidence of his offshore bank account … or she’ll never see her stepmother alive again…“
- His Last Redemption (Entangled Ignite) by Clarissa Yip
- Love All Along: A Novella by Demetria Patton
- Olivia (Women of Rexford Book 1) by Joyce Brennan
- Untrue Colors (Entangled Select Suspense) by Veronica Forand <— “Professor Henry Chilton is shocked to find a beautiful stranger passed out in his bed, and even more so when the she reveals a priceless painting is a forgery – the painting he’d planned to use to fund a woman’s shelter. She’s mysterious and frightened, and he is determined to discover why…“
- The Punishment of Ivy Leavold (Markham Hall Book 3) by Sierra Simone
- Chain of Command (Greenway Range) by HelenKay Dimon <— MARINE ALERT!! “When Sawyer shows up on her porch he has military written all over him. He’s one more in a long line of people who wants the land she inherited, and suddenly he’s everywhere she goes. Hailey can’t get the broad-shouldered, dirty-talking, dead-serious man out of her head. Or her life…“
- Devil Seeker (Cycle Devils MC Book 1) by Clare Power <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!
- For The Love of Ash by Taylor Lavati
- Adapted for Film by <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT! Her book is becoming a movie and she’s suddenly “linked” to the actor…
- Need Me by Shelley K. Wall
- Holding the Line (The Firing Line – Book 2) by Kierney Scott
- Hindsight by Leddy Harper
Yay more books! I am drawn to Step Lover (A Step Brother Romance), I have a thing for forbidden romances… Maryse, please if you know of any other, please add for me… Thank you!!!
I’m reading Isolated now! Love Shay Savage and the shocker she gave me 10% into this novella!!!!
Looks love Confess MUST be next for me!
So…reading Confess right now. I’m used to Colleen Hoover’s books giving me a kick to the heart at some point in the story, but how for the love of Mike does she manage to give a kick to the heart at the *beginning* of a story *before* I even really know the characters?! Oh! And I thought I would read Finding Cinderella by CH yesterday since I needed a short story that I could finish in one evening and dang it all…she managed to sucker punch me with that one too! “…and it’s too late because I don’t know where he is.” <—- Really? REALLY? Blindsided with that one, I tell ya. *giggle* I love her books. 😉
Shane, Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma! I still ache from that one…
Oh yay… nothing is calling to me…. I may actually get to that TBR list. Of course, I bought Confess…. but nothing else. WOW. So proud of myself.
Whatcha’ reading next, Maryse? Kyland? That one is still sticking with me. That’s why I am mentioning it again. So many are with me for like a day, then forgotten. Not that one. Details are still there.
Where is your ache, Amy? Maybe hubby can relieve the ache….
OMG MichelleS!!! LOL!!!!!
Jean, I had my finger hovering over Isolation. But, $2.99 for 69 pages? I so hate short books.
Amy – I finished Finding Cinderella last night too because I was gearing myself up for Ugly Love! Loved it! I was putting off Ugly Love because I wasn’t ready to have my heart ripped apart. I started it last night and couldn’t put it down. I’m dragging today and Confess will probably be next if I can stand it.
Thank you Amy. I will check it out… Haha Michelle S, some aches even hubby can’t relieve, lol…
Forgiving Reed is excellent!!! I’ve read it a few times since it came out.
So did you finish Ugly Love, Tracy? That one sucker punched me…oh *sniffle* my heart. I loved it.
Shane, another “forbiddenny” one to check out is Drowning Instinct. Both DI and Forbidden are on the heavy side (as in sob inducing) and, for me, were the kind where I *knew* I shouldn’t be rooting for them but because of their circumstances I *wanted* things to work out for them. In theory they should be icky, but they’re not. Oh, and both are definitely worth the higher price. 😉
Here’s a few more deals 😀 Excited to start Confess especially after your review Maryse!
Fighting Destiny by Amelia Hutchins is FREE
Midnight by Elizabeth Miller is FREE
Edge of the Heat 2 by Lisa Ladew is FREE
Tease Me by Emily Goodwin is FREE
Protecting You by S Donahue is FREE
Let’s Misbehave by Katy Perry is FREE
End of Eternity by Loretta Lost is FREE
Broken Series Book 3 and Broken Valentine by Dawn Pendleton are FREE
The Duchess War by Courtney Milan is FREE
Amour Amour by Krista Ritchie is .99
Wasted Love (The Brooklyn Series Book 1) by Danielle Jamie is .99
Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre is .99
Mia & Korum (Complete Krinar Chronicles Trilogy) by Anna Zaires is 2.99
Lucky Like Us by Jennifer Ryan is 1.99
Angel’s Peak by Robyn Carr is 1.99
Unwritten by MC Decker is .99
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L Jensen is .99
Labor Day by Joyce Maynard is 1.99
Half way through with Hearts of Fire and loving it!!
That does sound good Amy… Any recommendation of teacher and student kind of forbidden? Reading Forbidden Nights, it’s gooooood…..
MichelleS and Amy, you are cracking me up! And Shane…..” Some aches even a husband can’t relieve”….blahahaha!!!!
Fabi, I know Isolated was pricey, but I had to get it after just finishing Bastian’s Storm!
I really want Confess and that’s pricey too, but I know her books are worth the price!
Here Shane… these two lists might help! 😉
Colleen tears your heart out and then kisses the booboos and puts it back in.
I LOVE HER!
and… I LOVE Cinderella. 😉 Tee hee!!!
