<— Look what has just been released!!! I’ve got a special “guest” post with Darynda Jones (Darynda Jones divulges her “Charley Davidson Dream Cast” + A Giveaway!!!). AND! ANNDD!! I met her at RT last week. I have a picture. *squeeeee*!!!
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! —–> It’s WEDNESDAY AND GUESS WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!!???? Gus by Kim Holden. GAH!!!!!!
(check out my review of book #1 Bright Side by Kim Holden and you’ll see why I’m freaking out!!!)
P.S. I have an entire photo album of RT2015 up on my Facebook page right now (I’m filling it in as we speak, only halfway through…). Of course, I’m still writing a full-on recap because there are some hilarious stories to tell (with the corresponding photos), but for those wanting to take a look, here it is: Maryse at RT Booklovers Convention 2015.
GAH!! I’m still recovering from last week’s mega book-fun (I think I got a total of 4 … *maybe* 5 hours of sleep per night on a good night) and I slept like a log last night. So I’m running behind but I’m finding us goodies. Like…
—-> OMG TWO more “Beautiful Disaster/Maddox Brothers) pre-orders by Jamie McGuire have just gone up!!! Beautiful Burn: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 4) <— FINAL BOOK is up for pre-order & Something Beautiful: A Novella (Shep and America!!!!!)
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Leo by Mia Sheridan <— GOOD ONE!!! So many LOVE it! (my review)
- Stinger by Mia Sheridan <— PORN STAR ALERT!!! This one was good!! I read it. (my review)
- Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews
- The Perfect Letter: A Novel by Chris Harrison
- Night Moves by Nora Roberts
- Times Change: Time and Again, Book 2 by Nora Roberts
- The Summer’s End: Lowcountry Summer Trilogy, Book 3 by Mary Alice Monroe
- Welcome to Paradise by Rosalind James
- Exposed: Ethan Frost, Book 3 by Tracy Wolff
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS:
- The Sordid Promise (A Sordid Love Book 1) by Courtney Lane <— Marit is loving it! “I’m 15% in to The Sordid Promise by Courtney Lane. Oh my, this is interesting. She’s a loner and he is HOT and scary!!! I have read the warnings about this book, but I had to click it Have somebody read it?“
- An Ember in the Ashes by <— Kaye LOVES it: “Hey, just two days ago I finished An ember in the ashes by Sabaa Tahir, and I was hoping that someone could recommend a similar book or just any good book really. TIA ;)”
- It Ain’t Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen Book 1) by Tillie Cole <— Bushra is FLIPPING over these! “Hey guys!! So im going through a Author Tillie Cole binge and i need an outlet to rave! i just LOVEEEEE her books! I started with the Sweet Home series but i just fell so hard for Styx and Ky in the Hades Hangmen series!! But after reading the Valentines Special can i say that August cannot come fast enough because I AM OFFICIALLY A FLAME WHORE!!!! honestly in the first book i had my doubts but i just love how Tillie Cole just made us start falling for him in the second book! Although its a major tease!!! So if you havent read any of her books… the Hades Hangmen series is an MC romance with some series messed up cult and Sweet Home? OMG ROMEO!!!!!! must i say any more? Plus there’s also Eternally North i love the GBF!!! Tillie Cole you have my eternal respect!“
- Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson Book 8) by Darynda Jones <— SO MANY LOVE THIS SERIES LIKE CRAZY ALERT!!!
- Ever Night by Gena Showalter <— ONCE A YEAR PARANORMAL BIRTHDAY VISIT ALERT!! “Rose Pascal is swept into a dark, haunting realm every year on her birthday, only to return home the next day. She dreads each visit…even as she craves appearing before the realm’s warrior king, a deliciously maddening man who has spent his life hunting and killing her kind—with good reason…“
- Romancing The Paranormal: All New Tales by Stephanie Rowe, Robyn Peterman, Victoria Danann, Kym Grosso, Dakota Cassidy, Claudy Conn, Teresa Gabelman, Melanie James, Gena D. Lutz, D’Elen McClain, Julia Mills, Brandy L. Rivers, Cynthia St. Aubin
- The Alpha’s Justice (Huntsville Pack Book 2) by Michelle Fox
- Grave Insight (A Maddie Graves Mystery Book 2) by Lily Harper Hart
- Protective Instinct (Moon Shifter Series) by Katie Reus
- A Shade of Vampire 13: A Turn of Tides by Bella Forrest
- From a Distant Star by Karen McQuestion
- Lost In Magic (Return to Avalore Book 4) by Elianne Adams
- Angel 6.0: Enslaved (Space Opera Romance): (Angel 6.0, Book 3) by Travis Luedke
- Twisted Magic (The Dhampyre Chronicles Book 2) by Marissa Farer
- Witches Be Burned: A Magic & Mayhem Novel by by Stacey Kennedy
- Taken (Prophecy Child Series Book 3) by Katie Epstein
- Thirteen Souls by by Larion Wills
- Wild Flame (Chiasson Book 4) by Donna Grant
- Shutter girl by C.D. Reiss <— Kandace LOVES IT ALERT!! She says: “Maryse! I’m sooooooo excited Shuttergirl by CD Reiss just went live. I read the ARC of this book and LOVED it. I truly think many of your followers will FLOVE it too. It’s totally different from her SOS series.”
