Ooooh boy! This week is not a huge release week (I totally get why considering Christmas!! 😀 ), but I’ll keep my eyes open in case stuff goes live throughout the day. But mix today’s list with yesterday’s Monday Early Bird Book Releases, and there are still some great ones to choose from.
And while you’re here, don’t forget to check out:
- Donna Grant – Kindred Series Reading Order <— Today’s newsletter sponsor, and this series is now complete!!!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 1 year ago today, this was Kim’s favorites list: Reader Favorites – Kim’s Top Five Books of 2019 List
- 1 year ago today, these were Steph N’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Steph N’s Best Books of 2019 List
- 2 years ago, this was Tasha’s Best Of List: Reader Favorites – Tasha J’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 2 years ago, this was Rochelle’s Best Of List: Reader Favorites – Rochelle’s Best Books of 2018 List
- 4 years ago… if you could only choose one… Reader Favorites – Your favorite book from 2016 (you can only choose one!)
- 5 years ago, these were Kim’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Kim’s Top Reads for 2015
- 5 years ago, I totally got what everyone was raving about. 😉 Here’s my 5-STAR Book Review – Written In Red by Anne Bishop
- 6 years ago, this one threw me for a loop!! Book Review – Around The Bend by Britney King
- 7 years ago today, I 5-star LOVED & DEVOURED this Kristen Ashley book (and we’re looking for more like it). 😀 Book Review – The Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley
- 8 years ago today, everyone hated her. But I got a kick out of being in her POV… and I softened to her. Here’s my 5-star Book Review – Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher
- 9 years ago yesterday, he became my favorite Kristen Ashley brooding hero. My 5 star Book Review – Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
- 11 years ago yesterday, I was still deep into this vampire series. Book Review – Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔➔ AUDIBLE SUPER-DEAL for the first 6 months! 😲😲 Robin found us this one!!
- One More Round (The Cocktail Series) by Alice Clayton
- Heart of Fire: (Blood of Zeus: Book Two) by Meredith Wild and Angel Payne
- In The Capitol Series Collection One: Books 1-3 by B. Ivy Woods
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER ☃️🎄🎄☃️!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP SUPER-SALE!!! 😲 3 months for a super-bargain US, Canada and UK!! 😀
➔➔➔ AUDIBLE SUPER-DEAL for the first 6 months! Robin found us this one!!
- The Worth Saga Box Set 1: In the West by Courtney Milan <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE BOOK BUNDLE!! “…This is the first half of Courtney Milan’s Worth Saga—the half set in the West. Five books and novellas, plus one short story, together comprising 300,000 words…“
- Warlocks: A Box Set by L.M. Somerton <— BOOK BUNDLE!! “...Elemental warlocks are a rare breed. There are only four known to exist across North America and they don’t tend to advertise their talents. But when you have the power to control earth, air, fire and water there’s bound to be some drama, especially when one of the four is young and untrained…”
- Love in Store: A small town romance series surrounding the lives of four sisters by Avery Fox
- The Wives: A Novel by Tarryn Fisher <— KAT FOUND US THIS DEAL!!! WE LOVED IT!
Kat: Maryse The Wives is on sale… I know we both loved this twisty thriller from Tarryn
Maryse: OMG YESSSSSSS!!!! Loved that twist. And then that other twist!! Here’s my 5 STAR Book Review. 😀
Kim: The Wives by TF? That dark goddess can write!!!
- ALEX’S ATONEMENT (Midnight Sons) by Carmen DeSousa <— SUPER-BARGAIN AND NANCY FOUND IT & LOVED #1!!
Nancy: ALEX’S ATONEMENT (Midnight Sons) by Carmen DeSousa is now bargain priced …I love my Alaskan Books! The 1st book in this series, SAM’S FOLLY was good & on my Alaska Book Recommendation List. This Book 2 is a different couple & Been on my Wish List!
- Heart of Winter (The Drake Chronicles Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— RECENT RELEASE THAT I MISSED!! Randi found it. 😀
Nancy: Not sure if anybody mentioned it but Lauren Gilley release a new book. New series. Heart of Winter. The Drake Chronicles Book 1. Haven’t started it, but it should be good.
Jan: Thanks for posting, Randi. I might try that one. Fantasy, dragons, romance, Viking inspired mythology. Intriguing 😀 I struggled a bit with the Sons of Rome series. Too many vampires and not enough romance for me. But I will check this new series out. Lauren Gilley writes so well.
