Okay I think it’s ready, AND OMG is THIS LIST AWESOME!!
Some heavy hitters are thrilling many, like J.R. Ward’s latest bad-ass BDB book (The Shadows – and she says she’s already posted a spoiler forum to help “explain” something… eeeeeep!! What does that mean?!), Kylie Scott’s latest rock star book Deep (one night stand and she’s pregnant *gasp*!!! FUN!!!!) Karina Halle’s latest super-angsty romance, Where Sea Meets Sky and Kele Moon’s latest bad boy MMA fighter The Slayer!! <— P.S. all of these authors listed above are amongst my absolute FAVORITE authors in the world!!! Every book they have written so far have rocked our worlds!!! MINE!!) 😀
And aside from the obvious “heavy-hitters” today, here are a few more with blurbs that are tickling my fancy: Savage Chains (vampire club sex ring and he’s going to buy her… to save her), The Trouble with Tomboys (another one-nighter pregnancy whoops!), Before I Go (the blurb already wants to make me cry), Girl Underwater (5 plane crash survivors stuck in the Colorado rockies…) and The One That Got Away (sounds in the realm of Taylor Jenkins Reid’s books and I LOVE HER!). Oh!! And Blushing (she’s engaged to a famous actor but they have to keep it a secret and it’s driving her crazy, especially due to his gorgeous co-star…) YES!!! And I noted a bunch more, below. 😀
ALSO check out yesterday’s post for the early book releases. —> 7 early bird book releases & 7 highly anticipated pre-orders going live tomorrow!
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Shadows: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
- Fall with Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- The Unleashing: Call of Crows, Book 1 by Shelley Laurenston
- Deep: A Stage Dive Novel by Kylie Scott
- Hardwired by Meredith Wild
- Hardpressed by Meredith Wild
- Hardline by Meredith Wild
- Suzanna’s Surrender: A Selection From The Calhoun Women: Suzanna & Megan: The Calhoun Women, Book 4 by Nora Roberts
- Megan’s Mate: A Selection From The Calhoun Women: Suzanna & Megan: The Calhoun Women, Book 5 by Nora Roberts
- Total Surrender by Rebecca Zanetti
- Four Nights with the Duke by Eloisa James
- When It’s Right: Montana Men, Book 2 by Jennifer Ryan
- Holding Strong by Lori Foster <— MMA FIGHTER!
- Night’s Blaze: Dark Kings, Book 5 by Donna Grant
- The Dead Play On: Cafferty and Quinn, Book 3 by Heather Graham
- A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev <— bev found us this one, saying: “Maryse, The Bollywood Affair is on sale right now It seemed like last year it & The Hook up were the two I saw buzzed about everywhere. Warning it may make you hungry. It is usually like $9.”
- Sail (The Wake Series Book 2) by M. Mabie <— recent release!
- Baiting the Maid of Honor (Entangled Brazen) (Wedding Dare series) by Tessa Bailey <— super-bargain priced today!
- Slope of Love (Love in Bloom: The Remingtons, Book 4) by Melissa Foster <— super bargain priced!! “Olympic gold medalist skiers Jayla Stone and Rush Remington have been best friends for years. They’ve seen each other at their best and worst and have kept each other’s secrets without fail. Only there’s one secret Rush has kept close to his chest…“
- Last Will and Testament (Radleigh University Book 1) by Dahlia Adler <— super bargain priced today. Her parents die and she gets custody of her little brothers… “To keep them out of foster care, she’ll have to fix up her image, her life, and her GPA—fast. Too bad the only person on campus she can go to for help is her humorless, pedantic Byzantine History TA, Connor Lawson, who isn’t exactly Lizzie’s biggest fan…“
- Before I Go by Colleen Oakley <— THIS ONE WANTS TO TEAR MY HEART OUT ALERT! Bargain priced too! She’s dying and… “She’s terrified of what will happen to her brilliant but otherwise charmingly helpless husband when she’s no longer there to take care of him. It’s this fear that keeps her up at night, until she stumbles on the solution: she has to find him another wife…“
- Sleepers, Awake by Eden Barber <— WHOA! What’s this one about… her best friend that she’s been in love with dies… and “Agnes undergoes an arduous physical and spiritual journey to unearth her past and untangle her future. She walks in two worlds, the waking and the dreaming, each world filled with secrets, mysteries, and maybe, if she believes enough, miracles…“
- Blushing (Entangled Embrace) (The Brightside) by Katie Delahanty <— SHE’S ENGAGED TO A FAMOUS ACTOR AND THEY HAVE TO KEEP IT SECRET ALERT! <— OMG this one sounds AWESOME!! “…he’s starring in a movie with his gorgeous ex, Christina Carlton. And what’s more? I’ve been erased from the public eye. All anyone can talk about these days is #Berkstina. To be together, Berkeley asked me to work on set as a costume designer–a dream come true–but there’s a catch: we have to keep our relationship secret. I’m okay with not being photographed, but the sneaking around, the lies, his love scenes; it’s not how I imagined our engagement.“
- The Shadows (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 13) by J.R. Ward <— GAH!!! GOING LIVE TOMORROW!! *thud* OH!!! And look what the author posted. Now I’m REALLY nervous. Eeeeeep!! J.R. Ward says:
- “So I’m thinking about doing a spoilers blog post about The Shadows and where I was coming from when I wrote it. Not until the book releases on Tuesday… but I think it might explain some things? Not sure.”
- Instinct (Chronicles of Nick) by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— GOING LIVE TOMORROW!! I LOVED Nick in the adult “Dark-Hunters” series, and this one’s pretty darn cool too.