Jean… I LOVE Evan but I have to catch up on Sebastian’s Storm before I get back to Evan…
MichelleS. You got it! I have started Kyland and I’m already loving it ’cause of both of their financial status. I like the hard-luck stories the most.
Thank you for the recommendation Lauren. It looks SO good.
Thank you for the extra bargain finds, and tell me what you think of Confess. I can’t wait to hear all of your opinions. 😀
Maryse – yay Kyland!!! That’s what drew me to it as well. Their situation is so desperate – both of them (instead of the usual rich boy, poor girl or vice-versa). I am still thinking about it. With you having just read The Deal and then Confess, I am not sure if it will measure up. That’s some serious competition for your stars! Had you read it before all that, yu may be feeling like me!
Yes, you must read Bastian’s Storm first!
I loved Kyland! So glad you are reading it!
Thanks Maryse, this is perfect!!!
I hate to say it, but my big excitement is Fighting Destiny being free. Now my Kindle app has it and I don’t have to go to the battery hogging Nook to re-read it. *grins*
Fighting Destiny is free!?? VERY COOL!
Jean, right?? Those two are cracking me up too with their ache-easing hubby comments, LOL!!
Shane, you’ll find some really good ones on those lists! As far as teacher-student books, I’ve heard that Good by S. Walden is great (I’ll follow through with starting it one of these days!). T-S books that I’ve read and really liked or loved are Drowning Instinct (big *oomph* in that one), Unteachable, Loving Mr. Daniels and the Wilson Mooney trilogy. Also, Slammed by Colleen Hoover has a nice little dose of something forbidden in it…but the blurb doesn’t say what that is so neither will I. 😛
OH. EM. GEE. I’m 2% in and bawling like a baby!!! Colleen Hoover…. you are a wicked woman playing with people’s emotions so early on!
*GASP* Cinderella, Maryse?!?!? *squealing and clapping* 😀
YES!!!!!!! *squealing and clapping* too!!!! *happy dance* 😛
MichelleS she is PURE wicked. LOVE IT!
*giggling* 😐 *snort-giggle*
You see why I’m waiting to read Never Never until the next one is out?? Her and Taryn Fisher together = me freaking the freak out. Between CH kicking my heart’s a$$ and TF kicking my gut’s a$$, I would end up in rare form if I read the first book without the second.
Not use if this series is on one of your list but I just finished The Club trilogy and it was amazing. Dual POV’s which is my fav.
“Aches, kissing boo boos and puts it back in, and squealing and clapping.” We are a “demonstrative” bunch today!!! *snort*
I’m just about finished With Every Heartbeat and then I’m going to start Confess. I’m resisting looking too closely at the above releases so I don’t get distracted! 😉 Although, I did one-click Finding Cinderella, and wow it’s free!! Where does FC fit in the reading order; seems related to Hopeless?
Amy, that’s why I’m waiting until Never, Never series is complete. Just can’t handle the waiting!!
Finding Cinderella is good! no…it’s great. 🙂 It follows Maybe Someday (my fav CH story)
btw ladies I’m “freaking out” with all the “crying” comments about Confess…please, please don’t make this the one and only CH book I can’t read 🙁 Ya’ll are scaring me!
Fabi. Read it. DO IT.
whooaaa (psst, peanut gallery, did any of you know Maryse could be so scary?)
lol I wouldn’t miss it. I loved your review.
Who meeeeeeeeee? *blinks innocently*
Oops Fabi…Finding Cinderella comes after Hopeless and Losing Hope. I was totally expecting a short story of how Daniel and Six (Sky and Holder’s friends) met, got together, maybe had some drama and then awwww everything is okay. Hmph. Right. First there is a that’s-so-sad moment but then it turns into a whollop to the chest. That line I quoted above? So freaking sad. Gotta read it, Cheryl!
But it’s just like her other books and just like Maryse said up there about CH tearing your heart out but then kissing the booboos and putting it back in. I love that description, by the way. 😉 No tearing out of the heart in FC but my heart sure took a mean kick to it…a MEAN kick.
And from my section of the peanut gallery…if Maryse tells you to read a book, you just do it. No questions asked. M’kay? Otherwise her Book Dom may make a visit to ya. 😛
omg omg omg you are SO right Amy. I LOVED Finding Cinderella. SUCH and awesome story. So, which one was the one that was about Ridge’s roommates? It was a novella and I got it confused with FC. I have such a aweful memory.
…and spelling *snort*
That one was Maybe Not. 😉
*snicker* I was in line at the grocery store earlier and it was taking forever, so I started reading Confess and came to the part near the beginning about his initials…I snorted pretty loudly (told y’all, I actually do that IRL) and oh man, did I get some stinkeye from the white-haired woman in front of me!
Those initials…that’s just wrong, LOL!!!
OMG AMY!!! 😉
I totally snort in real life too.
I’m hoping to finish Ugly Love tonight Amy but I was up so late last night reading and worked late today. I may need toothpicks for my eyes.
Was wondering if any of you could give me any recs for my next read?
Finished Confess, The deal, COS, Fighting silence and Missing pieces this week and although I loved them all I’m in need of something totally different, was thinking a paranormal/fantasy series? Any ideas? X
*sits up straight and looks sideways at Maryse’s innocent look*
I’m reading. See me reading? I Confess.
Lauren! You read ALL the good ones in one week! Way to gorge. lol. Just kidding. I’m sure great PNR recs are coming your way. I’d try but I’m sure you’ve read all of the ones I can remember.
