So! Who’s in recovery mode from the last few MEGA Christmas days? I think I fell asleep last night at 10:30pm and slept straight through until 8:30am this morning. TEN HOURS of full sleep!! But truth be told, I could have gone to sleep at 8pm last night and done the same thing. 12 hours of sleep.? I’m sure I could have. WOW! Yeah, I was exhausted
But! Time to gear up for the New Year and celebrate that big day, along with posting my favorites from 2014, in just a couple of days. I’m working on that as we speak.
Sooooo… what’d'jall get? Books? Kindles? iPads? Snuggly blankets, fuzzy slippers and pj’s to read in? LOTS and LOTS of hugs?? <— MY FAVORITE! Did you guys come across any fantastic new (or old) books that you’d like to recommend to us to kick off our new year? I know a few of us are all ears!
Like Pam. She asks:
Pam: Alright fellow readers…. I haven’t been motivated to read in over a month. The last book I read was NOCTE and loved it. HELP….I need your 5* , couldn’t put down reccs. I just wanna read and be completely captivated.
Lauren: I’ve said it before & I’m saying it again…. Love In Rewind by Tali Alexander. Or the Corps Security books by Harper Sloan. Best mob romance I’ve read in a while is The Boss’s Love by Casey Clipper. Terrible title so I almost didn’t buy it but it was excellent! Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan….can’t forget that one. Major 5*
Jennifer: I’m in a book slump as well. The last several books I’ve read we’re let downs. The last books I read that I couldn’t put down was the Kathleen Turner Series by Tiffany Snow. They are free if you have kindle unlimited. Rainfall by Melissa Delport was amazing as well. The Blood & Roses Series by Callie Hart was awesome, too.
Stephanie Moles-Krayeski My favorite books of 2014 are: The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon, Black Lies by Alessandra Torre, Transcendence by Shay Savage, and Made: A Sempre Novel (Sempre Series). To read Made, I recommend that you read the entire Sempre Series, which are the best Mafia Romance Books that I have ever read! I also agree with Jennifer – the Kathleen Turner Series is absolutely phenomenal!
I agree with SO many of these awesome book recommendations. In fact, I’ve reviewed quite a few:
- Book Review – Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
- No Turning Back by Tiffany Snow
- Rainfall by Melissa Delport
- Black Lies by Alessandra Torre
- Transcendence by Shay Savage
- Sempre (Forever) by JM Darhower
And maybe we can find more 5-star books below (and from your recommendations in the comments below!)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <— The one that makes me *pok pok* chicken to read it, is on sale! And I know many have seen the movie, but Leanne recommends the book: “…the fault in our stars by john green another ugly crier much better than the movie, but they always are.” and Katherine agrees: “Out of all those books I would definitely say read The Fault in Our Stars first! I was scared to read it and now can’t believe it took me so long to read it! Enjoy!”
- Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest Series, Book 1) by Tijan <— Tessa HIGHLY LOVES THIS ONE!! RE-READ worthy!! She says: “I treated myself for Christmas by starting a re-read of the Fallen Crest Series for a sixth time. (I’m slightly addicted) Much hugs everyone! *hugs*” and Ann agrees! She says: “Must read after Beautiful Disaster (one of my all time favorites and I am a book addict!!!!!) ……Fallen Crest High Series. Mason – sigh….. “
- The Rebound Series: Complications, Distractions, Connections by Emilia Winters <— Aimee found us this bundled super-sale! “After the end of a six-year relationship with an emotionally abusive boyfriend, Olivia Ward wants nothing more than to forget her deceitful ex and rebuild her demolished self-confidence…” and then… a gorgeous man walks into her cupcake shop. Sounds good!
- Shame On You (Fool Me Once) by Tara Sivec <— Stephanie found out this entire series is on super-sale!
- Shame On Me (Fool Me Once) by Tara Sivec
- Shame on Him (Fool Me Once) by Tara Sivec
- Decker’s Wood by Kirsty Dallas <—- on super-sale and this title made many of us *snort*. But!! Linda loved it!! “l so just read a 5star book for me called Decker’s Wood!! Sooo outstanding!!! I had floating around on my tbr list and was ignoring it because of the cover. Do not let the cover deter you!! The reviews sucked me in and it was unputdownable!!!” (thanks for the find, Aimee!)
- Shield of Winter (Psy/Changeling Book 13) by Nalini Singh <— Not bargain priced (but close!) and MichelleS brought it to our attention asking
MichelleS: Reader Question about Psy-Changling Series: Book 13 made the “best books of 2014″ list I was just looking at and has really high ratings. Do I have to read the first 12 to enjoy it? I haven’t read ANY of this series. I always skipped over it when I was in my PNR craze… can I read just this one and be satisfied???