- Never Never: Part Two by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher <— PSYCH THRILLER/ROMANCE ALERT!! Eeeeeep!!! Relief from that cliffhanger? PART TWO JUST WENT LIVE!!! And Tessa says: “Never Never was mental this time around. I have to re-read number two to figure out what my brain is trying to tell me.“
- Game Changer (A Bomb Squad Novel Book 3) by Melissa Cutler
- Falling For His Best Friend (Entangled Brazen) (Out of Uniform) by Katee Robert <— SHE WANTS A BABY ALERT!!! And she’s got a best friend that could help… 😉
- Falling For My Boss by J. S. Cooper & Helen Cooper <— TONS of great reviews already!!
- Flirting with Scandal (Capital Confessions) by Chanel Cleeton
- Craving Lucy (The Lucy & Harris Novella Series Book 2) by Terri Anne Browning
- The Perfect Letter: A Novel by Chris Harrison <— THE HOST OF THE BACHELOR WROTE A ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Hot Alphas by Lora Leigh, Laurelin McGee, Shiloh Walker, Kate Douglas
- Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews
- Only Forever by Cristin Harber <— The fourth and final installment of the Only series. Must be read in order.
- #Selfie (Hashtag Series Book 4) by Cambria Hebert
- Love, Laughter, and Steamy Ever Afters (Ten Novels by Ten NYT Bestselling Authors) by Bella Andre, Melissa Foster, Violet Duke, Erin Nicholas, Lauren Blakely, Carly Phillips, Sawyer Bennett, Melanie Shawn, Jessie Evans, Crista McHugh <— SUPER BARGAIN PRICED, too!!
- The Billionaire’s Best Friend (The Billionaire’s Desire Book 8) by Cassie Cross
- MAD GIRL: A Sexy Romantic Comedy by J.J. Salem <— COMEDY/MAFIA FATHER ALERT!!!
- Life After Perfect by Nancy Naigle
- Perfectly Mixed by Ancelli
- Home Sweet Home: A Sweet, Texas Novella by Candis Terry
- EMBER – Part Two (The EMBER Series Book 2) by Deborah Bladon
- Girl Spoken For by Suzie T. Roos <— MOB FAMILY ALERT!!! “She’s determined to be in control of her future. But the love of her life, Zach Bertano, and his mob family may have other plans…“
- Let It Ride (Thompson & Sons Book 3) by Vivian Arend
- The Unyielding Bachelor (Captured by Love Book 2) by Miranda P. Charles
- Someday Beach (Grayton Series Book 2) by Jill Sanders
- Damsel In Danger (Danger Incorporated Book 1) by Olivia Jaymes
- Stick Me Baby…One More Time (Has-Been Series Book 2) by <— PORN STAR & A STRIPPER ALERT!!! “To complicate things further, a certain sexy and dangerous amber-haired stripper is changing him into another person—one that he isn’t sure he can handle. They say you can’t make a “ho into a housewife.” But two hoes? There are better odds in Vegas…“
- Sway (A Delicious Novel Book 1) by Lauren Dane <— “Sway is a novella that appeared in the CHERISHED duology that released in 2012. Sway is the first installment in the DELICIOUS series.“
- Igniting Passion (Red Starr, Book Three) by Kennedy Layne
- Defining Love (Volume 3): Defining Love by Elizabeth Reyes
- Shatter Me (Entangled Brazen) by Tori St. Claire <— MILITARY MAN ALERT!! His buddy’s widow… “But Reagan has secrets of her own?secrets Alex can never know about her marriage, or the kind of man her husband really was.“
- Return to Legend Boxed Set (Ladies of Legend Book 26) by Maddie James, Jan Scarbrough, Janet Eaves, Magdalena Scott
- Some Like it Easy (Going Royal Book 5) by Heather Long
- Only You by Kate Kelly
- Once Upon a SEAL (Lucky Thirteen Book 5) by S.M. Butler
- Then He Kissed Me (Whispering Bay Romance Book 2) by Maria Geraci
- Vanished in Venice (Italy Intrigue Series Book 3) by Stacey Joy Netzel
- Once Pure (Shattered Past) by Cecy Robson <— MMA ROMANCE ALERT!!! “When Sofia agrees to work at his mixed martial arts gym, Killian seizes the opportunity to help and protect the sweet girl he’s always cared for. And yet, as he trains Sofia to defend herself using his hard-hitting MMA techniques, he’s drawn to the vulnerable beauty in ways he never expected.“
- The Summer’s End (Lowcountry Summer Book 3) by Mary Alice Monroe
- ONCE IN A BLUE MOON (BLUEBONNET, TEXAS Book 2) by Amie Stuart
- Twisted Lies 2 (Dirty Secrets) by Sedona Venez
- Delicious Temptation (Entangled Brazen) (Delicious Desires) by Sabrina Sol
- Gemini Rising (Tempting Signs Book 3) by Ranae Rose
- Lucky Chance (Marine for You Book 1) by Marissa Dobson
- The Knockoff: A Novel by Lucy Sykes & Jo Piazza <— FASHION MAGAZINE COMEDY ALERT!!!