- The Skull Throne (The Demon Cycle Series Book 4) by Peter V. Brett
- The Unleashing (Call Of Crows Book 1) by Shelly Laurenston <— SOUNDS GOOD! “Kera Watson never expected to face death behind a Los Angeles coffee shop. Not after surviving two tours lugging an M16 around the Middle East. If it wasn’t for her hot Viking customer showing up too late to help, nobody would even see her die…“
- Sea of Stars (The Kricket Series Book 2) by Amy A. Bartol
- Undeniably Chosen: A Significance Novel by Shelly Crane
- Hard as a Rock (Gargoyles Series Book 3) by Christine Warren
- Deception (Vampires in America: The Vampire Wars Book 9) by D.B. Reynolds
- Separation Zone (Immortal Ops Book 7) by Mandy M. Roth
- Spark X (Death Collectors, #3) by Jessica Sorensen
- Darkness Eternal (Guardians of Eternity) by Alexandra Ivy
- Moon Pack Rules: Her Werewolf Bodyguard (Complete Novel): A Wolf Shifter Paranormal Romance by Michele Bardsley
- Night’s Blaze (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Deceiving Destiny (The Bleeding Heart Series Book 2) by Nadege Richards
- Savage Chains by Caris Roane <— VAMPIRE SEX SLAVE RING! “Her name is Angelica. Her beauty is incomparable; her body, for sale. She is the prize attraction in a human slave auction, and Reyes is prepared to pay any price to buy her–then free her.“
- Holocaust (The Deadwood Hunter Series Book 3) by Rachel M Raithby
- Call of the Highlands ( Highland Wolves II ) by Mandy Monroe
- Freaks Under Fire by Maree Anderson
- The Slayer (Chronicles of the Fallen) by Brenda Huber
- Cursed by Ice: The Immortal Brothers by Jacquelyn Frank
- Total Surrender (Sin Brothers) by Rebecca Zanetti
- Deep (Stage Dive Series Book 4) by Kylie Scott <— *squeeee!!* I LOVE ALL HER BOOKS & ROCK STAR BAD BOY ALERT!!! Here’s a little excerpt that she posted on her Facebook page… it’s *snort*-worthy. AND OMG THIS BLURB!??? Imagine a one night with a rock star and then… “Positive. With two little lines on a pregnancy test, everything in Lizzy Rollins’ ordinary life is about to change forever. And all because of one big mistake in Vegas with Ben Nicholson, the irresistibly sexy bass player for Stage Dive.” *gasp!!!*
- Where Sea Meets Sky: A Novel by Karina Halle <— ANGSTY ROMANCE ALERT! “…Working dead-end jobs and living at home has left him exhausted and uninspired, with little energy to pursue his passion for graphic art. Until he meets Gemma Henare, a vivacious out-of-towner from New Zealand. What begins as a one-night stand soon becomes a turning point…“ And check out a look behind the book —> Karina Halle gives us a “behind the book” look at the inspiration behind “Where Sea Meets Sky”
- The Slayer by Kele Moon <— *squeeee!!* I LOVE ALL HER BOOKS & MMA BAD BOY ALERT!!! And here’s the latest in her MMA bad boys… OMG it sounds sooooooo good!! He’s the sh!t right now, but he comes from a past of gangs… and stuff is happening now but… “To Chuito the apartment was a self-imposed prison for a lifetime of sins. To Alaine, the girl next door, it was salvation from her overbearing, religious father. He was a devil. She was an angel.” Here is the series reading order AND my reviews.
- Nobody’s Dream (Rescue Me Saga #6) by Kalypso Masters <— BDSM-MILITARY MEN FANS! HOLY MOLY over 700 pages!!!!
- Fall With Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— BEST FRIENDS ALERT!! “She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened…”
- No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs Book 1) by J.S. Scott
- Vacant: (An Empathy Novella) by Ker Dukey <— DARK READ NOVELLA ALERT!
- The Millionaire’s Forever (Entangled Indulgence) (Men of the Zodiac) by Sonya Weiss
- SEAL My Home: Bad Boys of SEAL Team 3, Book 2 (SEAL Brotherhood 9) by Sharon Hamilton
- Crave: A MacKenzie Security Novel (MacKenzie Family Book 11) by Liliana Hart
- Love After All (A Hope Novel) by Jaci Burton <— HOT BARTENDER ALERT!
- Destined for Power: Women of Power #4 by Kathleen Brooks
- The Closer You Come (Original Heartbreakers) by Gena Showalter <— HE JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON ALERT! “Brook Lynn Dillon has always been responsible. Not that it’s done her much good. The down-on-her-luck waitress is broke, single and fun-deprived. Until Jase comes along. He is dangerous, sexy and tempting as sin…“
- Buried Secrets (Men of Valor Book #1): A Novel by Irene Hannon
- Just a Little Flirt by Renita Pizzitola <— A BET TO NOT BE WITH ANYONE FROM WORK ALERT! But… “Not only is Cade Ryan the hottest guy Fallon has ever laid eyes on, he’s a therapy dog handler who volunteers his time to visit kids at the hospital. So when he starts pursuing her, Fallon can’t believe her bad timing. The thing is, Cade is different. He’s not like the college guys who see her as a one-night stand…”
- Captive Films 2.2 by Jillian Dodd
- The One That Got Away: A Novel by <— HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY ONE OF MY FAV AUTHORS ALERT!! Taylor Jenkins Reid herself recommended this one, and after I read the blurb… it sounds right up her (and MY!!) alley!!!! Marriage issues and all the rest… pure angsty-sounding love!
- Return To Me (Pride Series Romance Novels Book 8) by Jill Sanders
- Kiss and Make Up (Entangled Brazen) by Serenity Woods <— MOVIE SET ALERT! Make up artist and the stunt man…
- Cover of Darkness by Kaylea Cross
- His Dakota Heart: a western romance (Dakota Hearts Book 7) by Lisa Mondello <— HER SISTER’S COWBOY ALERT!
- Redeeming Kyle: 69 Bottles #3 by Zoey Derrick <— M/M ROMANCE!
- Edge of Forever (When You’re Gone Book 3) by Taryn Elliott
- The light house: A love story by Jason Luke
- BOSS (Chianti Kisses series Book 2) by Tara Oakes
- The Trouble with Tomboys by Linda Kage <— OOPS! ACCIDENTAL PREGNANCY CHAOS ALERT! She’s a pilot and he’s an oil heir that lost his wife and baby… “Grady hires B.J.’s plane service to fly him to Houston for an overnight business trip. While there, she coaxes him into accompanying her to a late dinner, where she decides it’s time for him to move on with his life. A month later, she turns up pregnant with his baby, and neither of them is prepared for the chaos that follows.“
- Closer (Loose Ends Book 2) by Kaia Bennett
- Broken: LOST Series #1 by Cynthia Eden <— AMNESIA BUT IN DANGER ALERT! “When Eve awoke in an Atlanta hospital, her past was a blank slate. Then she recognized her own face in the newspaper and vowed to learn the truth. Determined to confront the nightmares hidden in her mind, she never expects to find a partner in Gabe…“
- Texas Bossa Nova (Texas Montgomery Mavericks Book 5) by Cynthia D’Alba
- Driving Heat (The Blue-Collar Lover Series Book 1) by Zuri Day
- Traded (The Wilde Brothers Book 7) by Lorhainne Eckhart <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! And she steps into his heartbreak… sounds like it could be so good, but it’s a novella length. “Chris Jeger, a legal assistant and part-time cheerleader for the Cardinals, has been waiting for true love. When she overhears Jake Wilde making a personal plea to some woman on the phone, she can see he’s heading down the road to disaster. Instead of walking away, she steps in to offer him advice so he doesn’t turn his life upside down the same way she once did. Their friendship develops, and one night their emotions collide–but when someone unexpected suddenly knocks on his door, Jake learns that sometimes, what you wish for isn’t what you really want.”