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Twice Bitten (Blood World Book 1) by Diana Greenbird <— SHE’S BEING STALKED!! “...only a few months away from her eighteenth birthday and the promise of being free from the foster system forever, Liv has to tackle Death’s latest hurdle: an irresistible vampire that Liv is literally being drawn to.When ignoring Emerson Lark becomes impossible, Liv’s only option is to figure out why a hundred year old vampire has decided to return to school..”
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- Take Me Away (Southern Bride Book 6) by Kelly Elliott <— SHE HAS NO IDEA WHO HE IS!! “...I need the adrenaline rush like I need my next breath. I’m addicted to it. It’s the only thing that allows me to bury my painful past—even if only for as long as it takes for me to come down from the high. All that matters is that I’m able to forget. And every heart-stopping moment of it was working…at least, until she appeared back in my life. Both my worst nightmare and my wildest dream all wrapped up in one beautiful woman…a woman I was still very much in love with. And that’s not the worst part… Linnzi Cunningham has no idea who I am...”
- Lakehouse Christmas (Sister of Snow Pines Part 4) (Sisters of Snow Pines) by Sage Parker
- This Old Wind (Leanin’ N Book 5) by BA Tortuga
- Valiant (Gentlemen of the Order Book 3) by Adele Clee
- A Beaumont Family Christmas (The Beaumont Series) by Heidi McLaughlin <— HEIDI MCLAUGHLIN ALERT! “...Catch up with all of your favorite characters from Heidi McLaughlin’s bestselling Beaumont series as they gather together in Vermont to partake in the festivities of the holiday season. Find out what they’ve all been up to, and what happens when they spend Christmas hanging out in a lodge, enjoying all that a snowy New England holiday has to offer…”
- His First Love: A Hammond Family Farm Novel (Ivory Peaks Romance Book 1) by Liz Isaacson
- Saltwater Crossing (Westcott Bay Novel Book 4) by Amelia Addler
- His Dark Obsession by Jenna Rose
- Christmas Carol by Jordan Marie
- One More Round (The Cocktail Series) by Alice Clayton <— OMG!!!!! ALICE CLAYTON ALERT!!! “…Reunite with Simon and Caroline from the New York Times bestselling WALLBANGER in this fun and flirty novella! Simon and Caroline have it all. A gorgeous restored Victorian house in Sausalito, flourishing careers, an eternal spark for each other, and a cat with more attitude than is legal in the state of California. So what’s plaguing the couple of the century? They’ve got everything anyone could wish for, except…a family...”
- Dreaming of His Pen Pal’s Kiss (Cowboy Mountain Christmas Cowboy Sweet Romance Book 6) by Jessie Gussman
- Untouchable Zane by J Cromack, Debbie
- Heart of Fire: (Blood of Zeus: Book Two) by Meredith Wild and Angel Payne <— FORBIDDEN LOVE STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!!! “…Professor Maximus Kane can no longer deny his passion for his stunning yet mysterious student, Kara Valari. But surrendering to their desires carries more consequences than just violating the Alameda University conduct codes. Kara has defied her destiny. Higher directives have been violated. Now there’s hell to pay...”
- Six-Gun (Royal Bastards MC: Sacramento Book 2) by Winter Travers
- The Last Goodbye by Abby McCarthy
- Inferno (Feverish Book 3) by Jade C. Jamison
- Love & Such: A Collection of Short Stories by Elle James
- Heart of the Vampire: The Complete Bundle by Tasha Black
- Resolutions Embraced (Ardor Creek Book 4) by Ayla Asher <— ENEMIES TO LOVERS ALERT! “...Abby Miller left Ardor Creek after high school, determined to become something other than a pariah. Chad Hanson had accidentally bequeathed her the name “Flabby Abby,” which destroyed any chance of making friends or having a normal high school existence. Two decades later, Abby returns, fierce and confident after her tenure as a senior advisor for a prominent Washington D.C. senator. Armed with her skills and experience, she begins an invigorating campaign to become the first female mayor of Ardor Creek…and to exact a smidge of payback against Chad...”
- The Reluctant Mafia King: A Mafia Billionaires Romance (The Crane Family Series) by Melony Ann
- Luke: Firefighter Curvy Woman Romance (Grover Fire Dept. Book 1) by Madison Webb
- Count on Me (Steamy in Sweetville Book 4) by Haven Rose
- Deep Heat by Stacey Broadbent
- Pining Over You by JN Welsh <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Vermont nights might get a little cold, but Sasha Merry has her work to keep her warm. Running the family farm has always been her dream, and this year it’s her time to shine. Sasha won’t let anything stand in the way of her plans. So when her most valuable employee gets hurt right before Christmas, she will do whatever it takes to prove to her father that she is up to the job, even if it means accepting help from the man who broke her heart….”