I’m starting Confess now. *nodding at Maryse and Fabi*
Amy, I’m trying to remember Daniel and Six. I never read Losing Hope, although I have it on my kindle. Do I need to read it before reading FC?
Nothing wrong with a good snort in public!
Yeah I’ve had a few days with absolutely nothing to do so I’ve gorged…big time!!! Couldn’t help myself and now I’m in a book funk and starting books and having to put them down after a few chapters.
Not paranormal but just purchased sweet gum tree as I still haven’t read it (I know I deserve a slap, form a orderly queue)… surely this will sort me out?
Book-gorging!!! Awesome term! Thanks Fabi!
LOL! That word makes me giggle.
Ooooh Hearts of Fire sounds sooooo good! I’m starting it now. Confess next. I read first 5 Pgs and so sad. Need to prep mentally…
The confessions in Confess are true?!! *head thunk*
*standing in orderly queue*
sheesh, what’s with all the discipline around here tonight?
Ok Lauren, I expected the Michelles to be all over your request for PNR recs? Can I assume you’ve read all the well known ones? i.e. Kenyon, Ward, Briggs, Grant, Frank, Cole, etc.
MAKE ME by Tamara Mataya is THE best book I’ve read in a long time! It’s so much more than a BDSM book, or an erotic romance … It’s an epic love story for sure.
I was lucky enough to beta Tamara Mataya’s MAKE ME – it’s a fantastic read! I’m begging her to finish the next one already!
I swear, we should all make a pnr must reads list. Lauren, what books have you read, because um… I’ve read a lot. 😛
You know what? I think we should make a literal list of pnr musts, because I always forget a few in recommending.
I’ve read quite a few but haven’t read PNR in so long so I’m a bit out of the loop on what’s good?…BDB, fever, dark hunters,downside ghosts,night huntress, darynda grave series, fae chronicles. Trying to think what else I’ve read?
Hearts of Fire .. is that a stand alone book? I read the blurb and it seems quite interesting. Confess is on my TBR list as well. But the Circus plot has me intrigued.. Thanks Maryse!
Haha, I never snort but I do have a weird giggle that hubby says is cute when he is happy, annoying when he mad. Wow Lauren, I need to play catch up….
Anne Bishop’s The Others series, starting with Written in Red. Chicsgoland Vampires by Chloe Neill. Black Wing series by Christina Henry (which is complete). Have you read those?
Definitely the Others. Ilona Andrews (new to them myself) and Patricia Briggs.
I just finished the first of the Kissed by a Muse series, Unchained Melody, and I need a manatee. My emotions are all over the place. One of those, I laughed, I cried… Honestly, the book is done and I’m still crying. It had can HEA, but what happened in the book had me sobbing even at the HEA part.
Nope not read any of them, which would you suggest to start first?
Are they all long series?
Lauren… I’ll add Nightwalkers series by J. Frank, Immortals After Dark Series, Elemental Mysteries, Mageri Series, Roam Series…. what else? The first two have stand alones – one couple each – true PNR. The others follow the same couple.
Some are long, some aren’t. I’d honestly recommend first either Written in Red, Ilona Andrews’ Magic Bites or Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill. MichelleS mentioned Roam series, and that’s a high recommendation too.
MichelleS, which elemental series?
Thanks so much for all your help 🙂 just need to pick what one to start first now 😐
I should mention, they all depend on mood. Classic para with a twist? Ilona Andrews. Vampire sexy? Chicagoland. Deeper fantasy world with slow romance, Written in Red. Fun friendship with romance and adventure? Roam.
Just had a look at written in red and sounds right up my street!!! Soo I will start there, if I look into the other suggestion right now I’ll never be able to choose what to start first lol
Thanks ladies x
Tessa: Elemental Mysteries series by E, Hunter. Her Elemental World novels are spinoffs. A Hidden Fire is book one. They are bundled now. Slow start, but amazing after that.
AND how could I forget… Tairen Soul series. Best ever!
I just want to stop by & say thank you for being such a big hearted blogger and sharing everyone from indie to traditional! I love coming on here seeing my book shared along with my friends S. Moose & Kimberly Knight!! Made my week love!! <3 This is why I love & support your amazing blog.
Wow, I think I’ve tried a few times to read hidden fire. I’ll keep trying. I did read her Iron Chronicles, but only to book two? Which is odd, because it was an immediate remember book.
Anyone who got Kissed by a Muse trilogy for free, read Unchained Melody. If you didnt, Unchained Melody. It’s paranormal, but it takes half the book before that is even part of the story. The characters are what’s important and the love triangle breaks your heart.
Oh Em Gee ! I squirreled away from what I was reading and started Confess on my lunch hour. I can’t believe I have to go back work. How can I go back to work?
It’s my absolute pleasure Danielle!!! *hug* 😀
*Big Hugs* right back at you chick! Keeping rocking it bc this blog is by far my favorite <3
Cheryl, kinda late (sorry!) but you don’t have to reading Losing Hope before Finding Cinderella. Losing Hope is Hopeless from Holder’s POV and not necessary to read but still very good!
Lauren…Sweet Gum Tree is one of my favorites! That’s one I will always say should be read. 😉 By the way, what did you think of Missing Pieces? Oh man, that scene on the train and what he said…I wanted to rip the cords from his sack – yes, THAT sack – and choke him with them! Ugh!!