- Chasing Ava: A Bachelor of Shell Cove Novel (The Bachelors of Shell Cove) by Siera London
- What the Lightning Sees by Louise Bay
- From the Start (Walker Family Book #1) by Melissa Tagg
- Storm Warned (The Grim Series) by Dani Harper
- Forsaken (The Found Book 2) by Caitlyn O’Leary
- The Outlandish Companion (Revised and Updated): Companion to Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, and Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon <— “…this beautifully illustrated compendium of all things Outlandish, Gabaldon covers the first four novels of the main series…“
- Comforting Touch (Touch Series Book 5) by Cara Dee <— DOM/sub ALERT! “…He’s grown jaded and cynical over the years, and he’s resigned himself to be alone. Even when he sees a ghost from his past. Even when that ghost is the very same girl who changed everything for him a decade ago. But can he stay away when she shows up at his play party with another Dom?“
- The Legacy (The Restoration Series Book #4): A Novel by Dan Walsh
- Fallen Idol (Love and Music in Texas Book 4) by Nikki Lynn Barrett
- No Perfect Princess (Secrets of Stone Book 3) by Angel Payne
- Girl Underwater by Claire Kells <— PLANE CRASH SURVIVORS ALERT!! She’s on the swim team in University… “Avery’s red-eye home for Thanksgiving makes a ditch landing in a mountain lake in the Colorado Rockies. She is one of only five survivors, which includes three little boys and Colin Shea, who happens to be her teammate. Colin is also the only person in Avery’s college life who challenged her to swim her own events, to be her own person—something she refused to do. Instead she’s avoided him since the first day of freshman year. But now, faced with sub-zero temperatures, minimal supplies, and the dangers of a forbidding nowhere, Avery and Colin must rely on each other in ways they never could’ve imagined.“
- When It’s Right: A Montana Men Novel by Jennifer Ryan
- Fevered Hearts by Em Petrova
- Retribution (The Lone Riders MC Series Book 2) by Michelle Betham
- Crashing Tides by Casey Peeler <— “You can predict the tides but not the changes they make. Gunnison Del Valle was the current in the tide that was about to change my life…“
- Together With You by Victoria Bylin <— NANNY ALERT! “When a Lost Child warning blares over the mall’s PA system, Carly Mason finds the little girl playing with a stuffed rabbit. Something about Penny Tremaine is different. An ex-social worker, Carly recognizes that the child suffers fetal alcohol effects, and a piece of Carly’s past suddenly confronts her. Never again will she become personally involved with a client. The risks are far too great. But something about Penny–and Penny’s handsome father–tugs at Carly’s heart…”
- Tempting His Heart (Serenity Springs Book 1) by Dawn Sullivan <— DANGER ALERT! Stalker ex?… “She has finally crawled out of the hell her life used to be and moved on, even if it did take several years. Purchasing a bookstore in the small town of Serenity Springs, Texas is a dream come true for her. Meeting her best friend’s brother, a man she had heard so much about, was an added bonus…“
- Caly’s Game by Trinity
- The Last Execution by Jerrie Alexander
- Destined for A Dirt Road (Dirt Road Summer Book 2) by Ashley Johnson
- Temporary Fiancée by Judy Rogers
- Exotic Racing Crusader (Exotic Racers Book 1) by JORDANA mia LEZAMY
- Mr. Right-Now by Paige Tyler
- Ruby Ink (Clairmont Series Novel Book 1) by L.J. Wilson
- Desires Unleashed by Miles Hightower <— “Mitch and Molly have a happy marriage, but they are wanting something more…“
- Force of Attraction (A K-9 Rescue Novel Book 2) by D. D. Ayres <— She’s a K-9 police officer and her ex husband is her DEA agent!! “A seasoned K-9 officer with the police in Maryland, Cole Jamison has left her old life behind her. With a new home and a new partner–a protective canine named Hugo–Cole is ready for fresh challenges. A crucial position on an important drug task force is exactly what she wants…until she discovers her gorgeous, infuriating ex-husband will be the DEA agent in charge…“
- The Shore by S.E. Brown <— SHE’S ON VACATION and he helps her from being stranded on the side of the road…
- Under His Skin by Emeline Piaget
- Between Now & Never by Laura Johnston
- Nobody’s Angel (A Willow Park Romance)by Sarah Hegger
- Finding Mr. Just Right (Once Upon A Romance Series, Book 7) by Laurie LeClair
- Falling Stars (Starstruck Series Book 2) by Krys Janae
- Least Likely to Fall in Love by Cheryl Harper
- Charlotte’s Secret by Marc Nobbs <— THREE PEOPLE/THREE SECRETS ALERT!! Hrmmm… it’s a short one but sounds like it could be good… “Trapped in a loveless marriage thanks to one drunken night of passion and his misplaced sense of doing the right thing by his unborn son, David now keeps a secret that could not only break him free, but ensure he gets the one thing his heart desires most. Susie loves her son and she’ll do whatever it takes to provide the very best for him—even if that means marrying a man she doesn’t love. But Susie is keeping a secret that could mean neither she, nor her son, will never want for anything again. Her successful lingerie store carries her name, but Charlotte’s really is the biggest secret of all. A secret as terrible as it is wonderful. A secret that could tear her family apart and hurt the ones she loves the most…“
- Cinderella Blue (A Romantic Comedy) (San Antone Two-Step Book 2) by Joan Reeves
- Travis (Fallen Angel Book 6) by Tracie Podger
- Bold: Bombshells series, book 3 by Nicola Marsh
- TwiSted TWo-SteP by Julia Bramer
- Every Move She Makes (Who’s Watching Now) by Jannine Gallant
- True Violet (The Violet Trilogy of The Gilded Flower Series Book 3) by Vivian Winslow
- Crossing Abby Road (Entangled Embrace) by Ophelia London <— She’s a famous rock star and walks into his shop… and he’s actually an ex-marine sniper.
- FREEFALL (Indigo Lounge Book 5) by Zara Cox
- Up in the Air by Callie Sparks <— Sounds sweet! “After losing the love of his life to cancer, Sean McIntire will not get involved with anyone else, ever again. So when he accompanies his friend Cicily to a party where he knows absolutely nobody, and meets a stunning girl who promises him no attachments, it seems like just what he needs. But Sean never thought he’d end up saving Hannah’s life that night.“
- Days Like This (Landside Book 1) by Danielle Ellison <— “When Cassie’s mom nearly burns down her house, Cassie’s forced to return home. Back to a mother she’s tried to ignore and the guy she’s been unable to forget. Graham doesn’t know how he’s going to spend the whole summer living next door to the person who broke his heart without letting those old feelings push through to the surface.”