Sally: There’s a lot of world building in the early books so you really need to start at the beginning. Read them all…they’re brilliant. Most of them easily as good as 13.
MichelleS: I was afraid you would say that! I am not sure I have it in me anymore to read a 13 book series in one shot. DANG IT
Maryse: *giggle* Michelle you can do it. I’ve heard this series is AWESOME… (here’s the series reading order AND reader recommendations of it).
- Change of Hart by M.E. Carter <— Linda recommends this recent release that already has a ton of GREAT reviews! She says: “Maryse highly recommend Change of Hart by ME Carter if you haven’t posted it!! Absolutely loved the story. Just what my mood needed!!” FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! Meets a widow and her young son and his world changes… “I have a random meeting with a little boy that just lost his father. We have more in common than you might think and it creates an unlikely bond. As our friendship grows, so do my feelings for his mother.“
- Letters Home by Rebecca Brooke <— Michelle is thrilled about this one! “Thanks you so much for your suggestion of Letters Home! I bawled my eyes out but it was a great story, plus I got it on sale” Her boyfriend enlists in the army… “when life throws her a curve ball, how will she cope? Can she pick up the pieces and make her picture beautiful again?“
- Gravity: A Novel by L.D. Cedergreen <— Aimee found us this super-bargain too! Both of them… hiding away from everyone.. “Andrew Monroe was once an essential part of Gemma’s life but tragedy and misunderstanding shattered their bond, separating them. Now twenty years later, Gemma questions the coincidence of their newly intersected paths as she struggles to resist the sparks that ignite between them. Just when Gemma feels that she has found her second chance at happiness, she is faced with a shocking truth as her reality spirals out of control.” (GREAT reviews on this!)
- Most, if not all of Jaden Wilkes’ books on super-bargain today! <— Thank you Aimee!! Looks like a possible queen of DARK READS to discover. The blurbs all give me creepy goosebumps!
- Control Me (Barossa Series Book 1) by Elle Raven <— Aimee found us this bargain book. “The only person who can help her family is the multi-billionaire tycoon Max Brunetti. Can she trust him or will she be selling her soul to the devil himself? “
- Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes Book 2) by J.M. Darhower <— super-sale alert!!! Thanks to both Kat and Stephanie for this find!!
- Lost in Me (Here and Now Book 1) by Lexi Ryan <— Cheryl is reading this series! “Here and Now Series by Lexi Ryan. It is just what I was looking for when I said I wanted a love-triangle story. All 3 books are a high angst filled ride. Reminds me some of Thoughtless-one of the guys is a rock star and maybe also some of The Opportunist/Dirty Red…”
- Amour Amour by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie <— Niki recommends this recent release: “Just finished Amour Amour by Krista and Becca Ritchie! It pulled me out of my Kate Daniels book funk big time!!! Loved it!!”
- The Pentagram Child: Part 1 (Afterlife Saga Book 5) by Stephanie Hudson <— Okay NOT bargain priced but this is a new release that I missed out on, Tuesday so here it is and Marit is LOVING IT!!! She says: “I’m already on the Pentagram child by Stephanie Hudson, that got released on Saturday! The fift book in the Aftelife saga. It’s ripping my heart out :-O” P.S. Here’s the series reading order.
- His End Game (MMG Series Book 1) by R.B. Hilliard <— and she’s enjoying this one, too! She says: “Started one I found on my kindle called His End Game which is actually really good; a mysterious love story is my description:)” Oh yeah this sounds goooooood!! “Ellie Davis has finally begun to mend the pieces of her shattered heart. With a new job slinging drinks behind the bar at Charlotte’s latest hot spot and a crush on her deliciously sexy bar manager things are finally starting to look up. New job plus new man equals the perfect anecdote to help Ellie forget all about bad boy Max McLellan…or so she thinks.“
- Within These Walls by J.L. Berg <— back on the list ’cause it’s still bargain priced but also because Shell recommends it! “‘ Within These Walls ‘ is an awesome read, I loved it. Wonderfully written.”
- When It Rains (Rains Standalone Book 1) by Lisa DeJong <— She also recommends these that are currently on super-sale! :‘When it Rains’ series ( all 4 books) by Lisa Dejong. Beautifully written and emotion packed stories.” And here’s my own book review of “When it Rains“.
- After the Rain by Lisa DeJong
- Changing Forever (Rains Standalone Book 2) by Lisa DeJong
- Living With Regret (Rains Series Book 3) by Lisa DeJong
- The Bridge by Rebecca Rogers Maher <— Amy recommends this one saying: “I tend to avoid short stories because of the disconnect with the characters that comes from not having enough time with them, but *this* one had me all teary with a lump in my throat and I actually cared about them. Like, REALLY cared. And I really wanted things to be okay for both of them. It was a pretty emotional story but I loved it. “