- Forget Me Not (Loveless and Dunn Series Book 3) by Erika Marks
- One Week in Hawaii (One Week in Love Book 2) by Alexis Anne, Audra North, Julia Kelly, Alexandra Haughton
- Saving Us (The Broken Series Book 2) by Heather D’Agostino
- The Sweetheart Deal by Polly Dugan <— DEAD HUSBAND’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “Leo has long joked that, in the event of his death, he wants his best friend Garrett, a lifelong bachelor, to marry his wife, Audrey. One drunken night, he goes so far as to make Garrett promise to do so. Then, twelve years later, Leo, a veteran firefighter, dies in a skiing accident…“
- Hot Shot by by MJ Fredrick <— FIREFIGHTER ALERT!!! She doesn’t want to fall in love with another man that puts his life in danger…
- Give and Take (Stories from Beauville Book 1) by Tigris Eden
- Secrets (Sebastian Trilogy Book 1) by by Janey Rosen
- It’s Not Me, It’s You by Mhairi McFarlane
- Girl Unseen by Kate Ellison <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! “Olivia Tithe’s best friend, Lucas Stern, was murdered by her mother. She went to jail, and everyone expects Olivia to move on. Especially Austin, a guy she’s drawn to even though she doesn’t trust him…“
- Not Vanilla – Voyeurism by Jennifer Lynne & Roz Lee <— SHE LOVES TO WATCH ALERT!!!
- Captured by You (Untamed) by Amber Hart
- Sugarbaby (Aidan Falls) by by Crystal Green <— ACCIDENTAL TEXT TO A BILLIONAIRE ALERT!! “…everything changed when I accidentally sent a “sext” to the wrong number—and ended up sharing some flirty exchanges. So when the mysterious, sexy Noah Reeves shows up at my job, I’m a bit shocked.“
- November Sky (Hardest Mistakes Book 2) by Dannielle Wicks
- Sunk by Renea Porter
- Revive (RedZone) by Tracey Martin <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! Sounds like it might have a bit of a “Never Never” feel to it… “Alone in a train station bathroom, Sophia Hernandez has no memory of who she is or how she got there. All she’s certain of are three things: her college ID is a lie, bad people are coming for her, and no one can be trusted…“
- Run Away by <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! “Drenched in blood and sitting in the sweltering interview room of a Thai police station, Kayla Finch knows that Sam, the love of her life, is dead. It doesn’t matter that there’s no body. All that blood can mean only one thing…“
- Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire – MAY 31st 2015!!!!
- Something Beautiful: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – August 16th 2015
- Dead Ice (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton – June 9th 2015
- A Shade of Vampire 14: A Dawn of Strength by Bella Forrest – June 10th 2015
- Ms. Manwhore by Katy Evans <— October 5th 2015
- Beautiful Burn: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 4) by Jamie McGuire – January 31st 2016
If only Gus was up for pre-order. I just have to rely on the author’s Facebook. Then watch, I get scared to read it due to all the feels.
Alright, now sobbing. She posted 8 hours ago to get people motivated, and the quote literally has me ready to ugly cry.
All of that great stuff up there, and what do I love the most…
The *squeeee* picture. 😉
LOL Amy!!!! I’m a happy girl! Couldn’t help but squee. 😉
Does anyone know if Ever Night is a stand alone or the beginning of a new series? Also, is it a re- release of an old book?
aack, too many on today’s list I want to read, and just when I’d decided to pick one from my tbr
Ever Night – one click – that one sounds totally like my kind of read.
Project: Killer by J.L. Beck was released this week. It is a great read. An awesome mix of intrigue with lots of romance.
Full Contact by Sidney Halston just went live for audio. Listening now and loving it
I’m starting to load the Romantic Times Book Lovers Convention photos into an album (still have a TON more to go) but keep checking here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.852950904759042.1073741826.133209813399825&type=1
Yay! My library has another Jandy Nelson.
MichelleS I’m a York with you. There is a line ” Bat. Bat. Bat.”, repeated in that book I just read. Made me smile each time. All day today it’d pop into my head and I’d smile like a dork.
“He has scores of messy brown curls that flop every which way and eyelashes so spider leg long and thick that when he blinks he looks like he’s batting his bright green eyes right at you.”
Her gram’s reaction when she meets Joe. “I daresay, the young gentleman batted his extraordinarily long eyelashes at me.”
” I want to hide from him and kiss him all at the same time.
And then:Bat. Bat. Bat.
Me too. Total dorky smile with every bat bat bat.
Ok, off to look at pictures.
Love the squeeeeee picture!!!
I think I read somewhere that there is going to be a sequel to Eternally North? Anyone know if this is true?
Shuttergirl sounds good. Think I’ll wait till book 2 comes out to read Falling For My Boss.
Whaaat, $12.99 for The Knockoff and The Sweetheart Deal! 🙁
Ghost hunting with Karina Halle. Sweet & terrifying.
Sugarbaby sounds like fun! I love it when there’s text messaging involved 😀
So, this was just a scene in my book.
“Hello. I am armed.” She waved the sanitizer in his face.”The world is going to spiral into a zombie apocalypse one day….unless we get proactive and do something. Its called germ warfare. Look it up. I’m doing my part.”
” That’s not what germ—Never mind. You fear zombies?”
“…..I’m actually looking forward to battling the undead. I plan to collect their heads like trophies.”
“Why was that so Damn sexy?”
Bev, what are you reading?? Sounds funny!!