- Seth & Greyson (The Coincidence) by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date April 3rd 2015
- Mate Bond (Shifters Unbound) by Jennifer Ashley <— April 7th 2015
- Without Me (Men of Inked Book 7) by Chelle Bliss – April 7th 2015
- Silver Bastard (Silver Valley) by Joanna Wylde – expected release date April 7th 2015
- The Enticement: The Submissive Series by Tara Sue Me – expected release date April 7th 2015
- Say My Name: A Novel (The Stark Trilogy) by J. Kenner – expected release date April 7th 2015
- When I’m Gone: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 11) by Abbi Glines – expected release date April 7th 2015
- Dark Instincts (Phoenix Pack) by Suzanne Wright – expected release date April 7th 2015
- Come to Me Recklessly: The Closer to You Series by A.L. Jackson <— expected release date April 7th 2015
- The Moment of Letting Go by Jessica Redmerski – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Beautiful Secret (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Master of Freedom: A Mountain Masters Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Cherise Sinclair – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Safe at Last: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Say My Name: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner – expected release date April 14th 2015
- The Story of Son by J.R. Ward – expected release date April 15th 2015
- Blood Kiss: Black Dagger Legacy by J.R. Ward <— DECEMBER 1st 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Maryse, The Bollywood Affair is on sale right now
It seemed like last year it & The Hook up were the two I saw buzzed about everywhere. Warning it may make you hungry
It is usually like $9.
I’m so behind on the BDB series. I kinda just would read Blay & Qhuinn parts, lol. So, I don’t think those are going to be automatic for me right now.
I need the rest of the week off with all these new highly anticipated releases!
Thanks bev!! I’m adding it in. 😀
Jean… right there with you… 4 of my favorite authors in one shot…
Kele Moon – The Slayer .. I love this series. As well as Jaci Burton. Not too mention I liked a few others. So many… I agree I need sometime off just to catch up.
Maryse did you finish Fisher’s Light? Just curious…..
Nobody’s Dream is written by Kallypso* Masters not Calypso
Did someone mention Blay and Quinn? OMG my favorite male couple E.ver.
Ugh. I’m behind on the BDB series. I’m up to Tohrment’s story and want to get to blay and Quinn’s book sooooo bad! The books are so long, I need to really have my head in it, and all these new releases keep distracting me! Damn!!
Jean, it’s the very next book. You’re almost there! I swear, every time I read this series I just want to start it all over again. I don’t know what it is about Ward’s writing style that pulls all my strings but I think I’m obsessed.
BDB iAm & Trez baby!
Maryse…that’s quite a list!! Muah! Unless I missed it…The Virgin by Tiffany Reisz
I know! And every time I get back to the series, I sink back into that world, absolutely love it, and kick myself for waiting so long!
Where is everyone today? It’s awfully quiet around here. I guess they are all busy reading…. imagine that! Lol!
Jena I’m at about 70%… it’s good. I’m not feeling it the way so many have (many 5 star reviews. Right now I’m at about a 3.5 on it, but I still have to finish…) 😀
Has anyone else read it?
Thank you Carrie!! 😀 Fixed.
Rebecka I think The Virgin was an earlier release, but lemme check. 😀
Jean… maybe if we set up some chocolate martinis…er… and I quit stealin’ ’em from y’all, we can tempt more of our crew show up. *snort* 😛
Haha! Wait, you mentioned martinis? Amy will be crawling out of the woodwork any second! Wait for it, wait for it…..lol!!
Hmmm it popped up from pre-order today originally scheduled for 4/1 I thought…unless it went earlier after my pre-order selection??.
Make mine a hot chocolate martini. I’ve a nasty sore throat. Right now, I’m anxiouslyawaiting Friday before getting my Nick book. Until then, I’m reading At Any Price by Brenba Aubrey. I really like it. Great characters, fun. Not greatest, but really good. And! It’s set in Orange County, CA and it’s accurate, not weird and jarring.
Tessa… you need a hot honey-lemon-tea martini! One coming right up…
Amy… any recipes to make hers extra er… “healthy”? 😉
You wanna know where I’ve been? You *really* wanna know where I’ve been?? Showing my a$$ (literally!) in Target, that’s where!!! I decided to wear a cute, knee-length fluttery spring skirt, which is fine except that I then thought it would just be sooooo adorable with some platform sandals…stupid idea ’cause I. Am. Clumsy. I twisted my ankle, lost my balance, and on the way down to introduce my face to the floor I managed to swing my arm up behind me and show everyone my thong-clad a$$!!!!! The only thing that saved me from absolute humiliation was my friend standing there crossing her legs so she wouldn’t pee her pants while she laughed at me. Seriously gotta love those kind of friends. 😉
So, yeah, that’s where I have been!
Give me a sec and I’ll find a sick day martini…
How can you resist a drink with a name like that?? Except I would use vodka instead of gin…y’all know how much I love vodka. 😉
The Virgin, Tiffany Reisz…. definitely my next read. It’s kind of sad that BDB has fallen to the “will read eventually” pile for me. The King was a huge disappointment, and I can’t remember the last one I loved. After the first 7 or 8 it was all not memorable for me. BOO… I know… dodging Kindles as we speak.
I have to finish Trent Brothers #1 first though, and I will not squirrel. It’s actually pretty darn good! Amazing chemistry. Great real dialogue (my big must have), and they are 30 and 32 (so no teeny boppers)… I really like this one. (And he’s a super hot cop, so that helps.
😆 *giggle* *giggle giggle giggle* *snort* *giggle* *snort snort snort*
Heheheh… tee hee… tee heeeeee!! 😆 😀
*snorts in her ear*
Sorry Amy! 😉
But I bet you did it with style and flair.
Or flail. LOL!!!
Somebody make Amy a martini… STAT!
Wait… I have two right here!!! Here Amy.
*hands her one*
*guzzles… er… SIPS the other*
Oooh, sounds good, except I’m allergic to all citruses (the citric acid). I know, weird, right? I wonder if I can replace lemon juice with apple juice? Also, would that taste good with watermelon vodka, strawberry vodka or whipped cream vodka?
Oh, Superstar I’m sorry. Hate falling in public, especially when it feels like slow motion. But like Maryse said I’m sure you did it with flair.
Klutz here too so feel your pain.
*hugs Amy* Hopefully it was pretty underwear everyone got to see. I mean, if you’re going to flash, give them something to look at, right? *grins impishly*
I’m such a klutz too…
One time… I opened the car door…right into MY FACE!
The corner of the car door met my eyebrow area in all of it’s impact glory. I have a permanent dent there now.
Don’t even ask me about the time I slammed my mom’s fingers in the car door…
Yah. Me ‘n car doors are not so coordinated. 😛
Aww Amy! That is hysterical! You definitely need a martini girl!
Lol Maryse! I’m sorry! I have a sick sense of humor!
Has anyone on here read Jeannie Lin? A little curious about her books.
Tessa, no citrus at all? Ouch! I recently saw this recipe and so want to try it. Just love love lemon as a sweet.