Fabi…Oh. Em. Gee. *giggle* Everyone needs to read Confess to get that inside book joke! Finishing it up tonight and then I have NO idea what I’ll start after it. *sigh* Love Colleen Hoover’s books. 😀
Sundered by Shannon Mayer is FREE
Blood and Snow 2 by RaShelle Workman is FREE
SEAL of my Heart by Sharon Hamilton is FREE
Ruthless People by JJ McAvoy is .99; Book 2 is 2.99
Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley is .99
Forged in Fire and Forged in Ash by Trish McCallan are 1.99
Outlaw: An Evil Dead MC Story by Nicole James is .99
Burning Desire by Heather Leigh is .99
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi is 5.93
You: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes is 1.99
Void by Cassy Roop is .99
All I Have Left by Shey Stahl is .99
Laird of the Wind by Susan King is .99
Once Upon a Kiss: A Medieval Romance by Tanya Anne Crosby is .99
By Blood by Tracy Banghart is .99; Moon Blood Prequel is FREE
The Emerald Quest Boxed Set by Annie Seaton is .99
I actually really enjoyed missing pieces Amy! Aha…YES!!! I had those exact same thoughts, had a feeling it was coming though. Sam made me feel ill (couldnt get that bogey scene out my head the whole way through) VOM!!! Reminded me of a boy from school who used to always try and kiss me with shot running into his mouth…ewww! Lol!
Oh I missed the PNR recs but those are all great ones and you picked a stellar one to start with Lauren!
Tessa, another one I was very intrigued by (we have similar tastes in pnr for sure). I also have the mermaid series by her that I haven’t read yet but it sounded different for when I’m in the mood. I was surprised when I saw that whole trilogy for free though.
Jean, forgot to ask if you finished CoS or gave up? Also MichelleS did Dead Heat turn out ok for ya?
Ok I got sidetracked from starting Confess yesterday but I’m on it now. Sounds like it starts with a bang so I’m braced!
Jean I couldn’t resist Isolated after splurging on Confess. I’m going to read it directly after Confess. Then, I may need to get back to book 3 in The Life of Anna since you said that was your favorite of the series.
Ok, I am absolutely MOURNING that I’m almost done with Hearts of Fire. 🙁
Lovin’ it! Not sure how I’ll move on? How? Please tell me how?
Pooooor Marina. How are you doing? Now you make me wanna read it even more…
A mermaid series by her? I’ll read it. The second book is kinda putting the pieces back together, but I don’t trust her not to rip my heart out again.
Thanks Amy, maybe that will be my next read after confess. 😉
Fabi, O.M.G.!!!! *wink*
OMG LAUREN!!! *gagging* That was so wrong, LOL!! Gah…my supper almost came back up… *covering mouth* Okay… *deep breath*
*retching* You’re awful in the most hilarious way, Lauren! 😛 *gag-cough*
Why isn’t anyone commenting on the art in this book? It is breathtaking!
Michelle, I should have stopped CoS….damn that book pissed me off! It was almost a DNF for me, but I had my predictions and wanted to see if I was right. Some were right, some I wished were right! I hated, hated the ending! Some people are raving about this book, I just didn’t get it. I was depressed after it and probably needed mental therapy! Alcohol helped with that! Lol!
Fabi, I did like Isolated. It was a little repetitive in the beginning, but there was a BIG reveal which IMO made reading the short novella so worth it. Poor Evan…. he’s so broken.
Jean I remember reading a book last year that left me feeling like CoS left you. A year later and I still think about it. It messed up my head as well as my heart. Other people loved it. I wish I’d never read it.
And wow, a big reveal in a novella? Can’t wait.
I’m at over 30% in Confess and have to admit the secrets are kind of annoying me. I’m ready for some reveals
Oh em gee. My heart aches right now. 😕
Fabi, hang in there…you’ll be getting some confessions soon. 😉
Almost finished the Deal. I like it a lot but not sure I love it like so many. Maybe not the best transition after Vis or just my mood. Still haven’t read the new CS Harris book and think that will be where I go next.
Sorry Amy…if I have that image in my head then I only think it’s fair I make sure everyone else who reads the book will now imagine the same LOL! *quietly giggling and patting myself on the back for being such a good book friend*
Fabi, what book did the same to you…. Just curious….
Jean, if I mention it I won’t be able to duck the rotten tomatoes fast enough. Everyone here loved it but it destroyed me and left me scarred.
Fabi, was it the one we all read as a group? I believe on Amy’s rec.
I feel like I was putting The Deal down with my last comment. If I graded it would be an A just not that extra plus. My favorite part is no insta love with them. That she shows us the friendship first. And definitely shows not tells.
Jean, I completely get it! It left me with such a bad feeling that I wished I would have never read it at all. I really do not understand some of the reviews…really NO CLUE.
On the other hand, I was left with a beautiful, quivering in your chest happy feeling at the end of Confess. The confession concept and artwork were genius! I loved the play on colors in certain parts. I loved the impact of some lines with their honest simplicity. I loved Owen for being just a good guy and not some alpha male jerk. I loved Auburn for all her bad choices and later her determination and selflessness. The feeling I was left with reminded me how I felt at the end of The Sea of Tranquility. Wonderful book!
Fabi, give us a hint!
Michelle, Sea of Tranquility feel?….oh no, my favorite! Now you’ve convinced me to break down a buy Confess!
Bev, I don’t remember if it was Amy’s rec. I remember many here read it at about the same time. It wasn’t The Tied Man if that’s the one you’re thinking of. Those kind of books turn my stomach but I seem to have a morbid fascination with them.