Love all the pictures Maryse!! Especially the squee!! It’s so fun to get to see what some of our favorite authors look like:)
Niki it’s The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter. I’m only 60 pages in, so we will see were it goes.
Where it goes. *sigh*
Alright, it’s insanely quiet here. Why all the quietness?
Just finished Mermen and liked it. It was fun, though not as good as Fate book and King’s Trilogy. Still, enjoyable. *grins*
I still have to read other Gena Showalter books. I read two books in an angel series that was at the library and loved them. I should look into the third of those.
GUS IS LIVE!!!! —> https://amzn.to/1F2KIMX 😯 (Bright Side anyone?)
I just read a recap of GOT. WHAT. THE. ? Seriously, what are they doing? I find this change really upsetting. Stick to the books show writers.
Gus. Curious about this because of all the anticipation, but 99.9% I’m never reading Bright Side. Hmm maybe could read it as a stand alone sometime.
She’s two days early and WHO CARES? It’s mine!
I am NEVER going to be able to read Lord of the Fading Lands, am I? I thought, oh, nothing coming out until Friday. I’m in the mood for an excellent epic fantasy romance. It has fairies. Then, Gus hits. lol Now I’m torn from going with my first instinct, Fading Lands, or the Gus sobbing that might happen.
Whoa I had a lot saved up from the last two weeks!
Dare to Desire by Carly Phillips is FREE
Love in Between by Sandi Lynn is FREE
He Found Me by Whitney Barbetti is FREE
Translation of Love by Alice Tribue is FREE
Wanted by Kelly Elliott is FREE
Annihilate Me by Christina Ross is FREE
Deviant by Callie Hart is FREE
When You’re Ready by JL Berg is FREE
Ruin Me by Jessica Sorensen is FREE
Loved by You by Kate Perry is FREE
Trying Not to Love You by Megan Smith is FREE
The Warning by Jonas Saul is FREE
Renegade by Erica Stevens is FREE
Come Undone by Jessica Hawkins is FREE
The Hostile Operations Boxed Set is FREE
Van Laven Chronicles by Tyler Chase is FREE
Grounded by GP Ching is FREE
Without You Here by Carter Ashby is FREE
French Connection by MS Parker is FREE
Scorned by Pamela Ann is FREE
Bite Me by CC Wood is FREE
One Year Love by Devon Hartford is FREE
Silent No More by NE Henderson is FREE
Rocky Ride by Vivian Arend is FREE
Game Changer by Rene Folsom is FREE
Scarred by Kylie Walker is FREE
Almost Matched by AO Peart is FREE
Planning an Addiction by Deanndra Hall is FREE
The Publicist Book One and Two by Christina George is FREE
The Invitation by Erika Wilde is FREE
The Kiss by Erica M Christensen is FREE
The Dead Celeb by Michele Scott is FREE
Who I Was by Kasidy Blake is FREE
The Pride of the King by Amanda Hughes is FREE
Hungry Moon-Quicksilver by Claudy Conn is FREE
The Bane by Keary Taylor is FREE
Serpent of Time Book 1 & 2 by Jennifer Melzer are FREE
Secrets in Blood by Patricia D Eddy is FREE
Night After Night and The Seductive Nights by Lauren Blakely are FREE
Guarding Suzannah by Norah Wilson is FREE
Malice by Amity Hope is FREE
The Warrior’s Woman by Calle J Brookes is FREE
Otherwise Complete: Evan Arden Trilogy by Shay Savage is .99
Carnage by Lesley Jones is .99
Fear of Falling by SL Jennings is .99
Slade by Victoria Ashley is .99
Playing Games by Jessica Clare is .99
Packaged by Angela Graham is .99
Elicit and Fall by Rachel Van Dyken are .99
Dirty Bad Wrong by Jade West is .99
The Beautiful Mess Series by TK Leigh is .99
Determined to Obey by CJ Roberts is .99
Locke by Harper Sloan is .99
Garrett by Sawyer Bennett is .99
Ace’s Redemption by AC Bextor is .99
Loving Colt by CA Harms is .99
Broken by Skyla Madi is .99
Inevitable Detour by SR Grey is .99
Jag by Stevie J Cole is 1.99
Stone Walls by AM Madden is .99
Her Soldier by HJ Bellus is .99
Filthy Beautiful Lust by Kendall Ryan is 3.99
Beautiful Burn by Adriane Leigh is 2.99
Out of the Shadows by Tiffany King is 3.99 (preorder)
Faithful by SA Wolfe is .99
Enslaved by Elisabeth Naughton is 1.99
Prince of Demons 1-3 Box Set by Victoria Danann is .99
The Hellions Ride Series Book 1 & 2 by Chelsea Camaron are .99
The Emerald Isles Trilogy Boxed Set by Renee Vincent is .99
Highland Heroes Boxed Set by Eliza Knight is .99
My Highland Spy by Victoria Roberts is 1.99
Her Perfecf Mate by Paige Taylor is 1.99
Bloodmagic by Helen Harper is 2.99
When Darkness Comes by Alexandra Ivy is 1.99
The Peyton Clark Series Book 1 & 2 by HP Mallory are 1.99
Love Scars by Nicole Snow is .99
Defiant Surrender by Tamara Gill is .99
The Magicians by Lev Grossman is 2.99
The Best Kind of Trouble by Lauren Dane is 1.99
Hardwired by Meredith Wild is 2.99
Lead Me Not by A Meredith Walters is 1.99
Darker Waters by Lauren Stewart is .99
The Beautiful Ashes by Jeaniene Frost is 4.99
For Love of the Duke by Chrsti Caldwell is .99
It Must Be Your Love by Bella Andre is .99
Lost Wishes by Kelly Gendron is .99
Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies by Molly McAdams are 1.99
Storm Siren by Mary Weber is 1.99
Just thinking about Bright side makes me cry. Don’t know if I can read Gus. I think I’m ok with not knowing anymore of the story. *I think*
Tessa! Seriously? You are ditching Rain – the LORD of the Fading Lands… King of the Fey… For some dude named Gus? Someday you’ll get to it and I bet you’ll be swept away like I was. Hands down best epic fantasy, best Fae novel EVUH!