Awww Amy that’s hysterical. With all the working out you do, I’m sure it was a much appreciated flashing at Target! *giggle* I’m right there with you with the clumsy in heels. 🙂
Hugs Amy. Cheryl said what I was thinking. It’s time like those when the personal training really pays off. 🙂
Just read a spoilers thread on The Shadows…..and whoa! :O
A skirt. Platform heels. A thong. To Target…. this sounds like a scene from one of Kristen Ashley’s books! You are such a Rock Chick, Amy!! LOL.
What is everyone reading? I’m still going strong with Jacked. (It’s the same author as Love, Unscripted… loved those books… and she just writes so easy and sexy and normal, you know?)
BEV – spoiler threads??? what are you doing? stay away from there….
Several on list caught my interest: Last Will and Testament, Deep (although I still need to read Lead), Where Sea Meets Sky-Love Karina Halle, Just A little Flirt, and Girl Underwater.
I’m reading Love Surfaced. So far it’s been good, the slow burn of friends to lovers, but I think the real angst is coming up. I read 10 Years Later yesterday. It was a sweet read, with minimal angst.
*hugs Maryse and snorts on her shoulder* It actually was pretty dang funny now that it’s over. And if you want to call dropping the f-bomb flair, then yes ladies…I did fall with flair! Or with “flail.” Same difference in this case. 😉
Oooh yummy…martinis make everything better! I’ll take that… *accepts martini* Aaaand what’s left of yours too… *chugs what is left of Maryse’s martini* 😛
Oooooh, this list today is GREAT!!! I saw Before I Go the other day while I was looking up another book (The Last Time We Say Goodbye *sob*) but thought it was a little pricey…so glad to see it on sale now! Where Sea Meets Sky, Blushing (my tummy is already twisting from the blurb alone), The One That Got Away (*squeee!!*), Charlotte’s Secret, The Trouble with Tomboys, Together With You, Just a Little Flirt…I’m in one-click heaven right now.
Maryse, not long
Ha! Hit submit too soon! Anyways…
Maryse, not long after 70% of Fisher’s Light until the end is when it went on a kinda revved up-slowed down-revved up cycle for me…it wasn’t a five star (came soooo close though!) but I still loved it, particularly for the portrayal of what some military wives go through with hubbies with PTSD, the effects of multiple deployments on a marriage and divorces seemingly coming from out of nowhere (it happens…too often).
Hehe, I wanted something a little intense after FL and Deep Blue Eternity, and I’m getting it with Sweet Destruction…kinda on the lower end of my angst meter but still enough to curb that craving! 😀
I love you guys. Seriously…Love. You. Guys. And just ’cause I go to a personal trainer doesn’t mean I have an eye-candy ass. *snicker*
*snort* Car doors…dented eyebrow…mom’s fingers…I’m feeling a little better about my mishap today. 😛
Finished At Any Price. I really liked it. The main characters were fun, the story and writing were really good. I wish the satelite characters were more fleshed out, but still good. The setting was right too, which you all know that drives me mad if I have actually lived there for oh… 25 years. *grins* So, yep, happy.
*stares down into her empty martini glass*
Let’s make more!!! 😀
Woohoo!!! Spring Break for me this week! An entire week of nonstop reading….if my kids would just leave me alone!
Yes, let’s! *clapping hands and bouncing* More martinis!! I loooooooove martinis. 😀
Yep Tessa, I would say whipped cream vodka would work ’cause I just tried out that Bee’s Knees cocktail (in a martini glass, of course ;)) with lemon juice, spun honey (mmmm, love spun clover honey) and cake vodka, and it tastes soooo yummy! I’m on my second…okay, third but who cares because YUM!!!
*giggle* Sounds like Lauren is gonna need one too…if mama ain’t happy then nobody gon’ be happy. 😛
Maryse – Blushing is really good! I couldn’t put it down, but it’s the 2nd book in the series. The first one is called “In Bloom”. I loved both books and read them back-to-back… Light read, good writing, some angst, great secondary characters, hot actor… Can’t wait to read more from this new writer!
This is a random find… Have you guys read The last hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith?? I found it randomly and am wondering if it is any good??
The Unleashing sounds good!! I’m still in a small book slump from Kulti so I’m searching for my next read!
Andee, I loved In Bloom. I have to get Blushing. The first story was so sweet.
Niki, I haven’t read that one yet. I do remember when it was the buzzed about book. It also made a couple best list of what I consider romance bloggers/reviewers. You have probably seen it mentioned about the book but a warning about rape scenes.
If you read it let us know what you think.
Aww amy I will totally make u and Easter bonnett to to make u feel better that way no one will look at ur ass lol
I just finished deep and I liked it! It was everything I thought it was going to be and I think there may be another story to come of it …..
Now on to the shadows!!(and more arts and crafts)
I LOVED IN Bloom and the sequel that’s on the list above, Blushing. Some angst, but overall sweet read!! 🙂
I don’t think you’ve ever mentioned M.Q. Barber’s books – call them literary erotic romance, they’re WONDERFUL. The fourth in her “Neighborly Affection” series came out in March (Becoming His Master). It’s kind of a prequel to the first trilogy – you can read it first, or read it in writing order and have a lot of “Easter Egg” moments where you go “Oh, that’s how that happened!” You should definitely add them to your TBR list!!
** Mid day update on “Jacked”*** I actually called in sick so I could finish reading the hottest sex scene I have read in as long as I can remember. I find myself skimming them much of the time (nothing new)… but I read every word.. and re-read some parts. LOL. This was such a random reading choice for me, almost eeny-meeny-miney-moe…. and it’s turing out to be such a nice surprise. I really LIKE these people. Not sure why or how, but I am connecting with this book. YAY me. …. now to go skulking in to work 4 hours late!!
MichelleS, I just read a second spoiler review about it. I won’t say what I think of it but will say for those who hate spoilers to probably be careful even skimming reviews. Well, anywhere like amazon or somewhere that doesn’t hide or announce spoilers.
I used to read spoilers all the time. And *ducking* the end of the book. It’s a lot rarer but yes I still sometimes do.
Glad to hear it MichelleS! I got that too and I’ll have to move it up on my list! I’ve been really skimming the sex scenes lately in a lot of these books too… Is that wrong?
Bev I’ve been avoiding any mention of Shadows like the plague because of rumors of spoilers. I like to go into a book totally blind.
MichelleS, wow, must have been some scene. I know that most of us tend to skim after reading a million of them in these romance books.
