Lots of great news today!! Snippets, teasers, books going to TV, Best Sellers, it goes on and on. Fantastic look into our fabulous book world, and every bit of this news merits celebration! Plus, news on what I’m reading next!
Sarah asked me what I’m currently reading (since we all had so much fun reading “Real” together), so here is what I decided on:
Sarah: Maryse what is on your TBR list? I finished Real this am and loved it Im waiting for a bunch of releases at the end of the month like everyone else but now I’m in need of another good book Please Help.
Maryse’s Book Blog: I’m wondering that myself… gonna sample a few and I’ll let you guys know which one hooked me.
Maria: Hey Maryse have you read Blind Obsession by Ella Frank??? If you haven’t you should I’m half way through it and I LOVE it!!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: Thanks Maria!! On my TBR list. Emma said it was on her top 2013.
Emma: Yes, I sure did and I have not been able to find a good book to read since. I think I may try New Life by Bonnie Dee.
Britton: I just finished it and am left numb. So well written, with passion, and love of music
Kirsten: It’s so good but so disturbing Maryse.
Maryse’s Book Blog: Oh you had me at disturbing!!!!
Emma: Kirsty just finished it and she can’t even speak/write or go to sleep. I sent her virtual tissues and hugs.
After that… how could I resist? The “highly recommended” recommendations from my fellow readers just keep coming and I’m freaking out!! I gotta see what all of this buzz is about. So Blind Obsession by Ella Frank is on the roster for me tonight. Very excited to feel disturbed and everything else some of you need tissues over.
- Jamie McGuire’s fantastic Walking Disaster: A Novel is currently #1 on the NYT’s Best Seller’s List!!!! And USA Today!!! Congratulations Jamie and Travis. *heart* —> look at the awesome “image-thingie” her publisher, Atria, made to celebrate the news! *happy wiggle*
- Colleen Hoover has just signed a two book deal with Atria!! Check out her blog post! So now we have FOUR new books to look forward to, from Colleen. This Girl, Losing Hope, Maybe Someday & Ugly Love. YAY COLLEEN!!!
- Sylvia Day news!! Guess what you guys?! Kristen just emailed me with this good news —> The Crossfire Series (Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel) has been optioned for a TV show. When asked on Twitter about the rumor, she answered:
Sylvia Day: Rumors, really? In this case, they’re true. Nothing to share beyond that, but exciting nonetheless. 🙂
- Kristen Ashley’s “Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel” is rocking the Best Selling charts as we speak. Congratulations Kristen!! She just Facebook’d:
“Okay, so I was pretty chuffed when I hit #80 on the USA Today Bestseller list. I am now absolutely FLOORED that I hit #10 on the NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller list (digital), #13 (digital and paperback) and #Twenty-freaking-Five on USA Today overall. Right. Freaking. On!”
- Abbi Glines just posted her last “Twisted Perfection” (Woods’s book in her “Too Far Series“) teaser before it’s release (April 22nd!!). Check it out on her blog!!
- Congratulations to Maggi Myers (author of The Final Piece) for her new 2-book deal with Amazon Publishing!!! Beautifully written and at times, dark, but so good! She says:
“Well, it’s official! I have accepted a two book deal with Amazon Publishing for The Final Piece and my currently untitled WIP. Thank you so much for your support and for walking this crazy journey with me! I ♥ you all!!”
- Richelle Mead (author of latest release, The Indigo Spell: A Bloodlines Novel) updates us with this year’s signing schedule on her blog. Also! Some news about the next book in her series: The Fiery Heart: A Bloodlines Novel! Release is expected on November 19th 2013.
- P.C. Cast fans!! The next book in the house of night series (Revealed (House of Night Novels) will be released October 15th 2013.
- Maya Banks posts a snippet of her upcoming Forged in Steele (A KGI NOVEL) but she warns us —> Not for under 18’s!
- Shelly Crane posts us a treat!! Wide Awake’s Additional Epilogue (6 months later)… only read it if you’ve read WIDE AWAKE.
- J. Sterling (author of The Perfect Game) was featured in this article!! Congratulations, Jenn!!
- Monica Murphy’s latest release (Second Chance Boyfriend (Drew + Fable)) is #9 on Amazon!! She offers a snippet of a deleted scene (and then the full scene, shortly) in celebration!
- e-book bargain alert!! Angie Stanton’s Dream Chaser!
- Jessica Sorensen treats us to the prologue of “Breaking Nova” (the current book she’s working on). She says:
“Okay, so I think a few of you have heard me mention my side project I work on whenever I need a break from the story I’m working on or edits–the NA Contemp. called Breaking Nova. Well, I’m sitting here doing a little revising on it and thought what the hell. I’ll put up the prologue on my blog.”
Ha…. that darn Emma had quite a bit to say about Blind Obsession. She must really be *obsessed* with Blind Obsession *tee hee*
I hope you feel it as much as we all did 😉
Awesome releases. We’re in book heaven!! And, Travis is to die for, Jamie really out-did herself. Shouting out a congrats to her for being #1. She deserves it!!
So excited for the crossfire serie ! I can’t wait to be able to watch Gideon Cross every week ! Lol
I cannot wait to read your review on Blind Obsession. I just finished it this afternoon and am totally speechless. I may have developed a slight obsession with this book!
51% in and loving this book.Going to be a late night for sure!
I love your updates Maryse. Are you on goodreads?
LOVED Wide Awake! Thank you for that!
Just finished blind obsession. And well…I’m not really sure what to say. I feel like i need to read it again because i’m not sure i will be able to find something else to read right now that will fill this void i have from the story being over. Beautiful. Can’t wait to hear your review.
Favorite book: Are you there God, it’s me Margaret by Judy Blume. Thanks for a chance to win!
My favorite book of all time is from my childhood. It is called a very little princess. Not to be confused with a little princess. It is a wonderful book about a princess who is scared about the baby that is coming. That she will be forgotten about. Then once her little brother arrives. She loves him so much and enjoys being a big sister.
Sadly it is no longer in print. I treasure my copy.
Ok – I am a little behind but just finished The Final Piece by Maggi Myers and it is a 5 star read all around!! Loved, loved this book. Beth, Ryan and Tommy captured my heart from the start! So well written. I smiled, laughed and cried!! On the top of my list for 2013!