Awww Michelle. You already finished it. I think I managed to read 10% in the time it took you to read the whole book. Another glowing review for Confess. Cikkeen Hoover’s writing is magical. I can’t think of another author who can do what she does with a story.
wow just saw the horrible typo/auto correct of Colleen Hoover’s name above. By trying to make smart phones more user friendly they’ve made us look illiterate. 🙁
Haha Jean. Shoot, everyone is going to hate me again.
*psst Jean, it was Rainfall*
*running and ducking flying vegetables*
Fabi, knowing that, people can give you a heads up if something has that same feel. *hugs* No one wants you to feel icky after reading a book.
Oh Fabi, I didn’t love it either. Check out my comments on GR.
Jean, it totally did have that feeling and TSoT is one of my favs too so it really hit me in just the right place! I can’t believe how her books just seem to get better and better. The art and confessions in this one were just brilliant for me too.
Fabi, haha I couldn’t go to bed until I finished! All the secrets and small reveals just had me hooked! I agree, her writing is magical and unique. I love how it’s not pretentious at all and just straightforward and real. She’s writing for the reader and not just for herself if that makes sense.
I like dark reads but they have to be dark for a reason and not just for shock value. I had the icky feeling because it felt like it was dark with no redemptive value. I think of You by Caroline Kepnes that achieved what CoS attempted blending psychological thriller and romance with finesse and purpose.
Next I’m going with Seducing Destiny finally to change it up.
I’ve been so busy, I feel like I’m missing all the fun! Anyhoo… finished Confess. 4.5 stars for me too. I loved the Journey more than the destination (how corny is that?). I love her writing and the moments and the way I feel when I am reading it. The story was a bit too contrived for me… SORRY… just sayin. Her fabulous writing and the almost instant connection the the characters was worth it though. There weren’t any secondary characters to love – her roommate, I guess, but she wasn’t explored enough at all. And if I am going to hate someone, then I need some bad to happen to them. But overall, yes, agreed 4.5 stars. Not a re-read for me (that’s the 5.0 deal breaker).
I’m changing it up too, Michelle. Going old school for me. I started Paula Quinn’s “The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd”. OMG. So in love already just on chapter 4. This is exactly what I needed. Adventure. A wicked wicked hot pirate, the Highland lassie who is s tow-away on his ship – with a “saucy mouth” and a virgin…. YES… don’t laugh people. I used to devour this stuff. And you know what? When done right, it is so freaking awesome. And I love love love Paula Quinn, so this is fabulous. And did I mention the heat? I was having an hour long message this morning and kept thinking, when can I get back to my book? So you know I’ve got THAt feeling. And I needed that. A total escape. Will report back, Bev – you may be the only taker….
What is CoS?
Fabi – I am going for Life of Anna 3 next too (or soon anyway) – train wreck I can’t get away from….
Michelle – Dead heat is a “work in progress” for me… have about an hour left – I can do this! Not loving it….. sadly…..
Contradiction of Solitude…. it came out last week I think.
Wait, wait, wait…do some of you feel like you have to hold back on your comments if you don’t love or even like a book when the majority of the ladies here *do* love it? That’s not good. 🙁 Did someone make a comment here to bring that feel on? ‘Cause just say the word and I’ll steal their Kindles. *rubs hands together*
Oh sh!t…did *I* say something to make anyone feel that way?? I’m gonna feel just awful if I did…
Omg MichelleS I’ve been craving an old school historical romance. TWWoAK sounds perfect. I love the ship ones because of the close quarters, there is no getting away. And the logistics of command which puts the heroine at an even bigger disadvantage. Oh man, I gotta read that one next after Confess and Isolated. Then I’ll go back to LoA. I have to travel again starting this Saturday so I’ll have some forced reading time. :-). I just love this group and all the great recommendations.
Plus, you’re all so AWESOME.
Lol Amy! I don’t want anyone to hold back and I won’t either! This helps us all make better decisions about what to read, and we obviously won’t always have the same opinion which is just natural! Amy, you may have said something in the past, but what else is new?!? Haha! Just kidding….we’d be lost without your comments around here!
Noooo, Amy, not at all. This is the best, most supportive group EVER. Maryse has created a spectular place for book lovers to share.
That book is just my own personal hang up. *me=weird* I admit it. Lol
Awww Fabi, love you guys and this group too! You are all great and I know I’d be lost without Maryse’s input, past reviews, recommendations, etc.
And I have to agree about TWWoAK (that’s a long one). I want to read it! Did you guys read Enslaved by the Ocean by Bella Jewel? So good!
I haven’t read that one but I love Bella Jewel. *ahhhh runs screaming from Kindle* I just created a brand new Reading Next category yesterday and it’s already filling up out of control.
TWWoAK sounds like Johanna Lindsey’s Gentle Rogue. *takes a second to swoon over James Mallory* That alone has me interested. 🙂
I admit, now I have to read Rainfall, but I need happy too much to read it or give it a try. Too many sad or off books in a row. *sighs*
Tessa! I’m stealing your words. “I need happy”. They’re mine now. *hehehe evil laughter* but too true, the only thing I handle well outside of happy is action.
PS most people will tell you Rainfall has an HEA
Johanna Lindsey — I am about to swoon over so many of my old favorite authors
Roberta Gellis and Bertrice Small (RIP) were my first author crushes.