LOL Laura!! 😛
Mmmm, I may have to read Jacked soon. So are the scenes even better than the ones with Taryn and Ryan? *sigh* I miss them… BTW, that’s hilarious about going into work late, MichelleS. *giggle*
And no, Jean, it’s not wrong…it just means we’re building up a tolerance. 😉
Help ladies! I need a book that is going to work me over in every way that I love and I don’t trust my own decision making right now. It seems like the last few books I’ve read that I thought would be “the one” have started out great but then have either leveled out or had something stupid thrown in or have disappointed me in some other way. I want something that is going to MESS ME UP!! I don’t want to know *why* it’s going to mess me up and I don’t want to know if there is going to be a HEA (’cause that’s the fun part…the NOT knowing), but I want something with angst and heartache and uncertainty that will twist my gut and punch me in the heart, gut and ovaries. I don’t want dark erotica right now and I’m not really in the mood for paranormal, but I will consider dystopian.
Any suggestions, my friends? Even those of you who are a little more on the shy side and don’t comment often…I would love your input as well!
What book are Taryn and Ryan in?
*ducks behind couch*
Taryn and Ryan are in Love Unscripted. *gasp* Jean, have you not read it???
*ducking and giggling with Fabi* Why are we hiding, Fabi? Is it ’cause we haven’t read SR?
Ha, Amy won’t read SR until I read SGT. Right Amy? It will happen eventually!
I have not read Love Unscripted but just downloaded it recently on sale. I went to read it one day, but it looked too long….haha! OK, so I should read it?
I’m trying to think of something for you Amy…. First book I thought of was The Summer Remains by Seth King! I loved it!!! Then I thought The Life of Anna series…. But you don’t want dark and you can’t get much darker than that series!
Amy asked for recs * happy clappy hands*…….except I don’t have many of this type, but I’ll try.
So, The Time Travelers Wife kicked me in the gut and is so freaking gorgeous. Fell hard for it.
On the Island and Butterfly Tattoo have, to me, a Sea of T feel.
And you know I’ll probably be back with others.
Amy did you ever get around to reading the Kane trilogy? I remember you shying from it due to the CH.
Amy, Cry No More was really good and that first scene…..
Ok, one that messed me up? Emi lost & found series. I probably read it at the very worst time. I was still in the early stages of grieving. And I pick up this book and has friends to lovers and slow burn♥. I knew it was a first book so when almost done I grabbed the other two so I could stay in this world. I started the second, hopefully, and pretty soon I’m sobbing so so hard. Can’t see the book cause of the tears hard. Then I got angry when realized where it was going….so angry. If not on my nook, one of my comforts, it would of gone flying and probably still be sitting where it would of landed. That’s been a couple years now but still haven’t been able to open that book.
Oh bev, someone just recommended the Emi lost and found series to me. Sounds like a tearjerker!
Amy, sorry about your fall but that was epic. I wasn’t even there and I am giggling like an idiot. You should read “On the Island and Surviving Raine. I am reading Deep, the heroine is likable and has a good sense of humor. The hero makes me want to have my hubby grow a beard, wink, wink.
I can relate Laura, my kiddies are off too….
Oh,you probably have read it, but Divergent in case you haven’t.
Jean, for me it was. Have you started Deep? Meant to yesterday, but didn’t. Relieved to see Laura liked it.
No haven’t started yet. Have a friend pressuring me to read Jake Understood with her…… Peer pressure… it’s a bitch…lol!! But Deep is definitely next!
Bev, are you friends with Fabi on GR? I noticed some of her updates, was just curious if it was “the bev” from Maryse’s gang!!!
Nope, not me. I’ve never joined GR. Commenting on blogs is as social media as I get, lol.
I think Bev on GR is from the UK. She’s a hoot.
Tessa, I think I read Knight of a Trillion Stars in record time (for me). I was so anxious to get to Rejar’s story in book 2. I can’t wait to see what that tomcat gets up to in Regency England. (I also can’t believe you’ve sidetracked me from all these new releases that I’ve been holding my breath for for months). Big YEA for recommendations. You ladies rock.
Amy, I was hiding cause I thought you were going to throw something at me for that rec. lol I admit I haven’t read many like what you’re asking for. The only other one that I remember gutting me like that was Rainfall. But if I remember correctly, you read it at the same time I did.
Omg, first line of Rejar: “He was a totally sexual creature.”
Gah, and I was only peaking at the first page. I have to go work for a few hours. Aaaayyyy.
some of these are a bit pricey in the UK – £9.59 for the One that got away!! I did some importing from Amazon to Goodreads at the weekend to try and organise my purchases – I now know my TBR list is 1800…probably just as well as I have not one clicked any yet…but sooooooo tempted
Don’t you wish you could trick your kindle into believing you’re in a different country to get some books? *grins* Imagine what you’d get!
Fabi, yeah! Rejar, is well, Rejar. I fell for him the first time I read it. The first line should say why. Especially HIM in Regency England. At the time I read it, Regencies were my main read, so it was a big yeah for me.
Rainfall!!! That’s the kind of book I’m looking for! I loved how there was a twist but then another HUGE twist later on that I did not see coming at all, and it completely messed me up. Oh, oh, oh…also Insanity, which is free right now ladies so you need to snag it and get your mind fu– er, messed with. 😉 THAT book had a twist that kicked me in the gut at the end.
Aw Shane, crap!! You said the two books that everyone has been giving me a hard time about not reading. You’re gonna be my human shield when the peanuts start flying. 😛
Hmmm, about the recs so far…Jean, I think I know how The Summer Remains might go so while I *do* want to read it, I want something a little more blindsiding. And Life of Anna?? Have you done lost your ever-lovin’ mind?!? I will probably give in and read it at some point but right now it seems like the equivalent of slamming my t!t in the car door…which I’m sure Maryse could help out with considering her “coordination” when it comes to car doors. 😛
Bev, I’ve seen Time Traveler’s Wife so I already know how that one ends. 🙁 Who is Butterfly Tattoo by? I saw a few with that title on Amazon. And Cry No More…is it by Linda Howard? I’m gonna throw those two titles in the hat…
Tessa, I forgot about the Kane series! So will I be blindsided and/or get twisted up by those? I haven’t read Divergent but saw the first movie…I read a spoiler about the third book and…ugh. I wonder if they will stick with that storyline in the movies. 😕
Kane series… it’s… You will get twisted up. Seriously, the main male’s nickname is Satan for a reason. He’s an a$$ to the highest degree. I got twisted up in it. Things you don’t expect do happen.
I don’t know if they will totally stick with the storyline in the movie. Some major things are missing. Sucky on the spoiler. Of the two, I’d say the Kane series is better. It’s gut twisty, but not dark. Just, the two are seriously messed up on so many levels.
Amy. recs…. let’s see I will try to go off my normal script… Kyland was memorable, Plausability (forbidden and unpredictable), The Holy Trinity (please tell me you read the coolest dystopian ever), Lights of Peril (a really, really gut wrenching MC book series of 3 books), Checked and Checked Again (because she was so likable), and of course…. ROAM series because it’s still my number one series read for this year!!! LOL. (I remember most everything about these books is why I chose them).