- Catchin’ Wesley (Inappropriate Date Agency Book 2) by Donna Mercer
- The Love Bet (Love Unexpected Book 1) by G.L. Tomas
- Home for the Holidays by Lucy Darling
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Let It Be: A Butler, Vermont Novel by Marie Force – December 24th 2020
- The Perfect Neighbor (A Jessie Hunt Psychological Suspense Thriller—Book Nine)by Blake Pierce – December 25th 2020
- The Perfect Disguise (A Jessie Hunt Psychological Suspense Thriller—Book Ten) by Blake Pierce – December 25th 2020
- Betray Me (Willow Heights Prep Academy: The Elite Book 2) by Selena – December 27th 2020
- He Saw Me First (Age & Innocence Book 1) by M Johnson – December 28th 2020
- The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher – December 29th 2020
- Forsaken Trail (Runaway Book 4) by Devney Perry – December 29th 2020
- Her Wicked Marquess (The Sinful Wallflowers Book 2) by Stacy Reid – December 29th 2020
- Hard to Hold (The Play Hard Series Book 2) by K. Bromberg – December 31st 2020
- Christmas in Quincy (Eden) by Devney Perry – January 1st 2021
- Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters Book 1) by Jaymin Eve – January 1st 2021
- Honor: A Heroes of Big Sky Novella (The Big Sky Series) by Kristen Proby – January 1st 2021
- Dragon Revealed: A Dragon Kings Novella by Donna Grant – January 1st 2021
- Single Mother: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller with a jaw-dropping twist by Samantha Hayes – January 5th 2021
- The Camp (Chateau Book 2) by Penelope Sky – January 5th 2021
- Laces (Boys of Hawthorne Asylum) by Tempi Lark – January 7th 2021
- The Prince and the Thief (Ambrosia Royals Book 1) by P.S. Scott – January 7th 2021
- 7th Circle (Hades Book 1) by Tate James – January 8th 2021
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
Five years ago since you read Written in Red?? It doesn’t seem like it was that long ago.
Had some fun with that book. Lol.
RIGHT??? Like… lookit how long we’ve been together!!!! It feels like it was yesterday.
If I can find a minute on Christmas Day I wanna watch the first episode of Bridgerton with my sister and daughters-in-law and niece who’ll all be visiting. Girl time 😀
It’s a new series based on a popular series of HRs. From the trailer it looks like it’s gonna be a visual feast with stunning costumes and sets. Hope it’s good!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpv7ayf_tyE
I’d like to watch it too.
I started season 2 of Virgin River the other day. I feel so behind on releases, I’m not even sure what I missed.
I’m so excited for the Bridgertons. The previews look amazing!!
I’m currently reading a book called Making the Cut (Sons of Templar MC series) by Anne Malcom. I’m about 25% into in (it’s on KU) and the writing reminds me so much of Kristen Ashley. If you’re looking for something with that vibe, I’d definitely try it. Like I said though, I’m only 25% in so it could take a turn, but so far it’s promising!
I’m so glad Alice Clayton is back on this list. It’s been so long since she’s written a book. Some of my favorites for sure!
I realized this morning that I may not be the only person who does this crazy organizing before Christmas and that made me feel less loony. And then I ran all over the house all day reconfiguring spaces and wiping things down and tossing things this way and that. I am whooped. And I’m not done. Mostly with the stuff, but not the cleaning. And I keep forgetting actual Christmas stuff in there. Like, shouldn’t we be decorating cookies and crafting and watching movies?
It’s because every year I know what I’m getting the kids, I get the stuff and I know I want a space for the stuff when it’s unwrapped. And from ending of summer, beginning of fall, there is so much busyness with school and birthdays and Halloween and thanksgiving and fall sports, that clutter doesn’t stop collecting. And I tell them to put things away and I’m gonna check if it’s done right (but I never have time) and not enough leaves every year because I have kids spaced so far I’m still deep in toys.
Now. How do I avoid this next year? Is there a trick? I want a holly jolly December next year.
This is how I am leading up to my readers retreat. I do every bit of spring cleaning I have in early October, and I usually have A LOT. This year I’m determined to tackle one project per week: a closet, kitchen cabinets, shelves I never touch, etc. I also have my bigger amazon boxes lining walls and I’m filling them with stuff to get rid of. I have way too much crap!
Right? I feel like I do this kind of often, at least a couple times a year and it’s always the toy areas. I just added more shelves. It feels good, but fills fast and then I feel like I’m back at square 1. There isn’t enough space in the house and also too many things.