I didn’t read Bright Side so I can say that about Gus, cause I know nada about him!
*gasp* GUS!!!!!!!! I’m finishing up with Gavin and Emily and then I’m gonna find out what Gus has been up to!!! I think a loosening of my emotional pressure valve is in my VERY near future. 😉
Holy crap, Michelle…thank you for that head-spinning list!
If you can handle tears, read Bright Side. I normally can’t stand crying books, but that one gutted me. The story was a word I never use to describe books, beautiful. And Nope. Going with my gut which says, NO CRYING! So, Fae men for me. I’m on chapter one! *grins*
Though, Gus… *sighs* He stole my heart in Bright Side. If I’m right, he could be kicking a top five BBF off the list. He was that awesome.
Oh Jeeeeeaaaannnn…where you at in UTEOTW? *crosses arms and taps foot* I’ll be watching for your update…
Yey Tessa you made the right choice 😉 Prepare to be blown away by awesomeness!
Yes Jean update us, is it still workin for ya?
Awwwww, I just saw a baby bird chasing it’s mama around with it’s mouth open trying to get fed (it’s still VERY light outside here at this time!), and all I could think about was Maryse and her baby bird mouth waiting for us to toss penises at her. *giggle*
OMG!!!!!!!! PEANUTS!!!!!!! Freaking mother-effing stupid autocorrect!!! WTH!!!! I’m gonna die from embarrassment. O. M. G.
I’m just gonna go wait outside for the next UPS truck to go by so I can toss myself in front of it…
HOLY HELL, AMY!! LMAO. Losing it here.
Oh, Amy. Literally tears running down my face, hunched over laughing at that visual.
So…I’m..hey, how many times a day are you texting about penises?
Heh, see mine wants to change penises to ponies. I think you have a much more exciting life.;-)
LOL MichelleS just cracked me up hard!!! “Some dude named Gus” <--- *snort* 😛
Maryse just fainted upon reading Amy’s comment.
Maryse is so distraught and laughing her lungs up, that she is now referring to herself in the third person.
Maryse likes PEANUTS. 😛
*covers face with hands*
I’m about fifty shades of red right now.
AMY!!! HAHAHAHA! I just can’t! Lol! That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read in a while! LMAO!!
I was reading Remind Me but it didn’t hook me so I started reading yesterday Place Your Betts by Katie Graykowski and really liking it so far!
I want to read something by Kristen Ashely next. I’ve only read The Gamble and remember loving it! So to all of you KA fans out there what’s your favorite book or which one should I read next?
laughing so hard *legs crossed tightly* gonna pee my pants
BEST worst autocorrect of the year goes to…drumroll…
*peeks through fingers at Maryse*
I promise never to throw THOSE at you.
Oh lord…that visual… *snorrrrrrrt*
I still can’t believe that just happened…
Although I love you guys for laughing at me over it… 😉
MARYSE DOESN’T UNDERSTAND MOST ACRONYMS ALERT!!!
Er…. what is: UTEOTW??
Lemme try ‘n guess.
Understanding the Earths Other Terrific Wonders.
Wait. That sounds like learning. 😕
Michelle, I’m kind of overwhelmed.
hahahahaha Amy. Best typo ever!
That last didn’t get a submit button hit before I went outside. Though, it should have a thank you Michelle added to it.
Maryse… Until the End of the World. *grins*
UTEOTW = Until the End of the World 😉
Michelle and I got Jean to read it, and the last we heard she was loving it!
Amy, Amy, Amy, make MichelleS read Bright Side. She’ll fall for Some Guy named Gus too!
With you, Amy. With you. Seriously you just gave me a belly laugh on a random Wednesday night. Thanks.
I just wish you’d kept going and listed all the types of peanuts we were throwing.
Pshh…since when do we like learning books unless we are learning about rock stars, bikers, alpha-jerks, fae, vampires, etc.?
Oh. Well duh… I should have known that. LOL!!!! 😀
No…YOU guys list the types of pea— I’m having a hard time trusting my autocorrect right now and can’t even bring myself to type the word. 😛
Aww Amy we love you!!
I need to read Bright Side too! Just a quick question is there a HEA?
OMG Amy I spit-laughed my water all over the place. Auto-correct is such a wonderful thing!!
Now I’m thinking about the locker scene in The Deal; so many shapes and sizes!!! hahahahaha 😉
I think UTEOTW is one of our longest acronyms ever around here. 😉
Okay Tessa, I’m a-gonna try! Yep, she needs to fall for a guy named Gus along with the rest of us.