Amy, have not watched the movie. I loved the book so much and have heard the movie does not live up to it at all. So just have not gone their at all.
At another blog I go to and Loving David by Gina Hummer got a big reaction by a few of them. I haven’t read it…..
Butterfly Tattoo is by Deidre Knight. It was wonderful. Maryse has a review of it.
Amy – Ryan and Taryn— good times! Yes, this book is definitely on par with The Love Series. The writing, the chemistry, the slow build, the hot seduction, the real dialogue. The girl can write! (did I already mention ten times that he is tall, dark, handsome, tatted, and a cop who like handcuffs?)
*hee hee* A cop who likes handcuffs…how ’bout strip searches and body cavi– Uh, never mind. 😛
Jean, you really need to read Love Unscripted!! It reads pretty fast and is one of my all-time favorites. It’s kinda like a “classic” for me in that I associate it with my Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless time-reading period, and it was my first “famous person” book. I remember being soooo excited when I came here and found out how many of my favorites Maryse and others had read and reviewed and loved, like those three and Sea of Tranquility and Edge of Never…I freaking love this place. 😀
Amy, OMG now my t!t hurts! LOL! I read the Kane series and I don’t know if that has the level of mess you up that you are wanting. It has angst, but I didn’t feel the gut punch of say Rainfall or Ugly Love or Brightside. Speaking of Brightside that author has another book All of It that sounds like it could be a gut kicker too. I haven’t read it but, the blurb sounds promising. Have you read the Collide series or Infinity series? Those were pretty angsty! 🙂
I loved Love Unscripted and Love Unrehearsed!! Gotta read those Jean!! 😉
Awesome, Tessa…thanks! I’m not *quite* ready to commit to a series right now, but if all of the books are out then I’ll most likely start it soon. 😉
MichelleS, the Holy Trinity series…OMG that second book made my heart ache! I may have been irritated as all hell at Gerik, but I was feeling all kinds of hurt in my gut and chest by the end of book 2. And the novella after book 2 was a really good filler. Gah! Is the third book ever gonna come out?? Lights of Peril…read the first two and they were okay, just not as gritty as I’m used to with MC books. I kinda crave Madeline Sheehan-level gritty with my MC books. 😉 Checked…haven’t read either one. And I definitely haven’t forgotten about Roam…I picked up the first book when you fell in love with it!
Has anyone on here read the Cut & Run series? I’m seeing reviews for the last book and remembered I have the first one. I know there is a lot of love for this series, may need to finally start it.
Bev, Loving David has me intrigued. Hmmm…big reaction, huh? I’m gonna avoid the reviews just to be safe. 😕
Cheryl, I’m going to have to check All of It out. I’ve heard the Collide and Infinity series are really good and I have at least the first books of both, but I’m not up for starting a series right now…maybe a couple more standalones and then I’ll emerse myself in a series!
Thank you so much for the recs, ladies! 😀 And Paula…woo-hoo for being in the near-2000 club with me! *high fives Paula*
Amy, yes. Just re-read the review and she used some key words that are right up your alley.
Lol, they make me walk the other way. I want to see slow burn, swoon, hea/hfn, & maybe a good grovel.
I look at yours and I think you nutter butter and your probably thinking boooring looking at mine.;-)
We will have to do a book swap some time.
MichelleS, what book were you talking about-the tatted cop one??
Bev, I read the first Cut and Run book and really enjoyed it! I would definitely recommend it!!
Don’t know what happened there! Thank you Amy – nice to know I not alone in my addiction.
Bev – I have read 7 of the Cut and Run series – 5* reads for me! The last 2 are on my TBR…
Anyone read Girl Underwater? I read the sample and really liked it, but then I saw the price! Ugh, hate to pay that…
Amy, I think Girl Underwater could be the gut kick you’re looking for. Except it comes at a hefty price- $10.99!!
£17 in the UK! What is going on with the price of Kindle books!?
Cheryl: “Jacked” by T Rieber. She also wrote Love, Unscripted and Love, Unrehearsed a few years ago, which I just loved! A lot of the same feelings in this one. He is just the ultimate book boyfriend for me: a woman’s man, and a man’s man… swoon….
MichelleS, thanks, that sounds really good. Is it a standalone? Adding it to my tbr list. 😉
Yep Amy, I just started reading Girl Underwater and it’s already a gut kicker. “So I just sit there, gazing at the faded Nike swoosh, watching my tears stain the industrial blue carpet. What an awful thing to see right before you die.”
Bev, “nutter butter”? LOL!! Oh, believe me…I need HEA and HFN books the same as you do, especially after reading one that works me over and makes me freak the freak out. I *love* books that blindside me, put my stomach in knots, make me ugly cry and/or cause me to snuffle and snuggle my little stuffed manatee ’cause the unthinkable happened, but I also love books with HEAs and guys that make me swoon. 😉
Amy, after I wrote that I was worried. Hope you weren’t offended.
Paula & Niki thanks. I’ll definitely be moving it on up. I was so sure I’d go read Deep, but not sure what I feel like.
Cheryl, that one sounds like it could be pretty good…let me know if you finish it!
Okay, so I went with The One That Got Away ’cause the blurb got me all giddy. And now I have the Katy Perry song stuck in my head…
“Sarina! Penis straws or penis shot glasses?” Oh, my good holy lord. They’re back to the party favors again. <—– Yep, so far this is my kind of book. LOL!! 😛
I have to share. After finishing the Signal Bend Series by Susan Fanetti I was completely blown away and torn apart. The BEST MS Series that I’ve read thus far. Amazing, Gut wrenching, So Realistic and Stunning. She has a spin off series called – The Night Horde SoCal … Book Two just came out. Shadow and Soul Over 800 Pages. Enjoy.
Oh, Bev… *hugs* I’m not offended at all…nutter butter is pretty fitting for me! 😉
So, quiet on here today. Hope it is because of good reads.
MichelleS, don’t know that I told you but I really enjoyed Radiance. Hate what happened to Brishen though. Only read two from her now but she so far has written great heroines. I’m always so happy when I like the heroines.
Debated between 3 books but think I’ve landed on the one. And because it is so quiet around here…..
“Next up for auction is the honor of naming the naked mole rat recently born at the North Campbell Zoo….”
~Time Served by Julianna Keyes.
It’s always quiet on Thursday… 😉
I just finished Fisher’s Light. Now time to review. Next for me I think will be “The One That Got Away”
Oh! Are we doing the “first line of your current read” thing? Okay…
“Every woman has one” – The One That Got Away by Bethany Chase
*giggle* No, she isn’t talking about our lady bits. 😉
I started that one this morning, Maryse! I’m not far enough in to really say much but I can say that I like her writing style, and the secondary characters are great so far. *crossing fingers*
Cherry-flavored penis pops…I’m giggling like a sixth grade girl over those. 😛
Amy, the first recently read book for a gut punch, big twist that comes to mind is Yours Always by Rhonda Dennis. I was blindsided and ugly cried big time!