Lol Fabi! And that category will just comtinue to fill up! Good luck with that! I just keep adding to my TBR category. I’ve been really good this week. Haven’t bought anything and lowered my # from 597 to 593! Woohoo!!
*jealous face at Jean*
Jealous? I am pathetic! I have no control!
Lol that’s what my bank account says after this week’s book buying spree. While my 600+ tbr laughs uproariously. Oh, and the expensive ones still to be released this month for me. Ugh
MichelleS grrr it’s book 2! I just can’t pick up a series on book 2 even if they read as stand alones
You make me feel better Fsbi! There are way to many new releases this month, especially on March 31st!
New Job Openings!
Fabi is looking for
1. A highly organized person with the patience of a saint to organize and sort her Kindle books.
2. A highly trained psychic who can help read books and transfer them to boss’s memory.
Competitive pay but no benefits offered. 😉
Absolutely not Amy! People should feel free to express their opinions here, afterall they are just opinions! I love reading comments from others and it really does help me find new reads. Just like I went and looked up the sexy pirate book MichelleS just mentioned and yum it’s on my list now 😀 Oh and I already had the Bella Jewel one on my wishlist but now I remember it and think why haven’t I read that yet and moved it up.
I also want to say just because I read a less than stellar review on here and the book still interests me, I usually still read it and form my own opinion. Also the other way around happens too, everyone gushes over it and I’m left with the meh feeling. I have two examples that come to mind right away that I didn’t have the reaction it seemed everyone else did – How to Kill a Rockstar and Deeper were just ok for me and I would never read them again but everyone else went crazy bonkers over them! There, opinion expressed and hopefully no garbage pelts me 😉 What are some examples for you all in the spirit of full disclosure…or talking a note from Mrs. Hoover, confession time!
Glad I could help Jean *walks away grumbling* 😉 kidding
as we all like to say, too many books is a good problem to have
Oh Michelle! Deeper was a dnf for me. But for the life of me I can’t remember why.
My expectations were high for How to Kill a Rock Star so I was a little disappointed when I finally read it! And Maryse will kill me for this one, but I didn’t love Motorcycle Man. Loved Tack, yeah, but that whiney bitch Tyra… wanted to kill her especially if she said “pardon”one more time! OK, I confessed, I feel better!
LOL Jean. I *gasped* and *snorted* at the same time with your book comments… ahhhh well. You win some, you lose some. 😉 *hug*
Oh and I loved Deeper, but not Harder…..(shhh Amy, no comments, there’s no other way I could have stated that)!
Michelle, our taste really do match (almost). Both Deeper and How to Kill a Rock star were DNFs for me. Deeper was boring for me and HtKaR was predictable.
I say almost because I adored the book that shall not be named and Dead Heat. Though, next Alpha and Omega book should take place at home just to experience their home world more.
I absolutely feel that we are a very supportive bunch and that’s why when someone likes or dislike a book, it helps me decide on whether I want to read it.
Fabi I agree the artwork is phenonmenal. I had to look up who the artist is. I was going to pout if Colleen Hoover is an artist too. *snicker*
Loving the book so far, I’m at about 40% and know some confessions and have a idea about others, we’ll see…
Cheryl, I’m at 38%. 🙂 I’d say I’d race you but I’m the turtle. lol I do think I figured out the big one a while back.
Fabi – do NOT let that whole book 2 thing stop you…. with Paula Quinn you get single, wonderful romance novels full of adventure and great heroines and just plain good writing. The series thing is misleading because it really just means it’s a formula and the characters are related (cousins, uncles, whatever). You do NOT have to read them in order. If you do, great, if not, you’d never know it or miss it.
Having said that…. yipee…. I am loving this swashbuckling pirate. He’s so bad! And she is so feisty. This is just fun. And sometimes I need fun. (kind of reminds me of Kresley Cole’s Captain of all Pleasures, remember that one? adventure from page one? – that feel).
Anyway – didn’t want you to miss out on the sexy pirate, Fabi! If you’re in a mood for that 1800’s adventure romance.
Fabi, I think I have that one figured out too. Couple good clues.
I haven’t been able to get as much time reading lately either, so the race is on!! 😉
I just snorted at work *covers face* with the no comments Amy couldn’t have stated it any other way HA!
Tessa, you agree on both! I haven’t found anyone who does for both of them. Nope I loved Dead Heat even if it wasn’t my favorite in the series, MichelleS is the one not loving it. The Voldemort book I almost had forgot about and you bring up again! Ugh repress it, shove it back into the black box of my mind…
Burned, Burned, Burned, Burned! *runs off, giggling maniacally*
*gasp* ^^^ Tessa said it !
MichelleS, I just added it to my Read Next list. It’s going to be the perfect change of pace. Thanks!
Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhh *covers face*
Aw come on Jean!! Your comment is just asking to be elaborated on!!! *bites pillow*
“PS most people will tell you Rainfall has an HEA” <——- *snicker* But…but… *bites pillow again*
Nanny nanny boo boo…Tessa's gonna get it now!! 😛
RAINFALL IS AWESOME.
Just sayin’ 😉
Er… biting pillows, are we? *snort* 😛
Amy, seriously, have you discussed these “aches” and “pillow biting” tendencies with your husband? You know, the 200 lb, tattooed, hunky hubby that makes tweens scream? ‘Cause, well…he might be able to help. 😉
Bwahahahahah!!!!!! *snort giggle*
*hugs* to all of you! You all make me laugh everyday!