Anne, Anne, Anne…you know we’re not gonna answer that!! 😛 All I’ll say is it is a pretty freaking awesome ugly-cry-but-beautiful story. The BEST kind!
All I’m going to say is I cried.
OMG!! The locker room scene!!!
The locker room scene = best scene this year.
I nominate Michelle for longest freebie list of the year. Thank you Michelle.
You’re on a roll ladies, right over the red carpet.
Thanks, Michelle. Grabbed a few of the free ones and Evan, just to read the last. It will take me awhile to go through the rest.
Anne, yeah no spoilers on here. And if you ever want the majority of the ladies to read a book, tell them it made you ugly cry.
Speaking of, Maryse have I ever mentioned these two books that made me cry and cry and cry? One had ponies the other highschool kids..
Mmmm ok I need to meet this Gus guy so I better read Bright Side soon! Amy just knowing it’s a beautiful story is enough 🙂
Ooohh the locker scene!! Oh yes the locker scene! Yes! Yes! Yes! Lol!
Rofl Too much you guys. Locker scene is awesome.
Anne, it really was beautiful, and I honestly can’t think of any book I’d say that about.
Bev ROFL Yeah… ugly cry. Especially over those ponies…
Award for most, er, cringe-worthy description of a…ya know…goes to Tarryn Fisher in Marrow: “….a shriveled mushroom of a thing.”
Maryse, just saw your video clips. Very cute. How tall is RK Lilley?
Lets see, we threw salted peanuts, chocolate peanuts, and candy peanuts….
Amy eeww. What’s that even supposed to mean? Lol
It makes me glad I haven’t read Marrow, that’s for sure.
MichelleS! I see his name and think of Rand Al Thor for some odd reason. I’ll try to get past that, but it’s seriously throwing me. I expect a bunch of random people with back-stories who aren’t important to appear now! 😛 Seriously though, that keeps happening as I read it! Argh.
Bev! Johanna Lindsey released a new Western Romance! That one has to be good, right? It’s Johanna Lindsey!
Amy, you are soo funny. I think I would throw myself under a bus too.
But has any one read virtuous (quantum trilogy 1) then valorous 2 then victorious 3. By m.s force. So good, very similar to love unscripted. Best I’ve read in ages.
Lol, Tessa. I’ll have to look it up. I didn’t realize she was still writing.
Whoa. My last comment says waiting for moderation.
Amy, look what you did with your “peanut” talk. 😉
Ooooooh, I got us some mass punishment ’round here!! 😛
Melinda, you had me at Love Unscripted…love those celebrity stories!!
First line Thursday, courtesy of Bev!!
“Every step I take is heavier than the one that came before it.” ~ Gus by Kim Holden
Oh, and for those who are/will be reading Gus…
You’re welcome!! *giggles and dives into blankie cave to hide*
*wrenches out heart* Crap Amy!
First line. “The tairen were dying.”
Lord of the Fading Lands by CL Wilson
At least not pure uck, right? This one makes you a little curious.
Oh, I have the boring line today.
“Brook Lynn Dillon was not a fan of mornings.”
~The Closer You Come by Gena Showalter
“Grab my hand! I got you,” I said real soft, the helicopter lifting off the ground as Duke grabbed Snake Eyes’ hand. I was trying to play as quiet as I could– my mama was banged up again and I didn’t want to wake her where she was sleeping up in her room.”
Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
I’m finally reading it. It is sooooo good!!
After this one though, I need a book that the author has not tortured the characters, not put them through hell. I’m open to any recommendations. I dont care what genre the book is in. I know you ladies will through for me. 🙂
Oh no Bev. That is not a boring line. I totally relate to it and love to hear someone else express the feeling. In spite of the fact I get up while its still dark out, I really, really, really waking up early.
That sounded even better with the Hate after, Fabi. Totally emphasizes it. *grins* Good happy read? Spencer or Hyde and Seek. Both gave me big smilies.
Really? I’ve had Spencer in my sights. So no torturing the characters in that one? My stomach needs a break.
Fabi, Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister. I have been wanting to re read forever to see if I still love it. You can do it for me, lol.
Ooh. Katie MacAlister is always funny and happy. I absolutely love her Aisling Grey series. All the dragon series, but especially Aisling. *grins*
No torturing anyone in Spencer. It had me giggling a lot. The tweets of anger alone were worth it. It’s a hate/ love type book.
Amy, why did I click on that link. So sad, which is why I’m not reading Gus right now!!
Just finished Hyde and Seek. Not sure who recommended it, but it was really good. Can’t wait for book 2 about Kase.
Melinda I’m adding that to my tbr since I loved, Love Unscripted.
I’m going to go with Spencer next. Its a standalone right? Not the beginning of a series with a cliffhanger?
Not sure if I’m reading Carter Reed or Shuttergirl next.
“Douchebag’s here.” Tijan. Carter Reed.
“Los Angeles is mine.” CD Reiss, Shuttergirl.
Spencer is a standalone. *grins*
Carter Reed has the better first line, but then I’m biased because I loved it.
These are cleansing tears. Really. They are.
LOL!!! Cleansing tears… *snort* I bet. 😛
Amy! You’re killing me. That on top of Fading Land making me all antsy and eep-ish… Foretelling in fantasy can lead to much antsiness and eepishness. There is sooooo much foretelling!
