Ahhhh two separate readers after my own heart! I just received both of these requests recently (and since this is one of my favorite genres), I figured I’d post both their questions and see what else we can come up with!
Dena: I became obsessed with psychological thrillers lately. Mainly because I always also loved books like Consequences etc and reading books like Behind closed doors now which is like more likely what would happen in reality haha. Does anyone has a good recommendation for good psychological thrillers?
Preethi: Hi Maryse,
I have been a huge fan of this blog page. It give me a list of all types of books i m looking for. Just loved this page.
I have a request. can you list few more books in Below genre
1.) Romantic thriller books. Only thing i can think in that genre is “Into the light and Away from the dark by Aleatha Romig”.
2.) Bring down a cult practice/ operation or something like that
3.) Romantic suspense series.
Sure!! I’m on it. In fact, I already have a bunch of excellent reads right here to sort through:
- a list of psych-thrillers <— right here (our very favorites and everything tagged “psychological thriller” on the blog),
- a list of dark-reads <— (our very favorites and everything tagged “dark read” on the blog, including heroines held hostage, Stockholm Syndrome and more),
- dark romance reads
- The Ultimate Book List of Innocent and Sheltered Heroines (raised in a cult, strict or abusive upbringings etc…) and everything tagged “sheltered heroines” on the blog. Also everything tagged “Abuse” (heroines experiencing and/or escaping abusive situations)
but since I read these frequently, I’m dying to add more to our repertoire!
Any more favorites to recommend? Let us know! 🙂
Kimberly: Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1) by CJ Roberts was my first foray in to the dark side. One book that also took me out of my comfort zone yet was curiously arousing in the same way was Deliver by Pam Godwin.
Rae: I couldn’t read Deliver. It was too near the grain as I have three boys so I didn’t finish it.
Kimberly: I can see how that would be a trigger!?
Kelly: Tillie Cole’s Hades Hangman series MC and cult
Nay: Off the top of my head, the dark romantic suspense or psych thrillers that I’ve loved lately were:
1) The Five by Lily White (warning–it’s dark, but we did a buddy read on GR and EVERYONE 5-starred it)
2) Verity by Colleen Hoover
3) Bloodstained Beauty by Ella Fields
4) Cold Cole Heart by K. Webster (If you’ve read her work, you know this is dark. I absolutely loved it!)
5) Mindf*ck Series by S.T. Abby (I’ve read the first 3 and loved them so far. Still need to finish)
6) The Kind Worth Killing: A Novel by Peter Swanson
7) The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
Reni: Jettie Woodruff’s Underestimated series and the Twin Duo series. Woodruff puts you through the wringer. Difficult to even like the heroes here
Sarah: The Fire He Started by Sarah Connor (me) which I believe you currently have would be a great choice for readers looking for something on the darker side while being a psychological thriller and containing elements of romance!
Fay: Elise Noble is an amazing author. Her books are awesome Romantic thrillers. You will absolutely love the main lady. Emmy kicks ass!! Start reading the Blackwood Security series, you will not be disappointed. Pitch Black is the first book and I am super jealous of anyone that gets to start this series. I’ll just have to settle on rereading them again.