But first… let’s get to know her better with some of D.G.’s 2019 highlights!
I LOVE a pretty cover…sometimes that is what makes me even look at the book to begin with.
My catnip…bully and arranged marriage.
We go to Panama City Beach at least once a summer since it is only a 3 1/2 hour drive. Even have an invite to go down for the weekend, just not sure if we will make it due to a possible ball game. Ugh! Crossing fingers that game will be a no go. Love getting my toes in that sugar sand!!
If you like Cajun food, Dat Cajun place on Thomas Drive is great. Has shrimp dishes and such. We tried that for the first time about a month ago. Needless to say, there are a ton of places to eat.
Anything around 10 is way too cold for me. We are at 49 but should be around 70 by afternoon.
Hydro flasks are wonderful…keeps liquids warm 6 hours or cold longer (maybe 8 hours). Great to have ice left the next day… just be careful with the hot…just about burned my mouth not realizing that it keeps it THAT hot!
…way back when, summer vacation lasted 3 solid months. Way too short now!
My 3 things this Monday:
1. I am a little melancholy this morning. More than likely due to summer winding down. My kiddos only have a week before school starts back…
2. A really, really LOVED Million Dollar Marriage by Katy Evans. I mean she is a given for me…but I LOVED the whole concept of this book. From the vast difference in personalities between the h and H to the reality show that brought them together. It was the awesome. Also, I finally got around to reading the Demigod of San Francisco series. Just awesome!
3. And finally…nothing funnier than coming into the office to see a sign by the badge reader stating that it is now called ‘Area 51’. And the claim is because it is a ‘restricted’ area…and not because of the folks working behind the door. Yeah, right! LOL…
My three things:
1. So very thankful and lucky that my family and friends were not immediately impacted by the two tornadoes yesterday. I was in Beauregard on Saturday. Very close to home for me.
2. Grateful for strong and long lasting friendships.
3. Coffee is a major food group…just saying.
And now, time for D.G.’s Best Books of 2019 List
And Happy New Year!
I am a little late getting this to you. Hope you are doing well.
This reading year has been a little tougher for me. I have struggled finding those books that make it hard to put down, that give me all the feels, or just carries me away.
Alas, I have came up with the ones that stand out from 2019 for me.
I absolutely LOVED this series! Prince Cardan is a straight up BULLY and a Fae to boot! Similar to most bully books, Jude is no pushover and can handle herself. Totally endured the cliffy for more of Cardan and Jude!
Totally loved the writing style, the characters and the whimsical feel. A must read!
The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata
What can I say…she is a one click author for me! Very strong h with a gentle giant for the H. Just love this second chance at love and Mo!
Becoming His Mistress by A.E. Murphy
OK….I know this sounds so forbidden and all kind of ways wrong…but there was a very slow burn. So slow that you kinda fell with her. Not justifying anything but she was not what you would envision as the other woman. I truly feel like he falls for her at a deeper level.
Neither of them set out looking for this relationship but as you move deeper into the book all things are not as they seem.
End times with a side of romance…yes, please.
Enemies by Tijan
Because it is Tijan. The h just wants to be invisible. Left to her homework but it doesn’t always work out that way when your enemy comes knocking …
Quiet Man: A Dream Man Novella by Kristen Ashley
again, because it is K.A. and I LOVED the Rock Chicks! So enjoyed Lottie and her quiet man!
Infini: A Standalone Romance (Aerial Ethereal) by Krista Ritchie
I really loved the first book in this series (Amour, Amour). So I was so excited to read this one.
The aerial family is just that a family. So enjoyed visiting with the main characters from the other book and how they banded together.
Like D.G.’s book style? Check out more of her favorites:
- Reader Favorites – DG’s Top 10 from 2016
- Reader Favorites – D.G.’s 2017 Top 10…ish
- Reader Favorites – DG’s Best Books of 2018 List
➔➔➔ Looking for more of our favorite recommendations? Browse our “Ultimate Favorites Lists” here. Are you in the mood for a certain kind of story? Browse our favorite “genre/trope categories” here and our reader favorites lists too.