On this blog I read, Scandalicious, they have a segment of rapid fire questions at the end of interviews. I always enjoy those. Thought I’d steal the idea and couple questions. You can answer or let me talk to myself, which I do a lot.
Last song on repeat?
Coffee or tea?
First couple you shipped for?
Thirteen by Big Star
Anne Shirley & Gilbert Blythe ~ movie & book.
Oh I wanna play!!!
Last song on repeat? Ultraviolence by Lana Del Rey
Favorite scent? Anything dessert smelling. Cookies!!
Coffee or tea? Coffee
First couple you shipped for? I dunno? shipped… For?
Thursday seems to be most on here busy days. For me it sometimes ends up a quiet day. Lol.
Last song on repeat – When You Were Young by The Killers
Favorite Scent – First rain as it hits the hot concrete. It’s literally the smell of Winter for me and the Holiday seasons approaching.
Coffee or tea – Coffee. Hate tea.
First couple you shipped for – Huh? Like an Amazon order?
Successfully Dev Peltier and Samia No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Unsuccessfully – Sarah Strange and Mal or Keiran – Strange Fate by LJ Smith. The book STILL hasn’t been released. They never did give me my seven dollars back, since I forgot that account information. (It’s been sixteen years. :P)
Tessa – don’t give up on Lord of the Fading Lands. Michelle will chime in and agree, I’m sure. It is sooooo worth it in the end. There’s a lot to take in at first, and it slowly unfolds, but when it does… man, it doesn’t get better than that.
I guess I’ll give this Gus guy a chance. bright Side, huh? I remember it vaguely. There was a bunch of sobbing happening, so I stayed away. I wasn’t in the mood for crying or anyone dying at the time. Does someone die? Don’t tell me……
First line Thursday: “My grandmother had this saying she’d always tell me when I was down about life. This too shall pass.” Where One Goes, by BN Toler
Oh I’m not giving up. I’m loving it, but that doesn’t stop the antsy EEEP feeling from happening. When it does, I go somewhere else, watch a song, play solitaire, post here… lol Then, back to reading. Did you see how many times I posted last night? *grins* ANTSY!
Oh and the other name is no longer going through my head. I never did finish the Wheel in Time series. Too many people and it became pure torture to read.
I loved Spencer! Fun and not angsty so yaay lol
I am almost finished with Place Your Betts and really liking it. Gabe is one sexy cowboy. Yeeehah lol
Think my next read is going to be Motorcycle Man by the great KA. It seems many love that book 😀
MichelleS I LOVED Where One Goes. Its such a unique story! I did cry a little but its a beautiful story.
Yes MichelleS, you gotta give Bright Side and Gus a try! BS will put you through a gamut of emotions but it’s such a beautiful ride. And silly girl…you know better than to try and get a spoiler out of us!! 😛
Uh, Bev? What’s that last question mean, first couple you shipped for? *scratches head*
OMG guys, Collide is so good. I love Gavin and that Emily, she is something else… Those bottle caps tho…..Can’t wait to read Pulse…
Pulse was just as good. *grins* Enjoy!
I was wondering that too, Amy! I thought, maybe, shipped to your house. I could soooo be wrong.
Anne, I’ve barely read any KA books so far, but Motorcycle Man was one and oh so sweet!
Last song on repeat? Bailando
Favorite scent? Downey, I know weird but Downey fresh sheets and a good book is a happy childhood memory that continues to be my fave.
Coffee or tea? Tea all the way
First couple you shipped for? First couple I rooted for?
Song: “Thinking out loud” Ed Sheeran (what a doll baby this guy is)
Scent: Cool Water, by Davidoff (for a guy – just love this smell!!!)
Coffee or Tea: both, but Coffee is the sure fire winner here!
First Couple: I don’t get this question – if it’s first couple of books shopped for online at amazon for kindle? then that would be Immortals After Dark #1 and #2 back in 2010.
Heh, amazon shipping. I really am the only nerd on here.
I love that you are answering and your answers. 🙂
Shopped for online~ oh I love this.
Shane is right. Like I always wanted Sam/Diane together from cheers.:-(
Or right now I ship Oliver/ Felicity.
Gah, I should of stuck with the Scandalicious qs. Lol.
Oh, then Shipping would be Elizabeth Wakefield and Bruce Patman. I seriously had a crush on him when I was eleven, twelve… now…
OH! I just read all about “shipping” – I am so behind the times!!! So apparently a popular one was Kirk/Spock!!! LOL. Let me think about this.
So this is an easy one – Butch and “V” – BDB!!!!!
Tessa, did you ever read the adult Sweet Valley book?
I’ve never read Butch’s book. It seems like a lot of people want them together.
Amy, did you finish Collide?
I did, then pretended I didn’t. I did like the idea of they ended up together, but Elizabeth and Jessica switched personality, Todd became ultra not sexy jerk (which he already was imo) and cheated on Elizabeth with Todd and Bruce became wimpy. So, I pretend it never happened. Oh, and their older brother, Steven, ends up gay for NO REASON. Of all the characters to be gay, he doesn’t make sense.
Ugh, Tessa. I just went and read the Elizabeth Wakefield wiki page. That kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Long term affair between Jess & Todd? Liz cheating on him? I don’t remember them being like that at all. Ick.