“but that whiney bitch Tyra… wanted to kill her especially if she said “pardon”one more time! OK, I confessed, I feel better!”… LOL Jean…
Mine was “Sweet Thing” – it was a 5 star gusher for Maryse – and it was just a “meh” for me. All her other 5 stars I agree with, so I don’t know what happened there.
That’s my confession.
Are you all drinking today? This thread is cracking me up. With all the snorting, and gasping, aching, and pillow biting; confessions, apologies, and hugs all around…. and who brought up Amy’s hunky husband again? Swoon!
Speaking of hunks…. Alexandre the pirate is doing it for me. Definitely. I must have been in the mood for this style of romance. I highlighted a bunch of lines I was going to share, but thought better of it. You guys can imagine!
I have to get back to the story. Her daddy and uncle (the Chieftain of the clan) are not happy about her “abduction” (they don’t know she stowed away) and they are coming after him! GASP! And, of course, they just landed in Portugal and the local ladies are all over him like bees on honey and she is not happy! SNORT. Remember loving this stuff?
FABI!! 😯 LOL!!!!!
*covers face and blushes*
I would say I’m not biting pillows in *that* way, Maryse, but these ladies might say I’m protesting too much! *hmph*
And don’t think I missed what you said about me up there, Jean!! 😛 Y’all are something else today…love you guys bunches! 😀
Wow! I am loving ‘Written in red’ so much. So different from other PNR I’ve read. Thanks for the rec, nearly finished with book 1 and definitely be started the 2nd once I’m done. How did I not know about this series before?
*perks up* Ooh ooh ooh…is Marina reading something that’s making her upset? What is it? What is it?!?
Okay, last comment and then I’m off to make supper…I loved Confess! 😀 Not really angsty but emotional and real and just so heartfelt. *sigh* That painting…oh Adam…
Tessa, Fabi, Michelle, you all are killing me with your thoughts on Deeper. No I find it interesting that we can have such similar taste about some and others not so much.
Ok, so you know how Deeper& Harder seemed like kind of funny titles. There are two other books by a different author with the same titles.
Maryse are you seeing all the new love for WIR? Ok, last time I nudge.
Ohhh, I have to stop reading the comments and finish reading Confess!!
Ha! Bev. So maybe I read the wrong author. Lol
Come on Cheryl, I’m at 42%…
Okay I have to ask *sigh* agaaaaaiiiinnnnn….
What is CoS?
*giggle* I suck at acronyms you guys!!
bev… ACRONYMS WOMAN!!!!!!
What is WIR?!!
Oh. Wait. Written in Red. YAY!!!! I GOT ONE!! 😛
Point of Return by Stacey Lynn is FREE
Fierce Dawn by Amber Scott is FREE
Expiration Date by Kelley Armstrong is FREE
Heat by KT Fisher is FREE
In This Life by Terri Herman-Ponce is FREE
Recon by Tarah Benner is FREE (scifi)
Clear: A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Park is 1.99
Surviving Us by Erin Noelle is .99
The Broken Parts of Us by Ker Dukey is .99; The Beats in Rift is .99
In Your Corner (Redemption Book 2) by Sarah Castille is 1.99
Irin Chronicles Book 1 by Elizabeth Hunter is .99; Book 2 is 2.99
By a Thread (By a Thread Series Book 1) by RL Griffin is .99
The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen is .99; Shattered Promises Series Books 1-3 is .99 (anyone read these?)
Benevolent by Leddy Harper is .99
Octavian’s Undoing, Forever His Baby, Bye-Bye Baby by A Phoenix are .99
The Blood of Angels: Divine Vampires by Selena Kitt is .99
Here (YA Romance) by Ella James is .99
Contractual by Alice Montalvo-Tribue is .99
World Apart Boxed Set by Nicola Marsh is .99
The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd by Paula Quinn is 1.99
Yey Lauren another WiR fan! Bev, maybe if we nudge errr push Maryse together she will get into the courtyard! Hehe I used another acronym but you all have that one figured out by now right?! CoS is Contradiction of Solitude.
ahhhhhh *phew* relief at last!
But, but… We’ve been trying how many years to get Maryse to read Fallen Crest? You think it might work with Written in Red? She’s kind of stubborn on the whole read what we tell you thing.
Michelle, maybe like Sam, Maryse needs an adventure buddy.
Ha, Fabi. That would be funny. I just thought it was interesting. These other ones are about life guards, I think, so slightly different. Maybe the titles refer to swimming and diving.
I liked in ViS how the humans pointed out the Others way of addressing them. Our Meg or the Lizzie and the Boo Bear. Curious as to what makes some one a “the” and loved how they always put “the” in front of Boo Bear.
I’m not sure how, but reading about the “Scritch” may be better than a kiss.
My brand spanking new category…created yesterday…for the sole purpose of adding only one or two of my very NEXT reads…24 hours later…has 22 books in it! How, just please tell me how, I am supposed to read “22 books” NEXT?
*looks at her “next” category of 33 books* When you find out, tell me, yeah?
I think “the” is anything that becomes important or significant. It’s sweet, though.
…and THAT’S why I love you ladies so much. Whenever I’m feeling a little insane, all I have to do is shout out, and here you are, showing me OUR “normal” *hugz*
Fabi and Tessa, I feel your pain, 36 books. Although, maybe before reading my next book, I should go thru my tbr next category and re-think some I put in it.
