TODAY’S “BLAST FROM THE PAST” BOOK HIGHLIGHTS:
- 1 year ago today, this was Harper’s “Best of 2019” list. <— Time to start these again for 2020!! 😀 Send yours to me and I will post it.
- 4 years ago today, we created one of our most very favorite lists that some may hate (and love!!) The Ultimate “Marmy” Book List – The best jaw-dropping, ugly-cry, super-angsty awesome reads! <— DO NOT MISS THIS LIST!! It ROCKS WORLDS. P.S. “Marmy”= Maryse & Amy because we love tragic, gasp-worthy, distressing reads. 😉
Cait: Can’t believe this was four years ago!!
Maryse: I know it, right?? That was such a fun list to make!!
- 4 years ago yesterday, these were Nay’s favorite audiobooks.
- 8 years ago today, I read the first book in a series that was causing a frenzy!! Book Review – In Flight by R.K. Lilley
- 9 years ago today, I fell in LOVE with Joe. AND so did many of you. And to that I say… BACK OFF!! 😲 😂 Book Review – At Peace by Kristen Ashley
- 10 years ago today, I 4.5 star LOVED this one. CLASSIC Lyndsay Sands and had me giggling like mad! Book Review – Hungry For You by Lynsay Sands
- 11 years ago tomorrow, this book became one of my ALL TIME MOST FAVORITE BOOKS ever. It took a TON to get me to stop sobbing so I could finally finish it, and it rocked my world!!! Book Review – The Host by Stephenie Meyer
Meredith: The Host. The first time I read it it, I closed the book, hugged it to my chest and tried to figure out what to do next….which was to immediately start rereading it. I still get the same feeling every time I read it now, I 100% don’t want it to be over.
Taylor: I was literally here to say this. I WANT A HOST SEQUEL
Bonnie: by far her best book. There’s so much potential there, even if the sequel was a totally different group in the same universe.
Maryse: OMG I CRIED AND CRIED during the Host. One of my favorite books ever!!!!!!! I even had to stop in the middle – watched a funny movie – and when I picked it back up, I immediately started sobbing again.
Viola: the Host. I have read that book too many times to count. Just love it.
Heather: I love The Twilight Saga but I have yet to read The Host.
Meredith: Ugh, now I need to reread it again!! OMG GO READ IT!!!! You will not be sorry. Maryse linked her review up above and it’s spot on. It does start slow but it’s like a slow burn love story. Takes a minute to get there but once you are it’s perfection. I remember I had raved about to both my sisters and when they were reading it they both texted being like when does this pick up. I told both to just keep going and when they got to the end they understood why I loved it so much.
I’ve read it so many times, I own the hardcover (which I actually bought after borrowing it from a friend for my first 2 read through a and needed my own copy), the paperback (which had the extra scene) AND the kindle (because I wanted to read it and didn’t have either physical version on hand). I promise you won’t be disappointed!!
➔➔➔ Looking to reminisce even more? Check out all our “Blasts from our Books Past” posts here on my blog. 😀