Bev! I still have 10% left in Radiance – you read faster than me :O
I really enjoyed it though and will be reading the next in the series for sure.
I think when I finish, I’m going with the book series featured in the most recent reader question post, Inescapable by Amy Bartol.
I have that one, Michelle! So, blindsided and ugly cried? Whooooop!! *clappy hands* I read the Premonition series by Amy Bartol a while back and really liked it. I have a love-hate thing with the “fellas”…you’ll see why when you get to them. 😉 Be sure to keep us updated on it!
Hey, didn’t Emi Lost and Found get brought up yesterday and Jean hasn’t read it yet? Gah! The first book was good, but I think I liked it more because I read the prequel first and was able to get to know both of them through their POVs before reading Nate’s POV alone in book 1 (y’all know how I am about all-male POVs). Book 2 is Emi’s POV and will rip your heart out and make you ugly cry. No, seriously…it’s not an Amy-is-just-being-emotional-and-crying book (like Fisher’s Light). It’s a please-sedate-me-it-HURTS kind of book. And try to avoid finding out whose POV it is in book 3. Just sayin’. 😉
Okay, back to The One That Got Away…
This game, huh? Normally interesting, but this one has a seriously boring first line.
“Come on Cass.” Picked by Jettie Woodruff
Not even an exclamation mark! !!!!! Good thing I like the story. *grins*
Is it “first line Thursday”? ok…. here goes…
“My hands trembled under the hot water as I rinsed the blood off Cal’s wedding band.” Jacked, by Tina Reber.
YES. I’m still reading that book. It’s 500 pages!!! Well worth the 1.99 price tag.
So glad you liked Radiance, Michelle and Bev. I will be reading the next one too. Poor Brishen is right. Didn’t see that coming at all.
I think I am going to go with Rajar next, if Fabi would ever report back!!! She must be hot and heavy in Regency England with Rajar, or something!!!
I’m not far into it yet but so far it’s reading like a typical regency romance except for the shape shifter thing lol I love it!
Fabi, on a fb update.
MichelleS, was that on Thursday last time? Probably because it’s the quiet day. That is a great first line. Won tat bbook when first came out and now will have to move it up. 🙂
I’m clapping too!!! Thanks Michelle!
Finished Picked and I’m uh… You know those really rushed endings and how after them, you feel like, wait, huh, wha? Yeah, that. It was intense and good up until the last 15ish percent. Then it resolved everything really fast. Now, it’s over. I’m confused.
I am an actual blubbering mess after finishing the shadows snot and everything I am calling dibs on the manatee!!!
Laura – you’re killing me. I was going to wait until the $12 price came down on the e-book… and now you are blubbering and making me all kinds of squirrely. Is it the old BDB? Because I will invest if it is like the first 8 books…
Oh Michelle is the whole old crew we even get rhage back I missed him!!! The king book was making me crazy because it kept going to like 50 different stories but this one is all them back to the way it was I want to read it all over again and it introduces us to the people that are going to be in the new spin off I loved it she’s totally back to 5* and it’s so freaking sad!
Please please please no spoilers on The Shadows. I’ve been avoiding online talk of it like the plague but some is still filtering through. I’ll read it next but I have to stay with Rejar first.
You said the magic word: Rhage!!! He’s my BDB favorite. FINE! That’s next for me. The reviews on amazon are hot and cold, so I have no clue what I am in for.
I just finished Jacked. So so good. And I can’t wait for the next one – his little brother’s story. It is a complete story, HEA, has everything I need in a romance novel: the dialogue, the steam, angst and emotion. It was sooooo long, but a definite recommendation. 4.9 stars (I’m making up my own system of tenths now!).
Fabi – the fact that you are sticking with Rajar over BDB makes me want to go there first. Give me something. Anything. I am dying to know about this book!
Aw, does Laura need a snuggle? *holds out manatee* Man, I really need to get caught up on the BDB series…
Ohhh, it’s gettin’ good in TOTGA!! Slow build and now…*meeeep!*
*covers face with pillow*
I swear, throw a hot guy into the story and I turn into a jump-his-junk cheerleader. Hehe, I wouldn’t mind rattling HIS pom-poms. 😛
MichelleS, does Kyle make an appearance at all in Jacked? I’m just curious because I don’t have a whole lotta love for that guy, and I wonder if I’ll feel differently about him away from the Love series…
Amy – No – the only brother that makes an appearance is Jason – I don’t even remember Kyle – maybe vaguely. What’d he do??
MichelleS, Kyle was the bodyguard Ryan hired to protect Taryn…remember him?
MichelleS I can’t give you much yet because I’m at less than 20%. I can say that I’m glad I read the first one first even though it’s not as good as this one. I feel like I know the characters a little better because of the first book. Rejar has everything I love about a Recency. It has time travel, a spitfire heroine, a randy rogue who is also a shifter. So far it’s just one of those great old Recency romances with a bit of PNR and Sci fi thrown in to spice things up a bit. Again, I’m not far enough into it yet to give you any feedback about the feels. But it’s Tessa’s rec so she can probably help.
Yeah seriously Rhage is the magic word for me too! I’m not caught up with the series though so will not get there for a bit 🙁
Finished Radiance and yes definitely was upset about Brishen. I loved the characters and world but the storyline was just a like for me. Not much happened between the beginning and end – it needed more action/tension between the bigger moments I think and then it would have approached 5* for me.
Yours Always – yeah you are all happy clapping now but read it and then you’ll be singing a different tune! It’s hard to describe, a sad HEA?
Oh and I made my soup today and it’s still simmering but it’s soooo good already!
Ooooh, I want some of that soup!! Did you try it with the white pepper or did you stick with black pepper?
Rejar, a description, huh? Once there was a sexy catman who was thrown into a broken portal and was spit out into the Regency era as a cat towards a fiesty Regency lady,who adopted the kitty immediately.
Does that work?
I did half white and half black pepper for now. Once it simmers some more I will probably add a little more. I like spicy so I have to be careful when cooking for big groups to not over do it!
Promise no spoilers!!! Only that it was much better than the king and yes amy I need snuggles!! I’m now reading kristan Ashley’s fairytale come alive and I want to hit the guy in it and he has children that’s just a pulling heartstrings for me!!!
I don’t have an iphone or ipad, but these cases are so sweet.
I love the Jane Eyre cover and Secret Garden covers, Bev! Etsy is fun. 🙂
I LOVED Fairytale Come Alive. My fave in that series.
I think I am going to go with BDB because someone went and said Rhage is in it, and I could use a little fix of s previous huge crush like that.
Enjoy Michelle let me know what u think