Our kitchen is difficult to work with too. I’ve done the pantry recently and the Tupperware cabinet. Sorted through cups again. But there’s a huge one that I don’t even know where to start with. Ugh. I just wanna move and start over. Lol
It helps to not have to deal with toys. That’s not really something you can get rid of or even pair down yet.
It’s the sad truth. People say I’ll miss it, but…I don’t think so. We’ll see. Lol.
So, I was just looking back at books I read and remembered that I had to double check one that I couldn’t quite remember reading. And then when I opened it, I had an “oh yea!” moment. So, I looked to see if there was any news on when the sequel would be- bc I’m bad with series. If it’s too long, they get lost in the tbr, and I was excited to see it’s coming out the 26th!! That would be Never His Girl (Kings of Cypress Prep #2).
Grateful to my family…daughter has made all our family’s traditional food…8 French Canadian tourtières, latkes & beef brisket (for “Jewish Eve” for our newly combined traditions on Dec. 24), cooked rum pudding for our Scottish-Canadian boys.
All I’ve done is order take-out…pizza & wings, Indian, shawarma. (Apparently, that makes me a I’m super-star. 😉)
So, I’ve been just been having fun with the baby…she says she’d rather cook! Ha!
Oh, and husband wrapped all the presents. After all those years..aaah…
Do you have special dishes for the holidays?
Oh how I miss my mom’s and grandmom’s “Tourtières”. That is EXACTLY what I’m craving right now.
Meat Tourtières and Potatoes Tourtières.
I won’t even talk about pigs feet stew. 😉 Wasn’t a huge fan of it then, but I’d go for it now. 😏
Also Shawarma and Shish Taouk would really make me happy.Though not at ALL French Canadian, I can say VERY popular amongst French Canadians. I’m hooked on Lebanese food.
Food, food, food.
Ah, you are tourtière girl!! I love the ancestry of the women behind them – my mom, grandmother, aunts, cousins.
Tourtières are more of a challenge now as one person eats kosher…he gets all beef.
Brings up those great debates about what makes the best innards for the T. veal? beef? pork? potatoes? Lots of fun… (We’re not a potato family 😉)
And then there is a vegetarian – so none for her – so we make a squash and caramelized onion galette…more dishes to make…
And yes, Maryse, what is it with all those pork dishes from Montreal…I also remember a pork meatball and pig feet with rich gravy stew…it was really good when I was10 yrs old. ☺️
I’ve not heard of a lot of these. I’ll have to look them up. Our Christmas is very much like Thanksgiving. Just more sweets and a different meat. Used to be ham, but every now and then it’s different. May be smoked pulled pork this year. The sides are about the same.
I’m doing breakfast casserole here at home this year. And spaghetti.
Growing up, we’d just do a repeat of Thanksgiving, but I wasn’t a fan as an adult, so we would just try to do something festive like a ham or prime rib. These days it all depends on our mood. We didn’t even decorate this year but the hubs requested lasagna so I’m starting that today, and we’ll spend tomorrow overeating Italian, drinking negronis and americanos, and watching Christmas themed scary movies from this list: https://bit.ly/3rr2qcY 😆
Big Christmas air hugs to everyone!! I feel out of the loop and sad that I have barely read this year. ☹ Especially since reading has been such a huge part of my life the last 10 years. I miss you guys and hope to get back into reading soon.
Stay safe!! 😷
It’s not like we ever talk about books! You could pop in once in a while! 🤣 JK! Merry Christmas Leslie!
Today is my rep-digit birthday. Now I am dbl 3s. It’s unnatural to get up to an alarm on my birthday so I’m ignoring it. I have to leave for breakfast soon. It sounds cold out there. Tomorrow it will be 8 degrees. 😬 I’m snagging myself a coffee scented candle from my local coffee shop. And then stopping at another coffee shop for a gallon of iced toasted marshmallow cold brew. Yum! Coffee is my happy place.
Happy Birthday Tasha!
🎂 🎉 🍾 Happy birthday! What a great age to be! 🎂 🎉 🍾
(Hope it’s a quiet day LOL 😉)
Thank you! It wasn’t quiet though, lol. My Mom celebrates Christmas that day.
Happy Birthday Tasha!
It is your day, definitely treat yourself. I’ve been picking up candles every few weeks. Love burning a candle or two in winter.
Thank you! My candle smells amazing!
Loved reading my list from last year, what a great reading year 2019 was!! I like these flashbacks you have done. I click on them quite frequently.
Have a Merry Christmas all!
“Oh, yes, Santa, I definitely believe in you.” Eggnog Makes Her Easy by Erin Nicholas
Merry Christmas, book peeps! ❤