Fabi, 60% :>
Oohh I heard 60% is angsty. Not there yet but I’m getting in bed to read in peace for a while. 🙂
I’m reading one of those 33, Jay McLean’s More Than Her. It’s the perfect happy. Even the slightly angsty part have me grinning just because Logan is that funny. Also, Amanda’s first POV rant was hilarious.
I just got to 60% and I dont really want to read anymore. She is coming across as weak and stupid. Exactly the kind of heroine I hate reading about.
Fabi, I think you have to get in her mindset of being “stuck” because of her “situation.” That’s what I’m trying to think about, since I prefer the more confident and bada$$ heroine too. The H isn’t much better with his bad choices either! 😉
Cheryl, her mindset in being stuck would be more believable if the story was set in the 1800s or even 1900s but it just doesn’t work in present day. And I agree that his defeatest attitude isn’t much better. This is one of those stories that I have to keep reading because of the rave reviews here. I know if I stick with it it will end up a 4 or 5 star read. But on my own, I would have dnf at 60% because the characters seem weak to me and the premise is unrealistic.
Their bad choices make it realistic and if you put yourself in that position, she is just doing it for her son. Give her a bit more time Fabi, she will get there. I think growth on the pages of a book is more exciting then a strong character that’s stagnant as well.
Fabi – for me it was like going to Disneyworld, then Disneyland. C. Hoover is fabulous no matter what (Slammed = Disneyworld). But the build up hearing her name means you think you get DW every time, and, sometimes, you just get Disneyland! Still great, but not OMG great. And… the rides and sights are good! ha! I liked the writing and the moments, but I agree, the actual story and characters didn’t rock my world. The story was just such an outline on paper that had to be followed. I didn’t FEEL it. Still love her writing and will always buy her books!!!
BTW, finished The Wicked ways of Alexander Kidd. Loved it. Exactly what I needed to clean my palate. Total formula book for historical romance, but, you know sometimes that’s just what the doctor ordered. I had too many that were dark or complicated or angsty on my TBR.
So my favorite little part? Remeber how “V” always says “true?” at the end of everything in BDB? Well, Alexander says “savvy?” at the end of a bunch of his alpha talk…. and swoony ole’ me just ate it up!
And Fabi – this heroine is not a wishy-washy girl – the total opposite. Maybe that’s why I loved it – after reading Confess, which you have to admit has a wishy washy heroine, I needed a stubborn wench who slaps pirates when they get too handsy!! HA!
I’m at 80% so I’ll finish it. But I’m only finishing it because I have to be able to say I read a book that all of you loved. It just isn’t my kind of story. 🙁 sorry to say that
MichelleS, that’s my next read. It’s exactly what I need right now. It was cinched before your mention of V, but since I’m in the middle of listening about him right now, it just made the connection to my next read all the stronger. There is a lot of s**t that happened in Payne’s story. While her story is slightly forgettable, the rest of what goes on in that book is explosive.
Finished Confess. I liked it, didn’t love it. I agree Fabi, I did want to yell at the h many times to grow a backbone, BUT the story was a journey in which she was alone and didn’t have anyone to support her, (I mean confidence-wise not financially) to the realization that was best said by Owen, “sometimes in order to save a relationship, you have to sacrifice it first.” Also, I did not like how the story ended. 🙂
Now what to read next…
Okay, I think The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd is next for me! Sounds like just the change I need!
Ha well I guess I like ‘disneyland’ 😉 I think I liked it for the exact opposite reasons you all are saying. I get sick of the strong heroine and hero all the time and think that’s unrealsitic. I also didn’t think the story was too ‘packaged’ and enjoyed like Mayse said in her review when a story comes full circle so the ending was lovely for me. Now I’m reading the latest fae chronicles and Ryder is so alpha sometimes that I want to throttle him!
haha Michelle, I find Ryder to be a bit overly alpha. Too much of a good thing? lol I don’t know, but I also have a problem with him in many parts of the books.
Yeaaa Jean, we’re going to read that one together. I’m not quite done with Confession but I will be shortly. I should be able to start TWWoAK tonight. Flying out tomorrow for a conference, so lots of reading time at the airport and plane. 🙂
Anything But Sweet by Candis Terry is FREE
Brawler by Tracey Ward is FREE
Bound to You by Vanessa Booke is FREE
Trinity by Kylie Price is FREE
Rivulet by Jamie Magee is FREE
A Sense of Duty by Ava Armstrong is FREE
A Lonely Magic by Sarah Wynde is FREE
My Steadfast Heart by Jo Goodman is FREE
Mangled Hearts by Felicia Tatum is FREE
He’s the Man: The Alexanders Book 3 by M Malone is .99
Beautiful Monster 2 by Bella Jewel is 1.99
Conjuring Darkness by Melanie James is .99
Slow Burn (Lost Kings MC Book 1) by Autumn Jones Lake is .99
All for You (A Coming Home Novel Book 4) by Jessica Scott is .99
Deception by KA Robinson is .99
Just To Be With You (The Sullivans Book 12) by Bella Andre is .99
Remember When by T Torrest is .99
Noah (The Nightwalkers Book 5) by Jacquelyn Frank is 1.99
Wolf Brides Books 1 & 2 by TS Joyce are .99
The Danaan Trilogy Books 2 & 3 by Laura Howard are .99
The Legend of Zero Books 2 & 3 by Sara King are .99 (scifi)
The Holdout by Laurel Osterkamp is .99
Let Me Love and Don’t Let Go by Michelle Lynn are .99
Seduced by Power by Karpov Kinrade is .99
Lies of Omission by Taryn Plendl is .99