Thus why I said, in my mind, the story never happened. Now, I just read, she breaks up later with Bruce. Pfft. All which again, never happened as far as I’m concerned. Those books are just bad after the first 100.
Maryse, shipping is apparently putting two people in a relationship in your head. We are all newbs about it, yep!
Ok that was a bad question, lol.
I should of stuck to favorite season or flowers, etc.
You ladies should think of some.
BTW mine are fall & sweet peas. 😉
Oh and this book, Lord of the Fading Lands, ugh, evil people! The bad guy is making me all tense. So I’m going to go from intense antsy to Gus, “cleansing” tears. Why does this not sound like a good idea? Right now, I’m at 76% of Fading Lands. Stupid bad guy!
Winter and African Daisies.
For desert scent, Christmas Biscuits by Frostbeard candles. Smells like cookies and Christmas trees. They wanted to create the scent of the Weasley home during the holiday.
Love this game!
Last song on repeat? Harder to Breath- Maroon 5
Favorite scent? Vanilla!
Coffee or tea? Tea
First couple you shipped for? Emma Swan and Killian Jones (Captain Hook) from Once Upon a Time. Love that show!
Tessa I am excited to start Motorcycle Man 😀
Sorry I’m late to the party. Been out all afternoon.
last song on repeat? Demons by Imagine Dragons (cause I was learning the guitar chords for it)
Favorite scent? Used to be black cherry but recently…hmm idk
Coffee or tea? Both
First couple you shipped for? I can’t think of one that didn’t get together.
Bev, I did finish Collide and Pulse and loved them!! The only thing that was odd to me was the whole – trying not to be spoilery here – “event” at the 4th of July party at his house in Pulse. It just seemed, I dunno, kinda pointless I guess. *shrug* Other than that they were FUN!!!
And they *are* cleansing tears so nanny-nanny-boo-boo! I know Gus is going to be okay but she is making me…er, HIM work for it. 😉
YAY! Bev always comes up with fun stuff!!
Last song on repeat (last song played from playlist is gonna have to work here): Falling Man by Blonde Redhead <—— *gasp* I just realized how much that is Z's song!!!
M'kay, let's try this again without the all my extra babbling:
Last song: Falling Man by Blonde Redhead
Favorite scent: Go Go Goji by Scentsy
Coffee or tea: COFFEE!!!!
First couple you shipped for: Doug and Carol from ER 😀
Z for BDB?
And you ladies are very sweet to play along when I get bored. 🙂
Fabi, you might like The Sky is Everywhere. It is YA and two of the characters play music instruments.
Fabi that’s so cool that you play the guitar! I tried to learn but failed 🙁
Just finished Place Your Betts and it was very sweet and cute. It had a Harlequin feel to it which I don’t mind from time to time.
That one sounds good Bev. Right up my alley.
Anne its always a work in progress.
Bev – so now that I know what “shipping” actually is, I can’t stop thinking about it! I think Maryse needs a whole thread on it.
How could I have forgotten about Lothaire and Nix??? And they DIDN’T get together. Biggest disappointment in IAD for me. He ends up with hick girl, remember? ugh!
Tessa – so did you squirrel away from Lord of the Fading Lands? Hopefully not. Book one is the slowest. It’s crazy good after that. Yup – he is the baddest of the bad for bad guys in books for me. And it gets worse. Poor Elfeya and Shan.
Guys, I’m in such a book funk. I haven’t found anything that I enjoy lately… is it crazy that I haven’t read The Opportunist series? Is that something I should tackle?
It IS something you should tackle. It’s fantastically written, full of emotion (lots of angst) and SO SO SOOOOO GOOD!
I forgot a shipping that I had when I was like six? I watched Voltron and wanted Princess Romelle to end up with the evil Prince Lotor. I loved Prince Lotor. Yep, even at six, I liked the bad boys more than the heroes.
MichelleS, just finished it last night. I did love it. I gotta wait two weeks for book two, but it will be mine. It had all the things I love in epic fantasy. Politics, intrigue, a whole world to enjoy, and fey! Also, a cat who hates magic. 😛 I wanted more of that cat. I really liked all the characters, honestly. Well, not the bad guy. Him I hate. HATE! Just pure ugh. Slow… well, it paced fast, though I was surprised how little time passed in the story.
Also, I liked hick girl. I never liked Nix for Lothaire. He’s not strong enough for her, honestly. He’s a great friend, but whoever ends up with Nix has to be able to help her with her mind, and Lothaire is too far gone to be of help to anyone. His hick girl helps him. She soothes the insanity. Now Nix… he’s gotta be super strong, maybe even able to take some of the visions onto himself to help her.
Now… Gus. *rips out heart* I won’t need that.
I need to read The Opportunist series too!
Started Motorcycle Man last night and loving it! Tack is so alpha but sweet at the same time I just *swoon*
Yes, yes, YES to The Opportunist, Nikki and Anne!!! Forget breaking the mold…TF made her own freaking mold with that one. 😉
I haven’t ready anything by TF! *hides* lol Need to change that soon!
So what are you guys reading now?
Nikki – I second (or third?) that recommendation! yes. Definitely read the Opportunist. Loved it.
I am still reading Where One Goes. It’s weird to read this slow. Life is busy right now and I am at a snail’s pace compared to my usual. It’s really good, though.